Wait, did I become Tohka Yato...

By NotDariou

Before all of this you use to be a man but suddenly after a less tragic accident you have taken the role as o... More

Chapter 1: Where am I?
Chapter 2: What just happened?!
Chapter 3: Are you asking me out?!
Chapter 4: Why Me?!
Chapter 5: Wait?! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!!
Chapter 6: Stop eating my children!
Chapter 7: Is that Puppet the real deal?
Chapter 8: Why is everything so cool?!
Chapter 9: The Princess is a Part-Timer?!
Chapter 10: So best girl makes her debut along with a sister?!
Chapter 11: So a school life with Nightmare?
Chapter 12: Date Gone WRONG!?
Chapter 13: Princess V.S Nightmare!
Chapter 14: I'm Rehabbing from Flame girl?!
Chapter 15: I'm assisting a sis-con?!
Chapter 16: Hold on! Season Finale?!
Chapter 18: You call this Paradise?!
Chapter 19: Hanging out with Pinkie? or are we?
Chapter 20: What? A Sports EVENT?!
Chapter 21: Am I starting to lose it!?
Chapter 22: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 1.
Chapter 23: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 2.
Chapter 24: A Star Festival?!
Chapter 25: My slice of life as a Spirit?
Chapter 26: A trip?! Nah, it's a trap!
Chapter 27: The Gingers' sacred duel?
Chapter 28: Huh? A Fight and Disagreement?
Chapter 29: My trauma caused by a Yuri Idol?!
Chapter 30: So it takes a man to become best girl?!

Chapter 17: Huh?! A Utopia Game?

3.4K 95 113
By NotDariou

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

((Heads up: This chapter is heavily filler but at the same time canon to this story!))

Raizen High School

Tohka's POV

TIME FOR MY SLICE OF LIFE! No fighting spirits! No Ratatoskr! and No AST bothers!

What a great way to start the week, at least everything went back to normal apart from whatever plot will decided to toss me around.

Overall, I'm still surprised how I survived the first season of Date A Live. Usually on these kind of stories, it ends off around near the end of season. But heck I'm happy that I'm still kicking in.

"Yatogami-san! Please pay attention to this lesson!" My math teacher shouts trying to shift attention back in order. This wasn't Miss Okamine at all. It was just male teacher teaching the math course for our class.

"Hai!" I reply back.

"While you were dozing off, tell me how I would be able to solve the angle with only these side length triangle?" He ask trying to see if I was paying attention or not.

The whole class had there gaze towards me. I guess I didn't really notice that my fantasy wolrd began to take over. Right away the answers literally a walk in the park.

I knew this back in my old life. After all, Math was my strong skill. Ironically enough it would be kind of weird that Tohka is good at Math.

I stood up from my seat and answer the teacher.

"You would need to use the formula for Cosine Law, which is that angle equals b squared, plus a squared subtract c squared then divide that with 2 times b and a... which will give you the angle but do not forget to put COS-1 on the calculator to get the actual angle!" I finish leaving my math teacher bewildered.

I think its because he didn't expect me to answer it all accurately after literally staring through for a full twenty-five minutes.

"That is correct, Yatogami-san! I see you were paying attention... somehow, anyways class..." the teacher went back teaching the opposite of what I stated which is to solve for the side lengths with angles.

(True Story of the Author: On my quiz for Trigonometry before the exam I had a 71%. But then after working my butt off, additional sacrificing my Physics study time, I literally aced it with a 100% in ease... I am smurt)

The students began to whisper and gossips among themselves from my intellect. Origami who is still coming to school had none of that. After her attempted murder against Kotori because she's was spirit. Racist bitch. Origami was to be suspended from the AST for two months.

Shido at this time shouldn't be surprise with these abnormality. After all him and I been living in the same house for the pass three months.

With the teacher finish showing off the formulas and equations, he then gave a few work time for the practice question. Lunch was starting to get near.

"That would be for today everyone! Now remember Mid-terms are coming up! So study hard! one more thing the mid-term marks could replace your bad unit exams!" He finishes as he started packing up, "Now enjoy your lunch hour!"

The teacher walks out of the class as there was only a few minutes before the bell rang. Partial of the class began to get up from their chairs and started going to their neighbours. I was still seated but Tonomachi decided to bother me instead.

Honestly does this guy even have friends? apart from Shido and I, is what I mean.

"Tohka-chan! you seriously nailed that, just how do you do it?" He ask.

"I just do." I gave him the most blunt answer. In reality I just do.

"Oh well, these past few days I felt a little weird and tired." Tonomachi then brought out his phone as he was dragging some sort of item inside the dating sim game, "Well anyways, I don't know about you but my girl seems to getting hungry

"Dude, you're a lost cause." I said.

Tonomachi shriek in betrayal.

"That stung," He replies.

Shido came up to as he notice our commotion. Tonomachi then got up and begged for support.

"Itsuka! back me up here!"

Shido then had his finger up his chin and began to think.

"hmm,"

"Yeah?"

"You're a lost cause," Shido answers him leaving a depressed Tonomachi to grumble.

I snorted like a smug.

"Anyways, why don't we eat our lunches together? Maybe that would make you feel better?" I offered Tonomachi.

This suddenly shifted his moon out of nowhere as he took it with no second thoughts.

"Tohka, if you were a dude I would've said that you're a better bro than Itsuka is!" He says brightly.

"I don't know if I should be offended by that or not," Shido replies to Tonomachi's statement.

It's best if you don't. I mean, have you ever been nice to one of your friends before I arrived? Oh wait you don't have any. The only weirdo friend you got is this guy.

