Walking Among Spirits (Levi x...

By AlpineBreadStick

[MATURE] Slow Burn Levi x Female Reader (Warnings: strong language, violence, gore, blood, mentions of death... More

[ Author's Note ]
Character Profiles (Pre-Time Skip)
[ Prologue ]
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
Character Profiles (Post-Time Skip)
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
Story Sketches
[ Chapter 26 ]
[ Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]

[ Chapter 12 ]

84 4 0
By AlpineBreadStick

Content Warnings:

•Mentions of Death
•Season 4 Spoilers
•Strong Language
•Violence
•Anxiety
•Blood
•Death
•Guns

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Flashback

The morning after the Commander of the Survey Corps offered you a position in his regiment, you immediately had to tell Katsumi the good news. She always knew about your longing to join the Military but neither of you expected it to actually come true. The second you woke up, you jumped out of bed to get dressed to head over to her house. Your dog, (dog's name), sat up from the end of your bed and yawned as she/he watched you scramble around your bedroom in anticipation, things flying in the air as you threw your clothes on.

"I'll be back soon, (dog's name)!" You kissed the dog on the top of her/his head, running out of your room afterward. The dog simply wagged her/his tail before resting her/his head back on the bed, falling asleep again. You zipped down the hallway and towards the staircase, almost tumbling down the flight of stairs as you hurried along to get out the door. "Geez, Y/n, shut up!" You heard Quincy groan from his bedroom. You ignored the older boy as you jumped over the last step and swung the front door open, running out onto the street.

Headed towards Katsumi's house, which was only a few streets away, you dodged early shoppers headed to the market, apologizing on your rampant journey. "Excuse me!" You announced a few times, hopping over small crates and ducking below large freight that people hauled. "Sorry!" You shouted after almost knocking someone over. You could only laugh at the situation, purely running off excitement because you were having a good day.

As soon as you made it to her house, you knocked twice before entering. The family was already used to your constant presence at their home when you had free time so they eventually started leaving the door unlocked for you every morning. "Good morning, everyone!" You waved to Mrs. Akimoto in the kitchen, along with Miyuki. The older woman chuckled at your sudden entrance, not at all surprised by it. "Good morning, Y/n. Katsumi is upstairs doing her hair." The woman hummed, stirring a cup of tea in her hands. "Thanks!" You smiled and waved before you rushed up the steps, and burst through her door.

"Holy hell, Y/n! Didn't expect you so abruptly!" The ravenette chuckled, a bit startled as she looked at you through her vanity mirror. "Yeah, oops." You snorted and closed the door behind you, then, realized how out of breath you were. "What's up?" She questioned as she ran a comb through her short hair. "I have some news." You grinned, sitting yourself on her bed, behind her. "News?" She immediately turned around on her chair, eyes full of curiosity. "Is it a boy?! Or Tristan?! Or... or-" She rambled before you cut her off. "None of the above! Remember what I always wanted to do?" You were containing your excited jitters to not spoil the surprise. "Shove Quincy down a flight of stairs?" The younger female lifted a brow. "Well, true but not that one!" You laughed and shook your head. "Hmm... oh! The Military!" She suddenly gasped, eyes even wider. Nodding your head vigorously, she was beginning to put the puzzle together. "The Commander visited yesterday to offer me a position in the Scouts, so I'm going!" You officially announced. "No!" Katsumi gasped and fumbled out of her seat to grasp your shoulders. She couldn't believe it at first.

"Yep!" You nodded once more in confirmation, cheeks sore from smiling so wide. "Y/n, you're going to be a Scout?! For real?!" Her excitement was becoming much more evident than your own. "I am! I'll be a legit soldier!" You exclaimed. "No way! Oh my Walls-" Katsumi let go of your shoulders to slam her window open. "My best friend's going to be a Scout!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, not giving a damn if it was too early for all the commotion. Before anyone could complain outside, she pulled the window shut and pressed her back against it as she looked at you in bewilderment. Chuckling to yourself over her excitement, she quickly grabbed your wrist, and led you downstairs to share the news with everyone else. "Y/n's going to join the Survery Corps!"
.•.
•.•
.•.
•.•
The evening before your departure, Katsumi came over one last time for your official send-off. Neither of you knew when you would be able to see each other again but you were already preparing for it to be a really long time. You didn't know what you would do without seeing her everyday, as you had already been doing so for the last decade. In sickness and in health, you both always made an effort to visit, no matter what the circumstances were.

