Working A Romance

By pandacottoncandy

Isabella is a workaholic until she finds her best friend Ann and her boss/ fiance having a affair. Preview: ... More

Working a Romance
You Will Have To Earn My Trust
Italy here I come
Um...well Hello!
You Smell So Good
Starry Night...
Business Casual
Unexpected
Am I Dead?
Meet My Mate...
Cast
Scattered and Torn
Breathless
Attitude Check
Flashback
Naked
Shy
It Wasn't A Dream
Ruins
Scattered Pieces
Old Habits Die Hard
Team Edward
Kiss My A**
The Unwanted Third Party

Never Mess with a Good Thing

246 5 0
By pandacottoncandy

The saying goes when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade right? Well someone gave me limes and I'm out of margarita mix.

When I got home I rushed to change as if my life depended on it not only did I stub my toe but in the result to the toe I tripped and hit my head on the damn bed frame. When life gives you limes am I right?

I quickly gather my thoughts and rush to change, but do you ever have that feeling that you have nothing to wear in a closet full of clothes. After literally destroying my closet I finally found the one. A perfect dress for a night out with a friend and obviously some drinks . Maybe I'll finally get that margarita...

I text Steven letting him know I'm on my way when I hear a thunderous banging on my door, I peek out my blinds and see non other then the monstrous brothers. Knowing damn well I would be dragged away to god know where if I open the door I grab my heels and sneak out the back. I order an Uber, I take a quick look around to make sure I'm not being followed, and text Steven.

" hey I'm on my way meet you in 10"

" bitch you better hurry these drinks are looking to good not to drink"

" I'll be there in a jiffy"

I finally see my Uber pulling up, I quickly get in but I hear a low growl. I frantically look around, I see the brothers a few steps down the sidewalk and I rush to get into the car. The Uber pulls away just as they are running to catch me...
........................

Later that night I'm two drinks in and having a blast with Steven, sharing cringey stories of our childhoods and laughing at such silly jokes. I feel as though I finally let myself relax and enjoy how life is, I forget about every bad thing and just feel happy which makes me realize maybe this is something good.
I take a breathe after a boisterous laugh, my eyes are welling up with laughing tears and I look at Steven.

" I just want to say thank you, for the first time in forever I feel really happy and thank you for being so kind on my first day I didn't expect to make a friend on my first day." I say with a sincere smile towards Steven.

" Girl don't be getting all sentimental on me or I'll start crying. " he says as he tries not to look me in my eyes.

"It's okay we can ugly cry together" I wink at him.

We both laugh as the waiter comes up to us with a bottle of wine.

" we didn't order this sorry" I say as he starts to open the bottle.

" It is compliments from the men over there" he points towards the bar and as I turn I see eyes that I can pinpoint anywhere.

Well there goes the limes again....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 92.8K 31
"You are mine, Natalya. I will show you over and over if I have to." ***** In a werewolf's life, you live your life around constant companionship but...
23.7K 475 23
Megan living the 'normal' life of a werewolf. When she's forced to move into the pack house with her best friend she meets new friends, enemies, and...
6K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
2.8M 49.7K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...