I Will Protect You (Josuke x...

By FreeFlyer68

Y/n was close friends with Josuke Higashikata in the town of Morioh. Without having a stand she was left defe... More

A Turtle
It's Called a Stand
Friends
Angelo the Rock
Death by an Arrow
Waking up Differently
A Father's Love
The Nijimura Brothers
Dating Josuke Higashikata
A Lock of Guilt
Hazamada's Surface
Meeting Koichi's Girlfriend
A Love Letter
True Love
Delicious and Authentic Italian Food
Death and Resurrection
Akira Otoishi
It's Today
A Baby Stand
A Visitor to Morioh
Heaven's Door
A Blinded Rage
A Normal Day in Morioh
Another Meeting
A New Stand User
Morning Tea
A Fight For Love
Shigekiyo Yangu: Harvest
Yoshikage Kira
A Vow of Silence
Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost
Leaving the Murderers House
Three Words
A Friendly Alien
Feet
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 1
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 2
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 3
July 15th (Thurs) Pt. 4
The Aftermath
The Killer Known as Yoshikage Kira
The Summer of 1999

A Cheated Game

2.1K 77 11
By FreeFlyer68

Once you reached Rohan's house, you handed the dice over to Josuke and rang the doorbell. Rohan opened his door and stepped out of his house, smiling, before looking behind you at Josuke. His smile turned into a frown.

    " Josuke Higashikata, and Y/n came to see me. Josuke. . .what a rare visitor. "

Rohan wore white pants with two belts wrapped around the top and bottom of his knee. His feet wore green fancy shoes and a white crop top with short sleeves. There were holes in the crop top, and the top wrapped around his throat like a turtleneck. The short sleeves revealed his shoulders, and he wore brown suspenders that were clipped to his pants but revealed his black boxers. Around his head and hair was a yellow zigzag headband.

   " Did you find any information on Yoshikage? "

   " No this has nothing to do with it. Well. . .I. . .Are you done with work today? "

   " Are you dropping off Y/n with me because you have something you need to do? If that's the case, Y/n, please come in, and get comfortable. I will make us some tea, and I can continue to teach you to paint. " Rohan said, smiling at you lightly.

   " No, it's not that either. " Josuke said glaring at the mangaka.

   " What are you planning to do then? Tell me. "

   " What should I do? Nothing can escape you, Rohan. All right. I'll tell you. "

Josuke kneeled on Rohan's steps and bowed, placing his hands on the top of Rohan's porch. You ha never seen Josuke beg so desperately, and you took a picture of it. Rohan saw you taking the photo, and he smirked.

   " Please play dice with me. "

   " Dice? "

   " I'll be honest. I don't have any money this summer. No, I have 30,000 yen left. That's all I have. However. . .If I go to the theme park once or twice and have a meal, the 30,000 yen would disappear. I wouldn't be able to go to other places or go on dates with Y/n, without her paying. In that case, I have to either earn more or just lose all of it. I want to make an exciting bet. This is what youth is all about. That's what I think. Am I right? "

Rohan thought about, before resting his head on his palm, looking down at Josuke.

   " Let me tell you straight. I've always hated you. Why should I play dice with you? "

   " You'll be able to spend some time with Y/n, and have some quality time with her in your house, while we play. "

   " All right. " Rohan said without thought.

   " You're willing to play with me? "

   " I don't hate this game. I think it's quite interesting. And I would appreciate some time with Y/n. It's been a while since she has visited me. You steal all of her time away. GO to the backyard from the side. "

   " Thank you, Rohan. "

You followed Rohan to the back of his house, and he pulled a chair from one of the other tables to another table. He set the chair down at the side of the table and glanced towards you.

   " You may sit here, dear. You can watch the game being played from the side instead of sitting on one side. "

You nodded and sat down, writing down 'thank you.' Josuke sat at one end of the table while Rohan disappeared inside and brought some paper and pencils. He drew out rules and set the page on the table.

   " You're fine with the rules, right? "

   " I'm fine with them. "

Rohan posted the rules against one of his white pillars and sat back down at the other end of the table.

   " I want to make it clear; I didn't mean it would be interesting to play the game. I was saying it's interesting to win your 30,000 yen. If you lose, I'd surely make you pay me. Even brothers have to be clear with money, Josuke.

They decided on who would go first, and it was Josuke, thanks to Mikitakazo as one of the dice. But when Josuke 'bumped his hand against the table, he mentioned how he didn't need to get a one, two, or three. But when he rolled all three dice, they showed the number six.

   " You idiot, why did you make me win so big in the first round? " Josuke yelled, standing up.

Rohan stood up, with his hands placed on the table, looking at Josuke with an awed expression.

   " Nothing, well. . .I mean why did I win so big in the first round? I got three sixes, Six Triples. It's like I'm cheating. "

Rohan smiled regretable at Josuke and handed him 10,000 yen.

