"Real Ambition to be a Shinob...

By Legacylyric33

Naruto Uzumaki, many would argue that he is one of the strongest Shinobi to ever live! Is he really though? W... More

Chapter 1: My Eyes Are Now Open!
Chapter 2: Time to Train!
Chapter 3: Time to Keep to my Word!
Chapter 5: Traitor, Team 7 Test, and Missions!
Chapter 6: The Land of Waves Mission!
Chapter 7: Uzushiogakure and Gato, end of the Mission!
Chapter 8: Preparing for The Chunin Exams!
Chapter 9: The Chunin Exams Begin!
Chapter 10: To Save Kirigakure and the Conclusion of the Chunin Exams!
Chapter 11: Hiruzen's Last Fight and a New Hokage!
Chapter 12: The Fifth Hokage and Preparing for the Future!
Chapter 13: The Future is Looking Bright!
Chapter 14: Where the Travels Take Me... and a Reunion or Two!

Chapter 4: Preparing for Graduation and the Genin Exam!

1.4K 28 10
By Legacylyric33

Kurama: "So kid, are you almost ready for the exam? Once you become a Genin, you can finally start to let loose a bit more. Once step closer towards the Chunin exams, where you can finally reveal your true ability!"

Naruto: 'Yea, but I'll hold a few things to myself for a while. I know that I want to keep my wood release hidden for a while. Seals are great! I can't believe by altering the conversion seal and making it to a seal of "fusion". It's cool that I was able to do that, other have tried it before, but then again that was without seals, and my extremely great Chakra reserves and control. I can use Earth release and water release in each hand to effectively use wood style Jutsu.'

Kurama: "True, it is surprising. Yet, I'm kind of use to you doing amazing things by now. You have basically met every goal you've had set up until this point. You've even been able to master most of my Chakra, otherwise your greatly named KCM1. There are very few people in the village that could stop you. Maybe only a few beating you due to real combat experience."

Naruto: 'I mean I guess you're right. My abilities are way above average. Start off with the fact that in just these past two years, I can complete most Jutsu with just one hand sign. Effectively being faster than most Shinobi. I don't even need to use it for the summoning Jutsu due to my effectiveness of sealing. Thank God imagery exists, it helps so much. All I need is the chakra, one hand sign, and an image of the Jutsu. My Genjutsu is that of a Jonin, but also thanks to me being a sensor. I've developed a chakra skin that cancels all B-Rank and lower ones, leaving me to handle all those that are higher. Not to mention the fact that, I know one of the keys to beating most Genjutsu are based around Chakra. Being a sensor is wonderful, they can trick my mind, eyes, even senses. But what you can't trick is my ability to read chakra, you can't fake that! Not to mention that my Taijutsu and Ninjutsu are that of an Elite-Jonin. Kage with certain Jutsu. Then, I am of course almost a master, in both Fuinjutsu and Kenjutsu. All I have to do now is develop my own full kata set and get it approved by two masters. It's hard, become a be a real master in both, because it's almost impossible. I can't believe that I need 3 S-rank ninja to approve of my-self created S-rank seal before I can proclaim myself a master. I mean I guess I could use the palm seals... no, this is staying my secret for now, plus I have so many ideas for seals of an S-Rank caliber.'

Kurama: "I understand that. I say keep this to yourself. If people knew of it and were able to meet the requirements to use it. People would essentially be able to create combo moves, or even bloodline techniques if they practice enough. You could essentially create more techniques yourself. If you utilized water and air, instead of earth. You might one day be able to produce ice. That use of transferring your chakra to that element, could also not just work on your palms but in scrolls. If you take away the fusion part. Also, that would mean th-

Naruto: *looks of disappointment* "...."

Kurama: "Which of course you already knew about... I'm done. Now, get to class you have only two weeks until the graduation test. Hopefully, these last two weeks won't bore you too much. Have fun."

Naruto: *fades out of his mindscape and raises his head, just in time to see some people walking in* "Hey Shika, Choji, Sasuke."

Sasuke: "Hn." *Sits down behind him*

Shikamaru: "Sup Naruto, you're here early." *Sits down and places his head into his elbows on the table*

Choji: *eating chips* "So did you all eat breakfast today, it gives you energy you know?"

Naruto: "Yes Choji, I just don't think chips are a good source of nutrients to be considered breakfast."

Choji: "Well, whatever, I like 'em."

