Inferno Hearts

By Ilovepinkandpink

" what have you done ? " i asked , unable to believe those words , his response was quick , a sly smirk took... More

1 . Introduction , characters , description
2 . beginning
3 . party ( part 1 )
4 . Party (part - 2)
5 . CEO
6 . weird
7 . Contract
8 . watching you
9 . His responsibility
10 . Surprise
11 . Tired
12 . Return of crackhead

13. Remember me ?

23 3 0
By Ilovepinkandpink

Iris's POV

Mr. Lockwood left right after the meeting ended which was 13 minutes ago and i am on my lunch break chatting with Andria about the day as she does the same .

Patrick joins us as we three eat our lunch chuckling every now and then when Patrick cracked an unexpected joke .

We were still in the middle of conversation when Andria suddenly brought up old memories . And obviously mentioned Ivon's name .

" her first and currently last relationship with Ivon ,Oh you should have seen the chemistry Patrick " she giggled .

He just stared at her processing the whole information she dumped on him .

He looked at me

" You seriously just never dated anyone ? " He asked with shock written all over his face .

" Uh ... I mean I wasn't interested "
I reasoned out only to be cut off by Andria .

" Even he is single , I checked his profile , he has grown hotter ivy ! "
She chirped as Patrick suddenly went quiet looking at the table and no where else .

Andria has a really big mouth ... Maybe Patrick is jealous that she complimented that guy , and she doesn't even realise it .

I know it's unnecessary for a partner to be upset about such issue but like I know Andria wouldn't be impressed by him if does that either .

" Uh ...oh really ? " I responded to her .

" Hey Patrick , you remember the client a week ago " I said as he looked up with puzzled expressions as I secretly passed him a knowing look indicating him to act along .

" Uh yeah ... What about her ? " He asked , as Andria furrowed her eye brows at us in curiosity .

" Well did you give her your number ? , She sounded like she really wanted it " I smirked devilishly as Andria looked at Patrick with unbelievable expressions .

" Oh no , I didn't give her my number " he smirked as if he knew what game I was playing .

" I actually gave her my snapchat , she's cool " he said trying not to smirk again as he ducked down to lift his fork or to hide his face from Andria .

" Was she ? " Andria snapped and suddenly smiled hiding her jealousy .

Patrick grew uncomfortable as he hummed and ate his lunch while I looked at her grinning .

" Come on Andria , he just said she was cool " I teased as she glared at me and glared at him back .

" He never called me cool " her voice grew louder in accusing tone .

" You never called him hot too " I suddenly said and bite my tongue ... Oops .

Her eyes widened at that and she looked down at her food and now Patrick stared at her but she rolled her hair strands with her index finger .

" Soo how about we all watch a movie tonight ? " She said brightening her face to us and I nodded in agreement , Patrick did the same but playfulness in his eyes was long gone .

Few minutes later

I was walking towards secretary Trisha to collect some important files , few minutes ago Mr . Lockwood came back to work and asked me to collect reports from Trisha and now I am here in search of her .

I caught a sight of her and rushed my steps towards her .

" Hey Trish ! " I yelled startling her .

She swiftly turned with kind smile resting on her features .

" The files " I stopped infront of her .

She smiled submitting them and went back to her office .

I turned my steps away and was about to walk back to the elevator , I heard my name being called , i turned around to find many people soo I decided to ignore it , maybe they called someone else's name .

I heard it one more time , this time more vividly , I tried to ignore everything and get inside the elevator which I successfully did but right when the elevator door was about to close , suddenly a shoe interrupted the closing elevator door and it reopened again flashing a guy .

He looked very familiar , handsome and hot , very tall , his face sharper than ever , his eyes reminding me of purest honey anyone could ever find ,
His sleek long brownish hair with hint of golden shade to it , his thick eye brows , built figure , broad shoulders , his shirt doing a little job to cover his peaking muscles .

I stared at him with mouth wide open , how can this face be familiar ?

Do I know him from somewhere ? Absolutely not , I can never imagine meeting someone like ....this .

He was panting as he stared at me right after the door opened and stepped inside to which I took a step back to maintain distance and room for others .

The door closed as the elevator moved
But his eyes never left me , it looked like he wanted to talk to me .

I narrowed my eyes looking at him .

" Iris " he voiced out stepping closer .

Who the hell is this guy ?!

I backed away , my body meeting the wall behind me .

" Who are you ? " I asked , panick settling in my system .

Is he a creep ?

" Iris " he called again noticing my discomfort he stood in his ground .

" Do you remember me ? " He asked innocently with a hint of desperation , his eyes warm as hell as light smile took over his face trying to make me remember about him .

" I don't know you sir " I answered quickly assuming he must have mistaken me ... But he knows my name !

" Ivon ... " He smiled at me again with wide eyes which I found extremely adorable .

Oh my god .... It's Ivon !

Damn even if he was a stranger , I would have accepted that I knew him eventually .

I am kidding!

" Back in ...."

" In highschool " he completed my sentence growing closer with warm smile .

My cheeks reddened at the closeness as I stared at him tried to smile back .

" Oh my god " I breathed out .

" How have you been Iris ? " He asked with sweet tone which melted my heart enormously as I flashed him a smile .

" Good , how are you ? " I asked .

" Fine as well " he moved and stood beside me , and turned his face to me .

" You look beautiful " he whispered out of nowhere and the colour red intensifying my face as I cleared my throat to speak again .

" You look good too , how come you are here ? " I asked looking at him .

" Oh Andria didn't tell you ... I " we were abruptly cut off by the elevator but that wasn't the main interruption .

A tall figure stood right infront of us as we both were taken aback .

It was Mr . Lockwood , I saw his cold eyes land on both of us but focused on me more , I shivered at the contact and quickly looked away .

" Iris ? Are you there ? " Ivon shook my shoulder as I turned to him flashing an apologetic smile , he suddenly held my hand to stop me ,

" I ... Have to go now Ivon , I'll talk to you later " I freed myself from him and stepped out of the elevator .

The door closed leaving Ivon inside .

I walked towards the office as Mr. Lockwood's steps were rooted in same position as before , I went inside the office but to my surprise he walked behind me and shut the door close .

I stared at him weirdly and walked back to my table but suddenly remembered the reports I had to submit which were still in my hands .

I slowly got up and walked to him as he still stood with his back facing the closed door and eyes never leaving mine .

" What took you so long ? " His tone was colder now , I gulped and extended the reports to him but his hands were folded across his chest .

His presence was soo intimidating as I let down my hands and stared at him .

" What took you soo long ? " He asked again , his posture still relaxed but features tensed and cold .

" It wasn't..." I stuttered as he quirked an eyebrow .

" I just took 3 minutes sir " I responded quickly as he stepped closer to me , my heart ready to rip out of chest .

" Really ? " He whispered , his eyes boring holes on me as I looked away .

" I am really sorry sir , this won't happen again " I responded .

" 4.5 minutes " he said as I suddenly looked up .

" And now 5 minutes " he continued and sighed silently , his fingers met mine as reports slowly were pulled out and he walked to his table settling on his chair , I stood there catching my breath .

" Get back to work Iris " he reminded and I sat on my chair sighing .

What just happened ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.5K 27
"You are so different." He whispered. "And you are doing something to me, Bella. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around you." *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*...
88.2K 1.8K 37
"You piece of shit!" I sobbed, pulling on the chain connecting my leg to the bedpost. "You lied to me, Enzo...I trusted you!" Enzo took a few steps...
406K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
8.8K 141 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...