Something Inside (Published)

By OutOfMyLimit17

Ashton Miller was the richest, most powerful and sexiest man alive. Being a multimillionaire, he had everythi... More

Prologue
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Author's Note : Facts!!!
Author's Note
Chapter 1.....
Chapter 2.....
Chapter 3....
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5....
Chapter 6.....
Chapter 7.....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9....
Chapter 10....
Chapter 11....
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18...
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22....
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27...
Important Author's Note!!!!
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29...
Epilogue Part 1...
Epilogue Part 2...
***Bonus***
Bonus Chapter...
Sequel
New Cover!
RELEASE DAY!!
RELEASE DAY 2!!
SURPRISE!!!!
Trailers/Videos

Chapter 30..

1.1M 25.4K 6.1K
By OutOfMyLimit17

Final Chapter *Bawls*

I found the perfect picture of the characters above ^^^^^^^^^

P.S this is 2021 me......I have read the comments on this book (yes the author does read comments shocking) so reading the comments I'm actually really disappointed. So much hate. Sooo much hate. And not just towards the characters but ME.
GUYS I WROTE THIS BOOK 7 plus years ago. This is my first EVER book I ever wrote. So yes the characters suck. Yes there are plot holes. Yes the ending is rushed. Yes to everything. But please don't comment that you hate this book and that you hate me.
If you didn't enjoy this book I'm sorry. But maybe next time stop reading and delete the book. Don't harass and be rude. I'm not forcing you to read this book.
Hell I'm not suppose to have this up since it is Published and available on Amazon (yes a way better version).
All I'm asking is you please be nice. 

Happy Reading!!

I woke up the next morning to something heavy draped across my stomach and warm air being blown against my neck. I cracked open my eyes and waited for them to adjust before glancing around. As I looked around the room that wasn't mine I remembered what had happened yesterday. I looked down at the arm across my bare stomach and followed it up to Ashton's sleeping face. The covers were bunch around his waist leaving both of our tops bare. Ashton was laying on his front with his heavy arm keeping me held down and pressed against him.

Looking at him while he slept I couldn't help the smile that formed across my face. He looked so peaceful and almost innocent, and that seemed to make him cuter in my eyes. His face was always a brick wall and his jaw always clenched but while sleeping it relaxed and smoothed out. I reached out my one arm that wasn't trapped to my side and moved a stray hair that had fallen across his forehead. I thought about last night and felt my body warm at the thought.

Last night was just...great. Ashton made me feel so safe and loved while at the same time like an animal. It had been a while for me and Ashton made sure to be gentle with me at first. The last thing I remember about last night was coming down from my high and feeling Ashton kiss me softly on the lips before falling asleep. Probably not the nicest thing falling asleep on him but being wrapped in his arms I felt myself drifting off. It was the best night sleep I have gotten in a long while.

As gently as I could I moved his heavy arm off of my stomach and sat up placing it where I just was. I looked around and spotted his button up shirt I had thrown on the floor last night. Quickly getting up not to bother Ashton I grabbed his shirt and buttoned it up. Missing being near him I got back in bed. I reached a hand out and traced my fingers in some random design across his muscular back, which was still a little red from when I ran my nails down it; I couldn't help but blush at my actions. I looked around the room taking in everything with almost different eyes. The question of how many girls he has had in this room nagged at my mind but I pushed it back for the moment. Later when Ashton got up he was going to be bombarded with questions and he better have some good answers. Last night was great and all but we had a lot to work out before I could even think of trusting him, especially with my heart.

Looking down at his back I noticed a little below his shoulder blade was a small scar that looked like it was made by glass or something. I ran my finger over it wondering what happened there. As I ran my finger gently over it I thought about my own scar. Ashton's reaction last night surprised me I thought he would look at it in disgust but instead he ended up running his finger against it and kissed it. He had looked up at me briefly sending me a look that said I will be explaining later before his mouth traveled lower. Than of course I lost my entire train of thought the rest of the night.

I was busy in my own thoughts, my finger still running over his little scar when a deep voice filled with sleep spoke to the side of me.

"Nick did that." Ashton said. I looked down and saw he had his head turned to face me on the pillow, his blue eyes staring up at me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." I said almost whispering.

"That's okay I liked you running your fingers on my back." He shot me a grin and a little wiggle of his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head at him.

"So Nick did this?" I asked bringing the subject of his scar.

