You're Not For Sale (P.JS ff)

By seoulfeels

Receiving minimum wage salary, Lee May wanted a better job that validates her hard work. On the way to the jo... More

You're Not For Sale
Part 1 - The Devil Wears Prada
Part 2 - Teacups
Part 3 - First Name Basis
Part 4 - Not A Dream
Part 5 - Disappear
Part 6 - The Deal
Part 7 - Not Anymore
Part 8 - Not So Special
Part 9 - Aurora Borealis
Chapter 11 - Nobody
Chapter 12 - Beach
Chapter 13 - You Suck
Chapter 14 - Tiramisu

Part 10 - Ice Cream

411 35 51
By seoulfeels

After the cruise, Jay and May decides to rest in the transient home they both rented. This is time for relaxation anyway, but then flashes of camera welcomed them. It turns out, Kristia leaked thier location for money.

Jay had to make a decision to just leave their other belongings and run towards the bus stop. They're lucky enough that there's a bus waiting for passangers. They went in and asked to be dropped of to the bus terminal to the airport. He also texted his pilot so they could leave this country at once.

The moment Jay stepped at the safety of his private jet, he can finally breathe again.

May hugged her purse as if it's a person she love, making Jay smile. He thought she loves the Chanel bag that he chose for her. But then May pulled her wallet and hugged it.

Jay got curious why she looks so happy to have her purse with her and her wallet that he snatched her wallet to see what's so precious inside it. "Hey!" May protests, but JAy lifted it up where she can't reach it.

Jay saw the family picture in it where May is carrying a small Ni-ki with her, beside them are her mother and Ni-ki's father. He pulled the picture to see it better when another family picture fell. Jay picked it up and saw a family of three. MAy, her mother and probably her real father.

"Give me that." May grabbed them one by one from Jay, fixing her wallet.

Jay became silent for a while and turned his back from May. He pulled his wallet and stared at his empty picture holder and his card holders with different cards. He has no family picture. He has a family portrait back in his father's house though.

"Where are we going now? Are we going back?" May asked him, interrupting him from his thoughts.

"We're going to Malaysia. I want to see the white beach, then we can go back if you miss Ni-ki that much." he told her.

"Beach?" May had goosebumps thinking of another trip that involves water.

As long as they're far away from the waves she might live.

"Yeah. It's relaxing on beaches." Jay remarked.

"By the way, you should call Ni-ki. I'm inviting him as a model in my summer collection. He should be ready at the last days of winter. I'll be launching my collection then." He said then closed his eyes.

Ni-ki as a model?

That would make Ni-ki happy.

He has at least three weeks.

Meanwhile, May looked at her shots of Aurora. They're beautiful. Especially when the lights are purple, pink and green.

May closed her eyes and decided to rest before they land.

...

(Flashback)

Natalie took May to this PC room where Jaehyuk - her boyfriend, is playing with his friends. She covered Jaehyuk's eyes interrupting the game.

"Natalie! What the hell!" Mashiho yelled, knowing that it was her who entered and covered Jaehyuk's eyes because Jaehyuk's hero isn't moving.

"Babe, we'll lose the game." Jaehyuk calmly told her.

May rolled her eyes at how serious these guys are when it comes to games.

So childish.

"Nice one Heeseung! That's right! We'll win even without Jaehyuk." Mashiho cheered.

"You talk too soon." Their playmate named Junkyu yelled at them.

Natalie removed her hands on Jaehyuk's eyes and kissed his cheeks. "Babe, May's ready to meet Heeseung properly." She whispered.

"Get a room!" Heeseung chuckled, glancing at Natalie. He got distracted when he saw May. Natalie has been trying to set him up with this girl since he can remember but May keeps refusing.

Jaehyuk leaned to Heeseung, still playing. "Dude, it's your lucky day. Double date later." He whispered excitedly.

"Heeseung! Heeseung!" Yoshi, their teammate yelled.

Heeseung looked back on his monitor to resume playing. It took them 30 minutes to win the game. Natalie and May are bored then, that May whispered to Natalie that she didn't want to be introduced anymore.

After the game Natalie told Jaehyuk that the plan is canceled. Jaehyuk didn't have the heart to tell Heeseung that the date is canceled once again that he planned to manipulate May and Heeseung instead.

"My treat since we won. Who's coming?" He asked.

