TΚœα΄‡ GᴇᴍΙͺΙ΄Ιͺ Cᴏᴠᴇɴ β₯„ Kα΄€Ιͺ Pᴀʀᴋᴇʀ

Por AmethystWritxr

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 π’Œπ’π’π’˜ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒐𝒇 π’Šπ’•, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 π’šπ’π’– 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐.❞ ⁻... MΓ‘s

❝ The Cast ❞
❝ Music list ❞
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
❝ The Cast Of 2012❞

Chapter Twenty

1.6K 45 649
Por AmethystWritxr

[A Parker's Misery]

KAI'S POV

Shame. That's what I feel because I've lost all the significant aspects of myself. The feeling of not caring for others, and the feeling of not caring what she thinks of me. I've never been one who was afraid to do what I wanted; I still am not, but she was able to control the darkness inside of me for just a second. And the thing is? I've been told by the ones who gave me life that I would never be loved, and I am not worthy of it. The black sheep, they say- the abomination they say. Might as well prove them right. Right?

She left. She said what she wanted to say to me and left. I let out a laugh at the thought while pushing my hair back. I couldn't believe how stupid I was for believing the bullshit Orange said to me all this time. Her feelings for me were a lie, and I wish I could say the same.

I walked along the bar with a bored expression on my face. Scanning the area, looking for my twin, who was nowhere to be found. But I didn't really care to look for her anyway; it's not like I wanted to speak to her.

I didn't want to speak to anyone.

While making my way out of the bar, I stumbled across Dean. He looked at me a bit annoyed, "Have you seen Annabelle?" He questions, and since I'm already in a bad mood? Might as well piss this guy off. A smile spreads across my lips as my eyes lit up, "Ah, Annie bear? Probably off with some guy. You know? She was never one to be into someone like you." I pause, staring him down. "Maybe she's using you as a distracting for what she really wants." I joke while gesturing to myself with a snort, only stirring up some anger inside this insecure guy.

"Too bad I don't give her the light of day." I said in a serious yet playful tone before patting Dean's shoulder, "Good luck, buddy." I say, and before I had the chance to walk out, Dean pinned me against the wall.

I would've preferred a punch to the face, but I guess this is a good enough reaction.

"Wow there, Daniel, I don't swing that way." I teased and chuckled while he glared at me, "You think you're so funny, huh?" He spat while I pretended to think about it before I nodded. Dean scoffs while holding me in place, "Wait until I tell my sister what you said about Annabelle. She will be pissed- thought you were done with her?" He smirks, thinking he has the upper hand here, but he doesn't.

My eyes narrowed. "Do it." I said unfazed, ripping his hands off of me before pushing him back. Dean looked at me in shock with a hint of curiosity in his eyes. He looked me over for a few seconds before a smile spread across his lips.

"I get it now." He breathes out while shaking his head.

I huff, making my way out of the bar and along the streets with this annoying eclipse following me like a lost puppy. "You and my sister got in a fight." He blurts out, and I ignore him, hoping he gets the hint to leave me alone. "Oh, come on, brother-in-law, you can talk to me." He says in a pleased tone, and I stop in my tracks, turning my body around to face him with a killer smile.

And I thought Joel was the annoying one out of the two.

"You know? All my life, I've been told that no one would ever care for me." I said dangerously while approaching Dean. He blinked a few times, standing still with a stupid smirk on his face, and all I wanted to do was rip it off him. "And father never let me touch anyone, and it really screwed me up big time, but it's not like I listened to him anyway." I said dramatically, standing right in front of him. I wasted no time in grabbing Dean's face roughly and slapping his cheeks tauntingly, catching him off guard. "You are the untouchable Eclipse and the brother of the girl I care about." I whisper the last part before sighing obnoxiously. "Well...- good thing I never gave a damn about anything." I gleam and siphon Dean. My eyes narrowed while watching him scream in agony as he tried to pull away, but I had a good grip on him.

The feeling of overpowering someone made me feel a little better on the inside, and the fact that I was hurting him. Dean wasn't the root of my anger, of course, but hurting him will do for the time being. It's not like we didn't see this coming; he kept pushing at my limits.

Not cool. So might as well lit the match. Right?

"Kai, stop." Dean breathes out before he loses consciousness, his body falling against my own. Looking both ways, I threw him aside with not a care in the world. And the feeling of all this magic inside of me? Made my body tingle.

I haven't taken this much since I was a kid, so I felt high off it.

I look down at Dean's body, "Thanks for the magic, buddy." I joke while stepping over him and making my way along the street. The moonlight now lighting my way to the French Quater witches. I wanted to get things over with my way. Didn't care to wait for the group. They would just slow me down.

As I made my way to the French Quater graveyard, which is a creepy hangout, in my opinion, the feeling of being watched stopped me in my tracks. I turned my head to the side, and the sound of someone vamp speeding caught my attention. I acted quickly as the vamp speeded up to me. They placed their hands on my shoulders but soon groaned in agony as I melted their brain with ease.

Finally, getting a good look at the corporate and it was a female. She had long brown hair and dark skin with the body of a goddess. The vamp looked up at me with a bitchy look on her face. "And this is what I get for babysitting a witch." She said to herself before getting up. "Marcel, send me to watch you, and here I see you heading to the one place you aren't supposed to go to yet." She spat, and I huff.

"Yeah, I'm not in the mood to get lectured by a vampire when it comes to witch business, so I suggest you run back to your so-called king and tell him I don't need his help getting the grimoire back." I emphasized the last two words while looking at her like she's a dumbass before walking past her.

I hope she makes this easy for me and leaves because I wasn't planning on getting my hands dirty just yet.

I felt her vamp speed in front of me and stop me in my tracks with a frustrated look on her face, "I'm too old for this." She said, and I snorted, "Is it kind of weird that I found you hot? You're basically a granny." I tease, only angering the vamp even more. She grabs the back of my neck, pulling me down, and smashing her knee against my face before pushing me away with her vamp strength, sending me flying into some trashcans.

