𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 ➢...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Nabina Rai has had an overall difficult life growing up. She got sick at a young age but got... More

• AESTHETICS •
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟮 -
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟯𝗔 -
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝟯𝗕 -
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
- 𝗕𝗢𝗡𝗨𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 -

Ch. 3 - ICE PICK

3.4K 141 72
By _devilishEJ_

Nabina's outfit:
Hospital / School / Railway Depot / Home -

School / Ice Rink -

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

Chapter Three
🦎 Ice Pick 🦎

Stiles and Lydia stood in PE, watching Scott and Allison climb up the rock climbing wall. Suddenly Allison kicked Scott's foot making him fall off to the mat with a groan making everyone laugh. "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach said leaning down to Scott before standing back up, looking at his clipboard, "All right, next two. Stilinski. Erica. Let's go!" 

Stiles stepped alongside Erica Reyes, a girl whose nerves look as frayed as her hair. While Stiles quickly climbed the rock wall, Erica slowly dragged her out-of-shape body up. A moment later Stiles landed back down on the mat while everyone else looked up to Erica, pinned on the wall, not moving. "Erica? You okay? Dizzy? Vertigo?" Coach called out, "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out." Lydia said. 

"Erica!" Coach called, "I'm fine." She called back weakly, "Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Allison said, making Coach look at her wide-eyed before looking back up. "Why the hell doesn't anyone tell me these things? Erica, you're good. Push off. I'll ease you down." Coach said. 

Closing her eyes, Erica finally pushed off. She swung out, hands grasping desperately for the safety line. Coach grappled with the cord, managing to ease her down before helping her out of the harness. She slowly turned to face the stares, some with pity in their eyes, some finding amusement in the situation. 

"That's it, Erica. Shake it off." Coach said and a few kids laugh, as she walked away. 

🦎 

Derek Hale walked out of Erica's hospital room and started walking down the hall. He was about to walk past a room but slowed slightly when he heard a girl with a british accent talk. 

"So it's back?" Nabina Rai asked as she sat on the bed, her mother, Saanvi Rai, standing in front of her with a defeated look on her face. "It is..." Saanvi said, while Nabina had a British accent, her mother had a Nepali accent. Nabina nodded slightly before taking a deep breath, "And it's worse than it was the last time." She said and her mother sighed and shook her head. 

"I didn't say that." Saanvi said and Nabina raised her eyebrows, "Āmā, I've been having trouble walking for the past month. I mean- I had to use a wheelchair just to get to this room because I couldn't walk." Nabina said and Saanvi sighed softly. "We haven't figured out yet if we're gonna be able to remove it yet." Saanvi said, making Nabina suck in a deep breath as she glanced down. 

A tear started to fall down Nabina's cheek making her quickly wipe it away. "Hey." Saanvi said, making her daughter look back up at her. "Have faith, okay? You've gone through this before, you can do it again. I'm going to go talk to the other Doctors and when I'm done then we can go home." Saanvi said and Nabina nodded slightly before her mother kissed the top of her head then started to walk away. 

Nabina took a deep breath before she reached out to grab her phone, her arm shaking as she did so making her sigh in frustration and set her phone back down. 

"Don't panic." A voice said, making Nabina jump and look over to see Derek standing in the doorway. "Who the hell are you?" Nabina asked, eyeing him warily as he walked in and closed the door behind him. "My name's Derek Hale." He said before grabbing her medical chart at the end of her bed. 

"Cerebellum brain tumor?" Derek asked as he glanced at her and Nabina sighed deeply and shrugged slightly. "Well, I've got nothing to lose so why not tell a creepy stranger all about my medical story..." Nabina muttered before looking at him. "It makes pretty much all my muscles weak. I can barely walk or lift anything up..." Nabina trailed off slightly. 

"I've had this before but it's worse now and most likely won't be able to be removed... and if it gets any worse, which it will, I probably won't be able to speak or understand anything. I could start having seizures, personality changes, my vision could go to absolute shit... and more." Nabina said and shrugged slightly. 

"Basically, I'm sixteen years old and my life is pretty much over." Nabina said and Derek nodded slightly before walking around to the side of the bed where she was sitting. "What if I told you that I could make all of that go away? The tumor, the side effects, the symptoms... all of it. And what if all those things not only went away, but everything else got even better?" Derek asked, making Nabina stare at him for a moment. 

"How?" She asked in a slight whisper and Derek smiled at her before his eyes glowed red. 

