rookie year • lamelo ball

By hiphoprapandbball

When reader and photographer finds out she's living in the same apartment building as NBA Player LaMelo Ball... More

• prologue •
• chapter 1 •
• chapter 2 •
• chapter 3 •
• chapter 4 •
• chapter 5 •
• chapter 6 •
• chapter 7 •
• chapter 8 •
• chapter 9 •
• chapter 10 •
• chapter 11 •
• chapter 13 •
• chapter 14 •
• chapter 15 •

• chapter 12 •

3.2K 79 127
By hiphoprapandbball

November 24th, 2019

You stretched and rolled out of bed, you got up to feed Lucky and took your phone off  the charger.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: Tonight at like 7, be ready.

You: oh shit, how ready?

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: new fit type ready.

Apple Pay $500

You: Oh 😦😦 Word.

You stared at the money on your phone at this point not even surprised he sent it but still feeling grateful. As you began preparing breakfast as silent as you could, Jordyn was sound asleep on your bed still, face buried in the pillows.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: what are you doing today?

You: I guess now I'm going to the mall to get a new outfit 🤣

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: that's what I like to hear. Send me pictures 😊

As you waited for the eggs to finish heating up to scramble them, you popped some bread in the toaster.

You: okay 😊 what are you up to today?

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: practice for most of the morning, then I'm getting food with some of the boys.

You: okayy, have fun 🤗

"Ughhh," You heard Jordyn groan without saying any other words.

"Awww, look who's finally up," you chirped, scooping eggs from out of the pan and onto the plate.

"Oh I feel amazing," she moaned sarcastically.

You walked over to her and handed her a water bottle with her plate of scrambled eggs and toast. She thanked you and attempted to take small bites.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" You chuckled.

"I wasn't that bad," she mumbled and you glared at her. "I remember... moments."

"Yeah? Like what?" You asked her, anticipating her response.

"Talking to Miles, meeting some of the team, being on the table..."

"Almost throwing up in Melo's car and nearly giving him a heart attack?" You chuckled.

"Damn... sorry about that," she mumbled.

"It's okay... you held it in... then proceeded to throw up in the elevator on the way up," you confirmed and she threw her hands in her face out of embarrassment.

"Aw shit y/n I'm so so sorry," she muttered.

"Don't be sorry at me be sorry at the janitors who probably came into work and were shook as hell," you exclaimed. "It was too late for us too tell anyone about it and we were not about to clean it ourselves."

Completely disregarding your words, a devious grin slowly grew on her face. 

"Sooo did you and Melo finally kiss?"

"No," you giggled looking down. "That was interrupted by your gagging."

"Aww man y/n c'mon. I'm annoying when I'm drunk, I'm so sorry."

"You are," you laughed. "I forgive you. He asked me to get ready for tonight at 7. I don't know what he has planned but he sent money for me to buy a new outfit soooo we have to go to the mall," you murmured, taking a bite out of your own toast.

"Sent you money?" She exclaimed.

"I knew that would be the only thing you heard out of that sentence," you laughed. "Yes, he did. Doesn't happen often so I'm kind of anticipating he wants me to dress up."

She propped herself up.

"How much money are we talking though?"

"$500."

"Oh hell nah bitch there's no time for me to be hungover we gotta go-" she said as she rushed to stand up and was quickly humbled by a pounding feeling in her temple.

"After some coffee," she laughs, sitting down.

•••

You both got up and ready to go shopping. Jordyn drove, and you picked up some coffee first before anything. When you made it to the mall, it took a while to decide what stores you wanted to shop in. You decided on one that fit your style the most.

Jordyn mainly helped you pick something out but wanted to do some shopping of her own while you tried things on.

After piling up a bunch of different pieces you wanted to try on, you scavenged around in the dressing room trying everything on and taking a picture of each outfit and sending them each to Melo.

After sending them all you awaited his responses and he took the time to reply to each one until he acknowledged his favorite and the one he wanted you to buy.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: hell nah not this

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: girl why you pick this out

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: hmmm I like this you should buy it still but it don't fit the vibe

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯:  buy thisss but not for tonight 😏

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: this the oneeeee oh you look🤤🤤

You giggled at his response of approval. You started gathering everything together of what he liked and what he did not. You hung up the ones you were going to leave and put the ones you were going to buy on the bench.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: Hmm what's that lil red peaking through the back in this?

