Second Chances.

Door SakuraRamroop

It's been Five years after the war, Sakura was now a strong, independent, intelligent and beautiful woman, sh... Meer

Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eight

1.2K 56 10
Door SakuraRamroop

Being alive again was very, very strange to Neji, it seemed unreal, and somehow he felt as if he was about to wake up and all this would be a dream. He was sitting on the bed in Sakura's little office, looking out the equally little window next to the bed, watching the people down below mingle, laugh and go about their merry way, eyes seemingly unfocused.

"Hyuga."

Neji's head turned slowly to the man standing at the doorway, dressed in black like the hair on his head, Uchiha Sasuke looked more older now, his lanky limbs seemed to have filled up over the years he's been dead. He also didn't look surprise to find a very much Alive Neji sitting in front of him.

"Uchiha."

"Where's Sakura?."

Ah, Sakura, the name of his savior, the gorgeous woman who brought him back from the dead, the only one woman had the power to do so.
Neji had always respected Sakura, she was Intelligent, had a fiery temper to match that mouth of hers perfectly, her quick responses to any situation always left him impressed.

"She stepped out." He said, eyeing the man suspiciously, the last time he's heard of Uchiha Sasuke was when the man was declaring that he was gonna be Hokage.

Pfftt, how laughable.

"Stepped out where?." Sasuke asked, he came inside and closed the door behind him.

Should he tell him?. He seemed to be intrested to know where Sakura was.
"Why do you want to know?." His eyes narrowed at the raven haired man, protective instincts rearing up.
"Are you planning to hurt her again?."

Sasuke suddenly dropped into the chair it had placed conveniently at the side, a heavy sigh leaving his mouth as his shoulders slumped, he looked like a kid that got caught with his hand stuck in the candy jar.
"I'm not going to hurt her. " He murmured, a hand raising up to run down his face.
"Its... just... she brought back my brother and my cousin, why does everyone keep thinking that I want to hurt her? She gave me back my family, how can I hurt her for that? She did something for me that no one else would, I just want to thank her."

Neji was about to reply when another voice piped up before he could open his mouth.

"That's good then, because if you had wanted to hurt our little Hime, I would have skinned you alive Sasu-chan."

Both men snapped their heads towards the door, second time for Neji, to see Shisui standing there with his hands on his hips, a grin stretched across his face.
Sakura could be seen, peeking around his shoulder on her tiptoes, it was ridiculously adorable how cute she was.

"Oh." Sakura muttered, fingers tight on Shisui's shoulders.
"I thought you probably hated me."

Sasuke managed to give her the driest, most unimpressed look he could muster while still looking fond.
"How can you be the smartest Shinobi of our generation and still act like a dummy."

"Rude! Take that back Asshole!."  She exclaimed, puffing her cheeks up like an angry chipmunk which Neji just wanted to squeeze.
"I'm telling Naruto that you're being mean to me again."

"Again?." Shisui asked sharply, he somewhat had a little idea about Sasuke and Sakura's growing up.
"What do you mean again?

"Uchiha wasnt exactly nice to Sakura when we were younger." Neji added helpfully, ignoring the sour look Sasuke shot him.

"Neji, which Uchiha are you talking about here? My last name is also Uchiha." Shisui quipped, a shit eating grin on his face.

Neji however wasnt even going to fall for that and simply rolled his pearly white eyes at the elder man.
"The younger Uchiha obviously- "

"Hey, I'm young too!."

"The one who acts like an Emo three quarter of the time." Neji finished, ignoring Shisui's attempts to interrupt. He smiled however as he saw Sakura snickering behind Shisui, one small dainty hand clutching the fabric of his shirt while the other covered her mouth to keep the sound muffled.

"I do not act like an Emo." Sasuke huffed, feeling the need to get his input into the conversation seeing how it was about him.
"This is how I am."

"Yeah, you have this bitch face on constantly, change the face why don't you." Shisui, ever the smartass.
"You know if you smiled some more, girls would actually like you."

"Girls like him just fine," Sakura said with a shake of her head.
"They seemed to like the bad boy appeal."

"When he's actually a dork?."

"Shhh, dont say that outloud, someone might hear." Sakura waved a small hand in front of Shisui's face, a grin on her face.
"It'll ruin his reputation. "

"A little to late for that, isnt it?." Neji said, an eyebrow raised.

Sasuke grunted irritably.
"Would you people stop talking about me like I'm not here."

