Ultraya: Revival

By UltrayaSystem

The second book in the Ultraya series. It is 4013 AD. With the assassination of one of the Ultrayan Alliance'... More

Prologue: New Blood
Chapter 1: Unknown Enemy
Chapter 2: High Tension
Chapter 3: Planet Warturf
Chapter 4: Anmarina's Rage
Chapter 5: Protocol Charlie
Chapter 6: New Developments
Chapter 7: Desperate Situation
Chapter 8: Unknown Soldier
Chapter 9: Rebellion's Escape
Chapter 10: Deserved Rest
Chapter 11: Special Training
Chapter 12: Future Plans
Chapter 13: Heading Out
Chapter 14: Unit VAAI-G105
Chapter 15: Dramatic Change
Chapter 16: Scorched Earth
Chapter 17: Returning Fire
Chapter 18: Petrichor Air
Chapter 19: Pressing Matters
Chapter 20: Returning Memories
Chapter 21: Psykhodark Counterattack
Chapter 22: Vengeful Flames
Chapter 23: Status Report
Chapter 24: Spirock Village
Chapter 25: Heavy Warfare
Chapter 26: Purposeful Rage
Chapter 27: Another Nightmare
Chapter 28: Moonlit Waves
Chapter 29: Reflective Training
Chapter 30: Tidal Wave
Chapter 31: Something Odd
Chapter 32: Angel's Arena
Chapter 33: Pitiful Defence
Chapter 34: Mass Panic
Chapter 35: Last Line
Chapter 36: Fiery Skies
Chapter 37: Almost Time
Chapter 38: Night-Time Combat
Chapter 39: Final Moments
Chapter 40: Zero-Eight / Zero-Two
Chapter 41: Corrupted Night
Chapter 42: Exploding Night
Chapter 43: Starless Night
Chapter 44: Pure Hatred
Chapter 45: The Pilot
Chapter 46: Kira Destiny
Chapter 47: Truth Revealed
Chapter 49: Dark Awakening
Chapter 50: Nightmare's End
Chapter 51: Leaving Warturf
Chapter 52: Sudden Emergency
Chapter 53: Planet Lavamelt
Chapter 54: Three Duels
Chapter 55: Orbital Assault
Chapter 56: Spatial Collapse
Chapter 57: Rainbow Crystal
Chapter 58: Approaching Ending
Chapter 59: Connected Destinies
Chapter 60: Final Advance
Chapter 61: Last Stand
Chapter 62: Ancient Evil
Chapter 63: Dire Consequences
Chapter 64: False Deity
Chapter 65: Divine Assault
Chapter 66: After War
Epilogue: Faythian Network

Chapter 48: Towards Dawn

5 2 0
By UltrayaSystem

08/02/4014 AD – 03:00 – Warturf – Shorophrou Port – Main Hanger – Lyshaspeare

"IT'S! THREE! F*@#ING! A.M.!" Crystrx slammed her firsts into one of the control panels on the bridge of the Ultrayan Alliance's command ship. "Why are we not up in the air yet?!"

"Ma'am, we've cleared out all hostiles, but we are still gathering reinforcements to maintain the ship", a soldier replied.

"The ship only needs around twenty people to operate the thing!" Crystrx spat.

"Yes, but that's only for the controls, our primary weapon and the side rail guns", the soldier continued to explain. "Our artillery and anti-fighter turrets would be offline".

"Like a few Duacrits could take out the ship!"

"No but a few Duacrits could take out some important parts of the ship... like the side rail guns... or the main cannon... or you know... the bridge itself?"

"Okay, I get it! Just hurry up!"

08/02/4014 AD – 03:00 – Warturf – Skies Above Shorophrou Port

"It's three A.M.", Elimiphlaren told himself as a Carazstar in front of him was falling to the ground below, burned from the Angel's searing flames. "Everyone will start getting exhausted soon; adrenaline only lasts so long. Although, I imagine the U.A. got plenty of sleep in the day to last them through the night". He looked around and saw the Tri-Carazstar, "I better finish this off quick". He flew towards the linked ship and started to dodge the plethora of lasers that had begun to fire upon him. The Angel got close enough to the smaller turrets to blast them with devastating flames. Suddenly, he jumped backwards to dodge an orange beam of solar energy; Sollikarr had emerged from within the ship, wielding two of his signature solar rifles.