I meant Tonomachi as he was still eye balling his phone like no other. The man should start asking out girls at his age. Back in my 11th grade year in my original world, I distant myself away from girls due to my anxiety around them. I was a failed human boy in his post teen years.

As the three of us were busy screwing around I spot Origami putting her stuff away. A Good heart I had, I do feel bad for her that she went through all of that for nothing only to get suspended on the AST for two months.

I approached as she didn't seemed to be hostile just not in a mood.

"Origami,"

"Tohka," She answers like usual.

"About the other day,"

"No need, I learn it through the pain." She says.

"Do you want to it lunch with us?" I ask, She looks behind me and notices Shido and Tonomachi waving at her.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind... I could use a break after letting all of my anger against Ifrit."

"That's the spirit," I gave her a slap on the back.

"Don't ever do that again," She threatens.

My bad.

With Origami joining us at the same with the bell rang, signaling our lunch period.

"Is this a dream or fate that I could eat, with the school's princess and super genius all at once!" Tonomachi praises this moment.

"I wouldn't praise that though," I said while chewing on a some rice. Tonomachi looks confused being the oblivious idiot as he is.

"Why is that?"

"Look behind you,"

Tonomachi then did and saw many of the boys in our class glaring at him with killing intent on as well on Shido. This suddenly made him gloom.

"This is in my perspective is what I have to deal around others, don't you understand it now Tonomachi?" Added Shido.

Giving him a slight nod from Tonomachi.

"Oh, I been meaning to ask what happened to you Tobiichi-san? You have those bandage wrapped around your head."

Origami stopped for a moment then proceed to eat her lunch. You manage to keep your cool from that without skipping beat?! Teach me your ways Origami!

"Its a long story,"

"I'm all up for long story,"

SHIT! you and your big question Tonomachi! I tried to make excuses but was luckily save from someone.

A certain kohai of mine came inside the classroom with her bento box ready.

"Tohka-sensei! Ah! there you are!" It was Mikie Okamine, she's a year below me, "Oh, I see Origami-senpai is also here! Itsuka-san too! this is great! You wouldn't mind if I eat here with you guys?"

Before one of the other guys in our join desk, table like could speak I intervened.

"Go right ahead," I said. This causes the main character of Date AST to squeal in happiness.

"Thank you very much!" She took an empty desk and had it drag next in the middle of to desk joint facing Shido and I's. It was Shido and Origami and across us was me and Tonomachi.

Shido and Origami did perked up to Mikie's words as they both heard sensei at the end of my name.

Before I even tell them why she does call me that, I'll explain.

It wasn't really much but by a pure accident literally. She finally figured it out that I was the spirit Princess that the AST was looking to kill. You might ask how did she find out well...

Some time ago and probably yesterday if not...

FLASH BACK

I was by the girl's bathroom at the school taking a dump when suddenly...

FLASH!

Wait why am I glowing purple while taking a shit! Am I shitting my reiryoku out? God what is wrong with me today?!

But then the door to my front of the toilet was opening. I mentally facepalmed and started cursing under my breath. I forgot to lock the damn door. The one open it was none other than...

"Why is this part glowing an-" She stopped from there and simply stared at me, shitting and at the same time surprised because of my outfit suddenly transformed.

"P...prin...princess?!" Mikie Okamine, I had my rotten luck.

"Sshhhh, shut up!"

"OH MY GOD A SPIRIT! wait Yatogami-senpai is a spirit?! and she was Princess all along?!" She shrieked in panic.

"SHUT UP! CALM THE FUCK DOWN!"

"How can I be calm that one of my senpais that I look up too happens to be a member of a race against humanity!"

"First off, that is a fair point, second that was racist and lastly calm the fuck down and let me finish my business before you notify your higher ups!"

"HAI! I'm sorry!"

"Actually scratch that don't notify your higher ups, and let me explain!"

This was going to be one long explanation.

FLASHBACK END

Yup she saw me as spirit by accident while taking a shit. What are the odds. Eventually she agreed to keep it a secret in exchange I made her my disciple. She was very eager about it since the last time we've seen each other in a battle related situation was her being down after getting pummeled against a DEM wizard.

I don't know much about Mikie Okamine since I didn't finish reading her manga spin off. But I do like her company and as a companion that could rely on.

"There's a very lengthy explanation to this, you guys!"

Shido and surprisingly Origami squinted there eyes in suspicion. Tonomachi looking kind of confused. I need this guy out for just a second.

I dug through my pockets and handed some money to Tonomachi.

"Do me a quick solid and fetch me a refresher by the vending machine, make that two one for you and I," That should keep him busy while I explain these two clowns.

"Tohka-chan, you're an absolute bro!" Tonomachi scampered out of the classroom leaving Mikie, Shido, Origami and I at our table.

Silent erupt but soon Shido spoke.

"I don't think, you can keep this a secret forever Tohka. Especially if Kotori found out."

Origami nods along with him. Because knowing the entire AST and Japanese Government they would probably be in the way of Origami's plans to kill all spirits in her hands and also my daily life as government guinea pig.

"I know, I know It maybe against the rules that I'm having a spirit to teach me... but ever since we faced off those triple SSS from DEM... I been wanting to improve on myself lately." Mikie reasons mainly on Origami.

I did give her some pointers when she was stuck on to that.

"Plus I was very surprised to know that Tohka-Sensei was actually Princess," She said.

"And what made you surprised about that?" I was curious.

"The fact that Princess was suppose to be ruthless and less merciful. It turns out to be the complete opposite!" She states.

