𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺 (...

Bởi Themanofculture

In the beginning, things were Balanced, as all things should be. However, for reasons unknown, the embodiment... Xem Thêm

BIO
Prologue- A witches gift
1.0- From Zero
1.1- Bowel Hunter
1.2- Breakdown of the cycle
2.0- The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family
2.1- The Sound Of Chains
2.2- REstart
2.3- The Meaning of Courage
2.4- Rem
3.0- Return to the Capital
3.1- The Self Proclaimed Knight
3.2- The Crimson Sea
3.3- The Sickness Called Despair
3.4- The Outside of Madness
3.5- The Greed of a Pig
3.6- Restart Commence: From Zero
3.7- A Mothers Love
3.8- Battle Against the White Whale
3.9- A Flash of Sloth
3.10- Nefarious Sloth
3.11- The Traveller, Self-Proclaimed Knight & Greatest Knight
4.0- A Chance Encounter With the Witch
4.1- A Tea Party With the Witch
4.2- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I
4.3- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt II
4.4- The HSIℲ˥ƎS Wielder of Flames: Prt III
A Valentines "Short"
Q
A
4.5- Who am I?
4.6- Childhood's End
Another Q
Another A

2.4.1- Memory Snow

2.7K 97 448
Bởi Themanofculture

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid

Element(s): Arcane/???/???

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(A/N): Fun fact, it was Petra's Birthday on the 14th lmao.

Also, before you read this chapter, Stapp and go get a laptop or PC and read from there (if you aren't already) unless you have another way to listen to OST's on the mobile version while reading at the same time.

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Subaru: Itto wasu a fearsum battleu. We were curseded by unown foso. Experienced insvainsions by herd of Wolgarmu. Engagedu ina mortalu Kombatto wiz boss garmu. Den, well-deservedo halcyon dayz had come. Za threet of monstrust beast Wolgarm haz gone! And za billage was saved fo goodo. Butto... I amu yet on a mission! A shecret mission zat I habu to execute wizout beingu noticed by anywun!!

(Y/N): (ㆆ_ㆆ)????

Quinella: Your English is terrible, stick to Japanese, please.

Subaru: OOF-

(Y/N): So you're going to scout for date locations while speaking broken English to everyone? Yeah, good luck with that...

Subaru: Urusaiii!!! I was having a moment!!

(Y/N): Have your moment while speaking Japanese.

Subaru: Hey, at least I made an effort!! Can you even speak English?!

(Y/N): *In perfect English with no accent* You're a dense fuck who doesn't know when a girl has a crush on you.

Subaru just stared at me blankly, he had no idea what I said, I shook my head and sighed while walking forward.

Subaru: H-Hey!!! Wait, you can actually speak English?! Who the hell taught you?!

(Y/N): Nella...

Subaru: Shit! Teach me too, Nella-sensei!!!

Quinella: Dame.

——————————————

——————————————

We set foot in the village, and the kids instantly recognised us. As expected.

Petra: Subaru!! (Y/N)!!

——————————————

He walked past them, hoping they wouldn't notice... Long story short, he failed.

"Nee Nee, (Y/N)-nii, what's Subaru doing?"

"Subaru! Why are you dressed like that?"

They all jumped him.

Subaru: ARGHH!!! So much for top secret!!! I was recognised three seconds into my mission!!

"What's a 'mission'?"

"What's 'top secret'?"

"I peed my pants!!!"

What dafaq?

Subaru: Ahh!!! We're busy, go away!! And don't you dare butt in during the actual date!

Petra: D-Date? What's a "date"?

Subaru: A date is a secret fun time of pleasurable embarrassment for two people who love each other!!

Petra was visibly upset, she puffed her cheeks and deadpanned.

"What's 'pleasurable embarrassment!!?'"

"We know a secret too, y'know!"

"That way, that way!!"

Subaru: Waiiit!! C'mon, say something to them, Petra!!

Petra: Hmph...

She turned her head away to the side.

Subaru: Ehh? Why are you making that face?! U-Uhh... (Y/N)?? A little help??

(Y/N): *In English* You're on your own you dense fuck....

Subaru: Speak Japaneseee!!!!! I dontu underrstanduu!!!

"Subaru, (Y/N)-nii! Why're you speaking gibberish!!"

"Is it a secret code?!

"Follow us, us, this way!"

The kids ended up dragging Subaru and I placed my hand on Petra's head while she was still pouting.

(Y/N): Ehh, I don't take it personally, he's just really dense.

Petra looked up at me and then had a mischievous smile on her face, she took my hand and then pulled me along after Subaru and the other kids.

(Y/N): E-Eh?

——————————————

"This is our secret place!!"

They took us to a flower field, and Subaru tried speaking English again.

Subaru: Itsu Wundafol!

Despite his shitty English, I have to admit that this place was quite beautiful.

Timeskip

The next day, I noticed the temperature had dropped slightly... It was so warm yesterday, I wonder what's going on...

It took several attempts because every door I tried all lead to Beatrice's library, but I eventually made it to the bathroom and did everything one does in the morning. Of course, when I tried to return to my room I ended up in the library again.

(Y/N): Do you do this on purpose??

Beatrice: What are you talking about, I suppose.

(Y/N): Every time I choose a door, I end up in this place! Why do you keep choosing the doors I'm going to walk through?!

Beatrice: Huh?! Why do you keep on choosing the right doors, In fact?

(Y/N):..... Something's wrong, I can feel it...

Beatrice: If you're not going to stay quiet and read then leave, I suppose, you're annoying me.

(Y/N): Bruh, I'm not even gonna bother, I'm going to leave now, so don't change the door-

Beatrice: Hmph...

I close the door and wait a few seconds. Then I reopen the door to find that it's changed. But actually, the room that I find myself in contains Ram and Subaru. And Ram... Looked quite ticked off.

She kneeled, wiped her finger along the ground and then inspected her finger while speaking monotonously

Ram: Look at all the dust you missed. Do it over. You really are useless, Barusu.

Subaru: How long are you gonna hold a grudge over being dragged out of bed?

(Y/N): Ohh... It get the gist now...

Subaru: Oh? Didn't see you there, morning.

(Y/N): Morning, Ram... Or well... Guess it ain't so "good".

Ram: No, it is not.

I relate to her, being woken up so early in the morning is the worst, I don't know why I ever thought being a mercenary for the Prime minister was ever a good idea.

Quinella: <If it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have met those people from the other side.>

Yeah... I guess.... But even then it's like, Youji and I was the only ones who found everything so... Tedious. Whatever...

Subaru: C'mon, stop being mad already- Hmmm... Hey, Ram... There's a secret door built into the floor. Do you know what's in there?

Ram: I do not.

Subaru kneeled and opened some hatch on the floor.

Ram: Don't do it, Barusu. What if a swarm of bugs flies out the moment you open it? Wait until I've gone outside and locked the door.

Subaru: Why would you lock the door? Also, too late.

There were just bottles...

(Y/N): There's quite a lot in here.....

Subaru: Is it all alcohol?

Ram: Come to think of it. I heard Roswaal-sama's grandmother was a heavy drinker. I bet they've been here since her time...

Grandma?.... Since he possesses his descendants, wouldn't that just be his Ex-wife or something?.... Errrrrr... Imma just not thinking about it

Subaru: Ros-chi's grandma?? I can't even picture that. But if all this is from that long ago, they must be worth a lot by now, right?

Ram: No matter how much you may struggle to get by from day to day, you mustn't drink them without permission, Barusu.

Subaru: I'm not gonna drink them....

Quinella: <(Y/N)-kun, steal some for me, would you?>

(Y/N): *NO!!!! Not after what happened with you and Rory! Just no!!! Nuh uh!! Fuck NOO!!!*

Emilia: Ah, (Y/N), Subaru, Ram.

We turned our heads and saw Emilia at the door I must say I love the hairdo.

Emilia: I wondered what all the rummaging noises were. So it was you three.

Subaru: Emilia-taannnn!

Emilia: What are you all doing in here?

Ram: I was warning Barusu that no matter how painful life is, he mustn't run away to alcohol.

Emilia: E-Eh? Really? Subaru, if you were suffering that much, you should have said so.

(Y/N): B r U h.

Subaru: I'm not!!!! I won't drink it, and I won't run away!!! I'm not even twenty yet, so I'm too young to drink anyway! I can't even peep at adult websites without a guardian's supervision!

(Y/N): If you're going to use an adult website at any age, why would you want to be supervised?! That's nasty!

