Resigned Position - Wanda Max...

randomshymary द्वारा

You drink too much and insult your boss in the middle of a bar during a company social gathering. But surpris... अधिक

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Final Chapter

Chapter Three

3.3K 119 33
randomshymary द्वारा

The Director of Human Resources was Mrs. Agatha Harkness, a woman with a curious personality to say the least.

Although she managed the entire personnel management area of the company, she was not known for her sensitivity with people. This turned out to be a very striking trait in her sessions.

Agatha organized a general public session - with twenty other employees, some of whom you were sure had committed some sort of harassment crime just by the expression you received when you entered - with PowerPoint slides and graphics.

It was the biggest bummer of your entire morning. Every minute of that meeting you were thinking of new ways to strangle Wanda, and it ended up going in another direction, and you had to force yourself to pay attention to the presentation or you would have trouble hiding your arousal at the thought of Wanda on top of you again.

To add to your dissatisfaction, when the meeting was over, Harkness said she needed to talk to you.

"Miss Maximoff asked me to look at your case closely." Declared the woman somewhat distractedly, her hands busy with several folders that referred to employee files. "She told me that the occurrence was something minimal, but that you were feeling a lot of pressure over the last few days, and that perhaps a greater number of sessions were necessary."

Biting the inside of your cheek to keep from cursing Wanda out loud in front of yet another staff member, you took a deep breath and forced a smile.

"It was a one-time incent, Ms. Harkness." You commented. "A misunderstanding, plus it happened outside the office, working hours, and under the influence of alcohol."

Your justifications didn't seem to mean much to the woman in front of you, who only muttered in understanding, and turned her attention back to her folders.

You decided to keep talking. "In fact, I myself have a few comments to add that I would like taken into consideration about Miss Maximoff."

That captured Agatha's curiosity immediately, a wicked smile almost appearing on her lips. You see, Agatha wasn't exactly a bad person. She loved her job, and she was the best at it. But if there was one thing she loved, even more, it was gossip.

"Come with me to my office, please. We can just talk before you decide whether to file a complaint," she suggested as she pinned the files firmly to her arm and waved you to follow her.

With a mischievous little smile, already being able to imagine Wanda's reaction to this story, you did so.

//-//

Wanda frowned in confusion when she heard the small commotion outside her office.

And as she got up to understand what was going on, she was even more confused to find her brother greeting the employees as if he were a movie star.

Pietro hugged some people, laughed with others, and waved to those farther away before approaching his sister, who was standing with her arms crossed at the door.

"What are you doing here?" she questioned suspiciously, but Pietro only laughed, kissing her cheek in compliment.

"I came to have lunch with you of course."

"I didn't invite you to lunch."

Pietro laughed again, throwing his hair back. "Come on, Wanda, let's have lunch together. You probably haven't had a decent cup of coffee, and I bet you're starving. We can go to that place you like in the industrial district."

"I'm busy."

"My treat." Pietro insisted, and his sister sighed in defeat.

"Okay, wait for me downstairs." She spoke, and gave the man in front of her a gentle nudge on the shoulder when he winked at one of the employees at the printer. "And try not to get a harassment warning on the way."

Rolling his eyes, he walked away to leave while Wanda went back inside the office to get her cell phone.

–//–

Many minutes later, the two of them were sitting at an outside table at Bistro Arpège, probably Wanda's favorite place in the business district a few yards from the company.

Pietro was pretending well that he had no second thoughts about that lunch. He asked about the boys, about school, about the company, and even ordered a rosé wine for the two of them - which Wanda refused because she was working, and scolded him for asking since he was driving - but couldn't keep up his pretense for much longer after dessert arrived.

"Okay, I want to meet her." He declared, and Wanda chuckled

"Absolutely not."

"What? Come on!" Insisted her brother, but Wanda just looked away to the street, tranquility in her expression as she chewed a piece of strawberry pie. "Please, Wanda. I've never seen you like this."

The redhead frowned her attention on her pie. "Like what?"

