Pandora's Ghost [Book 2]

By BelindaRose123

There weren't demons but something else entirely. --- Penelope is trying everything she can to hide her locat... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Chapter 1 : Braid
Chapter 2 : Handcuffed
Chapter 3 : Couple
Chapter 4 : Mark
Chapter 5 : Powerless
Chapter 6 : Control
Chapter 7 : Fear
Chapter 8 : Predator
Chapter 9 : Oath
Chapter 10 : Trust
Chapter 11 : Chimera
Chapter 12 : Opportunity
Chapter 13 : Chase
Chapter 14 : Riders
Chapter 15 : Punishments
Chapter 16 : Stabbed
Chapter 17 : Time
Chapter 18 : Game
Chapter 19 : Feed
Chapter 20 : Essence
Chapter 22 : Hospitality
Chapter 23 : Vines
Chapter 24 : Intimidation
Chapter 25 : Drug
Chapter 26 : Picture
Chapter 27 : Confidence
Chapter 28 : Drakon
Chapter 29 : Thorns
Chapter 30 : Distraction
Chapter 31 : Lust
Chapter 32 : Bathtub
Chapter 33 : Naked
Chapter 34 : Zion
Chapter 35 : Scent
Chapter 36 : Tongue
Chapter 37 : Questions
Chapter 38 : Basilisk
Chapter 39 : Throne
Chapter 40 : Vampire
Chapter 41 : Backfire
Chapter 42 : Greenhouse
Chapter 43 : Deadly
Chapter 44 : Sacrifice
Chapter 45 : Rival
Chapter 46 : Pleased
Chapter 47 : Sinful
Chapter 48 : Promise
Chapter 49 : Vessel
Chapter 50 : Challenge
Chapter 51 : Protection
Chapter 52 : Loophole
Chapter 53 : Sealed
Chapter 54 : Pleasure
Chapter 55 : Relief
Chapter 56 : Death
Chapter 57 : Protect
Chapter 58 : Spy
Chapter 59 : Ghost
Chapter 60 : Time
Chapter 61 : Plan
Chapter 62 : Trade
Chapter 63 : Brat
Chapter 64 : Smug
Chapter 65 : Chips
Chapter 66 : Vulnerable

Chapter 21 : Hatred

807 63 96
By BelindaRose123

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

There are many types of love.

Eros is a primal love,

And it comes as a natural instinct for most people.

Its addictive and passionate nature is displayed through physical affection.

The concept of Eros is known to cause great joy and great sorrow.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I furrowed my eyebrows and folded my arms, taking in his air of confidence. "It's Penny."

Eros made a careless shrug. "Whatever."

He fluidly rose to his feet, dipping his hands in his pockets. The black button-down shirt was a perfect fit around his broad chest. It followed a pair of tailored trousers that hugged his meager waist. The only odd thing was his bunny shoes.

With a smile that seemed sardonic, he stretched out a hand in greeting. It was covered in black combat gloves -- just like Liam's. With a skeptical look, I closed the distance and hesitantly took it. In a flash, he pulled me in for a vicious hug. I slammed into his torso with an oomph. His arms secured themselves around my shoulders.

"That's surprising," I muffled into his nylon black shirt, smelling his perfume.

When he didn't answer, I glanced up. He was looking straight at Liam and wiggling his eyebrows. Liam rolled his eyes, glancing at the nearest wall. There was a quick snap behind me. I looked over my shoulder to find Eros's phone in my face as he rose it up for another selfie snapshot.

What the hell?

I jumped back and punched his arm. "Why did you do that?"

Eros was already typing away on his phone. "FYI, I still have an active social media account with over ten thousand followers. I need to keep them well-fed."

Typical. "Gee, such a nice way to show how much you missed me."

He tilted his head as he observed my smallish frame from head to toe. "I did miss you. Well...I miss feeding on you. Your emotions have such a beautiful flavor. Too bad Liam interrupted us that last time. But I must say, You've certainly changed. There are circles beneath your pretty eyes. Have you been busy developing your combat skills? Or has Pedro's absence affected you that much?"

I made a long face. "Both."

With a bored groan, Liam fell against a sofa and laid his head back. "Penny needed to see you so badly that she powered through two Sins and a pair of Timories just to do that."