"Mee!" Jeongwoo raised his hand, making him frown. This kid is glued to him ever since they became friends. Sometimes he feels like he already has a son.

"Not you! You have a curfew." He said pushing him away.

"You up for it?" He asks May, putting her on the spot.

Now May thought about coming home and how she didn't want to see her mother for now. "I'm in." She responds.

While walking to the parking lot, Heeseung walked beside Jaehyuk to whisper. "You said it's a double date, why does it seem like she's being forced to come?" He asks.

The two glanced at May, walking alone at the back. "She refused again at the last minute. But since you got me, it's your lucky day." He said messing Heeseung's hair.

"I don't feel lucky at all." He said chuckling.

Jaehyuk hopped in the driver's seat and Natalie on the passenger's seat while the other two shared the back seat.

"So, your mother came home. How is she? It's been a while since I last saw her. Will she cook kimchi fried rice tomorrow, because I'll definitely come over." Jaehyuk said while putting on his seatbelt when Natalie pinched his side.

"Have some shame!" She scolds her boyfriend.

"What? We used to always come over during breakfast." Jaehyuk protests.

"We're not kids anymore." Natalie scolds her again.

"By the way, this is my friend, Heeseung. I'm sure you've seen him. He attends the school from downtown." Jaehyuk tried to start a conversation.

"Hi." May greets without looking at Heeseung. "I'm May." She introduced herself.

"I'm Heeseung." Heeseung also shyly introduced himself.

"So, you like games." May tried to start a conversation but she's still awkward.

"Yes. Not just online games, I play sports too. I'll play basketball this coming tri-school tournament. Do you watch basketball?" He asks.

May shook her head.

"Do you play sports?" Heeseung asked, making her shake her head as response.

"May's extremely clumsy. She'd die if she play sports." Natalie joked.

"Yeah, I kinda am. I try my best to avoid any sports or any activities that involve running." She awkwardly said.

"Heeseung's clumsy, but he still play." Jaehyuk muttered. "Maybe you should help May overcome her fear." He tried to lead the conversation.

"I don't know about that." May said, hitting Jaehyuk's shoulder.

"We're here," Jaehyuk announced as he parked in front of this fast food restaurant, common hangout for students.

They ordered the classics, fries burgers, and milkshakes.

Jaehyuk sat beside Natalie, so Heeseung and May would sit beside each other without a choice.

"So, what are your interests, May?" Heeseung asks, stiking a conversation, while the food is still not served.

"I like painting." She said, showing him photos of her artworks. Heeseung's amazed by her talent right away.

"Pretty." Heeseung complimented, glancing at May who's staring at his eyes. They both silently stared at each other's faces for a moment.

She's never seen such kind eyes before. He looks unreal. He's like a painting, painted by an artist who wanted to meet the perfect guy.

Natalie and Jaehyuk smiled at each other, knowing that this date is going well.

"You know what, my brother is throwing a party before he enlists this Friday, you should come." Heeseung invites her.

"We'll we're adults now. We can drink, so why not." Natalie responds making Jaehyuk frown at her. "He's inviting May only." He reminds.

"Well if Natalie would go, I'll go." May said, holding Natalie's hand.

"We're going." Jaehyuk responds right away. Anything to make these two spend time more.

"Cool. I'll wait for you then." Heeseung smiled at May. He has such a kind smile.

Their food got served,interrupting their conversation.

May took a bite on her burger but the lettuce fell on her lap. Heeseung on the other hand grabbed some fries and shoved them in his mouth but one fell inside his shirt.

"Oh shit." They both said in unison.

They're so perfect for each other. Natalie and Jaehyuk thought.

Both shy and clumsy.

They spent time in the arcade. Heeseung taught May to shoot baskets and play shooting games. They look like they're having so much fun that Jaehyuk and Natalie didn't remind them of the time.

By the time they're finished, it's already 1 AM. Jaehyuk drove May home just in case her mother is waiting outside. All mother's in the block loves Jaehyuk. They all trust him with their daughters.

Nobody gets scolded if they're with Jaehyuk.

Nobody's waiting for May though. The lights are out as well.

"Thanks." May said then smiled at Heeseung before getting out of the car, climbing her window. She turned the lights on and saw the box that Ni-ki gave her on her desk.

She hissed as she sat in her chair and opened the box. It's a cheap handmade bracelet that he clearly made himself. The three beads spells I ♡ U. She felt awful for throwing it earlier.

