Daddy issues // Harry Styles

Von fkinavocado

In which you've got textbook daddy issues and when your tool of a younger brother brings a sweet doe eyed gir... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Harry has a breeding kink (extra)
Cockwarming Harry (extra)
Valentine's Day Special (extra)
A moment of silence (extra)
Intimate (extra)
It's us (extra)
Spanking for good measure (extra)
No kinkshaming in this house (extra)
Maybe (extra)
Facial (extra)
Piccolo amore (extra)

Chapter 19

8.6K 211 153
Von fkinavocado

You groaned and tried to sink your face further into your pillow, but Harry was having none of it, kissing your shoulder and prying the thin blanket off of you. He still thought you were mental for sleeping swaddled up even when it was obviously not cold in freaking California, but you told him you can't sleep without anything to weigh you down, no matter how hot it got.

To which he'd cheekily offered to be the one to weigh you down and make it extra hot for you.

But he was happy about your quirkiness when he realised it only meant you slept naked under the covers.

Which is why you particularly objected to him peeling the blanket off of you "Harry! Do you mind!?"

"Yes I do mind, actually" he slapped your bare ass playfully but still groaned at the sight of your flesh jiggling from the impact "Get your arse out of bed, and stop being a brat every morning when I try to wake you up at a decent hour!"

"Just let me sleep!" you scoffed irritatedly, not removing your face from your pillow "I'm not a morning person, Harry. Get that into your pretty little head and leave me be. I don't have a fixed work schedule, what's your problem!?" you couldn't hide the tone in your voice. It'd been cute once or twice, but he'd gotten into the habit of waking you up when you slept in past the shocking hour of 10am, or so he'd put it.

"That does it" you heard him mutter under his breath and before you could protest he sat on the edge of the bed and yanked your ankles so that your tummy straddled his thighs. And then he spanked you, and this time, it hurt.

"Ow!!" you cried in shock, trying to hoist yourself on your elbows and look back at him but he beat you to it, grabbing your hair and twisting it around his wrist and yanking it, bending you backwards to face him forcefully

"What's the matter sweetheart? Thought you enjoyed being a brat! Own up to it, then!" he spanked you again, in the exact same spot, not letting go of your hair either and you cried out pathetically, then tried to push back on your knees to wriggle your way out of his hold but there was no escaping him "Cat caught your tongue?"

"Fuck you!" you spat and he merely chuckled before he slapped both asscheeks in quick succession, even harder this time, and even though he rubbed his palm over the tender flesh immediately to soothe the burn, you felt your eyes water

"Why do you like to taunt daddy like this, hm? Been too easy on you, got you thinking you could get away with being such a fucking brat" he let go of your hair suddenly, making you fall onto your front clumsily and you didn't get to defend yourself before he was delivering slap, after slap, after slap and the more you wiggled and tried to escape him, the harder the blow. You were on the verge of crying in earnest when he spread your cheeks apart and then you could feel his saliva run down your folds. He then sunk two fingers into your pussy without preamble, pumping them furiously. To your shame, he hadn't needed the extra lubricant, you were dripping already. You couldn't hold back a long mewl and Harry made sure to angle his fingers just right, finding your g-spot right away. He knew you like the back of his hand.

He hissed as you clenched around his fingers "Such a dirty slut for daddy, how can you be so good and so, so bad at the same time, hm? What am I to do with you?" he sounded faraway, as though he was talking to himself and although you were facing away from him you could imagine the transfixed gaze on you as he pumped his fingers in and out at a fast pace, and kneaded your sore bum with his other hand, admiring your reddened flesh.

"Fuck me" you offered the solution and he chuckled, delivering another slap "Please...!"

"Please, what? Want daddy to stop? Can't you take it?"

Part of you wanted to tell him it hurt and you wanted him to stop, but surprisingly, the other part, much bigger and louder, wanted for him to push your limits, make it sting even worse. Both sensations together, the pain he inflicted followed by the soothing rubs, and combined with how he tickled that special place inside you had you desperate for more. The feeling was so heady, you couldn't believe you were arching your back, trying to get him to smack your ass again "No, I want it. I love it, love it when you're rough with me. Fuck, daddy!"

