cursed ─ harry potter (2)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which aurora black, a girl who lost everything, is forced to grow up. ▅▅▅▅ ⛦ book... More

Cursed [2]
Epigraph
Graphic portfolio
i. aleksander mansion
ii. the wedding - flashback
iii. the lost city of merlen
iv. nine months - flashback
v. exploration
vi. training
vii. hope
viii. her
ix. the other world part one
x. the other world part two
xi . empty answers
xii. the call
xiii. the lapsed war
xiv. remus and ron
xv. confession
act two
xvi. to rule
xvii. feelings part one
xviii. feelings part two
xix. decisions
xx. runskins riddles
xxi. change
xxii. night at church
xxiii. the hospital*
xxiv. confrontation
xxv. battle of hogwarts part 1
bonus chapter: harry remembers
xxvii. battle of hogwarts part 3
xxviii. final fight
xxix. home
xxx. the beginning of the end
act three
xxxi. one month

xxvi. battle of hogwarts part 2

6.4K 428 1.1K
By harringtonsbloom

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:

BATTLE OF HOGWARTS (Part two)

★ ★ ★

           Aurora thought when she saw Pierre for the first time, she would only feel happiness, but she found herself swarmed with flashing images of what happened to her the last time she saw him.

          Nonetheless, she found a small smile, a relieved exhausted smile had formed on her lips. She stopped all movements for some time, just a few seconds, maybe she was in partial shock that he was here. She had sort of thought that maybe something happened to her, or perhaps he had been mad at her for never telling him where she was hiding, she did find it weird that he didn't show up to Hogsmeade, but she was sure there was an explanation. He still appeared the same as the last time she saw him, a very clean and lawyer type look.

A relieved expression was on her face, one that affirmed that she and Pierre were in fact still on the same side, and he did pledge his loyalty to her. His expression told her that as well. He looked happy to see her.

"You're here." Aurora blinked. Naturally, her eyes drifted to his effortlessly clean suit. Not exactly the most appropriate outfit to wear during a battle. "And you're wearing a suit."

"That I am," He confirmed, with a pleasant nod in her direction. She almost forgot how strong and remarkably similar his accent was to Runskin's. "And you're covered in blood .... how rare."

Her lips twitched lightly, resisting a smirk. "Yes, it is rare for me."

"We need to talk." Pierre stated. His eyes glanced to the individuals behind her. "Preferably alone."

Ron stepped forward, "Like bloody hell you will."

"Not to put a downer on everything but we're still in the middle of a fight right now, and we're losing." George mentioned, letting out a small cough from all the flying particles of air. There were still screaming going on around them, but they were secluded in their small part of the castle.

Aurora had forgotten about the rest of them standing behind her. For those few moments, she found herself replaying every event that happened in her life over the last few months and how Pierre was the reason she stood here today. Without him, she would have been dead. Her corpse would have remained on the island, and she would most likely just be bones scattered around the bottom of the ocean. She wouldn't have been anything anymore. The months Aurora spent in that place was the second worst of her life, and she had no intention of forgetting the person who helped her escape that place: the person who risked his life for her without even really knowing the real her.

James looked at the man and he knew who he was instantly. There was one picture they had of Runskin, and Pierre was in the background of the photo. Magnolia also knew that Pierre was most certainly no on their side as he was Runskin's long-term right-hand man.

He analysed the young man. Not really young, it was like he had a young look, but wisdom very clearly lurked behind his eyes. He knew who he was instantly. "What are you doing here?"

Pierre turned towards him; brow raised. "Aurora asked me to come and by that association, here I am."

James pretended not to notice the very obvious look of pure relief that Aurora had in her eyes. He seen it several times but usually it seemed to be associated with other people. Something that remained in James' mind was the time he saw Pierre in the woods, he distinctly remembered (same as Magnolia and Sirius) the way Pierre gripped Aurora's forearm that night. Sort of like manhandling.

James stepped forward, hand on his wand and eyes narrowed into slits. "You're with Runskin so I'll ask you again, what are you doing here and what do you want with Aurora—"

"No, he's actually with me." Aurora corrected, appointing James a roll of her eyes. Although she wouldn't ever admit it, especially to James, he actually could be very intimidating. "So if you would just excuse us for a moment."

