Friends with the Football Team

By Just_peachy21

Book 1 in the "Friends with the" series Being the only girl in a male family is a little harder than it seem... More

Character aesthetics
1~ Greenhill
2~ Football Boys
3~ Sleepover
4~ Dinner with the Erickson's
5~ Football Practice
6~ Pickles
7~ Kenzie's Crush
8~ Snow Cones
9~ Mad Woman
10~ Pool Day
11~ The Great War
12~ Summer Game
13~ New Friend
14~ BaByQ
15~ Parent's Night Out
16~ Stargazing
17~ Never Been Kissed
18~ Road Trip
19~ Beach Day
20~ Last Day
21~ Dancing in the Rain
22~ Happy Birthday Snowflake
23~ Good in Red
24~ Love at First Bark
25~ Surprise
26~ Laser tag
27~ School Shopping
28~ Drive In
29~ First Day of School
30~ Deep Talks
32~ The Fight
33~ The End
Bonus Chapter~ Date Night
Friends with the Frat!
10k!

31~ #1 in My Heart

4.6K 58 7
By Just_peachy21

"It's Game day!" Coop screamed as he came into my room and jumped on my bed. Bandy barked as Coop almost landed on him. I groaned and threw him off of me. I sat up to see half of the football team in my room.

I quickly covered my body in my blanket, fearful that they would see something.

"Cooper Mason Barnes, get these guys out of my room this instant." I growled. He looked at me and turned as pale as a ghost.

He swallowed hard. "Sorry coco" he kissed my cheek before he ushered the guys out of my room. He was getting shit from all the guys for being scared of his sister.

Will was the only one that stayed behind and I relaxed. "Do I get my morning cuddles?" I asked.

"Every morning, snowflake" he said and climbed into bed with me. I took my normal position on top of him as he stroked my hair.

I started getting in the habit of getting my stuff together the night before so I could have time for this every morning. He kissed my head and ran his fingers up and down my back.

"I love you Snowflake." He told me.

"I love you babe"

He stopped rubbing my back and I sighed. It was time for me to get ready. I really didn't want to get up but if I didn't I'd be late.

"Do we have to? We could skip school and stay here" I suggested.

Will laughed. "You say that every morning, sunshine, and every morning you get the same answer."

"I would love to but you know we can't" I said for him as I climbed off of him and grabbed my clothes for today. Since I was on the cheer team, I had to wear my uniform all day to school.

I changed into my uniform and put my hair up in a half up, half down with the bow facing the front. I did my regular make up, but added red lipstick.

"Isn't that different?" Will asked as I came out of the bathroom.

"We're all doing it." I informed him and started to head downstairs. His hand wrapped around mine and pulled me back to him.

I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. "Would you do the honors of wearing this for good luck?" He handed me his letterman jacket.

My eyes lit up in surprise. "Seriously? Of course I would" I squealed and immediately put my arms through the holes.

"Thank you" he kissed my cheek and headed to breakfast. Dad was feeding pretty much everyone that was here. I don't know why they were all here, but they were.

We all ate as fast as we could to get to school in time.

"Coco, you ready?" Connor asked and tossed his keys in the air.

It's a tradition for all the Barnes kids to drive to school together on game day. I just forgot to tell Will that. He gave us a look of confusion.

"Sorry babe. It's tradition and I forgot to tell you" I said sheepishly.

He smiled at me and washed all my worries away. "It's okay, love" he assured me. I kissed his cheek, leaving a lipstick mark and running out to meet with the boys.

We drove to school screaming to songs and laughing at the stupid shit Coop came up with.

Will and I met at the front of the school to walk in together. He intertwined our hands together as he walked to meet up with the rest of the group.

"It's kind of cliché." He said out of nowhere.

"What is?" I giggled. He stopped and we faced each other.

"Star quarterback and cheerleader." He smirked.

"You know me Erickson." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck. "My life is full of clichés" I smirked and reached up and kissed him.

"That's enough of that" Dad's voice cut in. Will and I pulled away sheepishly and turned to face him.

"Hey Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked as my cheeks turned red and I put on my best adorable smile for my dad.

He laughed. "I work here. What are you doing here?" He interrogated.

"Going to class, coach" Will answered quickly.

"Ah good answer Will" he laughed and clapped him on the back. "You kids have a bit of time before first period. A little advice Will, if you wanna play tomorrow maybe don't kiss my daughter in front of me." He threatened.

"Dad!" I chastised. "Don't worry babe he's just joking." I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"All fun and games here Will. I can't wait to watch you play tomorrow" Dad smiled. "Oh and Will, you got a little something there." He pointed to his lips before wandering off.