Before she left, she gave you a long, and tight hug, not ever wanting to let go of you. You had been her rock for so many years, and to you, the same. You were so important to her, she couldn't imagine life without you or vice versa. You couldn't imagine it, either. Gripping the back of her tawny dress, you were afraid to be the first one to release. So, you decided to wait until she was the one to make that first move. You had hardly even realized the misty vision that was building up in your (color) eyes, fogging your eyesight. As soon as she pulled away, you both faced each other with sad smiles. Although she was proud and happy for you, it still hurt on her end. She was losing her best friend and hadn't a clue if your safety was promised. It was always a guessing game with the Scouts. Either or.

You looked up into her golden-brown eyes, lips twitching out of sadness, even if you didn't want to cry. Your body wanted to, however. "I'm going to miss you so much, Kat." You whispered and tried your best to smile through it. "Not as much as me, though. I'll miss you a hell of a lot more." The other chuckled sadly and wiped her teary eyes. "Just... don't die on me, okay? Stay alive for me." She had to force a grin for both you and her own sake. You stared for a moment until you could fully answer. "I'll be fighting for you, Kat. So we can live to be old ladies, traveling the outside world together. I promise." You held out your pinky. Katsumi laughed, hiding behind her hand and she eventually held her pinky up as well. "Keep that pinky promise for me. Not only being old ladies together but staying alive, got it?" She looked up and met your eyes. "Pinky promise." You nodded.

Flashback End

"I've seen a few things so far, other than the obvious. Like, Reiner and Bertholdt's identities, and Kenny the Ripper's appearance. I did, however, catch a feeling he had close ties with Captain Levi, though. Although, I was not entirely certain about it, either." You answer Commander Hange's question. "Interesting." The Commander mumbles to themself across the desk from you, taking notes. Focus glued to the pad of paper in front of them, they lift the pen to their lips after jotting down half of a paragraph. "What else have you seen, as of recent or before?" Their eye transfixes on you once more, leaning back in their chair. "That day at the sea was the most I've ever seen. Other than that, everything has been relatively minor. I used to have little 'coincidences' when I was younger, I never thought much into them, though. Seeing a person I just thought of or breaking something, stuff of that nature." You fidget with your hands.

"So... describe to me in more detail about that day at the sea." The Commander sits up, positioning their hand, ready to begin writing at any moment. Taking a deep inhale, you recall that day a few weeks ago, going over all the memories of future events, waiting to take place. Exhaling slowly, you leave your lips separated to begin speaking. "Destruction... fires, absolute chaos upon a town. No... a whole Nation, practically. So many screams of horror as death's shadow creeps up on citizens and... Eren, I think." Your mind feels a bit fuzzy, the further you delve into the the previous vision. "Eren?" The brunette lifts a brow in confusion, pausing mid stroke to face you. "I'm pretty sure I saw him there..." Your voice trails off as you begin questioning your own memory.

Changing the subject, Commander Hange continues with other questions. "When you get these visions... do you feel any physical differences? What exactly happens to you during them?" They turn their head down towards the paper, pen waiting to write. "I always get this pinch in the side of my head." You lift your right hand up towards the right side of your head. Glancing up, Commander Hange catches sight of your hand, taking note of that as well. "I can't control my body at all, my mind sort of takes over, and transports me to this different reality. Sort of how a dream feels. I can only watch." You respond, thinking over every detail you can produce. "Now... why do you think you feel a pinch at that exact spot?" The Commander pauses from scribbling to face you with a concentrated expression. "Well... I did have an accident once, resulting in an anchor to the head." You shrug it off, not thinking anything of it. "Not entirely sure why it happens, though." Nodding, Commander Hange writes it down anyway.