James' face converted into confusion, thick brown brows furrowing in confusion as he tilted his head. He looked at the girl for a few moments, as if trying to see even a shadow of doubt that didn't believe her own words, but he couldn't find it. Maybe it was because it was believed that that Pierre had something to do with how Aurora escaped. James did not believe the man was on her side, their side, for even a second. He wondered if Magnolia and Sirius knew the man was here and that he wanted to talk.

"James!" Aurora hissed, smacking his forearm as he pulled her back. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

If the circumstances had been different, James would have actually let out the smallest of smiles. Maybe it was because moments prior to this, Aurora had actually seemed to have softened up to him. Especially when the revelation of her cousin, the only person she cared about for many years, had died. A small part of him had actually wished that perhaps it caused the young girl to realise how any of them could die at any moment. All he wanted what was best for his (basically) daughter in law.

"Sorry if I don't trust you disappearing with a man who's literally wearing a white suit and somehow doesn't have a single stain on it."

The comment did have Aurora's lips resisting an upwards smile, nonetheless she kept her lips in a tight line and shook her head. "It doesn't matter if you don't trust him. I do."

"Who exactly is this?" Pierre asked, eyeing James.

"I'm her godfather, thanks." James replied, giving him a look.

For a small second, the fact he still acknowledged himself as her godfather made a bit of her feel happy.

"I'm getting Magnolia." James stated.

"Fine by me." She smiled politely and went to walk away with Pierre.

"And Sirius."

As per usual, the slightly twitch in her expression showed that she most definitely did not want Sirius to know. She turned back around and looked at James. "Do not tell Sirius."

James almost smiled when she pulled the same expression her father did when he didn't get her own way. James had seen the expression of an annoyed, pouty Sirius Black a hundred times, and it never grew old. Aurora had a softer look in her eyes, almost like she was trying to appear madder than she actually was. She stilled looked a little taken back, almost like she really did not want or expect him to get her parents involved.

"I care about you and I'm not having you going missing again—"

"I didn't go missing. You forgot me. Big difference, James."

"Ron and I have to go too." Hermione suddenly said, like she had been waiting her entire life to say those words. "We haven't got time to stand in the middle of this hallway trying to decide what to do!"

"You two have gotten plenty of time to snog, Hermione—" Fred began, and Aurora tried not to laugh when he said that.

"No." Hermione interrupted, reddening in the face. Ron gives his brother a look. "Ron and I need to go. This is the only time we can end this. we're the only ones who can end it! Please—Ron—we need the snake, we've got to kill the snake."

"The snake?" Aurora grew interested. She hated to admit it, but she felt left out. She should have been with Harry right now or Hermione and Ron. She should have been with them.

"Long story. We've got a lot of catching up to do." Hermione eyes glisten as she looks at her.

"Agreed." She mentioned. "Does anyone know where exactly where Harry is?"

"His scar was burning him. He went looking for Voldemort." Hermione answered, knowing all the answers. When she noticed Aurora closing her eyes, she quickly went, "What are you doing?"

She kept her eyes closed, letting everyone and everything around her become a motionless space and focused on the person she wanted to see. "Trying to see where Voldemort is."

Her eyes were closed for about four seconds when she heard the dramatic, loud sigh of James Potter. She could almost picture him standing in front of her with his hands on his hips. She also knew he was about to say something sarcastic. "You know one of us adults can do that as well, this might surprise you three but most of us hear also have studied—"

"Trying to focus." Aurora interrupted. "Kinda hard with all the talking."

"Not to sound rude or anything," She heard Pierre say lowly beside her, she almost grunted at the sound of his voice, distracting her. "But what I tell you really can't wait."

"In case it wasn't obvious, Harry is more important. Now if everyone could shut their mouths for two seconds and let me focus, it'd be much appreciated."

She heard Ron snicker.

His snicker then faded into low mutterings as her eyes felt as though they were gluing shut. If there was one thing Aurora had a strong ability to do that did not come from her Aleksander side, it was the ability to enter ones minds. She was a strong Legilimens. She had the ability to navigate someone's layer of their minds since she turned fifteen, reading about it many years prior to that of course. This wasn't the first time she broke into the mind of Voldemort, and the first time it was actually not as bad as she thought. This time it was much easier: a smoother process as well. She had a bit of head pain after the first time, but this time it was like her mind was breezing through the air.

In a grey puffy room, full of shadows and darkness she saw the figure of Voldemort. She knew it was him, the same way she knew it was him last week in the abandoned hospital. Standing tall and lurking in the corner of the room. Red darkened eyes casted out of the small window that she soon realised was the whomping willow. He looked weakened.