I gasped for air once I laid on the ground with blood pouring down my nose, "I kind of deserved that." I managed to say with pain lingering in my tone. She approached me and bent down to my level, grabbing hold of my shirt and pulling me up to face her.

"Marcel told me to watch you, and I will not disobey his orders." She said like a soldier before yanking me up, and I let out a groan, placing my hand on my rib since I'm pretty sure it's broken. As if reading my mind, she sighs and rolls her sleeve up, biting her wrist. The vamp force-fed me her blood, and the taste was weird and metallic, although that wasn't the bizarre part. It was the feeling of my whole-body healing itself that was odd.

Never thought I would see the day when a vamp would ever heal me. Strange.

She lets go of me, and I stand up, "Thanks, I guess?" I said awkwardly, and she quickly responded. "It wasn't for you." The woman spat then gestured me to follow her. "This way, or I'll drag you myself."

I didn't like this woman telling me what to do, but I had no choice. I had to get rid of her first.

I followed behind her painfully slow, looking down at my combat boots in the process while I went over my plan. I needed a distraction from everything- from Orange. The thought alone made my blood boil. One can say I'm mad- no, I'm furious. My heart felt heavy, which made me feel uncomfortable; I don't think I've ever felt this way before. Not that I remember, at least. It was an overwhelming feeling, just so you know. And god, did it make me want to go nuts. My thoughts were interrupted by the vamp.

"I know that look." She said while turning to look at me, "I've been alive for many lifetimes, and that's the look of a heartbroken man." The woman said calmly before stopping in front of a sketchy-looking bar. "I think you need a drink." She said before opening the door and walking in while I followed with a blank expression on my face.

"If you're paying, then sure, I'll have some drinks." I gleam, and she gave me a look before sighing and making her way to the bar area. It was an interesting bar, to say the least- there were vamps feeding on humans like there was no tomorrow. Yikes, I better not be next. Although the thought of dying doesn't sound too bad right about now.

Once we sat down, she ordered me a shot, and I couldn't help but stare at the vampires around me that fed on humans. "Relax, witch, you're off-limits." She reassured me, but I wasn't planning on letting my guard down any time soon. "And here I thought I would be your next meal- what? Not nasty enough for you?" I joke. Chugging my shot while she gives me an odd look. "You're a strange young man." Was all she said before downing her own drink and wiping her lips. I shrug while staring down at my empty shot glass, playing with it a bit.

"So, what's her name." She questions while facing me, but I pretended to act like I had no idea what the hell she was talking about because confessing how you feel to a stranger is not on my to-do list for the night. I hummed and avoided contact with her, but I could feel her stare burning the side of my face. "Two more shots." She said to the bartender.

"So, is this like the vamp's secret hang out?" I taunt, and she let out a chuckle, "Something like that. I'm a nightwalker, so this is the place where us vamps who don't have a daylight ring can find shelter."

Interesting.

"But Marcius is a daywalker, and so are some of his friends, right?" I arched my brow while chugging my second shot, and she nodded, "It's Marcel, and yes, only the ones in his inner circle are allowed to have them, and I want to be a part of that." She said with a soft sigh before proceeding, "He said if I keep you out of trouble, then I will be rewarded with one." She said happily, and I snorted, "Yikes, I wouldn't let some wannabe vampire king tell me what I can and can't have." I said in a judgmental tone, letting her know that I indeed judge her for letting some man control her like that.

Then an idea popped in my head. I grinned at her mischievously, "If a daylight ring is what you want, then I can get you one." I say, and her eyes lit up, "You can?" She said with shock in her tone, and I nodded. "Of course, I can pretty little thing, but you have to do something for me." I said sheepishly, and her smile faded. "Hmm, I know how this ends. You'll promise me a daylight ring in return to do your dirty work but then kill me." She gleams before her eyes narrow. "Look, pal, I've been alive for decades and know how sneaky witches can be, so no." She said, and I huffed. "You're loss." I muttered while she ignored me and ordered more shots for us.

Well, no one can say I didn't try to play nice at first- guess I gotta do things the hard way around here.

✦ ✦ ✦

I spun her around the dance floor as the shots kicked in. I needed her guard down so I could get rid of her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and moved her hips side to side before turning around and rubbing herself against my crotch. I played along, placing my hands on her hips and guiding them.

After a few more minutes had gone by, she looked me up and down with lustful eyes before grabbing my shirt and pulling me out of the bar. She pinned me against the nearest wall with her vampire speed, knocking the air out of my lungs while smashing her lips against my own. Her kisses were sloppy, and I didn't kiss back. I stood there, allowing her to move her kisses down my neck with a bored expression on my face. But I knew I had to play along to catch her off guard, so I grabbed her face and pulled her up. Smashing my lips against hers as I switched places with her, pinning her against the wall. She let out a soft moan while I kissed down her neck, reaching my hand out to grab a broken chair handle that laid on top of the dumpster next to us. Thankfully, I had access to some wood. Once gripping on the wooden handle, I held it close to me while my lips met hers again.

As I deepened the kiss, I moved the handle close to her chest, and before my luck ran short, I shoved it into her heart. She pulls away from me with a gasp of air before looking down at her chest then up at me. I felt a little shaky from the impulse, but I soon gave her a slight grin.

"Sorry, but you just got in my way." I shrugged while her eyes saddened. I watched her body grow grey with veins traveling up her head before she collapsed. "Well, for an old vampire, that was easy." I joke before wiping my lips in disgust and walking away from the crime scene.

The cold wind greeted me with open arms as I continued my path to the graveyard once again, running a little late than I wanted to. Thanks to that inconvenient collateral damage that happened to be at the wrong place in the wrong time.

But I felt no remorse for ending her life, even if she did show me a bit of kindness. There was no guilt in me anymore...because if I allow the guilt to take over? Then I'll feel everything, and I think I'm a little too drunk to deal with that.