This shouldn't surprise me at all. Shido chuckled while Origami added some information to the description that Mikie points.

"A moron and less intellect would have been a better way to describe her." Origami said as she chews on her food.

"Oi, don't just go making conclusion. I happen to be one of the top students only to be... below... you..." I'm fairly smart but, "You asshole!"

With one shout towards Origami I continue eating.

"Hey, Okamine-san?" Shido then remembers something.

"Hai! Itsuka-san what is it?"

"I think its for the best, that you don't tell anyone or even the AST about Tohka's... well..." He tries to word it out as he pointed at my dumb looking expression.

"I see what you mean, I did promise to Tohka-sensei I would keep it a secret!" She happily replies.

"Good! but if they decided to go inside your mind, then think dumb and shows your dirty thoughts!" I suggested. Even in another world going through people's head could be a thing. Cough, DEM, Cough.

Shido sweat dropped at my suggestion following Origami with her trademark poker face.

"EH?!" Mikie shriek in disblief.

"That way your thoughts about me being a spirit should be blockage from there, pretty slick of me right?" I praise my big brain move.

"I don't think it would help in one bit," Mikie comments with a nervous sigh.

Eventually we switch into different topics on our conversation. Good enough for the entire group is that Mikie adapted herself to this atmosphere.

Tonomachi came back with five drinks, what a humble friend.

"Yo! I initially was suppose to buy two drinks but figured the more the merrier! here ya go." Tonomachi then passes the drinks to each of us hen went back to his game.

It almost like nothing has change from that. I wish to keep this paste from ever changing. Oh before I forget, since Origami was probably talked out by her superior. She might have encountered Westcott and Ellen at the same time.

I should warned her now or never.

"Origami," I called her out. She had her poker faced towards me.

"What?" She replies with the same monotone.

"Do not trust a guy who wears all black suit and has both paled skin and hair." I tried my very best to not sound awkward, "And happens to be a CEO of a British industry."

Origami simply stared and took a bit of food from her bento as she chew then looked at me again.

"I'll take your word... just this once." She went back eyeing her food.

Mikie suddenly widen her eyes at my description but then decided to not speak about it.

Wonder why?

Timeskip

Arcade

As time went by school was over. I already had some plans to do after school, and that is head over to arcade with my buddies! Origami was no go because of house arrest and she wasn't in a mood to stalk Shido. Tonomachi... well he already has plans with his girl.

So basically it was Shido, Mikie and I were heading to the arcades.

Mikie decided to tag along because she wants to learn more about fighting against spirits and other wizards. I cannot give her 100% accurate information but I will give me some advice and pointers through my experience on fighting them.

We walked our way and at the same time had a small talk.

"So Tohka-sensei, how did you create your skills from your past battles?" Mikie questions my awesomeness.

Now that I think about it with that question, majority of the skills are not Tohka's original moves. I basically use my imagination and concentration to form those skills into reality.

"From my own mana, which is reiryoku. Why? are you planning on trying to perform one?"

Mikie looked a bit embarrass from that and shrug.

"Kind of?"

I see what she's trying to do.

We finally arrived at the arcade but something came up for Shido.

"Crap, I just realized were running low on food at the fridge. Sorry girls, I need to go grocery shopping. Maybe next time!" Shido runs off to a nearby supermarket at the shopping district.

Talk about odd and just abnormal that timing was.

I look over to Mikie who was staring through space.

"Oi Mikie!"

"Hai!" She snaps back.

"Wanna play some games?"

"Would I!" She said.

For most of our time here at the arcade we been playing out on co-op games. At the start we went for single players ones, then eventually decided to play separately.

To be honest the arcade wasn't all that crowded but there were skilled players that we've encountered so far.

Thus it got pretty intimidating... Like I mean literally... sure I've been to the arcade couple of times but not on daily bases.

First and foremost, I'm actually a Canadian soul and seeing these asian kids going all out, just because there good at a game makes me very be little.

This entire arcade is their hive!

This where they climb an enlightenment mountain for eighty years and consume nothing but tears of the tigers. Car racing, fighting games, and even the children were getting spit out of the womb playing like monks.

I mean look at this guy playing some kind of tapping game by the circles. How come Mikie is doing better?!

"This is fun, Tohka-sensei you gotta try it!" She beams with a smile towards me. I nervously nod.

Now moving on! I tried to keep my cool up so I decided to play this one game I'm familiar and yet completely surprised that it exist in this world. Tekken 2.

Not going to lie I'm mediocre at fighting games. Not really esport material but an average casual.

I insert couple of coins and the game begins.

Just for the story line I went for Heihachi Mishima. Time to kick some 1995 something retro game ass!

"Woah," This suddenly attracted Mikie's attention as she finishes her game and began to watch my gameplay.

First Match of the game.

ROUND ONE!

FIGHT!

I was dominating it with these combos. I even tried doing old school Wind God fist and still dominated the entire playthrough but...

V.S Kazuya Mishima

I heard from someone back in my old world that arcade version Kazuya is the one that will steal all of my coins. But I highly doubt that will ever happen to me. With these quick past rounds I finished I manage to attract a whole crowd.

"Now that is something! Look at her speed-running the entire game!"

"I wish, I could do that!" Another comments.

"HAVE MY GAME BABIES!" Hard pass.

These crowds are both annoying and a little bit of a confidence boost.

My game started as the Bot Kazuya was going crazy I tried to counter it with a Wind God Fist but was meet with a few hit combos. Which brought my HP down a little bit.