She placed the box inside her drawer and grabbed a hanful of her hair, feeling like she's the worse person that ever lived.

Lifting her head up, she saw her reflection and hated what she see. She hates herself foe not being happy for her mother and for not being a good daughter.

She dived in her bed and cried.

The next day, she woke up and saw Ni-ki dancing to Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal in front of the TV, while her mother and Ni-ki's father are making omurice together. They look so happy, but May still don't feel happy for them. She still wants her father to come back. And when he does, she didn't want Ni-ki or Hiro in this house.

"Noona!" Ni-ki happily ran towards her, hugging her. His hold is so tight that she couldn't push him away. He's like a koala, clinging in a tree.

"Oh, honey. Come taste this." Her mother invited her.

May tried to move but Ni-ki is still wrapped around her.

"Go away!" She yelled making Ni-ki let go, and run behind Miya, hugging her instead.

Great! She's the villain again.

"May! Can you not yell at your brother?" Her mother scolded her.

"He's not my brother." She said and ran away.

"Noona!" Ni-ki called, running to chase her. May's crying on her way out that she didn't notice Ni-ki chase for her. She heard cars horning non-stop that she looked back and saw her half-brother in the middle of the street, biting his thumb in confusion and fear.

That's right, her mother lived in Okayama, a countryside in Japan. No busy traffic and wide roads like this.

May ran towards him and carried her brother, taking him to the sidewalk. "Are you crazy?" She yelled at him.

"Get off the road idiots!" Drivers yelled at them.

Ni-ki began to cry, wrapping his small arms around May's neck.

May didn't like hearing his cries and didn't appreciate the humiliation. "Stop it." She told him but how could the kid possibly stop crying when he's so frightened right now?

"I said stop, Ni-ki. Stop crying." She said in annoyance making Ni-ki wrap his hands tighter and cry louder.

May looked around and saw an ice cream parlor.

She thought she could bribe Ni-ki with ice cream. She entered the store and ordered children's favorite, chocolate ice cream. She sat down and offered Ni-ki a cone of chocolate ice cream.

"Babysitting for college funds?" Her classmate, Haruto asked.

"Oishi!" Ni-ki says in delight, licking his ice cream.

"Oh, he's Japanese." Haruto approached them. He works here for his college funds. "Want an extra scoop?" He offered the kid, since he feels a connection between them.

Ni-ki nods his head.

"I've never seen him before. I know all the Japanese family in town." Haruto told May, in the process of giving Ni-ki an extra scoop.

"He's new." May said then left Haruto just like that. She felt embarrassed that her mother re-married.

She got home careying Ni-ki who's eating ice cream, making her mother frown. "Lee May! Your brother is not allowed to have sugar yet!" She scolds her.

"How should I know that? He was never mentioned?" She said, placing Ni-ki on the couch, running towards her room, slamming the door, locking it. She dived in her her bed and cried again.

That moment when she held Ni-ki, she already feel different. She's not an only child now, but a big sister. But she still can't do her role because of the anger inside her.

"May! Come out and eat breakfast! Stop being stubborn!" her mother yelled outside her door, knocking like crazy.

"Never!" May yelled, brying her face in her pillow to muffle her scream.

"Noona! Please join us for breakfast." She heard Ni-ki's voice under her mother's loud voice. It made her cry even harder. She wanted to kick herself for being such an ass.

"Let her be for now, Miya. Give her some space. This is a lot to process, since nobody told her."

May heard Hiro's voice before her mother stopped yelling.

"So it's my fault?" Miya asked Hiro accusingly.

"I'm not saying it's your fault. It's mine as well since I didn't ask you to ever introduce me to her. We never bothered to call or invite her for a vacation those four years." He told Miya.

"So she's allowed to disrespect us like this?" Miya yells at Hiro.

"She's allowed to have space. Let's give her time to think." Hiro reponded.

"And what? Give her permission that she can act this way? Not in my house!" She said and started knocking again. At one point she kicked the door.

"Miya! Please." Hiro tried to pull her away from the door but Miya pushed him.

"Don't touch me! Don't tell me how I should dicipline my own daughter." She yelled at him.

"Please don't fight." Ni-ki cried making May scream on her pillow again.

It's like nothing has changed. She can scream screams in the morning. Ni-ki is going to grow up like how she was raised. Walking up early not because of an alarm clock but because of fights.

