Harry Potter and the Veela

By Irish_Wolves

All rights go to Z-bond Published with permission Harry Potter was four years old when The Dark Lord attacked... More

Fateful encounter, Neglect, Shopping
Fourth year begins
Faces of my enemy, Going Pro
Leaving home, Practice, Revelations
World Cup, Goddess, Confrontations
Champions of the World,Letters, Diagon
Fifth year, The Fraud, Bad Feeling
Visions, Chambers, King of Serpents
Another year over, OWLs
Rumours, The Truth, Shopping Nightmare
The Unexpected, Qualifying
End of Summer, the rat and Dementors
Deepest fear, special Christmas
Vratsa Vultures
Weird dreams, Thinking about you
Heart repair, new beginning
Celebrity life
History makers
Separate yet whole
Lovers Reunited
Plot Uncovered
Dragons Wrath
A winter affair
Divulging paths

Personal demons, Friendship, Duelling Club

13.8K 341 40
By Irish_Wolves

So weak. So pathetic" A voice whispered. "I'M NOT WEAK!" Harry shouted at the emptiness around him, desperately trying to locate the voice. His eyes widened in shock as he saw himself out of the darkness, the other Harry was wearing robes of pure black and eyes red as blood.

Suddenly Harry felt himself pull down towards the darkness, both him and counterpart fell onto what seem to be a living room. He saw the date on a calendar, it was to be his seventh birthday.

"Eric, honey! There you are." Harry froze as he saw his mother pass right through him, he saw as she picked up his two year old brother and left the room, not noticing a five year old Harry sniffling behind the armchair. Instantly familiar feelings of loneliness and worthlessness immediately came back. Harry had always thought his mother had the most loving smile on the planet, but he couldn't recall the last time she smiled at him anymore, she didn't love him anymore.

Slowly, tears that had been kept inside began to slid down his face like rain after a long drought. No matter how much he wanted to hate his family and Dumbledore, a small part of him still craved for their approval and attention. He wanted to be loved, to be worthy in their eyes.

"Pathetic….so pathetic." A weeping Harry Potter looked up and saw his counterpart leaning against the wall, his face an emotionless void.

"After all this, you still crave for their affection? Don't you remember how they treated you? You were more powerful than Merlin and Le Fay combined yet they lavished all their care on that undeserving filthy squib who shouldn't even be given air to breathe" Red eyed Harry sneered.

"You're wrong, I don't crave their affection." Harry said, wiping his tears.

"You really think you can lie to me? When I am a part of you?" Dark Harry cackled. "Don't deny it, you wish everyday that she might smile at you the same way she smiles at that irksome brat. But that will never happen….because she doesn't love you anymore. They're all USING you. No one LOVES you."

Harry was now clutching his head, as his knees gave to the floor "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" He screamed with agony.

"Can you feel it, closing in on you...O, I can" The red eyed Harry whispered before flashing a malicious grin as he began to walk towards his screaming host.

"Harry…Harry" Harry opened his eyes and saw a concerned Roger looking at him.

"What…" Harry spluttered.

"You were talking and screaming in your sleep. You feeling okay mate?" Roger explained.

"Fine, just a dream." Harry muttered, wiping the cold sweat away from his forehead. Roger nodded and slowly went back to his bed.

Harry clamped his eyes tightly as he laid back onto his pillow, behind the seemingly perfection, handsome face and all the glamorous tittles of: Best Student of the year, Dueling Champion of Hogwarts, Quidditch Captain for the England youth team, Ravenclaw Prefect, was still that little boy who felt he was worthless and unloved.

Slowly and uneasily, Harry drifted back to sleep puzzled and surprisingly with fear, his dark counterpart hadn't appeared in years, what made this year an exception?(One guess of what 'Dark' Harry actually is) Could it be related to the mysterious hissing voice he heard not long ago.

A few days later Roger, Elan and Cedric could tell that something was up with Harry, for one, he didn't talk much, his tan skin was incredibly pale and was acting just like the way he did in first year, isolating himself from everyone, while Harry was not the most sociable person at times, he rarely acted this way anymore.