Sakura snickered, walking forward to at least pat him on the shoulder or something, before her hand could even make contact with his clothed shoulder, his arms shot out to wrap around her waist, pulling her into a hug, she grunted a bit as he squeezed.

"Thank you." Sasuke said softly, his hands tightened briefly on her body, before he pulled back and released her.

"I have been trying to talk to you and Naruto for the longest damn time." He scowled.
"And you two run away the minute you guys see me."

"Gee, I wonder why is that." Shisui snarked.

Sasuke ignored his cousin with a fierce determination, because everytime Shisui so much as opens his goddamn mouth it's a bunch of garbage that comes out.
"How..did you do it?."

Already knowing what Sasuke was referring to, Sakura smiled softly.
"A Jutsu, a forbidden Jutsu that allows me to reanimate the body of the deceased, along with the soul and move it into the body I created with my Chakra." She smiled sheepishly at him after, a nervous giggle leaving her lips.
"It completely wipes me out after thought, Sai keeps nagging at me about straining myself so much, yet when I wake up he's always there to take care of me. "

Sasuke ignored the brief flash of jealously at the thought of his replacement being so close to Sakura, he pushed it aside however not wanting to irritate the woman in front of him.

"Let's see, the first person I brought back was Shisui." She laughed as said man smacked a kiss to her temple.
"Then there was Itachi, then Konan and Deidara and lastly, Neji." She sent the brown haired man a wink to which he smiled back at her, clear fondness in his gaze.
"Shisui took most of my Chakra because it was the first time I had attempted to try something as big as that, it knocked me out for a good couple of days."

"What?." Neji and Sasuke asked, shock written clear across their faces.

"Why Is that so hard to believe, do you think bringing someone back to life is a walk in the park?." She asked, tone sassy with the whole work, hand on hips and everything.
"When I woke up, Shisui was there, waiting.".

"...Still cant believe you can do this." Neji said, his voice soft.
"I'm alive again because you made it so, Sakura you are a god sent, if I didnt consider you a sister I would have married you already."

Sakura bursted out laughing, hurrying over to the bed to throw her hands around Neji, squeezing him in a hug.
"Awww, that's sweet of you Neji, but unfortunately my hearts set on someone else."

"Its not Sasuke is it?." He asked with a slight grimace, having to say the youngest Uchiha name, Shisui snickered at him for his troubles.

"Pfft no, I have given up that stupid crush on emo boy before the war even began." She said with a bright smile.
"My heart's gone rogue. "

"Now, I'll really like to meet this guy." Shisui said, typical overprotectiveness in his voice, like didnt he know Sakura can take care of herself, she brought him back from the dead after all.

Sakura ignored his mutterings, instead turning to grace Neji with a warm smile, small hands coming up to cup pale cheeks..
"Are you ready to meet the others?."

At that, Neji made a face.

Telling Lee that she needed to speak with him and Gai-sensei was easy enough seeing how Konoha's Green Beast is always up to please, now Sakura was contemplating on how to tell Lee and Gai-Sensei about Neji.

"I can already see that brain of yours whirling." Kakashi said from his chair, nose buried in his open porn book, how the hell he could see her brain working when he hadn't looked up once!

"Shut up, I'm gonna let Gai-Sensei slobber all over you when I break the news to them."

"Heartless student, arent you." Kakashi remarked dryly.
Sakura was about to give him a peice of her mind, when the door to the Hokage's office slid open and in stepped the two Taijutsu users of Konoha.

"We have arrived, Sakura-Chan!." Lee announced loudly, like she couldnt see him right in front of her. She swore that she heard a snort from the room to the side, making a smile twitch on her lips.

"Lee, Sensei, come in there's something I have to show you guys." They quickly did as she asked, eyes bright with eager expectations on their faces.

She pointed at the door to the side of the room, watching as noth their heads turned to look at the same time.
"There's a surprise for you behind that door, you can thank me later."

Thank her? What did Sakura mean by thank her? Now Lee was confused even as he moved towards the door, Gai-Sensei right behind him.
This wasnt what he was expecting when Sakura asked to Speak to him and Gai-Sensei. However all that disappeared the second he opened the door.

Lee stumbled backwards at the sight before him, breath hitching in his throat, fingers trembling. His mouth turning dry suddenly, brain muggled and unable to form a proper thought.

