RUSE || Taekook

By thequeermuskateer

Four Targets, One Shot. The FBI thinks Agent Jungkook has been kidnapped by one of the top five most dangerou... More

Phase I: Decipher
ONE || O1F4A5
TWO || J5O3O1
FOUR || C1F5O1J3
FIVE || C1C4O2A5
SIX || J4C4F1J4
SEVEN || J4A5O2A5F4
EIGHT || A5C4C2C3J5
NINE || F4C4F4A5
TEN || J5A5F4
ELEVEN || A5F2A5O2A5F4
TWELVE || J5O3A5F2O2A5
THIRTEEN || J5C3C4J3J5A5A5F4
FOURTEEN || C1F5O1J3J5A5A5F4
FIFTEEN || C1C4C1J5A5A5F4
SIXTEEN || J4C4F1J4J5A5A5F4
SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4
EIGHTEEN || A5C4C2C3J5A5A5F4
NINETEEN || F4C4F4A5J5A5A5F4
TWENTY || J5O3A5F4J5O4
TWENTY ONE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XF5F4A5
TWENTY TWO || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5O3F5
TWENTY THREE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
TWENTY FOUR || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1F5O1J3
TWENTY FIVE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1C4O2A5
TWENTY SIX || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
TWENTY SEVEN || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
TWENTY EIGHT|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
TWENTY NINE|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XF4C4F4A5
THIRTY || J5C3C4J3J5O4
THIRTY ONE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY TWO || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY THREE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5C3J3A5A5
THIRTY FOUR || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
THIRTY FIVE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
THIRTY SIX || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
THIRTY SEVEN || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
THIRTY EIGHT || J5C3C4J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
THIRTY NINE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
FORTY || C1F5J3J5O4
FORTY ONE || C1F5J3J5O4XF5F4A5
FORTY TWO || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5O3F5
FORTY-THREE || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
FORTY-FOUR || C1F5J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
FORTY-FIVE || C1F5J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
FORTY-SIX || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
FORTY-SEVEN || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F5
FORTY-EIGHT || C1F5J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
FORTY NINE || C1F5J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
Author's Note (Important) + Character Questionnaire + Fun Facts
FIFTY || C1C4C1J5O4
FIFTY ONE || C1C4C1J5O4XF5F4A5
FIFTY TWO || C1C4C1J4O5XJ5O3O1

THREE || J5C3J3A5A5

180 14 180
By thequeermuskateer

Jungkook carefully studies every single passenger in the dark, their body language, the rise and fall of their chest, what shows they're watching, who they're talking to, who they're making out with-

Jungkook gapes at the couple under the blanket, blinking rapidly.

He peers at them, trying to remember if they boarded as a couple or not. Sexual activities often make onlookers turn their gaze away. If this is someone spying on Jungkook, he is not going to fall for one of the cheapest tricks in the book.

He studies them carefully, desperately trying to remember how they boarded.

Studying them for two more minutes, he establishes that he did indeed see the male enter with his female companion for their honeymoon.

Congratulations to both of them.

Jungkook sits back and this time observes the air hostesses, making sure none of their activities can be deemed suspicious.

He can not risk being spied on.

Not now.

When he's so close.

So close to his goal.

"Chicken or Beef?"

Jungkook smiles at the pretty hostess, "Chicken."

--------

Two hours in, Jungkook does his best to pretend he's asleep.

That couple is indeed spying on him.

It's Kourtney from Rings with some man from the group Jungkook doesn't know. Travis, maybe?

So, Rings needs to send out spies, huh?

Seokjin sure did forget to mention that.

Jungkook will have to take care of the two later.

--------

Now's his chance.

He's at the Croatian airport and the 'couple' have been keeping a close eye on him.

Jungkook glances around and taps his watch, bringing it closer to his mouth and whispering how happy he is to finally arrive in Croatia before bringing his ear close to the watch. The goal is to look as sketchy as possible.

He nods at the watch a few times and once Kourtney and Travis notice him, he heads off to the male bathroom, fully aware of Travis following him.

Jungkook hides inside a stall and takes his shoe off. He pulls the sole of the shoe and grabs the stainless steel knife inside, quickly putting his shoe back on.

Jungkook hurries out of the stall and stands behind the door.

The door opens and Jungkook lunges at the taller male, relieved it is Travis and ignores the gun he's carrying, instantly stabbing him in the neck, missing by a few millimetres and cutting his shoulder instead.

Travis lets out a scream and fires at Jungkook's head, his shot landing a few millimetres away and hitting the ceiling. Jungkook pulls the knife out and Travis slams him into a wall.

Jungkook grunts and arches his back, his hold around Travis' neck strengthening.

"What the fuck, JK?"

Travis slams him into the wall a few more times until Jungkook's head hits the wall and everything goes black for a second.

Travis takes his chance and jumps out of Jungkook's grasp, allowing the shorter to fall to the floor, aiming a gun at his head, his other hand applying pressure on his bleeding shoulder, "Betraying Rings, really?"

Jungkook groans and winces. "Not betraying. Just wondering why you're spying on me."

"What the fuck?"

"Why'd Taylor send you?"

"Apparently, she doesn't trust you."

Jungkook chuckles and tries to sit straight, "And what have I done to deserve that?"

"Give me the watch."

Jungkook holds out his hand and doesn't protest as Travis pulls it off his wrist, examining the device.

"That was all pretend?"

"Duh."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Jungkook laughs and coughs, standing up. "What the fuck is wrong with Taylor?"

"Maybe she was just scared for your first mission," Travis lowers the gun and turns his full attention to the wound on his shoulder, wincing. "I mean, you are pretty young. And this is Vante we're talking about."

