𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹 - 𝗠𝗮...

By pettigrews_puthay

"𝙊𝙝 𝙘𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣." "𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣." "𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙧𝙤... More

𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝗢𝗡𝗘 - 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀
𝗧𝗪𝗢 - 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘀
𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 - 𝗚𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 - 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗸𝘀
𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 - 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘀
𝗦𝗜𝗫 - 𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 - 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝘀
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 - 𝗘𝘆𝗲𝘀
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 - 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝘁𝘀
𝗧𝗘𝗡 - 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝗵
𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 - 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 - 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝟭𝟴
𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗝𝗼𝗯𝘀
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗘𝗱𝗴𝗲
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲𝘀

440 13 11
By pettigrews_puthay

"Matt, please." I said as he walked towards the fridge. It was currently eleven o'clock while everyone was in bed.

"No, Elly. I don't wanna talk to you." He said.

"I have to leave in seven hours. Please can we talk. I don't even know what I did!" I said.

"You know exactly what you did. You come to my house, cross me. I thought I knew who you were." He said closing the door and walking away. 

"Matt I didn't do anything, Robert-"

"My own cousin. What are you gonna mess with Kevin too?" He said walking away.

"I didn't do anything Matt!" I said as he walked up the stairs.

"Mhm." He said walking away. "Don't bother tomorrow morning. I'm not waking up to tell you goodbye. I might talk to you in a while, but not right now." He said reaching the top. I didn't know what to do or say. I came down to talk to him after he gave me the silent treatment the whole night. I didn't even do anything to him! I like Matt more than I've liked anyone before. I sat down on the chair feeling my face heat up.

I felt my lip doing the shaky thing that happens before you cry. I was trying my best to not. The tears started coming down and I quickly tried wiping them away. I've only ever cried about one guy before, and that was just because it was my dad.

"That freaking punk." I muttered to myself still trying not to cry.

"He really is sometimes." A voice said making me jump out of my seat. I looked up to see Russ sitting up on the couch. I didn't know he was even in the house.

"I'm sorry Russ. I didn't know you were sleeping." I said.

"No, Matt woke me up long before you." He said. "I know you didn't kiss Robert. It was so obvious he was lying, I think Matt just felt so betrayed for no reason."

"Well he's freaking dumb. I wouldn't kiss that jerk if the world was ending. He came onto me. Was the handprint not obvious enough?" I asked feeling my eyes water more.

"Yeah, I think everyone was fooled for some reason. They're all scared of Robert though, he's a bully." Russ said.

"Now I have to leave with Matt mad at me. This was not what I imagined." I said.

"I know. Don't worry, I will personally make sure Matt regrets deeply, what he said."

"I just don't know. For cripes sake we about kissed this morning. What happened?" I said questioning anything in general. I looked at Russ and he motioned for me to come sit by him. I decided why not, what would it hurt. Matt already thinking I'm making out with his cousin.

I sat down beside Russ and he looked at me. "Matt hasn't had good luck with relationships in the past. His last girlfriend, Gina, was in Matt's bedroom making out with his old bestfriend. She was low. He's been cheated on or dumped in the last 3 relationships. He told me he wasn't even gonna date anyone else til he was 30." Russ said.

"I feel bad and all, I would never do that to him. It's not my fault his cousins a perv." I said.

"I know. But you need to not take this personally. He finally decided to trust someone and his own blood made him think you betrayed him. I'll try to talk to him, but I think he's gonna be stubborn." Russ said.

"That's gonna be hard." I said.

"I know. But he'll come around. He'll probably be miserable when he comes to his senses. If I were you, I'd ignore the first two calls or so. Give him some of his own medicine." He said.

"I was already planning on it." I said smiling a little.

"That's the mentality. But, like you said, you're leaving in a few hours. You need to get to bed." Russ said.

"You're right. Thank you, you're a cool dude." I said.

"Anytime. It's nice getting to talk to someone other than Matt sometimes." He said joking (mostly). I did a little love shake to his shoulder and made my way upstairs.

February 19, 1982

I grabbed the last of my things at 4:45 and went to tell them goodbye. I went to Katy's and Tim's room first. I made it Brian's room next. I lightly shook his shoulder to get him stirred up.

"Brian, wake up doll I gotta leave." I whispered. He opened his eyes slowly.

"Why are you leaving so early." He said tiredly.

"Because it was the only plane we could get." I said. He raised up hugging me. After he laid down I tucked him into his blankets so he was warm. I closed the door and headed to Matt and Kevin's room. I debated going in, but didn't wanna not tell Kevin goodbye.

