Second Marriage of a Wealthy...

By Kessho_Yuki

Author: 橘子舟 Original Title: 豪门老男人的二婚男妻 This book is also known as "Sweet Doting Second Marriage". Meng Yang d... More

CHAPTER1
CHAPTER2
CHAPTER3
CHAPTER4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER10
CHAPTER11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER14
CHAPTER15
CHAPTER16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER21
CHAPTER22
CHAPTER23
CHAPTER24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER26
CHAPTER27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER29
CHAPTER30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70

CHAPTER 41

3K 122 3
By Kessho_Yuki

Taking Meng Yang's hand, Luo Xiu slowly walked away.

"How is your friend?" Meng Yang questioned, "Why did he come here to recuperate?"

"He has a serious insomnia problem. He had taken a lot of medicines which hadn't helped and damaged his body badly. The problem got worse, his personality became irritable, he even began to hallucinate. Sometimes he couldn't differentiate if he was awake or asleep. We always knew he had insomnia, but didn't know it was so serious. He kept it secret. We only got to know when he almost got into an accident."

"Powerful directors like you who are in charge of such big companies have to bear a pressure ordinary people can't imagine. Just like your headache; your long-term sleepless work caused it. Everyone studying aromatherapy knows, although the degree will vary, eight among ten company heads have sleep problems. Many of such company heads will spend a lot of money on aromatherapy after having physical problems." Meng Yang questioned again: "So is there an effect from his aromatherapy now?"

"Several aromatherapy Masters worked together to research and dispense medicine for him. Recently, he has used essential oil massage, aroma medicine bath, fumigation, acupuncture and moxibustion. There are some effects from all of this. However, as a branch of ancient medicine, the characteristic of aromatherapy is that it works slowly. He has an impatient personality and can't let go of the company, so he can't take a good rest."

"The accumulation of time caused this problem, of course, the treatment will be slow. If they discovered the problem right at the beginning, after taking an excellent treatment, it would not have taken so long."

"He told me now he can sleep for a while at night, but he would wake up again after a short sleep, which makes him feel more tortured. I was thinking about the sleeping aid you gave me making me sleep every night until dawn, maybe you can use it on him."

"I made it specifically for you to match your physical condition. If I use it on him, it might be useful, but sometimes not. This is uncertain." Meng Yang replied.

"Why not try?" Stopping, Luo Xiu looked at Meng Yang and spoke, "Go see his condition. I'll ask him to show you his previous treatment records. If you are sure that you can cure him, I'll get him to leave here and receive your treatment. Of course, it's better to be successful, but, even if there's no effect, I have ways to make you a full member here as soon as possible."

Looking up at him, Meng Yang asked, "I thought you didn't want me to join the Aromatherapy Branch?"

"Joining the Aromatherapy Branch will have many benefits for you and you can learn a lot. Plus, the state government established the Aromatherapy Branch to supervise and train aromatherapists. To protect and support the development of aromatherapy, the government invests a lot of money every year. This is not a private domain of those old men. You can't let them decide everything just because they've been here for a long time. I can't bear to let you suffer, so I don't want you to join as a pre-member, moreover, your talent and ability are enough to become a full member directly."

Thinking for a while, Meng Yang felt that what Luo Xiu said was very reasonable. This was not a privately owned place of those old men. Why can't he study here? He wants those people to know what speaking with strength means.

"Okay, then I'll go see your friend's situation first." Meng Yang answered.

Holding Meng Yang's face in his palms, Luo Xiu kissed his forehead and after taking his hand, he moved onward.

Luo Xiu's friend was thrilled to see Luo Xiu bring Meng Yang to see him. He stayed here alone, feeling he was about to grow mushrooms. He wanted to have a friend come talk to him but knew everyone was busy, so never took the initiative to ask them to come.

After inquiring about Luo Xiu's friend, Meng Yang silently made a note in his heart, said his goodbyes and went home with Luo Xiu.

Returning to the main house, Meng Yang took Luo Xiu into his study, opened the safe, and showed him some of the books written by the Meng Family ancestors.