   " You won 10,000 yen from the onset. Let's continue. It's my turn. "

   " I can't believe it too. I'm so lucky. "

   " I want to win back what I lost earlier. I'll bet ten chips. "

Rohan slid a stack of ten chips forward and grabbed the dice, tossing them in the small wooden bowl. But the dice landed on the exact numbers that, in the rules, said would need to be paid double to Josuke. Rohan looked down at the dice and then up at Josuke with a glare. You knew he was starting to get suspicious, and you were glad you couldn't speak because you would have told him that Josuke was cheating. Josuke reached out to take the dice, but Rohan stood up, slamming his hands on the table. 

   "  Don't touch the dice, Josuke Higashikata! "

Rohan took the bowl and started walking away with the dice.

   " Stay right there! "

Rohan took the dice bowl and walked into his house while Josuke was starting to sweat. You took out a handkerchief from your pocket, and you started dabbing his forehead. You showed him your notebook, and he began to read your message.

You're starting to sweat. Calm down a little, or he'll know that you are cheating. 

   " Right. "

Rohan walked back to the table with a magnifying glass and started to look at the dice closely.

   " What are you checking? "

   " Is it just me or is the dice really staring at me? "

Rohan observed the dice even closer before giving up and setting the magnifying glass down. Rohan added three more stacks of playing chips, and Josuke only put two chips for play. Josuke took the dice and let them fall into the cup, but they had hit the triple six again. You looked towards Rohan to see him drinking a can of something with a smirk.

   " You're going to do this over and over again, aren't you? Is it possible to roll this out continuously? So I'll raise the bet five times, right? "

Rohan brought another stack of plain chips and slid them forward.

   " I'll pay for it. Who would have expected this to happen? What can I do? "

Rohan laughed with a fake smile on his lips, and you knew that he was pissed, that Josuke was winning, and, to his knowledge, somehow cheating. Of course, Josuke replied with his fake smile.

   " You're right, this can happen over and over again. "

They both laughed, and you were very concerned about what was happening. You didn't even know what they were getting out of faking their smiles and laughing. Your concern rose as Rohan took out one of his calligraphy pens and stabbed his left pinky. You were surprised at Rohan's actions, and you stood up from your chair. Rohan was sweating and in pain, but he still glared at Josuke.

   " You--What are you doing? " Josuke yelled, standing up.

   " I don't know what trick you're playing, but I'm sure you're cheating! I won't forgive myself if I don't find out what trick you're playing! "

   " Are you crazy? "

   " You irritating little brat. Because of Mr. Joestar, Koichi, and Y/n I've always been polite to you. But you kept treating me like an idiot! I get so mad when I think of you being secretly happy at my back. "

   " Give me your hand! I'll hela you with my Crazy DIamond! "

   " Cut it out! " Rohan yelled, standing up from the table.

Rohan used his other hand to push on the table, and he knocked over a cart he had sitting beside him that he had his magnifying glass and drink sitting on. His drink spilled on the ground, and the magnifying glass, cracked but didn't shatter. You touched Rohan's free arm, feeling how tense he was.

   " Why do you think I would injure my own pinky? I did it so you never leave the game! Josuke Higashikata! How can I let a terrible person like you look down on me? "

Rohan raised his hand from the table, and his finger went through the pen before the pen got caught and flew up with his hand. The pen flew out of his hand and hit the floor. Rohan walked away from you and towards Josuke, still in pain. His finger was bleeding profusely, and you got worried.

   " We'll each roll one more time to see who's the final winner. During that, I'll figure out how you're cheating! If I can't figure it out, I'll give you 200 million. "

Rohan reached in his back pocket and threw a thick envelope on the table filled with money. You questioned why he had that much money in his back pocket, but you knew you wouldn't get an answer.

   " I shall use this money for you to heal my pinky with Crazy Diamond. But if I figure out your trick, you shall leave your pinky, Josuke Higashikata. "

You ran into Rohan's house and looked for something to help the bleeding, and you grabbed a towel running back outside. You handed Rohan took the towel from you, thanked you, and put it over his pinky. You were very concerned for the direction this was going, and you looked towards Josuke shaking your head.

   " I see you three are enjoying yourselves. "

You look outside to see Tamami Kobayashi getting off of his moped. 

   " Long time no see. I was admitted for almost a month. Although, I don't remember why it seemed like I injured my head by the road. "

   " Why are you here, Tamami? "

   " I called him and invited him here. I asked him to collect the debt for me. " Rohan said.

   " Collect debt? "

   " I will do as promised rapidly and accurately. I will use the lock that's hanging on your heart to collect the debt. No matter who wins, I will carry out my duty fair and square. The procedure fee is either an extra 20% or at least an amount of 40 million. "

   ' What the hell, Rohan! '

   " Actually, you have an option not to cheat. But I'm going to make sure that isn't going to happen. So I'm setting a rule now. If you win without cheating, then Tamami's Lock will attack you automatically. "

Tamami sat down and lit a cigarette, waiting for the game's result. Rohan sat back down in his chair and grabbed the dice.