I tried doing my own combo and block some of his hits to get an opening, but that wasn't the case for a casual gamer like me.

You see it took me a few matches before facing Kazuya off here, to adapt myself to these joystick arcade controllers. I'm more a dual shock controller person.

Luckily with the spirit of origin on my side I managed to get the upper hand and beat Kazuya with a few spam hit combos.

Great now to the final ma-

ROUND 2!

Fight!

Oh boy... This might take some time...

Long story short, I did beat Kazuya and moved on to the final stage which was Devil and boy did that boss fight took almost all of my coins. The crowd were still watching my playthrough as they all witnesses my suffering.

This was my last coin. It felt like I lost hope right about now but then...

"You can do this TOHKAAA!!" I spot Mikie cheering for me. She was trying to boost my confidence. and it did.

I smirk and inserted my last coin in to finish this game off. Everyone in crowd were getting intense.

The screen emitted.

V.S Devil

Come on you old geezer, you can beat this demon!

Round One!

Fight!

Now this final attempt I tried is going rather smoothly than the other ones I've done compare Devil and Azazel from Tekken 6. Devil is rather a slight tough cookie to beat and I just notice I'm narrating like that one famous animator story teller girl on Youtube called Jaiden Animations. Eh.

Anyways back to the game. Devil was rather aggressive on my Heihachi as he was doing uppercuts and side kicks. But luckily with my suffering I managed to understand his hit patterns! Koodoos to my experiences.

Devil went for an uppercut but soon to missed which gave an opening to kill.

The crowd went wild.

ROUND TWO

Fight!

I tried to go for the same strategy and just try to give myself an opening but...

Devil went for a ground laser which caught me off guard. Had me paralyzed on the ground and then dived in for a low kick which brought my lose.

I hate this game so much.

FINAL ROUND!

Fight!

Here we go the final round! If I don't beat this then its game over. I must go all out and spam these buttons.

Went in for a demon uppercut following with Wind God Fist. Devil was near half HP until... It went for a barrage of combos. Which brought our health evenly on half HP.

I retaliate back with some counter hits which brought him at a low HP, that if gets hit one more time then it was my win.

But then this happens.

BZZZZZZZZZ

The screen of the game shows Devil flying up and did a laser attack but when I tried to dodge it by jumping back...

I got hit and lost.

YOU LOSE!

As the screen indicates and shows Devil's victory pose of shooting lasers up in the sky.

Continue?

I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS! I began to emit my reiryoku aura. Mikie notice this was trying to stop but was too late.

"SCREW THIS GAME! GOD BLOWS!!!" I erupted a punch directly at the screen causing to blow up to pieces on the inside.

CRACK!

Now the game was left with a hole on the screen and a huge crack.

The whole crowd sweat dropped at my rage game. I didn't care what they think cause I know for sure Ratatoskr will fix this one.

"I challenge any one of you! To boot up this shit and try it out for yourself!" I declare.

I turn my head around towards Mikie and decided to call it a day.

"Hey Mikie, lets get out of here!" I offer receiving a nervous laugh from her.

...

We were walking by around the neighbourhood the sun was beginning to set. This day has been rather stressful. I think its because of playing competitive games and studying for a mid-term exams.

But overall I've had a blast with Mikie here.

"Tohka-sensei, about your warning earlier at school. Are you hundred percent sure to not trust that guy who you described?" She ask.

I think she meant Westcott.

"Positive,"

"Then how do you know about this guy?" She was very curious.

Does DEM have wikipedia? wait the only thing they're a definition on the internet is that they are meant as a 'Plot Twist' or some sort in literature.

"Internet, Isaac Ray Pelham Westcott right? Damn his full name is mouthful." I said casually.

"Yeah, thats him... we did met him when Origami-senpai was receiving her punishment. But that vibe and aura. It doesn't feel right at all." Mikie thinks out loud.

That's good, don't let that fool get in to you.

"Hey you still work for the AST right?" I said.

"Yeah, I mean for the time being... I originally thought of joining your organization Sensei! But why?"

"Well, not to be that one guy who uses someone as source of information but I could use some intel on the other sides, these DEM wizards aren't someone to mess around with." I said.

Truth be told these DEM wizards are a pain in the neck especially Ellen Mathers my grandmother technically.

I really have no idea if I would have to rely on Tenka for this but time will know.

"Now that I think about it, the DEM wizards are bit of a screw loose, especially the triple-S units that was dispatch here several weeks ago." Mikie says knowing that something off about DEM, "Sure, I'll let you know when things get pretty dirty!"

I smiled.

"Alright then, stay strong! remember these words from me! work hard, study well, eat and sleep plenty! that is the turtle hermit way!" I gave her a peace sign following it up with very courage smile.

This bright up Mikie Okamine quite well as she raises her fist with determination.

"Hai!" She says, "Well its about to be late... Oh I forgot I was suppose to eat dinner with Tamae! Cya later Tohka-Sensei!"

She waves at me as she was ready for her leave.

"Alright, tell Ms Okamine I say hi!" I answer back with want last wave from her.

Oh well, looks like its time for me to hit the road and head home. I get the feeling Shido hasn't come home yet.

After a few more walks from couple of blocks away from my home. I finally arrived at the Itsuka household.

What day this has been. Alright! I already have things planned out for my evening which is eat, watch some available animes, play games and probably study and review for upcoming mid-terms.

As I walked inside of the Itsuka's front lawn I noticed a game lying on the ground. Wonder who could've dropped this and left it here an-

Wait what is this?

What am I holding here? A game for a console that is compatible to Shido's console at the living room.

