Crossing the gangster

By lovewrites1601

. "What the hell is he saying?" I asked smith, who was still persistent on not meeting my eyes. "He is tellin... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

chapter 14

1.3K 51 3
By lovewrites1601

I lay on my bed with a slight grin, having completed yet another Netflix episode. I was bored out of my mind since it was sunday and I had no school to go to. Who knew it took up so much time?

I headed down to the kitchen, still pondering about what I should do to keep myself busy. Go shopping? Too far. Go boxing? Too lazy. Bake? Not interested. As I was thinking, I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down on the counter, fingers drumming against the marble countertop.

"Someone is up early, Noah greeted sarcastically and I stuck my tongue out, knowing that I had slept A LOT today. It felt good to finally catch up though and after being trapped alone in my room till 6 pm, I had finally decided to show my face.

"I'm boredddd," I whined slightly and watched as Noah rolled his eyes at my childishness. People used to call me slightly over-dramatic but I didn't see why. You go see the state of my school and then come talk to me if you managed to make a week without puking, passing out or ditching.

"Well, I have to go, Chao," Noah spoke up and gave me a two-fingered salute before walking off. I let out an agonizing groan, great I was all alone again.

"I'm going for a walk," I finally decided, proud that my indecisive being finally made a decision. My mind had been pounding from a never-ending headache due to the multiple stresses I was facing but I knew some fresh air would be the cure to my problem.

I hadn't had the chance to explore the grounds of the house and was surprised by how beautiful the garden looked. I surveyed my surrounding with interest, the pounding finally ceasing to end as I inhaled the crisp, garden fresh air.

There were many exotic plants to be found; Lillies, Orchids, roses and I even spied a pond as I rounded the corner which immediately caught my attention. I sat down on the bench nearby it, watching as fish darted as if they were all playing a game with one another.

Birds danced in the trees and a flurry of movements had my head turning, a smile gracing my lips at the sight of a squirrel darting up a tree. It must take a lot of maintenance to sustain the massive garden but I'm glad they got someone to take care of it. It added freshness to the suffocating aura.

All of a sudden, I heard a sound that didn't belong in this calm, serene place. A sound that almost... I furrowed my eyebrows as I forced my ears to concentrate. A moan? I turned behind me and squinted my eyes against the blaring sun to make out two figures pressed up against the wall of the house.

What the hell? I didn't want to interrupt them so I stood up and decided to head back home but realised my problem as I neared. I had to pass them...

I did so quickly, keeping my gaze ahead as I brisk-walked to the front of the house, not wanting to pop their bubble of happiness, no matter how much PDA they were showing."I know you saw me, Hazel," A familiar voice called out as I reached two steps away from them and I halted in my tracks nervously. I turned around to see an amused Blake and a man? Wait was Blake...

"Yes I'm gay and no, you're not seeing weird things, Blake told me casually just as I started to doubt what my mind was portraying. "I'll see you tomorrow Micheal," Blake told the man who looked just as flustered as him. His partner nodded and walked off in the other direction, not before sending Blake a heartwarming smile and me a nod of acknowledgement.

Turning his firm gaze upon me, the smile vanished from his face and his lips were pulled down into a frown. "Hazel will you be my girlfriend?"

I blinked once

Twice

Thrice

But he was still standing there with his questioning gaze on mine and wasn't doing anything to say this was a joke. "Blake I may be many things but I'm not blind," I waved my hands around as if that would remind him of what I stumbled upon.

"I know, I know," He admitted, his frown deeply etched on his face. He ran his hand through his hair and it was then I noticed that he looked exhausted, the weight of his secret pulling him down. I guess I was not the only one with buried secrets of my own...

"I know this is a huge favour but please, not my real girlfriend of course but a fake one. Chris and Noah are getting a bit too suspicious of where I disappear to and my lack of interest in girls but this will keep them off my tail. Please, He begged and I recalled the sincerity and genuine on his face as he smiled at his secret lover.

"I'll keep your secret with you Blake," I started off and I saw a real smile pulling the corner of his lips as he wrapped me in a hug. I let out a small chuckle at his excited behaviour and he pulled back slightly.