   " Let's start with me then, I'm going to roll now. " 

Josuke sat down, but you stood up, not comfortable sitting anymore. Rohan let go of the dice, and the dice hit the bowl. Rohan stood up and looked in the bowl at the dice. When the dice settled, Rohan had four points. Josuke picked up the dice, and he looked at the dice in his palm, and you saw him flinch. You peeked over in your hand and realized Mikitaka had thrown up due to being dizzy.

   " Josuke, don't just keep the dice in your palm. I can't see them. Ley them nicely on your palm so that I can see them when you roll the dice. "

   " Is there a fire nearby? " Kobayashi asked.

   ' A fire? Oh no. Mikitaka can't stand those sirens! '

Josuke's hand started to shake due to nerves, and you saw the dice turn a little red. You felt yourself getting a little hot.

   " What are you doing? You're being suspicious. Open up your hand and let me see. "

   " I'm going to roll the dice, right now! Watch out! " Josuke yelled as loud as possible.

Josuke let the dice go, and everyone stared into the bowl, even Kobayashi. When they stopped moving, they showed a triple six. However, The Lock was not reacting.

   " The Lock isn't reacting. That means Josuke isn't cheating. Have you figured it out yet? " He asked, looking at Rohan.

The sirens started to get closer, and you saw red spots begin to bulb on the dice. Rohan's stare was harsh as he looked at the dice. Two firetrucks pulled up in front of Rohan's house, and no one else seemed to take notice, and the sirens got louder. Rohan went to touch the dice. In the bowl, MIkitaka had thrown up again, and he was forming more significant red spots.

   " I know what it is! It's on fire! Your house is on fire! " Kobayashi yelled.

You looked behind you and saw that Rohan's house was on fire. The fire consumed the kitchen and living room. When Rohan turned away to look in the house, Mikitaka started to transform.

   " It's the magnifying glass! It was caused by the magnifying glass! We were so caught up in the game that we didn't notice this in time. "

Mikitaka started to transform into his blue strands, and Josuke stood up, hugging the strands.

   " It's just a house burning down, that's nothing at all. What's more important is, I have to figure out Josuke's trick! " Rohan yelled.

   " What are you saying? Take this money and get to a safe location! "

   " We're going to get going! " Josuke yelled as he turned and started walking away; you didn't know whether to walk beside him and leave or stay with Rohan.

   " Hold on, Josuke! "

   " Before that, let me heal your pinky first. "

Crazy Diamond healed Rohan's finger, but Rohan held his wrist and glared at Crazy Diamond.

   " I never asked you to heal me. Don't run Josuke! You little bastard! "

Josuke had started to run away, and you ran with him. Mikitaka transformed back into himself and ran beside you. The fire department started to put out the fire while you three ran from the scene.

   " That was so close! But before this, I never knew that I was this irritating. "

   " Why do you look so down? Was my help not useful? "

   " Could you like, shut up! Geez. "

The group stopped running once reaching the park, and you started taking deep breaths. Mikitaka kept asking about his assistance, and he wouldn't stop asking until you told him that he did a good job.

Are you okay? You were throwing up a lot, and you were turning red from the sirens.

   " I am okay now that I am far from the sirens, and my dizziness is gone. "

Good.

   " We're going to get going Mikitaka. Stay in touch will ya? " Josuke asked, putting an arm around your shoulder.

   " Yes, I will 'stay in touch'. "

You waved goodbye to Mikitaka and walked towards your house with Josuke, walking beside you. You started writing and showed him your notebook.

That was awful, Josuke. You realize Rohan is going to hate you even more now.

   " I know, I know. I'm sorry. "

You shouldn't be apologizing to me, but Rohan. You two are constantly at each other's throats. But this time, it was too far. 

Josuke looked down, casting his eyes to the concrete walkway. Even if you couldn't speak, he hated when you scolded him because you were right most of the time. You took a deep breath and patted the back of Josuke's neck.

Let's just go back to my place, and you can make it up to Rohan on another day.

Josuke sighed and nodded. Unknown to the town of Morioh, Josuke would make up for his cheating the very next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664 69 9
He was clichéd and common, just a typical delinquent. She wasn't fazed by him. But what if that all changes because of a school project? ────────────...
5.5K 324 26
It is two years before the events of Stardust Crusaders. Aria is working under Joseph Joestar as his assistant. As a person who is dedicated to her p...
63.3K 2.1K 36
Rohan reads through y/n's life story. He reads about her adventure with the stardust crusaders and the tragedy that occurred in Egypt. Y/n was j...
55K 1.3K 59
The year is 1999. It has been ten years after the defeat of DIO in Egypt and the world has been at peace. But the journeys of the Joestar family is n...