"My Lord," She recognised the voice instantly, and turned around to see Lucius Malfoy. One of his eyes remained closed and puffy. "My Lord. . . please. . . my son. . . "

"Your son's death is not my fault, Lucius." whispered Voldemort. "And I will not be blamed for your son's loyalty towards the Aleksander witch. I shall also not be blamed for his choosing of sides. The boy was headed down an unlikable path, that is why Aleksander did what he did—oh do not look at me like that, Lucius. You do not really think that you are a match for Aleksander? His powers stretch far beyond any level of any magic capability your mind can imagine."

"And the girl?" Lucius said in a low voice.

"What about the girl?"

"Has she the same level of abilities."

"No." Voldemort said a little too quickly. Something about Lucius expression must have aggravated him because he added, "You think otherwise? You would be foolish to."

"I think the wits of the Blacks might surprise you." Lucius replied, scrunching his nose in disgust. Aurora just knew that he was blaming her for Draco's death, she didn't blame him for doing so: she knew she was the reason her cousin was not here.

"Well, even those wits could not save your son, let alone defeat the most powerful wizard of all time."

Lucius closed his eyes at the last sentence, like Voldemort's word stung. Aurora was certain up until now that he didn't have a heart. "Aren't—aren't you afraid, my Lord that Potter might die at another hand but yours? Wouldn't it be. . . forgive me. . . more prudent to call off this battle, enter the castle, and seek him yourself?"

"Do not pretend Lucius. You wish the battle to cease so that you can clearly find Runskin. Runskin will not show himself until he is certain the girl is without her parents." Voldemort sneered in response. "And I do not need to seek Potter. Before the night is out, Potter will have come to find me." Voldemort dropped his gaze once more to the wand in his fingers. "Go and fetch Snape."

"Snape, my Lord?"

"Snape. Now. I need him. There is a—service—I require from him. Go." Frightened, stumbling a little through the gloom, Lucius left the room. Voldemort continued to stand there, twirling the wand between his fingers, staring outside the whomping willow.

Aurora opened her eyes, the figures around her becoming clearer as the minute passed. "Harry's not with Voldemort."

"Thank god." James breathed in. "Where is Voldemort."

Aurora might have been stupid in some ways, but she knew better than to tell James Potter, who wanted revenge on everyone and everything bad, that the man responsible for his pain was hiding in the Whomping Willow.

"He's not in a location, he was in Hogsmeade but he's apparated somewhere...he's looking for Snape." Aurora answered, half telling the truth.

"And where's Snape?"

"He doesn't know." Aurora replied in a monotone voice. "Playing hide and seek or something."

"Right, well if Voldemort is looking for Snape, then we ought to be looking for him as well—" James stated, glancing at Molly. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!"

Aurora who was halfway down the hallway turned back around and deadpanned at him. "James, what part of I have to go do you not understand?"

"Clearly all of it," James says without missing a beat, he tilted her head like he was waiting for her to reply with something sarcastic back.

"I'm sure whatever Pierre wants to say to me has something to do with Luke and if there's even a chance, I can save him right now...I'm going to." Says Aurora, flicking the swaying black hair behind her ears. She could hear explosions coming from all around them, unknown if one was coming their way.

"Let me go with you then!" James bellowed, before gesturing behind him to where the Weasleys and the lot of them stood, all appearing almost concerned. "You don't need to do this by yourself, Aurora. Let us help you."

His words sounded so sincere, but she could not bring herself to believe them fully.

She probably wouldn't fully believe anything him, or the rest of them said again. She would always second guess what he said. They betrayed her trust, and this was different than before: it wasn't like they lied to her about something or kept her out of the loop, this was different. She wasn't a child anymore; she didn't need a family really. She didn't yearn for one like she did before. The Weasleys weren't her family anymore, the same way that Sirius and Magnolia weren't either, none of them mattered.

"I asked Magnolia and Sirius—" Aurora began and ignored the "really?" look she received from James when she called them by their first names. "To do one thing and that was bring me Luke back – my Luke. And apparently, they can't even do that! So, you know as per usual I've got to save the day!"

James seemed to know by just her expression that she was not going to stay behind another moment, he nodded like he knew that when it came to Luke, there was nothing that could switch her mind.

"And the by the way, I don't need your help. I've survived this long without any help from your lot." Aurora takes one more look at him. "I think I'll be fine."