"Yeah?" his voice so low you barely recognized it "Too bad that's not how punishment works, darling" he then suddenly retreated his fingers and pushed you to sit on your knees in front of his parted legs "Open" he commanded after pushing down his sweats to his ankles and scooting to the very edge of the bed, grabbing a hold of his rock solid cock and stroking it watching you comply "Tongue out for daddy"

You were transfixed, watching him jerk himself off and you did as instructed, waiting for him eagerly. He framed your jaw between his thumb and index fingers, holding it firmly open and leaned to painstakingly slowly spit on your tongue. Then immediately brought the tip of his cock to it and spread it across your lips and down your chin and then back to your tongue, tapping it. You were drooling by now, he'd not given you permission to close your mouth around him, and you could feel yourself getting messy around him, but the look on his face was priceless. His pupils blown out, his nostrils flared, panting heavily, jaw clenched tightly. All the while, he was still stroking himself with the tip resting on the flat of your tongue and it was the most erotic thing he'd ever done. You were already on edge, he'd forced his fingers out of your vice grip just before you were about to come, and you knew he'd known that and had done it deliberately.

Waiting for him to fuck your face, you stood there, but he never did thrust himself down your throat like you were expecting him to. He just continued to jerk off, the head of his cock on your tongue, your drool sliding off your chin and down your neck and breasts, and you were tentative to do anything other than what he'd told you to, mindful not to cross him, but you couldn't help yourself. You needed more. So you reached your hand between his thighs and took his balls into your palm, massaging them intently. His mouth fell agape, and you knew he was close, so you risked another move and brought your other hand to your throbbing clit, sneakily, almost hoping he wouldn't catch on to it and chastise you for it.

But he did notice and if anything, it got him even more worked up "Fuck, Y/N. You're so fucking dirty, a weeping mess for me. Look at you. Your eyes are all watery, smacked that plump little arse of yours pink and you were begging for more. Your filthy mouth is drooling for my cum, look at it, just waiting for me to shoot my load down your pretty throat. And you're dripping all over the floor for it, too, bet you're so close, aren't you baby? Gonna come for daddy like this? Gonna come if I let you close those pretty lips around me and suck me off?"

You nodded your head frantically, and tugged on his balls even harder and he finally released his grip on himself, and nodded for you to go ahead, and you wasted no time swallowing around him, the feel of his engorged head against your palate heavenly. He carded his fingers through your hair, getting it out of your face and holding your head but not trying to guide you at all. You skipped your usual teasing movements and took him in as far as you could, he was on the brink as well and you knew it, and with a final tug on his scrotum you felt him coat your throat in long spurts. You tried to keep your balance in front of him as your own orgasm made you shudder, but his hold on your head helped steady yourself, and the way he tugged at your roots a bit as he came definitely sped up your own release.

When he pulled himself out of your lax mouth, he guided your face up to him so that he could kiss you ardently and you further melted against him "Perfect you are, darling" he softly pecked at your lips, pulling away "A right brat you are, too, but I can't bring myself to really punish you for it, can I? Not when you're enjoying it so much, dirty girl" he hummed against your lips and you grinned against his mouth in return "Devil woman" he huffed and plopped his upper body backwards on the mattress.

You scoffed "I don't think so! Not after you were such a literal pain in the ass trying to get me out of bed!" you grabbed his wrists and yanked him back upwards as you stood up.

He released his wrists from your hold and grabbed yours in turn "Careful, sweetheart. Just cause I've always been lenient with you and always let you come, doesn't mean you're not gonna get it one of these days. Want me to tie you up and have my way with you for hours and never let you finish?"

Your eyes widened looking down at him "You wouldn't!"

"Oh but I would" he looked at you from under raised eyebrows "Don't let me get you in that position, I'd hate to see you cry real tears of frustration. Well, that's a lie. I'd love to, actually" he smirked "So I'd be careful not to push daddy if I were you, princess" he pinched your chin at that and got up abruptly, almost knocking you off your own feet.

