ANDROMEDA; obito uchiha

By -XninaOX

┗━•❃°•°❀𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀❀°•°❃•━┛ "𝗧𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆... More

ANDROMEDA
ARC I. a poet's tragedy
一┃ dull eyes
二┃ flower crowns
三┃ kakashi hatake
四┃ the academy
五 ┃ forget me not
六┃ graduation
七┃ team seven
八┃ bell test
九┃ anger?
十 ┃ chunin exams
十一┃ emotions
十二┃ calm before the storm
十三┃ departure
十四┃ the storm
十六┃ yume's ninja way
十七┃ still alive
十八┃ small talk
十九┃ hidden schemes
二十┃ hell
二十一┃ the tale of yuuto uzumaki
ARC II. once more i see you

十五┃ mending relationships

514 31 0
By -XninaOX

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,
Mending Relationships

Months have gone by ever since that day, the Kannabi Bridge...

Yume hasn't uttered a word.

For the first week, Yume remained in her room and the forest for training. She's more quiet than ever, as if her presence wasn't there anymore, like a ghost.

For the past months, all Rin has tried failed completely. Kakashi and Yume always go separate ways, Kakashi avoids them both while Yume pays no mind to either of them. She felt lonely, she was a part of this team like they were... so she was not giving up.

She was able to corner Yume, who had a neutral expression on her face. Her hair was much longer, including her bangs, now being held from her face by the familiar hairclip, the one he gave her.

Yume stopped wearing her signature braid and now switched to a regular ponytail.

Her eyes seemed so different in Rin's eyes, there wasn't anger or sadness lodged deep within them, just a blank canvas, "Yume? Are you listening? I was wondering if you wanted to visit the monument with me. I know you haven't visited it."

Ever since they placed a Monument regarding all the fallen Shinobi, including Obito, not once has Yume visited the site.

For the first time, Yume's gaze fell to her own for a split second, the girl bowed respectfully and walked away. Rin frowned, "No? Oh, okay."

The team was disbanding, leaving her to pick up the pieces.

"Rin! You alright?"

Rin looked behind her, Asuma and Kureni walked up to her, she smiled softly and rubbed the back of her neck, "Yeah! I just... Yume."

"I heard she's going through a tough time. Kakashi too."

After they came back from the mission, Kakashi avoids the two girls at all costs, especially Yume. A look of deep guilt could be seen from miles, a deep regret harbored directly towards Yume.

"The team is breaking apart, we don't even train together anymore."

Rin sighed and rubbed her eye, a look of determination set on her face, "I know they want to be left alone, but I don't want them to isolate themselves, he wouldn't either." Obito was the bind to the team, the cord that connects everything. Even if it wasn't apple out loud, Obito was a vital part of Team Seven, the part that brought all of them together. It was torn now and it would take a lot of time to fix the tear.

"Then, keep fighting for them Rin!"

"Yeah, you must be in grief too."

She is.

After the mission, she fell into the same dark abyss her friends were still in. However, a part of her spoke to her that made her swim back up. She nodded, "Yes, Obito was my friend. He meant a lot to us."

"Keep doing what you're doing! "

"Yeah!"

Rin dropped her gaze to notice Kakashi and Yume right in front of her, going separate ways, "Yume, Kakashi. I won't give up on you two. I will not let you drown!" A new found sense of courage and determination is set inside of her, she'll help her friends out of the deep water, or better yet, teach them how to swim.

┉┈ ◈◉◈ ┈┉

"Kakashi! Would you like to come with me? To visit the monument!" Rin's smile sent needles into his heart, he looked away, not being able to meet her in the eye.

He spoke, quiet and fragile enough that only Rin could hear, "Rin... how are you able to smile? How are you still going on with a bright attitude?"

Rin's smile never faltered, she reached for his hand, "Because, I know he wouldn't want you guys to be sad, especially Yume. Have you told her what he said? His final words to her?"

He shook his head, "No." A part of him wants to beg Rin to tell her instead, he would be out of place. It was his fault, he was the one to lead Obito to his death. He should be the last person to deliver those last words. Rin hummed and stared at his hand that was limp in hers, "You should, it could help her. It could help you too, Kakashi."

He shook his hand and harshly pulled his hand from her, starting to walk away once again, "I am the reason for his death Rin, it was all my fault."

"If I'd have looked up or moved faster, then Obito wouldn't have needed to save me. Costing his life. It is all my fault. I'm the reason for her suffering..."

Rin's eyes widened, she took steps closer to him, "That's not true Kakashi! He didn't die at your fault!-"

"Rin. For now please leave me be," he stopped and tilted his head to her with full seriousness, she sighed and stepped back. Looking back in front of her, he was met with the recognizable scarlet hair. She walked right across from him, not sparing any glances.

"Yume," he whispered under his breath, his feet dug into the ground as his eyes widened at the sight of her. He looked away and continued the opposite path, shame drawn into his face, "I'm sorry, I couldn't save him."

"I need to tell her, soon," he whispered under his breath. Kakashi knows it's not right to keep that information away from her, his final words. He promised Obito. Yet, his body can't even be within three yards of her.

He's pathetic.

From afar, he looked back to the redhead, and she made her way to a noticeable green spandex kid. Yume tapped his shoulder with her pointer finger, making him turn all the way around.