"What.." Gai-Sensei trailed off, his eyes growing wide, mouth falling open. Tenten smiled at them from where she was, eyes shining with unshed tears.

"He's real."

Sakura's voice had them swallowing.
Because this wasnt right, was is?  How can someone come back-

"Are you idiots going to stand there the entire day and stare, or are you going to come Inside?." Neji snapped, getting tired of the staring his friends were doing, it was getting in his nerves.

At the sound of his voice, Lee snapped out of his sorrowful staring and launches himself into the room, aiming for the bed.

"Neji!."

Said man grunted as the weight of his teammate slammed into his still weak body, he growled as Tenten snickered besides him, not even making a move to help get Lee off.

"Oh Neji! It really is you!." Said man wailed.
"How is this possible? I cried so much at your funeral, my heart couldn't take any more."

Not giving him a chance to reply, Gai jumped in, wrapping all three of his students up in his arms.
"You're alive, how is this possible, are we dreaming?."

"I just told you idiots that this is real, why do keep asking the same stupid question. " Neji huffed, pushing at Lee's obnoxious face.
"Stop it, god damn it."

Sakura leaned against Kakashi's side, a fond smile on her lips as she watched the Team that was so brutally torn apart, reunite because of her, her will, the determination and effort she put Into the half ass baked plan she sprung up at the last second.

Maybe she really was crazy for even attempting this, but so far, the results were all worth it.

Afterwards, she explained how she brought Neji back, keeping the scroll out of the discussion, because really, there was no need for them to know, all they needed to concern themselves with wad having their beloved teammate back. The smile that Tenten sent her from over the still wailing men shoulders let her know that she knew exactly what Sakura was thinking.

Neji being alive meant informing Hinata that her cousin was inhaling oxygen once more.
Sakura's eyebrow knotted together as she thought about how she was going to get that conversation started.
Kakashi's arm tighten around her shoulder as if he could read her thoughts. Then again he was holding Lee back from slobbering her in tear and snot as he wailed his thanks across from her.

Seriously, her Family are just too Overprotective.

Personally, Sakura didnt like the Hyuga Clan, Hinata and Hanabi were the only two Expection and Neji was her absolute favorite when they were younger.
She knew that even clan had their own rules and regulations, to handle their own situations differently from others. Yet when she had learnt about the Mark of Neji's forehead, from Naruto's mouth himself, she honestly felt like pummeling them all. She still does. Its something she just couldnt forgive, she understood the punishment if the person had something to deserve it, but this was the Clan leader's nephew, his own flesh and blood yet the man branded his brother's son Like a slave. That was unacceptable in her books.

And believe her, she has read a lot of books.

"Sakura?." Kakashi called, seeing how she was spacing out even as Lee continued to cry like a little baby..
"You're quiet, what's wrong?."

She sighed, head lobbing to side and shook it silently, telling him not to worry.

She could hold back on that particular confrontation for a few days.

Three days later, Sakura was at her apartment, relaxing on a rare day off from the Hospital, she was teaching Hidan and Deidara, they have been staying with Itachi, Shisui and Sasuke since they were brought back, while Konan stayed with her, she was teaching them how to make Simple Miso Soup and Sushi so they wouldnt have to starve if Itachi or Shisui wasnt home one day, boys she tell you.

Konan, truly a heaven sent, a woman who knew how to cook, was shaping small rice balls fast and efficiently at the counter besides them. There was a pot of bubbling stew on the stove mixed with the aroma of spices and meat, Her apartment smelt like a restaurant.

"That looks kinda difficult. " Deidara was saying eyeing the way Sakura was professionally stuffing and rolling the dried seaweed, cutting it into small circles before she moved onto another one.

"Its not that hard, Dei." She said warmly.
"It doesn't have to be perfect on your first try."

"Yea, want to know what else is hard?." Hidan leered at her from where he was dutifully stirring the pot.

"No one wants to know about you Dumbass." Deidara snarled back.
"When I get this right, I'm gonna let you starve.."

Sakura and Konan shared a look, a fond twinkle in their eyes as the two men with them continued to bicker back and forth.

The door to her home was suddenly slammed open, making everyone freeze as the sound of rapid footsteps was heard.

Sakura's mind panicked immediately but before she could even move, Ino was already rounding the corner to her kitchen.

"Forehead girl~ it's been weeks since I saw you, have you been so busy that you cant even hang out with." Ino stopped the sing song tone she started with as her eyes took in the sight before her.
"..me."  She finished softly.