"Harry, HARRY!" Cedric shouted as he caught up with the lone Ravenclaw with Roger and Elan close behind him.

"WHAT?" Harry snapped angrily, and pulled his robe tighter to him in discomfort. Cedric was surprised at the ferocity, Harry was normally a calm guy.

"Just wanted to talk to you…you alright?"

"I'm fine." With that Harry turned away and walked towards his first period class. He sneered when he saw the resident fraud Lockhart, swaggering slowly from his office, why did he even bother showing up for Defense class, he would never know.

He blanked out as Lockhart boasted about his stolen achievements and his books,

"Are you alright hatchling?" A melodic voice sang.

"Rina? What are you talking about?"

"Hatchling, you can never lie to me, for we are bonded companions, please talk to me. What is it that makes you suffer so?"

"I'm afraid…"

"Of what?"

"That I'll remain alone in the dark for the rest of my life." Harry said, remembering the nightmare, standing all alone in the dark. Sure he had his friends but they'll part ways eventually, even his anchor, Little Rosy would drift apart from him as she got older, she'll have her own friends, it was cruel but reality for Harry has never been a fairy tale with happily ever after endings.

"Oh hatchling, I will forever and always be by your side." The hawk phoenix hybrid sang.

"And I'm grateful." Harry said truthfully through their mental link. Harry then turned to look at the clock and saw that class was about to end. He felt disgusted when Lockhart had tried to suck up to him, telling him that he would gladly give out pointers on Quidditch to him if he wanted. He just glowered at the fraud who didn't seem to notice his annoyance.

As soon as they were dismissed, Harry immediately strolled towards the outdoors, ignoring the concerned looks on his gang's faces, Rina appeared with a burst of flames, singing a melodious note as she perched on her bonded companion's shoulder who was staring vacantly at the Black Lake.

"You should really talk to them, they are very worried for you." Rina sang.

"They'll never understand…" Harry whispered to his familiar.

"I'm sure they will, you're not alone hatchling, and you'll never be….rely on them for strength, don't keep anything inside." Harry didn't say anything but stared straight at the Black Lake.

Hermione Granger was walking to the Great Hall when she saw a small figure in clearing just at the edge of the Black Lake. Her curiosity got the best of her as she neared the figure, and gasped when she saw a flaming red tailed hawk perching on the student's shoulder, singing reassuringly. Whirling around, the entrancing emerald green eyes of Harry Potter locked on to her chocolate brown ones.

He smiled forcefully and said, "Hello Hermione. How is second year going on for you?"

"It's alright but you have no idea how frustrating it is when the professors always compare me and the standards you've set up." Hermione said with a grin, taking a seat next to Harry on the soft grass. Harry just smiled but didn't say anything.

Noting her curious expression, Harry said, "This is my bonded companion, Rina."

"This is my friend, Hermione." He then said through their mental link. Harry was actually surprised when Hermione actually touched Rina's flaming wing and he chuckled lightly when he saw her awed expression that her hand was unscathed. After many questions, Hermione was still staring at Rina with absolute awe. "I think you have a fan." Harry chuckled through their link, which caused Rina to peck at his ear

"Are you feeling alright Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Am I that transparent?" Harry said sarcastically, but then remembered what Rina had said before and swallowed his urge to lash out at the girl.

Hermione just nodded and in a gentler tone asked "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just had an unpleasant dream." Harry responded quickly, hoping the younger girl would drop the issue.

But she didn't, in fact she pressed on, grabbing his hand and said, "Tell me."

Harry didn't know why but felt he could trust her, Hermione had always reminded him of his sister, curious and kind hearted. With that he spilled everything, from his childhood neglect, because his brother was savior of the wizard world, he was always alone all the way to his recent nightmare. When he finished, Harry looked away, realizing that he had just spilled everything that he didn't want anyone to know.