He never pulled his sweats back on, stepping out of them as he made his way towards the en suite and nodding for you to follow him, but thankfully he had no means of tying you down in the shower, so you went in willingly. He did pay special attention to your bum as he soaped you up, and even asked you if you were too sore and reminded you to always tell him if it ever gets to be too much, no matter how much he looks like he's enjoying it. You reassured him and let him make it up to you anyway, in his own gentle way, and you never knew shower sex could be so soft.

Later, in the kitchen, when he was making lunch, which you insisted was actually brunch, you asked why he was insisting you'd get up so early anyway, to which he cocked an eyebrow at you as he plated your food and then sat next to you at the table

"I wanted to make sure you got time to get work over with by 6pm"

"Yeah? Why, what's happening at 6?" you grumbled between mouthfuls "Damn, this is really good, Harry. Think you might've missed your true calling with interior design"

"Heeey" he feigned insult and then reached to wipe the corner of your mouth "Such a messy little thing" his gaze lingered and you knew what he was reminiscing of but he cleared his throat, catching himself "I'm wrapping it up today. It's done" he gestured around, twirling his finger "Two days early, at that" he beamed "So I'm hoping we can do some more sightseeing before we leave on friday. But I wanted to take you out tonight. It occurred to me we've never been on a proper date"

You choked out a laugh at that "A little late to try and woo me, don't you think? You're already milking the cow, no need to go ahead and buy it" Harry's face fell at that and your eyes widened "Shit, I was only joking. Hey" you reached for his hand as he leaned back in his chair, his gaze downcast "Hey, I didn't mean to be so crass. I swear it was just a bad attempt at a joke, I really didn't mean anything by it, baby"

His eyes shot up at the pet name, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips "You never called me that before"

You beamed at him, feeling yourself get flustered "Yeah? You like it?"

He leaned over and kissed the corner of your mouth "I love it. And I'm sorry. This whole thing with you is all backwards. I wish I could go back and go about it differently... I just. I never expected, at first, for it to be... what it is"

You nodded, squeezing his hand you were still holding "I know, me neither. We've talked about this, remember? And I wouldn't change a thing. Now, tell me what you've got planned for us" you let go of him so he could resume his eating and he picked up his fork, twisting it between his fingers

"That's for me to know and you to be surprised by, later"

"I mean, I wanna argue but I know you won't budge. How should I dress? At least tell me that. Wouldn't want you taking me out hiking at sunset in heels"

"You can wear your heels, we're not gonna do anything strenuous. I'm saving that for later, darling" he winked at you and you kicked his sheen under the table playfully. He looked mighty pleased with himself so you let him gloat.

Needless to say, you were much more proficient at work that day, having to make up for lost time so that you could be done by 6pm.

You always worked upstairs while Harry was in the proper office downstairs, as much as he'd tried to convince you that the two of you could share the desk, you had no qualms working in bed. On the contrary. Today, though, you were working from the guest bedroom, as the master was left as the final piece to the puzzle of Harry's project, and as he'd informed you, he was finishing up today. You were extra thankful you never took him up on that offer, though, cause for some reason his phone had been buzzing round the clock that day. You could hear him talk over the phone that whole day, and from afar it wasn't enough to disrupt your work, but had you been in that office with him it'd have surely made you fuck up intricate code lines for sure.

He sounded chirpy, though. He must've been excited about wrapping up the project. You were excited, too, about the date. Apart from that night out at the movies, you hadn't really been out together aside from a terrace here or there in between his visits to various showrooms on which he normally took you along. Harry was there on business, after all. He'd had a team of workers over a number of days, and he made sure to tell you ahead of time when they'd be getting loud if they needed to demolish something or run the screwdriver so that it wouldn't interrupt your work.

You were amazed, in fact, at how much work he'd gotten done during some of the days in particular. By the time you'd emerge from the bedroom he'd have completely revamped some areas, to the point where the place was barely recognizable, there was barely any corner left untouched. He really had real talent for this. You kept telling him, every day, how different it all looked and how much you liked what he was doing with the place. You already liked it a lot when you first came here, but now you were falling in love with the place. He'd exchanged monochromatic minimalism for some very plush, luxurious, thick fabrics, a theme of white furniture and flooring and deep green tapestry, with accents of warm yellow, and a pinch of cobalt blue. The light fixtures were especially gorgeous, and he told you he actually had a master's in architectural lightning. You could tell it was his forte. He really had a knack of redesigning a space in various ways by means of manipulating different sources of lightning. You were really taken aback by his talent for it. Something apparently so simple could make such a difference and change the whole ambiance of a space in seconds.