Emilia: I don't know what "adult websites" are, but in Lugunica, it's legal to drink alcohol as long as you're fifteen or older.

Subaru: Really?

(Y/N): Well that's dumb 👁👄👁

Emilia: And as for these "adult websites"... If either of you wants to go and look at some, I'd be glad to act as your guardians and look with you.

Subaru: Uhhh-

(Y/N): 🗿🤦‍♂️

Quinella: <Heh, that child wouldn't be ready to see what's on "adult websites" in even a century~>

Even though I couldn't see her face, I could still visualise the smug smile Nella was giving me.

Subaru: By the way, Emilia-tan, do you like to drink? You'd look cute all drunk and sexy, too!!

(Y/N)/Ram: (ㆆ_ㆆ)

Emilia: Sorry... I'm not quite sure what you're saying. But I've never had any alcohol before.

(Y/N)/Ram: ( •_•)

Subaru: Too bad! If we could drink, our date tomorrow could be an adult date!!

I don't wanna know what's going through his mind....

Emilia: Oh, right... Tomorrow is our date...

Subaru: That's right!!! It's finally tomorrow!! I can't wait! I'll get up early and pack lunch for us, okay?

Emilia: R-Really? I'll look forward to that.

Subaru: I hope it'll be warm and sunny tomorrow!

Emilia: UH-

(Y/N)/Ram:....(•_•)

Subaru: Speaking of, aren't you cold in that outfit?

Emilia: E-eh? N-NO, I'm not cold at all! In fact, I'm kind of hot! It's really toasty in here!!

(Y/N): HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... I dunno girl, you actin kinda sus...

Emilia: Well... Ihavethingstodo! Thingsthatcameupreallysuddenly! Bye!

She then ran off somewhere....

Ram: Hah~ Those things she needs to do are trivial matters that aren't even worth mentioning. That means you mean less than such trivial matters, Barusu.

She said that with such a smug smile on her face.

Subaru: No way!! It's more like, she's so excited for our date that her head's in the clou—

(Y/N):

Timeskip

Night eventually fell... And when I woke up... I realised that there was frost all over my room....

It was strange... But I shrugged it off... I spent most of the day watching Subaru and Rem do house chores.. My phone was at 100% after I charged it with Lightning magic... Had to be real careful there...

So I was just going through some photos while sitting on the ceiling, I was partially listening to the conversation down below.

Rem: So your date with Emilia-sama has been cancelled?

Subaru: Not cancelled, just postponed, this nasty cold would ruin our date, anyway.

Actually, If I recall correctly, I remember Emilia going something like-

Flashback

Flashback End

Subaru: It kinda bugs me how she looked just a little bit relieved 👁_👁💧

Rem: I think it was a wise decision. If you were stranded in terrible weather and the worse happened...

Subaru: Stranded? We're not up on some snowy mountain... WAIT, MOUNTAIN?! IS THAT WHAT THIS IS?!

Rem: What what is?

Subaru: WE GET TRAPPED IN A BLIZZARD DURING OUR DATE AND TAKE SHELTER IN A MOUNTAIN HUT, WHERE WE KEEP EACH OTHER WARM WITH OUR BODY HEAT!!! What a pleasurably embarrassing heart-pounding situation!!

Subaru was busy hugging himself and I looked up... Or technically down, with a deadpan expression.

Rem: Wakatta!! You can count on me to keep you warm!

Subaru: You've got the characters in this story mixed up!

After that, I wasn't paying much attention to what they were saying... I was trying to force my body to adapt to something...

As well as magic, the bodies of Dragonoids are highly adaptive... Changes can be brought about so rapidly that it seems like evolution happened right then and there...

If I'm remembering what Nella told me before correctly, when it comes to breathing fire, my race can usually only produce one or two types of flames by using chemicals in their bodies. However, due to the fact that I continued to try and create many different flames with many other chemicals, I was able to produce several types of flame. In this way, I guess I'm like a Dramillion.

I haven't always had the ability to stick to walls. Over time, my body just changed to accommodate me because I had been to several worlds where climbing was something I did very often. It took several months, but I was soon able to stick to walls at will. And when I started to study Biology, I found out why.

Long story short, my body became covered in microscopic hairs called setae, and just like the animal from Earth, the Gecko, Each seta splits off into hundreds of even smaller bristles called spatulae. The tufts of tiny hairs get so close to the contours in walls and ceilings that the van der Waals force kicks in. The rest is quite long to explain but it involves some electromagnetism.

But what I was more focused on, was the itchy feeling that was coming from my wrists, I've been feeling it a lot the past couple of months and tried to ignore it... I also noticed that the foods I craved were foods high in protein.

I know my body is going through more changes... But I'm not sure what exactly...

Timeskip

Okayyy..... Something is definitely going on here....

When I woke up this morning, not just frost, there was actual snow and ice around my room...

I breathe in and let out green gas. Once the gas had spread out to the icy corners of my room, I created sparks that made a small room-sized explosion.

It was enough to melt away the ice but weak enough to not destroy my whole room.

——————————————

In the kitchen, Rem poured tea for Subaru who was wrapped in cloaks and shivering like there's no tomorrow.

And Rem had changed to her winter maid outfit.

Rem: I'm sorry! I should have come to warm you up, but I couldn't leave Nee-sama...

Subaru: W-W-Were you keeping each other warm? J-J-J-Just imagining it is bringing m-my body temperature by about three degrees...

(Y/N): Damm... Must suck...

Subaru: W-W-W-Why aren't y-you cold?! Y-You're just wearing your c-casual clothes...!

(Y/N): Hmmm... Well, to me... I'd say the temperature is just slightly below warm... My core body temperature is anywhere from about 194-212 Fahrenheit, so though it is mildly chilly, I don't really feel cold... And these clothes are actually just my scales, I use magic to change certain aspects of it depending on the outside conditions. Right now, the inner layer has some clothing material best suited for keeping in the heat.

Subaru: L-Lucky Bastard....

(Y/N): Well... Even if I wasn't able to do all that... I really like cold temperatures... It makes me feel nostalgic...

Subaru: H-how come? Did y-y-you use to play around the snow a lot as a ch-child or something?

(Y/N): I don't remember my childhood. And as far back as I remember, there was never actually any snow in the places I went with my friend... I don't know why I like the cold...

Roswaal🤡: Oyaaa, Oyaaaaaaaaaaa, Subaru-kuuuuuuun! You don't seem well. Whatever is the matter?

The clown just walked into the kitchen outta nowhere.

Subaru: What do you think?! It's freaking cold!!! This goes beyond climate extremes!!

Roswaal🤡: Yare Yare, how faiiiiint-hearted of you. If you keep your mind and body in optimal condition, you can remain calm no matter how cold—

Subaru: That's not very convincing coming from someone dressed as warmly as you are! I could develop murderous intentions at this rate!!

Rem took out a handkerchief and held it at Subaru's nose just as he blew it. Seriously, what is up with the weather in this world?

Roswaal🤡: Hmmm. Yes, we may indeed be reaching our liiiiiimit.

(Y/N): The way you said that makes it sound as though you know what's going on...

Subaru: If it's the Winter Shogun causing this, let's go beat him!! Like as soon as possible! Please, Sensei!

(Y/N): HmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM.

We'll just pretend he didn't make that reference.

Roswaal🤡: Subaru-kun, do you not handle the cold well?

Subaru: I complain when it's cold in winter. When it's hot in summer. When I'm sleepy in spring. And when matsutake mushrooms are expensive in fall. I'm just an ordinary person.

Roswaal🤡: Are you curious about what's happening outside?

Subaru: Well, yeah. If it's snowing, I'm worried about the village fields and how they'll clear it all away.

Roswaal🤡: You and (Y/N)-kun are indeed quite friendly with the villagers, eeeeespecially the childreeeen.

(Y/N): Eh...

Subaru: I don't like kids. They're too selfish and impulsive for me.

(Y/N): Didn't they show you that flower field? Don't recall you thanking them~

Subaru: 🗿

Roswaal🤡: Hai, Hai. I believe that's what you would call a "Tsuuundereeeee."

Subaru: AHHHHHH My nose is KILLING me!!! Ahhh, this sucks!!!

Rem: Don't worry!! Allow me to take care of all your sniffles!!

Dam... Who knew there was this side to Rem... She's adorable...

Roswaal🤡: Well, rest eaaasyyy. This chill is only occuuuring around this mansion.