I nudged Will with my elbow. "Come on, everyone's waiting" I smiled.

He reached down and stole a quick kiss before he interlocked our hands again and we walked into the school together.

The day could not have gone any slower. Why did the teachers have to give so much work for the weekend? Especially Mrs. Atkins and I'm convinced she gave me extra work just because she hates me.

"Ugh that was so dreadfully long" I groaned as I walked up to Will. He was rummaging through his locker, looking for something.

"I agree" he said before he turned to me. He stopped and stared at me for a second with adoring eyes. My face heated at the gesture.

"What?" I asked shyly.

"You just look so good in my jacket" he said awestruck.

My face burned happily. "Thank you" I smiled at him. I don't know how a simple compliment turns me into a blushing mess but that's the affect that Will has on me.

He turned back to his locker and found what he was looking for. He closed his locker and reached his hand out to hold mine, which I gladly accepted.

The two of us walked to his car and he drove me to the football field.

"What number are you?" I asked to fill the silence.

"Sixteen. It's my lucky number. I won my first football game on the sixteenth. I was also born on the sixteenth. So it's kind of special. When I met you, you were sixteen, so that works out for me." He smiled over at me.

My heart skipped a beat and my cheeks turned the color of my uniform. This boy will be the death of me, I swear.

"Number sixteen on the field, but number one in my heart" I told him as I played with his fingers.

He parked at the field and looked over at me. He was silent as he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back. He rested his hand on my cheek and stroked it ever so slightly. I think he really was trying to kill me.

"I love you" he whispered against my lips. The corners of my mouth twitched up into a smile.

"Not as much as I love you" I whispered back. He stroked my cheek a few more times before he pulled away.

I giggled as I saw his face, or more accurately his lips. They had red lipstick all over them. He shot me a look.

"You have lipstick all over your mouth" I laughed and tried to wipe some of it away. "You might have to convince everyone you just got a rash" I teased. I licked my thumb and wiped away some of the lipstick. We used a napkin to get the rest off. His lips were now red from rubbing them so much.

"I think I liked it better when it was all over" I giggled.

"I've got to get ready for football before your dad kills me, but I'll see you later okay?" He kissed my cheek before getting out of his truck and running to the locker rooms.

I got out of his truck and made sure it was locked before I went to the bathroom to reapply my lipstick. While I was in there, a couple cheerleaders from the other team got there. We were playing our rivals, Woodside High. They were the Broncos.

I was about to walk out when I heard Lena's name come from the stalls.

"Did you hear that that slut Selena goes to school here? I knew that she would downgrade after that whole thing with Adrien. She's such a slut. Can you believe she tried to pin the whole thing on him? She told everybody he raped her." Some girl said.

I stopped in my tracks. Lena is not one to lie about something like that. Is this what happened with her and Cole?

"If you ask me, she did it for attention" another girl said.

"No, she did it so she would have a reason to break up with him and get with that cousin of hers" The first girl sneered as they came out of the stalls.

They looked at me like I was crazy. I shut my mouth and walked out of there. I didn't need to start a fight. This is supposed to be a good day and I'm not about to let those girls ruin it.

The game was starting soon and the boys were warming up on the field. I found the girls stretching on the sidelines.

"You look like you just saw a ghost, are you good?" Lena asked with a smile on her face. She's okay. For all I know, those girls are talking about some stupid rumor or even another girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's get stretching" I smiled and sat down on the grass, so we could stretch together.

We all cheered when the boys ran out onto the field together. Will, Cooper, and Carter walked to the middle of the field with Nick, Darren, Tommy, Sam, and Cole walking together behind them, for the coin flip. Only one guy from the other team walked up to their side.

The whole school was in the stands cheering on our boys as the announcer reported that we got the ball first. They came back to the rest of the team cheering and hyping up for the game. I ran over to the huddle to wish the boys good luck.

"Y'all better win this game for me, or I'll be very disappointed in you guys" I teased.

"Coco, so glad you're here" Nick smiled over at me.

"I just wanted to say good luck to all my boys." I said looking around at everyone. Connor was even here. They allowed him to be on the sidelines with the team because he was the son of the coach. "So good luck everyone" I said.

"Thanks Coco" Dad smiled. "Would you like to do the honors and break us out?"

I put my hand in the middle and all the guys put their hands on top of mine. "Bloodhounds on three! One, two, three!"

"Bloodhounds!" Everyone joined in with me. I smiled as the boys took the field.

Will gave me a good luck kiss and ran out onto the field with everyone else. I smiled at the dork of a boyfriend I have. That boy will seriously be the death of me and I'll let him. I gave Dad a good luck kiss and went to be with everyone else.