However Hermione surprised him by wrapping her arms around him, giving him heat, "It's okay…I know how you feel." She whispered. Harry just looked at her with puzzlement. "My parents were dentists….Harry don't laugh, it's a well respected profession." Hermione said with playful frown noting Harry's rising smirk. "Anyways, with their profession, they never had time for me and I have always had trouble with making friends so that's why I dedicated myself towards books…" Hermione said sadly before brightening up and said, "But you changed that, you made me feel that I'm not alone in this world." Harry looked dumbfounded as the younger girl planted a kiss on his cheek and walked off with a hop in her steps.

"See what I mean? You're not alone hatchling. You have others around you." Rina sang soothingly. With renewed strength, Harry sat up from the grass and walked back into the castle, his fears no longer troubling him. Rina disappeared in a burst of flames as soon as he neared the Great Hall to his dismay but it was only after she had nuzzled his nose and nipped his ear. For a long time, Harry had never felt such relief as he walked into the busy Great Hall, he settled down next to Cho who gave him a quick sisterly hug. Sometimes actions spoke better than words, which was exactly what Harry needed right now. She then passed him a note which,

Harry,

Meet us at the Quidditch Pitch after lunch IMMEDIATELY

Roger, Cedric, Elan

Harry then whispered his thanks and left the Great Hall, upon arriving at the empty Quidditch pitch, he was surprised when a furious Quaffle slammed into him.

"Oof" Harry was caught off guard by the force of the Quaffle and landed on the grass in a heap. Harry groaned but then saw an outstretched hand, looking up, he saw Cedric with a loyal and friendly smile. Harry took the hand and was soon on his feet, "Bloody hell, could have given me a heads up." Harry said, massaging his right shoulder.

Then suddenly, Roger and Elan swooped down on their brooms, both were in their respective House Quidditch Robes. Realizing what he needed to do, Harry said with his head down, "Look, I'm sorry for biting your heads off and being an arse, I was just…"

"We understand Harry, you don't need to apologize, we're your friends and nothing will ever break that. Friends help and rely on each other." Cedric said like the true Hufflepuff that he was.

"You don't have to go on alone." Roger said.

"Father and Mother treat you like one of their own, Draco and I see you as a brother, we're here for you." Elan said for once with total seriousness.

"Guys…" Harry could only say before Roger threw him his Nimbus 2000.

"I hope you're not rusty already." Roger said before kicking off into the air. With a wide grin, Harry threw off his robe and undid his tie before kicking off. Soon they quickly grabbed the attention of students who quickly came onto the pitch, ignoring the calls of the professors.

The resident Quidditch Superstars were playing 2 on 2, Elan and Cedric playing against Harry and Roger. The cheering was especially loud whenever Harry got the Quaffle, he was captain of the U-17 English Team after all.

The match ended when McGonagall shouted for the students to return to class with a Sonorus charm. Although everyone could hear the disappointment in her voice, little did people know but McGonagall was probably the biggest Quidditch Fanatic in all of Hogwarts.

"Great game…all win streak here we go." Elan said animatedly, walking back to the castle with his three friends behind him. Harry just smiled, playing in the actual World Cup really made him look forward to the future. The days went by, slowly with the presence of Rina, his friends and letters from Sirius and Lupin, the little boy who was alone and afraid in Harry slowly faded away.

Speaking of letters, Harry had received another letter from Fleur and that was when he realized that he never wrote her back. With a sigh, he grabbed a piece of parchment and began to write. "Rina, can you deliver this to Fleur Delacour in Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in France? I would use a normal owl but the trips too draining plus they can't teleport." Rina just sang a musical note and allowed her companion to tie the envelope to her talon and with a burst of flames, she disappeared. The weather surrounding Hogwarts began to drop as winter came. Harry was having a tough time staying awake in Professor Binns' History of Magic class even with all the coffee that he drank to stay awake. Binns had this droning voice, which immediately causes a person to feel immense and unexplainable fatigue. Harry lazily looked around and saw that no one else besides him was actively listening and taking notes about a war between goblins and wizards, Roger's incessant snoring didn't help either.