(Y/N): Hmmm

Subaru: How the hell does that even happen?!

Roswaal🤡: We have two here who work hard to ensure that this cold doesn't spread beyond here.

Subaru: Two?

Rem: It isn't me or Nee-sama...

They both then looked at me.

(Y/N): Ain't me, and Nella sleeps most of the time, absorbing mana while in her sword form, she most likely wouldn't be able to keep this up for as long as this cold has been going on...

Subaru: Well that pretty much narrows it down, doesn't it?

Roswaal🤡: And it would seem that I don't need to explain what's causing this cold.

He pointed upwards, I think I know where this is going....

——————————————

We all stood outside Emilia's door.

Roswaal🤡: Emilia-sama, forgive me for disturbing you so early. Do youuu have a moment?

We heard Emilia's panicked voice from inside.

Emilia: R-Roswaal?!.... Um, um... Wait just a minute! Just a minute, okay?!

(Y/N): b R u H.

Roswaal🤡: Suuuuubaru-kuuun.

Subaru reached for the handle but immediately pulled his hand away.

Subaru: That's freezing!!!! What the hell?! Are you okay in there, Emilia-tan?!

Emilia: EH? What?! Subaru's there, too?!

Subaru: Yes, I am, but we have bigger issue's here!! Don't you have anything to say?!

Emilia: Something to say... Something to say... Uhh... Ohayogozaimasu!!!

(Y/N): 👁 👄 👁

Subaru: Yes, yes. That's a good, polite greeting. Wait no!!!!! Forget it!! I'm opening the door!! If you're in the middle of changing, THANK YOU!!

Emilia: Don't you mean Sorry?!

(Y/N): (*  ̄︿ ̄)

Subaru opened the door... And inside, we saw that literally everything had been covered in ice and snow... It was worse in here than anywhere else in the mansion, tfff? And to top it all off, there was a very strong cold breeze blowing out of it.

Subaru: I-It's fucking freezing!! What the actual hell?! What's going on here?!

Emilia: Y-You shouldn't come into someone's room before they say you can! It's rude!! Yeah! R-Really rude!!

Emilia was stood in front of her bed with her arms out, covering whatever was the source of all that freezing wind.

Emilia: You know... I mean... You know.... Start over!!!

(Y/N): So says Emilia... What does the owner of the mansion have to say?

Roswaal🤡: I grant you all permission to enter.

Emilia: R-Roswaal!!!??

Subaru and I walk closer to Emilia and she holds her hands out in front of us.

Subaru: So?! What's the cause of all this cold?!

Emilia: Cause? What do you mean, "cause"? It's not... I mean... It is, but... I don't know!!

(Y/N): HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Subaru: I must agree....

Puck: It's okay, Lia. It looks like there's no hiding it any longer, anyway.

Emilia: Mouu, Puck, you're no help!! I was so close to convincing them!!

(Y/N)/Subaru:

(Y/N): You weren't gonna convince anyone Ojou-sama...

Emilia: Eh?

We looked on Emilia's bed and saw Puck all wrapped up in tiny covers.

Puck: Mmmmmm, Sorry for causing so much trouble... Don't be angry with Lia or Betty, okay? They're both just looking out for me.

——————————————

Subaru: Magic release period? What's a magic release period? Like, your mating season?

Puck: I'm not an animal. I don't have a mating season, how rude.

(Y/N): He says while licking his arms and rubbing his head, not helping to convince us of his claim. Anyway, I didn't expect this to be the case ;-;

Subaru: You know what it is?

(Y/N): It's a phenomenon occurring in beings with very powerful magic... I'm pretty sure it works differently from where I'm from though...

Rem: A magic release period should be the same no matter where one is as long as one's magic strength is high enough. The strength of one's magic is affected by the nature of their od, which makes it highly restrictive.

Subaru: Od? Is that something different from magic and gates and all that?

Ram: You don't even know what od is? I question your common sense. You're as superficial and thoughtless as they come, Barusu.

Subaru: You're even more sharp-tongued than usual...

(Y/N): I think it's pretty obvious that she's weak to the cold.

I say while leaning my head onto my fist at the side.

Ram: Strong and weak points are purely a matter of subjectivity. I don't look at the world from such a narrow perspective. Don't say things just to suit yourself, Bakka. Die.

(Y/N): I've dealt with people with a much sharper tongue than you, you'll have to try harder to get me to feel anything...

Beatrice: We'll get nowhere if we leave you two to explain this, I suppose. It can't be helped, I'll explain it myself. Od is a vessel for magic. It's a container for storing mana taken in through a gate, I suppose.

Subaru: I see. A container for storing mana. Please, continue~

Beatrice: The way you said that irritates me, in fact. Anyway, the stronger one's od is, the more magic one can use, I suppose. But all containers have a limit to how much they can hold.

Roswaal🤡: And when one's od reaches its limit, magic spills out of it. So it becomes necessary to release some before that happens.

The way life forms in this world evolved to use magic is very inferior to everything I know about the way Elves and Dragonoids evolved on Giltoria... No matter how powerful one may be, the body stops generating mana once it's reached the full amount the body can handle. A magic release period only needs to happen to people who produce mana to an abnormal amount, not stopping once it has reached the body's full capacity. If it isn't released regularly, all sorts of things could happen... Or at least, that's what I was taught by both Nella and Stacia...

Subaru: Expelling what's in your belly before it explodes, huh?... So it's like being constipated?

Beatrice, who was drinking tea, suddenly spat it all out after Subaru said that.

Beatrice: CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY, I SUPPOSE!

Subaru: So basically, Puck venting some of his excess mana is the cause of all this cold...

Emilia: Yes, that's right... I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

Subaru: That's a messed-up way to relieve constipation. Does this happen regularly?

Puck: Twice a year or so... When I lived in the forest with Lia, I was able to release it whenever, but since I came here, I've had to tone it down, so I guess this is the backlash from that. Tee-hee-hee~

Subaru: "Tee-hee-hee" te nandayou?! I won't complain if releasing your mana is something you need to do, but why did the effects intensify so drastically in just three days?

Puck: At first, I just did it a little at a time. But I had more mana stored up than usual, and no one said anything when it got cold, so I thought- "Hey, maybe I can get away with a little more. Yes! I definitely can! They're more simple-minded than I thought!!" And here we are.

(Y/N): Who you calling simple-minded 🗿

Subaru: You did a sloppy job of it!!

Puck: Ahahahahaha....

Beatrice: For a spirit as powerful as Bubby, the magic release period is something he can never get rid of. Out of consideration for how cute and fluffy he is, you all need to stop making a big deal of... *Sniff*

(Y/N): Heh, so even the "Great Beatrice of the Library" can catch cold~

Beatrice: Shutup!!

(Y/N): *Hmm, Nella, what would happen if you had a magic release period?*

Quinella: <The chances of me having a magic release period is next to zero as I draw mana from you and the atmosphere, but I never take in more than I can handle... If anything, taking in the mana of everyone in this mansion wouldn't be enough to make me "full". The reason I have to sleep so often is that although I can drain mana from the atmosphere, I cannot control where it is coming from. If I was to suddenly take in as much mana as needed to keep myself corporeal and use my magic at full potential 24/7. Everyone in this mansion would die, so I take in mana at an extremely slow rate, enough to keep myself corporeal and to keep everyone else alive, but not enough to use magic at my leisure. If I were to have a magic release period, you could expect electrical storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, fire whirls, earthquakes, snowstorms, spacetime distortions... Would you like me to continue?>

(Y/N): *Yeaaaahhhh, Nooo thanks, you really love hearing the sound of your own voice? Couldn't you summarise that?*

Quinella: <I believe when it comes to information, every detail has importance.>

(Y/N): *Summarising everything doesn't mean leaving out details, Just use other words that mean the same thing to make it shorter, otherwise the stuff you say might go over someone's head.*

She didn't say anything after that.

Subaru: Also, since you thought you'd be in trouble if you were caught, I bet you were trying to put up a barrier to close in the cold, right? Be honest.

She didn't say anything and just blew her nose. It's probably true.

Subaru: She blew her nose.....

Beatrice: I have no idea what you're talking about, in fact.

Emilia:... Um... Both Puck and I really feel bad for letting this happen. But Puck's magic release period should be over soon. Right, Puck?

Puck: Yeah, if you let me keep going at this pace for about two more days, that should be plenty.

(Y/N): If you keep going at this pace, Subar and Ram will actually just die...

