Thicker Than Water Vol: 1

By Wavy31

After what some may call a massive human extermination, life expectancy on earth is slim to none and whatever... More

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Pain = Pain
Chapter 4: Let's Join A Gang
Chapter 5: Blood Ties
Chapter 6: Choose A Side
Chapter 7: Sunday, The Day of Our Lord
Chapter 8: Regrets & Rebirths
Chapter 9: An Award Winning Performance
Chapter 10: Work Smarter, Not harder
Chapter 11: Love = Pain
Chapter 12: It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere
Chapter 13: Shook Ones Pt. 1
Chapter 14: Shook Ones Pt. 2

Chapter 3: Good Friends

20 1 0
By Wavy31

Fall 2033

RETLAS Hideout

Bedstuy, Ny

Suri and Ike are in the living room recounting their memories of the past. Ike stands up and brings his backpack to a nearby table. "Yeah but we're grown now & we can hold our own. I grabbed a few goodies from The Corps. lab." He says. Ike dumps out a bag of various weapons & gadgets & picks up an augmented uzi. "See everything is pretty self explanatory here except this." Ike says. He picks up a box & a loud coughing comes from the bathroom. Suri and Ike open the door. "Who's this?" Ike inquires. "Osal, the god of plot twists." Suri says. The man is in the tub hyperventilating & as he opens his eyes slightly you see a hint of gold around his iris. Ike looks at Suri confused. 'You got some more roll up?' Suri asks Ike. Ike closes the door and returns to the living room with Suri.

Noremac's Hideout

Brownsville, Ny

3:30pm The Next Day

Irie sits at the table with a timer and gun on a napkin. She takes a deep breath and puts a blind fold on. She hits the timer, disassembles, reassembles and loads the gun. She hits the timer and aims the gun at a target. As she goes to fire someone turns the doorknob and walks in. She fires the gun and quickly removes the blindfold. She sees its Neshon and behind his head she sees her bullet went right past the targets head. "Why do you do that? One day I'm gonna hit you." Irie calmly says to Neshon. He is breathing heavily after seeing his life flash before his eyes. "Good to know you're still a great shot. How was the crowning ceremony?" Irie fills him in on everything that transpired last night. He lights a blunt and passes it to her. Neshon is smiling listening to her story. Then his face gets serious. "First of all, congrats on the whole crown thing. Second of all, my condolences, I heard what happened." Irie kind of shrugs. "It's no big deal." She says. "You mind if I pray for you?" Neshon asks. Irie shrugs. "Do your thing bro, I could use some good energy for once."

As Neshon starts to pray, Irie thinks about the past. Neshon is the only reminder she has of the old way. He still believes in the traditional God of old, he works just like everyone else & he tries his best to be good to everyone. He has no gang affiliation except for Irie. A slight wave of guilt comes over her as she thinks about how even Neshon being seen coming in here could threaten his life. She snaps back to reality as soon as he finishes up. '...and let God bless us in all of our endeavors in the future. No weapon formed against us will separate this friendship. Amen.' Neshon finishes. Irie nods her head at Neshon and passes the blunt. 'thank you...' irie says. She pauses for a minute & whispers. 'Neshon... go to the bathroom and lock the door.. NOW..' she whispers. Neshon does exactly what she says and Irie cuts the power to the apartment. Someone opens the door and a few SPO officers enter. They fan out and do a complete sweep. As a guard comes around the corner where irie is hiding she grabs his head and her Onyx eyes suddenly turn into a black and white spiral. As they start spinning, he becomes entranced. She puts him down. "Kill them all quietly and dispose of them..Oh yeah. Then kill yourself in a deserted area, thanks." Irie says in his ear.

As the officer executes his commands, Irie goes to the bathroom & tells Neshon to come back to the living room. Neshon watches as he unconsciously kills the other officers and dumps their bodies. The officer notices Neshon sitting in the living room and starts to aim his gun at him. Irie shoots the officer in the head before he can even get his sights on Neshon. Irie kisses her teeth as she looks around. "Damn it, now I have a mess to clean." Neshon looks around at all the bodies. "Let me hel-" Irie interrupts him. "No, you know I don't want you being involved with this shit at all. You gotta go home bro." Neshon gets angry just as he always does when they have this discussion. "You think I can't hold my own out here? I've been doing for myself since the old way & you know that." Irie pauses before she speaks. "You're exactly right, I don't think you can hold your own. You gotta go bro." She says. Neshon angrily gets up and leaves as Irie starts dragging the body into the back room.

The Corporation HQ

Midtown, Ny

8:46 pm Later That Day

The Corporation board members sit in their usual seats. With their usual cloud of misery and weed smoke in the room. O makes an announcement. "I regret to inform the board that operation phase 2 has come to a halt. Our last & strongest little pig has been terminated due to the stress of the injections..." C slams his hand down angrily. "Sounds like we're going to the market to get piggies. Lets move our troops back into the city." He says. I starts to speak. "No. we send in small tea-" D interrupts. We need to take them by force like last time. Fear is the only way that has worked so far. I stands up and paces the room. I angrily yells at them. "Getting our subjects is in my department. We go in with small teams and kidnap them from their beds. Quietly handle any resistance in the homes." C and D both seem content with this answer while O is concerned. What if these piggies aren't up to the task? O says questioningly. V answers for I. "Then we keep going until there's no one left. We'll take their new born babies straight from the womb if we have to. They're all expendable, for sciences sake." I nods in agreement. "That settles it then. Tomorrow night we will begin." I says. The meeting concludes.

