Thicker Than Water Vol: 1

By Wavy31

After what some may call a massive human extermination, life expectancy on earth is slim to none and whatever... More

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Pain = Pain
Chapter 3: Good Friends
Chapter 4: Let's Join A Gang
Chapter 5: Blood Ties
Chapter 6: Choose A Side
Chapter 7: Sunday, The Day of Our Lord
Chapter 8: Regrets & Rebirths
Chapter 9: An Award Winning Performance
Chapter 10: Work Smarter, Not harder
Chapter 12: It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere
Chapter 13: Shook Ones Pt. 1
Chapter 14: Shook Ones Pt. 2

Chapter 11: Love = Pain

0 0 0
By Wavy31

Silow's Hideout
Jamaica, Ny
January 24th
2:45am

Neshon and Meli sit across from each other in the dining room. The long elegant table was meant to host a multitude of patrons. Yet they sit across from each other eating quietly. Meli looks up and Neshon, her rose gold eyes shining in his faux white eyes. Neshon looks up at her and clears his throat.

'you should really think about getting a smaller table.'

'yeah yeah because how are we going to pass the food to each other, you've made this joke before.' Meli says while smiling.

'actually, I was gonna ask if you even trust the number of people it'll take to fill this table?' Neshon says with a smirk.

Meli's smile fades. She pushes her chair away from the table and goes towards the stairs.

'wait I didn't say anything wrong!' Neshon yells

He looks over to the butler.

'did I say something wrong?' Neshon asks.

The butler quietly picks up Meli's plate and glass & brings it to the kitchen. Neshon continues to eat his food. Up stairs Meli is waking down the hall and crosses paths with Era. They nod and smile at each other as Meli goes to the bedroom to get it ready for tonight. As much of an asshole as Neshon has been, Meli decides to do something nice for him. So so it'll seem..

Era goes downstairs to the dining room and runs her hand across Neshon's back. He grabs her hand quickly.

'what's wrong with you? You know we can't be doing that in public. She might see us.' Neshon whispers.

Era rolls her eyes. She resents the fact that Neshon still chooses her, she's stronger than Meli in so many ways. Meli just happens to be the leader, but that can always change.

'yeah yeah I know, she's in her room though. I checked. Besides, any of the help tries to talk I'll kill them. I'm sure what I do with my pussy isn't worth their lives.' Era says rolling her eyes.

Silence covers the room. Era laughs and jumps on the table. She crawls to Neshon while he finishes up his plate. The butler takes his plate and Neshon sits back with his glass of wine.

Era opens her legs in front of him.

'I got something that you can eat.' She says with a smile.

Neshon gives her a very unimpressed gaze. He quickly finishes his wine and walks towards the door.

'I'm going to shower.' He says

Era gets off the table. She makes up her mind, she's going to go tell Meli about her and Neshon. Once she tells her that he used his power to make her comply to his needs. Meli won't have any choice but to toss him to the side. Then, they will rise up and take the whole gang from her. Era gives the butler the 'shhhh' signal & goes upstairs to Meli's bedroom.

Era knocks on Meli's door and hears Meli tell her to come in. Meli notices that Era looks uncomfortable and disoriented. She goes to her and sits her down. She offers her a shot of Hennessy and a cup of water. Era takes the shot the drinks some water. Before Meli could even ask what's wrong, Era bursts into tears. Half real & half fake she gets emotional as she tells Meli what's been going on.

'I've always been the strongest of all your officers. I fought my way to get here. No man could tell me that I was inferior, or that I needed to depend on hi-' area starts. Meli cuts her off.

'everyone has something that makes them feel weak. Whether it's some thing, or some body. You made it here through your own strength, not anyone else's. You shouldn't feel dependent on any-' Meli stops after Era starts crying harder. Meli's words are making her regret even saying anything but even madder at herself for thinking to sabotage her. Especially for a man who doesn't deserve her. Either one of them.

'That's the thing.. it's Neshon..' Era says.

Meli stands up quickly and paces the room.

'for a couple months now he's been.. we have..' Era says shakily

'I know..' Meli says. She sighs.

Era is shocked as Meli turns and sits back down next to her.

'He's been acting funny ever since he came back, he's just not the same person. So of course when I first found out about you and him I wanted to have you two sewn together in the 69 position.' Meli says calmly.

Era's eyes widen

'However... with your sketchy behavior lately plus his sudden business, change in humor and all around weirdness I decided to investigate.. I checked his clothes one night and I found these.' Meli says.

Meli pulls out a contacts case and opens it to reveal the two white contacts floating inside.