Subaru: Right? Also, Emilia-tan, aren't you cold in those light clothes? I wanna see you in winter clothes!

Emilia: Well, you know I have a contract with Puck, right? So I can adjust the influence Puck's magic has on me... Which means... This much cold... Yeah. It doesn't bother me...

Subaru:... Don't you feel bad for putting your daughter through all this? Let's try to think of another way. *GASP*

Subaru suddenly sits up from his chair, all eyes were now on him.

Subaru: Of course!! There's no need for the rest of us to stay in the mansion!! Beako is keeping the cold contained with her barrier, so if we just stay outside the mansion while that's going on...

Rem: Sasuga Subaru-kun! You have my respect!!

(Y/N): I'm good, the cold never bothered me anyway... And no I was not making a re... *sighs* People are gonna go at it in the comments, aren't they?

Subaru: C'mon (Y/N), this is no time to be a shut-in!! D'ya wanna freeze to death! At this time of year, it's not too hot or too cold out—

——————————————

It was raining.

Beatrice: Doesn't look like it'll let up anytime soon, I suppose.

Subaru: NANDE!??

(Y/N): Life.

Rem: I guess we can't camp out in this.

(Y/N): Why don't we just-

Subaru: No! If we have a tent!!!

Roswaal🤡: SUUUUUBARUUUU-KUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. Were you thinking of making me, the master of this mansion, sleep outside?!!

(Y/N): He's right... Even that's too good for someone like him...

Beatrice looked at me for a few seconds, but it didn't seem she really cared all that much, in fact, I could have sworn I saw her smirk for a few seconds.

Subaru: Th-Th-Then... Can you or (Y/N) anything about this with your magic?! Like, throw a fireball or something at Puck to bring him up to the perfect temperature?

(Y/N): Hell nah, my mana is precious, once it's gone....... To get it back............I have to...... Yeahh... I'm not doing that...

Subaru: What's up with you??

Roswaal🤡: Controlling the degree of such magic is too difficult. If my hand movement is thrown just slightly off, the mansion would become a sea of flames.

Subaru: Theeeeeen, Nella-chan?!

Quinella: If you are all prepared to die of weakness, then yes.

Subaru: Man, why does it feel like there's a flood above and a fire below us?- WAIT!! THAT'S IT!!! A FLOOD ABOVE US AND A FIRE BELOW!!!

Emilia: What do you mean?

Subaru: It's a riddle we had back in my homeland! The answer is: A BATH! IN OTHER WORDS, THE WAY TO GET THROUGH THIS FREEZING COLD IS...

Emilia: The way to get through it is...?

Subaru: By using the magic stones of fire in this mansion to boil the water in the big bath!!! And then... For two days, we'll all... HANG OUT IN A HOT SPRING!! WHAT DO YOU SAY?!

He yelled while doing that weird pose of his and pointing towards the ceiling.

Rem: Sasuga wa Subaru-kun desu!!! I'm impressed!!!

Ram: Unfortunately we can't do that....

...

...

Subaru: NANDE?!

——————————————

...

...

...

Subaru: I-Is that... Mayonnaise??

I have.... I have too many questions.............

Rem: Hai! I've been making it for you since you love mayonnaise!! Before... When there wasn't enough mayonnaise, you were angry at me. So this time, I used the big bath!! If you wish to compliment me, I don't mind!!

.... I can't really get angry at her, she's too adorable...

But... I was looking forward to having a soak...

Subaru: Are you stupid?!

Rem: *GASP* You're right! The mayonnaise has frozen over!!

(Y/N): Uhh... I don't think that's the problem....

Rem: But worry not, Subaru-kun!! If we boil it, it'll be a nice, warm, mayonnaise bath!!!

Subaru: Ahhh!!! Forget about that!! You're gonna earn the wrath of every mayo lover in the world!!

(Y/N): I wanna go into hibernation......

Quinella: Your species does not require hibernation.

(Y/N): [REDACTED]

Subaru: Ayo!! Watch your mouth man!!

(Y/N): Urusai....

——————————————

After that, we rested in front of a fire... Or well, Subaru and Rem did, I was in between them and they were both huddled next to me.

Subaru: It's still cold right beside the fire?

Puck: But if not for this, everyone in this mansion would be frozen solid.

(Y/N): Except for Emilia and I...

Ram: (Y/N), why is it that you are not affected by the cold...?

Subaru: If I remember correctly he said his body temperatures like... two hundred or something...

My eyes were closed, I couldn't find the energy to move... But then I started to feel tingle up my spine... As if I was being glared at intensely....

I slowly turned my head and see Ram open her blanket.

Ram: (Y/N). Come here.

(Y/N): NO way, I don't like the look you're giving me, it's like you're staring into my soul!... Imma head ou-

*GRAB*

(Y/N): EH?

Ram: I'm not going to let you get away. Come here. I won't ask again...

(Y/N): Ahhhhhh-

——————————————

I was now sharing a blanket with Ram... Our cheeks were literally touching and I could feel her shivering.

(Y/N): Stop shaking please, this is very uncomfortable...

Ram: What a stupid request, I can't help it.

(Y/N): Tsk...

I close my eyes and start breathing in, I then focus and slowly but surely, it starts getting warmer.

Ram: What are you doing, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Increasing my body temperature, give me a little room now please...

She wasn't listening... I'm fact she somehow got even closer, if that was even possible.

Subaru: What's with that incredibly satisfied look on your face, Nee-sama?! Make room for me to!!

Ram's face went from relaxed and satisfied, to incredibly scary in just one second.

Ram: No, there's no room for anyone else, I'm in a position that I'm very comfortable with.

Subaru: Eeeehhh?? No fair Onee-sama!!! You can't be stingy!

Ram: Yamero, Barusu. I'm not in the mood, I won't hesitate to hurt you if you come too close.

Subaru: Ahh... So it's gonna be like that, huh? Well!! Emilia-tan!! Wanna cuddle with me to keep warm?!

Emilia: Uhh, Subaru, I already told you that I was not bothered by the cold... And I'm afraid I can't raise my body temperature like (Y/N).

Subaru: That's alright!! Just receiving your love and affection will be enough to make the cold all the more bearable!!!

Rem: If that's the case, I'll shower you with lots of love and affection that you won't even notice the ice, Subaru-kun!!

Subaru: Once again you've got the characters in this story mixed up- Oi, Puck, can't you just unleash all your magic in one blast and be done with it?!

Puck: Does that mean you're giving me... Permission to destroy this entire world?

Subaru: NO I'M NOT!!!

Puck: I was kidding~

Subaru: Anyway, does this magic release period happen only to spirits? Do you or Beako go through it, Ros-chi?

Roswaal🤡: In my case, I use my magic on a daiiiily basis to keep it regulated. My daily duties requiire it, after allll.

Suddenly.... Ram shifts, her cheek is still against mine and I notice she's beginning to blush. When Subaru and I look at her, she avoids eye contact. HmmmMMMMMMmmmmMMMM.

Roswaal🤡: So my od always has plenty of leeway.

(Y/N): Why'd you look at Ram when mentioning daily duties?

Subaru: I was wondering that at well...

Quinella: <You already know the answer.>

(Y/N): *Do I?*

Quinella: <I probed the clown in one of the past loops. A copy of all his memories should be accessible in your brain, you just have to focus and search.>

I do as she says and searches the copy memories... So Far I don't see any-

Wait... Is that Roswaal and Ram?... They're watching Subaru, Emilia and I through the window...

Why is Ram sitting on his la-

(Y/N): *OIII, NELLA, DELETE THAT SHIT FROM MY MIND, NOOOOWWW!!!*

Quinella: <Ufufu, how interesting, Neee, (Y/N)-kun, I wouldn't mind if->

(Y/N): *NO!*

Quinella: <Ara, what a shame~>

(Y/N): Oi... Ram...

Ram:.....

(Y/N): You have very interesting...... Taste...

Ram:............................*What does he mean by that?*

Beatrice: Betty manages by maintaining the forbidden library and using Door Crossing, I suppose. Oh, yes. And recently, smacking away a certain noisy human has been helping, too.

Subaru: Hai, Haiii. Very cute...

Beatrice then pouted.

Subaru: Then what about you, Emilia-tan, Rem, you don't have a mating— I mean magic release period?

Rem: Only certain people have magic powerful enough to necessitate a magic release period.

Emilia: I'm not a very powerful magic user, either, so I've never had one. But I do have a lot of experience with them because of Puck.

