What if i told you i love you?

By stories116

Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Ba... More

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four

Three

10K 155 5
By stories116

Today is match day and potentially the day i make my debut for this great club. Our first game of the season is against Granadilla Tenerife at home.

I decided to sit next to Alexia on the bus and we had some pretty random conversations during our journey to our stadium. Once we got there we entered the locker room before inspecting the pitch.

They do things differently over here. Instead of getting changed in the locker room, we arrive in our kit to the stadium, which isn't a bad thing, i think it's easier.

Before our warmups i put my socks, shin guards and boots on and then i was ready. I had a pretty strong warmup, scoring a few goals along the way and producing a couple of exquisite passes which excited the crowd.

Before i knew it, the game had begun. I was sitting beside Lieke and Jana.

"Are you excited?"
Lieke asked in her Dutch accent, which i find rather easy to understand especially since at Chelsea i had a Dutch teammate, Nouwen.

"Yeah, but i'm a little nervous. The standards here are very very high"

"What about at Chelsea, were the standards high?"
Jana asked in her Spanish accent, which i can also understand easily. Jana is one of the most fluent English speakers on the team despite being one of the youngest.

"Well they were but not like this. This is a whole new level"

"In what ways?"
Both girls asked.

"Every way really. The margin for error is very slim. I mean the team here on a whole doesn't make mistakes. Yeah, the WSL is arguably a much stronger and more competitive league but that just means Barca are inane, like out of this world insane because we are able to play in the league then destroy some of the strongest sides in the WSL as if it's nothing"

"Do you want to go back to the WSL in the future?"
Jana asked.

"No, not really. I mean, i wouldn't be against going back but it's not something at the forefront of my mind, i'm in no hurry to go back. I don't have anything to go back for or anything to go back and do. If i like it here, which i do, i don't really see why i would want to leave"
This brought a smile to both girls faces.

"What about your friends in England? Don't you miss them?"

"Well, yeah, i guess. I feel like those friendships were never as strong as the ones i have made over here in the short time i have been here. I know a lot of good people, especially at Chelsea, but i find it a lot easier to talk to you guys than i do with them. I really do love them and i always will but right now i don't see myself going back"

"Didn't you get a lot of offers?"
Asked Lieke.

"Yeah, but i wasn't out of contract at Chelsea, that's why Barca had to pay a large amount, a record amount i think, to get me. Lyon and Wolfsburg wanted me, so did a few teams in the US but it was an easy decision in the end"

"Easy?"
Jana said as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah it was easy, i mean Barca are quite easily the best team in the world and i want to be apart of that. I want to win the champions league and this is the club i can do that at."

"Didn't it scare you that you were going to a different country, one that doesn't speak English?"
Lieke asked and i smiled.

"Definitely but i just had to hope some of you could speak English, and i would say i got pretty lucky. I already knew you and Caro spoke English"

Our conversation about my transfer ended as Mariona put the ball in the back of the net after an amazing ball from Aitana. Then four minutes later she scored again, this time it was Patri who got the assist.

"Impressed yet?"
Asked Jana with a smirk.

"I was impressed the moment i saw you all train, but yes, this is very impressive play"
I smiled and then continued to watch the game, intensely.

We went in 2-0 up at half time, but Jonatan wanted more. The second half began and no changes were made from us.

In the 55th minute Alexia scored a truly spectacular goal and as soon as it went in, i stood up and clapped, as it went in my jaw dropped.

"Wow"
I said just above a whisper as i sat down again after applauding the goal.

"She's good, isn't she?"

"Good!? I've never seen a player like her. The way she controls the game, the way she controls the flow and slows it down whenever needed, the way she can pick out a teammate from anywhere, the way she can create from literally nothing. She's a real team player and from what i've seen already she's a true leader on and off the pitch"

"Aw is newbie being a fan girl for la reina"
I smirked knowing that Jana didn't expect me to know what she meant, but i did, because La reina is one of the few words i understand. La reina = the queen.