"Your brother... you said you saw a vision of him, right?" They feel bad for asking but they need to research all that is possible. "Yeah," You confirm, preparing yourself for that emotional ride. "He got married to my best friend's sister, they had children, and he got promoted to Commander of the Military Police. It even appeared that everything was fine in the world, as if there were no more major threats, where we could live in absolute peace for once." You feel a faint tug at the corner of your mouth. "You said that was what was supposed to happen had he still been here?" The Commander turns their focus on you. "Yeah... everything was how it should have been. I just had that little feeling." Your hand drops to the left side of your waist, a hotness spreading from your ribs. "I know that..." Your speaking becomes meshed with your thoughts, losing track of reality and falling into a new vision.

Glancing down at yourself, blood seeps from your waist, when suddenly, you fall backwards, staring at a ceiling with a daze. "Cadet? Y/n?" Commander Hange speaks up, the volume of their voice much louder than the silence of your mind. "Yes? Oh, sorry." You shake your head, attempting to reset everything, and put yourself back in the real world. "What... did you just see?" The chocolate-eyed Commander asks with a hint of hesitance, almost afraid to know. Scratching the side of your head where you get pinches, you think it over in your mind, recalling everything you just saw. "I'm pretty sure I saw someone die. Or at least... come close to it." You purse your lips for a moment. "My ribs were burning... blood poured from... here." You look down, placing a hand over the exact spot on your waist.

With a slightly bewildered eye, Commander Hange immediately jots that down, handwriting extremely sloppy in order to copy it before any details are forgotten. "I don't know how you can manage with all this weight on your shoulders, Y/n." They comment after setting their pen back down, in astonishment. Shrugging a bit, you don't know any differently. "Visions feel like nightmares, which I'm prone, and used to them, apparently. I'm immune to certain fears, I suppose." You ponder out loud, the Commander only able to look at you with a flabbergasted expression.

Quickly clearing their throat, they sit up straight to continue. "I want to talk about the other part of your powers: seeing the dead. I want to prove your abilities will be beneficial for us." The brunette grabs their pen. "If that's all right." They grin a little, understanding if you don't want to talk anymore. "Okay." You simply nod. You would take any opportunity to talk about this strange phenomenon if someone is willing to listen. "Ask away, Commander." You return the grin, not minding being "probed" by them. Their smile becomes wider, excited to research even more. "Perfect! Can you... start from the beginning please?" They set up a fresh sheet of paper to begin writing notes on.

"I don't know how it started or even why it did but just out of nowhere I could see my grandfather who passed away a long time ago. After that, it was so abrupt. I was always seeing ghosts in everyday life. They either acknowledged or ignored me. I guess if they noticed, they would try to come through me, meaning, I would be a third party if they wanted to communicate with the living." You begin your explanation for them to document. "Does this happen at certain times? Or are they always just lurking?" The Commander peeks at you for a moment, hand idle. "A bit of both. If I'm not concentrating, I don't see them. Otherwise, they sort of... hang out when I'm not busy. My attention can go to them, then, and I can see them." You answer, eyes trailing across the Commander's study. Losing focus on the questions for a second, baby-blue apparitions begin to make their presence. The fog-like figures interacting with objects and each other just like the living would do.

"They don't even act passed on. They continue their life as they would if they were still physically on our soil." You mumble, eyes fixating on one spirit in particular. The young man anxiously slides his right index finger over book spines on the Commander's shelves, as if he is searching for a specific one. Watching him for a moment longer, he frantically turns to a different shelf, continuing his hunt for something. "What do you see right now?" Commander Hange's voice brings your attention back to them, however, your smile doesn't leave your face. "Scouts." You simply answer, causing the Commander to gently sigh. "Moblit's here, too." The mention of his name has the Commander wild-eyed, in disbelief. "M-...Moblit?" They whisper, almost like they didn't hear you properly. Nodding, you chuckle as the man eventually finds the book he was looking for, pulling it off the shelf.

Apparitions can affect reality by obtaining their own spiritual properties without disturbance to the physical world. To others, the book remains untouched on the shelf but to you, and Moblit, he was able to grab a copy of the book, matching the same hazy blue hue as his body. Since they can also affect reality by moving objects or even touch the living, it can take a lot of energy out of them. That's why they thrive around you because your presence and acknowledgment feeds them the energy they need to appear. When you get too zoned into a spirit, you often times feel drained after communicating, as it takes away your own energy as well. Simply, swapping resources.

