Love Dearly

By wupew21

If you love someone dearly, you love them very much. Note : * English is not my mother language, expect many... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (M)
Chapter 14 (M)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (M)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Epilogue (M)

Chapter 21

1.8K 118 47
By wupew21

Jungkook threaded Chaeyoung's limp fingers through his and held her hand tightly. Then he lifted it up and kissed it. She gave birth to a baby girl. But now she's unconscious because she was losing so much blood during delivery.

“You gotta wake up for me, chipmunk. You gotta wake up for us. You gotta be alright..." He get a lump in his throat as he said that. "I can't live without you Chae, please wake up"

There was a knock on the door, and a nurse stepped inside. "Sir, you have to visit your baby"

"I’ll be back." He whispered at unconscious Chaeyoung, then bent down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips before he stood up and stepping out of the room, heading to the baby's room.

***

Hana. Jeon Hana, that was her name. Both him and Chaeyoung already prepare two names for their baby following their decision to keep the baby's gender until the baby born. She was so small, and Chaeyoung wasn’t here yet to help him do this right. What if he did it wrong? He didn’t want to hurt her..

"Just sit down in the rocker, and I’ll bring her to you all bundled up in a blanket. You look nervous, but that’s normal, especially for new daddies," the nurse said. Hana started kicking happily, and her thumb came out of her mouth, as if she was ready for this.

The nurse changed her diaper, which also looked confusing as hell, then wrapped her up tight in a blanket. When she went to pick her up, Jungkook held his breath and jumped up to put his hands under hers in case she dropped his baby.

The nurse chuckled. “I won’t drop her. I promise,” she said, smiling at his sudden reaction to seeing Hana moved from the safety of her box.

He forced himself to back up and sit down in the rocking chair.

"See how I’m holding her so I’m supporting her head? She needs that. She can’t hold her head up by herself, so you support it with your arms and hold her close to you. She needs the warmth. She also needs the bonding. You can hold her as long as you want. If you don’t feel comfortable standing up with her, you can press that button on the wall beside you, and I’ll walk you through it. You ready?" she asked.

Jungkook nodded. He had to be ready. He's her daddy.

She placed the little bundle in his arms, and her clean baby scent hit his nose. Her little eyes studied him as she gazed up at him.

"I’ll leave you two alone. Buzz if you need me," the nurse said, then left them.

Jungkook cuddled her close to his chest, and it was amazing how little she weighed. She felt like a feather. Her small thumb found her mouth again.

"I just saw Mommy. She hasn’t opened her eyes yet, but she’s going to. She wants to, because she wants to see you so much. We just have to be patient. I better enjoy this now, because once she wakes up, she may never let you go. I can’t wait to see my two favorite girls together. It’ll be the prettiest picture in the world."

Hana frowned and puckered up like she was about to cry. He wasn’t sure what to do with crying babies, but it was time he figured it out. He pulled her up higher on his chest and tucked her toward him. Then they rocked.

The motion soothed her, and the puckered pre-cry look went away. Her little eyes started to slowly close. And as if it was the most natural thing in the world, he sang to her. Every lullaby he could think of as he rocked her. Long after, her little eyes closed and she turned her face to bury it in his chest, he continued to sing to her.

A knock on the door interrupted his singing, and he looked up as Jisoo stuck her head in the room. She looked unsure, but she eyed Hana like she wanted to get a hold of her. Too bad he wasn’t handing her over.

"Everyone is already here" Jisoo said as she stepped in the room. "If you want to go back to Chaeyoung, I’ll hold Hana and stay with her. I can rock her as long as you need me to. I won’t leave her alone," Jisoo offered.

"Ok, yeah, that would be great. I don’t want to stick her back in that box and feel lonely”

Jisoo then reached for her, and he froze. She was standing up. He didn’t want anyone to stand up and hold her. It was a long way to the floor.

“What’s wrong?” Jisoo asked.

“I just... I don’t want you to drop her noona.”

Jisoo's eyes went wide, then she broke out into a huge smile. “I think I can manage not to drop her. But if it makes you feel better, you can keep your hands under her until you feel safe. I used to hold an infant, you remember I have a lot niece and nephew right?”

Jungkook nodded, so he decided to trust her. He handed Hana over to her slowly and with extreme care. When he was sure she had a good hold on her, he moved his hands under her, then stood up slowly and stayed in the catch position until Jisoo was sitting safely in the rocker.

“Success,” Jisoo said teasingly.

“Thanks for staying with her. I’ll be back later."

Jisoo nodded. “Got it. I got this. Go on, Daddy.”

And so Jungkook headed back for the ICU. Once he got there, he saw Jimin leaning against the wall near her door. Also Jungkook's parents, his in-laws, and the rest of his friend are there.

"Jungkook" his mom approaching him.

"Everything will be fine, mom" he hug her. "You should see Hana in her room. She's with Jisoo right now" he said and her mom nodded.

"She'll wake up son, don't worry" his father pat him in the shoulder.

"I know she will" his father nodded then followed his wife to the baby's room.

Jungkook approach Chaeyoung's parents. "Mom"

Her head lifted when he stopped in front of her as she was leaning on her husband. "Jungkook..." She said then start to crying again. He pulled his mother in-law into warm hug.

"She'll be okay. She's strong, remember?"

"Yes, she is." She said between her little sobs.