Subaru: What about you and Nella-chan, (Y/N)...

(Y/N): In my homeland, magic release periods work very differently... So as powerful as I am, I've never had one. As for Nella... Well, she's never had one... But if she did....

Subaru: If she did?

(Y/N): This world is done for...

Subaru: Ehh- *Now that I think about it... In one of the failed loops, Nella came out from (Y/N)'s body and destroyed everything in the vicinity of the mansion... Actually... She might have gone beyond that and destroyed the whole country, but I ended up getting disintegrated before I could see its full effects... Scary...*

(Y/N): Puck. When was the last time you got to use a good amount of magic?

Puck: Hmm... The last time was probably when I fought that lady in black at the Capital. I actually ran out of mana.

(Y/N): Yeahhh, scratch that, no way are we going to get that lady, I can still feel her hand inside of my belly... Ughh.

Puck: The other time was probably when Roswaal came to the forest to pick up Lia. It's embarrassing to say, but I think I caused quite a fuss.

Roswaal🤡: Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, yes. That was quite exciting. That was the first time in my life I had taken part in such a large-scale magic war... Perhaps!

Puck: You just came right for me without an appointment. I couldn't believe it!!

Roswaal🤡: We spent a full day and night clashing in earnest.

Subaru: What actually happened there, Emilia-tan?

Emilia: I heard the maps had to be redrawn later.

Subaru: Noppppeee!!!!!! Operation: Pitting friends against each other as Enemies is rejected!!

Puck: EHHHH????

Subaru: Don't "EHHHH????" me!! No changing the geography by fighting! Apologize to Ino Tadataka!!!

Puck: Tadataka-san, Gomenasaiiii!!!

But this isn't even Japa-

Screw it...

Puck: Was that okay?

(Y/N): Eh... So... If you're done discussing whatever, wanna hear my suggestion?

Subaru: Hm?

(Y/N): A way to make the magic release period enjoyable for everyone~

Emilia: And that is?

(Y/N): Well t's raining, ain't it???

Subaru then gasps in realisation.

Subaru: MASSAKAAA!!!

(Y/N): Since Puck's got mana to burn, let's do it with a bang...

Subaru: YEAH!!! This was tradition back in my Homeland of Hokkaido, we'll call it. The Roswaal Mansion's First Wild and Crazy... SNOW FESTIVAL!!

Rem: Sasuga wa Subaru-kun!! I am Impressed!!

Subaru: I know, riiiiight?!

(Y/N): 🗿

(A/N): Contribution totally ignored

Imma let it go because she's adorable........

Emilia: Wild and Crazy Snow Festival?

Subaru: Alright, Rem, (Y/N), help me out!!!

Rem: Wild and Crazy!!

Emilia: Is the "wild and crazy" part necessary?

(Y/N): 🗿

——————————————

Subaru: The driving snow has enveloped the mansion as well as our hearts!! It's a world of white, white, white, as far as the eye can see!!! But just as there is no night that doesn't break into dawn, there is no snow that doesn't cease!! Say goodbye to the frozen sky!! Welcome to the Roswaal mansion's out-of-season Snow Festival!!

Pucks magic was used on the clouds to cool down the water from the pouring rain and turn it into snow, we had then gathered people from the Village and they all came to enjoy the festival. I was even joined by Nella who was in her humanoid form and we were both standing next to Emilia who was wearing some cloak.

Subaru: MINNA!!!! DO YOU WANNA GO TO NEW YORK?!

Villager#1: New York???

Villager#2: Hmmmm....

Children: YEAHHH!!!!

Subaru: DO YOU WANNA GO TO NEW YORK, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES?!

All the villagers raised their arms and hesitantly cheered...

Mild: Where's New York?!

Petra: It's a town that was in Subaru and (Y/N)'s homeland!!

Dine: He called it a town swirling with love and desire!!

Luca: Swirling!!!!!

Why does Lucas always have snot coming from his nose...

Subaru: The rules are simple! You'll all try to build the most unique and imaginative now sculpture. We have fantastic prizes for the winner, too!!

Dine: Will we get to go to New York?!

(Y/N): Yeahhhh, that's kinda impossible...

Subaru: Dagaa!!! They're prizes just as amazing as New York!! Okay, everyone! Do your best to win!!

All: YEAAAHHH!!!

——————————————

Emilia: I never would have even thought of a snow festival!!

Subaru: Well, if we can't hide it, might as well celebrate it.

Emilia: I'll work to beat the band and make an amazing sculpture!

Subaru: No one says "to beat the band" nowadays 😅...

——————————————

I watched everyone build up mounds of snow, a little earlier, Subaru went in to fetch Beatrice... But now I'm seeing him fly our one of the windows. Luckily he had a soft landing because of the snow though.

Dine: Hey!! It's Subaru!!!

Mild: It's him! It's Subaru!!

(Y/N): Ight boys, let 'im have it!!

Lucas: Yeahh!! Have a taste of white fear!!!

They all wound up and began dashing snowballs at him while I laughed.

Subaru: You guys still have this much energy in the cold?.... Heh... But you'll eventually realise... that the ones being played with, in the snow, were all of yo—

Unexpectedly, Nella makes five snowballs levitate and makes them fly at Subaru, the rest of the kids copied her, dashing as many snowballs as they could without stopping.

Quinella: Want another one~?

Subaru: Nooo I don't!!!

Petra: Subaru, look!! I made this out of the snow!!

(Y/N): Houu, a snow bunny?

Petra: Hee hee~ Isn't it cute?!

(Y/N): Yes...

But I never did like rabbits....

Petra: Did I do a good job?

Subaru: You sure did!! Okay, in that case... Let's make it even fancier!! Watch this!

He added two red berries for the eyes and then green leaves for the ears.... I still don't like it... But Petra was happy so who cares what I think~

Petra: Wow!!! It's really a rabbit now!!

Subaru: Seeing you that happy makes me feel excited, too! All right!! Let's power it up even more!!!

(Y/N): What, you gonna add horns to this demon?!

Subaru: We'll give it a tail and wings...

Petra: Eh???

Subaru: And missiles and a transformation ability and a cockpit and caterpillar tracks...

Petra: E-Eh! Please wait!! Wait!!

(Y/N): Uhhh... Subaru...

——————————————

Subaru: YYYYOOOOSHHH!!! HOW IS THIS!!!!???

(Y/N): Her face says it all...

Quinella: Hmph...

Subaru: THE ASSAULT FORM OF THE ULTRA-FIREPOWER WEAPON... S-N0 BUN-E!!!

Petra's face then showed no visible emotion whatsoever... She just put the "thing" down and turned around... Then she-

Subaru: SCOFUTONDUUU!!!!

——————————————

Petra: Hmph!!

She took the thing and just walked off.

Quinella: Typical Barusu...

Subaru: I guess Petra's more into real robots than super robots...

Quinella: *In English* You really are a clueless idiot...

Subaru: You really gotta teach me English -.-

Hmmmm......

(Y/N): Oi, Subaru... Nella...

Subaru: Hm?

Quinella: What is it?

(Y/N): It's not for this competition or anything... But I think I'm going to make one as well....

Subaru: Houu?! What are you gonna make?

Quinella: Would you like me to help you?

(Y/N): No... I'm not really even sure what I'm gonna make... But I'll be fine on my own... I'll call you over when I'm done!

Quinella:... If you say so...

Subaru: Alright then!

Narrator's P.O.V

(Y/N) ran off elsewhere, with Subaru and Quinella watching him go. Up at a Window, Beatrice was also watching, leaning her head into her hand.

Beatrice: Sheesh... He is unbelievable, I suppose...

Puck then floated up to the open window, "arms" crossed while swaying his tail side to side.

Puck: I think Subaru just wants to play with you, Betty.

Beatrice: Huh?

Puck: Actually, I'd like to do that too, if possible~.

Beatrice:... Bubby... Hmmm...

——————————————

Emilia had gathered enough snow that she thought was sufficient and hummed in satisfaction, she then heard the sound of Beatrice walking and then stopping beside her.

Emilia looked down, noticing the spirit was avoiding eye contact.

Emilia: Beatrice?

Beatrice:.... Bubby insisted, I suppose... So I'll join you for just a little bit. Be grateful, I suppose.

Emilia tilted her head but then smiled.

Emilia: Well, just know I won't lose!

The two then started to shape the snow in silence.