Shikamaru: "So Naruto, where have you been? Outside of class, we haven't had any time to hang or play shogi."

Naruto: "Oh, I've been training and looking up new information that I didn't have before. But now I'm done, Let's play today after school. Maybe we can even train a bit, with some shuriken and kunai throwing. Since you seem to lack at that the most Shika." *Smiles sweetly* 

Shikamaru: *looks up depressed* "Troublesome blond." *And puts his head down accepting the plan for today after school*

Naruto: "Sweet! Choji, Sasuke, want to join us?"

Sasuke: "Hn."

Naruto: "You know, it's weird that I can understand that. So basically, you'll show up if you feel like it. Good to know. Choji?"

Choji: "I'll have to ask my dad, he said something to me about training this morning, but I couldn't hear him."

Naruto: "Cool, *hears waves of footsteps and voices* talk to you guys later." *Puts his head down as well*

(Naruto's Pov)

Iruka sensei explains to the class that our graduation test is right around the corner. He looks at all of us and begins to ask us questions.

Iruka: "Okay class, I'm gonna ask you questions retaining to the graduation exam. That way you all know what you're gonna have to be prepared for in 2 weeks. Can anyone name the three Jutsu that will be asked for you to perform in order to pass the practical portion?"

(Kiba/Ino/Shino/Sasuke/Sakura/ raise their hands)

Iruka: "Kiba?"

Kiba: "Uh... the Clone Jutsu, the Substitution Justu, and the Transformation Jutsu?!"

Iruka: "Correct. Now, what will the written exam be covering?"

(Sakura/Ino/Shino raise their hands)

Iruka: "Ino?"

Ino: "The written exam will be compromised of a broad of things that we covered in class. Such as Chakra and things involving it. The different type of shinobi there are, the basics of being a shinobi and the procedure one should know before missions. Such as plant types, hunting and fishing knowledge, as well as some basic form of direction and knowledge about how nature acts."

Iruka: "Great, but also some history of Shinobi and the lesson of how we work within the Land of Fire."

(Some people begin to take some notes)

Iruka: "Alright, now for the physical portion of your exam, can anyone tell me what that will consist of?"

Naruto: 'This is the one thing I hate about the way the academy operates, there is absolutely no mention to Fuinjutsu or seals. Besides the brief mention that it's how paper bombs and scrolls work. Ugh, reminder to self, talk to gramps soon about that.'

Iruka: "Anyone?"

(Shino raises his hand)

Iruka: *sees this and calls on him*

Shino: "I believe we will have a final test for throwing kunai and shuriken. As well as having one more Taijutsu bout against the proctor?!"

Iruka: "Very good Shino. Naruto, Shikamaru, heads up now!"

Shikamaru and I look at each other and raise our heads at the same time.

Both: "Yes sensei."

Iruka: "Did you guys get all that?"

Both: "Yes sensei."

Iruka: "Alright, let's open your herbology books to the final chapter. Today we will be discussing the list of known poisonous herbs growing around Konoha."

We all open our books and soon enough the class time begins to tick away. Then the bells rings. I get pack up my books and shake Shikamaru awake.

Naruto: "Let's go lazy, time to train your brain and throwing skill."

We arrive at Shikamaru's house and head to the back yard. We start throwing Kunai and Shuriken at targets. I of course don't show my true skill and only land about 10 of the 200 we plan to throw directly in the center. I get so tempted to add wind chakra to it and watch it go through the target, rock wall, and the fence. Ultimately, I decide not to do so. After about 200 hundred Kunai and Shuriken thrown. Shikamaru's mother calls us both in for dinner. I sit down at the table with Shikamaru after washing our hands. His mother then appears from the kitchen.

Yoshino: "Here is dinner boys. Hope you don't mind, but it's pork and rice with a side of steamed veggies."

Both Nara's: "....Again."

Yoshino: "Yes." *smiles*

Naruto: "Thank you for the meal, Lady Nara. It is a great nutritious meal, which these two should appreciate more."

Yoshino: "Thank you Naruto!"

Soon after we finished eating me and Shikamaru go and play a few rounds of shogi. Of course, I win, I can't give up my new undefeated record just yet. After our game, I head home and begin my nighttime workout routine. After my routine, I get in the shower and switch into my pajamas. Once I get on my bed I stare at the picture of mom and dad, followed by drifting to sleep.