Jungkook heaves heavily, stretching his back, the jet lag catching up to him.

Travis presses the comm in his ear, "All clear, K. He was just messing. It's a regular watch."

Travis turns to get a tissue and Jungkook pulls the laser out of his pocket, aiming the red dot at the CCTV camera. He slits Travis' throat from behind.

The taller male gurgles and spits out blood, his fountain spilling on the floor as he falls to the ground, dead.

Jungkook stares at the bloody mess, "Shit."

Keeping the laser pointed at the camera, Jungkook grabs Travis' gun and shoots at the eye in the corner of the room. He drags Travis' body to one of the stalls and freezes at the squeak from the next stall.

Shit.

Rookie mistake.

Jungkook climbs the toilet and stares down at the father trying to keep his son's mouth shut. The son is shaking in his father's tight grasp, tears escaping his eyes and the father has sweat trickling down his forehead. The stench of what is probably the son's piss in the toilet hits Jungkook's nose and he holds his breath, a lump rising in his throat.

The man senses a presence and looks up, his complexion going pale once his gaze meets Jungkook's, who looks equally horrified.

He can't kill them.

Maybe the dad is secretly a sex trafficker?

Hopefully.

One look at the man's balding head and cuffed suit makes Jungkook sigh. This is no more than a law abiding citizen who's worst crime is either a speeding ticket or downloading a pirated movie.

"Please, we won't say anything," the father says, trying to keep his voice steady as his son huddles closer into him.

Jungkook swallows and crouches, out of their view, "Don't move," he croaks, grimacing at how he doesn't sound the least bit authoritative.

Jungkook pulls at his hair and growls in frustration. He is so sleep deprived, he's going to end up in prison, or worse, in Rings' torture chamber.

How could I make such a stupid mistake?

Fuck.

Should've been more discreet.

Should've been careful.

Stupid.

Always just so stupid.

How did I even get the permission to go on this mission?

The door to the restroom slams open and Jungkook jumps, staring at the man who entered. He is in a suit with a communicator stuck in his ear and Jungkook almost throws up.

There is blood everywhere. The gun, knife and Travis' body are still all around him.

I am so fucked now.

The boy next door yelps and his father must've immediately squeezed his face because he quiets down.

"Croatian police, come out of your stalls," the man in sunglasses and suit commands.

Jungkook would have shot him and made a run for it. He would've if the man hadn't held up his hand to show two rings on his hand, one on his index finger and the other decorating his middle one. Two rings with jewels stuck to them.

A ruby and a sapphire.

A smirk tugs at one corner of Jungkook's mouth and he exhales loudly, instant relief washing through his entire body.

Breaking into Jewels just got a whole lot easier.

--------

Frustration pricks at Taehyung's skin as he runs a hand through his hair, eyes on the computer screen as he runs a facial scan on every person entering Croatia in the past few days.

Most of the technicians in the group are working on the same thing, conducting a full background check on suspicious identities.

The man who seemingly suffered a heart attack right before Taehyung's eyes was sent by Suga, Charon himself. The proof of it lay in the little air pump attached to one of the guy's veins. The moment he was about to spill all the secrets, Suga had the pump release air into his vein and stop his heart.

Now, everybody is hurrying to find more spies and inside men since these guys have cameras in their eyes.

Suga most likely saw everything the man did.

And that is a problem.

August, one of the gangs on the wanted leaderboard, the last of the top 5, lead by Suga, who's earned the name Charon for his countless murder sprees, now probably knows every nook and cranny in Taehyung's system.

Jewels can not fall because Taehyung forgot about his gang.

Jewels can not fall because Taehyung was busy being emotional over Yoongi.

Jewels can not fall because of Taehyung's shortcomings.

"Vante!"

Jimin's voice makes Taehyung look up from his computer, cocking a brow at his pink haired friend who sits a few seats away from him. Jimin's wide, alarmed eyes are focused on movement on his screen.

Taehyung stands and walks over to Jimin, everybody moving out of his way as he leans over, studying what Jimin found, "What?"

"Look at the scan," Jimin whispers. "I found him suspicious, so I conducted a background check."

Taehyung narrows his eyes at the paused face of a young East-Asian man, reading the details the facial scan caught.

Taehyung's eyes widen at the man's name alone.

"Jungkook?" A gasp escapes his lips as he reads the rest of the details.

It's Jungkook.

It's his birthday.

"He's not alone," Jimin opens another tab. "Rings is after him."

A flight ticket for Travis Barker appears on the screen, whom Taehyung recognizes from an undercover mission to America, one of Taylor's personal pets. Footage of him following Jungkook through New York City airport takes the screen and Taehyung clenches his jaw.

As much as he hates this, letting his lover into his life again, Taehyung has to do it.

Jungkook's life is in danger.

"Delete all of Jungkook's files from every database you can find," Taehyung stands straight. "And bring him to me."

----

A/N:

Third is out! Not much happened but I wanted to show Jungkook a bit before the drama starts hue heu

Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you for voting and commenting! Thank you for reading and giving this book a chance!

Brb mightve been reincarnated 😭✋

I purple you all! 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 16.9K 43
jeon jungkook is crazy for a famous kpop idol kim taehyung, mostly known as V. jungkook is also the owner of the most popular blog on twitter, dedic...
51.4K 2K 43
[Mafia series] Kim Taehyung is known as V Mafia leader of Dragon Mafia. He have six trustsbale Nd main member's in his mafia. he is cold and Ruthless...
194K 12.9K 52
A beautiful and dangerous love story between a 36 y/o mafia king and a 20 y/o University student. Where the love story between taehyung and jungkook...
29.7K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...