Making Her Own Way

By pbdula

A modern day scenario where Ross knows that Elizabeth is not what he needs but just can't seem to give her up! More

Coming Home
She is renot the same
Indispensable
Who to Believe
Finally sees the light
Realization for the Girl
What Real Love Is
Shareholder Meeting #2
Life Goes On
Visiting Claude
It Is Too Late
The Gala
A Coincidence
Can't Catch a Break
Games People Play
Getting His Mind Right
Best Layed Plans
The Wedding
You Need Help
Daddy's Here
Home To Cornwall
Elizabeth At It Again
Adding to the Stock
Over Played Hand
Arresting Development
Shes Gone
Ross Realizes Everything he has
Eighth Month
Grace Rosalind Vennor Poldark's Arrival
Precious baby
Her Name is Grace
Investigating the Disappearance
McNeal's Anger
McNeal has Caroline
Verity
The Setup
Getting Grace Back
Where are the Women

Coming Back

61 3 0
By pbdula

After two weeks Verity told Joshua she could not do the CEO anymore, she didn't have enough business knowledge for it. She asked if he could please contact Eleanor to take over again. The company had never seen so much profit and gains when she managed it. Joshua sighed he really didn't want to pester Eleanor to come back, but the company needed her! So, he called her:
Eleanor - hi Joshua how are you
Joshua - missing you
Eleanor - I miss you too.
Joshua - Eleanor I just spoke to Verity she can't manage the CEO position; we need you! You can work from home. There or here Ross doesn't have to know.
Eleanor - Joshua you say that, but if he comes to the penthouse, l doesn't know if I can withstand him? My heart can't take it anymore.
Joshua - I promise I will do everything to protect you. Please this company means so much to the workers and they were finally getting a wage for a decent living. That was what this company was built on, please don't turn your back on it!
There was a hesitation on the phone
Eleanor - Joshua I'll come back but you have to work with Ross to take it over in the future for when your gone, I can't deal with him.
Joshua - I agree to your terms so you will resume the CEO duties
Eleanor - yes
Joshua - okay I will make arrangements to move back to Nampara and work with Ross. Should I tell Verity you will be there beginning of the week
Eleanor - yes I will go to the office but please keep Ross away!
Joshua hung up and called Verity to let her know Eleanor would be back on Monday and could she please help her settle back in.

Claude clapped his hands, "my Eleanor is coming back?" Joshua said, "yes but I have to work with your brother to get ready to take if over when he is ready, Claude said, "I hope he is never ready." Joshua said there may be another problem though. We need to be at Nampara. Claude's, face fell, "but my job is here." Yes, but Ross needs me there. Claude said, "I will stay her at the Penthouse with Eleanor," shrugging his shoulders. Joshua said, "what will tell your brother you are at?" Claude thought long and hard, "tell him I am staying here." Joshua said, Ross knows I would never leave you on your own," Claude continued to think, "tell him I am staying with Caroline and Dwight, that I do not like him anymore, since he hurt Eleanor's heart. Joshua called Caroline and told her of Claude's plan, and could they tell Ross he was staying at Killwarren. Which he agreed immediately.

Joshua called Ross, he told him he and was going to move back to Nampara, he asked that he visit Elizabeth at Twenwith because he couldn't trust her and didn't want to be around her! Ross told him he hadn't seen Elizabeth and had refused to talk to her since Eleanor left,
Elizabeth was still trying to figure out a way to get Ross back under her spell but so far, he had blocked all means of her contacting him. She was hoping once the baby was born, she could wrangle him back though.