A little while later Saanvi walked back into the room, "Okay, let's go home." She said as she grabbed the handles to a nearby wheelchair. Nabina glanced down at the ground for a moment before getting off the bed making her mother's eyes widen. "Nabina!" Saanvi said, fully expecting Nabina to fall to the ground but Nabina stood there, completely fine. 

"You couldn't walk at all just a few hours ago." Saanvi said and Nabina took a deep breath, biting her lips and shrugged slightly. "I- I don't know. I just felt a moment of straight." Nabina said and Saanvi raised her eyebrows, "You don't feel shaky? Or weak? Dizzy?" Saanvi asked and Nabina shook her head. 

"I feel fine... And since I feel fine, can I go hang out with a friend?" Nabina asked and her mother looked at her crazy, "Please? I haven't been able to hang out with anyone in a while. They can pick up so you can finally work a full day again like you've been wanting to." Nabina said and Saanvi sighed softly. 

"I don't like this. I don't know what's going on... But fine. But you have to text or call me every five minutes." Saanvi said and Nabina raised her eyebrows, "Every five minutes?" She asked and Saanvi nodded. "Would you rather me make your say for observation like I should be doing?" Saanvi asked and Nabina shook her head. 

"No, no. Every five minutes. Got. Okay, thank you. I love you." Nabina said, before kissing her mom's cheek and quickly walking out. 

Nabina pulled up her sleeve a bit to look at the fresh bite on her arm. She took a deep breath, pulling her sleeve back down as she walked out the hospital before going straight over to a black camaro. "You can walk." Derek said as he rolled down his window, "I didn't think it would work this quickly. The bite isn't even healed yet." Nabina said. 

"It will. Get in." Derek said and Nabina walked around the car and got into the passenger seat. A second later, Erica Reyes sat forward from the back seat, making Nabina glance back at her. "I'm Erica." Erica said and Nabina nodded slightly, "Nabina." She said before looking at Derek with raised eyebrows. 

"I hope you see how concerning it is that you, a grown man, bit two teenage girls in the same hour at a hospital." Nabina said and Derek rolled his eyes before driving off. 

🦎 

"Got 'em. I'll pick you up tonight after work and we'll meet at the rink. Cool?" Stiles said as he walked over to Scott after getting a set of keys from Boyd. Scott wasn't paying attention to Stiles, making him follow his gaze to the doors.The entire cafeteria seems to turn their heads almost simultaneously as long, toned legs step through the threshold. Erica walked past everyone, catching every eye with a new found confidence. 

The flash of a bare midriff sends jaws dropping- guys and girls- as the stunning figure approaches a table. Erica reached out to grab some guy's apple, taking a bite before smirking. Walking up to Scott and Stiles, Lydia slammed her hands on the table, "What. The holy hell. Is that?" Lydia asked. 

"That's Erica." Scott said and Erica smirked before walking out the cafeteria and a few seconds later Scott and Stiles shot up and ran after them. 

"Was all of that really necessary?" Nabina asked as she climbed out the camaro as Erica walked over. "A few hours ago they were laughing at me, now they're drooling over me. Totally worth it." Erica said. 

The doors clatter open to the parking lot and Scott and Stiles rush out of the school just in time to see Erica climb into the back seat. Behind the wheel, Derek locked eyes with Scott while Nabina got into the car. Nabina rolled her eyes slightly while Erica leaned forward to look at the boys with a smirk. 

Derek smiled before driving off while Nabia looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. "You're as bad as a petty teenager." Nabina said, making Derek give her a look, "You're going to make me regret biting you, aren't you?" He asked and Nabina shrugged slightly. 

"You're going to need someone who'll say the things others won't." 

🦎 

Derek walked down the stairs to an abandoned railway with Erica and Nabina following behind him. "This is your secret hideout?" Nabina asked as she glanced around, "You have a problem with it?" Derek asked and she pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows slightly. 

"No, I expected more than an abandoned railway depot..." She mumbled making Erica chuckle. The sound of footsteps made Nabina look over to see Isaac walk out the abandoned subway train making her furrow her brows. "How many strays do you have?" Nabina asked and Isaac raised his eyebrows, "You do realize you just called yourself a stay, right?" He asked and she nodded. 

"I'm aware, clearly." She said and he pursed his lips and nodded slightly as he walked up to her. "Isaac Lahey." He said while holding his hand out and she raised her eyebrows, "The guy who killed his dad then ran?" Nabina asked and he shrugged slightly. "Not exactly." He said and she hummed slightly and shook his hand. 

