Nystrom

By SabrinaA_writes

[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes... More

Intro/Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Backstory
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Drawings
Chapter 4: True Colors
Chapter 5: Confusion
Chapter 6: Game
Chapter 7: Mysterious Boy
Chapter 8: Guilt
Chapter 9: Drugs
Chapter 10: Stronzo
Chapter 11: Angry
Chapter 12: Fucker
Chapter 13: Italian
Chapter 14: Mission
Chapter 15: Unusual
Chapter 16: Feelings
Chapter 17: Kiss
Chapter 18: Friend
Chapter 19: Tease
Chapter 20: Mine
Chapter 21: Yours
Chapter 22: Panic
Chapter 23: Silent
Chapter 25: Kissable
Chapter 26: Together
Chapter 27: Soaked
Chapter 28: Remember
Chapter 29: Oblivion
Chapter 30: Torture
Chapter 31: Love
Chapter 32: Again
Chapter 33: Mirror
Chapter 34: Broken Bones
Chapter 35: Babe?
Chapter 36: Breaking Down
Chapter 37: Punches
Chapter 38: Betrayal
Chapter 39: Imaginable
Chapter 40: My Crazy Boy
Chapter 41: Good Fucking Girl
Chapter 42: Smut?
Chapter 43: Ruin Me
Chapter 44: Murderous Couple
Chapter 45: Perfect
Chapter 46: Mommy?
Chapter 47: Crazy Ideas
Chapter 48: Beg
Chapter 49: Green
Chapter 50: Puke
Chapter 51: Copy And Paste
Chapter 52: Dangerously Addictive
Chapter 53: Ring
Chapter 54: Relax
Chapter 55: Destroy You
Chapter 56: Psychos
Chapter 57: Fever Dream?
Chapter 58: Fiancee
Chapter 59: On Your Knees
Chapter 60: Blushing
Chapter 61: Worth Living
Chapter 62: Me and Him
Chapter 63: Call Me
Chapter 64: Italy
Chapter 65: Written In The Stars
Chapter 66: Too Perfect
Chapter 67: Orso
Chapter 68: Persuade Me
Chapter 69: Home
Chapter 70: Dominate Me
Chapter 71: Only A Second
Chapter 72: Chaos
Chapter 73: Painful Truth
Chapter 74: Bitch
Chapter 75: Breaking Point
Chapter 76: Heart
Chapter 77: Awake
Chapter 78: Happiness
Chapter 79: Aftermath
Chapter 80: Ti Amo
Chapter 81: Revenge
Chapter 82: Whipped
Chapter 83: Dirty Mind
Chapter 84: Quiet
Chapter 85: Tattoo
Chapter 86: Tattoo Shop
Chapter 87: Wedding
Chapter 88: Anch'io Ti Amo
Epilogue

Chapter 24: Promise

124K 2.4K 3.2K
By SabrinaA_writes

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"My parents want to meet you,"

I stare back at Silas, not knowing how to react, "I didn't do something wrong, did I?" I interrogate, wanting to make sure that we were on the same page.

Silas chuckles, "Of course not, they just want to meet my girlfriend." He smirks and gives me a peck on my lips, "Okay, I'll meet your parents." I give him a subtle smile as the corner of his lips curves up.

"When exactly?" I ask, "In a couple of days?" He replies and I nod.

"But-," Silas' smile vanishes when I start to speak, he then gives me a spooked expression, "I didn't know you could play the guitar?" A sigh leaves his mouth and he rolls his eyes.

I put my hands up in surrender, "What? You never told me," He tilts his head, his familiar smirk displayed on his lips.

"You never asked me," He mumbles, "Play it for me another time, okay?" I point at him.

He gives me a lazy smile, "Sure."

His smile is so damn attractive, it's like all my concerns disappear after seeing him smile.

I bring myself back to reality and speak up, "I also need to tell you something," Silas hums, his thumb drawing circles on my waist.

"The Nystrom clan needs a new boss," I start and I examine Silas' face, his brows negligibly frowning.

"I told my mother that I wanted to do it," I finish and I instantly feel like a couple of weights have fallen off my shoulders.

Silas raises his eyebrows, his thumb stopped the circular motion, "You're the new boss?" My lips morph into a thin line while my head bounces up and down.