"You can't be serious!" Elimiphlaren began to laugh hysterically. "Shouldn't you be on guard duty on the other side of the planet?" Sollikarr grunted in response.

"Come now, those rifles have extremely limited ammo at night; only what they began with!" Elimiphlaren pointed out. "Five shots, maybe six or seven?"

"Well the moon IS just reflecting sunlight", Sollikarr bluffed.

"Oh come on; we both know that it doesn't work like that".

"Maybe I've upgraded it".

"If you had, you wouldn't have just told me".

"Maybe that's just what I wanted you to think; you are extremely predictable, after all".

Elimiphlaren summoned and aimed his Angelic Cannon at his enemy. But suddenly scorching fires hit the golden Wyperian from behind, catching him off-guard. Only then did the Angel-Quadria fire his cannon and deplete a fifth of Sollikarr's health.

"I confess", Elimiphlaren kicked Sollikarr across the burning metal skin of the Tri-Carazstar. "The old me was very predictable; misguided too. But now I have a purpose; my little girl will be revived!" He picked up Sollikarr by the head and slammed him into the wall, "And it will happen before you ever even get a chance to revive Hyperzio!"

Sollikarr's suddenly blurted out, "Shadow Ability: Solar's Carnage!" Elimiphlaren dashed backwards and shielded up, waiting for the golden glow of a sun. But nothing happened; instead, he was met with laughter.

"I've always wanted to try that!" Sollikarr stood and dusted himself off. "Saying the words 'Shadow Ability' doesn't mean that you are going to unleash it". He picked his rifle off the floor and aimed it once again at the Angel; a small energy blast hit Elimiphlaren's shield.

"No reaction to that?" the researcher started to get cocky. "Well then Shadow Ability!" Elimiphlaren braced himself once again.

"Just kidding!" Sollikarr quickly fired another two blasts of solar energy: one from each rifle. The orange balls crashed into the spherical shield; Elimiphlaren was losing a lot of shield durability thanks to the researcher's antics.

"Whaddya say Mr Eliminator?" Sollikarr joked. "Third time's the charm?"

'Two can play at this game!' Elimiphlaren raised his hand towards Sollikarr. "Shadow-" he was interrupted by a volley of missiles, sent from a squadron of strafing Mylialta. His shield had shattered and a fifth of his health had been removed. Smoke obscured his vision.

"You know, we are currently fighting on the Tri-Carazstar!" Sollikarr appeared above him and swung one of his rifles, in hammer mode, at the Angel, knocking him off the side of the ship. He then jumped above and fired a powerful blast from his second rifle, sending Elimiphlaren crashing into the hanger.

There was a brief period of silence as the red-armoured Wyperian stood up and looked around the room: pilots and engineers pulled out their Sirbus handguns, soldiers waiting to board Heygrasaults equipped their Mulrias, and four turrets lowered from the ceiling; everything was pointing towards the dazed Elimiphlaren.

"Open fire!" Sollikarr commanded as he hovered over the entrance to the hanger. At once, all of the Alliance crew present unloaded their weapons. With no shield, Elimiphlaren was forced to expel as much fire as possible in an attempt to disintegrate the incoming bullets. This manoeuvre was largely successful, but it could only last so long. Sollikarr vented his remaining solar energy into one last blast from each rifle and fired upon his target. The energy beams cut straight through the wall of flames and knocked the Angel out of his hiding spot. Bullets pierced the top of his helmet, shoulder, lower torso, sides of his legs.

"Tsk, you're not the only one with projectile weapons!" Elimiphlaren deployed opened up his left shoulder and fired a barrage of micro-missiles. His right shoulder also opened to reveal two small calibre guns. Finally, he drew his MLRHD-C: a customised variant of the A.E.R. assault rifle. He focused the above armaments on the Alliance soldiers on the left side of the hanger whilst he spawned flames to deal with the right side. Despite earning himself a decent number of kills, he was still being overwhelmed and was forced to use his feathery wings to block the otherwise-fatal kinetic gunfire; his health gauge was going down at a terrifying rate.

'Damn it, what other options do I have?!' he panicked.

"Heh, no way out now, ay?" Sollikarr said to himself with a devilish smile.

"Shadow Ability: Thermal Glazing!"

"Oh crap!" Sollikarr jumped out the way of the attack... but it wasn't aimed at him; the attack instead struck Elimiphlaren, encasing him in a thick coating of fiery energy.