May stood up and opened her door. Miya stopped screaming at Hiro and looked at May, who took Ni-ki inside her room and locked it.

"Lee May! Your brother has not eaten yet! Give him back!" She started yelling.

May covered Ni-ki's ears, hugging him to stop him from crying.

"May! Come out here! Open this door!"

May wanted to scream and cry like Ni-ki butbshe's a big girl now. She's a big sister now. She has to be strong, not another cry baby.

"I'll open the door once you stop screaming! This kid is not going to grow up in a household where I grew up." May said with all her courage. "It's the same thing mother over again mother. You changed husband and had another child but it's all the same." She cried, hugging Ni-ki tightly.

Miya calmed down feeling guilty for spreading such negativity early in the morning. She raised her hand in surrender. "Fine! I'm done. I won't scream." She said and went back to the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of brandy, taking it in one shot.

Hiro didn't know that this is how she is in Korea. He's also shocked.

Ni-ki stopped crying, still hugging May.

May pulled away and stared at the kid. "I'm so sorry." She apologized, hugging him again. "From now on, we'll have each other's back. Ok?" She told him.

Sh..e opened the door and carried Ni-ki to the kitchen. They all ate breakfast quietly.

Friday came and May decided to sneak out her window just to be at the party. She waited for Jaehyuk and Natalie in front of Natalie's front porch. Of course Jaehyuk has convinced Natalie's parents to take her to a party.

The car ride is filled with Natalie's rant about her parents forcing her to take up Law when she's not even interested. College is approaching and May has not even decided what degree she wants to pursue.

As soon as they arrived, Heeseung's brother welcomed them. He's a funny guy. He has Heeseung's eyes. They're both tall individuals.

May won't be surprised if he pkays sports as well.

"Want a drink? Non-alcoholic of course. We have grape juice." He offered her, leading her towards the kitchen. There are bu ch of people flirting and making out. Lots of girls also approached Heeseung, touching his arm and chest in a flirtatious manner, but he only joked around and let them go to the living room.

"Wow! You know everyone." May said as she sat on top of the table.

"Well, my brother's friends are my friends." He said, drinking from his red cup. He's so handsome. She couldn't believe that she's hanging out with someone this popular and attractive. He's perfect, but he's too perfect for her.

Something inside her keeps reminding her that she doesn't deserve someone like Heeseung. He's such an angel and she's just not.

"Lee Heeseung, care ro take over the dance floor?" His brother asks him, making Heeseung smile and join them on the dance floor, moving to the music like he had a lot of practive to dance this song. He can't even miss a beat and his moves are fluid.

Everybody fell in love with him right away. Everyone cheered as he danced. Guys gave him high fives and girls kept flirting and praising him.

In conclusion, everyone loves Lee Heeseung.

May grabbed Heeseung's drink and drank it in one shot. She shivered, hating the bittersweet taste of beer. It's awful. Why do people drink this?

Is this even a real type of drink or someone put poison in Heeseung's cup. She couldn't figure it out. Her vision doubled and her head started spinning. This is not good. Maybe it is poison.

After dancing he came up to May, smiling. "I was good, aren't  I?" He tried to act cocky but he still sounded so kind and cute. How does he do that?

Due to excitement and the effect of alcohol, May leaned forward placing a gentle kiss on his lips, making the crowd silent except for Heeseung's brother who giggled like a girl. "Wooohooo! My little brother finally has a girlfriend." He sang on top of his lungs, dancing around goofy.

Even Natalie and Jaehyuk were speechless.

It felt like a dream.

May initiating a kiss?

What kind of demon possessed this girl?

"M-May?" Heeseung stuttered in shock.

(End of Flashback)

...

A/N: Jay played the guitar. I'm fucking dead. I'm buying my casket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 697 32
he just wants to live peacefully but his bad luck was following him everywhere he is. being a victim of bullying is his only reason he hates his life...
4.6K 137 18
yang jungwon soulmate au - mentions of ed and depression ! minjeong is an outgoing and friendly person, but deep down shes broken and depressed. can...
37.6K 1.5K 46
β™‘ school romance "I don't deserve you Jaemin..." "What makes you say that?" "You're a kind, considerate, intelligent and humble person. The most of t...
185K 8.3K 35
"The ice skater's jaw tightened as he thought about the situation: a cheerleader, a popular cheerleader, coming to their school to kick him out of th...