Friends with the Football Team

By Just_peachy21

Book 1 in the "Friends with the" series Being the only girl in a male family is a little harder than it seem... More

Character aesthetics
1~ Greenhill
2~ Football Boys
3~ Sleepover
4~ Dinner with the Erickson's
5~ Football Practice
6~ Pickles
7~ Kenzie's Crush
8~ Snow Cones
9~ Mad Woman
10~ Pool Day
11~ The Great War
12~ Summer Game
13~ New Friend
14~ BaByQ
15~ Parent's Night Out
16~ Stargazing
17~ Never Been Kissed
18~ Road Trip
20~ Last Day
21~ Dancing in the Rain
22~ Happy Birthday Snowflake
23~ Good in Red
24~ Love at First Bark
25~ Surprise
26~ Laser tag
27~ School Shopping
28~ Drive In
29~ First Day of School
30~ Deep Talks
31~ #1 in My Heart
32~ The Fight
33~ The End
Bonus Chapter~ Date Night
Friends with the Frat!
10k!

19~ Beach Day

6.1K 86 5
By Just_peachy21

"It's time for the beach" I squealed.

The adults were packing all the food in coolers to take down to the beach. I already packed my beach bag. It had all the essentials in it ready to use. There was my sunscreen, tanning lotion, sunglasses, lip balm, my towel, an extra pair of clothes, portable charger, and baby powder.

We went out to the golf cart to take it to the beach. Dad was taking the kids, coolers, beach chairs and the umbrella in his golf cart. Micheal and Karla were taking Dad's car.

"We call the back!" Remi squealed and dragged me to the back of the six seater golf cart. I jumped in the back of the cart with Remi. Will ended up being the one who drove and Carter next to him. Cooper and Connor got the middle row.

It was a five minute drive to the beach and it was beautiful. It was a perfect day for the beach. It was breezy by the water which made it amazing.

We were the first ones out of our group to get there so we went to find a spot. It wasn't hard to find a spot. There wasn't a lot of people here yet, but it was fairly busy. We only walked around for a few minutes before we found a great spot for all of our things.

Dad wasn't quite here yet, so we had to stand our ground until he got here with all of our stuff. We started putting on sunscreen. I took off my shorts and t-shirt. My white bikini with boho stripes showed. I rubbed in what I could with sunscreen and let Remi do my back where I couldn't reach.

By the time we all got sunscreen and tanning lotion on, Dad and the kids made it with all of our stuff. Being the good children that we are, we helped set it all up. Karla and Micheal made it a few minutes later.

I made sure to drink some a water before going in the water.

"Last one to the water has to jump in the pool with their clothes on!" Remi yelled before we all fought to get to the water.

The boys were the first ones to get to the water followed shortly by Remi and I. The kids followed in after us. I'm not sure who was actually the last one there, but in that moment it didn't matter. We were having fun and the smiles on our faces showed it.

The boys began splashing us and we splashed back. We were all laughing.

"Raahh" Will grabbed my from behind and threw me into the water. I glared at him once I resurfaced.

"William" I yelled at him. He was laughing heartily.

"I'm sorry snowflake I had to" He laughed.

My glare turned playful and I slowly sneaked closer to him. I splashed him in the face. He picked me up and tickled me in retaliation.

"Okay okay truce?" I said when I couldn't take it anymore.

He set me down and put his hands up where I could see them. He gave me a skeptical glare. I put my hands to where he could see them.

"I promise" I smiled at him.

He rolled his eyes and we made a truce. We skeptically shook each others hands. I was trying so hard not to crack a smile. Will had already failed and broke into his perfect smile. One look at his smile and one broke out on my face no matter how hard I tried to keep it back. His smile was just contagious.

"Yo, Will, let's play football" Carter called from the shore as he walked to us. He threw the old football in the air and caught it again. They brought and old one so it didn't matter when it got wet.

"Hell yeah, I'm in" He smiled.

"Me too" I smiled. "Remi Come play with us and make it even" I begged her.

She looked over here. She looked like she didn't want to play with us. "I don't know, guys" She said skeptically. I think she preferred watching football rather than playing it.

"Come on Remi, you can be on my team" Carter tried to get her to play.

"Oh alright" She gave in and walked over to us.

We picked teams and it was me, Connor, and Cooper against Carter, Remi, and Will. We played for almost an hour.

"Okay guys. I need some water and I think we need to reapply sunscreen." I said as I tried to get back to our parents.

Will grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"One more play?" he pleaded as he held up one finger. The boys began to beg with him. All of them gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, one more play" I agreed.

We got in position. It was their turn to have the ball. Will was obviously the quarterback and I was his opposite. There weren't many rules like real football because this was purely for our enjoyment.

Remi hiked the ball to Will and I swam around to behind him without him seeing me. I saw that he was about to throw the ball to Carter. Before he could throw the ball, I jumped on his back, essentially tackling him. This caught him by surprise and he almost fell over. He held onto me thighs so I wouldn't fall.

"Snowflake" He said in a warning tone.

"William" I replied in a innocent voice, while still on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck to where Will was now giving me a piggy back ride.

"Did you just cause me to lose a point?" He asked.

"Maybe" I said sweetly.

In a second, he fell backwards in the water, making me fall back with him. I didn't let go of him and he came back out of the water. I squealed as I came back out of the water.

"Will" I squealed.