You looked down at the red bra that you had on that was covered in rhinestones.

You: my bra?

Melo 🛸🕺🏾💯: Hmm

You: what?

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯 Bet

You: ??

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯

Apple Pay $200

buy something new for me to see, and only me.

You looked at your phone with your eyes widened.

"You almost done?" You heard Jordyn's voice ask from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, yeah," you say while quickly fumbling to get your own clothes up off the floor as they had fallen. A scandalous idea pops into your head.

You decided to take a picture of your body in nothing but your bra and panties, taking advantage of the mirror in front of you and using your phone to cover your face before snapping a few pictures and picking out the one you liked most and sending it to him.

You: same color?? Different set?? Lmk 😌

You slipped your phone in your purse and quickly threw your clothes back on.

Meanwhile, Melo was at practice stressing on the bench.

"Whatchu all unfocused for," Miles asked him, smacking him on the back. "C'mon. You took a longer break than me. That never happens," he laughed.

"My fault, let's get into it," Melo huffed. His eyes scanned the photo you sent him one more time before clicking his phone off.

They were finishing up dribbling around after it had been a couple of hours, they were the only two left in the gym at this point. Everyone else went to lunch. Melo finally opened up to Miles about what was going on.

"She said she likes me, I asked her out tonight and I ain't even get to kiss her yet, I really don't know how I've waited this long," Melo huffed rubbing his hands on his shorts.

"You all worked up about it, you clearly willing to wait for it," Miles replied, smirk on his face before shooting the ball from the free throw line.

"It's getting hard," Melo admitted to him, taking a step closer to him and whispering now. "She just sent me a body pic now that shit is engrained in my brain, how am I suppose to think about basketball right now?" He asked him and Miles started chuckling.

"Hahaha you down bad," he said while he shook Melo's shoulders. "We can call it a day and you can go home and beat your meat to that picture."

"Shut up dawg, forreal," Melo laughed. "She's so beautiful I know she's worth the wait its just hard," he sighed. "She knows what she just did by sending me that."

"It'll happen in time," Miles encouraged him. "But don't let that fact become a distraction."

"I know, I know. I'm not distracted. Let's go a couple more times," he told Miles and he nodded in agreement, bounce-passing the ball to him.

•••

After you and Jordyn paid for your new clothes in the store, you decided to go into Victoria's Secret to make a purchase per Melo's request.

You felt Jordyn's eyes almost burning a little hole on the side of your head.

"I just wanna look..." you trailed off.

"Mhmm..." Jordyn smirked. "Now you know you don't have to lie to me, Y/N."

"Okay fine shhhh," you hushed her as you scanned through the selection. "I may or may not have just sent him a body pic when I was trying clothes on."

She gasped. "Like naked?"

"No, No. Not yet," you laughed. "Just in my bra... he wants me to pick something out just for him after he saw my other outfits I sent him pictures of."

  "You're getting bold y/n, I like it. Did he reply to the picture though?"

"I'm too scared to look," you laughed.

"Well, look!!!" She nudged you and you pulled out your phone. You looked at your phone together.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯:

Y/N

God damn.

Red.

Black.

Shit every color.

Apple Pay $500

Every set.

Please.

She looked at you and smirked.

"Look at you, you made him speechless,"  she laughs. "And he started begging? And sent you more money? You need to fuck him tonight."

"Aw shit... now I'm panicking girl help me pick something out!!" You exclaimed to her and she took your hands and looked into your eyes.

"Girl you just sent a body pic to Melo Ball, who's clearly into you and wants to see you naked, whatever the hell you end up picking, he will still want to fuck you," you stated.

  You felt the heat run to your cheeks in response to her comment.

  "Let's get this shit then," you replied, picking out 3 different sets you had your eyes on already.

•••

You took your time getting ready and as you did, you really thought how you were done comparing aspects of your relationship with Melo to your old relationship. You were over Tristan for good.