"Yeah we were 17 at the time and were play wrestling in my living room" He brought his hand and put them under his head while I traced the edge with my finger tip. I saw him shiver slightly before going on with his story. I felt a little giddy inside knowing I could make him shiver by my touch. "I had pinned him down more times than he did me and it was making him mad. It's my fault because I told him to take his best shot at me feeling cocky. He suddenly came at me while I was distracted, hitting my straight in my stomach and the next thing I knew I was falling on my mother's glass coffee table. When I landed on it the one of the glass shards embedded it's self in my shoulder. I didn't notice it because I was so busy thinking of all the ways my mother was going to kill me. Anyways I had to go to the hospital and get stitches even though it still scarred."

"I bet your mom was pissed." I said smiling at his story.

"Lets just say I ended up getting grounded, yes at 17 I was grounded, and Nick and I were told to never wrestle in the house again." Ashton said laughing.

"Nick must have felt terrible."

"He did. The entire way to the hospital he said sorry to me at least 50 times before I told him to shut up. I of course forgave him because it was basically my own fault I did tell him to do his best."

"Sounds like you and Nick got in a lot of trouble together."

"Tons. We were wild teenagers." He grinned at the thought. "So does my scar make me hotter?" He asked with a smirk and a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Oh yeah its very sexy." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. When I rolled my eyes I caught sight of the alarm clock on the bedside table and gasped, 9:45. "Ashton we have work!" I yelled and jumped up off the bed. I ran around the room gathering my clothes in my arms while Ashton turned and sat up in bed. Seeing him in bed shirtless and only a sheet covering him made my body warm but I ignored him and whipped my head around trying to find my shoes.

"Layla. Layla!" Ashton yelled my name. I looked at him but still kept glancing from the corner of my eyes for the rest of my clothes. "I already called in. We aren't going to work today."

"You did?"

"Yes I got up earlier and called Judy saying neither of us would be coming in." I dropped everything in my arms and my eyes widened at the mention of Judy remembering the real reason I came here yesterday. The file!!!

"Shit shit shit shit!!" I chanted and reached up to grab my hair. I touched it than pulled my hand away feeling all the knots it was in. Of course I look like shit and Ashton doesn't.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked grabbing sheet and wrapping it around himself before coming towards me.

"I had a file I needed you to sign yesterday and it had to be in to human resources before 5 last night." I groaned.

"Layla it's okay. I'm the head of the company remember it can be late." He said reaching for my chin and bringing up so my eyes met his. "Plus there is now way I'm letting you out of my sights today, especially if your dressed like that." He let go of my chin and I looked down at his shirt barely covering me. It made it to maybe mid-thigh and a few buttons were undone. As I looked down at myself I remember seeing Natasha just like these only 2 days ago. With that thought in mind I had to reluctantly move away from Ashton. Before anything else could happen between us I need to know Ashton wasn't going to run off to Natasha again, that he won't just sleep with me than push me away again, and that he was actually serious about me. I can't get my heart broken from him again.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking down at my face. Keeping my gaze away from his nicely toned abs I took a deep breath knowing I was about to ruining our little peace bubble.

"We need to talk... you know before things go any further." I said and as soon as the words left my lips I thought this sounded like Ross and Rachel from Friends when they get back together the first time.

"Okay I agree." Ashton said surprising me. I stared at him surprised. I was waiting for him to get mad or say I'm crazy for wanting to talk.

"Wait did you just say you agree with me?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes I did. Is that surprising?" He asked smiling softly down at me tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I nodded softly still surprised he didn't put up a road block for me. "Layla I want to show you how serious I am about this, about our relationship. I will do anything to get you to forgive me and let me be with you." He said sincerely. I held back a swoon and instead smiled at him.

"Good. Now let me go shower because I feel all gross. And I can't be a good sight to see." I said pulling away from him.

"You are beautiful either way." Ashton kissed the top of my head and backed away. "Go shower...unless you need some help." He suggested smirking at me.

"Nope I think I can do it all by myself." I said putting extra meaning on the word 'all'. With a smirk at the way his blue eyes darkened I turned to go to the bathroom. A slap on my ass made me yelp and jump turning to him. He just smirked wider and turned away from me. Shaking my head I headed to shower.

It took me forever to get the shower started because of all the different knobs it had. There was 2 knobs for the temperature than a handle bar like thing I had no idea what it did. I just tilted it up and the water finally started. When the shower finally warmed up I stripped and stepped under the water. The shower head wasn't like mine at home it was almost like a waterfall. It fell down on my shoulders softly and I almost moaned. I could stay in here forever.

I washed my hair and body throughly using Ashton's shampoo since he had nothing else. I stood there smelling my arm after using his body wash, man did it smell good. I may be weird but I think men's body wash smells much better than women's. Plus I didn't mind smelling like Ashton. The water starting turning cold so I forced myself to finally get out. Wrapping a towel around me I wiped away the fog that collected on the mirror and looked at myself.

