Mr. Billionaire's Lovely Wife.

By hijab_khan

"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with t... More

Introduction.
Character Asthetic.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Author's Note.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Author's Important Note.
Updating Days.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
An important note.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Dual P.O.Vs? Bookstagram?
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Dual P.O.Vs?
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Instagram.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Five.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-two

Chapter Ten.

5.7K 167 11
By hijab_khan

I push him away gently and try to regain my senses.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, he takes a step back and smirks.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I roll my eyes.

"I have no idea what you are on about but I do want to ask you one thing."

"And what is that?"

"If you kept the freaking gun in my closet why the hell didn't you tell me to grab it when I was nearing my death here last night?" I ask him as calmly as I could because right now I want to kill him.

He shrugs innocently. 

"I forgot." With that, he turns and leaves the closet. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  I can't show him the effect he has on me.

This is just an arranged marriage, with no romance and just nothing. Nothing at all.

That was what he told me.

So why doesn't he just stick to it? I don't want him to stick to it, but he makes me nervous as hell.

I follow him out and see that he's already left the room. Of course, now he's going to have his breakfast and I have to join him.

After having our breakfast, he goes into the study and I call Brooke. I make sure to check that he's still in the study and then I go into the bedroom where I slept last night.

"You won't believe what happened last night." I don't even give her a chance to say hello because I have to tell her everything as soon as possible. I have to get it all out.

"What happened? Did he kiss you at last?" She asks, I roll my eyes.

"In my dreams. No, nothing of that sort happened... actually something did happen." I say, remembering yesterday's events.

"What? What did you guys do? Tell me right now!" She seems so excited, it's like she wants to jump out of the phone.

"I hugged him, and he kind of hugged me back but don't worry he's back at it. He's being all cold again." I hear her groan.

"Why does he have to be like this? I swear I haven't come across a man like him in my life." She says. I sigh. She's right. But I have to put up with it because I... I just want to put up with it.

"I know right. But leave that, let me tell you what the hell happened last night." 

I tell her everything and for the next ten minutes, we share our theories about what might be the reason behind last night's events.

"I don't get why he needs a gun in the first place, He's a businessman and not a mafia or something."I voice my concerns.

"Or maybe he is?" It comes more like a question but I brush it off.

"Come on, Brooke. Have you been watching JK's fanfictions again?" I ask her, knowing fully well she must have.

"Ah, come on. That shit is awesome, literally like a novel or something and you know I like to read." She starts defending herself and I laugh.

"I know, I'm just kidding. But I don't think he's involved in that kind of stuff. I hope not."

"You don't sound so sure." Brooke remarks. 

I chew on my lower lip.

"Come on, I don't know much about him but I'm sure about this, he can't be involved in such stuff." I try to make myself believe in what I'm saying.

I hear Brooke laugh on the other side.

"Chill, I'm just messing with you and Lyn, he's a billionaire and it's common for rich people to own weapons. Don't think too much about it. Anyways, I have to go eat now or I'll die, make sure to tell me when he makes a move on you." 

"Which would never happen." 

"Don't lose hope just yet. Good things are in store for you." She tells me and we end the call after saying our goodbyes. 

Good things, where?

When? How?

I get up from my bed and walk outside. I'm feeling alone and he's at home.

I should talk to him, make him open up to me. Just do something.

Because I freaking want this marriage to work. I don't want him to divorce me when I've clearly given him my heart.

I walk towards the study determined to pull him out of his shell. I'm his wife, not his servant or anything. He must open up to me.

I knock on the study door. I'm still confident. I can do this.

He tells me to come in, so I open the door. He's sitting on a chair, reading something. 

He has his reading glasses on, the only personal thing I know about him is that he is far-sighted. And he looks so damn hot when he wears those glasses. I rarely get to see him like this.

I enter the study and he looks up at me.

I dig my nails into my palms. Why did I come here?

What am I going to say?

What am I going to do?

"What is it?" He asks when I don't say anything for several seconds. I take a step towards him and look around the study. It is stacked with books. Let me tell you we have a library which has probably thousands of books. He loves to read and that's something I love about him.

I hope one day, we could sit together in his study or the library and read together, sneaking kisses occasionally. 

Ah, my fantasy world.

"Is everything okay?" He asks once again, he seems to have regained that side of his which he just started to show me.

I nod and take another step towards him and another. 

Until I'm standing in front of him. He looks up at me and takes off his glasses. I look at the book he was reading, but I couldn't see the title so I take it from his hand. My hands start shaking badly as I do this so I decide to put the book down.

I bend down to put the book on the side table which is beside him, but I completely forget for a second that he's literally sitting here and if I bend down to reach the table we'll definitely come in contact.

I try to put the book on the table as carefully as I can and while doing so I feel my shoulder graze his chest. 

Just a simple, soft touch, and my heart seem like it would burst. I drop the book on the table and our eyes meet.

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me towards him. This all happens in milliseconds, my hands land on his shoulders instinctively and the next thing I know is I'm sitting on his lap.

On his lap.

On Aiden Hayes' lap.

My eyes widen upon realizing this and I try to stand up but he tightens his grip around my waist.

"Now tell me what is it?" He asks while looking into my eyes as if this is normal for us. My heartbeat is going off-charts and my hands are still shaking. 

What's happening?

I came here to make a move on him, and here he is...

Making a move on me?

His other hand tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear and then travels to my cheek. He simply rests his hand on my cheek and does nothing.

I break our eye contact and look down. 

This is such an awkward position.

But it's strangely comfortable. 

I decide to be bold. Because he's my husband. I mean, I can be bold with him.

I make myself more comfortable on his lap by positioning my legs on either side of him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He raises his eyebrows and tilts his head. 

He seems amused by this, I can see that.

He removes his hand from my cheek and brings it to my waist. He pulls me closer to him until our lips are just inches apart.

I can feel his breath over my lips.

"Fuck it." He whispers before leaning in.

I close my eyes. This is really happening.

My first kiss is finally happening.

I can't believe it. 

He brushes his lips against mine and I clutch his shirt in my fists.

Just as he leans in further to fully capture my lips with his, suddenly...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316 20 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
6.8M 180K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
4.6M 138K 88
He strides closer, his eyes focused intently on me. I stumble backwards, feeling the cold wall press against my back. He stops inches away from me, f...
1.7M 55.3K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...