"No, i am appreciating how good she is and why she is la reina"
I said and both girls looked at me shocked.

"How did you do that?"
Asked a confused Jana.

"I may not be fluent in Spanish but i know a few words here and there"

In the 65th minute both Lieke and Jana got subbed on for Ana and Caro who came and sat beside me.

"What's your thoughts on the game so far?"
Ana asked as she sat down.

"You guys are good, real good"

"Trust me, this league ain't ready to see our young star"
Caro ruffled my hair and i just chuckled.

In the 68th minute Patri got herself onto the scoresheet and Alexia got an assist. I applauded the goal as it was a very well worked goal.

And then, just as i was about to sit back down Jonatan yelled my name.

"Emily! You're going on!"
I looked at him shocked and he smiled. Both Caro and Ana gave me some words of encouragement as i took my jumper off and went down to the touch line where Jonatan was standing.

"You know the game plan, don't you?"
He asked and i simply nodded.

"Okay, it's the same as what you were told at the start of the game and at half time. Listen kid, if you have an opportunity to shoot, shoot. Okay?"

"Okay"

"Show them what you're all about"
I nodded at Jonatan and smiled.

The ball went out of play in the 71st minute and i came on for Aitana who hugged me. As i ran on i was given a huge standing ovation from the fans which warmed my heart. Even my teammates looked happy, they were all smiling at me.

Let's do this..

After ten minutes of finding my rhythm i got the opportunity i dreamt of.

The tenerife player tried to clear her lines, but her clearance fell to me, i touched the ball down perfectly and took off, sprinting down the middle of the pitch. I was too quick for most of their defenders to react so only one defender and their keeper stood between myself and the goal.

I ran to the defender and nutmegged her before fooling the keeper and rounding her, leaving me with an open net which i slotted the ball into. I heard the fans erupt and i heard my teammates cheer from behind me. I done it, i scored on my debut.

I was picked up by someone and when i turned around, i saw Mapi, she winked at me before putting me down as the rest of my teammates jumped at me.

It was Alexia who i was walking back with. The captain had one arm around me.

"That's what i call an introduction! Welcome to the team, kiddo"
She smiled at me and i smiled back, hugging her.

"Gracias Capitán"
Thank you, Captain.
I said and she grinned widely at me.

"You're a natural, soon your Spanish will be better than mine"
I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, i don't think i'll ever be quite that good, but i will try"

"That's what i like to hear"
Is the last thing she said before we separated, ready for the restart of play.

******
The game ended a little over ten minutes later. As soon as it finished i shook hands with the opposition before celebrating with my teammates who were all over the moon for me which made me so happy. Then Jonatan said he was proud of me and after that i went around the fans, taking pictures with as many as i could before i had to go for an interview which Alexia had to join me for, as she will need to be my translator for now.

"Un día muy especial para ti hoy, Emily. ¿Cómo se sintió haciendo tu debut con el Barcelona y marcando tu primer gol?"
"A very special day for you today, Emily. How did it feel making your debut for Barcelona and scoring your first goal?"

"It was a very special day and i loved every minute of it. Scoring a goal was great but getting the win today and the three points is what matters most"
"Fue un día muy especial y me encantó cada minuto. Marcar un gol fue genial, pero conseguir la victoria hoy y los tres puntos es lo que más importa"

"¿Cómo crees que se desempeñó el equipo hoy?"
"How do you think the team performed today?"

"I think we were great today. This is the start we wanted and now it's about not stopping and getting even better"
"Creo que fuimos geniales hoy. Este es el comienzo que queríamos y ahora se trata de no parar y mejorar aún más"

"Los fans parecían estar muy entusiasmados con tu debut y tu objetivo hoy. ¿Qué papel tan importante jugaron hoy?"
"The fans seemed to be very excited about your debut and your goal today. What important role did they play today?"

