Girl On The Run

By gravefl3sh

"Where are you, Drea? I'm not gonna hurt you." Antonio sang in an amused voice. Shivers started to run down m... More

Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

13

5.2K 154 23
By gravefl3sh

ANTI-ANTONIO

1. TRICK THE CAMERAS

2. GET ON HIS GOOD SIDE 

3. GET FEWER GUARDS

4. BUILD MUSCLE

5. END ALL SUSPICIONS

6. FAKE PREGNANCY SCARE

7. WIRE MONEY INTO A SECRET BANK ACCOUNT

8. FAKE DEPRESSION

9. DEACTIVATE THE WIFI

10. ESCAPE

STEP THREE: GET FEWER GUARDS

One thing about Antonio is that he refuses to go anywhere without guards. He has got a large amount of security all around the outside of our house and some inside as well. 

Antonio also has two of his trustiest bodyguards that trail behind him wherever he goes in public.

Since Antonio associates with the more criminal businesses at times, he is a walking target for his enemies. That is why he likes to be fully guarded at all times. 

There was once a time when Antonio hired a female bodyguard to be around me at all times. Not only so she can keep me safe but basically babysit me and prevent me from "misbehaving".

It was absolutely horrid. She was the biggest pain in the ass and I just wanted to stab her at times. 

Long story short, Antonio ended up murdering her after he found out from one of the other guards that she was lesbian. 

I felt really bad, but at the same time, I was relieved that I wouldn't have an annoying woman pestering behind me and monitoring my every move to report back to Antonio. 

But anyways, Antonio never hired a guard to be with me ever again. Not a woman and most definitely not a man. 

Although I don't have guards in contact with me, whenever I do go out in public, which is a rare, occurrence, Antonio hires many guards to watch me without being near me. 

I don't understand how that is possible but turns out it is. 

I learned in the worst way possible.

The only way that I could truly let Antonio lay off on the guards is if I give him a reason to do so. 

Be touchy with the guards? Yes? No? maybe so? I don't want to get anyone killed though so I have to restrain from that and think of something else. 

Maybe I should flirt with the guards? It might make Antonio give me a few slaps and maybe shoot one of the guards in their legs but that's not anything new. 

Or I could just try to befriend them. That was the least risky idea. 

I just need to get him to let some guards go so the house isn't surrounded by them. I need to do something that isn't too extreme that I end up getting an innocent killed, but also not to light that no changes happen. 

So here I was, standing right in the middle of the garden staring at the back of one of the guard's heads as I contemplated a plan. 

"Hello. You seem like you have very nice conversations-"

That sounds so fucking stupid Drea!

I don't know maybe "Nice outfit-"

He's literally wearing all fucking black like every single guard!

I was arguing with my brain for hours thinking of the perfect thing to say but it was getting harder and harder to channel my brain cells since I was losing them in the process. 

"Shit!" I whisper-yelled. I quickly closed my mouth as my eyes widened. 

"Is there anything you need, Donna?" A timid voice asked.

 I looked up quickly in fear. 

Holy crap I'm a fucking idiot.

 The guard spoke with his face still turned away from me. 

I wonder why all of the guards never look at me.

"Um, I'm sorry I just wanted someone to talk to?" My words ended up sounding like a question and I was mentally beating myself up. 

"I am unable to speak to you without Don's permission, however, if you are lonely I can phone him for you-"

"No! No, I'm more than fine!" I quickly shut off his idea. 

"Alright, Miss. Have a good rest of your day." His voice sounded like he was extremely young.

I was about to just turn around and give up when my curiosity began to arise. 

"Hey, why won't you look at me?" I asked him in a bit of a rude tone.

"I'm so sorry Donna, but the Don has given all guards specific instructions to not speak or look at you. I'm going against his orders but not only speaking to you but telling you this." He said formally in a robot tone.

Well of course he did, he's Antonio for god's sake!

"It's fine, don't apologize. You can look at me it's fine, he won't hurt you." I said softly. 

"Are you sure, miss?" He asked me.

"Yes, I'm sure. I promise I won't let him hurt you."

I could just about see the guard having a hard time deciding what to do. His hands were a little shaky and he seemed nervous and afraid.

I felt so bad for him.

He turned around slowly and I took in a harsh breath. 

This wasn't a man, it was a kid. He looked to be about only sixteen or seventeen. 

His cheeks were tinted red and he fidgeted timidly. 

"How old are you?" I blurted out. My eyes scanned the scar that ran along his eyebrow to his chin. 

"I'm fifteen." 

What the fuck?

What is a child doing here as a guard? This isn't right at all. 

"You're very beautiful, Donna." He smiled at me and I sent a warm and sympathetic smile back. 

"Thank you."