"Not sure what to call it." Pietro murmured thoughtfully. "Obsessed wouldn't be the word."

"Shut up." Wanda retorted with a laugh, making Pietro smile.

"I was going to say, in love, but it wouldn't be true the part about watching because I went to your wedding." Pietro argued, stealing one of his sister's strawberries and receiving a repressive look - which he ignored - about it. "That's different from Vis, too. First, he's a guy, and a real asshole one. Two, you haven't been involved with a girl, in what? Twelve years?"

Rolling her eyes, Wanda finishes chewing before answering.

"My sex life doesn't interest you, you know."

Pietro laughs. "Oh, so you've been trying with women again." He deduces, but Wanda doesn't bother to confirm. "Monica didn't tell me about it."

"Because it's nobody's business." Wanda retorted almost uncomfortably.

"Yes, but you know dad..."

"Jesus, Pietro, don't you think I'm past the stage of giving him explanations?" Wanda interrupts impatiently.

Pietro shrugs his shoulders, laughing awkwardly. "It's not about explanations, Wanda. It's just that he tells us to be careful with our public lives, especially for someone in his position. Come on, even I have my adventures in California, but I keep it all pretty private."

With an impatient sigh, Wanda nods for the waiter to bring the bill.

"The only person who came to bother me about this story was you." She declares. "And no, I'm not dating anyone and my relationships are none of your business, so, no, you can't meet her."

Pietro sighed in defeat, and didn't bring up the subject further, realizing that if he pressed at this point he might end up on bad terms with his sister.

As soon as the waiter brought the bill and walked away with his credit card, he asked, "Am I still welcome in the Company?"

Wanda laughed with a frown. "What? Of course! It's still your name on the door, and well, you're annoying, but I love you and always want to see you. Now, goodbye, I need to get back to work."

Spoke the redhead quickly, getting up with her purse to leave the restaurant. She didn't notice the mischievous smirk from her brother, who had just indirectly received the permission he wanted to keep appearing around. Especially at a certain congress that would take place in a few days of which he overheard one of the customers at the back table talking about when Wanda went to the bathroom.

He needed to meet the girl who messed up the life of the flawless Wanda Maximoff because he had promised himself that no one else would ever hurt his twin sister like Vision did right under his eyes. Pietro felt he owed Wanda a debt and making sure she was as happy as he was now was the only way to repay it.

–//–

Wanda knew something was wrong as soon as she met your gaze - and the persistent little smile on your face - on her way back from lunch. After the manner in which you left her office that morning, she expected you to be enraged with her for at least a couple of days, or until the sessions with Agatha were over. Or worse, until you accepted Stephen's offer and left.

But when she entered the floor, one of the few people who hadn't gone out to lunch yet was you, and the satisfied expression immediately fell as suspicious to her.

Wanda would have approached you, inquiring as to why you looked so pleased, but the woman waiting for her at the door made her change her mind.

Agatha was a very competent employee, but Wanda knew very well that she had to be extra careful with someone like her. Sighing almost unnoticeably, she approached to greet the director.

You were having a hard time hiding that you were indeed watching Wanda enter the room with Agatha, and of course, Natasha shared your curiosity about how that meeting would end, but the redhead was starving.

"Please, can we go to lunch now?" She questioned impatiently, and you let out a sigh, looking at the pile of reports delayed by the meeting with Harkness and back at your friend.

"I think I'll ask some takeout, Tasha, I still have so much work..."

"No, no, no!" Nat interrupted already getting up. "We promised to take our lunch hours completely when the project was over yes? No burying yourself in work, you need to take breaks."

"But I-"

"I'll tell Wanda!" She warned making you raise an eyebrow. "Or rather, I'll tell Agatha! You're on very good terms with company politics right now." Ironized the woman making you roll your eyes.

Maria returned from the sales meeting room and already had her bag in hand to leave for lunch.

"So, shall we go?" She asked and Nat patted you on the shoulder to get up soon, and with a sigh of defeat, you did.

You didn't miss the opportunity to take one last look at the figure of Wanda sitting in the armchair, listening silently and with a locked jaw to everything Agatha was reading to her.