"You sure about it?" He questions and I nod my head yet again, "I am." I remark and he smiles.

"Then I'll have to support that decision," A smile lingers on my face after hearing him say that sentence, "So how should I call you now? Miss Nystrom?" He taunts, smirking.

I roll my eyes, "I mean if you want to." I chuckle and push myself off the kitchen counter, heading to the living room.

I spot the 6 boys and Mason sitting on the couch again. My eyes land on a blonde-haired boy with a camera in his hands.

I walk a few steps closer until I get a glimpse of the utterly stunning pictures on the camera.

"You took these?" The boy's head turns towards me and I bite my lower lip, "Sorry, I was just curious." I chuckle and he shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Leonardo, just call me Leo - but I already told you my name," He laughs, "And yes, I took these. Photographing is kinda my hobby." He adds.

"Kinda? Please, if I didn't know better I would have thought that your camera was your girlfriend," Rowan scoffs and Max slaps his arm.

Max raises his eyebrows at Rowan, "That wasn't a necessary comment," A scoff leaves Rowan's mouth again, "You're part of the mafia, don't pretend to be all kind and shit." Rowan stands up and walks out of the room.

Well, this man is on his period.

"So this is Silas' girlfriend..." A boy's voice abruptly talks from behind me, Nico appears next to me as he leans the side of his head on his hand.

"How did you meet Silas?" A voice questions, I turn my head to look at Elias, "He trained me," I smile and Elias nods.

"Did he like, threaten you to be his girlfriend?" Xavier whispers but then receives a gentle punch from Mason, Xavier hisses and holds his arm, "You almost punched me to death!"

I chuckle before Silas steps in the living room seconds later, his eyes narrow seeing his friends hanging around me.

"Why are you standing so close to her?" Silas points to Nico, who instantly takes a step back.

Silas slowly nods his head and walks towards me, "That's what I thought," My eyes roll back and Silas raises an eyebrow.

"Who wants to play basketball?"

Our heads snap in the direction of the voice, Rowan enters the room again and stands at the door with a basketball in his hands. They share a look and nod their head.

I scowl at Silas, "Seriously, what can't you do?" He chuckles and intertwines our hands together. Rowan opens the door as the rest follows him outside, we walk to the back of the house and I spot a basket on the wall.

I actually liked playing basketball in high school, it was and still is my favourite sport. I haven't played it in ages.

I back away from the boys and lean my back against a wall as I watched them play basketball. Silas' hand goes through his hair, messing it up.

And fuck, it looks hot.

I can't help but notice that Silas shoots the basketball in the hoop a lot of times, no but seriously what can't he do?

"Maeve, want to try and score?" Rowan challenges and I shake my head, "I'm good here, thanks," I remark.

Trust me I do want to play but I just don't want to outplay them.

A laugh escapes Rowan's mouth, "Don't tell me you're scared?" My eyes narrow at him and I sigh. I push myself away from the wall I was leaning on and head over to him.

I grab the basketball in his hands and position myself in front of the basket, I then take a few steps back.

I lean my back towards the basket and slightly bent my knees, I put my fingers under the ball and tuck my elbows close to my body. I then flick my wrist to the basket and release the shot.

The ball shoots in the air. And like that, I scored.

"Aren't you embarrassed?" Silas scoffs at Rowan, I laugh when Rowan flips him off. Then they start arguing like little kids, I shake my head and head over to the rest of the boys.

Max also shakes his head, disappointment showing on his face when he sees Silas and Rowen arguing, I lower my head to look at his sitting figure, "That was a good shot you made," He smiles, the sunlight shining on his face making his freckles stand out even more.

"Thank you, aren't you going to join them?" I ask and crouch down next to him, seating myself on the ground.

"I'm not in the mood," He answers and I nod my head, "I heard that you're the new boss of the Nystrom clan." He unexpectedly says.

I frown, "How did you-," He cuts me off with a laugh, "It goes around fast." I close my mouth and bob my head.

"Is that really what you want?" He questions, making me confused about what he's indicating, "Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but maybe you're doing it for the wrong reasons." He explains, almost like he could see right through me.

Almost like he knew what my intentions were, almost like he knew it from experience.