(2 weeks later/ Graduation Day)

Kurama: "Today is the day kit, you ready?"

Naruto: 'Yes, I just don't want to show off yet. I'll just do moderately good. Hoping to land in the middle somewhere. Since I'm not a Genin yet, the council could still cause me and gramps issues. Then again, soon enough they won't be an issue.' (Walking to the classroom)

Kurama: "Well good luck kit, enjoy being average, I guess. Talk to you tonight when we work on your new sealing idea."

Naruto: 'Thanks Kurama, talk to you soon.' *Walks into the classroom and takes his seat*

Iruka: "Alright now that everyone is here, we can begin. Beside me is our other proctor for the exam, and your combat instructor Mizuki. First off is the written exam. You guys have the whole school session to finish and graduate. You'll take the other tests in the order in which you finish the written portion. We will call you into the room adjacent to this to have you preform your Jutsu. After everyone has gone, we'll go outside and complete the physical portion. *Begins handing out the test* Please do try your hardest and do answer every question even if you don't know it, maybe you'll get lucky."

I look around me and see people begin writing their names and answering questions. I look at the exam and begin to follow their example. I decide that I'll take at least a minute on each question. *Ruffles through to the last page* In which there are 75 questions. Soon after I answer the last question, and after waiting to see that at least two people have finished. I get up and bring it to Iruka sensei.

Iruka: "Are you sure your done Naruto, once you hand it in? There will be no changing your answers."'

Naruto: "Yes Iruka sensei. I am definitely handing it in. I think you'll be surprised by how well I did."

Iruka: "Okay, that's fine. Muzuki, please watch over the rest of the class. I'll take Shino, Sasuke and Naruto to the other room to administer the practical. Boys please do follow me." *Heads out of the classroom and down the hall*

(Naruto, Shino, and Sasuke follow Iruka, until the reach a door)

Iruka: "Okay so who wants to go first?"

Naruto: "I'm fine with not going first, if one of you wants to go first."

Sasuke: "Thanks dobe, sensei can I be the first to go?"

Iruka: "Shino, not wanting to go first at all?"

Shino: "It doesn't matter to me either way. I would go second if you don't mind *Looks to his right* Naruto?"

Naruto: "Sure, I'll go last. You know what they say, save the best for last!"

Iruka: "Alright, let's go do your test Sasuke."

With that they both left the hallway, leaving me and Shino to talk. He told me a lot about his clan and bugs in about 5 minutes. Surprisingly a talker for someone that's usually so quiet. I listen to all he says, and I realize what kind of team he might end up on. 'Knowing gramps, he'll probably do the old way of grouping us. Meaning.... Ino-Shika-Cho formation is a must. Then that must also mean that there has to be a tracking team, for those that get lost or go missing on missions. From the class, the team would be Hinata, Kiba and Shino obviously. I know that from the other class the only worthy shinobi are Rock Lee, Tenten, and Neji Hyūga. They will most likely be partnered up due to their time spent in the same class. That team is probably the one with the most variety. Rock lee having only Taijutsu, Tenten being only great at Shirukenjutsu, and lastly, Neji having the Byakugan as well as being all around fighter. Wait, that leaves me with Sasuke and....Sakura. This will be hell for me, I ju-"

Shino: "Hey Naruto, it's my turn for the test, thanks for listening and talking with me. Most people don't because of the bugs. See you when I'm done."

Naruto: "Good luck Shino!"

I see Sasuke at the end of the hall, he turns around and looks at me before going into the classroom. I read the look as meaning, 'I aced that test, Dobe. Bet you can't do better.' I sit and breathe in come to realize just how lucky I am. Sasuke is actually quite mellowed out since we talked a year or so back. I just hope he can stay this way. Soon enough, Shino and Iruka come out of the door.

Iruka: "Good job Shino, tell Mizuki to send the next three after Naruto returns as well. Naruto are you ready?"

Naruto: "Of course!" 'You have no idea."

Iruka: *sits at his desk* "Okay Naruto, the first Jutsu that you need to preform is the Substitution Jutsu. Please show it to me."

Naruto: *looks around and see a plant in the corner of the room then begins his Jutsu* "Yes sensei. (Ram-Boar-Ox-Dog-Sanke) Substitution Jutsu!" *Appears in the corner and the plant appears in front of Iruka* "Cool I did it, did you see Iruka sensei. I'll be the best ya know!"