My brown hair stuck to my face and laid limp and wet down to the middle of my back. My cheeks are a slight pink from the water shower but my face seemed to glow. Staring back at me was my grey eyes and instead of looking dull and almost lifeless they looked brighter and seemed to shine. If being with Ashton for one day did this to me I kind of can't wait to see what will happen after being with him longer. A knock on the door jerked me out of staring at myself and I called out.

"Come in." The door opened and Ashton stood there now in a pair of boxers holding what appeared to be a pile of clothes.

"Your finally done." He said coming more into the bathroom setting the clothes on the counter.

"Hey your shower was hard to work and...it's amazing." I added.

"It would have been better if I was there." Ashton said taking a step closer to me. With him being practically naked around me I don't know if I can control myself.

"Nope back away pervert. I need to get dressed so out you go." I put my hands on his hard stomach and tried pushing him out the door, the main word tried. He was like a brick wall. I pushed harder trying to not let my towel slip off of me at the same time."Ugh move you brick wall!" I grunted. Ashton laughed but family left the room closing the door behind him. I stared at it after he left smiling. If this is how Ashton really is I like it better.

Not wanting to chance him coming back in unannounced I quickly grabbed the clothes he gave me and got dressed. Embarrassedly I picked up my panties on the top and cringed that Ashton grabbed them. I didn't want to wear the same pair but with no other choice I slide them on and the rest of the clothes; which consisted of a pair of long sweats and a black shirt that had the faded words of Green Day. Searching through the cabinets I finally found a brush before quickly but slowly brushing my knotted hair before exiting the bathroom.

Ashton sat on the bed looking down at his phone before looking up at me.

"You look good in my clothes." He remarked. I shook my head at him.

"Go shower." Was all I said before leaving the room and heading downstairs. I headed for the kitchen to make us some breakfast while thinking through all the things I wanted to say to Ashton. As I found the stuff to make pancakes and pans I started on the batter making a speech inside of my head. It was the writer in me that liked to have it all planned out before saying it. I poured some pancakes in the pan and leaned against the counter.

Layla just explain how you feel and tell him how much he has hurt you. Than of course asked about Allie. I wanted/had to know what happened between them in order to make more since of why Ashton is the way he is. Than let him explain. I had the tendency to run off before hearing what people had to say so this time I am going to force myself to stay put and listen to everything Ashton had to say whether it hurt or not. I planned on making him apologize multiple times before anything else could happen. I was not going to be a pushover.

Putting the bunch of pancakes I had made on a plate I grabbed two more before searching for the syrup. Right as I put it on the counter Ashton walked in wearing a pair of worn holed blue jeans and a light blue shirt that hugged his upper body.

"You cooked." He said more a statement than a question.

"Yes I did. Lets eat than talk." He nodded and took a seat.

We ate in silence until we both were full and groaning. As the silence wore on I played with my fingers on the counter trying to come up with something to say to start the conversation I knew we were both dreading.

"It was 4 years ago." Ashton said breaking it first. I turned and looked at him listening. "It was my 21st birthday and my parents had let me and Nick have a party at our beach house. We basically invited the entire college honestly. Allie and I had been dating for 2 years and I was completely in love with her, although Nick thought I was crazy since he never liked her from the start. Anyways I thought long and hard about it and finally decided I was going to propose to her that night at the party." When he said propose I felt my breath hitch and jealous mixed with pain flared inside of me but I bit it down still listening to his story.

"I was so young and in love I didn't care that we were only 21 and had one more year to graduate. Allie was everything I had wanted, people use to say we made the best couple and that they could see us getting married one day. Well I talked to my parents, who finally got on board, and her's before fully committing to it and buying the ring. I had it all planned I was going to have Nick set up a blanket with candles on the beach down a ways way from all the people, than I would take her there before proposing. I was stupid and blind that I didn't think anything was wrong when I walked in on her in my bedroom dropping my phone quickly on the dresser. Anyways the party had more people than I thought would show and I had lost Allie somewhere along the night"

"The beach was empty besides a few stranglers. I looked for a little bit asking around for Allie before someone told me they saw her go down the hallway to my bedroom." Ashton stared down at the granite counter clenching his jaw at the memory. "When I got there she was in my bed half naked with Alex Ryder." I felt my mouth drop open. Alex?! " She..she looked happy that I had caught her like she had planned the whole thing. Somewhere between yelling at Alex and tackling him she fled the room. Nick pulled us apart but I was to angry so I sent everyone home even though it was only 9 o'clock. Knowing that Allie was gone I drowned myself in whiskey while Nick sat beside me watching over me."

