Burn || Poe Dameron

Von natlovesfandoms

"we are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - [star wars episodes VII-IX... Mehr

Extended Summary & Cast
Prologue
PART ONE - THE FORCE AWAKENS
• Chapter One - The Map to Luke Skywalker
• Chapter Two - FN 2187
• Chapter Three - The Chase Through Jakku
• Chapter Four - The Smuggler & The Wookie
• Chapter Five - The Rathtars & The Jedi Legend
• Chapter Six - Maz Kanata
• Chapter Seven - The Battle of Takodana
• Chapter Eight - Something There That Wasn't There Before
• Chapter Nine - Starkiller Base
• Chapter Ten - The Calm Before The Storm
PART TWO - THE LAST JEDI
• Chapter Eleven - F*cking Boys
• Chapter Thirteen - Vice Admiral Holdo

• Chapter Twelve - She's Kinda Hot Though

245 13 2
Von natlovesfandoms

After helping Finn change and catching him up on everything since his injury, the two of us went to the Command Deck together so he could check in with General Organa. Finn knew that I was furious with Poe, which was why he seemed very nervous around me. It was honestly starting to make me angry with him too.

"What are you staring at?!" I finally snapped at Finn, who was eyeing me with an anxious expression.

His eyes widened as he began to stammer, "N-Nothing. I-I'm just wondering what's going to happen when Poe gets in here."

When I heard the doors to the Command Deck open, I let out a sigh and muttered, "You're about to find out."

As I heard loud footsteps walk into the Command Deck, I huffed angrily began to storm over to Poe, who was still wearing his orange pilot suit. His hair was a mess, and he still had dirt on his face from his helmet he never cleans. When he saw me storming over to him, he let out a small sigh as he stopped and watched me rush over to him.

"Look, Doc-"

My hand slapping him across the face caused him to stop his words. He seemed very startled, just like General Organa, Finn, and all the others in the room. It didn't bother me that everyone was staring at us though. It didn't change the fact that Poe disobeyed my orders and almost got himself killed again.

He brought his hand up to his cheek and rubbed it lightly, "Damn, Doc. Not going to lie, that was kind of hot."

Even though I could feel my cheeks burning, I scoffed before exclaiming angrily, "You are such an idiot! Why would you not listen to me?!"

"Doc, we took out a Dreadnaught!" Poe argued back, completely missing the point I was trying to make.

"I'm about to take you out, Poe Dameron!" I hissed as I took a step towards him.

Finn ran over and grabbed my arm really quick as General Organa placed her hand on my shoulder gently in understanding. Then, she turned to Poe and immediately began to scold him, "Yes, you took out a Dreadnaught. But at what cost?"

"You start an attack, and you follow it through," Poe replied.

"Poe, get your head out of your cockpit!" General Organa quipped at him, causing Poe to let out an annoyed sigh, "There are things that you cannot solve by jumping in an X-Wing and blowing something up! I need you to learn that."

My arms crossed around my frame as General Organa turned to come back over to the console. However, Poe grabbed her arm and said quietly, "There were heroes on that mission."

"Dead heroes. No leaders."

Poe let out a small sigh as General Organa turned away from him. Part of me immediately began to feel bad, hating seeing Poe upset because he let the General down. However, I remembered that he also let me down, which made me extremely mad at him. When he turned to look at me, I quickly turned away and walked over to stand at the console with the General. Poe and Finn both came over to join the rest of us.

"So, we're really nowhere, huh?" Finn asked me, causing me to nod my head in response. That made his eyes widened before asking, "So how is Rey going to find us now?"

My gaze trailed over to General Organa, who was already pulling up her sleeve. Finn couldn't help, but smile lightly at the device around her wrist, "A cloaked binary beacon."

"To light her way home," General Organa nodded in response.

"So until Rey gets back, what's the plan?" Finn asked.

"We find a new location for a base. We can't keep traveling like this for forever," I replied before turning back to the console.