Iruka: *jotted it down* "Good job Naruto, come on back over to perform the next Jutsu."

Naruto: "Okay. *Walks over and takes his position again* What's next sensei?"

Iruka: "The next one is the Transformation Jutsu, please give it a go." 

Naruto: 'I wonder if I should freak him out a bit... yea sounds fun.' "Here I go! *Makes hand signs* (Dog-Boar-Ram) Transformation Jutsu." (When the smoke dissipates, this is what Iruka sees)

Iruka: *eyes widen* "L-Lord F-Fourth is it yo-... Naruto how do you know this person There are barely any pictures of Lord Fourth anywhere. Besides the mountain and in one of the history books, you should be able to know what he looks like. S-so how?"

Naruto: "Sorry. but that's an S-rank secret. But if you try hard enough, you'll figure it out. *Transforms back* So, can we get to the last one?"

Iruka: *still shocked* "Y-yes. Um, it's the Clone Jutsu. I hope that you practiced enough, if you can't make a solid good clone, like as in class, then I won't be able to pass you."

Naruto: "... Of course... but I do have a question. I figured out that I have high chakra reserves. So, I can't really do the Clone Jutsu no matter how little Chakra I use. So, can it be any type of clone?"

Iruka: "Hmmm... I've never been asked that before...*pulls out the academy rule book and skims to the graduation requirements* I don't see why not. It states that in order for one to graduate the academy, one must be able to create at least one perfect-looking clone. I guess show me what you've got."

Naruto: "Sweet! MULTI-SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!" *Suddenly two perfect copies of Naruto appear, one on each side of him* 

Iruka: 'Shadow clones, that's extremally advanced techniques most Chunins can't even do it. Plus, not many can actually possess the charka to make more than 3. Naruto just made two perfect ones and he doesn't even seem effected by it. No sign of chakra exhaustion. Holy hell... wait where did he even learn it?' "N-Naruto where did you learn this, it's been forbidden and only talked about. No one even knows the hand signs anymore. If I did know the, I'm sure that I could only make 1 Shadow Clone. Which is only with not using a Jutsu beforehand."

Naruto: "Oh, old man 3rd gave it to me to learn once I told him about my problem with the Clone Jutsu." 

Iruka: "Well, that's great. You have done a good job with the practical Naruto. You can head back, oh and please have Mizuki send back the next group of three."

Naruto: "I will, see you soon Iruka sensei."

I head back towards the classroom, and when I get in, I let Mizuki sensei know about sending the next batch of students in. When I looked at him, he had that same look that the villagers give me. A sneer and a glare full of hatred was written on his face, but it was quickly replaced by a smile.

Mizuki: "The ones who finished, numbered 4-6 may now head down the hall to do their practical with Iruka."

As soon as I get to my desk, I lay down to take a short nap. About an hour or so later, I am woken up by Shikamaru. he signals me to follow, and we soon reach the outside training grounds for practicing our Shurikenjutsu. Once everyone has gone, Mizuki sensei calls me up and hands me 10 shuriken and 10 Kunai. I see that they have been dulled down. Instead of complaining I just throw them with a tiny bit of chakra on only the tips of the blades. I make sure to land 7 of the shuriken in the center circle, missing the small bullseye, and land the other three in the second big circle. I see that this pisses off Mizuki sensei, but he hides it well. Ever since he started helping Iruka sensei 2 years ago. I noticed that his Chakra was a bit off putting, always getting an ominous feeling from him. I grab my Kunai and just do the exact same thing. I come to the conclusion that it's just Mizuki that is messing with my test. I'll have to deal with that later. I made sure to fall in the middle of my class. Seeing as, Sasuke, Shino and Sakura all did "better" than me for this part. Of course, I tied with Shikamaru and Choji. Soon, enough we all take a break to rest. After about 10 minutes Iruka sensei calls us to attention.

Iruka: "Alright everyone listen up. We will now be heading over to the Taijutsu arena, where you will be fighting one of us. This will be graded differently; we will grade you on how well your Taijutsu is against us. We of course will be holding back as to not hurt you, but you are to get at least three well deserved hits on us to pass. We know what it takes to be a Genin, you have to show us that you want it. Now, let's make our way there, follow us."

Soon enough we arrived to the Taijutsu arena. I watch as my classmates get called up one by one. Some of the few civilian families' kids didn't do so hot. I sit down to talk to Kurama, since I know I have a bit before I get called on last.