Once in front of the gates that read 'Lafayette Cemetery', I pushed the doors open and the eerie feeling filled in the atmosphere as I made my way through the graveyard. It was dark, with the sound of owls and crickets filling in the air. I wasn't scared, but it was pretty creepy. I hummed to myself, and the sight of lit candles led me to what I hope is a coven of witches.

As I followed the candles, the sound of chanting caught my attention, so I quickly mumbled a cloaking spell under my breath, "invisique." I said, cloaking myself thanks to Dean's magic, and made my way over to the coven. I watched as a lady stood in front of a group of witches, chanting a spell I wasn't familiar with. Once it was over, I felt mystical energy lingering in the air.

I've never felt that before, but I wasn't complaining. As a siphoner, the feeling of magic is always pleasurable, even if I haven't consumed it. My thoughts were interrupted by the witch.

"You feel that? Thanks to the harvest ritual, the ancestral magic is growing stronger every day, which means our ancestors will help us fight the war against Marcel and his vampires." The forty-year-old woman preaches, "Now get some sleep, my witches. The reaping is slowly approaching us." She stated, causing the group of witches to scatter about while the leader made her way inside a stone building.

So, this coven receives magic from their ancestors? Pretty lame if you ask me.

After all the witches made their way out of the creepy cemetery, I uncloaked myself. It was time to make a deal with this leader or kill her- depending on how things go down, but either way, I'm getting what I want in the end. My feet guided me into the building, and there she was, standing with her back facing me. I grinned to myself, and before I had the chance to move closer, she spoke.

"What do you seek, stranger?" She said firmly before turning to face me with a grimoire in her hands. "You must be here for something, am I right?" She questions, and I was lost for words at her nonchalant behavior, but I soon spoke myself, not wanting to seem weak.

"I actually do, as a matter of fact." I gleam and look around the place, "I need you to help me locate a lost grimoire from the Gemini Coven." I say, causing her eyes to lit up. "You are far from home Gemini." She states the obvious, which made me roll my eyes in annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, let's cut the small talk and get down to business, shall we?" I state while she arched her brow, "Explain to me why I should help you?" The lady said while approaching me, and I smiled. "Because I'll let you know what the vampire king is up to."

The woman looks me up and down, pleased, before smiling at me. She turns away and makes her way over to the grimoire. "Alright, I will help, young man." She gestures me to come closer, so I did.

She grabs my hands and yanks it over to her, "First, tell me what Marcel is up to." She ordered, causing a laugh to erupt from me. "Do the locator spell, then I will tell you." I say in an obnoxious yet dangerous tone, making her stare me down before sighing in defeat.

This lady really thinks I was born yesterday, too bad for her because she can't fool me.

She lets go of my hand and walks over to a shelf, pulling out a map before making her way back to me. I watched as she placed the map down and lit some candles before giving me a look, "Give me your hand." She orders, but I just stand there with a blank expression. The woman sighs deeply, "You're a Gemini, so I need your blood to find it." She says, and I nod. "I know that part, but I don't like your tone." I said unamused, and she gave me a strange look.

"You want my help or not, young witch?" She questions and I grin, roughly slapping my hand on top of hers. The lady flinched and glared at me while I smiled at her sheepishly. She twisted my hand upward and cut my palm. I watched as my blood splattered on top of the map. She then pushed my hand away and started chanting while I used the sleeve of my shirt to stop the bleeding.

This better work. I thought.

My blood began to move along the map slowly with each chant before stopping in the location I had a feeling it would be in. The lady looks at the map and then at me, "It's with Marcel." She states in disgust before cleaning up the map and putting it away. "Now that I gave you want you wanted...you have to tell me what Marcel is up to." She stated, and I smiled at her.

"Yeah, I should...shouldn't I?" I trail off while moving closer to her. She looks into my eyes with no hint of intimation, which won't do for me. I move closer to her ear and whisper, "I guess you've been fooled by a young witch." I muttered before knocking her out with a sleeping spell. The woman fell to the floor, and I stared down at her body. "Thanks, lady." I gleamed and walked off.

I know what you're thinking. Why didn't you just tell her Marcel's plan? Well- I don't really care about holding my end of a bargain at the moment, but at least she isn't dead. That should earn me some points here. I thought before making my way back to the heart of New Orleans. 

✦ ✦ ✦

ANNABELLE'S POV

Pretending to be Autumn has been dreadful, to say the least, and the only good thing about it is being able to ruin her life. I hated everything about her since the day I noticed Kai Parker staring at her with curiosity in his eyes at the age of 15. Let's just say I'm not a fan of competition because all my life, I've been competing with my own mother out of my free will, and trust me? When I want something? I always get it- Kai is mine. I deserve him, not her. I thought while gripping my coffee cup with anger in my eyes.

It was about 2:35 in the morning, but there was no time to sleep. I needed to find Kai and make him fall in love with me. Disgustingly enough, I was still Autumn, but my plans with her aren't over yet.

I grin at the thought while bringing the coffee cup close to my lips and taking a small sip. "I always win." I whispered to myself, and the sound of the cafe doors opening and closing caught my attention. Turning to the door, I saw a panicked Joel, he looked around, and his eyes landed on mine. I felt a little overwhelmed with his stare, making me feel like he knew I wasn't Autumn.

Once he approached me, he sat down. "I've been looking everywhere for you." Joel says with panic in his voice. Geez, what's his deal, but not going to lie? Serious Joel is sort of hot. I smiled to myself at the thought before Joel snapped me back to reality.

"Autumn, did you hear me?" Joel says, and I nod, "Yeah, I did." I lied, and he gave me a look before proceeding. "Kai's lost his mind, he left Dean half dead behind a dumpster, and now I can't find him." He said with sadness in his tone while I stared at him unfazed before speaking. "Hello? Why the hell are you here and not looking for Kai?" I snapped, making his brow arch and lean close, "Autumn, I know you just met your brother and all, but don't care that Kai almost killed him?"

