hearts & abilities enoch o'co...

By wandazdead

COMPLETED: when jake and his sister enter a whole new world and time seems to run out what happens when promi... More

before we get started
-1-
-2-
-3-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-

-4-

2.2K 32 1
By wandazdead

"So what are your names?"

The four of them were walking in a line, Y/n stood next to jake who stood with the two boys the other side of him.

The one in a yellow body warmer pointed to himself "I'm Worm" he then pointed to his friend "This is MC dirty D"

The other boy who was wearing a black raincoat shook his head "MC dirty Bizniz"

The one in yellow looked up at him as they all kept walking "I thought you changed it"

He shook his head "Nope"

"No, you did, remember? When Ruth said "MC dirty Bizniz" made it sound like you cacked your trousers"

"Yea, but she said "Dirty D" sounded like a personal hygiene problem"

Jake looked at Y/n but turned to look back at the boys when she gave him a shrug "Wait. Are these, like Nicknames or..."

The one in the raincoat looked at Jake seriously "Stage names. We're the sickest rappers in Wales. Go on Worm, show this Yank and girl how it's done"

"What? Now?"

The one in the black raincoat started to beat box as they continued walking. The one in the yellow body warmer started to rap.

"Like to get wrecked down the Priest Hole. Your dad's always here 'cause he's at the dole. Our rhymes are tight Yet I make it look easy. Our beats are hot like chicken jalfrezi"

The boy stopped beat boxing and the other stopped rapping.

Both jake and y/n just looked at them blankly, before y/n started nodding "Oh, yea...no, it's good...so good"

The four of them walked for a little longer until Worm spoke up again with a straight face "Should we take the shortcut, D?"

"We'll get there quicker, take it from me"

They came to a stop infront of a small ledge and Jake pointed "What, down there?"

"Mmm-hmm"

Jake looked at Y/n and nodded "I'll go first, just stay behind me" she nodded at him and followed him down onto the marsh area.

Whilst jake kept walking, y/n stopped and looked back to see Worm wink at D, she sighed as she reached forward and grabbed jake pulling him back muttering a quick "Wait a minute"

They both carefully crossed over a small stream, walking over a log. When they both looked back, the boys were pointing ahead again.

"This way?"

They eagerly nodded at Jake's question, so they kept going. Jake was infront of y/n the whole time and when he took another step, his whole bottom half of his left leg fell into a whole full of mud.

Y/n shook her head sighing as she heard the two boys laughing behind them. She pulled her brother up and turned to look at them with a glare.

Jake followed her sight and shook his head "Is this even the way to the children's home?"

The one in the black raincoat pointed forward and over the twins's heads "Right through those trees"

As the twins turned to keep walking, y/n flipped the boys off and watched them leave the pathway to head back to the pub.

Both Jake and Y/n made it across the small marsh area and through the trees the boys from before were on about. But what they saw made them both feel a pit start to form at the bottom of their stomaches : the house was in a complete state of almost ruins.

They sighed as they both made their way back to the pub, careful to watch their step whilst walking across the marsh. And only then did theh realise Jake was missing a shoe. But they ignored it and re-entered the pub.

The guy in the wheelchair from before turned to them and laughed "No use crying over a lost shoe boy-o" jake and y/n each took a seat at the empty table beside him.

Jake looked down "The children's home, what happened to it?"

"A German air raid, a bomb fell right on the roof. September the 3rd, 1943"

Y/n shook her head as she slightly recognised the date "Where did they go after? The headmistress and the children?"

"Not one survivor, poor little buggers. And they were lovely too"

Later that evening, Jake and y/n sat at their own beds whilst their father sat at the desk in the room on his laptop with a beer.

"Why didn't he tell us that they all died?"

Y/n put her bookmark back in her book to mark the page and put her book down, ready to hear her father's excuse.