RETLAS Hideout

Bedstuy, Ny

3:33am The next morning

As Osal sleeps in the bathroom a Greyson blue orb comes from out of the wall and floats toward him as he wakes up. "Is this the light at the end of the tunnel? (Chuckles) didn't think I was going to get one of those." Osal says weakly. "Wake up! You can sleep when you're actually dead. Which won't be anytime soon." The Orb screeches. "Wha- what is this? Who, what are you?" Osal says in bewilderment. "I am the Oracle Nyx and you'll survive this. I've come to tell you one thing. The child is the key. follow her, protect her. If she dies, this world will cease to exist." The Orb says. The sun starts to peek through window as sunrise comes. "The child can handle herself obviously, whole reason I'm in the tub." Osal says sarcastically. "She's also the only reason you're alive in this tub now. Heed my warning. A new day comes." The Orb warns. Before the sun can engulf the hole room the Oracle disappears back into the wall it came from.

East Harlem, New York

3:33am The same night

Ike and Suri are running down an alley way. They just finished robbing a blood bank and got away with a few rare samples. They run inside and abandoned building and hide in a room. He holds up a vial and the blood inside is a rich red. "This is the new way , this is how everyone has to survive." Ike says. Ike pulls a syringe and an empty pill capsule out of his pocket. He fills both up with one vial of blood. "This is what modern day drug dealing looks like." Ike explains. "So instead of a spliff, this is what niggas are doing?" Suri asks in disbelief. "It's a little different from weed. Watch this." Ike nods his head towards someone walking & A random junkie approaches them. 'You got any right now?' The junkie asks as he scratches his forearm. "Pills or Potions?" Ike asks. "Pill, I don't trust what's in the potions." The junkie says. Ike half smiles and hands over the pill. He looks at Suri and motions her to pay attention.

The junkie starts to convulse on the floor just like Osal did in her apartment and it all makes sense to her now. The junkies body starts bubbling up and his skin starts to fall off. As he watches his own body fall apart he falls down to the ground in a bloody pile. "That's what an overdose looks like. This was probably a nasty combo of various blood types. Poor guy never stood a chance." Ike says. "So what happens when it's a successful high?" Suri asks. "That's thought to call because it's different for everybody. To keep it simple, you're the result of a successful high... but... it's never for this long... what did they do to you?" Ike asks cautiously.

As Suri goes to explain to Ike what happened at the black site but footsteps coming up the alley interrupt them. Ike makes a run for it while Suri hides in the shadows. "Surriii! I could've swore I just saw her." Neshon yells. Suri pops out of the shadows and daps Neshon up. He's been a longtime childhood friend. She looks in his eyes and see that they are still the porcelain white that most civilizations are born with. Neshon is the last normal person in Suri's life & she thinks about how dangerous it is for him now. "What's up man, long time!" Suri says. "Definitely, after they took you I didn't know what to do. I recently caught up with Ir-" His sentence got interrupted by the sounds of footsteps. They're surrounded by rabid junkies, Suri instantly goes toward the fire escape and bring the ladder down. Her and Neshon run up to the roof where they're cornered by the junkies. "Close your eyes." Suri says to Neshon. "what??" Neshon says. "I said close your eyes!" Suri shape shifts into a bear and starts throwing the junkies off the roof. She then turns into a hawk and lifts Neshon off the roof. He opens his eyes as they are flying above the city. Shortly she returns Neshon to his house and shape-shifts back. "It was good to see you Neshon but I don't think you should be out at this time of the night it's dangerous." Suri says. "Why do you guys keeps treating me like a little kid?" Neshon says angrily. "You gu-" As Suri starts to ask Neshon what he means four Corp officers ambush them. Suri knocks two out and is pinned by the third and fourth. She tells Neshon to run and he doesn't. Another team of officers jumps out from behind him. They grab him and throw him in the truck. The officers inject Suri with a tranquilizer and she shape shifts into a cheetah. She runs into a wooded area and hides, shape shifting into a squirrel. The officers search but once they can't find her they retreat to their truck. Suri returns to the RETLAS hideout to gear up to get Neshon back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 89 18
{WARNING: This is an original story of mine, and has nothing to do with any fandoms. I understand if you don't want to read it, but it would mean a l...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...
3.8K 332 42
Okay, so here's how it all began. Basically, teenagers have been vanishing across the country and no one has the foggiest idea what's going on (myse...
112 44 24
*NEW CHAPTERS EVERY MONDAY AND THURSDAY When Amohelang and Mothusi, two scientists and lovers, found a hidden briefcase of alien nanochips that hav...