Ancient Monsters (Chasing Tit...

By IrrationalTide

The gods are returning to Newartic. A new threat is foretold to take place upon Caliope. As the gods head to... More

Orpheus
The Remnants
The Great and Glorious Ezra I: At the End
The Push and Shove
The Great and Glorious Ezra II: Divine Intervention
Anything for Love
Arn: The Hand of Guidance
Together at Last
The Chapel
Xena II: Losing Gravity
Journey to the Darkest Grave
Xena III: Jolted Awake
Manifesting Magic
Queen Titania: Learning to Forgive
Splitting Souls to Pieces
Queen Titania II: Mourning
Learn to Raise the Dead

Xena I: Ascension

6 1 0
By IrrationalTide

I was born in Seratonium. It was a glorious forest at the time, prospering with farms and teeming with fae. My name was Zaria. I had a beautiful wife who was a priestess at the local church. We loved each other. 

But some men didn't like that. I don't remember much now, but they murdered my wife in front of me before they slit my throat too.

I woke in Mother Gaia's cavern. She made me a deal I couldn't refuse. She offered to let me ascend to be the second risen god. 

I was reborn as Xena, the God of Logic. My domains are strategy, war, and thought. I was deemed the Sword of Justice.

Then she spit me back up on Seratonium.

My clothes were still stained with my wife's blood. Filled with rage, I stabbed that sword into the earth. I commanded my power into the planet.

I watched Seratonium burn.

Little did I know Mother Gaia would send her daughter to quell my anger. Before me, on this burning planet, stood Titania. She was gorgeous.

She ripped my sword out, cuffing me. She held on to me; we crashed into Evenectine.

"What are you doing?" She threw the sword at my feet. "You cannot burn planets at will."

"They murdered my wife," I growled.

Titania blinked at me. "Your wife?"

"Yes, my wife," I pulled at the restraints. "Let me go."

"You are to face trial for traitorous behavior," she glared at me. "As gods, we have jobs to do the right thing, not do as we wish."

"Take me to trial then," I hissed at her. "I dream to argue my case before the judges."

"Well," Titania hesitated. "There's a slight delay to our travels."

"What do you mean?"

"I only had the power to travel one planet. I need to wait until I have enough magic restored in order to do it again."

"Are you kidding me?" I got in her face. "You are dragging this out?"

"I don't have much of a choice," she argued back. "Come, let's go."

"My sword," I gestured.

Titania grabbed my weapon, tying it to her back. She guided me forward without much of a destination.

The longer I spent with Titania, the more I started to admire her. Despite my promises not to run, how could you run from something as beautiful as that? Titania never let me go. We journeyed together, with Titania's arm constantly against my back. I became more infatuated with her lovely face, perfect poise, and concise way of speaking. 

"Did Mother Gaia purposely make you this alluring?" I had asked her one night.

"I suppose that is just the way of the created gods," Titania nodded.

"You are the prettiest fae I've ever met."

"Thank you," she blushed. 

Yet, it was not without anguish. Falling in love with Titania also brought on the fear of leaving behind my dutiful wife. With each day that passed, I felt I was losing her, losing my edge. I felt mad at myself for letting her go. My life was cut short because of who I loved. Her life was ruined, too. How could I forgive that?

Yet Titania was so sweet. She was innocent. She kept me very close to her. She was something new and something genuine.

"May I ask you a favor?" I pleaded with her.

Titania raised a brow at me.

"I'm feeling quite...dirty and unruly. I need a change. Could you let me go just for that?"

She hardened. "I don't believe I trust you enough to do such a thing."

"But you'll be by my side like you always are. Please, Titania. I'm carrying my wife's and my own blood on me for days now. Please."

Titania caved. She brought me to a town. She released the binds she had on me.

The first thing I did was buy new clothes. Luckily for me, a merchant from Seratonium was here, and I could buy clothes I was familiar with.

Titania then took us to a bath house. I saw her naked for the first time. Everything about Titania was absolutely perfect and gorgeous. I washed myself for a very long time. When I put on my new clothes, I was completely renewed.

The binds returned. We walked together further. She seemed less worried about me. I had kept my promise to her.

We ran into trouble during our journey. Two bandits chased us towards a cliff.

"Do you trust me?" Titania whispered to me.

It was then I realized, staring into her bright eyes, that I would give my life for this woman. There was nothing I was more certain of. Titania was my new beginning, and she would be my new end.

"Yes, of course," I held tightly to her.

"Hug my waist and open your wings," she instructed.

Together, we flew off that cliff with coordinated grace. We reached safety and disappeared.

Soon, her magic returned. I was brought to Newartic. We broke through the earth to a cavern. Before me were Mother Gaia, Nolar, and Gaellileo. I felt their power and their strength.

Titania left my side for the first time. She sat next to Mother Gaia.

