The Alpha's Little Runner

Door ComposedMayhem

Madelyn Rivera was kidnapped by rogues when she was only 15 years old. Her pack was attacked and everyone was... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Author Note's
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW STORY!
NEW STORY NOW UP!!!!

Chapter 24

20.6K 506 73
Door ComposedMayhem

In this chapter, Maddy does speak about briefly about what happens. She doesn't go into much detail but still wanted to give a warning.

**********

I woke up to the sun shining into the room. I blushed as the memories of last night came flooding back to me. I turned over and saw Marcus looking at me. "What are you looking at?" I asked while stretching my body. "You."

I giggled at his words while sitting up and turning to him. "Well, I would love to lay in bed with you all day, but I am starving." I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss before jumping up out of bed. I went to the bathroom and did my business before brushing my teeth and throwing my hair up.

I walked out of the room and into the closet. I changed into some jeans and a loose-fitting shirt. I slipped on some sandals before coming out of the closet. "Come on slow poke," I went and pulled Marcus from the bed. I waited for him to get ready.

In a few minutes, he was ready, and we made our way down to breakfast. Once we got our food, we took our seats at the table. "Well, congratulations you two." Everett was smirking at us over his glass. Marcus laughed while I blushed.

We continued to eat breakfast while making small talk.

"Baby, there is actually something we have to handle when we are through," Marcus looked over to me. I nodded going back to my food. I knew it had something to do with the last night at the Luna ceremony.

We finished breakfast and headed to the office with Everett, Sam, and Bryan.  Whatever happened must have been serious. Once in the office, we all took a seat. Marcus reached over and got what looked to me like another note out of his drawer.

I eyed it carefully, nervous about what it said. I already knew who it was from. The person I have been running from. "There was another note yesterday. It was addressed to you again Maddy." Everett said handing the note over to me. I looked at the front seeing Little Runner on the front.

I opened it with shaky hands. Everyone in the room was waiting for me to read the note. I took in a breath before opening the letter and reading it.

Hello Madelyn,

You know I must say I am growing rather tired of having to wait for you. I miss having you around. After all, you did run when you were supposed to come see me. You look like you have grown rather comfortable being there. I have been watching you since the last letter you got. You looked absolutely stunning at your Luna Ceremony. I didn't know you could look so beautiful. You looked like you were having fun running around with all those kids tonight.

I will be in touch soon. I won't give you a choice but to come with me. I will take you away from everything that has given you happiness. By the way, that new nephew of yours is adorable. I would watch out for him. You wouldn't want anything to happen to him now, would you?

Until we meet again.

E

My hands were shaking, and I was crying by the end of the letter. I hadn't noticed Marcus was sitting next to me and holding me till Everett took the letter from me. "May I read it aloud?" I nodded my head too afraid to speak.

Once Everett finished reading the letter, Bryan was furious. He had threatened Luka. I was so scared of what might happen. Marcus was trying his best to not lose his temper. He was trying to comfort me while I cried.

The guys were all talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too consumed with my thoughts to listen.

I stayed sitting on the couch thinking about the letter and everything that has led up to this point. Marcus and the guys were trying to come up with a plan to figure out how they were able to watch us and not be caught. I knew I needed to tell them more about who he was.

I pulled myself from my thought and looked over to the group. "I think it would help if I explained who it is that is looking for me." They hung onto every word I was saying.

I took a deep breath knowing talking about it was hard for me.

"The only thing we knew was that he went by E. We were never told his name just that he was the leader of the group of rogues that took us. We were all scared of him. If you went to see him, you usually didn't come back conscious." I swallowed down the lump in my throat before continuing.

"I was there for a long time before E finally wanted to see me. I hadn't tried to run for a long time since they had broken my legs. They had just healed when they took me to see him. I still fought against them. He laughed when they opened the door to take me in. I was thrashing against their hold. I learned after that day why none of the girls liked when they had to go see E. He would do the worst things to us.

