Thicker Than Water Vol: 1

Bởi Wavy31

After what some may call a massive human extermination, life expectancy on earth is slim to none and whatever... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Pain = Pain
Chapter 3: Good Friends
Chapter 4: Let's Join A Gang
Chapter 5: Blood Ties
Chapter 6: Choose A Side
Chapter 7: Sunday, The Day of Our Lord
Chapter 9: An Award Winning Performance
Chapter 10: Work Smarter, Not harder
Chapter 11: Love = Pain
Chapter 12: It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere
Chapter 13: Shook Ones Pt. 1
Chapter 14: Shook Ones Pt. 2

Chapter 8: Regrets & Rebirths

0 0 0
Bởi Wavy31

Noremac Hideout
Brownsville, Ny
6am

Irie is in her room looking out the balcony at the rising sun. She reflects on what just happened. Ike walks in laughing.

"Aw man sis, can't say I didn't tell ya so." Ike says.

Irie looks at Ike with a serious face.

"Fake ass nino brown? I told you I was gonna kill that mother fucker and I did." He says.

Ike reaches over and grabs the rolling tray.

Ike laughs. "I could never let a man who tucks in his turtleneck ever play me." He says.

As Ike reaches across irie to grab the weed she grabs his hand and bends it back.

"ah! What the fuck bro?" He yells.

"why didn't you tell me that you knew her?" She asks.

"I know a lot of women, you know you gotta be specific with that sis." Ike says while smiling.

Irie eyes the knife on the table then looks back at Ike.

Ike sighs. "This again? Okay, before you threaten my life, I'll tell you. I met up with her at the black site. She escaped and came back to town. Sorry I didn't inform you sis, I'm a busy man, I can't inform you about everything I do out here." He says.

"that's not the point. That little detail you left out, created a huge problem. As usual, I have to clean it up." Irie says.

Ike lights the blunt and looks out at the sun.

"you know what your problem is.. you can't handle not having control. You thought this whole time that you were just going to take over Brooklyn unopposed, with the manpower we have? We barely have enough new recruits because once they trip the wrong way or their "hail hitler" isn't enthusiastic enough. You kill them. We have more useless deaths on base due to you and your fucked up attitude & you think me not telling you something is the worst of our problems right now?" Ike says angrily.

"my fucked up attitude has kept all of us alive for this long. Fact of the matter is that you're wrong. The enemy was able to get one up on us and you let them." She says.

"the enemy? Oh you mean the people who got the same tip you did about money being in forest hills? By the way sis, who tipped you off about that?" He says.

Irie who always has an argument is silent. She can't argue with that because it was Neshon who told her about the money.

"exactly. Fact of the matter is that you're wrong. So busy counting everyone else's sins you forget about your own." He says.

Ike passes Irie the blunt and stands up to leave.

"well if everyone around me wasn't so incompetent then I wouldn't have so much to do." Irie says with an annoyed tone.

Ike turns around at the door.

"well, I'll make your back just a little bit lighter, Atlas. My sins are my own to count." Ike says.

Ike turns and exits the hideout. Irie scoffs and hits the spliff. Having mix feelings isn't normal of Irie. She knows she's responsible for the death of not only Noremac's but also possibly Neshon. If they never would've went the Retlas would've gotten ambushed on their own. Irie has to think of a plan quick, she shakes off the feelings from before and ponders what her next move is.

RETLAS Hideout
Bedstuy, Ny
6:30am

Suri, who was cut in the shoulder is getting stitches from Osal. Norach is sitting in the corner fuming.

"okay, bite down on this pillow, this is gonna sting."Osal says.

Suri winces as the alcohol hits her shoulder

"for the leading medic camp out of every set we sure are using basic methods." Norach says.

Suri laughs. "well if it ain't broke don't fix it right?" She says.

Norach doesn't laugh, he doesn't understand how Suri can be so lighthearted after a lost battle.

"ahh man, so much for the "transporter for the souls" I know what you're thinking though, we did lose a lot of guys in this fight. We actually took more losses than we ever have before. We're not completely finished though. We have more manpower than any other gang & now that we've seen their fighting styles-" she says.

Norach interrupts her. "it's not about the losses. It's about how effortlessly they did it. It's like they were trained from birth to fight. By the way, how did that shit even happen? It was secluded, how'd they get the drop on us?" He says.

"it's like they knew every element of our plan. From recon to the infiltration.. & they still let us do it.. why?" Suri says with wonder.

"I smell a rat." Norach says.

Suri jumps in pain and Osal puts in the last stitch. He bandages her up and heads out the room.

"OSAL." She says.

Osal stops dead in his tracks and turns around slowly, not knowing what to expect.

"you've been with me from the very beginning. Have you seen anything out of the ordinary? Anyone acting strange lately?" Suri asks him.

"no, not that I know of. I'll definitely be on the lookout for anyone acting out of character and be sure to report it to you." Osal says.

"I also want you to bring us a copy of everyone's com relays." Suri says.

Osal looks at Suri and she nods at him. He nods towards the two of them and leaves the room. He hurries to his office and closes the door. He gets onto his computer and sends a com relay to an unknown sender. The message was: "They know someone on the inside set them up. I want to make a deal with you, or I will make sure they one for your head next." He hastily sends the email as he hears a knock on his door. He deletes all the emails from his computer and wipes the memory card. He tells the person to come in and Norach enters.