This game was 'DATE A LIVE: RIO REINCARNATION'.

What? why is this game here? especially the game's time gap from today's canon story line.

Maybe I should play this and what not.

I get this weird ominous feeling like something bad is going to happen after playing this dating sim game. But that only happens in shows and animes.

right?

I headed inside the house and went straight to my room and clean myself up. I changed clothes into my blue tracksuit and took the game with me down stairs to the living room. Shido did say he'll do dinner and what time is it?

5:03 P.M

It seems I got time before he arrives. First of all it seems like I cannot run this game on my PC for some reason so I guess it leaves me no choice but to play it in the living room TV.

Yoshino who would usually drop by at my house would want to watch her soap opera here but it seems she got tied up into a marathon back at the mansion.

So I was literally free to play this with no awkward forth wall break. I had to disable the cameras around the house even the audios for my ear piece.

I really did not want any ratatoskr or even Date A Live characters to find out, that I've been playing this kind of game. It could probably bring off the balance of this universe. Unless Mio can fix that then yes.

Anyways let's open this sucker up.

I took the game disc out of the case and inserted into the game console. I turned on the TV and switch cable network to the console.

With the game loading in I head over to the pantry and grabbed something to eat. Like what Shido said earlier back at the arcade we were running of food stock. I grabbed a few crackers and chips along and walked straight back to the cough with the game finally on.

Before I even press the game surprisingly it literally said 'Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation' at the screen cover. I press it with my controller and now it began to load.

I notice the details of the loading as it shows Yoshinon and Reine's teddy bear.

then it shifted to a opening introduction of producers and other teams who made the game starting with !F Idea Factory, Compile Hearts, Sting, and then finally Silicon Studios.

The screen then shows a short of the game's opening as it introduce, everyone in post Date A Live II cast. It does not cover Date A Live III at all so... no Natsumi.

The TV then finally finishes its opening landing it self at the title of 'Date A Live Rio Reincarnation' with Rio in the title screen until it turned white.

Then came back again to the title screen.

But there was something odd about this game completely.

Why on earth, Rio Reincarnation title blocked and the game itself lock along with Arusu Install?? The only game I could play at this situation is Rinne Utopia.

What the fuck?!

Who and what kind of hacking fool would ever do this to a wonderful game!

Oh screw this.

Rinne-Utopia

{ {New Game} } Load Game

New game it is. I pressed it as the game began to load. This is actually the first ever time I've played a Date A Live dating sim game ever. But I'm technically familiar with the situation and the character just not with detailed ones.

Like I know in Rinne Utopia, we got Rinne who's the one behind all of this because of a paradise she wanted to make. Which is a very ironic thing to do.

The game has started it's narration with texts.

Spacequakes. unprecendented disasters caused by the mysterious beings, Spirits.

By accident thank you.

The first occurrence took place thirty years ago on the Eurasian Continent , killing 150 millions people. This event became known as the "Eurasian Sky Disaster."

We can all pin this on Westcott because technically he caused this by creating Mommy Mio. But dang maybe put his name there for the cause of the event.

I decided to fast forward these as they're pretty much summary of season one. But that last part about maintaining peace or so they thought. That's indication of Rinne-Utopia.

Let's get straight into this game finally!

But I was then interrupted by someone...

Of all timing works why now?!!

"TOHKAAA! I'm home," Shido's voice came in with probably bag of grocery that he shopped by at the super market.

Shido then walked in while I was playing the game... talk about awkward.

"Oh uh... w..welcome back Shido," I nervously laugh with him casually setting the bad at the table but was then suddenly curious about the game I'm playing.

"Eh? Tohka what are you playing? Is that a dating sim?" Shido walks to the living and sat the couch that was opposite to me, "And why does this CG have you inside the game?"

Right the scene is technically at the rooftop with this Tohka going on rampage with her spirit powers.

"Because... uhh..." Think, what kind of excuses should I use to fool this harem protagonist? "Ratatoskr made this game as a refresher training and I so happen to be playing it!"

Seriously that's the excuse I got?

Shido had a finger up his chin. Then notice the case of the game.

"Date A Live Rio Reincarnation?" He questions the game case, "That's odd it has all of us including these new faces... WAIT?! I'm the main character for this game?!"

He shriek in surprise. I kind of find this reaction hilarious.

"Well yeah, you seal spirits and get the girls. It totally make sense to why you are the protagonist." I snorted.

"Why can't the guys back at Fraxinus picked a different guy rather than me?" Shido says with a sigh.

"I don't know about that but im going to continue this game and try to get at least an ending." I said.

Shido however chuckled.

"Good luck with getting an ending if Ratatoskr made that game then it could take you at least a week to get one ending, and I technically suffered many times just to get a single ending on these type of games."

"Watch me!"

Shido then watches the TV as the scene shifts to Ingame Tohka about explode with her spirit powers out of control.

"Is it weird that this Tohka inside the game doesn't totally match with you at all?"

"Eh," I shrug, "I ain't worried too much about it."

With Ingame Tohka being almost ready to explode, this brought worry to Ingame Shido. As a CG of Shido's hand towards Tohka.

Shido:
TOHKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!!

Light emitted the entire TV, this however made Shido worried.

"Did I just die?!" He says.

"No way, you can't die at the start of the game." I reason with him.

"But my experience says otherwise!"

"Kotori probably rigged it."

This point suddenly made sense to him.

(As the sound Tohka's scream rang in my ears, my vision turned white, and my consciouness was severed.)

"See you're not dead." I pointed out.