It's been a while since you got really dressed up as much as you have lately. Even when you photograph weddings you tend to keep your outfit neutral and as comfortable as possible when you're doing a bunch of bending and stretching around to get the best images of couples.

So today you were dressing up and you felt the most beautiful and confident that you have in a while and because of that you were so ready for Melo to see you. Your mind rushed with a million thoughts wondering how the night would go.

You heard a knock at the door and let out a small gasp.

You looked at Lucky who was on your bed chilling.

You ran up to open the door in your heels and there he stood.

So tall and sooo fine, there was no one else that made you this happy to open your front door. His eyes scanned your body as he smiled.

"You look beautiful," he stated.

Thank you," you grinned. "Come in real quick there's someone I want you to meet." You tell him.

"Oh yeah, lemme see her," he said. "She's a her right?"

"Yeah, you giggled, "her name is Lucky."

"I ain't no cat person.. but.." he said while walking to the bed. He sat next to her and started petting her. Lucky's eyes closed while he scratched the back of her head.

"She's so cute," he smiled. "You like having her?"

"Yeah, she keeps me company." You say while crossing your arms.

You watch as Melo attempts to pull her into his arms and she snuggled up into his embrace.

"This is way to cute to not take a picture of, I have to," you say while grabbing your phone, Melo smiled for the picture. You admired it for a moment while he placed her back on the bed.

"Aw, you got some fur on your shirt," you laughed.

"Aww shit," he laughs trying to rub it off but nothing moved.

"Here, I got it," you say reaching for your lint roller. Something you already had because you brought it with you on shoots. You didn't realize it would be very handy now that you have a cat.

You began using the lint roller on his shirt and he watched you in awe as you took matters into your own hands. Happy with the results, you toss the lint roller on your bed and attempt to walk away but Melo catches your hand.

"Mmmm, come here," he hummed while using your hand to spin you around to get a full view of your outfit for the night.

"You look goood," he emphasized.

"Thank you," you blushed, smiling so hard your cheeks were starting to feel sore. "Where we going?"

"You'll seee," he chuckles, "I promise."

"Okay, I trust you," you smiled.

"Good, now c'mon," he motions.

The two of you get going, when you locked the door behind you, Melo reached out for your hand. You looked at it, then looked up at him.

His love language most definitely had to be touch.

You grabbed it, and he interlocked your fingers with his.

You laughed at him when you got to the elevator and it was packed, reminiscing on the first time you were in it together and it was full.

This time, Melo pulled you up against the his body. Hands still interlocked with yours as the rested on your hips. Your heart fluttered feeling his body against yours in this way.

There's no way at least one person in here couldn't recognize Melo, you thought.

He continued to hold your hand even up until you got to his car, he opened your door for you.

"What a gentleman," you you grinned playfully.

You took over his Bluetooth right away and started playing some of your favorite songs as you drove.

"One day you gon let me drive this," you nudged him and he shot you a look right away.

"Hmmm, I don't know about all that," he laughed.

"Why not?"

"Hmmm imma need to see how you drive your own car first," he replied.

"I only hit a curb now and then, nothing crazy."

"Nah nah you not about to crack my rims," he laughed.

"I wouldn't, pleaseee," you pleaded.

"Hmm, we'll see," he smirked.

When you got to the spot, it was a pretty lowkey, cute little restaurant. It was giving very much 5 star rating vibes with its dim lights, fancy tables and chairs. He reserved the spot for the two of you.

You sat down, studying the menu for a moment. He looked up at you and grinned, admiring your gorgeous look for the night. After deciding on what you wanted, the waiter came back and took your order.

"Sooo..  how'd shopping go?" He asked.

"Good, Jordyn came with me," you mumbled, crossing your legs under the table and straightening your posture.

"Oh yeah? What else you buy?"

"Couple outfits, some things..."

"Like??"

"I guess you'll have to see later," you shrugged.

"Anything related to this?" He chuckled, showing you his Lock Screen on his phone was in fact the picture you sent to him earlier.

"Melo," you blushed, grabbing his phone out of his hand and putting it face down.  He picked it right back up again to stare at it.

