What if i told you i love you?

By stories116

Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Ba... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four

Nine

8.1K 138 11
By stories116

Today we take on the Faroe Islands in the WWC qualifiers. If i play this will be my first competitive game on the international stage.

On our way to the stadium i decided to sit beside Mapi. Once we arrived everyone put their training stuff on, and that's when it all hit me. I'm going to make it on the national stage. This could be my moment.

As i was thinking Alexia came over, and when i looked at her i noticed no one else was in the locker room.

"Hey, are you okay?"
She asked as she swung an arm around me.

"I- yeah, sorry. I was just thinking"

"What were you thinking about?"
Alexia asked as we both began to exit the locker room.

"That this is my chance to make it on the international stage"

"You've been through a lot of shit to get here and in my eyes, if anyone deserves this, it's you. I know that you will take this opportunity with both hands and i know that you will become a star for us. I know all about your quality, not everyone in the team does and not all of the fans do, but i do, believe me, i know how good you really are"

"I'm going to make you proud"
I said as a smile appeared on my face.

"You've already made me proud, little sis"

"I love you, Ale"

"I know and i love you too, Emily"
I smiled and nodded.

"Let's do this"

"Let's do this"
I whispered back before jogging onto the pitch for our warmups.

******
Right now i'm sat on the bench beside Leila and Sandra Paños.

"¿Estás listo?"
Leila said as soon as the ref blew her whistle and i just rolled my eyes at her making her laugh.

"Stopppp"

"I said are you ready?"

"Yes i'm ready. You know, you easily could have said that in English"

"That's no fun. I enjoy annoying you"

"Why?"

"Because you're the baby and you're so cute, so it's really funny"

"Are you annoying her, Leila?"
Sandra asked as she put an arm around me, pulling me closer to her.

"No, not at all"

"Perks of being 'the baby', everyone sticks up for me"
I said as i looked at Leila with a smirk.

By half time, it was already 5-0 to us.
Esther González 2', 41'
Aitana Bonmatí 17', 25'
Jennifer Hermoso 39'

no changes were made at half time, and by the 60th minute it was 9-0.
Esther González 2', 41', 51'
Aitana Bonmatí 17', 25', 50'
Jennifer Hermoso 39', 52', 57'

In the 60th minute, i was warming up when Jorge called me back and told me to get ready. I quickly removed my jumper and slipped my shin guards on, i was then told some basic instructions and was subbed on for Esther.

Debut time

For the first ten minutes i was just finding my feet and settling into the game, but after those ten minutes, i was playing freely.

Fourteen minutes after i came on, i was got my first chance of the game.

I stole possession from one of the oppositions players high up the park. I was so high up that no one was up with me, they were beginning to sprint up but i decided to go alone.

I dribbled up into the box with no real troubles. As i entered the box i was met by two defenders. I slipped the ball under one's legs before faking a shot, making the other defender slide. Now, i was one on one with the keeper. I didn't do any tricks, i just placed the ball into the top left corner, and when i did i couldn't believe it.

I ran into Alexia's arms and the rest of my teammates jumped on-top of me, making me fall to the ground. Once i finally got up, i walked back with Ona.

"Way to kick start your international career"
She said as she ruffled my hair.

"Hopefully the fans will like me"
I said as i took a quick look around the stadium.

"Our fans love you already. They see you at Barca and now you play for their country, they're really excited"
I smiled widely and then play restarted.

In the 83rd minute Alexia scored and Patri got the assist. 11-0.
In the 89th minute Alexia score again but this time i got the assist. 12-0.

That's how the game finished, 12-0.
Debut✅
Goal✅
Assist✅

After the game i was pulled away for an interview before i could celebrate with the fans or my new international teammates.

"Emily, a long awaited competitive international debut, how did that feel?"
I smiled.

"It's one of the best feelings ever. I'm just so happy"

"The Spanish fans sure do seem to love you, how were they today?"

"These fans are insane. I obviously know some from Barca, and they're amazing but the Spanish fans are honestly out of this world. They're loud and very supportive, they help to drive us on and today i felt and heard them"

"You're now officially a Spanish international, how does that feel?"