Eh, I don't have the time for this, and now Joel is unattractive again.

"Boohoo, you said he's still alive, so what? Come on let's go find Kai." I stood up fast, but before I had the chance to walk out of the cafe, Joel took my arm and pulled me close. Wow, am I missing something here, or is Autumn secretly hooking up with her best friend's boyfriend? He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes, "Are you feeling okay? You're acting strange..." He trails off, making me feel nervous. Joel looked at me skeptically before I pulled away fast. "Geez, I'm fine." I muttered before walking out. I could feel his stare burn the back of my head before he followed me out.

I need to find Kai because I just scored myself a perfect plan to ruin everything for Autumn. 

✦ ✦ ✦

JOEL'S POV

Something was defiantly wrong with my sista from another mother. I've never seen Autumn with this lack of empathy for others in my entire life. It didn't feel like Autumn, but then again, I've only got to know who she really is these past few months. This might be another side of her, but I'll keep close eyes on this redhead. Jokes aside, Jo has no idea what's going on. She passed out on her bed before I went outside for another smoke when BOMB! I see the prince of the Eclipse on the ground. I thought a vampire got to him, but then I heard him moaning and groaning, so then I thought, well shit, he's probably drunk out of his mind. As a good leader, I decided to help him out only to find out the truth. Dean looked afraid, which startled me, but he soon told me everything, and that's when I threw the jokes aside and put on my serious hat. If Kai's off the rails- he will get himself killed.

I won't let him die, but why is he acting this way? He looked pretty good three hours ago. What could've rattled his socks to make him hurt Dean? He's a dick, yes, but he's not that bad of a person, and he's Autumn's family. Why would you hurt her blood if you're trying to get the girl? Well, looking back- She didn't seem to care at all. Oh lord, what is even going on around here.

"Joel." Autumn called, gesturing me to follow her. I did what she asked, and before I had the chance to see what she was looking at, the girl pulled me to face her. I smile at Autumn sheepishly, "Hmm, what are you doing?"

Autumn looked behind my shoulder nervously before her eyes lit up, and she quickly grabbed my face, pulling me down to her level and smashing her lips against my own.

My eyes widen in shock before placing my hands on her shoulder and pulling away, "Wow, girl! Take a chill pill!" I yelled in surprise but soon enough turned around to see who she was staring at, and it was Kai. My heart sank to the bottom of my feet while my mouth fell open. The look on his face was a horrible sight to see.

He looked betrayed and angry.

"Kai, it's not what it-" I was cut off by a motus thrown my way. I fell against the wall behind Autumn with an angry Kai towering over me. "Invidia." He said darkly, making my whole body ache in excruciating pain. Autumn looked down at me, then at Kai with fear in her eyes before making a run for it, leaving me in the hands of this furious witch who's capable of anything.

"You know? I actually thought for a second, I had a friend." He said while laughing bitterly to himself. "You kissed my girl and cheated on my sister? You are either a crazy person or stupid." He trails off, looking down at me in a playful matter. "Yeah, stupid." Kai spat while his eyes darkened. He kicks me to lay on my back while placing his foot on my chest. "Any last words?" He taunts.

Finally building up the courage to speak, I sat up as much as I could while Kai's pressure on my chest intensified. "Come on, man- You don't wanna kill me. I would never do that to you, alright. She kissed me and don't ask me why she did because I have no clue! She's been acting funny...haven't you noticed?" I say in a panic while Kai looked like he was thinking hard about what I said.

But before he could say anything back? Annabelle came rushing over to us. "Kai, stop this isn't you." She mumbles, catching both of our attention.

Where the hell did she come from?

The girl was out of breath while marching over to Kai, "Stop this now." Anabelle orders, causing Kai to laugh and shake his head. "Shut up and go suck a dick Annie Bear." He taunts before looking down at me with skeptical eyes but soon removes his foot from my chest. Sighing in relief, I stood up and dusted the dirt off me.

Kai still looked conflicted, but before I could question him, he walked off with Annabelle following him. I wanted to help him out, but I needed to figure out what was happening to Autumn. I have a feeling that something magically wrong is going on here. 

✦ ✦ ✦

KAI'S POV

I was ready to end Joel, but he knocked some sense into me. My trust for people is pretty slim to nothing, but the look on his face said it all. He wasn't the one who kissed her, Orange kissed him, and then it dawned on me. We're in New Orleans or, like father dearest likes to say, 'The city at war'.

Nothing has really made sense since we stepped foot in this place, and I needed to believe that it wasn't really her. It couldn't be- What Joel said made me realize that, and the feeling of hope came at me like a wave. Orange could be under some spell again, but the thought only made me lose more control- and the sound of a whiny Annie bear.

I stop in my tracks, causing Annabelle to slam her face against my back. She let out a groan while I turn to face her. "Tell me why you're following me again?" I say coldly while she looks at me nervously. "Because I want to help you feel better." She said softly with care in her eyes that made me feel nothing. I bit my lip, looking her up and down before placing my index finger over my own lips with a sheepish smile. "So, in that dull skull of yours, you honestly think you could help me feel better?" I say playfully, only hurting her feelings from the looks of it.

I sigh dramatically when tears form in her eyes. "I am pretty heartless, to say the least, but seeing you cry is making things weird, Annie bear." I point out, only making her jaw clench. "Are you kidding me? So, me crying is making things weird?" Her voice cracks while I pretend to think about it before nodding. "It is, but I'm sure if you bat your eyelashes at anyone else, they will care, so run along. I need to find Orange." I say, only making her eyes widen.

"Wait, what!" She yells, startling me. "Didn't she like hurt you or something? Why would you want to find her?" Annabelle said, puzzled and with a bit of curiosity in her tone. I didn't want to tell her anything, but maybe her knowing would get her to leave me alone. "Joel said something back there about Orange not being herself, and then it hit me..." I trail off before moving closer to Annabelle, our faces inches away from each other now.

