Sidon's Fairy (Prince Sidon x...

By NineTails3

Zelda was ordered by her father to head to Zoras Domain too deliver a message to King Dorephan, with her was... More

The Visit
Traveling
Zora's Domain
Sleeping Fiasco
A Fairy's Bleeding Heart Pt.1
A Fairy's Bleeding Heart Pt.2
Revert
Going Back
Gifts
Nightmare
Waterfall
Midnight
New Friends
Not a Chapter Author's note
Bad Feeling Pt. 1
Bad Feeling Pt.2
Recovery
Taken pt.1
Taken pt.2
Lost & Defeated
Authors Note
Hylian?
The Forest
A/N Decision
Her Awakening
I'M SOOO SORRY YOU GUYS!!😭
A Fairy's Arrival
A Fairy's Anger
Old Hideout
A/N I'm Back

Her Fear and Pain

2.4K 80 30
By NineTails3

Sidon's POV:

What the hell just happened? After the mere second defeat of the Dark Mage Astor by Master Link and the mysterious red figure, I found myself looking at Link who was falling from the sky, and then to my people who were moving out of the way because of someone screaming. But when they parted ways for the person my father and I moved as well and I am still wondering if it was just a trick of the light or something, because what or rather who I saw was rather nerve-wracking, to say the least. Seeing her fly up to Link to catch him, I turned and saw the look in my father's eyes he seemed just as surprised as I but looked sad at the same time. After my people caught Link, I saw her try to grab a hold of something but failed, due to the rain making everything slippery, causing her to plummet into the cold waters below. Something in me snapped, and I ran towards where she fell and dived into the waters after hearing my father call out to me, but I couldn't stop myself.

Now, in my arms, is the one person I thought had perished along with my sister on that fateful day and left a hole in my heart...so long ago. I went up the waterfall to get to the top easier with her still in my arms. Upon arriving, some people were fawning over me, a little worried, wondering why I went after the girl in a rush, but then my father came up to me and saw her in my arms. None of this made any sense to me luckily, my father called out to the healers to come to assist both her and Master Link. I called my father, gaining his attention.

"Father! How? How is she still alive? We were told she passed, along with my sister?" I told my father as the healers came closer. I became hesitant, giving her to them and holding her more protectively. Before I could retaliate in the matter, my father placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Sidon, give her to them, they need to help her heal. She looks exhausted and badly injured. As to answer your question, I have no idea as to how she is still with us, but for now, let her rest when she awakens we'll have her explain things to us. For now, let the healers do their thing and help both her and Link recover."

I knew he had a point but seeing her bruised and bloodied made me extremely worried. In the end, I gave her up to the healers to look after and joined my father into the throne room to discuss the current mess of a matter. I looked back behind me, seeing the healers carry her to the medical bay, but a part of me couldn't help but wonder...

"What happened to you.....Y/n.?"

No one's POV:

It has been several days, and the little fairy has yet to awaken from her coma. The healers were able to help her injuries and wrap her up in bandages, and luckily, nothing fractured in her spine, which was a huge relief to them. After that, it was just a matter of waiting. Link woke up about a day after the incident and went to report to the King and Prince trying to explain to them that she was the thing Zelda mentioned to look for. Of course, Muzu was not amused and was a little angrier with the fairy sleeping in the medical bay than with Link. King Dorephan did manage to silence the old stingray and allowed the hero to continue. During all of this Sidon and Link, both kept visiting her in the medical bay to see if she woke up but with no luck, eventually, the healers decided to move her to a more comfortable place, and Sidon quickly but carefully picked her up and took her to her original bedroom she had in the palace.

Placing her in her bed comfortably and tucking her in the blankets made the young fish prince become lost in his emotions and memories of the young fairy in the bed. Though, like most days, he ended up leaving her silent company to do his royal duties, making sure to have Link look out for her in case she woke up. Link, of course, didn't mind this one bit and after Link finished his training with Captain Bazz he usually went to check on the little fairy and even placed some clothing for her on the side of her bed in case she did wake up.

Though, after almost two weeks, one rainy afternoon, she stirred awake, opening her eyes once more.

Your POV:

I felt my eyes opening, but soon I felt immense pain all over my body. I tried moving my body up in a sitting position, but everything hurt so bad, but I did manage to sit up straight, though everything in my body told me to lay back down. After gathering my thoughts, I looked around my surroundings and noticed two things.