"You look..." he trailed off, in a daze as he did not remove his eyes from the picture.  "...really fucking good," he nodded, bringing his lips into his mouth before releasing them.

"Your lock screen though?" You glared at him and he shrugged.

"You messed with me at practice sending me that, so I think I deserve to fuck with you for that," he smirked and you rolled your eyes.

"That's the game we're playing?" You asked.

"Mhmm," he smirked.

"Bet."

"I ain't scared of what's going on in that head of yours, camera girl," he chuckled.

"I never said you should be," you giggled. All I said was "bet."

"Mhmm," he sassed. You roll your eyes at him.

The waiter brought your food out now.

You both ate your food throwing the occasional glimpses at each other, your mind still on the previous topic but you wanted to get him talking about other things.

"Sooo, LaMelo Ball... What's it like being in the spotlight?" You asked and he sighed and thought for a moment before he spoke.

"I really don't know what life is any other way," he shrugged. "What's it like to not be?"

"Seems, normal. Seems like I could go without feeling like eyes are on me 24/7," you smiled.

"Being around with me could change that..." he stated and you looked into his eyes for a moment.

"I don't mind," you shrugged.

"I'm worried that might change," he mumbled.

"How come?" You asked, looking into his eyes now.

"When all eyes are on you, everything is different. Every move and mistake you make can make a headline. It's a lot of pressure," he stated.

"Pressure makes diamonds," you shrugged in a pish-posh matter.

He sits up in his chair and crossed his arms, leaning towards to you now.

"So you think you can handle it?" He asked with a smirk.

Your throat instantly grows dry in response to his demeanor and how he questioned you.

"Uh- maybe, probably I guess it depends," you muttered, adjusting yourself in your seat.

"Nah, not maybe. I want to hear you say you can," he replied, very much aware of what his tone was doing to you now.

He was so enticing when he got in touch with his persuasive energy. It made you forget to take a breath thinking about letting him do anything and everything possible to you on this table right now.

You cleared your throat, bringing yourself  back to your reality.

  "I can..." you trailed off. "I can take- handle it."

He chuckled, grinning at you as his eyes grew dark.

"That's what I like to hear," he replied, focusing on his plate again before taking a bite.

The tension obvious between the two of you now, your stomach was in knots and you had a hard time finishing the rest of your meal without imagining dozens of scenarios going down between you and Melo. You set your fork down, unsure if you should be the one to break the silence.

"How'd you like your food?" He asked finally. Causing you to ease up a bit and smile, releasing a long and slow sigh.

"It was amazing, thank you LaMelo," you replied.

"Of course camera girl," he grinned.

You sat up in your seat with your legs crossed, hands on your lap. You watched him as he took the bill from the waiter and gave him his card.

Your eyes scanned his hands and how large they were. Thinking about how those were the same hands that were so good at holding a basketball so effortlessly. Then thinking about how good they would feel wrapped around your neck.

You grew impatient now, not because you wanted the night to end but because you wanted ever single part of him right now. You tried to hold it together.

"Melo?" You asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed, lip pulled between his teeth.

"Where to next?"

"You got somewhere to be?" He teased.

On your dick, you thought.

"No, no I didn't mean- I mean I'm just looking forward to what you got in mind," you stuttered.

"There's a place I want you to see, I think you'd love it, you ready?" He asked.

"Always am," you smiled.

He got up first, reaching his hand out for you to grab to help bring you out of your seat. As you walked out, some eyes were on you. You grew shy and looked up at Melo. He grinned down at you and you remembered the conversation topic you were just talking about and he knew exactly what was going through your head as he then noticed the eyes on the two of you as well.

"How do you handle it?" You asked.

"I'm open to the constructive criticism but I never let the hate get to me," he shrugged. "Eyes will be on me for the rest of my life. I just try to remember I'm doing what I love and I'm not mad about that."

  You had some ways to go to have a mentality like Melo.

When you got to his car, you sat in silence as he drove. He kept his hand on your thigh and you were burning up at this point. When you finally got to the spot he was talking about, you smiled at him. He knew you so well and within a couple minutes, you were up on the top floor of the building, admiring the beautiful view of the city of Charlotte from up above.