"Y/N?" he popped his head into the doorframe, startling you

"Yeah?"

"I've been calling out for you, couldn't you hear me?"

"Sorry. I must've cancelled you out, you've been on the phone all day and it must've just sounded like background noise at this point"

He grimaced "Really? You could hear me on the phone?"

"Don't worry it wasn't bothersome. Loved hearing you talk from afar, actually. Know I'm gonna miss this soon... What's up?"

He smiled softly at you "It's nearly 6, are you about done?'

Shit, you'd allowed yourself to daydream for a bit longer than you'd realised. Truth was, you weren't quite done for the day, but it wasn't such a big deal if you postponed some for the following day, so you decided not to admit you'd not gotten all your work done due to your bad habit of sleeping in late, and just saved your project and closed your laptop's lid "Yep"

"Great, get ready then, we leave in half hour, alright?"

You nodded and got right to it as Harry headed back downstairs. He was already dressed, you noticed. He was always very well put together but today he'd gone the extra mile. He wore a blue dress shirt, coupled with a black tie adorned with white polka dots, burgundy trousers and a pale pink blazer. Meanwhile, all you had to pick from were some outfits you'd put together in a rush on a short trip to the mall, nothing fancy, but enough to get you out of the winter clothes off your back when you first got there. You were patting yourself on the back for having bought that sundress and heels that day, and in truth, they'd been Harry's choice, not to mention purchase. So you already knew he'd like the outfit. You loved it too, but part of you was upset that you couldn't surprise him with a cute little outfit, he must've already expected you to wear that since he was the one that insisted on buying you all your stuff you got in San Diego.

But you did take your time, doing your hair and makeup. He never really got to see you all dolled up, and what better time? Looking at yourself in the mirror, you were pleased with yourself. You hardly wore any makeup, to be fair, but when you did you looked significantly more put together and more... your age? People often mistook you for younger than your actual age, you were surprised when Harry had been pretty close when guessing. Must've been because he could differentiate better between yourself and his 18 year old daughter. You didn't think you looked like a highschooler, but you got that a lot.

You didn't think Harry looked his age his age either, though. You'd have never given him more than 35-37 at most. But realistically, you could understand why outsiders weren't that quick to think of you as a couple at the top of their heads. Maybe if you started dressing up more, and did your makeup- maybe you could look more suitable for him. You wanted to. You wanted to be someone he would show off in public unashamedly. To you, it was never that he was too old for you, but that you may be too young for him and people would think you weren't good enough to be by his side.

You realised many women would want to be in your shoes. Most of which probably actively were trying to, and you wouldn't even know of it, what with the 2 hrs car ride between the two of you back home.

How long would it take for him to realise how much easier it would be for him to just be with one of them, instead of you?

Sure, you were happy in your own little bubble, but what if--

"Sweetheart?" Harry's soft voice from the other side of the guest bathroom snapped you out of your reverie "Are you alright in there?"

"Yeah" you cleared your throat and checking yourself one last time in the mirror you went for the door to face him "I'm ready. Sorry. Hope I didn't stall us"

Harry smiled at you quizzically, caressing the swell of your cheek and then retracting it immediately, realising he was smudging your blush off "Sorry, I'm not used to you wearing makeup"

"Thought I'd do a little something special since I can't exactly surprise you with an outfit"

Harry's eyes softened "Oh, darling, what's this all about, then? You didn't need to do anything to surprise me, you're surprise enough, every minute" he bumped your nose with his and then gave you a soft peck on the lips and you immediately felt more at ease

"I just... You look so good and so... Grown up. I'm sick of people thinking I'm... you know?" you couldn't even bring yourself to say it outloud "I wanna look more my age, and women my age don't go around bare faced with bed head and wearing sneakers and--"

