š€š‹š‹ š“šŽšŽ š–š„š‹š‹ || š“ļæ½...

By lovegxds

š’Šš’ š’˜š’‰š’Šš’„š’‰ š’•š’‰š’† š’…š’†š’—š’Šš’ š’‡š’‚š’š’š’” š’Šš’ š’š’š’—š’† š’˜š’Šš’•š’‰ š’‚š’ š’‚š’š’ˆš’†š’ š­š”šØš¦ššš¬ š¬š”šžš„š›š²... More

ALL TOO WELL
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN

FIVE

766 22 0
By lovegxds

Sadbh was absolutely wrecked as she made her way to work. The boys had had some sort of bonfire and although she herself hadn't bothered to go down, Finn had called and clamoured for Fiadh to be let go. She had obliged, and so stayed up waiting for Fiadh to come back. She worried far too much about that child. It was probably unnecessary, but she couldn't lose anyone else.

She arrived on into the Garrison. It was herself and Grace on that day. She preferred working with Harry, but Grace was grand as well. As long as the topic of Ireland's freedom (or lack thereof) didn't come up, that was. "And how's the singing Galwegian today?" Sadbh smiled, as she made her way in. Grace greeted her.

Sadbh was emptying out the buckets later on, when Thomas went past. He gave her a tight smile "How's the face?" "Christ, first Rua, now you. Has anyone thought ye it's not polite to comment on a girls appearance." He looked at her blankly. "Jesus, tough crowd you lads are. It's grand, Pol was only making a fuss the other day. He only gave me a tap really." He looked at her in disbelief. The bruises she was sporting said otherwise. "You haven't forgotten the job, have you? Don't go getting that pretty face anymore banged up, else I'll have to give you the sack." She laughed dryly, and he made as if to go on his way.

"Tommy" she called "You said there was to be no singing. As part of our deal, I'd like there to be one night a week where there can be singing. Just on Saturday nights, I think it would be good for everyone. It cheers them up a bit." He nodded, mounted the horse, and rode off.

: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Grace, I've done a bit of negotiating. Singing will be allowed. Just on Saturday nights, mind you. But still, it'll  be good craic all the same." Grace smiled at her "And how did you manage that, pray tell?" She smirked "I have connections. Easy to do stuff when you have connections." She didn't miss the flash of curiosity in the other girl's eyes "With the Shelby's, you mean? How does someone like yourself connect with the Shelby's?"

She didn't miss Grace's snooty tone, but chose to ignore it. "Oh just through family. My brother is good friends with John. They're very close really. So I just kind of became friendly-ish with them all through him." Grace nodded, looking slightly pensive. She opened her mouth to ask another question, but had to serve someone, and never got around to it.

  : *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

When her shift was over, Sadbh was delighted to stumble upon Ada, who was on her way to the pictures and invited her along. The girl seemed slightly antsy, but Sadbh didn't question it. They giggled and talked about old times, as they waited for the film to come on.

Sadbh was mesmerised by the big screen. It was a wonder that people could make it happen. She didn't really understand the mechanics behind it, but nonetheless was grateful for whoever did, as she munched on popcorn and watched the film.

She looked back in surprise, as the door opened to reveal Tommy. Judging from Ada's body language, she knew exactly why he was here. Sadbh shot her a questioning look, to which Ada replied "Later. No time to tell you now."

He plonked himself down beside Ada, and asked her to tell him the man's name. Sadbh was lost. What man? "Rudolph Valentino" was Ada's reply. This caused Tommy to get back up and walk out.

"The fuck?" Sadbh questioned her friend. "I'm pregnant. It's Freddy Thorne's. Don't tell anyone, okay." Sadbh inhaled sharply at the revelation. Ada, pregnant? That explained Tommy's anger.

The room erupted in complaints as the picture flickered, and the lights came on. It was obviously Tommy's doing. Both girls let out a sigh. The order for everyone to get out caused Sadbh to stand up, but Ada grabbed onto her and pulled her back down. "Don't you dare leave me." Sadbh reluctantly nodded. Avoiding eye contact with either of the siblings, she suddenly found the floor very interesting.

As Tommy stormed off after Ada told him, the girl shouted at the worker to put the film back on. Sadbh shifted uncomfortably in her seat, not knowing what course of action to take. She decided to simply stay seated, glancing at Ada and deciding she didn't want to talk at that moment.

After the film ended, Sadbh brought Ada back to her place. Fiadh was off up the stairs after seeing the look Sadbh shot at her. A few cups of tea later, Ada was crying softly in Sadbh's arms. The younger girl simply hugged her friend, trying to comfort her. Ada wanted to keep the baby, and although Sadbh didn't think that was the best idea, she gave her friend her full support, knowing it wasn't her place to tell her what to do.

  : *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Sadbh was the last one left in the Garrison, she was meant to close up for the night. She was cleaning glasses, there was a massive bang on the door. She nearly jumped out of her skin, and wearily got up to open the door. She peeked out, making sure it wasn't some man trying to kill her or something. She sighed, slightly out of relief, slightly in annoyance when she realised it was Tommy Shelby.