Era sits up and wipes her eyes. Her confusion is starting to outweigh her sadness. He looks at the case and has so many questions. Almost like she read her mind Meli responds.

'I have no idea either. I want to ask him but all he's going to do it lie to me. On top of him lying about what's been going on & him taking advantage of you, there's only one question to be asked.' Era says.

Era watches Meli closely as she opens her closet and pulls a small black chest out of the floor boards. She opens it & there's a bunch of jars with various colored liquids in it.

'slow and miserable or quick and painless?' Meli asks

'how about both?' Era says.

Meli laughs as they hear footsteps coming towards the room. Meli quickly grabs four bottles out the chest and slips them into Era's pocket. She returns the floorboards just in time as Neshon opens the door. He looks at Era in the corner. He grabs Meli and kisses her forehead. Meli kisses his lips and hugs him.

'Era.. would you mind grabbing me and this handsome man a wine bottle from the cellar. Today's a very special day..' Meli says to her.

Meli turns on some music and Era leaves the room quickly to head for the basement.

'what's so special about today?' Neshon asks. He has a look of confusion on his face.

'guys are such airheads.. our enemies are killing each other right now.. Our HQ remains unthreatened since that last time.. & best of all, you came back to me.' Meli says.

Neshon smiles & Meli is kind of shocked. He hasn't genuinely smiled since he's been here & it's timing is impeccable. So much that Meli doesn't trust it. She kisses him and a knock comes to the door.

'come in!' Meli yells

Era comes in with a box. She pulls out two bottles of wine and two glasses. She opens one bottle in front of them, then pours two glasses. She leaves two extra glasses and the extra bottle on the bar. Then drops the box behind the bar. As she goes to leave Meli stops her.

'I say all this to say, I have a surprise for you.. Era come here..' Meli says.

Meli take Era's hand and brings her into the other room. It's a bedroom converted into her main closet and she quickly looks for something for Era to throw on. Era looks confused at first the realizes what's happen when Meli hands her black lingerie. Era quickly gets dressed.

Era: the first and second bottle are good, the third bottle is that mix of slow and painful that I wanted.

Meli smiles and ties the corset for Era. She lightly sprays herself with perfume and they fo back into the room.

Neshon is thoroughly confused. 'I thought you had a surprise for m-' He starts.

He stops as he sees Meli and Era standing infront of him half naked. He sits up and rests his back against the headboard. He tries to hide his excitement.

'this is the surprise?' He asks.

He cracks a smile as he pats the bed.

'there's always room for more in a California king...' he says with a smile.

Meli and Era crawl on the bed and start kissing. Neshon drops his guard completely as he goes to grab wine for everyone. They toast and down three cups quickly. Then Era grabs Meli and kisses her, semi anxious to get this over with.

After what felt like a few hours, the first two bottles were done & they were on their 3rd round of sex.

Meli goes to the bar and pops the third bottle.

'but the second bottle isn't even halfway done yet.' Era says

'you're right. Let's finish that first.' Meli replies.

'you two can share that. After the work I put in tonight. I need a whole bottle to myself.' Neshon says.

He grabs the bottle from Meli and takes two long drinks. They watch him in amazement and look at each other out the corner of their eyes. Meli snaps back into it and kisses his stomach. She looks back at era and signals her to come over. She kisses down his stomach and drops the towel he put around his waist. She sits him down on the bed and Era starts sucking his dick. He leans back on his elbows and watches her. Meli comes with her glass of wine and raises it to toast with him.

'I wanted to give you a special night.. everything you've been through brought you here & you're going to get everything you deserve. We all are.' Meli says with a smile.

He taps his bottle against her wine glass. She finishes her cup and watches him down the rest of the wine. Neshon finishes the wine, throws the bottle to the side and it shatters.

'It's time for me to stop playing with y'all. It's bedtime for y'all this rou-'. Neshon suddenly freezes & his eyes roll back in his head. He falls to the floor and starts convulsing. Era and Meli stand over him smiling. His convulsions subside and he's foaming out his mouth, struggling to fight the poison.

'like I was saying, everything you deserve is coming to you... I don't know who's more of a dickhead, you or me because I should've seen this coming... fucking my right hand? Really?! You couldn't even keep it to a civilian?' Meli yells.

Neshon is just looking at Meli and then back at Era. He was completely blind sided & he makes up in his mind... he's not dying alone.. His body is going through excruciating pain as he tries to shape shift to pass the poison. He pulls the contacts out of his eyes and drags himself into a corner. Meli and Era walk up and stand over him waiting for him to take his last breath. Meli bends down and gets close to Neshon's face.

'it was great while it lasted, but you're not built for this lifestyle. Should've just stayed a regular person..' Meli says.