"Okay stop crying, she's not going to leave us yeobo" Mr. Park rubbed his wife's back.

"I'm sorry" Mrs. Park said to Jungkook as she pulled back.

"It's okay mom. You should see the baby. Her face resemblance of Chaeyoung a lot." Jungkook smile. "Stop worrying okay, I'll go back inside and make sure she will wake up for us," Mrs. Park nodded.

Then Jungkook approached Jimin, "Had something happened? What are you doing out here instead of in the room with her?"

"When I got inside, she opened her eyes and said your name, then closed her eyes again. The nurse and doctor are checking on her right now. I didn't tell them yet because I want to make sure first" Jimin pointed to all the people in the waiting room.

Jimin's words took a moment to sink in. And when Jungkook realize what he was saying, he jerked the door open to see two nurses and a doctor standing over Chaeyoung. The feeding tube in her body was gone, and so were several of the wires, but her eyes weren’t open.

“Well, hello, Mr. Jeon,” the doctor said.

“She opened her eyes?” he asked, needing them to confirm.

“That’s what Mr. Park, the younger one, said. According to her chart, it looks like there’s been some action. Now we wait. She’s exhausted, and her body will only be able to stay awake for small amounts of time. But with the proper care, I believe she is going to watch her little baby very soon”

The door opened, and Jimin came in and looked at Jungkook, then at Chaeyoung. "Is she ok?" he asked in a panic.

"Yes. Mr. Jeon is just overcome with the news that his wife will be waking up for good soon." The doctor answer for him.

"Thank God," Jimin muttered, and sank into the nearest chair, dropping his head into his hands.

“Right now, she needs her husband to talk to her. I suspect she was trying to wake up for him, and I’m sure she wants to know about their baby girl. Let’s give them some time alone,” the doctor said as he opened the door and waited for Jimin to stand up and follow.

Jimin looked reluctant to leave. Chaeyoung is like his own sister for him. “Will you send word as soon as she’s awake?” he asked Jungkook.

"Of course," he assured him.

He nodded, then followed the doctor out of the room.

Jungkook pulled a chair beside her bed and sat down. He pulled her hand between both of his and warmed it.

"I wasn’t here when you called for me. I was rocking Hana. They let me hold her. She’s as light as a feather, and she smells really good. I sang to her, and it help her fall asleep"

He stopped and brought her hand to his mouth and kissed it. "You opened your eyes before, and now you’re going to open them again Chipmunk. And you’re going to talk to me."

"Okay," The word fell from her lips in a soft whisper, and his heart leaped from his chest. Her hand moved in his and gave him a gentle, weak squeeze.

“You’re awake. You can hear me,” he said, staring in awe at her.

“Mhmm,” she said, still almost too softly. But he could hear her.

"Show me those eyes, Chipmunk. I need to see those eyes."

Her eyelashes fluttered a little, and then, as if in slow motion, they opened, and it took a moment for her to focus, but when she did, she was looking directly at him.

He stood up and bent down over her, then pressed his forehead to hers. "You did it," he said before kissing her lips. "You have to see our baby, she’s the most perfect little girl in the world. I’ve told her all about you, and she’s getting impatient to meet you."

A soft laugh escaped her mouth, and Jungkook took the first deep breath since she’d screamed out in pain in their bed. He held her close and she relaxed against him, understanding dawning. He just needed to hold her for a moment and remember she was okay.

He pulled back so he could look at her. “You scared me,” he admitted.

She gave him a sad smile. "Sorry," she whispered.

He cupped her face. "You came back. That’s all that matters. Because Hana and I need her mommy very much."

"It's a girl? I want to see her Jungkook" she asked, her whisper getting stronger.

"Wait right there. Keep those eyes open," he told her, and backed up to the door without taking his eyes off her.

She smiled at him, and he winked back.

Opening the door, he still didn’t take his eyes off her. "She’s awake and talking to me. She needs water, and we need our daughter. Someone make that happen," he called out to whoever was out there and could hear him. All the guys are there, Taehyung, Lisa, Jennie, Jin and Suga. One of them can make his requests happened.

A nurse ran up to the door immediately. Jungkook held Chaeyoung's hand as the nurse checked her vitals.

“You finally wake up. You have a lot of people very anxious and one little girl who were waiting not so patiently to see you."

Chaeyoung let out a soft laugh.

"Her doctor is on his way over right now and will want to check some things. We’ll have to ask you to step out while he does that. If he gives her the all-clear, we can possibly move her to a wheelchair and pay a visit to your baby girl. But first, the doctor has to see her."

With one last kiss to her head, he made his way back to the waiting room to tell them all that Chaeyoung was awake. Then he went to talk to the nurses if they could get Hana to her mother sooner.

***

*27/02/2022*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 8.6K 31
Rose and Jungkook are two idols that fall in love but with many complications due to schedules, scandals, and many more. Will they be able to love ea...
272K 13.6K 38
|| hiding every cloud under a smile || when there's cameras When Park Rosé, soloist of BigHit Entertainment, and Jeon Jungkook, maknae of BTS, realis...
54.1K 1.6K 12
Physical beauty is something that can arouse admiration and desire. Note : *English is not my mother language, expect many grammatical error. * My t...
99.6K 2.1K 39
Loving someone can mean only two things, you can get hurt and you can get hurt even more. Jungkook and Lisa both are living their lives separately bu...