"But you're going to have to tell them soon, they're like your brothers," I informed him and he let out a deep sigh but nodded all the same.
"I am aware but I also know what reactions they're going to have. I just need to buy time until I can think of a solid plan without them burning the house down," He told me and I felt my heart break slightly at the painful admission.

It was the twenty-first century but yet there were troubles accepting people of the same gender who liked each other. It was appalling to say in the least and extremely heartbreaking.

"Well, you just made a dream of mine come true. I've finally got a gay best friend," I joked in an attempt to lighten the mood and he shot me an appreciative glance. "Well let's go break the news," He reminded me and I nodded, letting him take my hand in his.

I had no idea what I got myself into but I knew at that moment if I had said no, Blake's happiness would have been at stake...

Three pairs of wide eyes stared back at the pair of us after we gave our fake confession. Did they not buy it? What was going through their mind? What if they knew we were faking it? Then They would want to know why...

god help me this is making me so scared, I started to think in my mind

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I was bombarded with a tight hug. I felt the air choking out of me as I wrapped my arms around Izzy's waist and I swear my eardrums were about to burst with her excited squealing.

"Iz, I can't b..breathe," I let out and felt her pull back rapidly. She started muttering apologies but a smile still rested on her face. I honestly don't know how they bought it.

I mean I've only been here for a week and they actually thought I would get with someone that fast? Who did they think I was, a hoe? Although I was slightly relieved they bought it, I was also slightly hurt but I pushed the unwanted feeling away.

Noah flashed me a smile after he bro-hugged Blake as a form of congratulations. I scanned the room quickly, my eyes looking for the other person but he seemed to have left. He probably had better things to do, though I was shocked he left without congratulating Blake. They were like brothers, weren't they?

I shook my head at my thoughts, chastising myself at my habit to overthink. I quickly pecked Blake's cheek before excusing myself to bed, my lack of sleep slowly catching on to me.
.
.
.
Nearly a week had passed since our confession and today was the day Blake was taking me out on a 'date'. Despite not going to school, studying had kept me busy while gang matters kept the boys busy so we had an easier time pulling off this fake relationship than I thought we would. It was Sunday, a day before my suspension was lifted and honestly, I wished it was for longer.

I was slightly lucky that Blake was such a great and understanding friend because it would have been torture spending time with anyone else as much as I did with him now. He still made it fun, like planning this rollerblading date so we could get away.

Through the week, chris had successfully avoided me and ignored me. Which was of course for the better, I told myself, as I made no move to look for him for his reasoning.

He didn't need to have one and I didn't need to have a conversation with him every day. We were just two strangers living in the same house, acquaintances at the best, and it was good that way.

He didn't piss me off and I didn't annoy him the whole week which I should have been relieved but it stung when he talked to everyone except me, pretending I was just invisible. But whatever, I had better things to think about. Like getting ready for my 'date'.

I was dressed in a casual white long-sleeve button-down top and blue jeans, deciding to leave my hair down since I was finally having a good hair day. About time for one....

I quickly did a light make-up routine, not wanting to overpower my casual outfit with a full face of heavy make-up. Taking one of my black purses of my bag stand, I quickly put in a pair of socks before the fact slipped my mind and seeing how forgetful I was, it was a good thing that I even remembered.

Last but not least, I finished the look with a pair of silver studs and simple ballet flats that were both comfortable and stylish. Just as I was placing my phone and wallet in my purse, I heard Izzy holler for me.

"Coming," I yelled back before making my way to the front door where Izzy and Blake stood together. It looked as if Izzy was giving Blake a lecture on how to treat a girl on their first date and if my suspicion was right, I wouldn't be the least surprised.

Blake had this faux look of nervousness but when he caught my eye, he just winked and let a mischevious smile tug the corner of his lips. I shook my head at him, a beam gracing my own lips as I finally reached them.

"Iz, I love you but I think he can take it from here," I warned her and she gave me a sheepish smile before hugging me and bidding us goodbye. Blake took my hand in his as he dragged me
out of the door and into one of the cars that the three boys owned.

The minute we cleared the iron gates, the two of us burst into laughter. "I still can't believe we're pulling this off, yay us!" I cheered and Blake high-fived me, grinning away like a Cheshire cat.

"Butttt," I trailed off, my initial buzz dying down as the reality of the situation hit me. Blake nodded solemnly, a silent promise that he was working on spilling the truth.