That wakens a beast inside of Neshon. Suddenly the poison isn't affecting his body anymore, he feels more rage than anything. How dare she tell him what he's not built for, especially now that he has the means to hold himself down.

'you know, I almost believed you loved me for a second there.' Neshon says while laughing.

He stands up slowly as the last of the poison leave his body.

'but I had to remember who I am...' Neshon says

He quickly grabs Meli by the throat and lifts her off the ground...

'I am the book of revelations..' He says.

Era runs to the side table to hit the emergency button & Neshon throws Meli into her. Her finger just barely pressed it. Sirens erupt everywhere, and the power shuts down in the HQ building. As quickly as era and Meli could stand, Neshon was standing in front of them. They look up and see his eyes. His onyx and gold eyes start spinning slowly as they become lost in his eyes.

'Burn it down.' He says

Like they were possessed Meli and Era get up and leave the room. Neshon turns around and goes to the bar. As he puts ice in his glass he hears an automated message telling everyone to stay in their rooms and lock their doors.

'no point in wasting good liquor...' Neshon says.

He sits back on the bed and gazes out her floor to ceiling windows, his eyes returning to their onyx and gold form. The fire sprinkler system comes on. He stands up and gets dressed then walks toward the windows. As he looks he sees a building on the left explode, the flames started to spread to the next buildings. Neshon chuckles as the men scramble around the courtyard, trying to figure out what started this. Neshon finishes his cup and tosses it on the ground. He grabs the bottle off the counter top and laughs as he spills a little on the floor.

'for ya dead homies...' Neshon says while laughing.

Neshon calmly walks through the building as everyone is panicking to find an exit. He makes his way out the back door and barricades it. Once outside, he heads to the middle of the courtyard with the few survivors and soak up their fear and confusion. Meli and Era, who are still in a trance walk into the courtyard.

'ahh, my favorite ladies, great work. Any thoughts on what just happened?' He asks.

They stare at him with blank faces. The rest of the people in the crowd turn and face him too.

'righhhtttt... glad we could work it out.' He says with a grin.

He takes a drink out the bottle as an officer runs up to him and grabs his arm. Neshon's katana slices off his head before he could even utter a word. He wipes off his blade and puts it back.

'you ladies have one more task, now that I think about it... kill the survivors' Neshon says calmly.

He starts walking away then stops.

'oh yeah, then each other...' He says.

Neshon takes another drink from the bottle as they start to slaughter their own members. He goes to the basketball court and sits on the bleachers and watches. The last Silow tries to run through the basketball court and Era chases him down. She tackles him & uses her index finger nail to make a small cut on his neck. His eyes roll back in his head and they come back a rose gold color around his iris. Neshon sits up a bit. He's thoroughly entertained but also worried in the back of his mind. This is the first time anyone under his mind control has made an independent decision.

Era and her henchman circle Meli. The henchman lunges at her when her back it turned and Meli evades it. As he flys by her she takes a nail and scratches the back of his neck. He gets up off the floor quickly and has a sudden look of terror on his face. He looks from Era to Meli as sweat starts dropping from his face.

'NOO! STOP!' The henchman says.

He covers his ears and starts rocking on the ground. His ears and eyes start to bleed and then his nose. He falls back on the ground, dead. Neshon is very intrigued, if their abilities can be canceled out, could his be too? Just before he could react, Meli and Era start sprinting towards each other full speed. Their flurries of fists and weaves cut through the air. They creating a wind force so strong just the wind behind it cuts their skin. They break apart and look each other in the eyes. What Neshon didn't see through all the fighting is that the effects of his hypnosis wore off long before the last silow was killed. Meli and Era stare at each other with rose gold pupils. Their fighting had been convincing up until now. Knowing one of them had to die they had planned it all the way through.

'wait, I'll give you guys a little help...' Neshon says.

He throws his twin Katana's out onto the court & each of them pick one up. This might be the chance they've been looking for. They move closer to each other and simulate what they think Neshon wants to see & it's working. They start taking advantage of their environment, jumping off cars, running across walls, evading the blades with the most graceful moves. Neshon is quite proud of himself as he sits back on the bleachers, trying to finishing the gallon of Hennessy. The women starts fighting closer and closer to the bleachers until they start making their way up it. Neshon starts to slide over as they get to close to him. They continue to meet swords & the battle seems even. Neshon spills some liquor on the bleachers and Era slips on it while Meli lunges her katana towards her. The sword pierces Eras side and almost takes a whole piece out of her. Meli suddenly stops as Era slides down the bleachers onto the court leaving a trail of blood behind her. Neshon stands and gives her a round of applause.