"The fans were incredible and they played a massive part in not only my performance but the teams as well. The fans are the most important people, they help push us over the line and i can't wait to hear them at the next game. They were amazing"
"Los aficionados fueron increíbles y jugaron un papel importante no solo en mi actuación, sino también en los equipos. Los fans son las personas más importantes, nos ayudan a superar la línea y no puedo esperar a escucharlos en el próximo partido. Fueron increíbles"

"Felicidades por tu debut y la victoria, Emily"
"Congratulations on your debut and victory, Emily"

"Gracias"
I smiled and then walked away with Alexia.

"You were amazing today"
She said.

"I tried, but i know i can get even better"

"This is exactly why you're my favourite"
She said and i smirked.

"I'm your favourite?"
I asked with a cheeky smile.

"Don't tell anyone"
She said as she pushed me into the locker room.

******
Later we were on the bus, going back to the training facilities before heading home and i sat beside Mapi.

"Did you ever come out to your parents?"
Mapi asked suddenly and i just smirked at her.

"Bold of you to assume i'm gay, León"
She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Not hard to guess, especially since we kissed three times"

"How do you know that wasn't a one time thing?"
I said as she looked hurt, but i laughed lightly as i was joking.

"Was it?"

"No, of course it wasn't. If it was it certainly wouldn't have happened again, let alone three times"
Soon her smile returned and i smiled.

"So did you come out to them?"
I shook my head.

"Nope"

"Why? What if they don't accept you?"
She asked and i smiled at her.

"I don't care if they do or don't because at the end of the day i'm not going to change if they don't accept me. They didn't seem to care about me when i was at Chelsea, so i didn't bother coming out to them. I'm pretty sure they could work it out if they used their common sense but they're really lacking that, so i'm not sure if they would be able to"
Mapi chuckled.

"That's fair enough"

As the bus journey went on i rested my head against Mapi's shoulder.

"Do you mind?"
I asked as i didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Not at all"
She smiled back and that's how i sat for the rest of the journey.

As soon as we got off the bus, i went home, posted on instagram and then went to sleep.

@emily

Dreams do come true😍
So happy to have made my debut and score my first goal. Fans were amazing!
More importantly we got the three points and we go again next week!
Vamos❤️💙

patri8guijarro - good goal🔥
^you too👏👀

leilaouahabi - No one's ready👀 You're insane!
^🥰So are you, you're our insane fullback💪😉

ana_crnogorcevic - Baller⚽️
^all you!

graham95 - our secret weapon👀❤️
^got nothing on you, Caro❤️🤷🏼‍♀️

aitana.bonmati - the first of many❤️‍🔥
^cheers to that!

marialeonn16 - ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥superstar
^rock at the back😍

marialeonn16 - 😍😍many more to come
^All of them with you please😅

janafernandez3 - let's goooo
^Janaaa🪄🪄

fridolinarolfo - she scores when she wants...
^Bangers only!

jennihermoso - 💪💪
^Jeniiiii

liekemartens - wonder kid scoring wonder goals!
^Dutch baller😅✨

alexiaputellas - my little sis, killing it already❤️
^la reina🥰🥰

fcbfemeni - more to come!
^❤️💙let's go team!

@fcbfemeni

@emily made her debut today and scored her first goal for the club! Let's go Emily!

emily - Força Barça

emily - Equipo❤️💙
Team

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 9K 51
Alana Foden, and her sister Gabby, transfer to Barcelona and somehow before she's even arrived in the city, an enemy has already been made, after a c...
168K 2K 31
Sophie Roberts. Arsenal Through and Through. 20 Years old. Arsenal Forward. Lioness. Sophie Roberts, hasn't had the best upbringing. Her parents kick...
180K 5.8K 38
For the Bronze-Walsh family, life seems perfect But will it stay like that for much longer? Follow Rosie, Lucy and Keira's journey as they continue t...
8.8K 174 15
when a unknown, talented footballer moves to england, what will happen to her career? where will she go? who will she meet? running away from her pa...