"Is he usually anxious?" You decide to ask, noticing his calming demeanor as he skims through the book he copied. "Yeah... he was always worried for me, especially during experiments. He never wanted me to get hurt, so I caused him more stress than I ever intended." Your Commander confirms, a sadness capturing their aura. "Well, he did it out of the goodness of his heart. Anything you say, he can hear." You reply, grinning at the sudden switch in emotion from Commander Hange. "Can he really?" They gasp, realization hitting them. "Yeah, do you have something you want to tell him now?" You ask, glancing towards Moblit again. "I do..." Commander Hange clasps their hands together, holding them below their pointed chin. "I wish I could have properly thanked him for his duties. I made him my assistant for a reason. He was so driven to his work and I was... I am grateful for all he's done. Especially, his heroic action at the end... he was so selfless." They speak out into the open, almost expecting to hear a response from him.

Watching the young man, he pauses in place, lifting his head up to meet your eyes. Carefully returning the book copy, he approaches the desk you two sit at, looking down at his former Section Commander. Almost hesitant, he decides to act on a whim and wrap his arms around their shoulders, now that he is no longer a part of your world where it would be unprofessional. With a growing smile on your face, the Commander turns their chin up, their remaining eye locking on yours as you watch the both of them. "Did he hear that?" They whisper carefully, not wanting to disturb anything or anyone. "He definitely did." You whisper back as Moblit continues to hold them. "Do you feel him?" You add, waiting for an answer. "I feel... light." The Commander mumbles, not too sure on what you mean. "That's him." You mouth as the Commander grows a sad smile. "Thank you... Y/n." Their voice trembles slightly.

When the Commander composes themself again, they clear their throat, and readjust in their set to continue studying. "Now... where were we?" They hum, a much more relaxed energy surrounding them. Commander Hange must have felt so guilty ever since Moblit's passing, unable to express their gratitude without the knowledge that he was receiving their messages the entire time.

"I still haven't seen my brother, either, besides my dreams. Its different than seeing spirits while I'm conscious since dreams are just a perception of our reality and those who accompany it. Whereas, while I'm awake, I can't make them up, like in my dreams. I've met people I've never seen in my life before, meaning this is real and not mind tricks." You speak, fiddling with your hands again. "I..." Your brows stitch together as you concentrate on your memories. Quietly studying your expression, Commander Hange remains still until you continue.

"Dr. Yeager diagnosed me, Commander. When I was little, my dad took me to see him and... he was the one person who actually believed me, back then. I saw his little sister who-" The sudden sight of dogs mangling her frail body near a riverbank makes your stomach churn. Pinching your eyes shut does no remedy as the scene is burned into your mind and you can't remove it. "I saw glimpses of his past without even realizing because I was oblivious." You mutter, wanting to kick yourself over having answers long ago.

"Don't beat yourself up over it, Y/n. You were too young to realize it." The Commander reassures you and you know they're right. Even if you did know years ago, there was nothing you could have done about it. "Sorry, Commander." You sigh, rubbing your right temple. "Please, just Hange." They wave off the formality. Afterward, you sense a growing question from them, waiting for it to come out. "Can I... ask you one other thing?" They hesitantly speak up. "Of course, Hange." You nod, feeling a bit odd by calling them without their title. "What ever happened to Miche? One of our other Section Commanders?" They bite the inside of their cheek in anticipation.

You had only briefly met the man once before your mission to find a hole in Wall Rose. After that day, no one could find him, so he was proposed dead. No one ever knew the truth... not even you. "I can see." You eventually nod, closing your eyes to focus on the silence as you picture the tall man. When your mind connects, you see an open field, somewhere in Wall Rose. As a spectator, you then see the man on a roof, surrounded by four Titans, as he whistled for his horse. In the distance, you spot Zeke's Beast Titan who casually strolled by, not paying mind to anything in particular. Once Miche's horse emerged from a forest, the Beast reached forward to grasp the stallion and threw it towards Miche.