"We're about to put up a stunt and you're flying" Remi informed me.

"Me? Flying?" My jaw dropped.

"Lena's the tallest so she's the backspot and Sum and me are the strongest bases. You are the smallest. You fly" Remi told me.

I have only flown once before in practice. It wasn't terrible, but I was just getting the hang of it. After I agreed, we sat up and I loaded into the stunt. I looked at the other two stunt groups who were doing the same thing.

Lena counted us off and they dipped and I stood up. We started the cheer and I felt free. It's like I was weightless and flying. The fans in front of us cheered along and the football team behind us played the game. 

They popped me off and the smile stayed on my face. "I loved that. I can't wait to do that again"

"I knew you'd get the hang of it" Daphne smiled next to me. She was the flyer in the stunt group next to us.

"Thanks Daph" I said.

The game went on and I tried not to yell at the refs when they made a crappy call. I was in my cheer uniform and I couldn't yell at them like I wanted to.

After the first half, we did a cheer with some stunts before we took a break. I saw Kenzie in the stands and went up there to say hello. She was here with Grayson and his family. I was introduced to his mom and dad. Sadly I had to leave soon for the second half of the game.

I explained the game to the cheerleaders that didn't understand everything that was happening. It was kind of funny, when they asked me a question. I tried to explain it without all the football terms and in normal terms.

We won the game and the cheerleaders rushed the fields to congratulate the football boys.

I was looking for Will when I was grabbed by the waist and turned into someone's body. I knew who it was instantly. I smiled up at him.

"You did great" I said.

"Not as great as you, snowflake. Maybe you finally found your sport"

"I'm not sure I'd count cheer as a sport, but I did like it a lot" I smiled.

He reached down and kissed me. We pulled apart before it became a make out session in front of everyone. We went to find the group but they were dispersed with their families and my family was nowhere to be seen in the crown of people. We found Lena talking to a guy from the other team. He was the same guy that was at the coin flip.

"Hey Lena" I called out to her, but she didn't hear me. Once I got closer I could see the tear streaks on her face and fear in her eyes. This guy was not friendly. A wash of concern immediately took over my face.

"G-Go away," She told the guy weakly.

I stepped in front of her and looked the guy in the eye. Something about him seemed familiar.

"Is something wrong?" I asked sharply. Something was obviously wrong.

"I'm just being friendly." He remarked.

"I don't know what your definition of friendly is but that definitely is not it. If I were you I would get out of here and go back to your team." I growled protectively.

He shot his hands up in defense as a smirk cracked on his face. "Don't get your thong in a twist, sweetheart, she likes it"

"Don't call her sweetheart" Will growled next to me. I stopped him with my arm.

"As I said before your definition of things is screwed up, get the hell away from my friend or I will beat your ass"

His eyebrow shot up with surprise and interest. I mentally gagged. "You're a feisty one, aren't you?" He took a step closer to me, but I didn't back down. "I like feisty" He smirked.

I hit him with my right hook. "I warned you"

He raised his fist to punch me, but stopped when Lena spoke up behind me. "Adrien stop" She yelled. "I'm the one you're here for, just leave her out of it."

He looked over at her in shock. "Oh so now you speak up. You're a worthless little bitch and you always will be."

Will straightened up beside me ready to come in if  needed.

The boys came running up to us. Their faces were laced with worry. Connor went straight to Lena and stood between her and Adrien.

"Call her a bitch again I dare you" Connor said in a low voice. He's scary when he's angry. He wouldn't let anything happen to any of us, especially Lena.

The boys were all scary silent and stiff ready to kick this kids ass.

"Is there a problem over here?" Dad's voice boomed as he walked over here with the other coach.

The boys all looked at Adrien and gave him the choice. "Everything's fine" He said forcefully and walked off to the direction of his bus. His coach followed.

The boys all visibly relaxed and I went straight to Lena, who collapsed into my arms. Her body racked with sobs. I rubbed her back soothingly. It was then I realized what those girls said was true, well at least halfway.

Connor tried to console her but she backed away from him. He looked at her with a world of hurt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" She said, before she ran away.

"Don't take it personally, Con, she's been through a lot and it all just flashed back to her" I told him. "Let her be alone for a little bit, she'll talk when she's ready"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 11.9K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
406K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
404K 15.9K 73
*Book One in the Every Other Memory Series* Elle Montgomery is a model daughter, student, sister, and friend with everything ahead of her. Her ambiti...
148K 3.7K 19
(BoyXBoy) Summer, when you're in school it's all you can think about. Being able to do whatever you want, not having to worry about studying or homew...