"[...] Miss L/N agreed not to make formal complaints as long as you also attended sessions on Leadership and People Management that would ensure proper behavior with your employees." Finished the woman, and despite the impassive expression, Wanda could tell she was very pleased with the whole thing.

Tapping her fingers on the support of her chair, Wanda took a moment to respond. "Of course, Agatha. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and for taking care of everything. Put that on formal record, and I will be more than happy to participate in the sessions with the HR people." The redhead forced a gentle smile, rising to shake Agatha's hand and lead her out.

As soon as the door closed, she let her forehead rest against the wood for a second.

Formal complaints, leadership review sessions...

Wanda smiled to herself. You are playing with fire right now; She should have known that even though you were leaving, you weren't going without shaking her life completely again.

–//–

Maria was not surprised to hear about you and Wanda, and it certainly made her wife slightly upset.

"I just don't think it's fair how you realized before I did that my best friend wanted to sleep with her boss and didn't consider saying, I don't know, 'hey honey, I think Y/N is having homosexual feelings about our manager!'

You almost choked on your lunch, and Maria was already chuckling softly.

"Jesus, Nat, I didn't know it was happening, I just imagined it could be!" The brunette justified herself, but Nat just grumbled.

"It's almost the same thing." She retorted, crossing her arms on the table.

"Do you mind not discussing my sex life in the middle of a restaurant? Especially where half the office comes for lunch." You asked in a low tone, and they agreed with a nod, although Wanda continued as the topic.

"Y/N passed on some complaints to HR this morning." Nat reported, and that surprised Mary. "I wish I could have seen Wanda's expression, but I was hungry enough for that to be in the background."

"Any chance she'll fire you for that?" Hill questioned almost worriedly making you laugh softly.

"No, it would be seen as retaliation." You say. "Besides this, I think she's under the impression that I'm gonna quit."

Maria raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Why?"

"Because she has an offer from the Kamar Taj people." It was Natasha who replied with a proud smile. Maria's eyes widened and she let out an impressed expression, sharing her wife's pride.

"That's incredible, Y/N! When do you start there?"

Nat let out a wry laugh, which confused his wife, and you sighed before clarifying, "I'm not taking it."

"Wait, why not?"

You shrugged, setting your fork down on your plate. "I like working here. Wanda's not perfect, but she's the best I know. And a company where I work with more women than men, with all the benefits and the good salary? That's not something you find just anywhere."

"I thought Strange was going to pay you more." Nat comments distractedly and you sigh.

"He will, but it's not the same role." You comment. "Not to mention that the Kamar Taj doesn't offer the same health insurance, and I get the impression that they don't have diversity as a policy. We met their team at the last Tech Expo, don't you remember? All old, white men."

"Yes, it was a freak show." Nat retorts with a grimace that made you and Maria laugh.

"You didn't tell Wanda you're not quitting?" Hill asked and you bite back a smile.

"Of course not." You answer amused. "After the way she behaved with me? I'm going to put off that conversation as long as possible. If I can get her to beg me to stay it will be a bonus, a scene that improves my year one hundred percent."

"My god, you are terrible." Maria said between laughs.

"You'll need to be careful with Strange then." Nat warns after a moment. "You said Wanda found out through him, didn't you? If you're going to dismiss the offer, he's sure to end up telling her, maybe even at the upcoming convention."

"Damn, you're right." You grumbled getting thoughtful for a moment. "Well, maybe I can postpone my answer. He told me that the offer would be up until the end of the sales season, that is Wednesday. Maybe I can stall him...say I'd like to meet the company first or something. You know how these executives are, they love to show off. And I know Wanda would be even more nervous if she hear about me visiting the Kamar Taj..."

"A little devil I how I would call you." Nat commented getting a giggle out of you and Maria. "Your plan is great, just don't forget to invite me to your wedding."

Your face grew warm, but you gave a short laugh. "Stop it. It's just fun. After all, that's happened, she owes me one for putting up with suffering in her management for so long. And well, if she gets pissed off, the sex gets even better."