Any without anything else been said, the girl disappeared along with Pierre.

★ ★ ★

Across the castle, far away from Aurora and the rest of them, Damien had gotten lost in the crows of fleeing students.

One minute he was walking side by side with James and next moment he was shoved onto the ground by a group of screaming first years, or at least he presumed they were. Worst thing about it was the fact that James seemingly took off.

The castle, even in its broken and fire ridden form, was still rather beautiful.

He found himself walking through the hallways, throwing, and dodging curses that had been thrown his way. The last time he saw a fight this bad was when Marcos attacked the island all those years ago. To be fair, that fight was more so a physical one as many people on Merlen did not know how to use wands or any forms of magic. Whereas this fight was mostly magic based. Although he did see bruises and blood on some passing students faces signalling that it might have gotten physical for some people. The death eaters he encountered were mostly men and women: some teenagers even which surprised him. Many of these people were being led down a wrong path.

There was many of them, something that concerned him, many of them had been death eaters. There were more death eaters terrorising the hall and winning the battle than their good people. Many people clearly turned to the darker side of the wizarding world and many clearly would always support that side, no matter the outcome of this fight.

A masked figure came halting towards him, wand extended. "Ex—"

"Stupefy." Damien shouted over him, and the man dropped down to the ground unconscious straight away. He carried on running through the hallway trying to locate one of the many people who came here with him. He did not see Beckham or Louis since arriving here. This concerned him very much, but he knew the two men could handle themselves.

He didn't necessarily believe that he needed to kill every death eater here that attacked him, especially because he believed Azkaban was a worse punishment. Death was too easy.

He was running past one of the abandoned classrooms when he heard the sound of muffled grunts, like someone resisting something. He glanced inside the door of the classroom and saw three masked figures: dressed in black robes. The three death eaters were roaring with laughter, like they were taunting someone. After further inspection, he saw another two figures.

Lupin and a short purple haired woman were sitting on the ground with their hands tied in a charmed red rope (indicating that it was a burning rope that would eventually sore through their hands and bones) attached to the brown desk. He held his wand tightly in his hand.

Damien kneeled down against the side of the door, keeping himself low enough so that they didn't see or hear him. He brought his wand up and against the door slowly poked it open. The door had already been open a little bit, but he pushed his wand against it to open it an inch more, to hear what they were saying.

"Lord Voldemort wants all of those in the order to be kept alive...he has a far more disquieting plan arranged for them. He believes death will be too easy for some of them." One of them whispered.

"He wants the werewolf kept alive under any circumstances. Wolf venom is useful. Only good thing those beasts have. You know...maybe they can put him in some sort viewing show...maybe at one of the stands for the tournaments." The death eater snickered like it was funny. "It would be funny to poke a real-life werewolf—"

"I doubt they have a cage big enough for this one."

Damien's jaw clenched and he brought his wand upwards, he remained on the ground with his back pressed firmly against the wall. He pointed his wand at the floating candles at the top of the room, supplying the only light.

Damien flicked his wand and half of the lights blew out.

"What was that?" One of the death eaters asked.

"Go check the door." Another one instructed.

Damien waited until the man came right outside the door and when he did, he pulled him down onto the ground. The death eater let out a surprised, scared gasp but before he could even act or grab his wand from the ground, he acted.

"Alarte Ascendare," he said in a little less than a low tone and the man went flying down the hallway and down the dozens of steps.

He scrambled up from the ground and quickly entered the room with his wand extended. All eyes were on him.

"Aqua Eructo." Damien shouted and a blast of jet like water sped out from his wand and hit the two death eaters in their faces. They threw back two curses, but Damien dodged them both.

He threw a jinx at the short blonde haired death eater, but it hit the tip of his wand instead of him, causing his wand to fly behind him.

"Avada Kedavra!" One of the death eaters shouted.

Damien ducked underneath one of the turned tables, barely dodging the green spark that was aimed to hit his chest. Panting and breathing heavily, he kept silent for a moment before shooting out from underneath the table and bellowing, "

He managed to grab his wand with his ankle and drag it to his hand, however before he had the chance to pick it up. One of the death eaters had popped his head underneath the table, which did actually give Damien a slight fright as he was greeted with yellow teeth and insanely gruesome dark eyes.