Eros' eyes widened in shock. "She met the sins?" When Liam nodded he scrunched his eyebrows. "And yet you're both here. There's no way they'll let her go that easily."

Liam's eyes switched so fast to its cat-like features. "For some reason, they did. And Braid-guy planned to steal the bond right from under me."

Anger sparked in Eros' eyes for a second. "They are already changing plans."

Liam answered with a nod. I moved to seat beside him, but he grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap in one swift movement. I fell against his chest with a squeak, already feeling my body heat up and my mark throb.

Liam pressed me to his chest, urging me to feel comfortable. My cheeks grew warm and l instinctively pressed my thighs together. The thought of him being so close, and me being practically naked in his hoodie, elicited a weird itch.

Liam continued in such a fluid motion, wrapping an arm around my torso. "Apparently, they don't think I'm fit enough to bond with her. They claim my emotions have messed up my decisions, and are scared of allowing the bond to take its full effect. Knowing its power, they want it in the hands of someone 'trustworthy.'"

I frowned, remembering what Liam said during our make-out session.

They'll use Pandora to awaken a deity.

"Isn't there a way to make the bond...I don't know...permanent? So no one can steal it." At my words, Eros and Liam glanced at each other, sharing a wary look. I rose one eyebrow. "So it's possible."

Eros rubbed his forehead as he fell back in his seat. "Yes, it is. But you may not like the necessary requirements for that. It's a bit too intimate and quite sensual. Something only beloved couples have the power to do. And if you want to make Liam your permanent beloved, you should know he isn't typically a green flag."

Liam turned sharply in his direction. "Dude!"

Eros rolled his eyes. "Admit it. You're not an angel. The moment she becomes your beloved, you'll try all the uncivilized things roaming in your messy head. And with you being the god of Lust and sexual desires, the possibilities are endless. If you ask me, you're both children."

Liam stared with a calm but dark gaze. "Oh yeah? And what does that make you?"

The god scoffed."In case you forgot, I'm quite older than you two."

"Not old enough." Liam's hot breath fanned my ears as he grumbled back. "As far as I know, anyone is capable of haunting desires. And Zion isn't a green flag either. The god he carries wants to kill her."

Eros tutted, crossing his legs. "Jealousy doesn't suit you brother. Or should I say...Himeros. You've forsaken your godly name for some reason and I keep wondering why."

My thoughts diverted the moment Liam tapped my knee with a finger. The touch shot straight to my center and I found it harder to keep still.

He buried his nose in my hair and fastened a steady cat-like stare on the god of love. "I prefer my human name. Nothing more, nothing less."

Eros nodded in understanding then focused on me. "So what do you say, Pepper? Have you ever considered having a beloved?"

The question was unexpected -- something I found difficult to answer. I rubbed my feet together in a fidgety manner. "What does it mean to accept someone as your beloved?"

Eros gave a sade smile. "It's more like a marriage proposal. But in the greek world, It's permanent. It's why the gods can't simply switch beloveds. For example, the thought of me giving up on Psyche is despicable. The same goes for the other gods."

His question was harmless. And yet, it carried a lot of weight. I knew very well that the topic of accepting a beloved was a huge deal. Eros had told me about it whenever he talks about Psyche.

It's a territory I can't carelessly jump into. And though Liam and I had kissed on multiple occasions, we haven't really discussed anything concerning a relationship. And how will Zion take it if he finds out?

Eros' sharp eyes were fixed on Liam's finger as he tapped on my knee. He took note of my fidgety appearance and tensed state before displaying a sly grin. I could easily guess what he was thinking.

He knows.

I tried keeping a straight face. "I'll think about it. For now, there are other pressing issues. One that involves your help. It's why Hunter and I came to see you."

My eyes snapped open almost immediately. "Where's Hunter?"

Before Eros could say anything, a small dwarf barged through the door, carrying a clipboard. My expression lit up at the familiar face.

Trent.

"You better have a good reason for interrupting me," Eros growled, leaning forward with elbows to his knees.

Trent made a ninety-degree bow at Liam and Eros. "I'm sorry but..." He straightened and hugged the clipboard to his chest. "We found him."

Eros' wrinkled brows disappeared as he smiled. "Wonderful! And just at the right time. Bring him in."