"Miss Xena," Nolar began. "You are standing trial for the crime of burning an entire planet and killing hundreds of fae."

"I suppose there's no question of your guilt," Gaellileo tapped his fingers. "But why should we not tear you back down to the molecules from which you came?"

"Because I was blinded by rage," I answered. "I hadn't been thinking clearly when I landed back on Seratonium. I wanted revenge for my wife, who was killed right in front of me."

"Is that irredeemable?" Titania asked.

"No," I shook my head. "I will make up for it by laying down my life as it is to do anything that Mother Gaia or her daughter asks of me. I will fight to my bitter end to protect peace in this realm and to squander chaos sown about by the demons that have been set free. I swear that if it came to it, I would die in stead for Titania."

"Hm," Mother Gaia set her chin against her hand. "My daughter has a perilous assignment. She is to kill her brother, but not before she finds a way to reserve herself. You mean to say that you would do anything for her?"

"I would gladly fulfill any request that would leave her lips."

"Why?" Nolar waved his cup, nearly spilling wine everywhere.

"Simple," I shrugged. "I've fallen in love with the sweet and beautiful Titania."

Titania flushed a brilliant red. She turned the color of her hair.

"Xena, the Sword of Justice," Mother Gaia continued. "I assign you to protect and care for my daughter until her duty is fulfilled. I was hoping you would not leave her side until that is complete. Do I have your word?"

"My word and my life," I got down on my knees.

"Xena, the Sword of Justice, we release you to continue living. However," Gaellileo looked at Mother Gaia. "No gods shall ever be raised back into living bodies. They will become spirits in this cavern and devise a way to return to flesh if need be. We cannot have this level of destruction again."

"Seconded," Nolar raised his glass.

"Titania, you may release her," Mother Gaia nodded.

Nolar looked down upon me. "How will we know she will not do anything foolish?"

"Because, dear brother," Mother Gaia glanced his way. "My daughter will take Xena's life herself if she does."

"Why would you do that?" Titania hissed, unleashing my binds.

"Profess my undying love to you during my trial?" I grinned. "Because it's true. I would do anything for you, Titania, even if you don't feel the same way about me.

"Who said I didn't?" She spat out.

I blinked at her. Was this Titania sharing her feelings in return? She pulled me from the trial room into a cavernous hallway. She held my arm as we pressed on further into the place. She brought me to a room filled with gold, jewels, and trinkets.

"What's all this?" I began.

She grabbed me fiercely and kissed me. I felt myself melt in her presence. My hands fell to her delicate body beneath her light clothes. I kissed her. I cared not for the whims of the past. I exposed her. She unleashed me. I laid her on the floor, and I took her right there. Titania absolutely unraveled beneath my fingers. I had her crying out when she hit a big one, her white wings unfurling in all their glory. Green magic sparkled in the air as I paused to let her breathe.

"Oh my," she sat back.

I touched her magic still glittering through the air. It felt all right. Like every concern I'd ever had was qualmed. Titania was another being all to her own.

"So you love me too?" I asked.

She laughed, bright and beautiful. "Of course I love you. You were so steadfast and strong. I learned to trust you. I've never trusted anyone outside of my mother since my creation."

"Ah, you loved me before I banged your brains out."

"Xena," she giggled, hitting my arm. "I've never been with anyone before."

"What?"

"I was following your lead."

"Titania," I set my hand on her leg. "Are you kidding me?"

"Absolutely not."

"You've had some desolate and lonely years since your creation, huh?"

She pulled her knees to her chest. "Yes, it's been a sad couple of hundred years. I've always been here besides facing off against my brother and his wife. You're the first time I was allowed out to do something not involving Serberous or Lilith. It was the longest I was ever out."

I laid down at her feet. "Titania, I promise to serve you. It would help if you weren't lonely. I want to work for you in whatever way you need. I want to love you until my heart ceases beating."

"Good," she set her forehead against mine. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Are you going to tell me what this room is?"

"This is all the pieces I have collected to put my soul into," she explained. "I want you to help me spread them throughout Newartic."

"As you wish, my lady," I kissed her hand.

Titania giggled. It was the cutest start to our relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 12.6K 25
*Book One of the Amor Fati Series* Prince Calanthe Ámarent, once the child of a beloved queen regnant and now a disgraced prince, goes on a journey...
19.2K 601 35
**Sequel in the Wisdom and Wizards series** If you haven't read the first it's Saving Wisdom and Wizards! ~~~ Everyone believes that Percy Jackson is...
13.5K 513 25
18+ Loosely based on Romeo and Juliet set in a magical fae world. Two powerful families have ruled over the the dark and light fae for thousands of y...
300 52 6
The world as we know it is gone, destroyed by a group of Fae warriors who split the seam between their world and ours. Rhea is on the run. Being chas...