Out of instinct, without even sparing a moment to think, Damien hit him straight into the jaw. There was a loud visible click and pop as the man's face flew to the ground. He stumbled backwards but still had his wand up, trying to shoot spells. Another punch into the nose caused the man to fall backwards straight away and completely pass out. A slight pool of blood came out from the back of his head indicating that he was definitely going to be out a long time.

He grabbed his wand, rising from the ground and threw the final spell at the last remaining death eater in the room. A row of arrows flew from his wand into the mans chest causing him an instant death as he fell down.

Damien wiped the small drip of blood that came from the man he punched before turning towards the two of them. He raised his wand and the ropes tying them to the desk unravelled and they were freed.

"Whoever you are, THANK YOU." The woman says, throwing the rope off her body. Her wrists were raw red.

Without so much as a thank you, Lupin got up from the ground and stalked towards the window. Tall and lanky. Irritated expression on his face.

Damien waited three seconds before going, "You're welcome for saving you by the way—"

"Knight in shining armour." Remus mentioned in a very clear sarcastic tone, still staring out the window.

"Amusing." Damien replied in an equally sarcastic tone. When he turned form the window and started walking away, he adds. "Where are you going?"

"To find James. Voldemort must be near the castle. More death eaters are appearing from the woods

"Well, I should probably go with you since you clearly can't handle yourself." Damien told him.

"I was handling things." Remus replied, glancing down at Damien slightly before he continued his stalk off.

"Oh, is that why you were tied up in that room back there? Almost dead. Sorry my bad, I didn't realise that was you keeping things under control—"

"I'm surprised you and James don't get along." Remus suddenly interrupted, alluding to the fact the other men had a very clear issue with Damien. However, it was very obvious that Damien did not care that they didn't like him. The man appeared like he had no emotions. "Neither of you seem to be able to keep your mouth closed for more than three seconds and when you do speak, it's laced with sarcasm."

Damien didn't show surprise, but he was. Out of the people who came to Merlen, Remus did seem to be the quietest.

"And here I was thinking you're the shy one." Damien looked at the man, and a set of dark brown eyes looked back at him. "Full of surprises you are."

Remus looked back at him and went to speak again.

The purple haired woman cleared her throat and for a moment, Damien almost forgot she was following them.

"You're the Damien," The woman suddenly bellowed, looking at the man like she was finally putting a name to the face.

Damien really did not reply to the woman and did pretend to ignore her until she proceeded to stare at him, waiting for a response. "You've heard of me?"

"You're the one who saved Aurora." The purple haired woman stated, with a smile in a thin line. Damien presumed this was another person who was apart of Aurora's family. He was a little taking back by the word "saved" because he wouldn't say he saved the girl. IF anything, it was almost the opposite. "Big thanks from all of us...I'm sure Sirius hasn't had the courtesy of thanking you yet. Maybe Magnolia, she is nicer. Speaking of the little one, where is she?"

Damien got the impression as he met more and more of the people who knew Aurora, that they all viewed the girl as some sort of unsure thirteen-year-old. However, to be fair, there were times himself when Aurora really did prove again that she was just a confused kid.

"She wanted to fight by herself." Damien answered, thinking of how the girl really did not want to be around her parents right now. Concern grew. "Why did something happen—"

"No, no, nothing happened, or at least nothing that I have been informed of. I just wanted to see her. I was kind of like an aunt to her before she got taken and I don't mean that as some exaggeration! I showed her what flares jeans were ...and butterfly clips. Oh, I remember the first time I showed her butterfly clips – she loved them. Wore them for weeks! I didn't get to see her much when she was in sixth year.... I was working for the order, you, see? I was abroad for most of the year. I still wrote to her of course, mostly about her issues with Harry and some other girl.... But um...I just really wanted to see her again, make sure she knows I'm still here for her...since we all forgot her. At least her mum is alive again! That's great." When the woman realised, she was ranting and the two men were looking at her like she had two heads, she adds. "Oh, sorry.... when I'm in stressful situations like this I tend to rant. I'm Tonks by the way."

Damien stared at the woman, still trying to piece out what she was talking about. "Oh, right, well."

Thankfully the sound of someone yelling distracted all of them, Remus and Damien sent one another a look. Tonks rushed down the opposite way when she saw a group of students year duelling with older death eaters. However, Damien and Remus followed the noise. Damien followed Remus as he did find the castle incredibly hard to locate.

When they found the sound, James was running by himself down a hallway and throwing spells at what seemed to be the ground.