One, I was in my room in the Zora Palace, surprised they still had it and the second was the clothes on the foot of my bed. As I kept looking around, I suddenly remembered what happened with Astor and Link. I started to freak out, but then my sore body told me that I was still alive, and soon I calmed down just a bit.

"If I was dead, this wouldn't hurt as much. Agh! Fuck, but that sure doesn't stop it from hurting."

I got up, and when I went to stand up, my legs couldn't carry me at all, and I fell to the ground. I started laughing quietly to myself.

"Great, just perfect. I guess it's back to square one. Where the hell is Link?"

After what felt like an eternity, I was able to put strength back into my legs and walk to the side of my bed using the edges to hold me up an walk towards my clothes. Looking at my clothes, I thanked whoever chose these for me. They were a simple white top with a red ribbon through the neckline, two slits in the back for my wings, and a loose blue skirt with little details at the rim of the bottom of the skirt. At least if I wore this, it wouldn't bother my injuries too much.

I noticed they put me in a white nightgown, so taking it off was easy. However, trying to put on the other outfit proved to be a challenge. After 30 minutes, I had everything on only having to tighten my bandages back after putting the shirt on. I decided to leave my hair down since I was too sore to even try to tie it back.

Being extremely painfully sore sucked like hell. Just trying to get to the door itself was an adventure. I opened the door and looked down the hall, noticing there were no guards stationed at least none that showed up yet. I stumbled out the door and into the hallway using the walls to hold me.

"Goddesses not much has changed has it, even after 100 years, maybe the outside looks different. Good thing. I still have my memories of this place, if not, I probably would have gotten lost already."

Still feeling very sore, I walked out of the palace and into the main area. Since I was fighting Astor, I didn't have time to look at the Domain, but now I am amazed everything looks different well as different as I could remember. I saw the stairs that led to the throne room, and suddenly, I felt my knees buckle with worry.

"What will they think of me? Where the hell is Link? I can't do this alone? And I don't want to speak with the other zoras." After looking at everything, I decided to go forth from where I stood and took a deep breath, and started walking towards the throne room. Unbeknownst to myself that a certain fish prince and Hylian came to visit me only to find an empty bed and had worried expressions.

Sidon's POV:

I had finished a meeting with my father and some council members about the current situation with Vah Ruta. After that was dealt with, I began walking back to Y/n's room to see if any luck, and on the way there I spotted Link.

"LINK! Good afternoon, my dear friend. I am guessing you are heading to the same place I am?" Seeing him nod, we began to make our way to her bedroom. I saw my friend Bazz and said my greetings as they moved to the side to let us enter. Except when we entered we saw her bed was empty and her clothes were on the floor. My eyes immediately shot to Link, who had the same shocked and worried expression as I.

I saw Link move toward her bed as I went to get a Bazz. Calling him to come inside.

"BAZZ! Where in Hylias name has she gone off, too? I told you if she woke up too come get me, but now she isn't in her room? Care to explain why she's not there?" I felt my heart drop. I didn't mean to raise my voice, but I was filled with worry.

"I didn't know your highness; we went on break for a few minutes, and we checked if anything was different before we left, but she didn't show any signs of waking up. We thought she was still asleep and didn't thjnk to check at all. Forgive me, your highness."

As I heard Bazz speak. I calmed down and looked at Bazz. He only used my royal title in public or when I am scolding him.

"Apologies, Captain, I didn't mean to raise my voice. Just please check-in before you're back on post. Get a few guards to search the area she is still injured, so my best guess is she couldn't have gotten far. Link and I will notify the king." He nodded and went to look for the little fairy that snuck out.

I turned to Link, who was waiting for me to finish, and we took off to tell my father of the news. Many thoughts plagued my mind of what might have happened to her and where she could be, and right before I can speak loudly to gain my father's attention I stopped dead in my tracks looking ahead of me. Right there was the fairy in question, frozen in shock herself as she turned around.

No one's POV:

No one said anything or dared to even move an inch. It was until King Dorephan cleared his voice that everyone came back to their senses. Link was the first to react and quickly ran to Y/n for a tight hug. As Link hugged Y/n she equally gave back a tight hug relieved that she was able to save him from any fatal harm.

"Oh dear Hylia, you're ok. Thank goodness. How are you feeling?" Y/n even extremely sore she checked him for any injuries.

"I should be asking you that! You look like shit, how are you feeling anything hurting?"Link like Y/n checked for injuries but nothing seemed out of place other than the bandages.

"I'm fine just painfully sore but it should pass in time. I was barely able to get out of bed when I woke up. Let alone my legs feel like jelly so I am also barely holding myself up together without falling on my knees."