"Nabina." She said and he smirked slightly, "I know." He said making her furrow her brows but he walked away before she could question him. Nabina shook her head slightly before looking at Erica, who was looking at her with a smug smirk and raised eyebrows. 

"What's that look for?" Nabina asked as she pulled her phone out to text her mom, "Nothing, besides the face the two of you are totally going to date." Erica said, making Nabina glance at her with a weird look. "No." Nabina said and Erica shrugged slightly, "I like to think I'm a little psychic, and I think you guys are definitely gonna date." Erica said and Nabina raised her eyebrows. 

"Psychic? Definitely not. Psychotic? Sure." Nabina said and Erica playfully squinted at her, "We are so gonna be best friends." Erica said, making Nabina chuckle and shake her head slightly. 

🦎 

"I don't understand..." Saanvi said as she looked through a chart while Nabina sat on the edge of a hospital bed next to her. Instead of Nabina going home after talking to Isaac, Derek and Erica, Saanvi wanted her to come back to the hospital to run some tests. 

"One minute your tumor isn't removable, the next it completely disappears without any medical treatment." Saanvi said and Nabina shrugged slightly, "Maybe something went wrong with the tech and made it look like there was a tumor when there wasn't." Nabina suggested and her mother gave her a look. 

"That's not how it works, and if that was that case, that doesn't explain how you couldn't walk." Saanvi said before shaking her head slightly. "None of this should be possible. Not even a miracle could do this..." Saanvi said but trailed off at the end making Nabina raise her eyebrows. 

"What?" Nabina asked and Saanvi took a deep breath before looking at her daughter, "Nothing. Um- go home, get ready to start going back to school, I need to call someone." She said and Nabina furrowed her brows, obviously knowing her mother was hiding something. 

"Who?" Nabina asked and Saanvi shook her head, "No one you need to worry about." Saanvi said before patting her daughter's leg and walking away. Nabina watched her mom in confusion as she walked out the room before sighing softly. 

🦎 

"Two's not enough for Derek- I know he needs at least three. So, who's next?" Scott said as he followed Nabina through the halls of the school, "Why are you even talking to me? Go ask Erica or something." She said as she walked up to her locker. 

"Who's next?" He asked in a demanding tone making her furrow her brows, "Why would I tell you?" She asked and Scott signed. "Why are you even with him?" Scott asked and Nabina sighed in frustration before closing her locker and turning to him. 

"Do you know how it feels to not be able to walk on your own? Or to be able to lift the lightest thing?" She asked and Scott shrugged, "I don't care." He said. "Well I do. Whether you, someone I couldn't care less about, likes it or not- Derek might as well saved my life because eventually my tumor would have stopped me from doing anything and everything." Nabina said before shrugging slightly. 

"Now let me ask you a question. Why the hell do you care so much?" She asked and Scott shook his head slightly, "Derek's biting innocent people. Why wouldn't I?" He asked and she sighed and shook her head slightly. "Innocent people that the supernatural will help tremendously. And you're not in the pack. It's not your problem, stop trying to make it." Nabina said. 

"It is my problem because Innocent people are going to die because of him." He said and Nabina shrugged, "We all know what we're getting ourselves into. I'd rather die by the hands of a hunter than my life be over because of a tumor. At least the hunter would be quicker." Nabina said before raising her eyebrows slightly. 

"Now, how about you stop worrying about us, and worry about your hypocritical relationship." Nabina said, making Scott furrow his brows before looking down the hallway to see Allison staring at them. She took a deep breath before walking away, making Scott sigh before looking at Nabina again. 

"Derek's told us all about the Argents." Nabina said before shrugging, "If you're still gonna date the daughter of a hunter then you have more important problems then a pack that's not bothering you." She said before walking away. 

🦎 

"Boyd, I just wanna talk!" Scott called out as he walked into the Ice skating rink where Boyd drove around the zamboni who just ignored him. "Hey, come on. Boyd, please. Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on the full moons- I mean everything." Scott asked and Boyd turned off the machine. 

"He told me about the Hunters." He said and Scott raised his eyebrows slightly, "And that's not enough for you to say no? Whatever you want, there's other ways to get it." He said and Boyd scoffed lightly and shook his head. 

"I just wanna not eat lunch alone every day." Boyd said and Scott sighed, "If you're looking for friends, you can do a lot better than Derek." Scott said. "That really hurts, Scott." Someone said making them look over to see Derek, Erica, Nabina and Isaac walking over. 

