Insanity ♧ L. Cheong-San x OC...

By honeyystarrs

"Cheong-San, if you turn into a zombie, I want you to bite me. I think we'd make a great zombie couple!" Cheo... More

[-]
[01] quadratic equations
[02] it's not a crush (it is)
[03] bare-su(perman)
[04] bite me
[05] mad world
[06] train to busan
[07] keep her safe
[08] the hardest goodbye
[09] class 2b
[10] traitor
[11] who has to go?
[13] sunrise
[14] not here
[15] void
[16] aftermath
[17] the bully's gopher
[18] hambie girlfriend
[19] cravings
[20] super-hambie
[21] rooftop

[12] zombie couple

7K 287 304
By honeyystarrs

"Do you think zombies need to sleep too?" I wonder out loud.

From beside me, I hear Cheong-San scoff, shaking his head incredulously. "They're dead, why would they need sleep?"

I shurg. "I don't know, it must be tiring walking around and hissing every five seconds." I press my palms on the window sill, observing the zombies on the ground. "What do you think happens to them if they don't eat for a long time? Do they die of hunger?"

Cheong-San furrows his eyebrows, not responding to my question.

"Do you think they still recognize us, or have their memories even if they're zombies?" The idea of zombies existing never crossed my mind, but standing above them and observing them made me think. I look down at my hands. "I hope if I turn into a zombie I won't forget you guys. I don't want to accidentally end up eating you."

"That's... thoughtful of you, I guess." Cheong-San mutters.

I nod. "Yeah, because if I do accidentally end up eating you I'd probably get food poison."

Cheong-San shoves me playfully. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I laugh. "It means I don't think any of you would taste good."

"That's insulting, Tokki." Cheong-San laughs along.

"But for real though, I don't want to end up eating anyone of you if I do turn into a zombie." I sigh.

Cheong-San places his hand on top of mine, making me look at him. "You won't turn into one. I won't let you."

"Likewise." I smile at him. "But if you do end up turning into a zombie, I want you to bite me too."

"Why would you want that?" Cheong-San asks.

"Because it would be boring without you." I shrug. "Besides, I think we'd make a great zombie couple!"

"C-couple?" Cheong-San chokes, stepping away from me a little.

I smile at him sadly. "Yah, don't act so disgusted, I was just joking."

"N-no! I'm not disgusted." He steps closer to me, our shoulders bumping. "I'm just surprised you'd say that."

"Why?"

"Don't you... hate me?" Cheong-San's voice is soft, almost as if he's insecure.

I look at him, gaze soft. "I could never hate you, Lee Cheong-San. Sure, you annoy me the most and sometimes I just want to tape your lips shut-" He snaps his head towards me. I raise my pointer finger to his lips to prevent him from retaliating. "But! You're my person. You're the first person I think of when something good or bad happens to me. Whenever I'm in trouble, I'm never nervous because I know you'll be right there... and I feel like myself when I'm with you."

He looks up and meets my gaze. For a few seconds it feels like it's just the two of us. No zombies, no classmates... just us.

But of course, Cheong-San being Cheong-San, he simply raises his arm and presses the back of his hand against my forehead. "You sure you don't have a fever? Are you turning into a zombie right now? Do people turn the opposite of how they usually are when they turn into zombies?"

I scoff and slap his hand away. "Thanks for ruining the moment, you ass. I'm never going to be nice to you ever again. Remember this day, Lee Cheong-San."

Cheong-San laughs loudly- the loudest I've ever heard him laugh before- and it makes me smile. I wish he'd laugh like this more.

"You keep surprising me, Tokki." He ruffles my hair. "I'm not saying I don't like it though."

I lift my chin. "That's more like it."

"Aish, Dae-Su you asshole!"

We both turn our attention to Joon-Young who's scurrying out of the make-shift bathroom, face pale and nose scrunched.

"What? It doesn't smell that bad, does it?" Dae-Su mumbles.

Wu-Jin, who is positioned near the bathroom, gags. "Yeah, it doesn't smell bad. It smells horrible."

The smell finally reaches me, and I wave my hand around frantically. "Yah, Wu-Jin, close the fucking door."

Wu-Jin obliges hesitantly, not wanting to go anywhere near the make-shift bathroom.

"Guess we have to find more materials for a new toilet tomorrow." Hyo-Ryung sighs.

"I don't want to be here by tomorrow." Ji-Min says.

I turn back to face the field once more. I see one zombie repeatedly walking against a pole, and it makes me snicker. "That zombie looks dumb."

"You won't be laughing if that zombie ends up eating you."

I yelp in surprise, turning my head to face Su-Hyeok who is now standing on the other side of Cheong-San.

"Bare-Su, don't fucking scare me like that." I say, placing my palm on my chest.

"We're literally the only people here, how can you still be surprised?" Su-Hyeok's gaze held a glint of amusement.

"I was busy thinking." I reply, resting my elbows on the window sill.

"About what?"

"You wouldn't want to know." Cheong-San shakes his head.

"Bare-Su, do you think zombies can die of starvation if they don't eat for a long time?" I turn to him with a serious expression.