"Maybe Orange is under some spell, right? That has to be it! No way she would say all those things- well, I hope not." I whispered close to her face before I gasped dramatically. "Then you came along...chasing after me, which I don't blame you." I tease. "I'm self-aware of my good looks." I grin smugly before placing my hand on her waist and pulling her close, Annabelle gasps in surprise, but I could tell she was enjoying this.

Running my fingers through her blonde hair with my free hand, I spoke, "You made it very clear to me..." I trail off again as she flutters her eyelashes at me. "What did I make clear?" She said in a seductive tone before my hand ran down her body while keeping my eyes on her, and after a long and dramatic silence, I finally said something. "You weren't there." I spat before shoving my hand in her pocket and pulling out the ring.

I had a feeling she still had the illusion ring in her possession.

Annabelle tried to take the ring from me, but I roughly pinned her against the nearest wall. The blonde let out a gasp when I place my arm on her neck while holding the ring up to her eyes. "How the hell would you know Orange hurt me?" I say through laughs of realization as her face grows pale from lack of oxygen. "Kai, I saw what you did to Joel!" She pleads, but I didn't believe her, and Annabelle's lies are really aggravating me on a whole other level.

"If I place this ring on your finger, you won't turn into Autumn, right?" I ask while fear reflected in her eyes. The blonde stayed quiet while I smiled at her knowingly. I sigh deeply before snatching her hand roughly. "Just to make sure..." I trail off as she tries pulling me away.

Watching her struggle was pretty entertaining, but I soon placed the ring on her finger to see for myself, and when her reflection changed into the girl I was fond of? I felt relieved, and everything started to make sense again.

"Ah, there it is." I say, cupping the girl's cheeks while staring into her eyes softly before they darkened. "It was you this whole time." I spat, watching her look at me with fear, but I soon remove the ring. I didn't like Annabelle wearing Autumn's face at all. Once I shoved the ring into my pocket, I looked at the now sobbing girl in front of me with no remorse.

I messed up this mission because of Annabelle. I will never hear the end of this. The thought only frustrated me, but I will deal with that later. Finding Orange is the main priority here.

"Where's Autumn?" I question, and the girl sniffles, only making me lose patience. I applied pressure to her neck, which made her slap my arm like crazy before giving in to me. "Okay, okay!" She yells, and I remove my arm from her neck. Annabelle takes deep breaths while rubbing her neck and keeping her eyes on me. "She's safe if that's what you're wondering." The blonde said with disgust in her tone.

Crossing my arms, I smile at her. "Tell me where she is, and maybe I'll let you live." I threatened, only making her snort. "You wouldn't kill me, and you know it." Annabelle says while leaning against the wall for support, now staring at me with narrowed eyes. "You act all tough, Kai, but deep down, we both know you aren't capable of killing your own kind."

Her words made my jaw clench; my dislike for people acting like they know me could drive me insane. Everyone seems to think they know who I am, but they have no idea what I am actually capable of.

"Is that a death wish I hear?" I question, causing her brow to arch. She stayed quiet, and honestly standing her talking to this girl has wasted a lot of time for me. Guess the hard way it is. Placing my hand in the air, I began to fry some of her brain cells. Annabelle let out a scream before falling to her knees. "Tell me where she is, Annie bear." I muttered while she held onto her head.

Blood begins to run down her nose as she curls up in a ball on the floor. "Sh-she's cloaked in the bar bathroom. Please stop!" She finally pleads, making me smile. Stopping the spell, I bend down to the girl's level. "See? That wasn't so hard." I taunt. Annabelle was breathing heavily while trying to keep her eyes open from the excruciating pain I inflicted on her.

Rolling my eyes at her dramatics, I grab her arm roughly and pull her up. "Stand up." I snap, making her glare at me before dragging her back to the bar. "Kai, let me catch my breath, please." She begs, and I laugh. "Yeah, right..." I look at her before proceeding, "You look fine to me."

"If you keep pushing me, I won't be strong enough to do the spell." She stated.

"Is that a threat?" I questioned.

"Of course not!" She yells while I yank her harder.

"You can channel me if you're struggling to keep your strength." I spat, making her eyes sadden.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She mumbled while my eyes darkened.

"And why did you do this to Orange?" I point out.

After that, everything went quiet, and she didn't fight me anymore. Serves her right. I was planning on dragging this blonde by the hair if she complained some more. Nothing mattered but Orange; I needed to make sure she was okay before going back to my mission. I've screwed things up, so I might as well continue with my plan.

I don't really have a choice, and in the end, she will hate me after today anyways.

Once inside the bar, we made our way to the girl's bathroom. I swung the door open and threw the blonde inside before walking in. She yelps before catching herself, sending me a glare while she looks around. I lean against the door and observe the blonde. "What's taking so long, Annie bear?" I asked.

The girl looked confused before turning to me again, "She's not here." Annabelle said carefully, but that didn't help her one bit. "What do you mean she's not here." I say dangerously slow, storming over to the girl and placing my hands on her shoulders. "Where else would she be! You said you cloaked her, so uncloak her!" I yelled in her face, with fear washing over me. Annabelle whimpers and trembles at my outburst, "I swear Kai... she's not. Someone must have taken her!" She yells back. We stared into each other's eyes while anger consumed me. My grip on her shoulders tightened before I pushed her back and turned away.

I needed to get away from her before my anger took control, and I lost it. Running my hands through my hair, I tried to take deep breaths. "Kai?" Annabelle said softly, but I didn't listen. "Kai!" She yells, only pushing me to my limits. I turn around and rush over to her again, pinning her against the wall. "Shut up, or I swear I'm gonna kill you!" I said dangerously but soon calmed down when I met her eyes. Annabelle stared at me in shock before I carefully removed my hands from her, but I punched the mirror next to her before I gave her the chance to speak. Shattering the mirror in the process, although it did blow off some steam from me.