"The next morning my mother called me yelling at me for giving Allie 5 million dollars. I didn't realize that was what she was doing in my room when I caught her before the party. Afterwards I called her, texted her, even went to her parents house but they were gone. She used me for my money than took off." He voice was angry or cold it was sad and hollow. And on his birthday. Reaching out I laid a hand on his shoulder. I kind of remember hearing about a big party some popular guy was hosting and how it ended early but I never went and only briefly heard about it. Guess it was Ashton's party.

"Ashton that's...terrible. Thats why you use women huh?" I asked softly. I understood how he felt having been cheated on myself. But at least I didn't get stolen from. Yes it hurt hearing him say how much he loved her and that he was going to propose to her but hearing the tone of his voice I knew he felt nothing for her anymore, hasn't for a long time. He didn't answer me as I rubbed his back. I got why he hated Alex for he was caught cheating with his ex but I knew Alex wouldn't have done it intentionally. He didn't seem like that type.

"Mine was on my anniversary." I said after Ashton was silent for a while. He looked over at me confused. "When my boyfriend cheated on me. It was our 2 year anniversary when I found him in bed with another girl. He said he would pick me up at 6 but after an hour of waiting I went to his dorm to see if something was wrong and instead found him having sex with some slut." I shrugged. It didn't hurt that bad anymore talking about it. "He's now engaged and i'm happy for him." I added looking over at Ash. His blue eyes held sympathy but also admiration.

"You don't sound hurt about it." He commented. I shrugged.

"I realized that by holding onto it I only hurt myself. There's nothing I can do to change it, what happened happened. I mean I was hurt for a long time but I finally got over it. Would I go back and change it, no. Do I wish I never met him and fell in love, no." I stated simply. And it was true it happened for a reason and I couldn't change the past. "You need to move on from it. I'm not saying forget it completely but instead acknowledge what happen, let yourself hurt, than move on." I stared into his eyes. "You can't let it keep holding you hostage."

"Do you always know what to say? And be so happy all the time?" He asked.

"Well yes to the first one." I grinned. "But it took me a LONG time before I could even start to be happy. If Kacey hadn't helped me through everything I wouldn't be here."

"Everything as in..." I looked at him asking myself if I was ready to let him know about my dark past. I have learned to accept it but I don't know if Ashton will.

"I'm going to tell you something about myself so please don't ran off afterwards." I said my eyes pleading up into his. He had confusion written across his face but he slowly nodded. Taking a deep breath I told him everything about my parents and what they did to me. How they use to beat me on a regular bases, how I had to learn to cover the bruises with Kacey, the things they said to me, and finally my scar. The whole time I talked I didn't once look up at him not wanting to see his expression. Just one look from Ashton I knew I would break down and I couldn't right now. My voice was emotionless and hollow like his was the entire time.

I let out a breath as I finished my story and sat there in silence. I didn't dare look anywhere besides at the counter, for all I know I could be talking to an empty chair and Ashton ran off at sometime. It was hard telling someone about my past and I felt like I was reliving it all again. It had taken a LONG time for me to not be skittish around people, and to go out of my own little protective bubble. I use to hate thinking about the things my parents did to me, but after a few years being away at college I came to realize that if they hadn't done that to me I wouldn't be who I was. I would be an entirely different person and I honestly love who I am. Yes I do hate my parents with a fiery passion and I am glad I never have to see them again but I do still ponder what my life would have been like if I had loving parents, parents who I could talk to about anything and hear them say they love me everyday. I won't deny that I was insanely jealous of Kacey's relationship with her parents, I wanted that for myself but in the end her parents kind of became my own and I realized how stupid my jealousy was.

I've come to realize that sometimes being blood related means nothing and having a family that isn't blood related is everything. Kacey is my sister and her parents are my parents. We are a family whether we are blood or not. They say blood is thicker than water but in some cases it isn't and thats mine included. My water is thicker than blood.

I waited with bated breath for Ashton to say something, anything. I wanted to steel myself for his rejected but I couldn't. After bearing my soul to him I don't know how I will feel if he rejects me.

"Layla." He finally said breaking the thick tension. His tone showed nothing as I awaited his words. "You are incredible." What- I looked up at him in surprise. He stared down at me with admiration and love instead of pity and disgust I was thinking i'd see. "You went through all of that and look at the way you are. You didn't let that take you down and you've become a better stronger person."