"I'll tell you a secret. These books about perfumery and aromatherapy by our ancestors were passed down from generation to generation in the Meng family. I treated your headaches and made Su Di wake up using the methods learned from the book."

Luo Xiu picked up a book, read the text on the cover.

"Qi Jiaxiang Ji?"

"Our ancestor's surname was Qi, not Meng. Because of his great medical skills, various forces hunted down one of my great grandfathers. He was a person who loved freedom and did not want to rely on power, so he changed his name and hid. Later, he couldn't practise medicine at all, so went back to Qi's hometown to make incense. It's just that a doctor can't hide their nature, so a lot of medicinal incense and aromatherapy methods have been developed and passed down from generation to generation."

"It turns out to be something like that." Luo Xiu nodded.

"There's a rule in our family, the contents in these books must not be circulated, and we must not let others know that our Meng family has these books, otherwise I am afraid it'll cause huge inconveniences. But... My head wasn't very good before. At that time, I told Yu Junchen about this matter and showed him the contents of two books. Probably because he is still thinking about these books, he must have not told others about this matter, but in the future, he is likely to spread on about it."

Thinking for a while, Luo Xiu replied, "It doesn't matter. We'll deal with it depending on the situation. These are things written by your ancestors and belong to only you, it has nothing to do with others. Those who are studying aromatherapy now, aren't they all learning from the predecessors?"

Meng Yang nodded. Opening a book, he spoke, "I already understand your friend's situation. There are several ancient recipes specifically for his situation in this book. Give me some time to study which one is more suitable. There are several rare medicinal materials in it. I don't have them here. Find a way to get them. If you can't, I'll try to see if I can replace them."

"Okay." Taking Meng Yang into his arms, Luo Xiu spoke, "Don't work too hard, it doesn't matter if you take it slowly."

"In fact, except for some ancient recipes that were specifically recorded because of their particularly good effects, most of the content in these books, are very esoteric and difficult to understand." Meng Yang shared his concerns with Luo Xiu: "Although I've been studying very hard, I still feel the difficulty, and it'll only become more and more difficult in the future. I am worried I'll no longer understand and comprehend these contents when I study further."

"Don't push yourself too hard. Aromatherapy is not a panacea. The Masters of the Aromatherapy Branch have more problems that can't be solved. You are still so young and being able to do this much is already great." Kissing Meng Yang's face, Luo Xiu replied, "You are so smart, put a lot of effort and hard work into your studies. You'll surely make brilliant achievements in the future. You should be more calm and confident because you are not only young but also a genius."

Feeling Luo Xiu's kisses constantly falling on his cheek and hearing his praise, Meng Yang felt his confidence gaining energy again.

"Are you confident in me?" Meng Yang questioned.

"Of course." hugging Meng Yang tightly,  Luo Xiu answered: "My headache was cured by you. You also caused the boy named Su Di to wake up. I have confidence in you not just because of my love for you, but because this is what I feel."

Luo Xiu lowered his voice and spoke to Meng Yang's ear: "You are so young, so beautiful, so outstanding. You don't know how lucky I am to have you. I think gods gave me the best and most precious reward after I experienced hardships in the past."

Listening to Luo Xiu's magnetic voice, Meng Yang felt his whole body going numb and empty. He needed something to fill him.

Luo Xiu kissed Meng Yang's lips and deepened the kiss. Wrapping his hands around Luo Xiu's neck Meng Yang kissed him back. As Luo Xiu's kiss gradually deepened further, Meng Yang raised his head and slightly opened his mouth to breathe hard, his eyes gradually becoming misty in confusion.

................................................

By the time Luo Xiu carried Meng Yang off from the desk, Meng Yang weakly collapsed in Luo Xiu's arms like a rubber baby without bones.

Luo Xiu was about to wrap him in a thin blanket, however, Meng Yang suddenly held his hand, clamped his legs tightly, and said, "Tissue..."

Glancing down, Luo Xiu took a few tissues out of the tissue box on the desk, wiped Meng Yang clean, wrapped his body in a blanket, then carried him back to the bathroom to clean.