He opens his mouth to speak, then shuts it again. He looks at Cheong-San for help.

Cheong-San raises his hands. "Don't look at me."

"Idiots." I roll my eyes.

I scan the room and find Nam-Ra, deciding to ask her instead.

"Yah, Nam-Ra, you're smart, aren't you?" I ask as I approach her.

She simply blinks up at me. "What?"

"Do you think zombies can die of starvation?" I ask her, tilting my head sideways.

Nam-Ra blinks some more. "I guess not... since they're already dead?"

"Can they be dead if they have a beating heart? They do have a heart, don't they? Because if not then there would be no way to kill them... again." I tap my chin, deep in thought.

"Na-Ri," Wu-Jin approaches us and forces me to turn to face him. He presses his palm on my mouth. "Don't think too much, you'll hurt your head."

Nam-Ra snickers, and I can hear On-Jo laugh out loud as well. I glare at them one by one before my gaze finally lands on Wu-Jin. He still has his palm pressed against my mouth, so I lick his hand.

He gasps and retracts his hand, gaze flickering between his hand and me.

I smirk at him. "Serves you right, you ass." I bump his shoulders as I make my way towards On-Jo who is seated on the floor in front of Cheong-San and Su-Hyeok.

"On-Jo," I whine, leaning my head on her shoulder. "Wu-Jin is bullying me."

"Aish, this girl." Wu-Jin says. "You're lucky you're cute."

"What did you just say?" I lift my head to glare at him.

"Nothing~" Wu-Jin fakes a smile.

I flip him off and rest my head on On-Jo's shoulder again.

"On-Jo, I'm sleepy." I pout.

She pats my head, chuckling lightly. "Then sleep."

"I need a pillow."

"Here, you can use my jacket."

"No, then you'll be cold." I snap my fingers. "I got it!"

I take Su-Hyeok's blazer off and run my fingers across the hem of my vest, tugging it upwards to pull it off as well.

"Y-yah! What are you doing?!" Cheong-San panics, rushing towards me and pulling my vest back down.

"What the fuck?" I glare at him. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking my vest off to use it as a pillow."

"O-oh." Cheong-San looks down, face turning a bright shade of red.

"Ah, you almost gave us a heart attack." Wu-Jin places his hand on his chest.

"Weirdos." I shrug off Cheong-San's hold on me and pull off my vest.

"You could've just used my jacket." Su-Hyeok mutters, scratching the back of his head.

"Don't want to." I fold my vest and lay it on the floor. I lie down and drape Su-Hyeok's blazer on top of me. "I'll use it as a blanket."

On-Jo chuckles and shifts closer to me. She starts to run her fingers through my hair, making me feel drowsy.

"Good night, everyone." I mumble, instantly falling asleep.

"It amazes me how fast she can fall asleep." Gyeong-Su shakes his head. "We're in the middle of an apocalypse and she falls asleep in seconds."

"Let her be." Su-Hyeok says, crouching down near my feet. "It's been a long day, we all need to rest."

"You guys rest, I'll stand guard." Cheong-San settles down beside me, a soft smile on his lips as his gaze flickers down my sleeping form.

"Wake me up when you feel tired, okay?" Su-Hyeok tells him.

Cheong-San nods.

If he's being honest, sleep is the last thing on his mind. How can he sleep knowing that at any moment, something bad might happen? He almost lost his best friend.

"She'll be okay." On-Jo says, catching Cheong-San by surprise.

"What?"

"Na-Ri." She answers. "You're worried about her, aren't you?"

"I'm worried about everyone." Cheong-San blushes.

"Yeah, but you're worried about her the most." On-Jo smiles. "It's okay, I know."

"Don't say it out loud." Cheong-San's shifts his gaze around the room nervously.

"Don't worry, she won't know unless you spell it out for her." On-Jo laughs. "She's pretty clueless when it comes to these things."

Cheong-San smiles softly. "I know." He moves a strand of hair away from my face. "I'll tell her someday."

"You better, or else..."

"Or else what?"

On-Jo looks at him wistfully. "You're not the only one who likes her you know."

Cheong-San looks between Su-Hyeok and Wu-Jin. "I know."

He's unable to sleep that night, not only because of the danger that lurks around the halls, but because of all the 'what-ifs' running through his mind.

In a world where any day might be your last, the things that seemed trivial to you in the past is suddenly the only thing you can think about.

an. helloooo! please feel free to answer na-ri's questions because i honestly don't know the answer to them as well :)) aannddd of course, the usual treat ! ♥︎

damn look at those cheekbones 🤤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 152 9
Your hands tainted with blood, but he'd still hold them.
1.5M 78.4K 51
"ya... a whole horde of zombies versus one y/n? this is going to be fun!" [complete!] [wu-jinxreader] [variousxreader] [started: 31/01/22] [extended...
118K 5.6K 13
"You're alive!." "No shit Sherlock, of course, I'm alive. Why the fuck would l be standing in front of you dipshits instead of being dead- also, abo...
202K 5.6K 42
" Our hearts closed off and stubbornly set in stone Refusing to acknowledge it all " Chan-mi could never imagine that her normal school day would end...