"One strong enough to send a distress signal to our allies scatter across the Outer Rim," Commander Larma D'Acy added from the opposite end of the console.

Finn nodded his head in understanding, but I could tell part of him was still worried about Rey. I placed my hand gently on his shoulder in reassurance, having complete faith that Rey would find Luke Skywalker and bring him back to us.

Suddenly, loud alarms began to blare throughout the Command Deck. As Admiral Ackbar began to type on the main console, Poe ran over to stand next to me as he asked, "What's going on?"

"Proximity alert! They've found us!" He informed us.

My heart dropped as Poe began to shake his head, "That's impossible."

That's when all of the First Order ships appeared right next to ours. I gulped nervously as I looked out the large window. How did they already find us? They would have no way to track us that quickly. There was a ship that was much larger than the others, one that I had never seen before. I couldn't help, but look up at Poe.

"That's Snoke's ship! You've got to be kidding me!" Poe groaned aggravatedly before asking, "Can we jump to light speed?"

"We have enough fuel for just one jump."

"Well, do it. We got to get out of here!" Poe ordered.

However, I immediately held my hand up as I realized what was happening, despite how impossible I thought it was, "No, don't! Don't!"

Everyone turned towards me, looking at me like I was out of my mind. Poe leaned against the console so he was able to look up at my face as he tried to plead, "Doc, we can't stay here. We need to get as far away from these ships as we can!"

"Poe, we can't!" I argued back.

"Why?!"

"Because they're tracking us through light speed!" I exclaimed back while involuntarily slamming my hand down.

All of the wide eyes boring down into me caused me to feel nervous. I looked down at Poe nervously, who's lips were slowly parting. Finally, Finn reminded me, "But that's impossible."

To my surprise, General Organa spoke up from the opposite side of me, "Yeah, but she's right. They've done it."

"So if we jump to light speed, they'll just find us again and we'll be out of fuel," Finn summed up, causing the feeling in my stomach to grow even worse, "They caught us."

"Not yet they don't!" Poe suddenly stated determinedly, which caused hope to spark up inside me. Poe always had that impact on people, no matter how anyone felt about him. Then, he turned to General Organa and asked, "Permission to hop in an X-Wing and blow something up?"

While she sent him a look, she nodded her head, "Permission granted."

Poe went to run out of the room, but he hesitated before running back over to me. He forced me to look at him, even though I wasn't ignoring him. I was just focused on the console. He looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, General."

I couldn't help, but send him a look as I replied, "You're an idiot. Be careful out there."

Poe grinned before running out of the Command Deck. Admiral Ackbar began to turn the ship around as the rest of the pilots followed Poe out of the room. As I began to type in the coordinates on the main console to pull up the First Order ships, Finn came over to stand next to me. The ship shook from the shots of the TIE fighters, despite our shields being up. I couldn't help, but feel nervous. Even though I would never say it out loud, the First Order has more fire power than us. If we don't find a solution fast, who knows how long we're going to last.

Suddenly, there was another rumble on the opposite side of the ship. That's when a Commander shouted, "There was an explosion in the Landing Bay! It's been destroyed!"

My heart immediately sunk to the ground. Without even thinking, I stopped what I was doing and sprinted out of the room. I heard Finn calling my name as he followed me, but I didn't listen. My only priority was getting down to the Landing Bay. Getting down to Poe to make sure he was still alive.

When I finally turned the corner and reached the Landing Bay, I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Poe and BB-8 landing on the ground right outside the entrance. Finn and I ran over to him, and I collapsed onto my knees as soon as I reached him. A small gasp escaped my lips as I looked out at the Landing Bay, which was completely destroyed. All of the ships and pilots inside were up in flames. As the doors closed, I looked down at Poe, who looked completely heartbroken. My arms went around his shoulders as I helped him sit up.

"Poe, are you okay?" I asked him quietly while brushing some of the hair out of his face.

"We need to get out of range of those Stardestroyers," He replied, still breathless from the explosion.