"James, what are you doing?!" Shouted Remus running after him.

"It's him." James shouts, wand extended. "It's Peter."

"James, don't be ridiculous." Remus shakes his head, almost like he was embarrassed. He glances at Damien, before looking back at James. "This is like the fourth rat you've seen that you think is Peter. It's probably all the explosions causing them to scurry up here—"

"No, I'm not being ridiculous this time. Remus, I swear. That's him, it's him and I know it. I will never bother you again about this if you just help me grab him!"

"You're being ridiculous." Remhs huffed.

James glanced inside the empty classroom, he could hear a faint scurrying.  "Come out wherever you are Peter, I know you're in here. The windows are all barricaded and I will wait here all night if I have to—"

Damien made a face. Just as he thought this family couldn't get any weirder. "Why do you want that rat?"

"It's not a rat." James rolled his eyes at Damien. "It's Peter and it's none of your concern."

"You say that like its supposed to mean something." Damien replied, looking into the classroom that James and Remus blocked the door too. He could see the faint scurrying of the rat along the floor, like it was trying to find a way to escape.

"It's a long story." Remus quickly adds.

"Right." Damien nods.

James continued looking into the classroom despite the protests with Remus and the odd looks he was receiving from Damien, but he did not care. Since the moment he returned to this earth, all he wanted was to see Peter Pettigrew. He wanted to confront him. It was all he desired. The ministry was no help in finding him of course and during sixth year he took matters into his own hands, but he had no luck in finding him. Sirius helped him of course but it didn't matter. It was like he had disappeared the moment that James came back. He knew deep down he wouldn't be able to live without ever seeing Peter again. He wouldn't ever be able to feel peace.

Peter ruined everything. He ruined their lives. He took the life of both himself and his innocent wife. And he never paid for it.

"James, it isn't him!" Remus argued, shaking his head. "There are people who need our help right now and you're standing here fighting over a rat! C'mon, we've got to help the others—"

"For years, once every month, twelve times a year, I was with Sirius and Peter in their rat forms. I was there the first time they transitioned, and I remember the last time like it was yesterday. You might not remember what he looked like clearly, but I do. Even after all of this time, I still remember." James shouted causing the two opposite men to stop looking at him like he had two heads. "I know what his rat form looks like, and I know that I just seen him running in the halls. I don't care whether you believe me or not. Lily would believe me. That's all that matters and I'm doing this for her."

Remus looked at him for a few seconds, before nodding. "I'm sorry, you're right. I hope you don't think that I'm gonna let you do this alone."

There was a massive rattling in the classroom causing all three men to look towards the darkened room which now held a figure inside it.

And for the first time in over a decade, James Potter met Peter Pettigrew again.

★ ★ ★

"Why didn't you reply to my letter?"

This was the first question that left the black-haired girls lips as she walked down the stairs alongside Pierre. He let out the lowest of sighs confirming the fact that he did indeed receive her letter. She knew perhaps it wasn't easy for him to get a moment to reply considering Runskin was attached to his hip.

"—I know your manners still aren't the best but when someone tells you an urgent letter, the least you can do it reply."

"I do apologise but in case you've forgotten, I am supposed to have an allegiance to Runskin." He turned and gave her a look. "Not you. It wasn't exactly easy to find a moment without Runskin beside my side."

"He still doesn't read your mind?"

"He has no reason to. He trusts me more than anyone." There was some undetected tone lacing his words, but she couldn't identify what it was. "He is waiting for you in the forest. He asked me to tell you to come alone. If anyone else comes with you he will disappear and you won't have a chance to save Luke."

"Is he...okay? Luke....is there any sign of him?"

"As far as I can see, there's a small part of Luke left in there but you must hurry and get to him before sunrise. I'm certain that Runskin has almost full control over his body. Your friend hasn't long left."

"I'll get Luke back, even if I have to give myself to Runskin."

"Don't be foolish." Pierre stated. "I didn't work so hard to get you out of that place, just for you to decide to go back in because you want to save a boy."

She thought of Luke and her heart warmed. "Luke is more than just a boy and if it comes down to it and I can't save Luke using my new powers...he can take me. It's me he really wants."

"Hm."

"That still doesn't answer my question on where you've been all this time? I actually thought at one point maybe you were dead or trapped or something! You could have at least told me that you were alive—"

"I was busy."

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Oh sorry, didn't realise your personal life was so exciting."