"He leaves to join the army, and 3 months later, everyone he knows gets killed not even grandpa could turn that into a bedtime story"

Y/n shook her head at her father's words "Well no wonder he was scared of being a dad...being close to anyone"

Franklin turned around in his chair to look at both his kids "Listen. You need to talk about all this with someone guys. We should call Dr. Golan" he turned back around to focus on his laptop.

...

The next morning, Franklin sat in the pub with a plate of food and a coffee.

Man (over tv) : "Certainly some enjoyment today"

Jake and Y/n sat next to eachother on their chairs and looked at their father. Y/n nodded "Dad, do you kind If me and Jake go hang out with those other kids today? They asked us yesterday"

"Yea. That's awesome" Franklin ate a chip and aimed all of his attention back towards the tv.

The twins left the pub and walked straight in the direction they did yesterday, they walked closer to the destroyed house. Y/n followed close behind Jake as he entered the home.

"Jake...don't you think this is a little disrespectful...you know to the children and Miss Peregrine?"

"Y/n, we're doing this to find out why grandpa told us those things before he...died"

"Yea, I know but it just doesn't feel right. I don't think we should be here"

As they walked into what used to be the dining room, Jake picked up a photo and wiped all the dust off the frame. It was a photograph of all the children. Y/n took it from his grasp and gently sat it down on the table as they continued to make their way through the house.

They heard the ticking of a clock, Jake walked past it but Y/n stopped as she bent down to have a look at it. The clock read exactly September 3rd 1943, at 9:08am. She ignored the weird feeling and followed up the stairs after Jake.

They walked into one room which caught Y/n's eye, not in a disrespectful way. She just thought it looked really cool, the way there were jars of organs on shelves and a desk with what looked like dry clay as well as tools.

When the two left the room, they both gasped when they saw a girl standing at the end of the hallway.

"Abe?"

They both started running, they ran down the stairs after eachother and back through the house. But when they came to the bottom of the stairs and looked at the doorway they saw a ginger girl and a little blonde girl peak around the doors. They looked up at the sound of loud footsteps from above them.

"Jake! We need to go. Now!"

They both turned around again and saw two masked kids peaking around a doorway, but they quickly pulled away and disappeared.

"Jake!"

The boy grabbed his sister's hand as they ran through the dining room and outside, but they tripped. Jake knocked himself out and Y/n grabbed her head wincing at the pain "Ow!" But everything went dark as she fell backwards.

Everything started to come back to sight for the twins. But when they opened their eyes, all they could see was grass and a small pair of feet. The feet had small, pretty white shoes on and the girl was wearing white tights.

The ringing in the pairs ears had just about stopped when they were thrown to the floor. When they properly stood up and looked around, they noticed a line of children standing infront of them at an entrance to a cave.

Jake pointed at a girl in a light blue dress who was wearing lead shoes "You're Emma"

Y/n then pointed to the small twins wearing matching clothes and masks "And you're the" she paused for a moment as she rubbed her temple "Twins?" She then turned to look at the red head who was wearing a floral dress with black gloves "And I'm guessing you're Olive"

Jake gestured to a small girl with frizzy brown hair, who was wearing a cute little dress "You're Bronwyn" he then gestured to a boy who was wearing a suit and a hat, except you couldn't see his face or his hands "You're Millard"

The boy tipped his hat as he let out an agreeing hum.

Y/n shook her head as she took a step back "No, you're all supposed to be dead"

Jake nodded along with his sister "You're all dead" he gestured to Millard again "He...he's invisible but you're all dead"

Millard shook his head making his hat move "None of us are dead"

Jake groaned "Oh my god are we dead?"

Emma shook her head "No"

Y/n tilted her head at the blonde girl "You...you called my brother Abe in the house. Why?"

"He looked like him, just for a moment. Before you both started screaming, running away and concusing yourselves"

Jake shook his head "Wait, what's happening?"

Olive walked closer to the twins as Emma started to talk again "We're waiting until the coast is clear before we go into the loop"

The red head set her hands on both Jake's and Y/n's shoulder "You never know who might be watching"

Y/n shook her head as Olive led her and her brother towards the cave entrance after the others "Wait. Before we...before we go into what?"