The screen shifts into an image of some sort of dream world. Ruler the antagonist of the game was shown with her arms crossed. I notice Shido was staring at the screen very still.

"Hey, is she your ideal taste?"

Shido then snapped back from reality and shrug it off.

"Just continue already!"

I continued.

(...l'll always be watching you.)

"That's creepy,"

"No shit," I wouldn't like that if someone ever told me that.

(Huh...?)

(...Whose voice is that...?)

"It's the voices of that lady ingame me!" Shido shouts at the TV

(...I feel like I know it, But I don't...)

(There is... One thing I know for sure.)

(That voice was so warm... and filled with kindness.)

"Why do I attract a lot of girls around in this city?!!" Shido shrieks.

Maybe because you happen to be a harem protagonist that's why. It's probably the perks.

That dreamscape finally ended and shifted to Shido's room and with Ingame Tohka appearing. Now looking at this situation it felt weird for me.

"This feels weird," Shido comments. "Especially when you're all nice."

"What are you talking about I'm always nice to you!" I gave him thumbs up.

"You're totally missing the point!"

I shrug and continued...

As Shido and I played through the first bit of the game with Ingame Origami managing to sneak into his room. Shido and I had the same thoughts of Origami's stunt she pulled.

Additionally with him narrating about the about spirits and spacequakes with Kurumi and I appearing during that.

But then there this scene where Rinne appeared then disappeared.

"Who is that?" Shido ask.

"Well plot will tell us if we keep playing this game, you up for it?" Shido answers with a nod. he's eager and I'm very impress on how well he's taking this.

The scene then shows the usual morning but rather different if I do say so myself... You see our morning aren't as cheery as this one. We do in fact would have Kotori and Yoshino eating breakfast with us but that isn't everyday at all.

Shido then thinks to himself as he let out his thoughts do the talking.

"Is it wrong enough for me to say that I like the ingame Tohka rather than you Tohka," he says.

I flip him off.

As breakfast finishes in the game they headed out with Yoshino saying goodbye to them by the doorstep.

Tohka:
You're slow Shido!

"Okay, how come this doesn't change?" Shido ask.

"Because you're not a fast runner!" I said.

Shido:
Sorry!

Kotori:
Gosh, What were you doing?

Shido:
I asked Yoshino and Yoshinon to take care of the house.

Kotori:
I see. Be sure to speed it up next time.

"Even in this game Kotori is still Kotori," Shido says.

However this next scene will shift the mood for Shido and I.

Shido:
I'll be careful. Let's go----Hey wait!

Tohka:
Hm?

Kotori:
What's the matter?

Shido:
What is that!?

Shido with me was curious as to what Ingame Shido was pointing out.

"What is he trying to point." He ask.

"Let's see then,"

The screen shifts to Neo Tengu Tower scene if my memory serves right.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Shido said, "Okay that does look very other world material! hang on I'll be back for a sec..."

Shido then got up from the couch and ran outside of the house. He's probably paranoid.

Then returns with him catching his breath.

"If that ever shows up for real, Im going to lose it by slapping you across the face Tohka!"

"What why me particularly?" I ask.

"Because you're playing a very sussy game!" He points out.

"Okay, you're right about that one!"

With the game pointing out that it is Neo Tengu Tower, Ingame Kotori then explains that it was going to be the main attraction and symbol of Tengu City.

"If I manage to master your powers by now. I'm blowing it all up!"

Jesus Shido, whats got into you lately?

???:
SHIDO!

A voice came inside the game with it revealing to be Rinne Sonogami. The Shido with me stared with googly eyes.

With ingame Shido and the Shido with me staring like completely idiots. With a hint of concern from Ingame Kotori, Ingame Tohka was all casual.

Tohka:
Rinne! Good Morning!

Shido was like heart stopped when he heard her name. Dude are you by any chance lovestruck? As the game progresses, to the part when Ingame Shido said that Rinne Sonogami was his childhood friend.

"Feels like a fake memory about her background was implanted in mine, no in everyones including yours Tohka." He deducts.

And his assumption is rather a believable case.

As Ingame Shido went on with background about Rinne the game then turn black.

"I think its best if we stopped for now." Shido announces.

"But we haven't got an ending!"

"Actually it so happens that we have school tomorrow, Tohka!"

I grumbled. Fine...

I went to the save screen and saved. But when I turned off the game, Rinne appeared in a blink of an eye then smiles towards me before having the game completely shut down.

That is weird and I get the feeling a foreshadowing.

Shido then got up from the couch and head over to the kitchen to fix up dinner.

"Ah crap its already seven? well Kotori did say she'll be late tonight since paper works needs to be done with that Ifrit event. Want something to eat Tohka?"

"Anything is fine, my guy!"

With dinner finally figured out we ate, then headed in to our rooms to call it a day. Not going to lie it was pretty weird playing that game.

Especially when I'm Tohka...

'But I'm Tohka,'

I hear a disembodied voice. That's weird.

...

Morning, oh what way to start the day. I quickly got up and stretched my arms out but notice something different about my room.

I rubbed my eyes open to see a plain room inside my room along with a Kinako bread pillow next to me which I didn't own anymore since it got destroyed by Paperfold and I was too lazy to replace it...

huh a plain room inside my room...

WAIT WHAT?!

I got up from my bed started looking around. What the fuck! all of my stuff were gone. My PC, my bookshelfs with my mangas and light novels. Hell even my figurines and posters were gone.

I checked my empty desk's shelves to see if my phone was still there...

Aha!

it was I sighed in relief but when I opened it. It was different wallpaper that I had which means...

...

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY BELONGINGS!?