When the male jumped away just in time, a Titan from below caught the man, and bit down on his left leg. Screaming in pain, the Beast approached the Titan and Miche, ordering it to stop as he crouched down. Then, suddenly, the Titan continued and bit on his legs even harder. The Beast was confused as to why the Titan didn't obey so he squeezed its head until it popped, releasing Miche. In utter fear, the man was too afraid to comprehend what the Beast was asking about his ODM Gear. Only until he reached out to take it, did Miche react by ducking to the ground.

Realizing he was left defenseless against the Titans, the Beast was already leaving with his gear. Then, something sparked inside the man to continue his fight for survival, raising a sword to defend himself. The blonde yelled in rage, prepared to fight even if he was a beaten soldier. "You can move, now." The Beast ordered, allowing for the Titans to attack. Before he could properly react, tears streamed from the man's eyes as he attempted to escape, only to be grabbed by a Titan from behind. "No! No!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. "Stop! Don't! No! No!" He used the last of his fighting energy to pry himself from the hoard, ultimately failing in the end. "No! No! Stop! No!" His voice was distressed and strained, eventually being torn apart, voice echoing before it ceased into an abyss.

When the vision fades, you hardly realize your head is to your knees, completely bent over at the waist. You can't even hear the Commander kneel next to you, calling for your attention, behind your covered ears. When a strong shake to your body knocks you out of your own thoughts, your breath catches in your throat, raising your head. "Y/n!" The Commander mouths, your hands still tightly compressing your head to avoid the sounds of Miche's horrific screams.

"Th-..." You murmur, your chapped lips quivering in fear as you turn to face Commander Hange. "T-They're like nightmares..." Your voice is barely but a whisper. "You don't want to know... what happened, H-Hange." Your eyes are as wide as a Titan's, unable to erase what you had just witnessed. Between the cries of pain and confusion of not only your brother but a fallen Section Commander as well, you question how much more of this you can take. "I'm sorry I even asked, Y/n..." The Commander mumbles, resting their hand on your shaking shoulder.

After profusely apologizing to you for making you see such a graphic memory, the Commander dismisses you to rest after a long evening of documenting your abilities. Carefully pulling the door shut behind you, clicking in place, you sense a presence nearby. Turning your head to the right, you lean forward to notice Captain Levi leaning against the wall, his eyes trailing up your legs until they meet your own. "Oh, sorry, Captain. Commander Hange is free now." You rub your left wrist in slight discomfort, stepping out of the way for him to enter the study. "I didn't come to speak to shitty-glasses." The Captain pushes himself off the wall, body facing you now. Pursing your lips, you wait for him to continue. "I wanted to know for myself." He adds, arms crossed over his chest as he maintains eye contact.

A bit confused, you lick your bottom lip before responding. "Know... what, Captain?" You ask for clarification, not understanding. "What you can do, idiot." His expression is incredibly bored-looking but you can understand, considering you are the dumbfounded one. "O-Oh, right." You nod your head, still curious, though. Why was he interested enough to eavesdrop when he could have easily let himself in and listen without being a stalker? "Is there... someone you want to talk to? On the other side?" You lift a brow, trying to pry at his brain for any sort of relevant answer. The hesitancy is painfully obvious on his end, however, he disregards it completely. "I'm your Captain, so, I have to know what you're capable of." He steps forward, walking past you.

Before he's too far, he stops in place to say something else. "Don't exert yourself too much, Y/n. You look like you haven't slept in a month just after leaving that room." He continues his path towards his own quarters immediately after. His concern is enough to make you grin, relieved that was all he had to say. You're still grateful he can trust you enough compared to when you first told them the truth. He's a confusing man but you're willing to be patient enough to learn more about him.
.•.
•.•
.•.
•.•
"Let's head back now, cadets." Commander Hange orders as they ready their horse back to a camp for the Scouts. You had just stopped a Marleyan ship from docking at your island by using Eren's Titan to lift it and intimidate the soldiers on board. Luckily, they were startled enough to not draw any weapons, and one in particular surrendered completely.