"I don't know how you do it Harry but how can you not fall asleep in Binns' class?" Roger yawned as they exited the ghost professor's classroom. Harry didn't say anything but grinned, he was well known at Hogwarts for being the only student to not doze off in Professor Binns' class, which itself was considered to be a monumental achievement.

Meanwhile, in Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, Fleur Delacour had her ice princess mask on, as all the girls around her gave her disgusted glares. Fleur sighed as she brushed a strand of silver blonde hair behind her ear, she wished everyday that she could just be an ordinary girl, she would willingly give up all her beauty in exchange for being ordinary.

She often thought about the one man who had treated her normally, who didn't drool and act stupidly in front of her. Ever since sending that letter and photo to him, she never got a response back which saddened her greatly. She knew she shouldn't have sent that photo, what would he think of her when he saw it? Would he still want to be her friend after that? She wouldn't be surprise if a man as kind and loving as Harry already had a girlfriend. Fleur was wallowing in her sadness, not noting her favorite bouillabaisse in front of her when suddenly, a burst of flames appeared, startling many students. The teachers of Beauxbatons were amazed as the flames took shape and soon a phoenix screech loudly.

Fleur was speechless as the it flew near her and she shut her eyes as it landed on her shoulder, preparing to be burnt, however, she found herself feeling very warm, as if nothing could make her sad. She opened her sapphire blue eyes and saw the phoenix's burgundy red eyes staring into hers as if assessing her. It was then when Fleur realized that there was an envelope strung to its talons, untying it, the phoenix sang a musical note to her, and disappeared in a burst of flames, looking down at the envelope she gasped when she saw the neat calligraphy of the name Harry Potter; at that moment Fleur suddenly felt as if she were the happiest young woman on the planet, Harry had written her back. Ignoring the glares and loud whisperings, Fleur broke the seal of the envelope and fished out the parchment,

Dear Fleur

As you can imagine, I hope you're not shock by Rina's entrance, she does have a tendency of making grand entrances. Don't worry, she's perfectly harmless, I'm terribly sorry for not returning your last letter, due to a personal problem, I was incapable of focusing on pretty much everything, much less write a letter but it was only a minor inconvenience. How are you doing? Ignore those ignorant idiots, you shouldn't be upset because of them; they aren't worth it. You have an interest in ballet then? You look nice in a ballerina outfit Tell me more about your school, what's your favorite class? I hope the food is way better than what we have at Hogwarts.

Sincerely yours,

Harry

P.S.- Be proud of who you are!

Fleur's unhappy day suddenly became all the brighter as she read the letter, when she was finished, she had a wide smile on her face. She didn't know how a few words of encouragement could make her feel so warm but it was exactly how she felt. Fleur could sense him near when she read his postscript it was as if he were there, sitting right next to her.

Her day further brightened when she took out a photograph of Harry, he was standing in the Quidditch Stadium with a towering castle situated not far away; clear blue skies with cotton candy clouds . He had a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and several buttons unbuttoned at the top with skinny long black pants. His hair was still how she loved it, black and messy, with a pompadour style. In his right hand, he held his Nimbus 2000, he did nothing but tilt his head slightly and flashed her the smile she loved most. It was that same smile that seem to say, "I care about you." She couldn't help but laugh when she saw the fine calligraphy at the back of the photo,

Err….I don't know ballet, this is the first time I actually did something like this so….I just decided to stand with my broom. Um…hope you like it.

Fleur, from that day onward was never affected by the cold demeanors of her classmates, knowing that Harry was always there subconsciously, giving her the strength to go on. The next few days at Hogwarts was unexpected for Harry, he had to stop Draco and his brother from starting a brawl when Draco had taunted Ronald Weasley about their 'infamous' financial situation.

Another thing that happened was that the cat of public enemy number one, Argus Filch was mysteriously petrified, again with Eric Potter at the scene of the incident. Harry at that moment knew that terrible things would happen this year when he saw the words written in blood on the walls, The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir, Beware.