"Baby, slow down. Hey" he cupped your cheeks, blush be damned "Where is all this coming from? Y/N... they don't think you're too young. They think I'm too old, first of all" you made to interrupt him but he didn't let you "And there's nothing I would change about you, nothing. And you shouldn't want to, for anyone, not me, not strangers, no one. If you don't enjoy dressing up, don't. If you don't like wearing makeup, don't. You're beautiful either way, but I want you to be yourself. Don't try to be someone else, please"

"Uff, it's not that deep, I promise. It's not like I never wear makeup, you just never got to see me with more than mascara and maybe some BB cream on. But I have days where I feel like dolling up a bit. My hair is a different story though, if I had it my way I'd just brush it out and hope for the best. But I did try and blow it out as best I could, I don't have any other hot tools though, I would've done some big, bouncy curls otherwise... And as for outfits. Can't exactly go out in crop tops next to Mr. GQ now, can I?"

Harry laughed at that "You know I don't always dress like this either"

You shrugged "Yeah, and neither do I, right? I mean, you've seen me in high heeled boots before, and skirts... I can dress up. I just. I guess I just mean, I was already transitioning to putting in a bit more effort into my appearance anyway, and now I just feel like I'm all the more inspired to do so. But if you don't like it..."

"I didn't say I didn't like it. I told you, you're pretty either way. If it's just an extension of your creativity then I'm glad for it, just don't want you thinking you need it. You don't. You're gorgeous just the way you are, darling" he kissed you in earnest then, and pulled you out of the bathroom "C'mon. You were right about stalling us, I'll give you that" he chuckled

*

The restaurant Harry took you to made you glad you'd at least taken the time to look a bit more presentable. You were pretty sure your sundress wasn't exactly dress code appropriate, considering how fancy the place looked, but when you glanced at the other patrons you relaxed a bit. Maybe Californians were just more laid back. Back home you'd have gotten the stink eye, for sure, starting with the waiter. But the atmosphere inside put you at ease.

Harry caught you scanning the people around you and grabbed your hand, running his thumb across your knuckles reassuringly "Everyone here wishes they were you, love"

You knew that was just a british thing, but he'd never been particularly liberal with the petname, so you couldn't help but feel your heart rate pick up "Yeah, but only so that they could be your date for the night" you winked back at him earning one of his trademark dimpled smiles. He was all smiles today, well- aside from maybe when he'd spanked you in the morning, but even then you were pretty sure he'd smirked at his handiwork admiring the marks he was leaving on your bum. He hadn't made it a secret that he was enjoying how you winced every time you sat down, either.

After the waiter brought you your menus and Harry asked about the chef's recommendation for the evening, you asked him to order for you. He ordered some wine to go with whatever Italian dishes you couldn't pronounce let alone understand he'd picked, and then it was the two of you and a candlelit table. Albeit fancy, the restaurant had a very intimate feel to it. You realised Harry had been right, you'd never really done this before, together, and well, in your case, at all. It was nice. No wonder women were wooed by this sort of thing.

After the waiter filled in your glasses, Harry raised his and proposed a toast "To us. I'm so glad to be here with you tonight, Y/N. Ever since I met you I can't even recall my life without you in it anymore. You make this birthday boy very happy"

You smiled at him dreamily, the latter part of his speech catching up with you with a slight delay "Wait, what? Birthday? It's your birthday today?". He grinned and grabbed your wrist playfully, bringing your glass closer to his, expectantly. You clinked your glasses together and took a sip of the wine then resumed your surprised stuttering "Why didn't you say anything?!"

"I just did" he shrugged smilingly

"Harry! I didn't get you anything... I would've... crap. Well, for starters, I would've gotten up early without putting up a fight"

He narrowed his eyes at you playfully, leaning it closer "I enjoyed that part" he stole a kiss and you relished the feel of his wine cooled lips against yours before he pulled away much too rapidly for your liking.

The food was served, and you still had no clue what it was exactly, but you didn't even need to know- it looked delicious and you rolled your eyes to the back of your head at the first mouthful.

"Hey. I've got ownership claims over that look on your face" Harry admonished playfully

"I had to stifle a moan, too. Jesus, it just melts in your mouth!"