I quietly woke him up like Brian and gave him a small hug. He quickly fell back asleep. I went over to Matt's nightstand taking the note out. I put it down quietly and took one last look at Matt. If so pretty, why so ignorant?

I was obviously in a mopey mood, but smiled telling Mrs. Dillon bye. Me and Kurt left the house walking a ways away.

We got lucky and hitched a ride from an old farmer who would be going by the airport.

We made it on the plane alright. It was too early. I think Kurt noticed my particular mood, but he didn't push it.

Matt's POV

I woke up to the sun. It was probably 9 o'clock if I could guess. I looked around realizing what happened last night. It doesn't seem real. I rubbed my eyes and went for the water bottle on my nightstand. I realized there was a new note. I knew it was from Elly. I opened it analyzing it carefully.

Good luck on Tex.
                      Goodbye.   

I probably shouldn't of ended it like that. What was I supposed to do? I wish a little that she would've woke me up after all. I rubbed my face tiredly and went to the bathroom.

I came out of the bathroom and about had a heart attack when I seen Russ sitting on Kevin's bed.

"So, how're you feeling today Mr. Dillon?" He asked.

"I'm not feeling it today Russ." I said flopping down on my bed.

"That's your fault. That's what you get for trusting the dumb cousin over your practically girlfriend." Russ said.

"Shutup Russ." I said.

"No. I will not shutup. You know damn well she did not kiss him. You left her crying last night, you realize that?" Russ said.

"She was crying?" I asked looking at him.

"Oh course you idiot. You yelled at her for something she didn't do!" He said.

"Oh man." I said running my hand over my face.

"Oh man indeed." Russ said.

"Think she hates me?" I asked sitting up.

"I don't think she hates you, but she definitely has some resentment." Russ said.

"I'm gonna call her." I said picking up the phone.

"She's probably not even home yet." He said.

"I'll leave her a message." I said starting to put in the number. I listened to it ring and was startled when it was answered.

"Billie Rivas speaking for the Cobain household." I was almost too startled to speak.

"Uh-sorry wrong number." I said quickly. I hung up and looked at Russ. "Her friend answered."

I looked up from my magazine to the gift sitting perfectly wrapped in the corner. I slowly went and grabbed it. I sat down staring at it. I began taking off the ribbon and paper. It was a white box with a note on the top. I took off the note and read 'Happy Birthday loser.' I really screwed this up. I opened the top and looked through the things.

The first thing there was a Kansas vinyl. She's got good taste. There was candle with a note that said it reminded her of me. There was a few other little sentimental things in there. At the bottom there was a envelope with things inside.

I opened it and pulled out two pictures. I looked at the first one and it was a picture of her in my shirt and jacket. I looked at it feeling guilt wash over. I flipped it over looking at the words. You're never getting these back by the way. I set it down and looked at the other one. It was a picture of her holding a turtle in front of her window. I thought about her setting up camera for an hour and setting a timer. I flipped it over again and read Tony the Turtle.

I got up and put the pictures in the drawer of my nightstand along with the note. She didn't do anything to me.

Elly's POV

I got home with Kurt hauling in the bags. I nodded to Chad who was comfortably on the couch.

"There's a package for you in the kitchen." He said. I made a confused face as to who sent me a package. I went over to the box and looking at the first word on the address. New York. I remembered Matt saying he sent me something.

I grabbed the box and went to my room. I was hesitant on throwing the box on the bed, but decided against it. I began unpacking when I looked at the box. I felt as if it was staring at me. I went to my bed looking at the box for at least a minute.

I slowly grabbed the box and began taking the tape off with my blade. I took a dramatic breath in and opened the flaps. I saw my shirt that I left at his house. I took it out and smelled the smell of him. I had half the mind to not keep it. I didn't want to, but I did want to. I unfolded it to reveal a picture with a note. Of course. I get this after he gets mad at me. I bet he just threw away my present for him.

I read the note first. It said
Nice shirt. (I made Kevin take this picture.)
I looked at the picture to see him wearing the way too tight shirt with two thumbs up. God, why'd his smile have to be so nice. I stared at the picture for a few minutes lost in thoughts when I heard my door open. I quickly slid the picture between my mattresses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 36.4K 150
l.c ♡'s k.c forever
2.8K 93 30
[ Krist Noveselic ♡ Kurt Cobain ] ( 1986-1991 - years taken place. ) Kurt isn't happy all the time. Krist sees that. But will this band help the man'...
6.4K 226 28
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] "His eyes are so pretty, I can't stop staring at those eyes." ♡ - F L U F F - ♡ ( 1991 )
everlong By emmy

Fanfiction

49.1K 1.2K 88
'if anything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again.'