"Enemies of the heir beware, that means you all mudbloods." Theodore Nott sneered with his two lumbering troll like bodyguards, Crabbe and Goyle behind him. Hermione, who had coincidentally been standing next to Harry when they witnessed the incident, gripped his arm tightly. Harry didn't know what to do but place a hesitant arm around the pale girl's shoulders and walked her back to the entrance of the common room.

"Don't worry too much about it Hermione." Harry said soothingly to the younger girl.

"But I'm A MUGGLE BORN!" Hermione was now shaking. Harry placed both hands on her shoulders, forcing her to make eye contact with him,

"I'll never let anything happen to you. Promise." Harry said, holding out a pinky. When Hermione didn't respond at first, Harry felt ridiculous but smiled when she giggled and she crossed his pinky with her own. She had been there in his difficult moment, listening to his problems, now it was his turn to help her.

After sending a more cheerful Hermione into the Gryffindor Common Room, Harry immediately went to the library and with Madam Pince's expertise with books, began to read everything he could regarding to Salazar Slytherin. He had a gut feeling that the re-emergence of his nightmares with dark Harry and the re-opening of the Chamber of Secrets was connected, but how? Harry didn't returned to Ravenclaw Tower until eleven p.m, with Rina perched at his bedside desk singing softly, Harry quickly fell into the realm of Morpheus. For the first time in his life, Harry Potter had a truly dreamless sleep.

Next day it was obvious that everyone in the castle has been affected in one way or another by the re-opening of the Chamber of Secrets and hearing about a potential monster lurking within it did nothing to calm the students down. After a few days, a student was found petrified, a young Gryffindor named Colin Creevey who had been trying to visit Eric Potter in the hospital wing who was sent there by Draco for harassing some Slytherins. Speaking of his brother, Harry had to resist strangling him when he caught him bullying Luna Lovegood the other day.

Harry was walking from Transfiguration, they had began learning animal transfiguration and was walking to Charms when he saw a dirty blonde haired Ravenclaw with her book bag on the floor. Harry's blood boiled as he saw his fat arse of a brother calling her names, he quickly strolled over.

"Mr. Potter, detention with Professor Snape for bullying a student." Harry shouted, causing Eric Potter to protest, "Loony here deserved it."

"Make that double detention with Professor Snape." Harry barked. "Now get lost." Eric Potter and his sidekick Ronald Weasley quickly scurried away muttering under the Ravenclaw prefect's furious glare.

"Are you alright Ms. Lovegood?" Harry asked as he picked up the girl's book bag and offered a hand to her, which she took and with relative ease, Harry pulled the wide eyed girl back on her feet.

"What's your next class?" he asked softly.

"Potions." Luna said, pink tinges forming on her cheeks, she couldn't believe it, she was talking to the most desired wizard in Hogwarts and probably all of Britain. Harry just nodded and with an arm wrapped around her shoulder, causing her blush to darken and led her to the dungeons, oblivious that many witches were glaring daggers and growling with jealousy at Luna. As they arrived at the dungeons, Harry bade her farewell and quickly strolled back to Charm's class. Luna had a bigger dreamy smile on her face, at least now there was someone who cared for her.

Harry snorted when he heard that a Dueling Club had been put together during lunch one day. "Are people actually naïve to believe that a monster is capable of dueling? If so, they're more delusional than I thought" Harry snorted as he ate his pudding.

Meanwhile on the teacher's table, Dumbledore was staring intensely at a certain messy hair Ravenclaw prefect. "Severus did you know Harry Potter has mastered Occlumency as well as Legilimency?"

Snape gave a start at the sudden question and nodded. Dumbledore was livid, "You knew all this time?"

"Ever since he first walked into my classroom, I have known." Snape said without a care in the world, inside he was secretly enjoying the fact that he had pissed off the great leader of the light.