"Your not disgusted with me?" I asked tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Baby no." He stood up and to a stop by me. He grabbed my chair and spun me around until he stood in-between my legs. "You are incredible. You are nothing what your parents told you, at all. You are not worthless, nor ugly, nor are you going to end up alone; I won't allow it. Layla you are beautiful, smart, sexy, funny, amazing, strong, and completely worth everything in this world."

"If only I could go to parents and beat the shit out of them, your mother included, for ever saying such things to you and hurting you. I wish I could have protected you from all of that; and what i've said to you I don't expect you to forgive me. I'm no better than your parents. But Layla" He softly cupped my cheeks looking down at me. "I will spend the rest of my life begging for your forgiveness, proving every single day that you are not worthless and mean the entire world to me. I didn't know what love felt like until I found you and fell deeply in love with you when I didn't even know I had. I tried to push you away forcing myself not to feel anything towards you but instead I ended up falling even more. I don't want your forgiveness, and I don't expect you to give it to me right away but I will work for it and prove my feelings for you."

"I have done and said some terrible inexcusable things to you and I will not make that mistake again. Layla you make me into a better man than I ever thought I could be. I feel whole when I'm near you, I feel happiness inside of me instead of nothing, I feel as if I can see the gold at the end of a rainbow." I smiled at him while tears leaked out of my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "I do not want to be the reason you cry anymore, I want to be the one making you smile and laugh." He opened his mouth to talk but I lifted my hand and placed it over his mouth.

"Ashton the moment I met you my life has turned upside down. My life isn't filled with nothing anymore. I have been hurt, happy, confused, sad, and hopeful the entire time I have known you. When I am with you I don't feel like a screw up or that I'm broken. I didn't want to be with anyone until you came along and somehow you wiggled your way into my heart. Even when you were a jackass to me I still liked you. When people would say things about you I knew they weren't the real you, I have seen the real you. Yes we fight, argue, and hurt each other but at the end of it all I will still love you. You make me forget everything my parents have said to me, you make me feel worth it for once in my life."

"I'm not saying I forgive right at this moment for everything you have done to me but it is a start. You accept me for me and I do as you. We are a messed up pair but we fit together like a jig saw puzzle. This is going to be hard but I know we can make it work. That is if you want me." I said dropping my hand from his mouth. A real full blown smile bloomed across Ashton face before he leaned down and captured my lips with his. We kissed until we were forced to come up for breath. He laid his forehead against mine.

"Layla Kingston I want you forever."

I grinned up at the man I have somehow came to love despite everything we have put each other through. The man who makes me feel like a different and better me; someone who isn't afraid of taking a chance. The man who has somehow fixed my heart without me even realizing it. The man that has capture my entire heart and soul when I didn't think someone could. We have already been through a lot and I know we will as well in the future but I know deep down this was right and I was going to fight for it with everything I have. I am looking at my light at the end of the tunnel and knowing it is everything I have ever wanted.

I, Layla Kingston made the cold-hearted playboy feel Something Inside.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo that is the last chapter of Something Inside. This has been a long and amazing journey for me. When I first got on Wattpad I didn't think anyone would read my stories let alone like them. This is my first REAL story on here and I know I have come along way from when I first started.

For those of you who have followed this book from the beginning I have to tell you guys I love you. If it wasn't you and your votes and comments I probably wouldn't still be writing this. Your encouraging comments made me want to write everyday and update when I really should have been doing homework :) For those newer people thank you for reading as well, you guys are just as amazing!!

I know a lot of you guys commented last chapter that Layla shouldn't forgive him that easily and I do agree, but this is fictional and I only had this chapter left to settle things between them. I made sure to put that Layla wouldn't forgive him so easily and she won't. I hope you guys liked the way I ended it and if you didn't please comment.

I am thinking of maybe trying to publish this story but I don't know if anyone would really buy it, or like it. Of course before I do publish it I will be going back through and editing the whole thing. I will keep you updated if I do decide to do that :)

I still haven't decided what to write next so for the time being check out my reading list to find something. I should know what I am doing in the next few days so it shouldn't be that long of a wait.

The contest will be posted as a separate chapter on here with all the info about it. That will be up maybe tomorrow.

Again thank you for all of you that have taken your time to read this story it means a TON to me :) The epilogues will be up soon. My parents are going to be gone for 4 days, 4 days!!!!, to Seattle so i will have plenty of time to write.

VOTE, COMMENT, READ, AND THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!!

<3

-Ken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.2K 58
Ashton Black, He's gorgeous,handsome,smart.Greek god is the name that suit him.He's powerful and talented.He earned the title 'the richest billionair...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
3.3M 93.3K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...
25M 715K 48
Jenna Howard is not your regular 19 year old. She's been by herself since she was just 5 years old. After being dropped off at an orphanage when she...