"I mean, if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus. Erica, how's life been for you since we met?" Derek asked and Erica hummed slightly, "In a word? Transformative." She said before letting out a growl while flashing her canines and Nabina looked at her weird. 

"Isaac?" Derek asked and Isaac smirked slightly as he glanced at Nabina for a moment, "Well, I'm a little bummed about being a fugitive... but, other than that, I'm great." He said and Derek nodded. "Nabina, how about you?" He asked and Nabina shrugged slightly, "I don't have to worry about a tumor anymore so I think that speaks for itself." She said. 

"Okay, hold on. This isn't exactly a fair fight." Scott said and Derek smirked slightly and shrugged, "Then go home, Scott." He said. When Scott didn't move, Derek nodded slightly making Erica and Isaac start to walk forward. All of the sudden Scott growled and punched the ice below him before looking up, completely transformed. 

"I meant, fair for them." Scott said before letting out a loud roar making Nabina furrow her brows slightly. "Are werewolves naturally this dramatic?" She mumbled to herself. 

After a few minutes of fighting, Scott managed to throw Isaac across the ice and kick Erica against the zamboni. Isaac growled under his breath before getting up and walking towards Scott as Erica got up. Isaac grabbed Scott by the neck, slamming him against the zamboni before tossing him across the ice. 

Scott ran forward, tackling Isaac, slamming him down on the ice a couple times before Erica jumped on Scott's back. Scott backed up, slamming Erica against the zamboni making her fall off him while Isaac ran up. He threw a punch but Scott ducked before punching Isaac in the stomach making him groan and bend forward slightly giving Scott the perfect opportunity to slam his hand down in Isaac's back. 

Isaac sat up slightly but didn't have any time before Scott kicked him in the face making him fall back. "Don't you get it? He's not doing this for you. He's just adding to his own power, okay? It's all about him. He makes you feel like he's giving you some kind of gift, when all he's done is turn you into a bunch of guard dogs!" Scott said before sliding Erica and Isaac across the ice to Derek and Nabina's feet. 

"It's true. It is about power." Derek said before his eyes went bright red as he walked forward and flicked his claws out. Derek let out a small roar as he fully transformed, making Scott back up slightly. Suddenly, Derek slammed his head against Scott's before swiping his claws against Scott's abdomen. Derek punched Scott in the face a few times before punching him in the stomach. 

He went to grab him but Scott swung his elbow back, hitting Derek in the face making Derek step back a bit. Derek smirked and growled slightly before walking towards Scott again. Scott swung his arm out but Derek blocked him before punching him in the face a few times. 

Derek grabbed him before slamming him down on the ice making Scott spit out some blood. Nabina sighed softly as Derek pressed his foot down on Scott's chest. "Derek!" Nabina yelled, making Derek stop, "I think you've proved your point." She said and Derek stepped away from Scott. 

Derek glanced at Boyd before walking over to the other while Boyd walked over to Scott. "Don't... You don't wanna be like them..." Scott struggled to say and Boyd nodded. "You're right..." Boyd said before lifting up his shirt to reveal a large bite mark. 

"I wanna be like you." He said and Scott watched him walk off in the direction the others went before groaning and laying his head back against the ice. 

Outside, Nabina went to take off her jacket before wincing in pain slightly making everyone look at her. She furrowed her brows, taking off her jacket to reveal the bite on her arm still there. "Shouldn't that be healed already?" Isaac asked and Derek nodded, "It should be." Derek said as he walked up to Nabina and grabbed her arm to look at the bite. 

The skin around the teeth marks were a dark red color and there were faded dark purple veins trailing from the bite. "Is that infected?" Erica asked and Nabina shook her head, "That's not what an infection looks like. I'm not rejecting the bite, am I?" She asked and Derek furrowed his brows. 

"Your body isn't rejecting the bite. This is something else." He said and Nabina raised her brows, "What?" She asked and he shook his head. 

"I don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 21.4K 79
**COMPLETED** One night, walking through the woods, Scott McCall got bit by something that changed his life. Forcing him to dive in head first into t...
66.7K 1.3K 88
Rayne Stilinkski is a 15 year old girl who's brother woke her up to look for a dead body with their friend. Suddenly her friend gets bit and then bec...
257K 9K 67
** COMPLETED ** Transferring to Beacon Hills High from Davenford Prep, Avalon Dunbar knew life wasn't gonna be the same. But she never expected her l...
132K 4.3K 27
𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀 | ❝ There are so many threats happening all at once and no one trusts anyone. People are dying and we don't know why or how or who's...