He nodded his head and brushed his hair away from his forehead. 

 "What are you doing here? You're too young." I asked him.

I watch as his smile dropped and his face softened. 

"One of the men here killed my parents and took me here to work to pay off the debt that my dad was in. I have to h-hurt other people and I don't want to." He replied in a shaky voice. 

My heart cracked.

"I don't want to be here anymore ma'am. I want to leave, but I can't. He won't let me." 

"Antonio." I sighed as I rubbed my hands down my face. 

What the fuck is wrong with my damn husband? 

"Excuse me miss?" He looked confused. 

"I'm sorry, Don, he did this?" I asked. 

"Oh no. Don is a scary man but he didn't bring me here." He said.

I furrowed my eyes in confusion. 

Who else has the power to do this?

Just as I was about to question the young boy, even more, I heard the rustling of leaves. 

The boy muttered a small apology and scurried away from me and stood where he was originally standing.

I quickly ran away as well and hid behind a tree. 

"Let's go little boy! You have a new body to dispose of!" A dark and grumbly voice bellowed. 

He came into view as he grabbed the boy by his forearm tightly. 

The man was huge, bald, tattooed, and frightening. 

He sneered down at the boy as he yelled at him in Italian. 

"Please don't hurt me again. I will take care of the bodies." The young boy pleaded.

I watched as his hand that wasn't being deathly gripped by the man was hovering above his face just where his scar was. 

Oh my god, did this ugly man do that to the young boy?

"You better! Or I will find that pretty little cousin of yours and make her my whore." The man chuckled. 

I watched as the boy tensed and his fear was replaced with anger. 

In a heartbeat, the ugly man punched the young boy right in the stomach. The young boy hurled forward and clutched his belly.

I put my palm over my mouth as a sob was threatening to escape. 

How could someone be so fucking cruel? I feel like I could barf watching the interaction between the two of them. 

"Don't you dare catch an attitude with me boy!"

This only pushes me further to escape Antonio. He and his little business partners have no respect for humans. 

They are sick and evil.

What came out of that vile man's lips left me clenching my fists. 

"I can kill you whenever I want. Just like I did to your pathetic parents." He snarled as he dragged the boy away. 

The young boy turned his head to look at me and I could see the tears glistening in his blue eyes. 

That's the man that killed his family and brought him here. That sick evil man is using a child to do his dirty work. 

This is fucking crazy. Everything is so fucking twisted. 

I am now not my only priority in escaping, I will make sure that the young boy does as well. 

And I will get that psychopathic man killed.  

"What the fuck?!" Antonio yelled in anger as he held my hands. 

As soon as Antonio got home my plan was already in action. 

I was planning on accusing that crazy man that killed the young boy's parents of touching me inappropriately. 

Antonio found me on the floor with my head on my knees crying like a baby with my arms wrapped around my stomach. 

He believed me. 

So not only will Antonio lay off the guards, but he will kill that wretched man as well. 

"H-he grabbed me and he-" I fake sobbed and wiped a tear from my eye.

"He called me hor-horrible names. I'm sorry I can't-" I dabbed my eyes with a tissue and threw my arms around Antonio's neck as I sobbed into his shoulder. 

"I don't feel safe with all of these, these guards. Please get rid of them. They look at me like I'm some piece of meat!" I cried in disgust. 

Antonio caressed my back and kissed the side of my head.

"I will, tesoro. Don't worry." He softly said. 

"Thank you so much. I love you, Antonio." I had to sell it, if I didn't pull the "I love you" card, Antonio would start to get suspicious. 

"It's alright, stop crying. I love you too."

I clutched onto his neck tighter and continued my fake crying.

I cannot believe Antonio bought into it.

"I'm gonna kill that fucking man, don't worry my love." His voice quickly changed in a matter of seconds.

Before I knew it, Antonio was storming out of the door yelling like a maniac as I smiled through my tears placing an X right next to the third step.

I will escape Antonio and I will bring that young boy with me as well.

ANTI-ANTONIO

1. TRICK THE CAMERAS

2. GET ON HIS GOOD SIDE

3. GET FEWER GUARDS 

4. BUILD MUSCLE

5. END ALL SUSPICIONS

6. FAKE PREGNANCY SCARE

7. WIRE MONEY INTO A SECRET BANK ACCOUNT

8. FAKE DEPRESSION

9. DEACTIVATE THE WIFI

10. ESCAPE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 1.1K 46
{Dark: Enemies to Lovers romance.} "I would get her eyes tattooed inside my brain; yet I would still get lost in them with just one look." ...
398K 8K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
350K 7.2K 42
Annalyse never had friends in her school. You ask why? She avoided them because she's so afraid that her father will know and everyone hates her. So...
19.4K 919 45
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...