I fought against him every time and that's why I became one of his favorites. He is the reason for most of my injuries. I would go and see him two to three times a week. I had just enough time to heal before going to see him again. I knew I saved a lot of girls from his wrath and that's why I kept fighting back. I knew if I quit and just let him do whatever he would lose interest. He liked the struggle.

The day I escaped I was supposed to go and see him. I am sure he is very angry I got away. I told myself no matter what happened that I would rather die than have to go back and face that monster."

I finished off the story to the guys. I was a crying mess by the end of it. They all looked angry but also sorry for me. Marcus quickly made his way to me and pulled me to him. "Promise you won't let him take me." I cried into his chest as he held me. "I will do everything in my power to not let that man take you. I promise." Marcus smoothed my hair down not letting me go. I took a few minutes to gain my composure.

"Do you happen to know where their base was?" Everett was the first to speak after a few minutes. I thought about it for a while. I always made sure that I stayed away from the area where it was located. I never thought to tell them where it was because I thought I was safe. "It is the to the Northwest of here. I always made sure I stayed away from that area at all costs. I thought I was safe here and wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. That is why I never mentioned it before." I said looking at Everett.

I looked up at Marcus, "Do you have a map of the country?" He nodded and went to a cabinet and looked before pulling out a map. I walked over to the table and looked at the map. I grabbed a pen and circled the general area I knew it possibly was located. "This is the general area. I am not sure of the exact location. I knew it was in the middle of the woods. I ran for two days before coming across anything that seemed like a town. It is probably around a four to five-day run from here." I sighed realizing I had run around the southwest area for the longest time. If I had run to the southeast, then I might have found my mate faster.

I shook the thought from my head. I knew everything happened for a reason, and I wasn't going to question why it took me so long to get to Marcus. "This is good. Maybe we can surprise attack them before they know anything. There is a pack that is about a two-day run from that area. Maybe you could talk to the Alpha of the area and see what he knows." Everett pointed out.

Marcus thought about it for a while, "I think you might be right man. I will make some phone calls to see if the Alpha will host us for a day or so before we move in. I also want everyone who is willing and able to fight to train more." Brian nodded his head and started to work on a schedule with Sam. "I would also like to join the training. I want to be able to help."

Marcus turned to me, "You will not be going with us." I stared at him. If he thought he was going to keep me from helping, then he was wrong. "I will be going. I know that place better than any of you. I am going to go and help all those women that I promised I would help. I love you, but you will not stop me from going and doing this." I was angry that he thought he was going to tell me I couldn't do it.

Marcus went to tell me no again before stopping. I could tell he was conflicted with his options. "Fine, but you will stay by my side the inter time." Marcus huffed out crossing his arms over his chest. I nodded my head before looking back at the map.

I was amazed at myself how much land I had covered while running. I ran my hand over all the areas I had been to. "You really did travel a ton didn't you," Bryan was standing next to watching me trace my finger. I smiled sadly at all the memories from running. "Yeah, I guess I did," I said lowly.

I knew that running was my only chance at making it in the world. I realized that I was getting tired of running when I stumbled upon Marcus' pack. There were times when I just wanted to give up.

I looked up and made eye contact with Marcus. I smiled at him before looking back down. I am glad I kept running.

**********

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I am glad Maddy was able to get that off her chest about E. Until the next chapter!

Who is someone you would like to see in concert?

I would love to see Ed Sheeran. I am waiting for the next tour dates.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

*Edited*

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2M 43.2K 37
Samantha Carter had a huge crush on Lloyd Crawford, the next in line as Alpha of the Crescent Wolf Pack. Who wouldn't fall to this gorgeous looking g...
531K 13.7K 33
Aubree Bradford has just been moved across the country with her pack, the Silver Moon Pack. She's the daughter of the Alpha of their pack. Aubree enr...
7.9K 1K 22
"I want to let them know that they can't have you, I want everyone to know who your true mate is." ...
6.3M 181K 40
Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in her pack, as people usually walked all ov...