"You should have waited until I got back, I would have helped you. And if you can't walk properly what are you doing up? Well it doesn't matter anyway. I suppose you are going to need help walking around again huh."

"Hey! I managed to get here on my own, didn't I? Though truth be told I kept falling on my knees so I am pretty sure I have a few bruises on my knees."

Giving each other one last hug they turned to the King and prince who while Link and Y/n spoke walked to his side next to his fathers side. Though both royal zoras could still hardly believe that someone from their past other than Link and Princess Zelda was still alive. Muzu was not amused in the slightest and gave the fairy the most condescending look he could muster. King Dorephan gained both Links and Y/n's attention and for a moment Y/n forgot that she was in front of people who could potentially blame her for the death of their beloved Princess Mipha. Her heart began to beat furiously out of worry and fear but trying to look up at the big blue Zora was difficult because she didn't want to see the hate she believed he had towards her in his eyes. She wouldn't be able to handle that amount of hate, especially from someone she saw as her father figure.

"Well, I am glad you seem to be doing just fine despite your injuries. Though I have to ask because of the situation we had with Link when he first arrived.......Y/n?
Do you remember who I am?"

Still afraid to look up she spoke up.

"Your. King Dorephan."

Muzu scoffed and looked to his King. "My liege you can't be serious on asking her that, she is probably just saying that after hearing someone repeat it!"

Y/n refused to give Muzu the pleasure of embarrassing her so she spoke back up but still not meeting anyones eyes.

"Your King Dorephan, Ruler of the zoras and father of Princess Mipha and Prince Sidon. You were the person that I considered as a father figure after I was found by the champions before they became champions and brought here by Princess Mipha after I lost my own father when I was younger. You taught me how to defend myself along with Princess Mipha and you helped pick me up when I was lost in my own deep depression after losing my father."

"How is it that you remember who I am but when Link first woke up he had no recollection of his past."

Still not looking up, Muzu spoke up.

"Raise your head when speaking with his majesty!" Flinching from the sudden volume she looked up to the king.

"Muzu do not rush the girl it has been a hard time for her as it is."

Releasing her breath she hadn't noticed she was holding back she spoke up despite feeling scared.

"Unlike Master Link who was placed in the Shrine of Resurrection until he woke up, I was put into a similar but different situation. The Shrine of Resurrection puts the host to sleep to heal any fatal injuries the host may have, but at the cost of losing the hosts memories if left for too long. As for myself, I was placed in Lake Saria in the Lost Woods. The water in both locations is different from one another. While the Shrine used to where Link slept is powered by Sheikah technology, mine was powered with magic."

"What does it matter if one was powered differently than the other that still makes no sense as to why you still posses your memories but not Link." The old stingray retorted angrily.

"It Matters. Because the magic holding me was my mothers and if the caster so chooses, they can allow one self to keep those memories. The Shrine of Resurrection has no magic and so it will involuntarily takes away someone's memories. Sorry Link." Looking back at the blonde Hylian.

"Hmm, I did not know that was possible." King Dorephan stated.

"Well it's not a very common piece of information."

Suddenly the air became heavy in anticipation for the young fairy and the soon the King spoke up again, but she still couldn't look up.

"Y/n.......Please...look at me." He spoke up but what he saw he was not prepared.

As she slowly looked up and saw her face he immediately saw the worry and fear behind them but, nothing prepared him of seeing the little fairy holding back her tears by looking at him. Looking at her holding back tears reminded him of the time when she lost her father. Trying to be strong and hold back her depression to help Mipha with her royal duties because his daughter became extremely stressed and almost collapsed in exhaustion. The look she gave him that day made him feel useless as a father even if she wasn't his, he never wanted to see her smile fade...and be replaced with fear, worry, sadness, everything.

Coming back to his senses he spoke.

"Y/n. Please, what happened that day. We were lead to believe that you and Mipha had fallen in battle. Pray tell how you managed to survive."

She took adeep breath "After bringing Prince Sidon back to you, I went to join Mipha inside Vah Ruta. I remember...it raining so hard that day I couldn't use my wings because they got soaked, more so when I jumped into the East Reservoir Lake. Once I was inside Mipha was already fighting this 'thing,' it was covered in malice and it looked like it had sheika technology infused with it. Mipha looked tired and injured so I rushed to her to help her but this thing was stronger than we anticipated. We believed that it was finally defeated and ready for Mipha to pilot Ruta to help with the battle but....."