Meng Yang would attend classes as usual. At other times, he would concentrate on studying the ancient recipes recorded in the book. Meng Yang tried to mix it several times according to the formula, and it took over ten days before he finally felt the scent of medicine he smelled was completely in line with the smell and feeling described in the book.

Afterwards, Luo Xiu went to his friend letting him know that Meng Yang had prepared some aromatic medicine for him, and wanted him to go to another place for treatment. Hearing this, Luo Xiu's friend agreed without thinking too much. It's not that he believed in Meng Yang's abilities, but he was tired of being here and had long wanted to change places. He didn't have any expectations, but as long as he could change places, no matter which friend wanted to take him away now, he would follow along.

Luo Xiu specially made time to go pick his friend up. When he finished persuading and was about to take Li Yan away, several Masters of the Aromatherapy Branch had just come to see Li Yan's situation. After getting to know that Luo Xiu was going to take Li Yan away and let Meng Yang perform aromatherapy for him, these Masters, of course, stopped them immediately, and the Vice President also rushed over after knowing the situation.

"Li Yan lived here for more than a month, your group of people researched every day but still hasn't worked out a good method to cure him. His insomnia problem is still serious. You can't cure him, but you don't want him to go. You are planning to keep him another year or two, so you can earn more from him, right?" Luo Xiu criticised in an unabashedly ironic tone.

"Director Luo, what you said is a bit too much. Director Li's problem is very serious. It's impossible to get better in a short time. Long-term treatment is necessary. It might become more effective in one or two months." the Vice President replied.

"Then don't talk about Li Yan, in the past few years, are there any examples of  these Masters curing a serious situation like Li Yan?" Luo Xiu questioned.

The Vice President thought for a while, "This..." but he really couldn't think of any.

Luo Xiu spoke mockingly: "Don't I know what the situation of your Aromatherapy Branch is? Naturally, there are people with actual skills but there are also many people who are not capable. Government invests so much money every year. People like us often give money. Originally, we wanted to contribute to the development of aromatherapy, but there are so many people who can become Masters by playing around. It's ridiculous to think about it."

With the few words Luo Xiu spoke, the faces of those Masters changed drastically.

"There's an old saying, no reward without merit* but this sentence doesn't seem to exist in your aromatherapy branch." Looking at the Vice President, Luo Xiu spoke: "Don't you have the statistics? People who get paid for their work without merit every year, how many are there? I think the statistics must be shocking."

"Director Luo, that's not the case." The Vice President tried to defend: "The development of aromatherapy is not just about..."

Luo Xiu interrupted the Vice President and spoke, "I don't care about your so-called regulations. Or how many people eat free meals by taking advantage of the loopholes. I just wanted to warn you that if you continue like this, problems will occur eventually."

"Okay, okay, brother, the Masters were kind enough to want me to stay." Li Yan persuaded him. In fact, he was very surprised because he didn't know what happened to Luo Xiu today. It was like he had become a different person, every word thorny, unlike his usual self.

Looking at the Masters again, Li Yan spoke, "Masters, I know I may not be very polite by saying this, but you see, I've been holding on for so many days, but there is still not one night I can sleep well. It's so hard to fall asleep, then it doesn't take long for me to wake up again. Such repeated waking up and going back to trying to sleep is as uncomfortable as being unable to sleep all night. And I'm bored here, I can't do anything except for practising breathing. I'm really too uncomfortable. I'm just going to change my place temporarily and adjust my mood. After a while, I'll come back and continue to bother you."

When Luo Xiu got angry, his aura was full. Those Masters didn't dare to say anything to him. Seeing Li Yan had already decided to leave, they left with their anger.

The Vice President said nothing. When Luo Xiu and Li Yan left, he politely sent them outside the gate. He didn't want to offend Luo Xiu, not only because Luo Xiu was rich but also because Luo Xiu had relationships with the people above.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 13.5K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
1.1M 27K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
3M 248K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
983K 23.6K 42
Limitied Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Wh...