Annabelle flinched at my action while I let out a grunt from the impact. Blood began to drip from my knuckles, but I didn't care. I was angry, and the need to control myself was my only thought. I couldn't let my anger take over, or less I'll be proving my father right, I can't let him win.

I have control...I will always have it.

My thoughts were interrupted by Annabelle, "All this for her? Why is it her- why couldn't it be me." She mumbled. I didn't look at her. I knew if I did? I might not be able to control myself and end up killing her. Staring at myself through the shattered and bloody mirror, I answered her question. "Because she understands me."

Annabelle huffs, "Oh my god! So did I." She points out while approaching me. I could feel her presents behind me. "So did I." Her voice cracks. "I was there for you once." And like a flip of a switch, a memory came creeping in. Haunting me as always and as much as I didn't want to let it in? It forced itself in.

1987 FLASHBACK

The sound of my alarm going off woke me up from my sleep. I groan and rub my eyes before jumping out of bed and turning my radio on, 'Don't You' (Forget about me) By Simple Minds echoed through my room. I turned the volume up while humming along to the song. Walking over to my bed, I made it before raiding my closet and pulling out some clothes while the music faded. The sound of broadcasters filled the air and I quickly changed into a 'fuck humanity' white t-shirt with some washed-up blue jeans. I also put a leather jacket on with my all-black converse and some bracelets, rings, and my necklace.

Out of my twin and me? I got the best style.

Once I turned off the radio, I grabbed my bookbag and slammed my door shut once I was out of my room. Locking it with my key before shoving the key into my pockets, I drop my bag outside the bathroom and swing up open. My sister gasped and glared at me. "You can't open the door like a normal person?" She questions while straightening her hair. I shake my head obnoxiously, earning me an eye roll while I skooch my way in front of the sink, pushing my sister aside while I steal the brush from her hands.

Jo huffs, "Yes, Kai, you can totally have the brush I was using first..." She mutters, and I smile at her through the mirror. "Aw, thank sissy." I played along with a wink before she placed the straightener down. "God, you're annoying."

"I know you are, but what am I?" I joke, only pissing my sister off.

After fixing my hair and brushing my teeth, I walked out. Taking my bookbag with me while I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where my whole family seemed to be. My younger brother Joey was sitting in my seat, and the need to push this 11-year-old out of my chair was clouding my rational thoughts, but the feeling of my three-year-old brother josh hugging my leg interrupted those thoughts.

But that didn't last long since Joshua yelled at him to let me go, and he did, of course. I ignored the death glare the man was giving me and walked past my 8-year-old sister to grab a plate and serve myself the breakfast feast my mother always makes.

Thankfully my mother Lauran was too busy trying to control my 6-year-old brother Oliver from his temper tantrum to notice me pouring myself a cup of coffee. She never lets me drink it, says it'll screw me up even more.

Having five siblings is very annoying. I hope they have no more.

After my plate was filled with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, sausages, ham, and some fruit. I sat down, and the sound of my sister coming down the stairs irritated me. She was bitching about the same shit again.

Mack went through my makeup. I'm 15 and need more privacy. Bluh bluh- someone needs to knock her out. The thought caused me to snort.

"What's so funny?" Joshua said, and I huffed while shoving ham down my throat. "Nothing that concerns you." I muffled with a grin while he looked at me in disgust. Jo finally sat down and stopped her bitching. "Thank you, mom." My twin says before she eats her food. Her eyes landed on me, "Are you ready for combat training today?"

I look at her like she's stupid, "Duh? I'm one of the best."

Joshua gave me a look, "If you're one of the best, then why can't you produce your own magic?" He taunts, causing everyone to grow quiet. I turn my gaze to the man with a smile on my face. "Because I'm different? What did you forget or something? Guess you are old, huh?"

Jo's eyes widen, knowing father would probably punish me for talking back. Although I showed him no fear while his face turned red. "Don't smart-mouth me, boy. You know where that will get you." He spat. Once clearing my plate, I stood up. "Do your worst. "I spat back, grabbing my bag and walking out.

He doesn't scare me.

✦ ✦ ✦

"Will be splitting you guys into twos!" The man yelled while I leaned against the wall, bored out of my mind. I was staring at my watch, counting down the minutes when this would be over since I wanted to go roller coasting or hit the nearest vinyl store. I was toning the man out until he said my name.

"Kai and Autumn!" He yelled, and we both snapped our heads to look at each other. The girl didn't have hatred in her eyes while she looked at me. That was a first. Although before I walked over to her, the man stopped me. "Sorry, I meant Annabelle." He said, and the orange head looked around, embarrassed that he called the wrong name.

I wasn't one who gets embarrassed quickly, so I shrugged it off. Either way, I didn't care who I got, but I guess getting the blonde isn't a bad thing. She talks to me a lot which makes me feel odd, like a content feeling. No one seems to give me the light of day but my sister and her.

Annabelle walked over to me with a grin on her face. "Guess this is fate." She flirts, and I snort. "I'm not sure you should be happy to go against me, Annie bear." I joke, and she shrugs. "I know you won't hurt me because we're friends." The blonde said, taking me off guard. "Yeah, right, we aren't friend's blondie." I say in a serious tone, making her pout.

It's true. We aren't. She's just the girl who follows me around.

And the idea of having a friend will only hurt me in the end. I couldn't get used to the idea of her being my friend. Yeah, she talks to me and is all over me, but the blonde never seemed committed to it.

After the training was over, I helped the girl up. Annabelle pushes me playfully, "You're a guy, so it's not fair!" She bitched, and I snorted. "No, I think you need some more training." I teased, wiping the sweat off my forehead since the sun was beaming down on us aggressively.

I sat down to rest my legs, and she sat by me, handing me some water. Taking it from her, I took a sip while she spoke. "Then maybe I need some private lessons." Annabelle said while running her hand down my arm, but I was way too distracted staring at the ginger knocking down a guy like nothing.

Impressive. I thought.