"Sorry snowflake that was payback." he shrugged.

I rested my chin on his shoulder. Even though I couldn't see his face, i could tell he was smiling.

"Can you take me up there?" I asked sweetly.

He let out a big over dramatic sigh. "Only because you're cute snowflake" He said.

My cheeks reddened at his statement, but thankfully he couldn't see my face.

The others already made their way up there when dad said that they had cut the watermelon. When we made it back to the parents, Will set me down on the towel.

"You kids having fun?" Michael laughed.

"Yes, Dad, I'm having a great time. Thank you very much" Will smirked as he took a seat next to his dad. Micheal threw his arm around Will's shoulders before bringing  Will's face into his chest.

I grabbed two watermelon slices and happily took bites into it.

"Okay so since everyone's here. Let's talk about dinner" Karla clapped. "So I was thinking that the adults go out to dinner and you kids go out and have some fun."

"What about us?" Kenzie asked.

"You can go out with the big kids or you can stay at the house. It's up to y'all, Ken"

She nodded in understanding. She started talking to the four littles with her.

"So how does that sound to y'all?" Karla asked us teens.

"I think that sounds great, Mom" Will smiled, while he ate a piece of watermelon.

I took a bite of my watermelon and the boys answered with a yes. Remi thought it sounded great a well. They all looked at me expectantly, like I was going to be the deciding factor. I swallowed my watermelon.

"Yeah that sounds great to me" I answered in agreement with everyone else.

After eating and reapplying sunscreen, we went back into the water. We were there for hours and it was absolutely amazing. I was with a best friends and family. The smile never came off my face, unless of course it was to evilly smirk at one of the boys.

We went back to the houses around four thirty to rest a little before we got ready for dinner.

"Ugh I'm exhausted" Remi fell to the bed dramatically.

"Yeah me too" I laid down next to her in the bed.

"I say we take a quick nap before we shower." She said.

I laughed. "I would agree with you but I'm going to shower right now." I forced myself out of the bed and to my suitcase.

I grabbed my stuff out of my suitcase and went to the bathroom that was thankfully attached to our room.

After I got out of the shower, I got dressed. I picked out a white shay cinched puff sleeved smocked crop top with a pair of high waisted denim shorts. I did my simple makeup.

By the time I finished my makeup, Remi had gotten out of the shower and got dressed. I started drying my hair and Rem started on her makeup.

It took about thirty minutes but Remi and I were ready.

She was wearing a white dress that went to mid thigh with ruffled tank top sleeves.

We walked out to the living room and the boys were waiting on the couch minus Will.

"Where's Will?" I asked.

"Right behind you, snowflake." I heard from behind me.

Cooper clapped. "Great so we're ready to go. We can take the gold cart around town, right?" He asked Will.

"Yeah. I'll grab the keys." He turned around and went back to his and Carter's room.

Will came back and we all went out to the golf cart. Kenzie and the others were tired so they decided to stay instead of come with us.

"So where do you want to go?" Will asked as the six of us piled in the golf cart.

We all shrugged. We didn't know where to go.

"I saw this place, Kody's, online. It has a mini golf course and a pool table." I offered.

"We are so going there" Carter said excitedly. Everyone else cheered in agreement.

I pulled up the directions and handed them to Will. I don't think it's that far from here. Will drove to Kody's. It was a two minute drive until we pulled into the parking lot.

"Can we get a table for five please?" Connor asked as we walked up to the host station.

"Right this way" The lady smiled. We followed her to a table by the pool table. "Your server will be right with you. Have a good night"

"Thank you" I called after her as she went back to the front.

The boys immediately went to the pool table and arcade games that were in this little corner. Cooper started playing Pacman with Carter and Connor and Will were playing pool.

"Hey guys, I'm Gabe and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get you lovely ladies to drink?" He winked at Remi. Carter saw this out of the corner of his eye and he was not happy.

He marched over here and I could see this wasn't going to end nicely.

"Hey babe, did you order the drinks yet?" Carter asked as he sat next to her and threw his arm around her shoulder.

"We were just about to I wasn't sure what y'all wanted" She answered with a blush across her face. I think she was developing a crush on my dear brother, but I couldn't know for sure.

"Boys, we're ordering drinks" Carter said. The boys all walked over to us and took their seats. Will sat next to me and Connor was on my other side.

I swear the guy's face paled a little bit. We all ordered our drinks and were all talking. We were having a great time. Cooper challenged me to a pool game. Of course, I couldn't turn down an opportunity to beat my brother at something else.

The guy came back and we ordered our food. He tried to hit on me this time and the boys immediately stopped him. To say it was funny would be an understatement because it was hilarious.

For the rest of the night, we talked, we joked, we played pool and mini golf, which I dominated at by the way, and we were just being teenagers, There were no worries about college or football. We were living in the moment and that's exactly how I liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 11.9K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
148K 3.7K 19
(BoyXBoy) Summer, when you're in school it's all you can think about. Being able to do whatever you want, not having to worry about studying or homew...
203K 2.8K 16
Age gap series #1 (WILL BE BACK WITH PART 2 SOMETIME SOON) ____________ Angel Thomas: An eighteen-year-old high school student who happened to fall i...
47.3K 623 38
Book 2 in the "Friends with the" series After a summer of fun with Will, Cora has to go back to her small town in Texas. She is bummed about her new...