The corner of his lips twitched upwards, "Very funny but no actually I was doing something far more important, something that might actually prove of a great benefit to you—"

"Miss Black?" A voice questioned from behind them.

Aurora knew the voice instantly. She stopped walking straight away and the clicking of the small, heeled boots confirmed it was the woman she was not expecting to see. The month she spent in isolation; part of her presumed McGonagall hadn't made it. She wasn't surprised to learn the woman had survived; she was one of the strongest women Aurora knew.

"I'll catch up with you in a minute. Wait for me at the gate." Aurora mumbled to Pierre, who disappeared in a flash.

Aurora turned around and looked at Professor McGonagall.

From the last time McGonagall saw Aurora Black, she appeared very different.

She was visibly thinner, like how she was in third year, and had a slightly nervous, tired look in her eyes. She was tanner, like she had been abroad. Her hair was short, something no one saw coming, but it did suit her very nicely. Still as black as it was before. The red jacket she wore almost took away the attention of the dried red blood on her face, like tiny splats. It didn't appear to be hers. If anything, it looked like nothing could harm the girl, she had a slightly confidence in her walk and stance: except her expression. It only occurred to her as she approached the young girl that she only now, thought of her.

The last few months, the girl's presence did not cross her mind. Nothing of the sort did until moments ago.

"McGonagall." She said with a shaky smile. "I've missed you."

"Where have you been?" The woman asked, like she didn't want to know the answer, but the concern was evident.

"Nowhere good." She answered quietly and gave the woman a nod to let her know that she was alright. McGonagall could see past her teary eyes and saw that something horrible had happened.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" Her concerned grew about a thousand times as she looked at the way the girl kept looking behind her. "Who was that man you were with? Where is Sirius?"

"Just...making sure everyone is alright." Aurora replied. "That man is no one. Just a friend helping me with something."

"Aurora, we're not back in first year. You can tell me what is wrong." McGonagall told the girl. It was like she was after taking a time machine back into 1991. When Aurora first came into the school and wore the same expression that she did all those years ago. She was closed off, arms crossed over her chest in a matter that was warning people not to approach her.

Her brows furrowed and she shook her head. "Nothing is wrong—"

"I can read you like an open book, Miss Black." McGonagall retorted and interrupted the girl before she could lie anymore. Something was wrong. She seemed agitated, and every couple of seconds she would bring her hand up and scratch her neck. McGonagall knew when something was bothering Aurora Black, she had that look in her eyes, the one where it was hard to tell if she was about to pull her wand out or burst into tears. "If something is wrong, I can help you. Where is Murphy?"

She almost looked like she was going to tell her what was wrong until she asked about Luke.

She nods to herself and swallows thickly. "I'm going to get Luke back right now, which is why I have to go. Please just, let me go and get Luke. When all of this is over and come and find you and I'll—"

"Have tea and biscuits in my office?" McGonagall finished and watched an actual smile come across the girls face.

"Exactly." Her voice wavered slightly. "Oh and if you see my parents, please don't let them know you've seen me."

"Miss Black!" McGonagall shouted as the girl took off running in the opposite direction.

"It was nice seeing you!" Aurora shouted, "You're still my favourite professor!"

★ ★ ★

I'm so disappointed in this chapter but at least I updated! Hope you all enjoyed reading it!

The McGonagall PART WAS MY FAVOURITE!!! I also liked writing how it is clear Aurora is going into the forest expecting to have to give herself up to save Luke... and then what will happen when she goes into the forest AND obviously McGonagall will find Sirius and magnolia and tell them!!!!

I wanted to write more action BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER HAS LOADS: Aurora vs Luke / Magnolia and Sirius vs Peter/ Luke AND James and Peter!! I did originally have it all in one chapter but it felt like so much happening so I changed it so that this chapter is leading into all the fighting!!

Please make sure and vote and comment and tell me your favourite part of the chapter! And what you want to see in the next chapter??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 813 52
Ella Barnes is quiet with a timid personality until she befriends the infamous Marauders. She starts to come out of her shell and find herself more...
2K 290 21
𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞...
274K 9.6K 52
„what if i would ask you to kill for me?" „then i would kill for you." ❝ THE ONE IN WHICH REGULUS BLACK'S DAUGHTE...
52 10 9
For most of Áine's lonely life, war is all she's known. War took her father, then her best friend. War had taken the only man she might have ever lov...