What if i told you i love you?

By stories116

Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Ba... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four

Sixteen

7.6K 137 2
By stories116

A couple of weeks later the day came, the day of my first final with this club. My first chance at silverware with this club.

Today, unfortunately i'm not starting because of an injury i picked up in training last week. It was a rush to see if i would be fit enough for this game, we done everything to make sure i was and thankfully i am fit enough to make the bench.

Barca starting X1
S. Paños
M. Torrejón
I. Paredes
J. Fernández
F. Rolfö
P. Guijarro
A. Putellas
I. S. Engen
C. Graham Hansen
Jenni
L. Martens

Bench
Gemma Font
Asisat Oshoala
Andrea Pereria
Leila Ouahabi
Cata Coll
Clàudia Pina
Melanie Serrano
María Pilar León
Emily

******
The warmups went well and so did the team talk before the game. The whole squad is ready for this today, not just the players but the staff are too. We can do this.

On the bench i sat beside Mapi and lay my head on her shoulder.

"You could win your first trophy with us today"
She said smiling at me.

"Yeah and this could be the first of many"

"It will be the first of many, trust me"

"I hope so"

After sixteen minutes we were ahead after Ingrid scored. As the ball hit the back of the net the players on the pitch ran towards her and all of us on the bench jumped up and celebrated with each other. I was jumping with my arm around Mapi.

By the twenty-seventh minute on the outside it looked all but over, 3-0 to us after Caro done what she does best and scored two pretty good goals. Frido got the assist on one and the other was a touch of brilliance, a fantastic free kick.

"Damn"
I said under my breath as the girls were going back to their half after Caro's free kick went in.

"Can you take free kicks?"
Mapi asked me.

"Probably not"
I chuckled.

"I'd put my money on you to score"

"Why?"
I questioned.

"Because you have the quality. Emi, you're one of the most composed finishers i've ever seen, i wouldn't put it past you to be able to score a free kick"

"I've never took one before"

"Never?"
Mapi questioned.

"No"

"Let's change that"

"How?"

"One day, when we win a free kick you will take it"

"Whatever you say. You know i've seen your free kicks all over social media and for a defender you're pretty good"

"You think?"

"Yeah, i think you would be okay as a midfielder but that can't happen because we need you at the back"
Mapi ruffled my hair.

"What about penalties, have you took one before?"

"Yeah, i took a few in penalty shootouts for Chelsea"

"Ever miss?"

"Perfect record. I'm two for two i think"
Mapi put her arm around me as i said this.

"Love birds, this is televised and there are fans in the stadium who can see you"
Leila said from behind making everyone on the benches attention turn to me and Mapi.

"I don't care"
Mapi said as she pulled me closer to her.

"Are you guys dating yet?"
Oshoala asked.

"No we're not dating, why does everyone think that?"
I asked but i knew the answer.

"Because you guys are in love with each other and don't bother saying that youse aren't in love because you are"
Pina said.

Me and Mapi both remained silent.

"So you guys are in love?"
Leila asked with a smirk on her face.

"I am"
I admitted.

"Me too"
Mapi also admitted to the girls.

"How cute"
Andrea said teasing us.

******
For the last twenty or so minutes of the first half me and Mapi were getting teased on the bench, but she didn't let go of me. Anyway, the half time whistle went and we went in at half time leading 3-0.

The second half began and five minutes after the restart it was all over. 5-0 to us. Frido got her goal and Caro got her hat trick.
What a player she is.

In the 66th minute we made our first changes of the game.
Andrea went on for Jana.
Oshoala went on for Alexia.
Leila went on for Frido.

Alexia came and sat in-front of me and Mapi.

"Well played, Capitán"
I said which made Alexia smile at me.

"Thank you Emi but i didn't do much"

"Yeah you did, you controlled the game"

"She's right, Ale"

"I love you guys"
Alexia said.

"We love you too"
Mapi said as she swung her arm back around me.

"How's the whole love thing going?"
The captain asked with a smirk.

"Great, she's pretty cool"
I said pointing at Mapi who just laughed.

"Yeah it's pretty good"

Ten minutes later the score was still 5-0 but it was our moment. Mine and Mapi's moment. My first final for this club.
Mapi went on for Irene.
I went on for Ingrid.

It took me a few minutes to get up to speed with the game but once i did i began to play the way i know how to. Within the first five minutes of me being on i hit the crossbar and worked the keeper a couple of times, i also set up Lieke who fired her shot just wide of the post.

After ten minutes i played another through ball to Lieke and this time she got onto the end of it and scored. 6-0.

In the last minute of the game i was fouled just outside of the box and the ref awarded us a free kick. Both Caro and Lieke stood over it.

"Emi, come here!"
Both girls yelled so i jogged over to where they were standing.

Caro picked up the ball and put it in my hands.

"This is yours kid. This is your chance and i believe in you, we all do"
Caro said which made me smile.

"You've got this"
Lieke said as she patted my back and then both girls ran away, leaving me with the ball and one aim: Get the ball into the back of the net.

I placed the ball how i wanted and took four or five steps back, i then took a deep breath and looked at the goal. The ref blew her whistle and i ran to the ball. I hit it with power, i put my laces through it and it worked. The ball soared into the roof of the net, the keeper was left rooted to her spot.