Harry was beaming. He loved seeing you enjoy yourself, and you could tell he got great pleasure from your pleasure.

"So, 43. What's it like?" you had been embarrassingly quiet while eating your food, and Harry insisted you'd get dessert too. You tried to have him ask for a cake, and he shut you down with an incredulous "absolutely not". You snickered at that, imagining the waiters gathering up around you, singing happy birthday, but something told you that was more of a Hooters sort of thing anyway.

"It's 42, actually. I told you I was 42 back when we met because I was too close already and I didn't wanna make it sound like I was younger than I was"

"Well, you were still 41 so you wouldn't have been lying. And, uhm. While we're on it... I told you I was 25, when in fact I was almost 26, myself"

His eyes widened "Never occurred to me that I could have a taste of my own medicine" he chuckled "I didn't wanna make a big fuss about it, and now I'm upset I don't know when yours is even though I didn't tell you about mine. When is it, sweetheart?"

You bit your lower lip "Well. I mean. It was on the 28th, between Christmas and New Year's" Harry blinked at you, not knowing what to say and you shrugged it off "I never celebrate though, so, it's really no big deal. You didn't miss a big party or anything"

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked quietly

"I mean, we weren't really talking much at that point... Would've been a bit out of the blue to just text you about it. Can imagine you scowl at your phone wondering what's gotten into this silly girl who you'd just fooled around with a bit" you laughed it off but Harry didn't seem to think it was all that funny. The look on his face was solemn and his eyes were searching yours for a long moment before he took your hand back in his

"I'm sorry you felt that way about us, even then. I would've never thought of you as just some girl I was fooling around with. I've never treated anyone like that, even if it was just a hookup, Y/N. And lord knows I've had plenty of those since my divorce. I'm sorry you think that's standard, for a man to just... not want to have anything to do with you out of the bedroom, even if it's just casual like that. I get the feeling you're used to it being like that"

You laughed bitterly "Like what? Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am? Well. Yes? But in their defence... not that i'm condoning this behaviour necessarily- but this is how it goes, with... all of my friends, really. I mean, from what I've been hearing from all of them. That's the way it goes. If it's just a hook-up don't make it awkward, you know?"

Harry's brows furrowed "That's... concerning"

"I mean. How did you go about these things?"

"Well. Even if it was just sex, we're still people, right? We still need... some sort of connection, beyond just the physical. I don't think I've ever slept with someone I couldn't hold a conversation with at least. Get to know them a little bit. I mean, personality is part of the allure"

You looked at him in disbelief "Are you serious? You mean... You're telling me you've never fucked someone whose name you didn't know, for instance?"

Harry's eyes widened at that "Have you?!"

You grimaced "I... Yes?"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose "Jesus Christ, Y/N". But he was grinning underneath that exasperated expression and you knew he wasn't entirely disgusted with you

"What?" you laughed and he shook his head amusedly in turn "That's the way it goes for people my age, I guess. Must be one of those generational gap things" you shrugged

"I'd say!"

"Oh gosh, this makes me feel bad" you found yourself pouting after laughter subsided "Don't want you thinking of me like some sort of... promiscuous whore"

"Hey!" he furrowed his brows, tilting your chin to meet your gaze "I'd never think that about you! I'm pulling your leg about it a bit, don't you think I know that's the way things go nowadays? Not that I condone it either. I'd hate to..." he trailed off, and you knew he meant to say something about his daughter but then decided to keep her out of it "There's nothing wrong with experimenting and exploring your sexuality, and as long as it's consensual I'd never judge anyone for anything they did in the bedroom. Least of all you. You know nothing I say to you in bed is meant derogatory, right?"

You nodded "No, of course. I never thought that, ever. But I don't want you thinking differently of me now that you know this..."

"I don't. And it doesn't matter. You're mine," his gaze lowered to your lips and his voice came out huskier "and you only get to be a slut for daddy, hm?"

Just when he was about to go in for a kiss the waiter appeared with the dessert and you were glad to see it had ice cream in it; you definitely needed to cool off.