I was proud of him, I really was, that he decided to be open about his feelings. That and the fact that I wasn't kept in the dark but instead, could help him along the way as much as I can.

But it still pained slightly that he would rather tell me, a girl who he has known for roughly three weeks than his 'brothers', people who he has grown up with and seen his share of gruesomeness with.

Granted, he didn't have much of a choice to tell me since I stumbled upon them but I recall not noticing it as him until he called me out.

Looking back at it, I am aware of the fact that before he halted me, he knew that I hadn't seen before he halted me, he knew that I hadn't seen him. If there was a single thing these three best friends had in common it was probably the fact that nothing misses their inquisitive eyes and technically, that made the fact that we got away with this fake act even more thrilling but equally terrifying and nerve-wracking.

We pulled up at the roller-blading park and got out, entering the open area that was filled with the melodious noises of people's laughter and joy. It was such a carefree location, smiles greeting you everywhere you looked.

I took Blake's hand, a childish grin on my face as I dragged him to the booth where we promptly bought two tickets and rented two pairs of rollerblades. It was the twenty-third of march, the date marking a week since I found out about the secret and in London, the weather in march was quite unpredictable.

I mean it was a must to carry a jacket or to wear a long sleeve at least as there was always the slight fear of unexpected rain and thunderstorms that could rain down on us at any time.

Though looking up at the sky, it held Beautiful Though looking up at the sky, it held beautiful clarity and the midday sun streamed down upon us,a slight breeze lifted the edges of my hair.

I knew better to take reassurance in this fact alone though, seeing how London weather could easily be diagnosed with bi-polarity. We immediately laced up our shoes and made our way to a slightly secluded part of the park where there were not many people one could have accidents with.

We skated for half an hour, our time filled with jokes and chuckles. Though our time was brought to a standstill when the familiar, loud rumbling of thunder. See what I mean?

We hurriedly made our way back to the booth, following suit of the other people making use of the park as we returned our rollerblades hastily. Each time I glanced at the sky, it only got darker, a blanket of monotonous grey covering the sky.

I let out a sigh of relief when we got into the car the minute the first drops of rain began to fall, the droplets pitter-pattering against the windows. At that moment, I felt all my stress disappear, washed along with the rain, and for a while, I finally felt truly light and carefree.

TBC

I was like hold up, what the hell had I just written??

Anyway yeah, Blake is gay and honestly, I am quite sad myself that he is scared to open up. Hazel is being a sweetheart and helping him while chris is back to his cold self.

What do you think , why chris left without congratulating Blake and Hazel ?

Do you think chris suspects something fishy?

When do you think Blake is going to come out in the open?

Is it going to be pretty when he does?
Author's note:-
So ! 7th march ! Is here ,
To be honest , when I started writing my first story I never imagined that within a year I would be starting my 10th story (CTG) , I never imagined I would get 200 + followers , 48k + views on my stories and many more and trust me I will be always grateful for this so once again thank u and will always cherish this love 💞

ALSO , the march is here probably the worst month coz we all have exams on head ! Luckily my exams are over and I am free but I know many of u are still preparing for your exams which are probably not going cancel this time and thus many have taken leave from social media or are not currently reading any story so that they can focus on their studies and so I have decided to low my target I usually post next part after 60 +views but now I will update after I get 45 views ...

So to all those who are preparing for exams best of luck to u guys my story isn't going anywhere it will be in my account only so u guys better prepare for your exams first !!!

hope u guys enjoyed the part those who are reading are requested to vote and comment though I have reduced the target but I still expect a little response from u guys
Please !
A humble request! 🙏🏻
And once again thank you so much for everything!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 8.1K 40
"Get off of me!" I said to the tall man stood next to me. " Sir what should we do with her?" Suddenly a tall figure towered over me I wouldn't admit...
331 15 15
𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 ー 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥. "You took a bullet for me." "Of course I did." He answers wholeheartedly. "Did you mean it? What you said?" "Ever...
154K 3.8K 33
"ahhh" she screamed in pain but her cries and screams got muffled as his hand slammed on her mouth. "shhh, another noise from your little mouth and t...
34.7K 609 33
"I could kill you," he grins holding the gun to my temple. "I wouldn't be scared," I reminded him. He trails the gun under my chin lifting it, allowi...