The little fairys anxiety began to spike just alittle, remembering that thing and what happened next.

"But?"

Taking a deep breath she looked up to Dorephan but quickly looked back down.

"But the blight wasn't defeated...on the contrary it was readying for a stronger and faster attack, feeling this...I guess we both had the same idea and rushed to protect the other. I was ready to push her out of Ruta to take the blow.....but she was faster and managed to push me out of Ruta.."

"What?!"

"She managed to push me out and into the waters. As soon as the shock of everything left my body I swam back to help but once I got on to the platform a vine wrapped around my foot and dragged me back into the water."

"A vine?" The stingray yelled ou while Sidon and Dorephan stayed silent by shocked.

"Yes, I managed to cut it before I could run out of air but as soon as I reached the surface I was dragged back down into the water. I thought it was another vine but it turned out to be the Korok children from the forest they kept me from reaching the surface."

"Why would the Koroks do such a thing and wouldn't the miasma in the water make them weaker."

"The Koroks were ordered to bring me back by The Great Deku Tree as for the reason as to why I still don't know, and as for the miasma dark magic cannot affect the Koroks  in any way only a special type of magic can corrupt them. Something even I nor the great fairies posses. I was already losing consciousness from trying pry out of their graps and losing air but I couldn't since I didn't want I harm them in any way. Eventually Hestu the largest Korok took me back instead and once I lost my energy, Zelda placed the Master Sword into it's pedestal causing the spell my mother casted on it and myself to activate making me fall into deep slumber."

"Your highness please, while I would understand to an extent why Master Link was put to rest because of his injuries. Y/n here has no excuse as too why she was put to rest as well. To me it seems as that she is just spewing a load of nonesense."
Muzu said trying to oppose the fairys word.

"What?! Why would I be lying about this! Mind you Muzu its not like I wanted to be forcefully put too sleep!" Y/n yelled out beginning to get angry and her anxiety getting worse.

"I may not know why you were put to sleep but should you have been stronger to protect Princess Mipha, we wouldn't be in this situation!"

"Muzu! Enough...! King Dorephan was quick to defend the little fairy but before he could say anything further Y/n screamed in anger and sadness.

⚠️WARNING MENTIONS OF SELF HARM & ANXIETY & SUICIDE⚠️

"Do you think I wanted this...." She said as she looked down with tears spilling out and her anger and sorrow coming into the light. She looked up at the stingray with anger in her eyes but not for the stingray but for herself.

"DO YOU HONESTLY BELEIVE I EVER WANTED THIS! YOU DONT HAVE TO REMIND ME HOW WEAK I AM. I KNOW  HOW MUCH I FAILED HER...FAILED EVERYONE! IF I COULD TAKE HER PLACE I WOULD DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT! AFTER FINDING OUT SHE AND THE OTHER CHAMPIONS DIED I WANTED TO KILL MYSELF...ASK LINK HE HAD TO STOP ME COUNTLESS TIMES FROM KILLING MYSELF. I COULD HAVE SAVED HER BUT COULDN'T BECAUSE I WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH! .......A DAY......I ONLY HAD A DAY TO MOURN FOR MY FRIENDS, FOR THOSE I LOST! FOR FUCKING HYLIAS SAKE THIS ONE WAS A LITTLE GUPPY THE LAST I EVER SAW HIM!" The little fairy said pointing at Sidon with massive tears in her eyes, shocking the young prince and the king himself.

Y/n anxiety spiked and she couldn't stop from scratching her arms where her injuries were still healing. She began digging nails into her skin ripping the bandages, Link had to act quickly holding her arms tightly even if it hurt her a bit in order to stop her from doing any more damage.

"I WOKE UP IN A PANIC THINKING THAT THE WAR WAS STILL GOING ON, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT EVERYTHING CHANGED. NOT ONLY THAT BUT ALSO WAKING UP TO MY WINGS BEING ALMOST COMPLETELY TORN AND THAT WASN'T EVEN THE WORST PART. I CANT EVEN LOOK KING DOREPHAN IN THE EYE BECAUSE I AM AFRAID OF LOOSING HIM AND SIDON TOO! I DONT WANT TO BE HERE I WISH I WAS THE ONE THAT DIED SO MAYBE SHE COULD STILL BE HERE WITH ALL OF YOU!" Y/n yelled and started to clench her hands so tight she started drawing blood from them and tears flowing more and more from her eyes. King Dorephan tried to calm her down but it was no use her anxiety was taking over her body as she fell onto her knees while being held by Link.