Soon after, Flaymaclaze flew into the hanger and used his powers to amplify the flames within the hanger, "Ria Ability: Focus Fire!" Screams cried out as the fires roared upwards and then collapsed onto soldiers, draining their health, reverting them to Human form, and then turning their bodies to ash.

Sollikarr looked around in shock at the melting puddles of metal that had replaced his comrades, "I'm gonna go ahead and assume you didn't miss with your Shadow Ability..."

"See for yourself", Flaymaclaze laughed. Sollikarr complied with the suggestion, looked towards Elimiphlaren, and flinched. The few remaining brave soldiers of the Alliance that were still firing upon him were doing so in vain; the glazing was acting as a shield whilst the fire damage had no effect on him.

Sollikarr grunted as the middle section of his shoulders extended upwards as well as the middle section of his lower legs extended outwards; all four of the sections revealed three missile tubes each. Twelve small missiles were launched at the pair of Angels; Flaymaclaze sent a wave of flames to intercept at the very last second. Bullets suddenly pierced the red armour of the Deltricia; more Alliance soldiers, ones that were more heavily armed, had arrived as back up and resumed their kinetic assault. Elimiphlaren prepared fireballs to deal with them.

'It's now or never', Sollikarr thought. "Shadow Ability: Solar's Carnage!" a golden sun appeared within his hands. The attack was aimed just below Flaymaclaze as a direct attack would catch his soldiers with the outer wave of destructive solar energy. The sun exploded into a beam and rings of energy arced in and out of the beam.

'Damn that's the real one!' Elimiphlaren pushed past Flaymaclaze. "Shadow Ability: Flames of Elimination!" he launched his own fiery beam towards Sollikarr's. The two orange abilities clashed into a struggle, each one trying to overwhelm the other. "What's going on?! My attack should completely negate yours! It reduces power to zero! That's what it does!"

"Not if I constantly supply power into it!" Sollikarr explained. The two attacks finally succumbed to the build-up in power and blew up in a golden explosion of blinding particles.

"At this rate, we're going to be done for..." Flaymaclaze concluded. His right arm started to glow, and a red contraption spawned out of thin air. It comprised of a trigger held in his hand and a long barrel that ran down the back of his arm. He pulled the trigger and from the barrel fired a small cylinder. He then released the trigger and the grey cylinder exploded, producing a precise, straight line of flames that drained a lot of health from the Alliance soldiers on the balconies overlooking the hanger. Flaymaclaze's weapon seemed to have no need to reload as it immediately fired a second grenade. This time when it exploded, the fire came out in a perfect circle and struck multiple targets once again.

'This must be his Delta Item', Sollikarr activated his scan visor. 'Hmm, 'Geo Fire'; a grenade launcher that can fire incendiary capsules that will explode into a chosen shape. Seems kinda random'. "What's the point in that if he can control flames anyway?"

"Because this doesn't require any effort!" came a snappy reply from Flaymaclaze as more grenades sprinted towards the researcher.

"Seems perfect for you then", Sollikarr mocked as he dodged the flames and took aim once again with his twin solar rifles.

"Oh please, we both know you are out of ammo!" Flaymaclaze spat.

"Oh? Then stay right there then", Sollikarr smiled innocently as two enormous blasts of energy hurled towards the pair of Angels; they were forced to shield up, but the blasts were too mighty, causing their energy barriers to shatter. "My Shadow Ability is a blast of solar energy; it charges my rifles at the same time!"

"Damn it all to hell!" Flaymaclaze grabbed Elimiphlaren's wrist and pulled him out of the hanger. "We're out of time! All A.E.R. forces, retreat!"

"About time", Sollikarr stowed his emptied weapons on his back and watched the birdies fly away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 1.9K 24
Long ago 555 years ago a great disaster stroke Earthland. Nearly all life was destroyed those years ago between the battle of good and evil. This war...
320K 13.7K 63
After an encounter with an archangel, Claire Hill, or more aptly known as the 'Ice Queen' by the rest of her peers, is sent to another world. With a...
40.5K 551 18
A story of hope and brotherhood, a story of ever expanding light and newly birthed darkness. When the people of Falmart find themselves in a wider, f...
41 10 17
EPIC CONQUEST THE NOVEL tells about an event that happened hundreds of years ago there was a crack in the sky. The rift seemed to be a dimensional g...