"Some do it because they just want power - others because they seek revenge, blinded by their anger. So, Maeve -" He stops, turning his head to look at me.

"Which one are you?" I stare at him in shock, my voice wasn't coming out of my throat. His words hit me like a bunch of bricks.

I don't know what I'm doing either, all I know is that I can't just stop the rage that's piling up inside of me.

"But I'm going to head inside now," He smiles and stands up, walking away from me like he didn't just say all these things.

I brush it off and stroll to Silas, who's now leaning against the wall by himself. I guess Rowan and the others also went inside.

I smile up at him, "I think I'm going home," He sighs and grabs my arms, pulling me closer to him, "Can't you just stay over?" He asks and I smile, looking up at him.

"I can't. I have to sign some papers for my mother," I reply and he nods, his hand travels to the back of my head, pulling it towards his face.

"Promise me you'll eat," His voice was dangerously low, almost like it was meant to be a whisper, "I'll eat," I respond.

But for him, it wasn't the answer he was seeking for.

"Promise me, amore." He mumbles and I reply, "I promise." His lips curve up after getting the answer he wanted, "Text me when you get home, okay?" I nod my head, reassuring him.

He pulls my head closer and puts his lips on mine, a smirk morphing on his face.

~ ~ ~

I get out of my car and unlock it, I grab my bag and rummage around, trying to find my keys. When I did I checked the car door once again, making sure that it was actually locked.

I approach the front door and put the key inside the keyhole, unlocking the door. I step inside the house, only to be embraced by the soundlessness.

"Kayla?" I call out but shortly slap a hand in front of my mouth when I hear multiple footsteps upstairs - my room.

I grab my phone and go to my mother's contact.

-FROM ME
Mother, are you home? Or one of my brothers?

I anxiously wait for a response back and when I do my heart starts to speed.

-FROM MOTHER
No. Me, your brothers and Kayla are getting the documents you'll have to sign. Why, is there something wrong, dear?

My hands began shaking and I grab the gun in my bag, also taking a couple of knives with me in case. I carefully walk up to stairs, hoping that they won't crack. When I reach the top of the stairs I again listen to the footsteps in my room.

I approach my room and hide behind the wall, I reach my head out to look inside only to see two men roaming around my room. Like they were waiting for someone - for me.

I inhale deeply before rapidly entering my room, shooting one of the men in the head. He drops on the floor as the other one snaps his head to look at me.

I shoot the man in his leg, a yell leaves his mouth as he holds his bleeding limb. He drops to his knees and I promptly spot the letter 'S' with a couple of trees that symbolize the forest tattooed on his neck.

'S' as in Silvius clan, a forest because Silvius means forest.

My whole body shakes as I pull out my knife and stab him in the shoulder, another cry escaping his mouth.

"What do you want from me?!" I yell, tears threatening to leave my eyes, "You already killed my father, isn't that enough?!" A tear slips out of my eye as I quickly wipe it away.

"Answer me." I demand, "Y-you already know w-what the Ambrose clan wants." The man stutters through gritted teeth.

"How did you enter this house?!" I question but no answers were leaving his mouth.

"Your clan killed my father," I repeat, realization hitting me, "You killed him and still think that I'm going to join the Ambrose clan?"

I stab him again, now on his other shoulder. A scream escapes his mouth again, tears spilling down his face. I don't even realize what I'm doing until I stab him over and over again, the anger was controlling my mind and my actions.

I yank the knife out of his body and stare at the blood coating my hands, a gasp leaves my mouth seeing the poodle of blood on my floor, hands and clothes.

I drop the knife and back away, my back colliding with the wall. I stare at the two corpses laying on the ground in terror.

My eyes repeatedly fell from the corpses to my bloody hands.

I hear the door of my room open and see my mother stepping in with my brothers and Kayla following her. Gasps leave their mouth as they watched the awful scene in front of them.

"They-," My voice managed to get out, even though my breath was stuck inside my lungs.

My mother hands my brothers the documents before crouching down in front of me, "It's okay, it's okay, dear." She reassures, pulling me towards her.

"Aaron get this cleaned up please," She orders Aaron as he obeys, calling some of our men.

I breathe in and out at a rapid speed, "Mom." I was used to calling my parents mother and father, that's just how I grew up. But I was in too much panic to even think about what I said. My mom softly smiles at me, like she was happy that I was calling her mom instead of mother.