Before you all leave to go back to the camp, a tickle itches your head just before you mount your horse. "Hold on, Commander." You call, waiting a moment to get your bearings. "What is it, Y/n?" They look over their shoulder, on top of their horse already. Looking up to meet their gaze, you now see what is to come. "There's a second ship headed our way. About two hours out." You reply, quietly waiting for their orders on the matter. Exchanging a glance with Captain Levi, they immediately dismount their horse. "All right, cadets, let's station ourselves in the meantime while we await the second ship. Same operation as before, however, I think our new friend can help us this time." They grin devilishly.

"Are you totally sure about this?" You hear Captain Levi mutter to Commander Hange. Turning your head towards the raven, you can only laugh at the situation. "Positive, sir. I'm a bit offended you continue to question my knowledge of the future." You chuckle lightly, strolling back over to the cliffside to look down at the water. A year ago, you never would have imagined you would have the guts to respond to him so informally but today, you have grown quite fond of the Captain, no longer deathly afraid of him.

"This one will be easy, as well." You mumble to yourself as the cool land breeze blows your cape forward. Staring off towards the sea's horizon, you get lost in a small trance. You can only imagine the rest of humanity's reaction when they can finally leave the Walls and see all of this, especially Katsumi. Unfortunately, your writing could never do the sea's beauty any justice. Its been well over a year since you've seen her or your family, only being able to send letters but its been awhile since you wrote to your family. As much as you miss them, you use that longing to drive yourself to work harder to make your land safe enough to leave the Walls. However, with Tristan gone, you're a bit afraid to see your father, and Quincy again. You can't imagine how they're handling the news.

Pushing yourself up from the grass, you gaze at the sea, reflecting the moon's light, for a second longer. "I'll alert the Commander when I sense they're close, Captain." You mumble, walking past Captain Levi, back towards the base you, and your squad set up. The man simply nods, staying on lookout with Commander Hange near the edge of the cliff. Retreating to your comrades, you sit behind a rock with Sasha, Conny, and Jean while you wait. "I'm gonna be honest, Y/n, I thought you were super weird when you first told us but now... I guess anything is possible." Jean comments, eyes scanning the land as he speaks. "I mean, I am still weird, and you're right, anything is possible." You respond, glancing up at him from your spot. "Especially this, I still can't comprehend how you even know." Conny pipes in, gesturing to the space you all occupy. Shrugging, you grin a little. "Me neither... I just get these feelings, I guess." You reply.

As some time passes, Sasha keeps your group entertained while you continue to wait for the Marleyan ship to arrive. Sitting with your back against the rock, you pause mid-conversation to listen. "They're almost here." You murmur, sitting up to look over the edge. "I'll be right back." You inform your comrades to find Commander Hange. Spotting them with Captain Levi, you approach the two from behind. "Commander, they're almost here. We should see their lights within a few minutes." You salut, being waved off. "Thank you, Y/n. We'll be on the lookout." They smile up/down/straight at you. Nodding, you quietly return to your comrades.

After only ten minutes, the second ship approaches. When its near enough to the shore, Eren's Titan lifts it from the water and carries it to the beach, dropping it while the soldiers scream in fear. "Hello, friends from Marley! Welcome to Paradis Island!" The Commander runs towards the ship, enthusiastically. "I'm Hange, here to greet our guests who've come so far across the sea! Now, step this way and join us for some tea! By the way, we're already friends with this guest that arrived before you!" They point towards Captain Levi and a Marleyan. "Isn't that right, Nicolo?!" The Commander wraps an arm around his shoulder.

"Captain! Forget about me and shoot these devils!" The blonde Marleyan shouts as a sword is pressed against his back by Captain Levi. "What are you saying, Nicolo?!" Commander Hange pesters him as he ignores them. "Captain!" He yells again. "He's tired of your shitty skit." Captain Levi murmurs to the crazed Commander. Just then, their Captain raises a gun towards your superiors, threatening to shoot but Commander Hange threatens him back by motioning towards Eren's Titan. Before he can shoot, a fellow Marleyan soldier aboard their ship shoots him in the head. Suddenly, that same soldier has the others on her ship hostage.

Watching everything happen from a distance, even you are surprised by the outcome of their arrival. "Hange, I'd be happy to accept your invitation. Let's have tea." The tall blonde female grins from her vessel. "I've longed to meet you, Eren." She then turns towards the Titan behind her with that same smile. The Marleyans climb off their boat and make their way towards the cliff, following your superiors back to the tents you set up, a bit further from the shore.