She opened the door, and he stepped in. "We're actually closed now Tommy. You can come in for a minute though, I'm just —" He held a hand up to stop her "Just get me a drink." She gave him a look, and he rolled his eyes "Please." She nodded and served him.

"Would you prefer to be left alone, I can go to the back of you want?" He shook his head "I came here for company. Where's Harry, or Grace?" She feigned shock "Am I not good enough for the Tommy Shelby?" He stared blankly.

"They're both off. Haven't a notion where Grace is. Harry went to the pictures." He let out a sharp laugh at the "The fucking pictures, eh. Tell me, did you know about Freddy and Ada, Sadbh?" She shook her head vigorously "No, I swear. I only found out when you came in the other day." He nodded, but she wasn't sure if he believed her, so she wanted to move on swiftly, not knowing whether he'd push her for more information.

"So, how's your beautiful horse you had the other day?" "I just put a bullet in it's head." "Jesus", she gasped "Was he lame?" "No. He looked at me the wrong way. It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way." "Don't we all know it." she muttered.

The conversation about the horse continued, and it was all Sadbh could do not to change the subject, as Tommy went on in his melancholic state. Finally, he moved on.

"Do you still sing?" "I can carry a tune I suppose. Fiadh's much better than me really." He nodded "Yeah, well that girl can do anything, so I won't be comparing." Sadbh smiled. Fiadh and Thomas used to be very close before the war. Before he became a shell.

"Go on, up on a chair and sing one of your Irish songs." She sighed, but got up all the same. "Happy or sad?" He thought for a moment -"Sad." "I have one, but it'll break your heart." "Already broken." His response pulled at her heartstrings.

She opened her mouth, and began to sing a haunting rendition of "The Parting Glass."

"Of all the money that e'er I had
I have spent it in good company
Oh and all the harm I've ever done
Alas, it was to none but me

And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be to you all

Of all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They would wish me one more day to stay

But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be to you all

But since it fell into my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be to you all

So fill to me the parting glass
And drink a health whate'er befalls
Then gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be to you all
Good night and joy be to you all"

They remained in silence for a few moments when she finished up. Eventually he seemed to snap of of his trance.

"Come on. I'll walk you home. Can't have you out alone at this hour of the night. Ruari would kill me." She tried to tell him she was okay, but he insisted. They walked in silence. Something seemed to be hanging over him. Whether it was the horse, Ada, or something else entirely, she wasn't sure. She thanked him when they reached her house, and he barely mustered up a smile, simply nodding to her and stalking off into the darkness.

: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Linked a video of Hozier singing 'The Parting Glass' which is similar to how I imagine Sadbh singing it (obviously in a female voice though lol)

Found this one a bit hard to write. I'm kind of on the fence about dialogue that's included in the show a lot of the time. I don't want to skip it, but at the same time I feel like it's unnecessary and slightly boring to put in since we already know what's said? Idk, let me know if you have a preference though, that would be appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.7K 39
š‘Ŗš’š’Žš’† š’…š’š’˜š’ š’š’ š’Žš’† š‘° š’‚š’Ž š’šš’š’–š’“ š’‘š’“š’†š’„š’Šš’š’–š’” š’‘š’š’”š’”š’†š’”š’”š’Šš’š’ š‘°'š’Ž š’”š’ š’…š’†š’š’Šš’„š’‚š’•š’† š‘° š’š’†š’†š’… š’šš’š’–š’“ š’‘š’“š’š’•š’†š’„š’•š’Š...
80K 3.9K 36
š™‘š™žš™˜š™š: š™žš™¢š™¢š™¤š™§š™–š™” š™¤š™§ š™¬š™žš™˜š™ š™šš™™ š™—š™šš™š™–š™«š™žš™¤š™Ŗš™§ š™¤š™§ š™– š™¬š™šš™–š™ š™£š™šš™Øš™Ø š™¤š™› š™—š™šš™š™–š™«š™žš™¤š™Ŗš™§ š™¤š™§ š™š™–š™—š™žš™©. š™‘š™žš™§š™©š™Ŗš™š: š™—š™šš™...
38K 1.9K 27
ā š˜šš˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜¢š˜“ š˜©š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜©š˜¢š˜·š˜¦š˜Æ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜¢š˜“ š˜©š˜¦š˜³ š˜©š˜¦š˜­š˜­. āž (šš«šž-š¬šžššš¬šØš§ šŸ) (šŸšŸ—šŸšŸ‘ - šŸšŸ—šŸšŸ–) (šš„šššœš¤ šŸšžš¦ šØšœ š± ļæ½...
119K 2.7K 40
'š™³šš˜ šš¢šš˜ššž ššššŠšš—ššŒššŽ, š™¼šš› šš‚šš‘ššŽšš•šš‹šš¢?' -- 'š™½šš˜šš šš˜ššššššŽšš—' -- 'ššƒšš‘ššŽšš— šš•ššŽššššœ ššššŠšš—ššŒššŽ' š™øšš— šš šš‘šš’ššŒšš‘ ššŸšš’šš˜šš•ššŽšš—ššŒššŽ šš–ššŽššŽššššœ šš™...