——————————————

Elsewhere, Subaru was walking around with a board, Quinella floating behind him and Puck floating around his head. They were all taking a look at all the different sculptures that were being created by the village people.

Puck: They're all making nice sculptures.

Subaru: Yeah, but it's sort of a shame all their motifs lean toward realism. I guess it's because they don't have the concept of popular characters.

Quinella: Of course, Barusu, the most you can expect from them are a lot of castles and animals and such...

Subaru: Yeahh, you're probably- Oh? This one looks really......... Nice?

He hesitated towards the end of his sentence, noticing the sculpture was of the puppy Wolgarm in its giant "Boss" form.

Subaru just stared at it blankly.

Man#1: Thank you, Subaru-sama. This Wolgarm is my best work.

Subaru: Is this saying that once you pass through its throat, you'll forget what warmth feels like?! That's not funny!!... I do like art that makes an impact, and I want you to commend your effort. But because it shows a lack of consideration for your judge, I give it seven points!

——————————————

Emilia: Umu! It's looking good!

Emilia stood back and nodded to herself, but her attention was drawn to a shuffling sound coming from where Beatrice was.

She saw Beatrice with her hands out, shaping the snow.

Emilia: Hey! No fair! You know you shouldn't do that.

Beatrice: There's no rule written anywhere saying it's wrong, in fact.

Emilia: Dame!!! No magic allowed!! Cheating is wrong!! You should grasp victory with your own hands.

She said with a proud smile on her face. Beatrice looked up at her, pouted and then started to shape the snow with her hands.

——————————————

Soon after, everyone was done.

Subaru: What a beautiful sight!!

Puck: By the way, I'm curious about the scoring for this Snow Festival. Who's in charge of that?

Quinella: Barusu, the clown and one of the inhabitants of the village, Muraosa, who's participating as a secret judge.

Subaru: Hai Hai, if people knew who the judges were, they might resort to bribery or under-the-table deals to win.

Puck: You think anyone would go that far to win this prize that's being offered?

Subaru: Heh, well it's a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind item presented by me... And actually, (Y/N) chipped in an item as well!

Puck: Wow, this isn't even your problem and you're both being so generous.

Quinella: (Y/N)-kun has always been like this... Always...

Subaru: That's right, you-

Rem: Subaru-kun, please look at this! Nee-sama and I constructed this sculpture together!!

Rem waved to Subaru who stopped when he saw her and walked over.

Subaru: Rem and Nee-sama? You're participating in this, not just helping?

Ram: Ara, Baruse. I suppose our supreme artistic sense drew you here.

Subaru: I'm not sure how I feel about you making me sound like a moth drawn to a flame, but I'm here to see your work! What convinced you to participate in a freezing cold snow festival, Ram?

Ram: You expected me to just stay in bed while Rem and all the others were playing in the snow?

Subaru: You're being unnecessarily hostile... And besides, you weren't in bed, you were snuggling with (Y-

Ram: I do not know what you are talking about.

Subaru: Flat out denial, huh?

Rem: I asked her to join because I earnestly wished to have fun with her.

Subaru: Don't you feel any guilt at all, making your imouto beg like that, Nee-sama?

Ram: Feeling my sister's love so keenly gives me a superiority complex~ Go ahead and Envy me~.

Subaru: So what is this?

Ram: Ram and Rem. Our finest work, a compilation of our strength, artistic desire and sisterly love.

Rem: Hai, I believe this is the best work my sister's direction and my meagre abilities could produce!

Quinella: She just admitted to doing all the work...

Subaru: Why am I not surprised... So, what's your sculpture's name?

Rem: Hai! We've titled it... A Statue of the Magnificent Subawaal🤡.

Subaru: I can tell where it's going by the name-

Rem: Here it is!!

Rem pulled off the cover with a smile on her face.

(A/N): 👁👄👁

Rem: Nee-sama wanted to sculpt Roswaal-sama, and I wanted to sculpt you, Subaru-kun!

Ram: After searching for a compromise, this is the solution we reached.

Subaru: It looks like a compromise, but it's really not-

Roswaal🤡: OOOOOOYAAAAA, OYYYYAAAAA, What brings the four of you here?!

*A wild Roswaal appeared 🤡*

Roswaal: And... What is this?

Ram: Roswaal-sama, I am sorry you had to see that, but please take a good look at this.

Rem: Nee-sama and I built it together! We know you are like a family to us, but please give us your unbiased opinion!!

Roswaal's face said it all-

Quinella's too-

Subaru:.......Okay... Sorry, but... five points.

Ram: And then he saiiiiiiid~

Subaru: Nothing changing! It's exactly what it looks like!! I pray you two will find fame in the future! That's all!

Ram/Rem: ‼️

Ram: N-No... That can't be...

Rem: Then what about you, Roswaal-sama?!

Roswaal smiled and raised both hands, making both Rem and Ram cheer for like a split second before the clown literally went "Sike" and put up only four fingers.

Ram widened her eyes and then fell to her knees.

Ram: F-Four points?!

Puck: What's a perfect score, anyway?

Subaru: We give up to ten points. And there are three judges, so a total of thirty points is a perfect score.

Roswaal🤡: The quality is certainly satisfactoryyyyy, but it just sort of... gives me the chills.

Quinella: Two irritating people fused into one.... thing... It's revolting...

Subaru: You don't hold back at all Nella-chan...

Ram: I know our concept wasn't wrong! The Barusu part of it just got in the way!

Rem: That cannot be! It makes no sense that a merging of my ideals and yours could fail! I'm certain we're just a bit ahead of our time!!

Emilia then wandered over to Subaru and was quickly noticed by him.

Subaru: Hey, Emilia-tan!

Emilia: I'm almost finished with min. Beatrice is working hard on hers, too. It's a work in progress, but do you want to see i- Wait, what is this?

She said while looking up at "Subawaal-sama". However, the look on her face was one of extreme interest.

Subaru: Masaka... Emilia-tan, do you actually see something good in this sculpture? Are we the only ones who're behind the times?

Emilia: It looks... really strange...

Subaru: Riiight?

A bunch of kids then came over and pulled Subaru along with them.

Dine: Subaru!!! Come take a look at ours!!

Lucas: Yeah, we've finished!!

They made a sculpture of Subaru doing the pose he always does when pointing to the sky.

Mild: It looks just like you!

Subaru: Oh, you guys sculpted me, too?

Lucas: Stand beside it!!!

Subaru: Sure!! Liiike this?!

He stood beside it and made the same pose.

All: Hmmmmm

Dine: It's not quite right...

Mild: The real Subaru has mean eyes!!

Lucas: Super-mean eyes!!

He placed his fingers at his eyes and then stretched them far back to make his eyes seems like thin lines...

...

Hold on a second, you racist mother fuc-

——————————————

After that, Subaru was walking around, looking at other sculptures. However, Him, Emilia, Quinella and Puck noticed that many of the villagers were gathered around in one place.

They all decided to step through the crowd and take a look.

Subaru: What's all the commotion about over here?!

Man#1: Subaru, take a look at this!! It's amazing!!

Subaru, Puck and Emilia's jaws all then dropped to the ground when they all the sculpture.

Subaru: Who the heck made-

Emilia pointed to (Y/N), who was patting down some snow at the base.

(Y/N): Hmm.... Is this right?... I believe so.... Yeah.....

Subaru: (Y-(Y-(Y/N)?!?!?!!!!!

(Y/N): Hm?? Oh hey guys! You like my sculpture?

Subaru: Where did you get such a creative and artistic ability from!!??

(Y/N): I just made whatever came to mind.

Emilia: H-How did you add... Colours to it... It looks so... Lifelike...

(Y/N): Oh, well after shaping it, I just used light magic. I manipulated the photons around it to make people see the colours I want them to see.

Emilia: Yang magic... Can do this??!

(Y/N): Not the usual Yang, light magic from my homeland... So Nella! What do you think?

Quinella was staring up at the statue, but it was hard to read her expression.

(Y/N): Nella??

Quinella: (Y-(Y/N)-kun... Do you know who this is?

(Y/N): Hm.... Nope. Not at all, I think I created an original character~

Subaru: Houu!! That's a really nice concept!! If you were in the competition, I'd definitely give this a Ten!!!

Roswaal🤡: Haaaaaaaaaaiiiii, I agree with Subaruuu-kuuuun. This... This is a work of arrrrt.

Subaru: Where do you keep on popping out from?!

Puck: This is definitely one of the best ones here, (Y/N)! Congratulations!