Maria laughed, but Nat made a face of disgust. "No talking about it during lunch, please."

You just laughed before going back to eating. With luck, everything would go according to plan, although it did occur to you, for a brief moment, that you weren't quite sure what you were planning, what was the point of all that game between you and Wanda. Doubts were pushed later when Nat mentioned taking you for your favorite strawberry cake at Arpège.

–//–

Minutes of work quickly turned into hours when Wanda concentrated on what she was doing.

It was natural for her. She became so wrapped up in her tasks that she forgot about the rest of the world.

Office hours had ended almost thirty minutes ago, but she still had spreadsheets to finish. And because her eyes were starting to feel heavy, she thought she'd better get some coffee.

Grabbing her cell phone to check with the babysitter that everything was okay with the kids, Wanda left the room, smiling at the selfie Rachel sent with the twins still in their soccer uniforms waving to the camera.

She raised her head when she heard the sound of someone sighing, and was surprised to find a figure with her head buried in a pile of reports, soft hair that she knew well.

Unhurriedly, she approached your desk, leaning her elbow on the partition and looking at your back for a second. Sleeves pulled up to elbow height, hair caught in a bun, exposing the skin of your neck, making Wanda remember what it felt like to bite and hear you moaning-

"Why are you still here?" The words made you jump out of your seat in fright, and then relax as you noticed it was just Wanda, and go back to typing.

"I had some pending matters that I don't want to delay me tomorrow."

"I thought you weren't going to work late anymore." She retorted studying you, but you only let out a short laugh.

"And what choice do I have?"

"If I put an extra appointment on your calendar, I would understand a delay in turning in reports. I wouldn't charge you for it." Wanda insists, but you look at her with a mischievous smile.

"You'd love it if I asked for an extra deadline wouldn't you?" You inquire in a challenging tone, causing Wanda to lick her lips. " Crawling into your office, begging for a favor."

Locking her jaw, Wanda clears her throat to push away the other ways she might like to imagine you begging. "It was just a suggestion."

You didn't lose your posture, swiveling your chair toward her and crossing your arms. "It must be frustrating for you, right, Wanda? Wanting me to submit so badly and seeing me succeed at even the most impossible tasks you demand of me."

Wanda choked softly, her eyes going down to her mouth for a moment. "I never wanted you to fail at anything, Y/N. And I don't mind if you need to ask me for help... But about submitting, that's inappropriate." Even she was not believing that she had managed to put this new barrier between you.

Your confident look faltered. But then you realized that Wanda was clenching her fists, of course, you did, and you smiled again.

"I think we're past what is considered inappropriate, Miss Maximoff." You defiance and Wanda muttered to herself, feeling hot and bothered. She wanted to lean down, kiss you so hard just to wipe that winning expression off your face, and maybe sink her fingers inside you, the only sensation she hadn't experienced yet.

But the office was not empty. And she was on thin ice. You were leaving - after threatening formal complaints if she didn't behave like a decent supervisor - and she still had at least two years of very well-buried feelings that Wanda didn't want out.

With a sigh, she adjusted her posture, adopting her impassive expression again. "Go home, Y/N. If you want to work on those damn reports so badly, do it from your bathtub or something."

You bit back a smile, and when Wanda made mention of leaving, you held her forearm gently, the touch almost making her give it all up, and sending a wave of gentle warmth to your center.

"All right, Miss Maximoff, I'm leaving." You began gently, your fingers tracing their way down Wanda's arm to play with the rings on her fingers. "I'll take the work to my tub, try to have a little fun while I do it... How many fingers do you think I should use?" You ask lowly, and Wanda chokes, watching you take off the first ring. "One? Maybe two..." The second ring comes off, and Wanda has to rest her other hand on the table, her heart racing in her ears. At the third ring, you bite back a smile, staring into her eyes, the pupils as dilated as hers. "I'll be so tight with three."

An affected grunt escaped Wanda, and she pulled her hand away, feeling her face heat up as she met your expression of pure victory, your eyes glittering with mischief as you fit the rings you stole from her onto your own fingers.