"I didn't mean to- I just -," I didn't feel sad or hurt that I took a human's life, I felt terrified.

I'm terrified of myself.

I'm terrified of the person I'm becoming.

My mom brings me into the bathroom and washes my hands as Aaron cleans the blood and bodies on the floor. My mom hands me a new pair of clothes to wear and I do.

She takes me back downstairs as I seat myself at the table. She starts making tea that's supposed to calm my nerves right now.

She hands me the cup of tea and I take a small sip from it, making sure to not burn my tongue.

"You've never called me mom," She smiles, happy that she's having a normal conversation with me after all the drama, "I'm happy you did though," My mom adds.

I smile back at her until my face drops in shock. Dear God, please don't let Silas find out about this.

"Can you maybe not tell Silas about this? He'll freak out," I tell her, no but he's going to freak out and send a whole army to our house.

"Too late for that, my dear. Aaron already spoke with him." She chuckles, "But you and Silas, hm? Are you two?" She questions curiously and I nod my head.

"What happened with that boy - Ethan?" I almost throw up at the mention of his name, "We've broken up a long time ago, he's a dick." I cuss, trails of laughs leaving her mouth.

My eyes explore the documents laying on the table beside me, "Do I need to sign those?" I raise a question while she nods, "You can do it later if you want." She replies.

I grab a pen and start signing the documents, "It's fine,"

"So after you signed these you'll be the official new head of the Nystrom clan, but we're also going to arrange a ceremony next week." My mother explains and I stop writing, raising an eyebrow at her.

"A ceremony?" I say, disgust rolling off my tongue. Aren't ceremonies supposed to be boring and stuff?

"Not exactly a ceremony, you can call it a party." She clarifies.

That's more like it.

~ ~ ~

-FROM SILAS
Did they hurt you? Do I need to come over? I'm sending all of my fucking men to your house.

-FROM SILAS
You know what, fuck this. You're going to stay at my place.

I got more of these kinds of messages and at least 70 missed calls in the last
30 minutes.

This is what I meant by that he would freak out.

-FROM ME
No need to worry. I am doing fine.

-FROM SILAS
Shut up, I know you're lying.

I roll my eyes and ignore his messages. I head towards the kitchen and get something to eat.

I promised Silas.

I take a bite from my food, scrolling through my phone needing to look for a dress. Since I'm officially the head of the Nystrom clan my mother has started organizing a party - or ceremony.

However you want to call it.

"Miss Nystrom, you have some time for me?" Kayla's voice teases as she creeps up from behind me. I chuckled shaking my head, "Are you looking for a dress?" She queries.

"I am, even though I can't really choose," I bite my lower lip, trying to choose between plenty of beautiful dresses, "You want some help?" Kayla offers.

"Please?" I smile and I hand her my phone, she scrolls a couple of times searching for a dress she likes.

"Silas wants me to meet his parents." I start a conversation, leaning the side of my head on my hand, "Really? That's good news," Kayla keeps her eyes on my phone, still browsing.

"Yeah, it's just - what if they don't like me?" I fiddle with my ring, I've recently realized that whenever I'm nervous or either lying I'm always fiddling with my ring.

It's a habit now.

Kayla's eyes snap up, glaring at me, "You're serious? Who doesn't like you? You're the nicest person I've ever met," I broadly at her, she always has the best things to say whenever I feel low or not confident.

Kayla gasps, a smile forming on her lips, "What do you think about this one? I think it fits you," She turns my phone back towards me and I smile back.

This dress is gorgeous - but revealing.

And that's exactly why it's a great choice.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I'm backkk, how was y'all's day??? Mine was great, school ended earlier :)

Also, thank you for 200k+ reads! I still can't believe it! Thank you!! <3

What do you want to see more in this book?? [I promise smut is coming very soon!]

What did we think about this chapter??

- Sabrina A.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6M 774K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
35.7K 705 54
β™‘ MAFIA ROMANCE β™‘ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2023) #10 in enemies to lovers (8/6/2023)...
755K 14.7K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
567K 11.5K 33
He's known to be like the devil, that's how he got his name. A cold hearted killer. People vanish when they see his presence, but scream when they do...