I just nodded my head in agreement as I just placed my head on top of his, squeezing his shoulders tightly. Mainly out of comfort for all of the friends he just lost, but also because I was glad he was okay. If he was on that Landing Bay, I don't know what I would've done. Poe let out a small sigh before leaning into me and closing his eyes in comfort.

Then, BB-8 rolled over and bumped my arm to get my attention. I looked over at him and placed a hand on his head, "Are you okay, buddy?"

BB-8 just beeped in response before resting his head on my arm again. I smiled down at him sadly, trying to comfort him too. When I looked over, I saw Finn kneeling next to us and smiling sadly. Poe, BB-8, and me were like a little family in some ways. The three of us would always be there to comfort and protect each other. Finn knew that, but part of me couldn't help and think he was smiling for a different reason.

Suddenly, there was another explosion on the opposite side of the ship. I heard a loud alarm begin to blare through the ship with red lights flashing all around us. That's when we heard someone shout, "The Command Deck was destroyed!"

"The General!" I immediately cried as we all shot up from our spots.

Poe was ahead of all of us as we ran back up towards the Bridge. Many others were following us, desperate to see if any of our Commanding Officers made it. Once we reached the nearest window to look at the Bridge, my heart sunk.

It was completely obliterated. All of the consoles and equipment were destroyed. Rubble and bodies were seen floating out in space. If the doors were opened to the Bridge right now, we would all be sucked into space with them. Tears began to build up in my eyes when I thought about General Organa. Part of me was trying to be strong, but she was like a mother to me ever since I joined the Resistance. I wasn't ready to lose her. I felt a hand land gently on my shoulder. I immediately knew it was Poe's so I reached up and squeezed it.

When something caught my eye up in the stars, I immediately squinted to take a closer look. One of the body's arms was moving upward. Suddenly, they started to fly towards the ship. My eyes widened when I saw it was General Organa.

"GRAB A STRETCHER! BRING IT TO THE BRIDGE! HURRY!" I immediately shouted to... anyone as I ran over to the doors of the Bridge.

Chaos ensued around us as Poe, Finn, and I ran to the Bridge doors. As soon as we got there, General Organa was right outside, holding her breath as best she could. I immediately placed my hand on the pad and the doors opened. Poe and Finn caught her in their arms as she collapsed while I quickly closed the door. As soon as I turned around, I saw a stretcher along with my medical supplies right behind me. Some of the med-droids were coming to help General Organa up on the stretcher as I grabbed the oxygen mask and the pulse oximeter.

"Everyone, clear a path! Get out of the way!" Poe shouted for me as we quickly walked her towards the MedBay.

"I'm picking up vitals, but they're weak, Doctor," One of the med-droids informed me.

"Get her on oxygen right now!" I ordered as I placed the oxygen mask over General
Organa's mouth. As the oxygen tank was being turned on, I placed the pulse oximeter on her finger, "Her oxygen levels are really low. We need to get them back up or she's going to fade. Get her to the MedBay now!"

As we wheeled General Organa to the MedBay, Poe walked alongside us the entire time, not wanting to leave her side. I don't blame him because I wouldn't if I was in his position either. However, if anybody can save General Organa, it's going to be me. The First Order may think we've lost, but we're still winning by having General Organa alive.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.6K 148 47
FIVE YEARS AGO, I was sent on a mission that would change my life forever. Little did I know, it would end it as well... As a Trainee in the Aviation...
233K 12.3K 91
━ don't make me a hero. THE BLACK SQUADRON & THE SEQUEL TRILOGY [poe dameron x oc][rivals to lovers] ☆romanovana | 2020
4K 206 22
Modern AU. High School Star Wars. Rey is trying to make her way through her last year of high school. New friends, and hopefully a new family. Origi...
9.8K 379 23
As Kylo Ren and the sinister First Order rise from the ashes of the Empire, Luke Skywalker is missing when the galaxy needs him most. It's up to Kirr...