Trent whistled with his fingers to his lips. And just then, two huge pairs of boots drew nearer to the doorway. A bouncer walked into view with a screaming Hunter restrained to his chest by six arms.

"Put me down, I can walk!" His eyes were golden as he tried shaking off the muscular bodyguard. Unfortunately, he was still limited in both strength and power.

Eros clasped his hands, his expression elated. "Welcome, Young ruler of the underworld. So nice of you to join us. Do you have any questions?"

Hunter glared.

I shifted in Liam's lap. "Am I missing something?"

Hunter gritted his teeth as he focused his anger on me. "If I were you I'd keep my mouth shut--"

Eros rose a hand and the bouncer holding Hunter clasped his lips with one big hand, muffling his other words.

"That wasn't very nice, now was it?" The god of love gave an exasperated sigh. "If not for the respect I have for Zion, I would've considered breaking you."

He turned to me. "Hunter is in this situation because he took my hospitality for granted. And that's something I regard quite seriously."

He looked at the bulky bouncer and jerked his head at the door. Obeying the silent command, the bouncer disappeared down the hall with Hunter still in his arms. Trent followed with a fast skip in his steps.

Eros stood and strode after them. He paused in the doorway and smirked at Liam and me. "I would love to give you two some privacy -- especially with such a spicy predicament going on -- but Penny needs to see something. Come now."

With those words, he disappeared behind the door. I moved to rise but Liam tightened the arm around my waist, stopping me. He whispered against my cheek. "You're not wearing anything underneath, are you?"

I froze at the question -- the words trapped in my throat.

"Is that a 'yes'?" He murmured. With every second of silence that passed, his hand tightened against my knee with claws slowly stretched over my skin. His canines skimmed over my earlobe and I released a heavy breath.

Crap.

I should say something, stop him before it gets out of hand. But that was proving difficult. He shifted in his seat and slipped a knee between mine. Almost gradually -- that I barely noticed -- he parted my thighs.

"Liam," I whispered. I tilted my head towards him, expecting to see a certain sin. Instead, the black slits of his eyes stared back at me, completely shrouded in green.

"I was wondering why Eros was acting funny. Turns out, I was right." He sniffed my neck as his fingers played with the edge of my hoodie, slowly sliding it towards my hip. "A lustful emotion kept seeping out of you. And this time, it wasn't my doing.

"I need to go," I said, trying to fight through the haze that will swallow me whole if I get carried away.

I need to leave before his sin comes out.

He paused for a moment. And with a painful frustrated grunt, he adjusted my clothing and pulled my knees back to their initial position.

I tried getting up but he stopped me once again. "Give me a minute."

I bit my lip, understanding the reason behind those words. After a moment, he loosened his hold. I shot to my feet and headed for the door, stopping at the doorway. I glanced a peek at him. He laid his head wearily against the sofa and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to control his coiled-up state.

Everything seemed amicable until something moved to his side. It took a certain form, morphing into a woman in a black cloak. I furrowed my eyebrows, recognizing the skirt along with the button-down blouse.

She was just like a model cut out from the 1940s. Her posture was stiff and straight as she stood still, watching Liam with an intense gaze.

Liam's chest rose and fell with every breath as he relaxed. But he didn't seem to notice her -- almost like she was invisible. The same had happened with Eros a few weeks ago. And Judging from the sharp angles and tight hair bun, it was easy to guess who she was.

Pandora lifted her head and stared right at me. Her fierce hatred was unmistakable.

This is the third time we've seen her. The first two were in book one. (Chapter 59 and 92)

It might've been a while, but I would like to know your thoughts about her. It would really help as the story progresses.

I wish you all a happy Sunday. Stay safe 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 130 12
|| DISCONTINUED || UNEDITED || POORLY TITLED || Scarlet and Alice - two very different girls, but both with the same problem: possessive issues. Well...
396K 22.9K 47
(SEVEN DEADLY SONS BOOK 1) Lust, Glutton, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. These are the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that humans have constantly been...
121K 5.7K 36
Ever heard of too much of a good thing? Well, take your ears somewhere else. It's not here. At least, not anymore. Seven girls spread over different...
269K 13.2K 39
Caution: This story may contain some consensual BDSM(Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism), sex, and coarse language. Read with caution. ***Book Tw...