He looked at you and smiled. He had not said much at this point and you felt like you had not either. You finally broke the silence, nervously looking down at your feet before looking back up at him.

"I like you Melo, I really do. Not because you're LaMelo Ball but because you're Melo... I guess that doesn't make sense because-"

He cut you off by pressing his lips on yours.

Finally.

This was the moment you needed for the longest time. You melted into his embrace as his hands were holding onto your face. Grateful you were in heals, you linked your arms around his neck attempting to bring him as close as possible, intoxicated by his affection.

"Shit," he whispered into the kiss before latching his lips onto yours again. Your heart was filled with so much joy for the first time in a long time. The two of you not wanting to stop or let go of each other's embrace.

When you let go for a moment to catch your breath, you looked at him feeling completely speechless. Your mind replaying the moment and now you were unable to not think about anything else other than the feeling of his lips on yours. Your eyes scanned his with a small grin growing on your face now.

"I know pretty girl, I like you too, now please don't ever stop kissing me," he chuckled softly into your lips before kissing you again. You giggled into the kiss almost feeling happy tears come on. Enjoying this new level of appreciation you could finally show each other now.

••

  When you got back to his car, he turned around and faced you.

"Don't let me regret this but... wanna drive?" He asked and your eyes grew in excitement.

"Seriously?"  you asked.

"Yeah," he shrugged.

You grabbed the keys out of his hand and quickly made your way to the front seat. He went to the passenger seat side. It was a funny sight seeing the two of you have to adjust your seats in the opposite direction. He brought his all the way back and you brought yours more than inches away from the steering wheel.

You looked at him after putting the keys in the ignition and he watched you, amused by the sight.

"Awwww shit," you turned up the radio and leaned back in your seat. You pulled out the lot and did not realize how much of a confidence boost you would be given driving a $200,000 car.

You shot the occasional glance at him as he had the biggest smile on his face completely enjoying everything about this.

When you hopped on the freeway you pushed 80 almost 90. His face grew concerned with the possibility of you getting pulled over in his car.

"Hey," he laughed while putting his hand on your arm. "Slow your ass down."

"Sorry," you laughed, bringing down your speed now. You drove around the city, admiring it from the window.

  "Oh shit..." you stated, slowing down and turning the radio down as well. "I need my car for tomorrow."

"Where is it?" He asked you.

"Left it at my parents house on my birthday," you replied.

"Perfecttt, I can't wait to meet them, let's go," he laughed, you glared at him.

"You better act right," you giggled.

"Who said I wouldn't?" He grinned proudly, adjusting his shirt.

•••

You made it to your moms and unlocked the front door slowly. Your parents were in the living room watching a movie and were more than happy to see you two.

"Well you two look really nice," your mom grinned, putting her glasses on and standing up from the couch.

  "Mom and dad this is Melo, Melo this is my  mom and dad," you chuckled.

"Nice to meet y'all," Melo grinned, he shook your dads hand and gave your mom a side hug. "We we're on a date, I took her out for dinner, I hope that's okay," Melo smiled.

"Of course," your mom smiled and winked at you as he spoke with your dad.

"It's nice to meet you son," your dad smiled at him. They chatted for a moment and you told your mom you were just stopping by to say hi and pick up your car. You watched as they asked him some questions. Your dad knew exactly who he was so of course he got to talking.

He was the sweetest to your mom, the biggest gentleman and was very kind to your father. You admired how he held the conversation with them so well. The moment was short and sweet, but you were ready to get going.

Out of habit, Melo made the mistake of pulling out his phone as he stood right next to your mom. Remembering the Lock Screen photo, you were too far to snatch his phone out of his hand, but by the look on his face when he saw it, he definitely realized and slipped it right back into his pocket.

"Uh- but we're-we're going to go," you blurted. "I love you guys, always good to see you, we'll stop by again soon."

"You too," your replied with a smile on her face you wondered he she noticed or if he put it away in time. The two of you rushed out of the house and back to his car.

•••

"You're slick as fuck for that," is the first thing you said to him when the two of walked into his apartment. You were hoping to God your mom did not see the photo on his phone and you were nervous about it the entire way home.