First final for Barca✅
First trophy for Barca✅
First goal in a final for Barca✅

All of the girls rushed towards me and they all looked so happy for me which made me happy.

"I told you that you would do it"
Mapi said with a smile but i didn't say anything back i just hugged her.

Our celebrations weren't too long but they were long enough. As Atletico restarted play the final whistle went.

We all ran towards each other and started jumping around.

I went over to all of the Atletico players and as i was walking back Alexia came over to me, she put her arm around me and pulled me closer to her.

"You're a special player"
She said and i just smiled. Right now i feel nothing but sheer happiness.

"You're la reina"
The queen.
I said back.

"That Emi, that was one of the best free kicks i've ever seen"

"Really?"
I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. The way you stuck the ball was perfect"

"I love you so much, Ale"

"I love you, kiddo. I love you so much"
I took Alexia's arm off me and then i wrapped my arms around her, embracing her in a hug.

"You know moving country at such a young age isn't easy, especially coming to a big club with huge expectations and not knowing anyone, it can be daunting, terrifying and can damage your confidence but you've faced it all with a smile and here you are a few months later one of the more popular girls in the group and a fan favourite. I couldn't be prouder of you"
Alexia said which made me a little emotional, not going to lie.

"I can't describe how much you've helped me. Thank you, Alexia"

"Anything for you, Emi. Anything for you"
She whispered into my ear before putting her arm back around me and walking me to the rest of the girls.

******
After a good ten minutes of celebrating we got our medals and Alexia lifted the trophy. Everyone was jumping around with huge smiles on their faces, me included. The staff were spraying us with champagne while the fans were cheering. We were trying to hide and not get hit with the champagne, using each other as shields only to be sprayed from another angle. I've never felt this happy before. Playing football has never brought me this level of joy before. I'm the happiest i've ever been.

After the trophy lift we stayed out on the pitch to celebrate and get pictures. After i got mines i sat down and just looked around, taking it all in. After a moment or two i was joined by Mapi. She sat down beside me and put her arm around my waist, pulling me towards her.

"What are you thinking about?"
She asked me.

"I've never been this happy before"
I said as a huge smile creeped up onto my face which made Mapi smile as well.

"Get used to it because this won't be the last time you experience this"

"I love you, Mapi"

"I love you too, Emi. And i am so beyond proud of you"

"If we weren't in the middle of the pitch i would kiss you right now"
I said as i put my head on her shoulder.

"Shall we go into the locker room then?"
She asked with a smirk.

"After you, Amor"

That's what we did. We walked towards the tunnel and as soon as we were out of sight Mapi connected her lips with mine and we shared a passionate kiss until we heard the rest of the team coming in, so we pulled apart and she just held me in her arms.

Today has been special.

This is my club. My home. My happiness.

@emily

I love this team❤️💙
First trophy of the year, hopefully the first of many🏆
So happy to have won my first trophy with this amazing club❤️
@fcbfemeni

patri8guijarro - first 🏆 of many

leilaouahabi - that goal😳😳

graham95 - ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

marialeonn16 - so proud of you🤍

aitana.bonmati - incredible player!

fridolinarolfo - more 🔜

janafernandez - bestie❤️

alexiaputellas - so beyond proud of you, kiddo❤️❤️

jennihermoso - Campeonessssss

liekemartens - baller🔥🔥

calaudiaapina - okay but that goal🔥🔥

ireneparedes4 - you deserve it, kid x

ingrid_engen - no one deserves it more👏

_cata13 - what a superstar!

brunavilamala - ❤️
^come back soon. I miss you 🔜❤️

gemmafont - 👏👏

andreapereira5 - baby goat🥰

marta_torre_8 - our very own baby Alexia❤️
^thats a compliment i will take all day.

sanpanos - legend in the making...

mariona8co - La reina😍
^Thats all Ale but i'll take it. Also come back soon, i miss you!

mel_serrano89 - the talent you have🤯🤯

fcbfemeni - this club loves you!

@emily

Just me and my idol, otherwise known as the best player in the world, la reina and the queen of Barca

alexiaputellas - i love you so much, kid❤️

Twitter

woso.fan - anyone else see Emily and Mapi during the game😳

barca.fan.womensfootball - Emily and Mapi were so cute on the bench!

emilyfan.1 - Emily and Mapi😳

arsenal.woso - Emily and Mapi are so cute🥰

fcbfemeni - The present and the future.
Alexia and Emily🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 730 13
ALEXIA PUTELLAS LINES WE CROSS | The name Veronica Castellano was known across the world, striking a feeling of inspiration and awe in the sou...
646K 13.4K 72
The story of two different yet very similar football players who fall in love with each other. Jayden Daly is Chelsea's goalkeeper and sister of Rach...
20.6K 612 21
Leah Williamson x OC I don't claim to know anyone in this personally and therefore their character, personality and sexuality (which I am not assumi...
169K 9K 51
Alana Foden, and her sister Gabby, transfer to Barcelona and somehow before she's even arrived in the city, an enemy has already been made, after a c...