By the time you left the restaurant, you were pleasantly tipsy. You decided to walk a bit around the city, the evening air was so pleasant and... you were so in love.

It was all you ever thought about, anymore. Every moment you wasted that you didn't tell him felt like a crime.

You were strolling down the streets of San Diego, hand in hand, and it felt so right. You were so right for eachother, and to hell with anyone that dared question it.

"You were right, earlier. I don't remember what my life was like without you in it, either" you said, leaning your temple against his shoulder, holding his hand with both of yours as you walked aimlessly "I don't want to remember it. I'm glad I don't even know the names of some of the people I've slept with. I wish I could forget them altogether"

"You're chatty when you're a bit tipsy" he hummed good-humouredly

"I talk a normal amount" you pouted "And I'm hardly tipsy" you reached on your tiptoes to playfully bite his earlobe

"Ah! Definitely feistier!" he chuckled

"Wish you'd forget about them, too" you mumbled, more to yourself

"Oh? Possessive, even?" he tugged your arm so that you'd look at him but when you did and he saw the look on your face he smiled sympathetically, pulling you under his arm "Awh, my sweet girl. Are you jealous?"

"Yes?"

He chuckled "Whatever for?"

"Just want you all to myself" you murmured, fidgeting with a ring on his finger of the hand he held over your shoulder

"You got me, though, Y/N. You know that, right?" he pulled you closer into his side and kissed the top of your head "I'm yours"

"Good... Good, because--" it was at the tip of your tongue, you couldn't postpone it a moment longer. You'd go crazy if you did, you just knew it.

His phone rang, and it startled the both of you. It'd been silent all throughout dinner, and you figured he'd probably talked to everyone that had called to wish him on his birthday while you'd been working and you could hear him downstairs over the phone.

"Oh!" his face lit up as he checked the caller id "It's Emily" he beamed at you and you smiled back, you were glad to see him happy his daughter was calling, but part of you was already plotting revenge for her ruining your perfect opening for confessing Harry you feelings for him He took the phone to his ear, still clutching you close to his side "Hey, petal! Thought you forgot your old man's--"

He stopped dead in his tracks and you nearly tripped back, losing balance momentarily, not having expected him to come to such a sudden halt "Slow down. Emily. Calm down a second, ok? Tell me again?"

You looked up at him and as much as you strained to hear what Emily was saying on the other side, you couldn't make out a word. All you could decipher was her sobs and that she was speaking abnormally fast paced. Usually, she shared her father's slow cadence but she was absolutely frantic now.

Harry eventually pulled away and turned to the side, running a hand through his hair and then down his face, eventually resting it on his hip, his shoulders shagging "I'll call your mother-- No, listen, Emily. Listen to me, please. I need to, I know- but I need to, I'm not there, I'm in California, petal. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please, Emily. I'm calling my lawyer too, right away. Ok? And I'm flying back right away. Listen, don't freak out, your time is gonna run out, ok? But it'll be alright, I promise, Emily. Don't you trust me? I'll fix it. Ok? Let me hear you say it, please. Atta girl... Emily. Stop, don't cry, petal... Please,--" Harry glanced at his phone then all but sent it smashing to the nearest wall, but instead inhaled shakingly, his head thrown back, trying to regain composure.

"...Harry?" you finally asked, your voice small. You didn't know what was happening, but you knew it was bad. You wanted to be there for him, he wasn't alone, he didn't have to face it, whatever it was, alone.

He almost flinched hearing your voice, and slowly turned to face you. You'd never seen that look in his eyes, and it took you aback, so much so that you physically took a step back. Eventually he took a step closer, and you could see his reddened eyes, he was barely keeping it together "You better pray I don't ever get my hands on your fucking brother, Y/N " he gritted through his teeth and all you could do was clutch your hand around your throat, instinctively. You stared at eachother for a long moment until he pulled away again and you realised he was calling the airline, trying to change your flight tickets back.

No fairytale lasts forever. But you wished yours would've lasted long enough for you to have said those three words to him before it all came crashing down.

----------------------

A/N: well... about time the bubble burst.

💕 vote, follow & comment if you're enjoying this, lovelies!

follow me @fkinavocado on tumblr for more 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...