"I'm over the moon. It hit me today just before the warmups that i'm actually going to make it on the international stage. It's took a while and it's been a long, tiring and hurtful process but now i can say i'm here and i've done it. I've made my competitive debut on the international stage"

"You mentioned there that it was a long, tiring and hurtful process to get here, how hard was it when you kept getting let down by England?"

"I knew it would be hard getting into the first team squad, especially as a forward but it was my dream, my first dream, so when i knew it wasn't achievable it hurt, and honestly i could have saved myself from that hurt a long time ago but i was so caught up in my dream that i refused to see that the dream won't work out for me, and it didn't, but i refused to give up and today my dream came back alive"

"Was it a hard decision to make?"

"The hardest"

"Harder than leaving Chelsea?"

"Definitely. Like i said, playing for England was my first real dream, so of course it was hard but it had to be done and i know i haven't made the wrong decision. I really do feel at home in Spain"

"How has it been adapting to the language?"

"Oh don't even. It's so hard, but one day i'll get it"
The interviewer laughed.

"A goal and an assist on your debut, it doesn't get much better, does it?"

"It doesn't, no. Jorge told me to come out and play how i play, so i did"

"Obviously Spain have technically already qualified for the WWC but how important is it to keep up the perfect record in the qualifying group?"

"It's really important. We want to win them all and grow as a team. We want to go to the World Cup confident in our ability"

"Gracias and well done"

"Gracias"

******
I went around the fans, taking pictures and signing things before i eventually went into the locker room.

As soon as i walked in all of the girls screamed and started jumping around me.

After they calmed down, i got changed and then Jorge approached me.

"What a performance, kid. Welcome to the team"
He said as he gave me a quick hug.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity"

"You're the future of Spanish football. Honestly, kid, you're incredible"

"Thank you. I won't let you down"

"I know you won't"
He smiled before walking away.

Alexia then came over and she just hugged me so tightly.

"I can't believe England let you leave. I know i wouldn't have"
I smiled as i rested my head on her shoulder.

"This environment is better for me"

"Oh for sure. That environment in England was damaging you"

"I'm happy here, Ale. I'm really happy here"

"I'm happy your here, and so is everyone else"
I hugged her tightly.

I spoke to everyone before we got on the bus and headed back to the hotel. On the bus i was beside Patri.

As soon as we got back to the hotel, me, Mapi and Ona went straight to our rooms and got ready for bed. All three of us spoke for a little before Ona fell asleep.

"Amor?"
Love
Mapi asked.

"Yeah"

"After the Scotland game, in a couple of days we have a day off and then we train for the Arsenal game in London. I was thinking, why don't you come home with me? I'll show you around. My family aren't there, but i would love to show you my home"
I leaned up and kissed Mapi before laying back down on her chest.

"There's nothing i would like more than to see your home with you"

"Good, i really can't wait"

"When we go to London, i'll show you around"
Mapi smiled.

"I can't wait, but right now we should get some sleep"
I chuckled into her neck.

"Goodnight, mi amor"

"Goodnight, amor"

******
@emily

EQUIPO❤️ What a day and what a moment it was for me to make my debut in these colours. My debut on the international stage, wow. Today was so special and now i can officially call myself a Spanish international😍

Good win today and good to get my first goal✅❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 9K 51
Alana Foden, and her sister Gabby, transfer to Barcelona and somehow before she's even arrived in the city, an enemy has already been made, after a c...
39.5K 1.2K 20
Ona Taylor, a twenty-three year old Argentinian, is expected to be next big thing. Currently playing for OL Reign, Ona has everything she had dreamed...
Narla. By Lx :)

Fanfiction

12.1K 364 15
It's 2024, it's Keira's year and also Barcelona's year again. In this story find out how break ups bring 2 people back together. ⚠️warning: will incl...
408K 9.4K 49
After Emilia Cortes just upped and left her old club, she joins FC Barcelona Femení in hope for a fresh start. However, things seem to be even worse...