Sakura swallowed, somehow she knew that she didnt actually owe Ino any explanation but to have her discover just what Sakura has been up to these weeks, and such a manner...could only mean trouble.

"..Ino.."

"What the fuck is this?!." Said blonde exclaimed, face red with rage and eyes wild, gaze jumping from Sakura to the others.
"What the hell are you doing with those murderers, arent they supposed to be dead?!."

"Hit a guy where it hurts huh. " Deidara muttered, Sakura felt her lips twitch, wanting to smile but she fought down the urge, now was not the time.

"Well... they were." She began, a finger raising up to scratch her left cheek.
She and Ino were Alright, though Sakura tends to hang around Tenten and Temari a lot these days.
"I sort of brought them back?." She knew intentionally playing dumb would only add fuel to the burning fire but somehow, Sakura felt she couldnt tell Ino about this.

"What do you mean, you brought them back?!." Ino yelled.
"Did you forget that man was the one who murdered Asuma-Sensei." She said pointing a finger at the sliver haired man standing at the stove.

"I know!." Sakura yelled back
"Dont you think I know that, yet I believe everyone deserves a second chance,  when I found him he was in pieces."

"Just as he should be." Ino snapped.
"Just as all murderers should be."

"Stop calling them that!." Sakura glared
"Further more everyone of us in this room is a murderer, stop throwing that word around. "

"Oh, then are you saying that I shouldn't be angry about his death." Ino asked lowly.

Sakura let out a hallow laugh at that.
"Ino, I have basically been abandoned  by my sensei." It wasnt something she liked to remember but well, it was the truth.
"I had no one to lean against while you still had your team, mines was in pieces.  So don't come here preaching to me about this."

Ino looked so mad, her face practically burning red.
"You're telling me that you're gonna take them over me."

Sakura's nostrils flared, irritation running through her system as she tried to calm herself down.
A gentle hand was placed on the small of her back, as Deidara moved closer towards her.
"With the way you're attacking me right now, that's a yes."

Ino laughed utterly ugly at that.
"Oh, I see how it is, years of friendship thrown away because you wanna have a bunch of criminals in your life."

"Get out of my house, Ino just go." Sakura growled, pointing at the doorway.
"How dare you, even after you decided our friendship wasnt worth it because you had liked Sasuke as well and  now you wanna tell me about  friendship, Get out of my house, get out of my life until you sit now and think over what you said to me today."

Ino sneered at her.
"You think you're so mighty huh, just wait till the Hokage hears about this.".

"Jokes on you, he already knows about this, so you can take your blackmail and get out." Sakura snarled back.

Ino glared at her for a second before she whirled around and stomped out of the apartment.
As the door slammed shut, Sakura slumped against Deidara's side, a hand coming up to rub at her temples.

"Well, I certainly wasnt expecting that." Konan said, a frown on her pretty face.
"Is she always like that?."

"Believe me, she can get way more worse." Sakura sighed.
"I.. didnt think she would actually  burst into my apartment like that."

"Does she come over often?." Hidan asked, a glint in his eyes that told Sakura he wanted to give Ino a good tongue lashing himself.

Sakura shook her head, eyes tired.
"Ino's too busy chasing after some guy  to hang out with me. "As she finished her sentence,  she was engulfed in an embrace,  three pairs of arms wrapping around her frame, Sakura let herself slump into them, she was both mentally and emotionally exhausted.

Ino wanted to know if Sakura would choose them over her? The answer is Yes, because these people, even though they might not know each other that long, they care for her, and that's something she cherishes, she will not abandon them.

She knows that when Shisui and The others hear about this later they were going to throw a fit. And then there's still the situation with the damn Hyuga Clan, those old bothersome coots were going to make her even more exhausted.

She'll figure that all out a bit later, for now Sakura let herself sink into the embrace of the three around her.

For now,  she needs some rest.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

56.4K 2.1K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...
16.9K 279 17
This story Naruto uzumaki finds out the most horrible truth about his wife and friend on team7 aka sakura Haruno when he does find out he realizes ho...
135K 3.7K 12
Sasuke has returned to Konoha of his own free will. Naruto thinks that they will be like the old days. Team 7 reunited. But Sasuke has not returned a...
1.6K 38 1
⚠️trigger warning : Abused/ mental illnesses,drug and alcohol abuse included read at your discretion⚠️ Basically a long oneshot Sakura is the quiet k...