Emma nodded "Please Jake, Y/n. Miss Peregrine's waiting, she saw you on the ferry. She sent us to get you both"

The eight of them walked into the cave and both Jake and Y/n looked at eachother as they both started to feel a little warmer.

They both heard indistinct chattering and ticking, but it all stopped as they looked at the other six.

Both Jake and Y/n instantly made a run for it, exiting the cave and running back towards the village. More specifically, the pub.

They ran into the pub and went to go upstairs but stopped when someone shouted for them. Turning around to see everyone in the pub had turned to look at them.

The man behind the pub sneered as he stared at the twins "Where do you think you're going?"

Jake tapped he bannister "To our room...we're guests here"

"Does this look like a hotel to you?"

Jake fumbled around in his back pocket at the barman made his way to the bottom of the stairs, keeping his eyes on the pair.

"We've got a key. Talk to the manager, he'll tell you" jake held the key out and the barman snatched it "I am the manager"

An old woman who sat at a table looked them up and down "They're American. Maybe he's army?"

A man leaning against a pillar with his hands in his pockets stepped forward "Bollocks, listen to his accent, it's terrible and she hasn't spoken a word since they stormed in" the man stepped closer as everyone gathered round behind him "They're spies"

Jake shook his head, grabbing onto Y/n's hand "What? No we're not, we're tourists"

The barman grabbed his collar and the other man grabbed hold of Y/n's wrist.

"I say we should get the truth out of him the old fashion way" the barman turned to look at Y/n "And keep her here! She could find work"

Glass started to shatter making everyone turn around to look around the room. Plates were flying in all sorts of directions.

Both Jake and Y/n stood there on the stairs watching all of the commotion, but were pulled away by Olive who was taking off a glove "Come on!"

As they left the pub, they turned around to see Olive set the door frame on fire just by touching it. But they both looked up at the sound of planes.

Emma : "Jake, Y/n, get on!"

The pair listened and jumped onto the back of the cart as Emma made the horse start to move. They rounded the corner on the cart and started on the staright pathway.

Jake shook his head in disbelief "I can't believe you're real. You're all reall"

Emma shook her head as she kept her eyes ahead of them "We have been trying to tell you"

Jake leaned forward "But I'm special too"

"What?"

Y/n shook her head and looked at the bottom of the cart as they kept moving, knowing her brother was wrong about him being special.

"In the pub...all of you saw right? Everything was flying and breaking. And that was me! I was doing it with my mind"

Y/n looked up "No, Jake that wasn't you"

Millard : "No, that was me"

Y/n muttered a "Told you so" and received a glare from Jake.

Jake looked at an empty seat next to Olive "Millard?"

"Yeah"

Jake nodded at his sister before looking back at where Millard was sitting "Are you naked?"

"Yes"

Emma kept her eyes on the road but handed back a pile of neatly folded clothes to Olive who handed them to Millard.

Y/n looked between the other four "I don't...we were told a bomb was dropped on you in 1943"

Olive nodded with a kind smile "It is 1943 Y/n"

Millard groaned as he pulled his sweater vest over his head "September the 3rd, 1943"

Emma nodded along "All day, every day. It's our loop"

Everyone sat in silence on the cart for the rest of the journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 1.5K 18
Olivia Elephanta, twin sister to Olive Elephanta, always feels left out. Her peculiar sister who could light things up with the touch of her fingers...
218K 5.5K 37
COMPLETED AND UNDER EDITING Aspen Holloway has been through a lot. Four loops and four hundred years, and she was tired of running. The wights and h...
44.3K 803 17
Y/N and Alex Cooper were never normal twin sisters. They were different than most people, and those people are what we call normals. Their dad had...
38.5K 601 14
(Y/N) was hidden away all her life, her parents trying to keep her safe from the outside world, they succeeded her whole life until she was 16, runni...