"Yume?" Gai stared at the violet-eyed beauty in curiosity as she lifted a small notebook to his view. Since she's become quiet, Yume resorted to her old ways, writing in a small notebook that was given to her by Kushina when she was smaller. In the page she pointed to, it had neat writing in the center:

I would like to train with you, in taijutsu.

He smiled and hops high in joy, "Alright then! When do you want to start?" Yume hummed and started writing in her notebook, showing it to him again:

As soon as possible.

As they converse in writing and words, Hatake watches from afar. He doesn't know why he watched them, why he stood there until their conversation ended. He stood there until the violet-eyed girl was out of view, his body began walking in the other direction. He confirmed something in his head, something he knew all too well.

Yes... Kakashi Hatake is a coward.

┉┈ ◈◉◈ ┈┉

Yume held a grocery bag and headed into the Uchiha Clan. Ever since his passing, she's been visiting his grandmother more often, nearly every day. She didn't want the old woman to be alone, that's the last thing she would want.

In front of her, a familiar ravenette woman waved her over in glee, Mikoto Uchiha. Yume knew her well since Kushina spoke highly of her, and often took Yume to visit. It's been a while since she saw Mikoto, the last time was when she was pregnant with her first child, Itachi Uchiha.

She remembered clearly when she met the baby, he was tiny and peaceful. The boy should be three by now, only a few years left until he is permitted to go to the academy...

In her notebook, she wrote a small message for Mikoto:

Mikoto, how are you?

Mikoto grinned and stood in front of the girl, "I should be asking you, have you eaten?" Kushina has informed her of Yume's loss, and many of the Uchiha knew about the death of Obito Uchiha, the black sheep of the Uchiha Clan. Many chose to ignore it, even her husband paid no mind to it.

Yume wrote in her notebook again:

I'm going to visit someone.

The boy's grandmother, Mikoto presumes. Many people in the Clan chose to distance themselves from her, especially when she took him in. Mikoto could remember the numerous times her husband, Fugaku Uchiha would scold Obito. The Clan deemed him as a failure, not sparing a glance at his accomplishments, his dreams and even his death.

Mikoto motioned to her home, it was warm in the middle of fall and she had just cooked, "Come, you can visit them soon. I won't take no for an answer." Yume stood there, contemplating for a moment before nodding and following the woman.

"My husband should be away until the night so make yourself home, food will be in just a minute!" Mikoto strolled back into the Kitchen, finishing the soup she was cooking.

From the living room, Yume sat and waited calmly. She focused on the sounds around her, her fives senses and ignored her own thoughts, she never liked being in her mind nowadays. However, something disrupted the quiet atmosphere, small patters that came directly to her. Her eyes opened and her head turned to the side, a small boy stared at her back.

"Hello," he said in a small voice. He was tiny with dark hair and eyes. On time, Mikoto came into the living room with a warm bowl of soup for Yume, smiling at the children's curiosity about each other, "Oh! That Itachi, you haven't seen him in a while right."

Itachi Uchiha, Yume didn't think babies could grow this fast, he even spoke to her. In her first opinion of the small boy, she'd say he was tiny. For the first time in a while, she smiled genuinely at the boy. He seemed a little quiet, like her, filled with curiosity.

The three ate dinner in silence, Mikoto broke it a few times to talk to them both about their day. The three-year-old would speak in an incoherent order of how things transpired while Yume would just pass notes. However, in a small subtle atmosphere, Yume and Itachi silently began their own conversation, doodling little drawings in her notebook.

The boy followed Yume when she went to their backyard, sitting on the wooden floor just by the door. He watched her silently as she stared up at the sky, searching for something. Itachi didn't know what she was searching for, but it seemed crucial to the girl, her expression said it all. Although he couldn't see her eyes or face, the way her boy stayed in that position drove the boy in tunnels of curiosity.

He silently went up next to her and sat down, looking up with her, wanting to help her search. For some odd reason, Itachi wants to help her.

They sat next to each other for some time until Yume felt a small figure lean on her shoulder, Itachi fell asleep. He peacefully slept on her shoulder, too tired to continue stargazing. Yume sighed and smiled, her watery eyes now able to be seen, as if they were watercolor eyes. She picked up the young boy and cradled him back to his mother.

Itachi didn't know it, but his presence comforted Yume. He was small and innocent, unaware of the cruelties of this world. Yume knew that wouldn't last, especially in the Uchiha Clan. He was the son of the Clan head and his father will no doubt want a lot from him, for the sake of the Clan.

Yume was tired of it all, that's why Itachi was the first to bring her comfort. He gave her a small reassurance of the innocence of the world, the ones she needs to protect. That is why she's here, a Kunoichi, she's here to protect the peace.

To ensure fewer lives will be lost.

authors note.
Yume (she like me fr):

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 9.6K 58
[ Highest Ranking: #1 in Naruto ] [ Highest Ranking: #1 in Uchiha ] A will. A faculty leading to an action. A resolution. Everyone has a will, a rea...
552K 25.6K 76
❝𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH a...
382K 11.8K 31
The bandages that covered his face in life have fallen away, all incinerated and hanging loosely around his neck. His face is completely destroyed. U...
461 4 11
"Bakashi, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." It was all a blur. It happened so fast. He sa...