A janitor came whistling onto the floor, and Wanda took a step away, trying to clear her thoughts as you rolled your eyes and began to gather your things.

Just as you were ready to get up, Wanda leaned down, took your face by the cheeks, and kissed you so hard that you were thankful you were sitting down.

A moan escaped your lips, but she pulled away just as quickly, a devilish look on her face as she wiped the smeared lipstick off with the tip of her thumb.

"I want to see if you'll be able to cum without my permission." She challenged, and without diverting your eyes from her, you held her wrist to keep her hand on your cheek.

"I'll tell you how many times I did, tomorrow." You promised, moving your face to kiss the tip of her thumb that was wiping off the lipstick, and then walking away at once, leaving a rather frustrated Wanda behind.

–//–

Wanda was not used to this feeling.

To want someone so much that she would risk her whole life for it. Because, except for the boys, her career was her life. And at that moment, she was just thankful that you had turned your back, because otherwise, she would have fucked you at that table, in front of anyone else who took a chance in the after-hours. Screw the consequences.

But that didn't happen. She went back into her own office and had to pretend that she could ignore the growing aching in her center to work.

She did decent reports for forty minutes. Then she figured that if she tried an aspirin, she could forget about the last encounter and go home before seven. Opening the drawer without taking her eyes off the numbered sets, she groped the surface in search of the pills and gasped when she felt the thin fabric against her fingertips.

Fuck me.

Swallowing dryly, she looked down at the set of your clothes that she had left in storage. It was just a way to annoy you by not letting you take it back, maybe she could be selfish enough to have some of you when you left.

But now the little tease had backfired on her - like everything these days apparently - when she felt a warm twinge in her center, the longing to feel your body against hers.

Wanda found her mind wandering. Would you be home by now? Would you keep your word? Take the reports to the bathtub, and if you got too bored, run your hand down your body and bury your fingers right where she wanted to. Would you do this wearing her rings?

Groaning softly, Wanda got up to lock the door, and lower the curtains.

Another thing she didn't have much time to deal with was solo pleasure.

With work and children at home, it was almost an impossible task. If she wanted to, or worse, if it got to the point where she was pining for it, she always did it with a companion. One-night stands, nothing more than that, never someone to stay with, to get involved with.

She sat back in the armchair, one hand resting on her thigh while the other pulled your panties out of the drawer.

If she closed her eyes, she could still feel you. Clenching around her tongue. A sigh escaped her lips, and Wanda let her hand venture inside her skirt, teasing herself over the fabric of her underwear.

She murmured in satisfaction at finding herself so wet, and all she needed was to think of you for half a second. Even though she washed, she risked bringing the item up to her face height, inhaling deeply for any remnants beyond the faint scent of fabric softener she could get of you.

It was no longer there. Fuck automatic washing machines.

She returned the fabric to the drawer with a frustrated grumble, the circular motions around her clit was not enough.

She needed you.

To feel your body in hers, on top, underneath, wherever you wanted. Your taste, your smell, your sounds.

Fuck this. Wanda smiled to herself, removing her fingers from inside her wet, aching pussy. She teased you about being able to finish without her, but that backfired on her, too.

Not being able to cum without someone else. How pathetic. And that was exactly where she found herself at.

With a loud sigh, she decided to get back to work, frustrated or not, she had a company to manage.

–//–

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

15K 719 11
Summary: Returning to your hometown five years after leaving everything behind, including your best friend, is no easy feat. Getting involved in a se...
8.4K 345 4
----Wanda Maximoff x Reader---- When the rumors that you punched Tony Stark in the face spread around your school, some interesting events unfolded.
570K 19.8K 65
What happens when Y/n accidentally texts a guy called Pietro instead of her dad? Social Media fic. Wanda Maximoff x Reader Reached Number 1 in: #so...
7.5K 281 4
The one where you and Wanda are part of the trivia team, and have hated each other since first grade. Or, enemies to lovers in high school (again). F...