"Kai, are you listening?" She whines while pulling at my arm. I turn to her. "Yeah, you said you need private lessons." I tease while she moves closer to me, our thighs touched. "Well yeah...so can it be you?" She flutters her eyelashes at me. I wouldn't say being this close to her bugged me. It's nice having a girl who needs me for once.

"Fine." I sighed dramatically, making her grin, but before she said anything else, a group of Geminis walked over to us, and she quickly pulled away, which caught my attention.

"Come on, Annabelle, we're going to the city! Joel's dad is driving us to Jonney Rockets." A girl said with a smile on her face before she turned to me. The girl eyed Annabelle and me oddly, but she soon got up. "Y-yeah, for sure!" The blonde says, and she walked away like I wasn't even there. We didn't finish our conversation, nor did she say bye to me.

It was like I was never there, and that's when I knew what I was to her. 

✦ ✦ ✦

BACK TO 1994

Once the memory came flooding back, I remembered why this blonde was nothing to me. She was ashamed of me. She would act fake around her friends and ignore me like I was nothing, but when we were alone? It was like I was her everything, and that's the worst feeling for a 15-year-old boy. 

Annabelle stared at me with sad eyes, and I scoffed. "Because unlike you? Autumn isn't ashamed of me." I spat before stepping away from her, leaving the blonde at a loss for words. "If you try and hurt Orange again? I will make your life a living hell." And with that? I walked out.

Annabelle was useless to me now. And what I need is to find Orange somehow.

It was 3 am now, and the sun should be coming up in two hours; it'll make it easier for me to get the grimoire if most of the vamps in this city aren't roaming the streets. Although that would be something I needed to do after making sure Autumn was okay. The thought of her knowing everything that I've done was giving me a massive headache.

Would she really forgive me for hurting Dean? Or messing up this mission?

My hand was still aching from the impact of the mirror, and the cold wind brushing against my knuckles stung like a bitch. Letting out a shaky breath, I walked along the streets and over to where I left Dean. I needed his blood to do a locator spell on Autumn, and I'm sure he's still alive. Once I turned the corner near the dumpster, I looked around.

Damn. He must've gotten up, but Dean shouldn't be far, and there's only one place he could've gone to...- back to the hotel. The thought made a grin form on my lips. Thankfully, it was only two blocks away. My feet quickly guided me to the hotel and once standing in front of it. I walked in and made my way to the front. "What's Deans Solar's room number?" I asked, and the lady in the front told me his floor and room number.

Floor 8 and room number 23. Same floor as Jo and Joel. Maybe they know something.

Once I entered the elevator and clicked on floor 8, I waited until the doors opened and walked out. The halls were long and dark; the lights were dimmed, only enough light to see where I was going. Staring at each door, I counted.

Room 20...21...22...23.

As I stared at the room number, I collected myself. Last time I saw Dean, things were complicated between us. Hope he doesn't try and throw me out because even if I have to take his blood forcefully?

I will. But I'll try and play nice for now.

Knocking on the door loudly, I waited. After a few minutes, the door swung open, revealing my sister. "Kai?" She said in shock while I walked past her. "Hey, sissy, nice to see you, now where's Daniel? This is his room, after all." I pointed out, and she just looked at me with her wide eyes like she's seen a ghost. I huff in annoyance, "Come on, sissy, just spit out what you want to say to me." I said, unfazed while she closed the door, walking over to me.

"Joel's been looking for you while I've been taking care of Dean...he told me what happened." Jo trails off, looking me up and down. I didn't look at her; I looked everywhere but at her. "Why?" My sister mumbles, "Why did you hurt Dean? What happened?"

I didn't say anything; I didn't want to. It was a lot to explain, and I didn't have the time for it.

"He pissed me off." I shrugged and made my way over to him, but my sister quickly blocked my path. "No Kai, you can't see him- he's fast asleep, and whatever you want from him can wait." She said firmly. I finally looked into her eyes. "It can't wait."

Jo eyed me up and down, "Well, it has too...you did a number on him, Kai." She mumbled, and I scoffed. "I really don't care right now, so move, or else I will move you!" I snap at her, losing my damn patience. My twin glared at me, "What's with the hurry?! What's going on, Kai? I know something is happening." She said stubbornly, not letting me through unless I told her.

"Autumns missing, and I need his blood to find her." I finally say out of breath. Jo looked puzzled before her eyes widened. "She's missing? Wait, what has been going on since I was asleep?" My sister questions, and I sigh, "Let me through, and I will tell you."

My sister looked conflicted, but before she could move out of my way, the front door swung open. We simultaneously turned to the door, which revealed a tired-looking Joel carrying a passed-out Orange. My heart dropped seeing the girl but the fear I felt washed away. I slowly approach Joel, keeping my eyes on Orange. Once in front of them, I touched her cheek with the back of my fingers.

I then looked up at Joel, giving him a grateful nod, and he gave me one back before placing the girl on the couch. Jo rushed over to Orange, "Okay, someone needs to tell me what's been going on." She said while staring us down.

Joel looked at me, then at my sister, "Annabelle created a whole mess for us to clean up." He said in a frustrated tone, "She pretended to be Autumn and hurt Kai, causing him to hurt Dean and me." He says, making my sister glare and me, "Chill out, babe he thought I kissed his girl." Joel shrugs, and my sister sighs.

"I'm never sleeping again." She muttered.

I don't think Joel knows the other stuff I did, but that was good. Means he won't stop me. I know what you're all thinking, but I need to get the grimoire myself. After everything I did, it only seems fair.

After taking one final glance at Orange, I made my way over to the door. "Make sure she's okay, sissy." I say and open the door. "Where are you going?" She arched her brow; I smiled at her playfully. "Got some things to take care of." I shrugged and walked out before she could question me some more.

As my feet guided me out of the hotel, I looked both ways before heading to Marcel's home. Needing to be in and out of there fast, if they find the dead body, things will get intense and more complicated.