Naruto: 'Hey Kurama, what you up to?'

Kurama: "Not much, I was enjoying my nap. How's the tests going? I haven't had a chance to peek in today."

Naruto: *sits down and crosses his arms* 'It's going really good, except I'm pretty sure Mizuki sensei is up to no good and trying to make me fail. I also sensed it again today, like something is gonna happen, and it's involving him. I'll be following him after class into the night.'

Kurama: "Considering all the sneaking around you do, it should be a piece of cake. Have fun... oh yea, before you go. I was wondering, what are those on back of your hands?"

Naruto: *sly smile* 'Oh, so you just noticed. I've had this going for 2 months now, though I do understand, they are really visible now. Well, they are essentially a seal designed to cancel out/ seal a person's Dojutsu. I have made this seal by creating it and calculating how much Chakra it would take to seal. This mark holds both the Chakra and the seal, all I have to do is place my palm over some one's eyes or on their head. Poof! No more Kekkei Genkai for them.'

Kurama: "You're really scary you know that?!"

Naruto: *sweetly smiles* 'I have no idea what you mean?!'

Kurama: 'Father, and this is the beast you've chosen. I wonder when you'll be visiting this little one.' "Yea yea, now bug off, they're calling for you."

Naruto: 'Oh shoot!' *Fades out of the mindscape and opens his eyes*

Iruka: "Naruto, it is your turn! Let's go, you're the last one, so make it count."

Naruto: "I will, who will I be sparring against?"

Mizuki: *places a hand on Naruto's shoulder* "That would be me Naruto. now let's head over to the arena, shall we?"

Naruto: "Sure thing Mizuki sensei, just don't be mad when you get shown up by me!"

Mizuki: *grins* "I hope you can back that up Naruto!"

Iruka: "HAJIME!"

I get in my stance. (Which is one arm extended, palm extended sideways facing your opponent. While your other hand is inwards, resting near your chest palm facing in. Followed with your legs doing the same one out one in, depending on how you wish to move it can be the same side as the arms or the opposite. While fighting using Calming River Fist, one is to always stay in motion after moving. Either in defense, offense or movement. The style consists of always keeping your opponent at arm's length and circling them as if you were a whirlpool. With them being caught in it. The technique is about fluid and strong hits, always keeping your opponent one their toes, so they get sloppy. The defense is quite similar, as you can switch the hand back and forth, crossing them over to create almost like and imaginary whirlpool in front of you, while keeping the movement flowing.) Suddenly, Mizuki sensei rushes, me a front kick. I time it and slide under him real low, spinning as I get just under him on my knees. Keeping one foot on the ground. This allowing me to kick off and send a punch right to his face when he turns around.

Mizuki: "Agh, shit" *jumps back*

I move with him, sending a flurry of Genin level kicks his way. He begins blocking them. I telegraph a high kick going to his face. He turns around with a spinning kick, to hit me. Luckly, seeing this coming, I slouch down a bit and bock it with my right shoulder and right hand. 'That was certainly not the strength one should use on an academy student, but what do I know' I then lift it up and throw it slightly so he's off balance and give him a taste of my right spinning kick to his right ribcage. (Left on my view) He slides off to the side and backflips holding his ribs. I quickly rush him for my final attack. I send a bunch of academy taught combos his way. He continues to dodge until I give him an opening, in which he begins an offensive strike on me. I parry the punches and spin off the kicks. Soon I see him lose all control in his anger and rage for getting his ass handed to him. He rushes me, full force speed and grab my arm. He grabs it and twist it to break it. So, I front flip and get a position as I feel him begin to put pressure. I land and grab his wrist in which he using to grab me, and I put it with my other hand as well and throw him over my shoulder. When he lands on his back, he gets up quickly with an angry scowl ready to attack again. Before either of us can say anything, Iruka sensei chimes in.

Iruka: "Alright that's enough. Mizuki, please calm down. Naruto, good job. Go and join the others, we'll be heading back to class and waiting until the bell rings."

Mizuki: *adjusts himself and calms down, with a smile* "Sorry about that, good spar Naruto. You did great!"

Naruto: "Thanks sensei!" *Heads back over towards the class* 'You bitch. You're lucky I have to keep up this act or I'd put you down!'

After I reach the class, some of them say that I got lucky, while others are just silent. Shikamaru and Sasuke are the only ones that say something. 