Was I robbed or something? Did Kurumi used her clones and shadows to steal all of them... Okay I don't think Kurumi is the type of person to steal an Otaku's treasure.

But this is a disaster!

I got out of my room and headed downstairs to see, Shido looking slightly confused, Kotori and Yoshino.

"Good morning, Tohka!" Kotori greets me as I wave back.

[What a lovely morning it is Tohka!] Yoshinon follows.

"Hai, Good morning Tohka!" Yoshino shyly answers.

I wave back at the two but wait this is odd. Aren't they suppose to call me Nee-chan at the end of my name every time they call me out.

This is weird.

What's more weird is that the game for 'Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation' was gone. Literally. I'm beginning to think that game was the source of this mess.

But I'm curious about this one.

"Kotori, I'm curious to why Yoshino is here in the house?" I ask politely. But however this causes Kotori to almost splitting her head in two.

"Not you too! I thought I went over this with you!" Kotori looked very annoyed.

"Umm, I forgot?"

"Well I can't blame you for that, unlike Shido here." She says as she face palmed.

Can't blame me for this what?

"Don't pinned it on me Kotori, My head feels a little fuzzy. That's all!" Shido retorts.

"Or maybe its because of what happened with you and Origami last night," Kotori points out something.

But wait Origami didn't come last night... Shido however was going to counter that but was a bit hesitant then decided to accept it and make an excuse about it.

Kotori didn't buy it at all. But we later then had breakfast as Yoshino, Kotori and I sat down at the table while Shido cooked breakfast.

I overheard their conversation about me going on a rampage of some sort. Hold on I did not.

Shido at first looked a little confused about that since he know for a fact that we were normal yesterday. But then he was deep into thoughts until his eyes widen but shrugs it off like it was some kind of dream.

"Seriously you two are acting very weird, this morning." Kotori is indicating Shido and I.

"Oh were alright you see," I laughed nervously.

"Whatever, its probably because you ate too much last night."

But I didn't eat anything that much last night. This is seriously starting me make look very curious. Shido was still cooking while I sat there all but confused. Like some person trapped in another world.

I mean I've already been reincarnated as Tohka, but this feeling is more weirder than never.

With Shido finished cooking we all dig in.

"ITADAKIMASU!" All four of us including Yoshinon chowed down.

...

With breakfast out of the way, and leaving Kotori and Yoshino surprised that I didn't eat that much. I head back to my room to change into my school uniform which I should have done when I first woke up.

Seriously this is starting to freak me out. Not just me but Shido as well.

As my clothes were ready and put on, I head back downstairs with my bag ready as Shido and Kotori were waiting for me. While Yoshino was by the doorway.

Kotori decided to head out first while Shido and I said our goodbyes to Yoshino.

"Be careful you guys!" Yoshino said.

"Of course, Yoshino you watch over the house alright?" Shido replies.

"Okay."

[Oh Shidooooo, be careful out there. I wouldn't want Yoshino to be worried sick about you.] Yoshinon being Yoshinon.

"Right, don't worry about it."

"Well, I guess we're off!" I said opening the front door with Shido.

"Hai! have a nice day!" Yoshino says her goodbyes.

Shido and I headed out and closed the front door. Kotori was probably a few meters away as Shido and I had the perfect chance to talk.

We were thinking the same thing as we huddled.

"Hey, so I'm not the only one seeing this right?" Shido said.

"Yeah, no kidding."

"Everyone is acting different... you don't mean we... no that can't be right." Shido thought of a conclusion but is doubting it.

"That were trapped inside of the game?"

"Baloney!"

"My room happens to be almost completely empty. You call that baloney?" I reasons with him but he's convincing himself that were not in Rinne Utopia.

"No way! Your room is literally always full with otaku stuff and have you notice its been smelling lately?"

Oh you been snooping into my room?

"Hey! that's rude!"

"And you know its true!"

I flip him off and got up and procced my way to school.

"Let's just get this over with come on!" I said, Shido follows me.

Kotori was waiting for us and looked very impatience.

"Gosh, what were you doing?"

"Telling Yoshino to watch over the house, what else?" I decided to talk over Shido.

"I see, next time speed it up will you?" She replies.

Oh my god she literally has the same dialogue from the game it cannot be pure coincide-

"Wait... What is that?!" Shido looked surprised and overwhelmed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What's matter Shido?" Kotori ask.

With no time to point Shido grabs my head and have him turn it for me towards...

...

...

...

...

"What the fuck." I said.

In front of from a far distant is at the city centre heart was a tower with blue roots surrounding it. It was Neo Tengu Tower.

"Tohka, LANGAUGE! Shido did you teach her to curse?!" Kotori sounding disappointed at her brother's influence.

"What do you mean, you've heard Tohka swear before right?" Shido replies to Kotori.

"Umm, no this is the very first time I hear her curse. Explain it for me." She demands.

Shido rubs his neck but then tries to get back to topic. This situation confirms it all but... something was slightly off...

"Later, first off what the hell is this?!" Shido wasn't wanting that filler shit. He wants straight answer right now.

It was good call, because we had to confirmed if this is really Neo Tengu Tower. Even it is, it doesn't hurt to confirm it.

"What is going with you guys? Tohka I can understand but Shido? have you forgotten our town's new symbol. The Neo Tengu Tower." She explains.

"It would have been better if they came up with an original name for that." I comment. Seriously how do people with sanity not find this other worldy bizarre.

Oh right Ruler. From what I understand in wikis she created this paradise world. Basically she's god... sorta.