"For what," he asked, grinning ever so innocently, using all of his teeth to smile.

  "You know what you did," you mumbled.

"What'd I do?" He asked, bringing you in by the waist to meet his face.

"Change your Lock Screen," you mumbled.

"Why? What if I want to show off what's mine," he replied, rubbing his thumb on your back as he spoke.

"What's yours?" You repeated, slightly heated at his stubbornness now. "Am I yours?"

"You tell me?"

"You ask me," you shot back, not making sense of what you were trying to say but rather feeling heavily sexually frustrated now.

"You gon regret having that attitude with me pretty girl," he replied, eagerly bringing his lips to yours now. He picked you up without breaking the kiss, walking you over to his bed now.

Slipping you out of your outfit, he undressed you tortuously slow. You laid down on the bed in nothing but the shiny new underwear you bought today for the occasion. His eyes scanned your body in all of its bare beauty for a couple of moments before going back to kissing you again.

You focused on the way his lips felt pressed against your skin. The way he softly kissed your jawline down to your neck, a small moan escaped your lips. He looked up at you and acknowledged your approval of his actions.

"You are mine," he mumbled in between planting kisses on your inner thighs. "All mine."

"Really?" You asked, trying to keep the sarcastic act up but miserably failing as he slowly slipped your panties off.

"So you went ahead and sent that picture and then get mad that I liked the picture?" He whispered while slowly beginning to rub your clit now.

"I wasn't mad that you- oh my god," your words were cut short as he slowly slid a finger inside of you.

"And still getting smart about it after I told you to watch your mouth?" He chuckled. His voice low now as he knew his tone was increasingly taunting to you.

"I- Melo," you gasped, feeling ecstatic about the increasing pleasure not only because it felt good but because it was Melo. And you wanted it to be him doing this to you right now. For the longest time.

"You know how long I been wanting to know how you taste?"  he mumbled, eyes hooded now has he was so focused on pleasuring you in this moment. He had yet to bring his mouth to your pussy and was only pleasuring you with his hands but you were putty in his grasp unable to control yourself at this point.

"You so beautiful, I don't think you truly understand that..." he mumbled, increasing the pace of his fingers now. Your heart swelled with happiness at his sweet words.

"But that smart mouth is going to get you in trouble," he finished.

"Melo shut up and eat me out already," you gasped and he was taken aback by your demands. He stopped.

  "Aht- what'd I just say?" He asked, his tone sounded playfully angry but nonetheless his aggression was turning you on.

You playfully glared at him, rolled your eyes then fell into character. If he wanted the praise as much as you did, then you would give it to him to get what you wanted. As you expected the result of two zodiac fire signs fighting for dominance.

"Please Melo, I want you to make me feel good, Melo," you beamed at him, pleading now, even though you were not lying. It was easy to tell that as confident as he was, he still enjoyed having his ego stroked.

It did not take him long to give in this time, as his lips found your clit, he took his time to make sure you felt good. His hands simultaneously caressing your breasts and bringing his hands all the way down to your hips as if you did not think he could get any closer to your pussy, his face was drowning in it at this point as you were moaning in response to him getting you closer and closer to your climax.

He did not stop, in fact, he kept going even after you came. Clearly overstimulated, you were gasping for air at this point admiring how dedicated he was to eating you until you cried.

"I stop eating you out when I'm finished," he stated, bringing his lips back up to the lips on your face now. (Lmaoo) "you need anything ma?"

To get a fucking grip after that shit, you thought.

"Surprise me," you whispered breathlessly, wrapping yourself in his blanket.

You had zero words as he got up and casually made his way to the fridge, grabbing the two of you something to drink. He brought it back to you and sat next to you now, still admiring everything about you.

"You so pretty," he beamed at you. "stay with me tonight?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 13 72
Sophomore year in Chino Hills, California. As a trouble bound teen girl she finds a new basketball star, what might happen between the boys and girls...
21.2K 455 43
He was a sophomore basketball player, she was also a basketball player and she just moved to Cali from New Orleans. They both wanted to be the best...
28.8K 393 27
The worst thing is when you have to choose between, doing what you love most and being with the person you love the most. I for one had to choose bet...