Staying with your comrades while the newcomers talk to your superiors, you sit on top of the rock along with Conny, Sasha, and Armin while the others stand. "That huge lady of theirs shot and killed her comrade. Wonder what her goal is." Conny ponders while he watches the tent they reside in. "Who knows? Whether friend or foe, she's not to be trusted." Jean comments. Glancing to your left, Mikasa approaches to grab Sasha's hair, pulling her up. "No napping, Sasha." The ravenette sighs, releasing her afterward.

"But their willingness to share information is unbelievably lucky for us." Armin grins as he keeps his gaze focused on the camp. "Yeah, we've been really lucky. We stopped their landing by pure chance. If Marley comes in full force, we'll be screwed. We've gotta do something." Eren responds without much emotion. "We have Y/n, though. She'll be able to plan all our strategies knowing their attacks!" Sasha finally sits up, wide awake. Suddenly uncomfortable from being put on the spot, everyone turns their attention towards you. Swallowing a lump in your throat, you feel stressed out by that thought, knowing damn well that will be difficult to rely purely on your visions.

"I... don't know about that, Sasha. That's a bit of a stretch." You chuckle awkwardly, brushing it off. "Its worth a try though, right? Just look at tonight, you knew both of those ships were coming! Imagine what else you can do!" Conny hypes you up, slapping your back. "Oof- yeah, I'm grateful I saw that coming." You nod, rubbing the back of your neck. "So, there is hope!" Conny smirks, already feeling confident and relieved. However, you still feel hesitant to even trust yourself. You don't want your comrades putting all their eggs in your basket only for it to be dumped. The last thing you want to do is let them all down by failing to understand your abilities. You couldn't live with that liability or guilt.

"I appreciate your encouragement, though." You breathe out, deciding not to take it so seriously. "You're our friend, Y/n, of course we will believe in you." Sasha smiles, throwing an arm around your shoulders. Chuckling softly, you trail your eyes across your squad, never taking their support for granted. "Thank you all, again." You whisper, feeling as if you can never fully thank them enough for all their teamwork. As Conny goes through a whole spiel on why you're one of the coolest people in the Scouts, you fight to ignore the burning pain in the left side of your ribs. The same sensation as your first meeting with Commander Hange regarding your visions and conversations with the dead. You don't want to draw attention to your mysterious discomfort but for whatever reason, it is much more evident this time around.

"No offense but I'm already the coolest one here, landing at number one. Now... Y/n may be a close second, again, no offense, everyone. I'm just saying-" Conny blabbers and argues with Jean. You can only plaster an uncomfortable smile on your face as you watch the two debate the order of most to least cool in your regiment. The whole thing is a relief to get your mind off of reality but you can't forget the sharp pain in your waist, feeling as if blood is seeping through your shirt. Subconsciously grasping the spot, Mikasa glances down at your hand, turning back towards the two arguing males. "Are you okay?" She whispers next to you. Without looking, you purse your lips, knowing Sasha isn't paying attention while she sits beside you. "Yeah, I'm good." You nod subtly, almost screwed that you could have been caught.

I have to be careful... I don't know what this means, yet.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Words: 5,843

02/18/22
Good morning
This would have been up earlier but I physically could not keep my eyes open long enough while I was doing the final proof read... oops.

Anyway, the next chapter should hopefully be up relatively soon since I started writing it at the same time as this one. Going based off episodes actually takes less time since I don't have to create my own scene. With that being said, thank you for reading!

~AlpineBreadStick

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972 20 13
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...
439K 12.8K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...
141K 4.6K 38
ยฐยฐOnly he was too naive to realize that love cannot be ignoredยฐยฐ โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข Broken promises, unrequited love, and shattered friendships. The past is full of...
3.9K 170 10
โ–Ž๐—•๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ก ๐—ง๐—ข ๐——๐—œ๐—˜. ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐–บ๐—ˆ๐—/๐—Œ๐—‡๐—„ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—‡fi๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—ˆ๐—‡. ้€ฒๆ’ƒใฎๅทจไบบ โ ๐–ผ๐—๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ, ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—…๏ฟฝ...