"I must keep a closer eye on him, he must not fall to the dark side." Dumbledore thought to himself, a wizard as powerful as Harry with knowledge of mind magic and wandless spell casting must not turn out the way Tom Riddle did. After lunch had ended, Harry went to his afternoon classes, which consisted of Arithmancy, Charms and his favorite, Double Potions.

After dinner, Dumbledore waved his wand and the tables of the Great Hall were pushed to a corner in a stack, leaving the Great Hall spacious as a long dueling stage rose from the floor.

"Who do you think will teach us?" Cho asked as they neared the stage.

"I hope its Flitwick, he's a dueling champion, if there's anyone who knows about dueling its gotta be him." Cedric said in a hopeful tone.

"I wish." Harry muttered loudly when Lockhart in all of his pompousness, swaggered onto the stage making Roger and Elan groan and fake puking noises.

Lockhart waved an arm in silence, "Gather around, gather around! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works." Lockhart then unfastened his cloak and threw it into the crowd, causing his female fans to gasp as they tried to catch it.

Harry grinned when he saw Elan placed the back of his hand to his forehead and pretended to faint like a fan girl, only to be caught by a grinning Anna Zabini. She looked at him with an amused smile as Elan grinned up at her. Anna tried not to laugh and smacked him on his forehead before pushing him upright again. "That hurt." Elan said, oblivious to the sniggering students around him, Anna just rolled her eyes.

Harry smirked then turned his attention back to the stage. "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Said Lockhart, with another dramatic wave with his arm.

As quiet as a ghost, Snape walked smoothly up to the stage with his usual sneer on his face. He looked like he rather be kissing a troll, than standing on stage. "I'm so going to enjoy this. I feel sorry for Goldilocks" Elan whispered to Harry, Harry nodded affirmatively; he looked forward to what jinx the creator of his favorite Sectemsempra curse would cast.

"Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I've finished with him. Never fear." Lockhart proclaimed loudly. Both snapped their wands up, then down and bowed before taking ten steps back and turning around. "One - two - three -" Lockhart said with a smug smile. Both of them pointed their wands at their opponent; with a wave of his wand too quick for the raw eye to see Snape cried: "Expelliarmus!" There was a flash of red light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet and landed on the end of the platform.

The Slytherins and many other houses cheered, mostly boys. "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione squealed worriedly, from her place next to Harry.

"Who cares?" Elan, Roger and Cedric chorused grinned widely as Lockhart got unsteadily to his feet.

Lockhart walked back to his previous position an embarrassed smile on his face, "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy-"

Snape interrupted in a silky voice, "Perhaps it would be prudent if you first teach the students to block unfriendly spells." He looked like he was near to casting a Cruciatus. Lockhart didn't even notice the killing gaze Snape was having on his face as he stopped and turned around, "An excellent suggestion professor Snape. Let's have a round of people come up. Ah Potter, Weasley how about you give it a try."

Harry couldn't help but snigger when he saw his brother and his lap dog swaggering up to the stage. Many people started talking and whispering excitedly.

"Weasley's wand causes devastating effects, he'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox…" Snape sneered and said Weasel's ears turned red as he fidgeted his scotch taped wand.

"How did it break anyways." Cho asked no one in particular.

"Oh, it broke when Dumbledore apparated them into Hogsmeade station. I overheard them complaining about it." Hermione said with a roll of her eyes.

"Wow, very suave." Cho said with a matching grin

"Might I suggest someone from my own house? Draco, perhaps?" Snape said and immediately Draco climbed onto the dueling platform as if his life depended on it.

The students in the Great Hall watched as Draco floor The Boy Who Lived with a well placed tickling charm. Harry gave a thumbs up at Draco who merely rolled his eyes at the one sidedness of the duel.

Harry was impressed when Draco had managed to cast Serpensortia. Many shrieks and cries of fear could be heard as a Black Mamba shot out of Draco's dragon heartstring wand. Eric Potter froze entirely as the snake slithered towards him, it was a secret but Eric Potter's greatest fear was always snakes.