Sasuke/Shikamaru: "Nice job Dobe/ I knew you could do it Naruto. *Sly smile, knowing that Naruto was somehow still holding back* (thinking of all the possibilities of just how strong Naruto really is).

Naruto: "Thanks guys."

Iruka: "Alright everyone inside. As it is our last day, all of your parents will probably be picking you up. Enjoy your last full class time in this classroom, before the final team announcements."

Naruto: 'Man this suck, I really don't feel how I used to, now that I know my parents and all. it just sucks that they all get to leave by being picked up and seeing their parents' proud faces and getting to answer the questions they have.'

Suddenly, I see parents one by one come in and get their kids. I eventually am the only one there as, Shikamaru's dad just came and got him. They asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner with them, but I said that I had something planned at home already. I get up and see Iruka sensei grading our tests. I go over to him to thank him.

Naruto: "Hey sensei?"

Iruka: "Yes Naruto?" *While still looking down grading the paper* 

Naruto: "I just want to say thank you for still treating me like a normal kid even though you hate me."

Iruka: *Looks up* "Naruto, I do not hate you."

Naruto: "I'm a sensor, I can tell that you do, or at least you did. It's more of a slight resentment or annoyance. I'm not really sure."

Iruka: "You know, I'm a sensor too. But do remember that sensors, that aren't overly experienced often can't tell what those emotions are about. My resentment is towards how I use to treat and look at you, the annoyance is within myself for not remembering the difference between a Kunai and the scroll its kept in. I don't hate you Naruto, truly I see myself in you. I used to act out to gain people's attention when my parents died. I know the pain that you're going through. That smile whether fake or not, is still covering a bit of pain, isn't it?"

Naruto: *slight tears in his eyes* "Y-yea."

Iruka: *gets up and hugs Naruto* "No matter what happens, stay true to who you are. You have those you want to protect, a goal, friends, loved ones. They can't make the pain disappear, but they can make it fade. I'll always be here for you Naruto, as your sensei. *Breaks the hugs* How about tomorrow, I treat you to Ichiraku ramen for lunch?"

Naruto: *wipes his eyes* "Yea, that sounds good!" *Suddenly feels another Chakra nearby* "Gramps?!"

Hiruzen: *steps into the doorway* "You know for a sensor; it sure took you a while to know that I was there."

 Naruto: "That's not fair, God of Shinobi, you hide your Chakra better than most, plus I was emotionally vulnerable. Doesn't count, plus I wasn't even searching for it. Not my fault." *Sticks out his tongue*

Iruka: *kneels* "Lord Third, what are you doing here?"

Hiruzen: "I'm here to pick up my Grandson, isn't that right Naruto."

Naruto: "Ha! Told you you'd call me that one day gramps!" *laughs*

Iruka: "Ah, I see. Well, you can head out now Naruto. I'll see you on Monday for team rosters."

Naruto: *goes over with Hiruzen towards the door* "See you later Iruka sensei, don't forget to bring you wallet tomorrow for ramen. 1 o'clock sharp." 

Iruka: *chuckles* 'There goes my money!'

(Naruto follows Hiruzen until they reach the Hokage's training grounds)

Naruto: "What are we doing here gramps?"

Hiruzen: "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to fight a bit?"

Naruto: "Against you?"

Hiruzen: "Yes against me."

Naruto: "I feel like it's a loaded question, because my answer is both yes and no."

Hiruzen: "Well I basically guessed that. It's more for my sake. Reason one, to shake off the rust a bit. Two, is to see where you are, a general baseline if you will. Not everything you got, because I am in no way prepared for that. But don't fail to surprise me, okay?" *Jumps back and gets into a fighting position, reminiscent to that of a monkey*

Naruto: "Oh shoot, you were serious! *Gets into Calming River Fist*

Hiruzen: "Ah I see, the Uzumaki Taijutsu. Really hard to defend against, unless you know it's movements, but even then, it's tricky. Not bad." *Rushes towards Naruto, moving Jonin level speed*

I instantly put up my guard and block it, sliding back a lot. 'Honestly thought we were gonna start at Chunin level speed, guess he knew I was probably above that already.' I gather myself and rush in matching the speed he gave. We throw combos and kicks, grappling each other and flipping the other away. We continue to have a bout of parries, hits, and blocks for what seems like forever. At least until gramps speaks up.