(Y/N): Thanks!

(Y/N) grinned and then looked at Quinella, his grin dropped when he saw a tear roll down her cheek.

(Y/N): E-Eh?! N-Nella?!

Subaru: She's crying, Nandeee?!

Quinella: Do not concern yourself with me...

She then started glowing and turned into her sword form, which I grabbed and looked at in confusion.

Emilia: I wonder why she was so... Sad...

(Y/N): Hmmmm...... I really couldn't say... She doesn't tell me everything she's thinking...

Quinella: *He hasn't completely forgotten...*

Quinella thought to herself, seemingly relived. And then, she slept.

Roswaal🤡: You'd definitely get a ten from meee, (Y/N)-kuuun.

(Y/N): Heh, I got the clowns approval... I dunno how to feel about that...

——————————————

People continued to enjoy themselves for the remainder of the day, Subaru and (Y/N) went to go and look at some more sculptures and even had a snowball fight with the kids.

It was now twilight, and the sky was going from orange to a beautiful shade of purple/pink.

Emilia was going around and looking at the different sculptures. She pouted and then took off her hood.

Emilia: I worked so hard, and I only got nine points? I don't think that's right. And Beatrice only got seven points.

Puck: Maybe a contest like this was a little too difficult for you and Betty. By the way, what did you make? Just what it looks like. They're both you!

Puck: Th-This is me?....

Emilia: It might be a bit bland, but I think it looks just like you.

Puck: It scares me to think about how I look to you, but maybe it's just too artistic for ordinary folks to understand.

Emilia: Maybe... Roswaal, Subaru and the old man gave (Y/N) thirty points. But he said he wasn't interested in the prize.

Puck: I think (Y/N) just made a sculpture because he wanted to have fun.

The two of them then went over to (Y/)'s sculpture and gazed up at it.

Emilia: She really is beautiful though... In the end, the snow bunny is what ended up winning. That one was obviously really good, no matter who's looking at it. Roswaal and the old man loved it, too. I thought Subaru would be more excited about it, but it was strange how quiet he was. (Y/N) was giving him some strange looks as well...

Puck: Uhhh, no comment from me... I am curious about the big prize, though.

Emilia: Me, too. Those things from (Y/N) and Subaru's homeland... What... Was it again? Something like... Pocky and Cornpota?

——————————————

While walking with the rest of the villagers. Petra took out a chip and sniffed it. Then sh took a bite out of it and widened her eyes.

Petra: Oishii!!!!

She then took out a Pocky and bit into it. She squealed with stars in her eyes.

Petra: Umaiiiiii!!!!!

The other kids, seeing Petra's reaction all gathered around her.

Lucas: Me, too!

Dine: I wanna try!!

——————————————

Emilia: I guess all these snow sculptures will have melted by tomorrow. And there are so many... It's really a shame.

Puck: That's just how snow is. It doesn't last forever. That's all there is to it.

Subaru: Oiiii!!! What are you doing?!

Emilia and Puck looked up at a balcony and saw Subaru waving at them.

Subaru: The party's starting!!!

Emilia: Okay! We're coming!

Emilia smiled and went back into the mansion with Puck.

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Subaru: So, thank you all for participating in the Roswaal Mansion Snow Festival today. And congratulations on your great work. I had a lot of fun myself. When Puck's magic release period comes around next year, let's have another snow festival. And this time it'll be even flashier!!

(A/N): The word "Flashy" has a whole new meaning after watching Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Subaru: With that, Kampai!!!

All: Kampai!!

We all raised glasses and indulged in the food on the table. Nella did come back out a little later... But she disappeared again shortly... I have no Idea what she went off to do-

Rem: Thank you for everything today, Subaru-kun. (Y/N)-kun.

(Y/N): Hm?

Subaru: You too, you helped out with a lot of stuff. It must've been rough. I'll make sure you're compensated somehow.

*Clink*

They hit their glasses together softly, then Rem said something that made me look up in alarm.

Rem: There's no need for that. I'll just gaze upon your sleeping face a bit longer than usual tonight.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

There was Background Music that went to an abrupt stop...

Subaru: Huh? Did you just say something creepy?

Rem: No, I didn't say anything creepy at all.

(Y/N): I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear, what I clearly just heard.

Roswaal🤡: Incidentally, Subaru-kun, (Y/N)-kun. How do you both feel about Alcohol? Do you turn bright red from the smell alone and say, "I don't want to go home tonight~" . Or anythiiiiing like that?

(Y/N): 👁👄👁

Subaru: Even this world has that kind of mixer talk I've always heard about? I haven't had much alcohol before.

(Y/N): Neither have I...

Roswaal🤡: Reaally? I thought you would be the type to reach for such luxuries in hopes of looking cool.

Emilia: Children shouldn't drink alcohol! It'll stunt your growth.

Subaru: Just so you know, I'm not so young that I'd be breaking any of the Kingdom's laws!

(Y/N): Neither am I ;-; And I'm older than him...

Subaru: I'm eighteen this year! I'm an adult!!

Emilia: I don't think adults act so loud and rowdy-

(A/N): Go to Asgard.

Emilia: I didn't know you were eighteen, though... That's surprising... I thought you were both younger...

(Y/N): How old did you think we were?

Emilia: Subaru, about... Twelve-

Subaru: HMM?

Emilia: THIRTEEN! THIRTEEN! THIRTEEN!!

Subaru: That's younger than Felt, adding a year to it doesn't change much!!!!

Emilia: And... Uh.... (Y/N)...

She thought hard as if she wasn't trying to offend me... I can already tell she thought I as real young...

Emilia: Uh, Foute- Fifteen?!

(Y/N): 🗿

Quinella: My, (Y/N)-kun, has been around... For more than several kiloannum *hic*~

We all turned and saw Nella laughing to herself with a red hue around her cheeks and nose.....

Oh shit.... She was drinking this whole time??... I'mmmmm, just gonna stay far awayyy.

Subaru: What the heck is a Kiloannum?!

(Y/N): No clue, she's drunk, don't listen to her. I'm at least over a century... So how old are you, Emilia?

Emilia: I'm not thirteen. I've never had alcohol, but I'm old enough to.

Subaru: I don't doubt that part, and if you were thirteen I'd be a criminal.

Emilia: Why would that make you a criminal?

Subaru: W-Well.... You're so cute... that it makes me want to commit crimes...

(Y/N): (ㆆ_ㆆ) Anyway, going back to alcohol, a friend of mine says I can't have any, so I don't drink it... Also because I was nearly molested by Rory and Nella-

I muttered that last part.

Emilia: Hm?

Subaru: You both heard me and ignored it, also, I feel like (Y/N)unjust said something very alarming but also something I should be very jealous of!!

Emilia: Puck also said I can't have alcohol.

Puck: Of course! Alcohol is what bad grown-ups drink! I'll guzzle down any alcohol that shows itself before Lia!! SCHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHEW SHW SHEW SHEW!!!!!!

He continued making that noise while punching the air rapidly.

Roswaal🤡: Well, I see no problem if it's just for tonight. See? I do have this well-aged alcohol that I found in the wine cellar.

The clown poured some alcohol and gave it to Emilia...

#Instantregret.

——————————————

Emilia: Mmmmmhmhmhmhmmm! MMMhmmmmHmmmmmmm! Wha's wrong, Subaru? You're makin' a... Heeheeheeheee~ really funny face... An' there're so many of you! Zurui!!! *hic*.

Subaru: EHHH????

Emilia: All you Subarus are try'na hog all the sweets!

I watched while drinking some juice in my cup, Emilia jumped on Subaru, making them both drop to the floor.

Subaru: Oww, C'mon, Emilia-tan, you should really stop now. Look, you're getting crumbs all over you... *So... Hard... Not to look.... DOOOWWWWNNN*

Emilia: *Hic* Alcohol's yummmyy!!!! I's no fair that y'kept this secret f'so long! Everyone's been sneakin'... sneakin'... sneakin' around me with it, right? Hee Heee!

She then rested her head on his lap, ngl it looked pretty adorable...

Subaru: Hnnrrgaaahhhh! She's so cute!!

Rem: Subaru-kun...

Subaru: Hai? What is it, Rem-san?

Rem: *Chomp*

Subaru: Um, that hurts, Rem-san. Are you a really bad drunk?

Rem: Don't make fun of me, Subaru-kunSubaru-kunSubaru-kun!

Subaru: You said my name three times... Um, what's going on?