Harry grinned at Snape who looked like Christmas had arrived early, "Don't worry Potter, I'll get it for you." Snape said lazily but was cut off by Lockhart who pompously said,

"Allow me Professor" and with a wave of his wand incanted, "Alarte Ascendare" The entire Great Hall watched as the snake was thrown into the air before landing back on the floor with a thump. From what he had learned from Biology in muggle school, Harry could tell the Black Mamba was now agitated with rage as it arched its neck.

"Filthy two legs, making me lose my meal, what is this place." Harry suddenly heard a voice hissing. Then suddenly it hit him, the familiar hissing noises, immediately Harry remembered the strange hissing noises he had the other night when he had been walking back to Ravenclaw Tower.

Now he was a step closer to solving the identity of the monster in the hidden chamber, it was a snake who could petrify.

"Vipera Evanesca" Snape incanted and a golden beam of light shot out of his wand and hit the snake causing it to disappear with a crack. Everyone couldn't help but snigger at Eric Potter, who seemed like he was going to piss in his pants if the snake had disappeared seconds later.

Then Harry slipped out of the Great Hall stealthily; not noticing a bushy haired bookworm had seen him. Harry arrived at the library and immediately asked Madam Pince for books related to reptiles that can petrify. As he hauled the books to a desk, he noticed Hermione sitting at a desk waving wildly at him, even though it was just the two of them in the library.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked sitting in an empty chair across from her, with a raised brow.

"I could ask the same." Hermione said smugly.

"Just some light reading. The Dueling club will only worsen my skills." Harry replied, opening a textbook, with diagrams of many mythical animals.

"Full of yourself much?" Hermione piped.

"No, it's a fact. Look, if you want to make yourself useful, start looking through one of these books and help me locate a snake that can petrify." Harry said, thrusting her two giant textbooks. After much silence and inhuman speed of reading, Harry was startled by a loud "AHA." Harry couldn't help but chuckle at Hermione's expression, it looked so much like Little Rosy when they played "Where is Wally?" back in Potter manor.

"What?" Hermione said cutely,

"Nothing. What have you got?" Harry said clearing his throat loudly.

"Here, the Basilisk" Hermione said moving to the seat next to Harry with the book. Harry had a bad feeling as he read the page, "Of the many fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents. This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad. Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it." Next to it was a detailed picture of an enormous snake with dark green colored scales and large yellow eyes.

"Fifty Feet in length." Harry said with true fear in his voice, he knew it would be bad but this was far worst than he could have ever imagined. Suddenly a burst of flames appeared on table, wings of flames took shape as Rina sang, "We'll defeat it. We'll find a way….together" Harry chuckled at how she stressed the last word.

Opening his personal notepad, he began to jot down notes on the now known monster in the chamber when Hermione started, "How does a snake that big go around the school."

Instantly, the hissing noise behind the walls gave Harry the clue as he said "Pipes." Hermione's eyes widened in surprise and revelation, then Madam Pince ushered them out of the Library, as it was time for the Library to close. After accompanying the second year Gryffindor back to her dormitory, Harry did his prefect patrol with Rina on his shoulder as a precaution. Harry breathed in relief as he finally made it back to Ravenclaw Tower, he had not encountered the Basilisk during his patrol. Harry went to bed with one question nagging his mind, where was the entrance to the Chamber?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995K 30.4K 40
Published with permission Finding out that some of the Wesley's and Hermione he thought as family had betrayed him, Harry wishes for something that s...
130K 3.5K 35
Harry Potter is 17 years old when the Triwizard Tournament comes to Britain. His brother, Justin Potter, may be the Boy-Who-Lived, but after his last...
18.6K 566 38
Rosalie Lestrange the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange has been sent to Hogwarts for the first year. However she was put into Gryffindor house which w...
2M 38.1K 90
"Her terrible timing resulted in the perfect image: Fred standing there wet. His hair was soaking, and the small drops of water rolled down his cheek...