Hiruzen: *slides back after blocking the hit by, not standing strong and allowing to himself to fly back* "So, at least I know that you can keep up with a Jonin's Taijutsu for more than five minutes. How about we get creative and test your Ninjutsu, show me what you got! FIRE STYLE: ASH PILE BURNING JUTSU!" 

Naruto: "EARTH STYLE: EARTH FLOW RIVER JUTSU!" 

(3rd Person Pov)

Naruto see the ash like cloud appear all around him. As he releases his Jutsu, he sees the spark ignite. Now using the Earth Style: Head-Hunter Jutsu, Naruto travels under the mud and gets behind Hiruzen. While traveling Hiruzen used, Earth Style: Earth wall to make himself a platform. Suddenly, Naruto pops out behind Hiruzen.

Naruto: "WIND STYLE: DIVINE WIND!" 

With this Hiruzen gets blown away, as he is flying through the air her aims towards Naruto, getting ready to release a Jutsu.

Hiruzen: "FIRE STYLE: DRAGON FLAME BOMB!"

Naruto sees a large dragon head made of fire being launched at him. Knowing by the name that it can probably be blown up. He decides to release a Jutsu that can be used to defend and then go on the offensive.

Naruto: "WATER STYLE: TWIN WATER DRAGON JUTSU!"

Hiruzen: 'Holy shit he's amazing, I've got to be ready for the second dragon head though.' 

One of the dragons of water meet with the dragon head of fire, which causes a huge thing of steam to shoot out in directions. The second water dragon makes its way towards Hiruzen. As the dragon is almost there, Hiruzen lets out a Jutsu made to stop water Jutsu. 

Hiruzen: "FIRE STYLE MAGESTIC FLAME JUTSU!"

Now while Hiruzen was using this Jutsu, he lost sight of Naruto because of the steam. He watches as his fire collides with the water dragon. A little more vapor fills the air, when suddenly he hears the ground breaking beneath him. So, he then begins to jump away, but is shocked caught by something.

Naruto: *below Hiruzen, making the ground break apart* "WOOD STYLE: BINDING BRANCH JUTSU!

Hiruzen: *sees that he's caught in wooden branches, and absolutely shocked* " N-Naruto t-this is the Mokuton! How are you able to use it, are you somehow secretly a Senju?"

Naruto: *laughs* "No, nothing like that, but one could wish. Truth, I used my SS rank Secret. At around level 6 in Fuinjutsu, there was a conversion Jutsu, which piqued my interest. I wanted to see if I could change its use. That from water to alcohol, paper to money, so I decide to see if I could tamper and change the seal to make it so the Chakra could be seen as a specific nature.  From there the seal, converts my Chakra in my left hand to that of Earth, and the right to that of Water. The seal that I have produced for it, also entails the ability of fusion with a lot of tweaking. So, since I once read, that others have tried the same. Except within their bodies, without seals. I realized that they probably didn't have the right amount of Chakra to do so, as well as not being able to fully fuse their Chakra natures all at once. Eventually, this is what I was able to get!" *Releases the wooden branches holding Hiruzen*

Hiruzen: "Naruto, do you know what this means? Mokuton is finally back within the leaf. I wonder how she would react... never mind that. So, it seems you one. Though we were both holding back, right?"

Naruto: "Oh yea, I didn't even crack the surface yet."

Hiruzen: 'Holy shit, if he's not lying, I might be beaten by a Genin. He hadn't even used Fuinjutsu yet, nor anything else he might have up his sleeve. I'd be excited for another fight at full power, but that's only if I was 30+ years younger. Old age sucks!' "Well Naruto, now that that's done, is there anything you wanna do?"

Naruto: "Oh yea. *Gets serious* I need to inform you of certain shinobi who might be making plans for tonight, treason worthy plans"

Word Count: 5589

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 8K 25
READ THE TAGS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!! YOU HAS BEEN WARNED!!! What if Naruto successfully defeated Sasuke before he went to Orochimaru? What if Sasuke t...
2.1K 45 6
I don't own Naruto or it's characters. This fanfic will not follow the cannon. At the age 4 Naruto Uzumaki was brutally attacked by mob and left to d...
159K 2.9K 57
"I have found you to be worthy of being my successor." Naruto Uzumaki was a boy who was snubbed and looked down upon for his entire life. For him to...
279 10 3
In this alternate version of Naruto, he diverges significantly from the original character we know. This Naruto is mature beyond his years, possessin...