SIX

Tommy said they were allowed to sing, and sing they did. "By god, some of this crowd are horrendous. I wish Grace was here to sing a tune." Sadbh laughed to Harry - the drunk men were absolutely dogshite at singing. It was grand though, she'd rather listen to their not-so-great tones, than have them fighting and trying to feel her up.

She went into the snug, serving the boys. "Are ye just on the beers today lads?". Tommy nodded, Arthur and John didn't seem too pleased. As she made her way out, she heard John asking why they were allowed to sing, and had to stifle a laugh. She didn't know how she had managed to convince Tommy, if she was honest, but she was happy it worked.

Soon after she went back to the bar, a hush fell over the place. Someone walked in the door. He looked familiar, but Sadbh couldn't place him. Harry figured out for her; it was Billy Kimber. She gulped. Kimber shot a bullet into the roof after not getting a response to his questions and she nearly dropped the glass she was holding. Her hands trembled as the Shelby's filed out. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't slightly relieved that Rua followed them out. Although they weren't on the best of terms, she knew she could rely on him.

Tommy told everyone to get out, leaving herself and Harry stay, just so they could get the men a drink. She served them, and looked up at Tommy, who nodded to her, signalling it was okay for her to leave. She went to walk away, but then Billy Kimber called out to her. "Come back here you. I've never approved of women in pubs, but when they look like that - well, I want her to stay." She was disgusted, she noticed his eyes raking up and down her body.

She could see Rua getting angrier by the second. Tommy put a hand out in front of him, as if to calm him down. She was slightly lost, and so made her way over to the bar, sitting herself behind the counter. She only hoped Kimber didn't look in her direction again. Even the sound of his voice made her skin crawl.

She zoned out of the conversation, jumping slightly when Kimber hopped out of his seat and started screaming. He really needed to relax. She respected the boys for building their business and becoming fairly well off, considering where they started. But secretly, she always thought they were too into it. They got so aggravated over small things. She always wondered if it was really worth all the fighting. If Polly ran it, she thought it'd be a lot calmer. Men didn't have any common sense. She had a feeling a lot of the time they fought just because they needed an ego boost. It was usually not actually very necessary.

After Kimber left, she slipped out the back. There was buckets to be emptied, and she might as well do it while she was there. She also wanted to avoid the men inside. Something about all of them being together was quite intimidating to her. She knew none of them would ever harm her or anything like that, she just felt so young compared to them, even though they weren't that much older than her. Maybe it was that she knew none of them would ever take her seriously, because of her age, and her gender. That was something she hated. People looking down on women, just for being women drove her absolutely mad. It was so stupid.

She jumped as someone came around the back. She looked up to see Ruari and gave him a smile. He didn't look so happy. "You alright? That Kimber's a strange fucker. Sorry he made that comment, I know you hate it when you've to get involved in stuff." She shook her head "It's grand, honestly. Sure nothing bad really happened to me. No worse than what I hear every day at work. At least he kept his hands to himself."

She regretted her last sentence as soon as it left her mouth. "What?! Do people go at you when you're working as well. I'll beat those pricks up I swear Sadbh. Why didn't you tell me this before. Men are disgusting. Maybe you shouldn't work —"

"Jesus Rua, would you stop. It's not that big a deal, I can handle myself. You think I didn't have to deal with this stuff before I started working here? I'm a girl. I can't even remember men or being disgusting. I'm happy to contribute to your awakening though. Took you long enough."

Rua was aghast enough at the conversation that he took it upon himself to walk her home and give any man that so much as blinked in her direction a dirty look. Sadbh didn't mind though, not really. It was the first time in a while that she and Rua had spent time together and not argued.

The siblings all had dinner together that night. It was one of Sadbh's happiest days in a while. To see Fiadh so overjoyed at her big brother, who she looked up to more than anyone, being around cheered Sadbh up to no end. It was a good day in the end.

  : *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Kimber turned Rua into a feminist lol. Also, random but I imagine Rua as being similar to James Potter for some reason. Maybe it's just because I picked Aaron Taylor-Johnson to be his face claim, I'm not really sure.
See you next time hopefully 😁😁

Omg what did everyone think of the finale bc wowww it was a ride. Personally have mixed feelings about this season as a whole but I did enjoy this last episode a lot and it was prob my fave of season six! Not a fan of Finn's storyline but that would be my only major complaint from the finale, also the lack of  'Red Right Hand' was disappointing but can't win it all ig?