Rem: I'm usually serious because my job is so important to me. But since today is about having fun, I let her guard down a bit... So it's all your fault, Subaru-kuuun.

She rested on Subaru's other lap, and started making purring noises, At this point, I wasn't just watching. I was also filming and chuckling away.

Subaru: Oi! (Y/N), I see you!

(Y/N): iPhone 13 pro with a Terabyte of space. Might as well use it up with memorable pictures and videos...

Subaru: T-erabyte?! What kinda phones exist in your Japan?!

Even though he was muttering, I heard him and replied with a smirk.

(Y/N): The better kind~

I then feel... A bouncy... springy feeling on my back.... I slowly turn my head and notice that Nella is hugging me from behind.

(Y/N): O-Oi..... N-Nella?

Quinella: Ara Ara (Y/N)-kun~ You didn't think you were safe from me, did you?

(Y/N): *Gulp*

She took my phone out of my hand and turned it off before placing it down, then with a surprising amount of strength that I wasn't expecting she pushed me down and sat on top of me.

When I looked up at her, I widened my eyes as she looked down. She wasn't wearing any dam clothes!!!

(Y/N): NONONONONO, Are you okay?! Put on some dam-

Quinella: It's alright, not even I'm that careless, the only one who can see me like this is you. To everyone else, It looks as though I'm still wearing my clothes... That said...

She came close to my ear and blew on it.

Quinella: Let's finish where we left off~

(Y/N): I NEED AN ADULT.

Quinella: Ara Ara, I am an adult~

After she started sucking on my ear, I felt a chill go run down my spine.

(Y/N): Last resort, Null magic...

I cast a spell that caused Nella to start falling asleep. She yawned and then collapsed on me. After that, I breathed a sigh of relief...

(Y/N): I forgot all out Null magic...

I try reaching for my phone, after struggling for a bit, I managed to reach it. I turned it on, and just in the nick of time...

Subaru: Emilia-tan, sorry but can you keep an eye on Rem?

Emilia: uMu, Wakatta! Come over here, Rem!!

It was quite a pleasant sight.

Emilia: HmmmMMMmmm. You're so cute~

Subaru:....... I wanna take a picture....

*FLASH*

(Y/N): Already ahead of you... Captured in 4K 📸

I smirk while holding my phone out after taking a photo.

Ram: I'm burning the sight into my eyelids...

——————————————

After that, Subaru left to go talk to Beatrice outside.... But I was taking more Pictures of Ram and Emilia...

Though, after I had taken enough... I looked at Quinella's sleeping face and sighed... She looked the happiest when she was sleeping... I wonder what dreams she has when she sleeps...

I heard her mumble my name in her sleep... But not in a weird way...It actually sounded kinda adorable and she giggled after that...

I chuckle to myself and try to change our position. I stand up and manage to keep her on my back, in fact, after I stood up she started humming and buried her head on me.

Along with Ram who was now carrying Rem on her back, and Emilia, we went outside on the balcony to where Subaru and Beatrice is.

Ram: What are you doing, Barusu?

Emilia: Nani Nani? Telling secrets?!

Rem: Subaru-kun, Subaru-kun, Subaru-kun... 💤

Subaru: Yoo! Minna. Listen to this. I was talking about the stars in the sky.

Emilia: Star-samaaa!!!!!

Rem: Subaru-kun, Subaru-kun... 💤

Subaru: Yosh... You're all going to... *snap* Try to find Subaru together~

Beatrice: Huuuuuh?

Ram:.............?

Both Beatrice and Ram gave him disgusted looks.

Subaru: WAIT, WAIT, WAIIIT! Don't pity me! Don't scorn me! It's not what you think!!! I mean, Subaru is my name, but I was named after a star cluster called Subaru!

Beatrice: How cruel of your parents to give you the name of a group of shining stars......

Rem: You're named after stars, yet you don't shine and you don't attract the eye. How sad.

Subaru: Stop ridiculing me for failing to live up to my name!!

Puck: Don't worry. Stars are a symbol of hope! There's still hope for you, Subaru!!

(Y/N): You look way too satisfied...

Emilia: Look Look! Lots of snow spirits!!

They all appeared and illuminated the sky and area around us. We all gazed out at the spirits with smiles on our faces. Even Beatrice was gazing out at them earnestly.

Subaru: So how about it? The snow festival was fun, wasn't it?

Beatrice:............................ It wasn't bad. I will say that, I suppose.

(Y/N): Hey, Subaru, take a look at this~

I showed him all the pictures of everyone throughout the snow sculpture competition, and then the pictures of everyone eating, and finally, Rem and Emilia cuddling.

Subaru: HOUUU?! THIS IS AMAZING!!

He took my phone and held it in the air. I could practically see the stars in his eye.

(Y/N): Pretty good pictures if I do say so myse-

Subaru: Oops...

I look and see my Phone falling from the Balcony.

(YN): NONONONONOO!!

After reaching my hand over the balcony, something unexpected happens-

*THWAP**HISS*

A line of some stringy substance comes from my wrists and reaches out towards the phone, after that, it manages to stop it from falling just before it hit the ground.

Subaru: What the heck?!

I pull the line back up... Only to find out that this "line"... Is actually a web... Dafaq?

Subaru: The help, you've totally become Man-Spider now!!

(Y/N): 👁_👁 Just out of curiosity, what colour is the costume of "Man-Spider"

Subaru: The main colour is Blue and then the secondary colour is red.

(Y/N): *Sighs* Of course... Anyway, I guess that explains the itchy feeling that I had around my wrists for the past month or so...

Puck: All right!! I'll use the last of my mana to share this snow with the people of the capital!!

Puck raised both arms to the sky and a wide beam shot into the sky.

I can only imagine the reactions of everyone in the capital about now.

——————————————

——————————————

Whatever other people may be doing... I'm sure they're having a good time...

Timeskip

Quinella's P.O.V

The day after that, I had a massive headache... I was at one of the Balcony's of the Mansion, looking out at the partially melted snow. I don't really remember last night all too well. I suppose I drunk myself silly...

I hear a noise behind me and I see (Y/N)-kun walk out with a glass of water. A pleasant sight, to see in the morning.

(Y/N): Morning, Nella.

Quinella: Good morning, (Y/N)-kun~

(Y/N): Here...

He passed me the glass.

Quinella: Hm?

(Y/N): You drank more than five bottles yesterday as it would turn out...

Quinella: Hmm, I guess I really let loose...

(Y/N): Yeah, I'll say...

I take the glass and start to drink from it, I'm done in about ten seconds.

(Y/N): Woow... That was fast...

Quinella: As it turns out, I really needed that... So thank you.

(Y/N): You're welcome...

He stands beside me, looking down over the Balcony as well. There's silence for a few moments until he asks me a question I wasn't expecting...

(Y/N): Nella... Are you alright?... Yesterday, you cried when looking at my sculpture... Was it that good, or was it something else?

Quinella:.... Hmm... Nothing you need to be concerned with. I was merely surprised by your artistic ability, I suppose~

(Y/N): I suppose? Beatrice is rubbing off on you, In fact.

Quinella: It looks like I'm not the only one...

We gaze at each other for a few moments and then share a laugh. Afterwards, I decide to rest my head on his shoulder.

(Y/N): Nella?

Quinella: (Y/N)-kun...

(Y/N): Hm?

Quinella: I love you~

(Y/N):............. I know...

Even if he doesn't remember why. My only wish is that he remembers someday... And when that day comes... He will feel the same...

——————————————

Memory Snow

——————————————

(A/N): Ahh, Poor Quinella. Will (Y/N) ever remember the reason she loves him so much?.... Only time will tell. I hope you enjoyed this slice-of-life chapter, because Arc 3 is right around the corner, and we all know what's about to happen there~

I'm quite satisfied, 10.7K words in this chapter. See yall next time~

Themanofculture loggin off~

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

614K 33.9K 74
Betrayed, lost, broken. This is Azalea's reality now. Once a slave, now a warrior. A future queen tasked with the enormous weight of the survival...
335 27 27
"I could feel it. The full strength of my brother's power. I didn't know how far away he was, but he definitely wasn't nearby. And yet still, he was...
5.6K 107 23
The year is 20XX. A human has fallen from the surface world! She was running from her abusive home when she made it to Mt. Ebott. However, when she l...
168 2 35
You've just woken in the woods, away from everything you know. You're dazed and confused, unable to comprehend what's just happened. As you are comin...