But while I walked closer to his home, I could sense someone following me. Not this again. I thought before turning around and arching my brow when no one was there. It didn't feel like a vamp was following me; they like to put on a show, and this person seemed to be doing the opposite, so I put to and to together.

Extending my hand out, I felt a person's presents, so I quickly wrapped my hand around what I think is their neck a siphoned. The person yelps while dropping their cloaking spell, revealing Joel. I had a feeling he would follow me. He's just like my sister- Can't help but get in the middle of things.

Joel smiles at me sheepishly when I let him go, "Go back, Jason." I ordered, and he shook his head. "Look, man, we're bros, and whatever you're planning to do at this guy's house? I can help." He said proudly, and I smiled. "Aw, Jason, that's very sweet of you, but..." I trail off playfully while fixing his shirt. "This is my mess, so go back to my sister." I said coldly, watching his smile fade.

"Man, I don't know what you did, but this is a mission for all of us, and I'm in charge here. Last time we checked the fine print." Joel stated, thinking it would make a difference, but it didn't. When I opened my mouth to speak, I was cut off.

"A mission that got one of my people killed thanks to your guy over there." Marcel said, pissed off. I turn to face him with a grin. "Well, it isn't nice being followed around." I said nonchalantly while some of his men revealed their fangs to me. Marcel's eyes narrowed, "You, see? I didn't have a problem with you Geminis being here, but now one of my people is dead, and that just creates unnecessary enemies." He said while walking over to me with a grin on his lips. I stood still, unfazed, while Joel stood there speechless at the news he had just heard but soon acted fast. "We had a deal, Marcel. We help you, and you help us- no need for anyone to die." He said, making Marcel turn to him for a second before turning to me.

"The deals off."

And with that, Marcel lunged for me, Joel Motus him away from me, which caused the other two vamps to attack.

Well, I'm still mad- might as well blow off some steam.

I grabbed one of the vampires that threw a punch at me and siphoned them until their body began to turn grey, but before I could kill him, Marcel tackled me. I fell to the ground and felt him punch me in the face a few times before I mumbled a spell.

"Incendia." I say, watching his arms catch on fire while kicking him off me. I turn to Joel, who knocks one out while throwing an illusion spell at the other. I look down at Marcel, who stood up and grabbed me by the neck, throwing me against a wall before grabbing a stick.

I felt the air leave my lungs while he stood 15 feet away from me, "You witches are never one to stick by the books- Ironically." He said mainly to himself. "Well, this is for Lilith." Marcel said while throwing the stick at me with inhuman speed.

I had no time to stop it, so I closed my eyes. In a weird way? I felt like I deserved it and death was something I've always wanted- after all these years of torment, but why was I scared? Why did it seem scary?

As I waited for the impact, it never greeted me, only the feeling of someone's presents in front of me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Joel standing right in front of me with a painful smile. "Wow, didn't think it would hurt that much." He said, and that's when it hit me.

He took the hit for me- ...That fool.

My eyes trailed down to his tummy that had a stick going through him with blood all over his stomach. I felt a slight panic overcome me, "Why the hell would you do that." I spat, and he laughed, "What kind of friend would I be if I let you die before you tell Autumn how you really feel about her?" He said while coughing.

What is this feeling...make it go away.

I looked up to check if that vamp was still around, but he wasn't, and neither was his men. Fuck, this is my fault...but I've always wanted him dead, right? I did- I do? I don't know anymore. Seeing him like this is making me feel anxious. "Alright, you idiot, don't move or pull the stick out. I can't have you dying on me and have everyone down my throat about it." I warned while Joel began to lose balance and fall on me. I caught him and placed the guy on the ground while he stared up at the night sky.

"The stars are nice." He says, only angering me, "Stop talking like you're about to die." I spat, making him smile. "Does Kai Parker care about me?" He teased, making me snort. "No, but if you die, no one will forgive me." I bend down to his level and stare at the stick.

Shit. Do I leave him here and get some help? No, he will be dead by then.

Removing my jacket, I ripped it and stared at the stick. "I need to remove it." I say while placing my hands on it and carefully pulling it out of him. Joel groans in pain while he grows pale, I apply pressure to his wound, but the blood never stops coming.

I'm so damn useless.

Joel noticed the look on my face, "It's okay, Kai." He said, and I scoff. "Shut up. Talking will make it worse."

I wanted to stop caring about him, but I couldn't. The feeling of his life in my hands made me feel sick. He saved me just so I could tell Autumn how I felt? How stupid of him, but it felt nice to be cared about weirdly, which is why I feel sick.

Joel's breathing slowed down, making my eyes widen. "Stay with me, dumbass!" I yelled, but he was fading. I felt my eyes water as I watched the light slowly leave his eyes.

No, his life can't end like this because of me. I have to find a way.

//WOW, I'M IN TEARS.... - sorry this chapter took long! It was fun to write Kai's POV and the mess he's created. Thank you so much for reading, and if you enjoyed it? Make sure to COMMENT AND VOTE! The next chapter will have more Kaitumn. This was a Kai chapter that really went over his flaws and emotions. Do you think Joel will survive? Thanks for 9K READS AND ALMOST 400 VOTES AHHH!

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

47.8K 1.5K 19
Normally within the Gemini Coven there are twins hence the name or even singletons, never before has there been a trIplets. Until now that is. Evange...
39.4K 1.1K 37
β™‘οΈŽ "I have to admit, she is one of the most beautiful people I have ever tortured..."β™‘οΈŽ Sienna Bennet is a head strong 20 year old woman and Bonnie B...
67 7 7
What happens when an unlucky human seeks help from a sociopathic witch with no moral compass to save her mother? Let's find out! Kai Parker x Femal...
14.6K 514 46
YOUR Y/N BENNETT YOUR STILL A VIRGIN (JUST TO LET YOU KNOW) Y/N IS MORE INTO FASHION SHE LIKES GIRLY STUFF BUT CAN ALSO SOMETIMES BE A TOMBOY,YOU USE...