"Neo Tengu Tower?" Shido says only once then shots a gaze towards me.

I feel a really aggressive aura emitting in him... thats not good.

"It was just finished, and still a hot topic. Supposedly, it's gonna open up in August."

"I cannot imagine that thing having floors on the inside. I mean literally looks like a complete root tower!" I comment again with Shido nodding about my understand about its structure.

Kotori just shrugs. But now that Shido and I notice that it wasn't all make believe, with one final confirmation a girl's voice suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Shido!"

We all turned around to to see a girl standing there. She has short, light pink hair, with part of her hair tied up in a braid. She has light brown eyes and is seen wearing a uniform with a sweater that has the logo of Raizen high school. It was Rinne Sonogami. Shido's ideal woman taste.

Shido was hesitant to ask who she was but remembers the game we played so technically he didn't forget about her.

"Oh uh... Rinne Sonogami right?"

Rinne looked at Shido funny.

"Ayo? Did you already forgot about me?"

Shido nervously shakes his entire hand.

"No of course not!"

"Good morning, sist- I mean Rinne!" I said. Technically she came from Mio which dubs her as my sister now I realized how incest this universe is. If you think of it like this.

"Oh good morning, Tohka-chan!"

"Rinne-neechan! Good morning," Kotori smiles.

"A very good morning to you too, Kotori."

Rinne then returns her gaze towards Shido.

"I've been waiting out here for while, for you guys. Shall we head to school?"

Shido just stood there it seems like he's in deep thoughts.

"Shido, if you're still sick. Then maybe you should stay home and rest." Kotori said with concern.

"I'm fine, no need to worry." He replies

Rinne however was alerted with worry about him.

"You'd better watch out on your health, okay? If you get sick on the summer, the heat might drag it on for a while."

"Thanks for the concern Rinne," He says.

But the moment he finishes those sentence, Rinne's eyes gazes on me and Shido. I felt like a broken a sweat from that look. As it look like she was inspecting if anything is going wrong in this situation.

"Hey Shido, I've noticed something, I shouldn't have..."

"Huh?" He says.

"Yeah maybe, it's not good."

"Please don't drag it on," He begs.

"Or maybe it's because we've been talking too much and were going to be late you guys!" I said, right before Rinne was going to say the same thing which had her eyes widen but then shrugs it off.

"Tohka's right, lets go!" Rinne said getting a head start along with Kotori.

"You guys go ahead we'll tail from behind!" Shido says.

"You sure about that?" Rinne double checks with Shido nodding, "Alright then, cya in class!"

Rinne and Kotori then got a head leaving me and Shido behind.

SLAP

Ow, what?! OWWWWWWWW

The hell he slapped me.

"Why did you slap me? Don't you have decency when hitting a woman, Shido!" I said holding my cheeks.

"Tohka, stop making excuse on woman's rights! That doesn't apply to me at all. I did it because your stupid ass game has got us trapped here!" He points at me.

"But we can still get out of here by getting the good and true ending!" I suggest.

"How though?"

"The game of the is Rinne-Utopia so Rinne is obviously the ticket to home, Shido!" I said with great info, "With my help we would be at home in no time."

"Yeah have Rinne to go out with me... like that's ever going to happen! HELP MY ASS! All you've done is caused problem to us! especially me! If I can trade you between Ingame Tohka I would have done it a long time ago and picked her over you!" He harshly points out with an pissed like tone.

I whimper with tears and retaliate back with me pulling his cheeks.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY THAT ITSU-TRASH!" But then he fights back with him pulling my cheeks.

ow oww noooooo stop it.

But he then stops and took deep breathes.

I rubbed my cheeks from the pain.

"Well we can't do much about it, I guess I have to date her."

"Yeah..." I kept rubbing my cheeks.

"Look I'm sorry about everything I said, I'm just frustrated."

Wait he can apologize? Eh, whatever I'm in the same boat as him.

"It's fine, I guess we should start running towards school since we're late." I pointed it out.

"WERE WHAT?!" Shido looks at his phone and notices the time, "Crap Rinne and Kotori are probably in their classes by now. Come one let's go Tohka!"

He runs off with me tailling him behind.

Now since we're in this situation it is best in foremost that we do not break character in front of Rinne, otherwise her spirit form would appear and resets the world. Basically rezero with Shido getting killed. If that's how it is depicted in Rinne Utopia.

But overall Shido and I are the only ones that handle this entire thing up.

Maybe it was for the best if I didn't play that game...

God dammit...

End of Chapter 17

This chapter was rushed and was not edit! :p

There we go a new chapter for the prologue of Rinne Utopia! Surprisingly its long as hell. I decided to do it differently compare to the other authors but so far I did a splendid work on it. Sadly I didn't do OVA 1 since I couldn't think of a way to chronically put in my story's canon.

Anyways here we are Rinne Utopia! But I will also do Kurumi Star Festival! after this arc. But this one might take some time. I did play Rinne Utopia!

Cya in the next chapter hopefully!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 790 30
A guy got reincarnated as Shinji Takamiya's sister after getting caught up in an explosion from a terrorist attack when he was walking around on his...
16.5K 342 14
In the Date a live universe, an average student Named Shido Itsuka had his life wrapped up in the responsibilities of sealing the spirits and gifting...
7.2K 251 20
Warning: +18 content and Lemon. Mio didn't die, and Tohka stayed with him. shidou finally had his happy ending, where his loving ones stayed with him...
2.8K 143 8
1000 years ago, a calamity befell the earth; the first space quake occurred. It is unknown how many died from it, but it is known to be at least 20%...