Norach paces Osal's large office and observes all the beautiful trinkets he has. He sits and wonders how long Osal has been going behind Suri's back & how he's going to expose him.

"I came to retrieve the copies of the com relays. Suri wanted to make sure we had those as soon as possible. I'm sure you understand." Norach says.

Osal nods and smiles at Norach. Heading to his computer to comply. With his back turned to Norach his smile turns into a grimace. He hates Norach and resents Suri for making him her right hand man. He was the very first person to become apart of the gang, he doesn't understand why Suri loves Norach and second ranks him.

Osal hands Norach a file with the pre doctored records. He's not worried about anything going wrong. He smiles as Norach starts to walk out his office. Norach stops and turns around.

"thank you & do be sure to tell us of any odd behavior. We'll be doing our own investigation as well." Norach says to him.

"of course, whoever did this obviously thought they'd be able to destroy what we so beautifully built. Only the few who were here in the beginning actually knew what it took." Osal says.

Norach rolls your eyes. "the old way? You can't actually believe those tired ass methods worked." Norach says.

"no I mean in the beginning, before the recruits. When it was only five of us... before you.." Osal says.

Norach starts laughing uncontrollably. Osal's face is as straight as stone. Norach draws his gun and hands it to Osal. He guides the gun to his head and puts Osal's finger on the trigger.

"if you can pull this trigger RIGHT NOW & kill me then you deserve to be in my shoes." Norach says confidently.

Osal's hands start shaking, he wants to pull the trigger. a few times actually, but he thinks about how that would actually play out. More than likely this is just a set up to figure out who the rat is. Osal takes his finger off the trigger and lowers the gun. Norach snatches his gun from him and holsters it. Still laughing.

"oh boy, I guess I gotta spell it out for you.... you're a bitch. That's why you could never be me, in my shoes, or with the authority of Suri. Makes me think, you've been eyeing my spot for a while now huh? You gotta come take it from me." Norach says with a grin

Norach exits the room still smiling and Osal is left standing in the room with his face serious as ever. He goes to the computer and opens a video chat. A person answers the call but doesn't reveal their face.

"good job. We will be sending you more info on our next step. We will need you in the near future. You're a valuable asset to our operation." The voice says.

"why thank you. Glad to be appreciated somewhere." Osal says with a smile.

"do they have any suspicions?" They ask.

"not of me, not yet at least. About that, the heat is going to be on. I want to make sure we're still good on our deal." Osal responds.

"when you make a deal with the Corporation, we always come through on our end. It's your end that you should worry about. Continue to make yourself useful & you will be protected.'" The person says.

Suddenly the video call ends & Osal clears the screen. He turns his chair around to face his huge floor to ceiling windows where outside seems like light years away.

Black Site
Ny, USA
2037
8:46 am

Neshon is placed on an examination table, he has multiple IV's inside him. Some filtering his blood, others mixing his blood with other blood types. They cut his stomach open to see how the blood was interacting with his organs. Neshon is still passed out as the corporation board stands around the table with a blog smoke cloud around them.

"you guys know you can't smoke in here." O says.

The board members put out their spliffs, everyone except C.

O let's out a sigh. "why do you think the rules apply to everyone but you?"

C steps closer to Neshon's body & ashes in his open stomach.

"yo what the fuck! This could be the one success we have & you want to fuck it up with your niggerish behavior." O says.

C shrugs. "I never really cared for him anyway. He reminds me too much of someone else." He says.

"I don't give a fuck if he looks like your mom on Easter Sunday. Stop fucking with my progress." O says.

C laughs and puts out his spliff.

"now then, trials 1-5 was a success. We're on trial 7 out of 10. I'm going to see him up and wake him up. I'd like you guys to see." O says.

O sews Neshon up & bandages him up. He wakes him up from the medically induced coma & stands the table up. Neshon opens his eyes & looks around.

"look all you want but you've never seen a place like this.. where do you think you're at?" He says

"this is hell." Neshon says quietly.

The board laughs at his response.

"& what? We're all the devil?" I says jokingly

The laughter continues but is cut short with Neshon's response.

"No..... I'm satan. You're simply my current ball and chain. I don't care what your purpose was for saving my life. Now that you did, I only have one goal." Neshon says.

The board, impressed by Neshon's level of nerve, almost unanimously became intrigued.

"& what would that goal be?" D asks.

"when the time comes... I want to be able to kill them, all three of them.." Neshon says angrily.

The board looks at each other confused & shrugs it off

"you can kill anyone you want, however, we need you to do a few things for us first.." C says with a smile.

Neshon smiles and closes his eyes as O puts him back into the medically induced coma. He needs to heal so they can finishe the last three trials. Neshon is determined to survive, he wants to pay his friends one last visit.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
Powerless Bởi Wyt Wiif

Viễn tưởng

618 53 34
"Powers." he said. "Your parents work here, right?" "Well... Yes, but..." "They didn't tell you anything about the powers?" "What powers?" He rolled...
Pb (Lead) ✅ Bởi Dray, The Scribe

Khoa Học Viễn Tưởng

1K 444 16
It's always hard to stay true to what you believe in, especially when it's the crucial moment when it will cost you your life. But what if the attemp...
193 14 25
In 2037, in the middle of nowhere, lies a newly built testing lab, owned by the government. The government is unfortunately corrupted, and has led t...