'you know I didn't know what I was gonna get, but this is way better than I expected.' Neshon says with a smile.

He goes down the stairs and grabs his katana off the floor.

Neshon sighs. 'this sword wasn't made for losers... time to get new ones, I'd hate to waste a goo-' Halfway through his sentence Meli jumps off the bleachers and has the katana pointed down, ready to pierce his skull. As he gets to the last word he wraps his hands around Meli's neck, almost like he saw it coming the whole time. He takes the katana out her hand & grips her throat.

'sword... you really thought you could out think me? That's cute actually. You wanna be like daddy.' Neshon says with a smile.

She spits on him and he backhands her.

'during the old way, you know how they'd treat dogs who bit their owner?' Neshon asks while laughing at her

Meli starts kicking him, trying to get free.

'I like that, keep fighting. It might just save your life... just not this life...' Neshon says.

'you wouldn't kill me..' Meli strains to whisper

Neshon sighs. 'I remember my uncle taking me to the vet to get my dog euthanized, they put him to sleep and he died peacefully... another time, my dad took my dog in the backyard and shot him in the face.... Imma give you a little bit of both.' He says.

He lifts the katanas and she starts fighting more.

'don't think of this as getting killed, more like getting put down.' He says with a grin.

He squeezes her neck harder until she passes out. Then he throws her on the ground next to Era & uses his Katanas to pin her shoulders down to the ground. Then he breaks the swords off & bends the tips so that she couldn't get up even if she survived this. He looks at Era in a pool of her own blood and a weird sense of guilt falls over him. He hasn't felt that in so long he was disgusted by it. He shook the feeling off, poured a stream of Hennessy in between them. He turns to walk off, with a pool of blood at his feet & the wild flames behind him. The only thing you can see past his silhouette are those gold pupils. He heads upstairs to Meli's office in seemingly untouched HQ building.

'glad these bitches had a little common sense, or maybe none at all to leave the HQ intact...' He says.

He gets in the office and starts going through the files on the computer. He wants to see what their next big move was. They've been infiltrating Noremac territory for months now undetected, placing small C4 bombs in various places. They called it Operation Atlantis, which caught Neshons's attention immediately. He sees that they planned to create a sink hole that might have the potential to drag the whole city down it. Neshon shakes his head as he goes through the files. He decides to use this to his advantage. He gets on the phone and the ready as ever C, answers the phone.

'what is it?' C asks

'something you'd like to know..' Neshon says.

He sends the files over to him. There's a silence as the board goes over the plans.

'interesting, so what do you want to do with it?' C asks.

'we're going to use their plans to help ours. We're going to lure my old friends into a trap of their own making. Same way as last time.' Neshon says.

C starts to laugh. 'you know I like your style more and more each time we talk. I have to consult the board first... all in favor?' C says

Silence

'we have a unanimous vote for your plan. Let us know what your plans are and we can see what we can do to help. We have a spy on the inside, he's been one of ours from the very beginning.' C says.

'wait who?' Neshon asks.

'we have agreed to keep the informants name and position anonymous.. for the safety of our future endeavors.' C replies

Neshon: yeah well, I don't work with snakes, I need to know who this guy is before anyone lets him in on any plan.' Neshon says

'that isn't up to you, now is it? You mis understand your position here. You do what we say, we don't kill you.' C says

Neshon laughs

'you, kill me? That's the best joke I've heard all day and today's been full of them.' Neshon says.

C gets quiet. Only thing you hear over the phone is a click. Suddenly Neshon drops to the ground in a seizing fit. After a few seconds, another click & Neshon struggles to get up.

'yes, kill you.. now, be a good boy and do as we say. Bye now. Oh yeah, don't try removing that, it'll self destruct in your neck.' C says.

The phone hangs up abruptly.

Neshon gets up running his neck furiously. As soon as he found a bit of freedom, he was reduced back to someone's lap dog. He decided, one thing at a time. First his friends, then The Corporation.. in no particular order, everyone will pay he just needs a bit more time to prepare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

746 163 50
Delve into the abyss of a post-apocalyptic world where the surface is a wasteland infested with ravenous creatures born of the cataclysmic Great End...
172 13 32
STATUS: COMPLETED. Their worlds have been shattered by evils they weren't able to stop. Their powers, a reminder to all that they have lost. But whe...
664 61 30
So this is been in the works for ages it first started off as a mini story with my friends way back when and it was at most like 5 pages so this defi...
618 53 34
"Powers." he said. "Your parents work here, right?" "Well... Yes, but..." "They didn't tell you anything about the powers?" "What powers?" He rolled...