"Y/n. Please you must calm down." The giant Zora tried to calm her but nothing worked, worried for her sanity he tried to think of something that could calm her down. Until a thought came to mind something that the Great Fairy Mija told him to do when she was beyond just upset, something her father did to calm her when she was scared or lost. It was worth a shot. He opened his mouth...

🎶🎶 -You will be okay- Helluva Boss- (Season 1,Episode 2)   {I love this song check out the series if you haven't it's amazing! Btw I am aware Dorephans voice is very deep but the lullaby in my opinion was perfect for this.}

"It always seems more quiet in the dark. It always feels feel so stark. How silence grows under the moon, constellations gone so soon."

Upon hearing the first few versus of the song the anxiety filled fairy stopped completely listening to Dorephan sing the lullaby her father used to sing to her to calm her down when she was scared.

"I used to think that I was bold, I used to think love would be fun. Now all my stories have been told except for one~"

Sidon was surprised to see the little fairy stop and listen, while he was used to his fathers lullabys from when he was young he never heard this one.

"As the stars start to align I hope you take it as a sign that you'll be ok, everything will be ok."

Y/n blinked with tears falling from her big e/c eyes, she felt her body relax as Link released his tight hold on the fairy.

"And if the world starts to collapse although the day could be my last, you will be okay. When I'm gone you you'll be ok." (changed the lyrics here abit)

The big zora opened his eyes to see that her anxiety was now controlled.

"And when creation goes to die you can find me in the sky upon the last day and you will be ok.🎶🎶

It's been so long since she has heard that song he father used to sing even her mother didn't sing it that often after he passed away. She stood up with the help of Link and looked at Dorephan and Sidon and looked away with a pained and shamed filled expression.

"I... I'm s-sorry."    Y/n whispered almost holding her arms up to her chest with fresh tears running down her face as she turned away from them and with a small boost of adrenaline she tried running out of the throne room, but she didn't make it to far with her legs failing her despite how she felt. Link had to run her and catch her and tried lifting her but she pushed him off not hard but enough to release her. She felt ridiculous and pathetic that she couldn't even use her legs, but none the less she pulled herself up and began to run away from the throne room. Running to one place she went when she needed to be completely alone.

Sidon's POV:
Apart of me was furious with Muzu so much  so I glared fiercely at him.

"Muzu, that was completely uncalled for, while I understand your anger, she did not deserve that."

"I must agree with Sidon. Muzu I understand why you must be angry with her but what you said was inappropriate, especially since you and I both know how she gets when her anxiety spikes."

I was somewhat interested to hear what she was like before, since I only ever saw when she came over and I was too young to understand.

"What ever happened that day was traumatic enough for all of us. I can't imagine what is going through her mind after finding out everything has changed in an instant for her."

I saw Link get up was ready to chase after her, aswell as I, but was stopped by father.

"Link it would be best to leave her to her thoughts. She needs to clear her mind, and calm herself down. Give her time she needs it right now. Please accept our apologies after this."

"If your sure your highness alright but I am worried since she had been unintentionally hurting herself due to guilt.

"Father if you wouldn't mind me asking but how did you know how to calm her down. I never heard of that lullaby. How were you so sure it would work, it worked practically in an instant."

"That lullaby was something her late father used to sing to her to when she was just a child. Mija, Y/n's mother told me that if she ever got too scared or lost to sing that lullaby. I didn't think it would work but surely enough it did. As for you Link do not worry to much I think she has enough sense not to hurt herself."

I saw Link nod in return but still excused himself to go find her. I was beginning to get worried myself but I didn't want to spook her by going after her she needed her space. Of course my father saw this as he was scolding Muzu.

"Sidon."

"Huh, yes father, is something wrong?"

"Heh heh come with me I don't think Link knows where to start looking and I have a feeling I know where she is at. That is if you wish to come with me ofcourse."

Surprised at his request I agreed instantly and waited for my father to get off his throne and lead me to where she would be. I just hope she isn't too guilt ridden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 4.4K 76
Before the rise of Calamity Ganon, Princess Zelda of Hyrule was appointed to travel across the lands. She was to learn about the technologies of the...
3.7K 150 46
The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great danger! Not only that, humans and other bein...
4.5K 105 64
{This is the 4th book to my 1st book 'Grace and Love'. Obvious spoilers for book 3} What happened in the time while Link and Zelda were gone? What ha...
9.5K 294 26
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...