Eleanor arrived back at the penthouse Sunday afternoon. Paul Daniel had called her Friday asking to speak to her and she set up a time for him to stop that evening. She made French bread pizza and a 'better then sex cake' thinking what was left over she would freeze for Joshua. He arrived a little after 6:00 p.m., she offered him some pizza, than they had lemonade to drink, which he accepted since he had heard what a good cook she was. After a couple of bites she said, "well are you going to tell me what this is about?" Paul said "I think we know who ran you off the road, we also believe the person has been involved in a couple other crimes in Cornwall. I need to know if you are going to want to try for personal damages?" "If I do does that mean they won't be charged," she asked? Paul chuckled "no they will be charged either way, we just want to know if there will be a civil suit also?" She told him, "No, I don't think there will, can I ask who it was?" He said, "well I can't tell you since it seems this car was also involved in what now seems to be a homicide investigation. While I am here Dr Enys told me there was an incident with Joshua's medicine?" Eleanor side eyes him and nodded, "I walked into the kitchen where I had Joshua pill organizer, Elizabeth Poldark was messing with Joshua's with it, she told me she was looking at what he took. There is no way to identify the pills by looking at that container, there is no names on them. There was an additional pill that Dwight identified that could have killed Joshua! If I didn't find it and Ross would have given his father, the medicine?" Paul wrote down in his notes whatever she told him then informed her he would talk to Dwight some more on this topic.

"Paul, can you tell me has Hugh been charged, do I have to testify?" Paul looked down at his hand and said, "he posted bail, we lost track of him it seems he fled the county; his private plane took off the same day he was released!" "Am I safe," she questioned? He said, "as far as we know you are, but you may want to hire a bodyguard for a couple of months if you can afford it." She nodded her head. She offered him a piece of her desert, he was groaning in delight from the taste and asked what it was? She said, "Better then Sex Cake and from the way you are groaning I'd say you agree with the name?" He said, "give me the recipe for my wife please!" She told him "It is on the internet."

She called Joshua and asked if he could come in tomorrow for dinner, she had some leftovers and a cake she wanted rid of, and of course she didn't need to ask him twice. He said also, Claude would like to stay with you, he likes working at the company. Eleanor assured him that would be fine. She also questioned if he knew anybody guards, she could hire telling him what Paul said about Hugh. Then she told him about the car that hit her being involved in a homicide investigation. Joshua couldn't believe that they lost Hugh, but he agreed she needed security. She reminded him not to let Ross know she was back and told him she would see him and Claude tomorrow evening.

Joshua sent her via email a name, phone number, and email for a security group he used in the past.
Eleanor emailed them with her phone number telling them Joshua recommend them and if they could call her asap.
Ross, walked into the kitchen to see his dad on the phone. He wondered if it was Eleanor because his dad was really enjoying the call. Then he heard he would see them tomorrow evening and wondered if he could go with him?

His phone ring while his dad was still on the phone it was Elizabeth again, he ignored her call. She had tried everything she call from Aunt Agatha's phone, and even the servants phone call, Ross wasn't sure how much more he could take? He realized that because of him wanting to help Francis's widow he had given Elizabeth hope that they could be together. But they already tried, and she wasn't what he wanted or needed, if truth be told neither was, he for her!

Once his dad hung up, Ross asked "Dad, have you heard from Eleanor lately?" Joshua answered him the same as always, "I wouldn't try tell you if I had!" Ross gave and exasperated sign, " I have cut ties with Elizabeth, Dad I want to make a life with Eleanor!" "We'll see that baby is to be born soon, has Verity requested a DNA test, I heard she was also sleeping with George while she was sleeping with Francis?" Ross contemplated this he said, "I believe Francis thought it was his, he wouldn't have been willing to raise it if it wasn't."

Joshua told, "I am going into the office with Verity tomorrow then out to eat so I maybe back late or following morning, if I sleep at the penthouse." Ross nodded, thinking it must have been Verity he was speaking to. "Claude is missing work so I am thinking he can stay with Caroline and Dwight until you or I move into the penthouse again. We will bring him home on weekends if he wants or he can stay there it will really be up to him," Joshua said. Ross said, "he does seem to thrive at the company, I think it is good for him." "I think it is good for him to be away from anywhere the witch could show up." Ross groaned "Dad." Joshua said, "There you go defending her again," Joshua had to get Ross to see what a viper she was.

The security firm called Eleanor later Sunday night, she explained about the car accident and then the assault by Hugh and that he was now at large. Jake and ex-military man said he believed he had just the person to be assigned to her. Eleanor kept Garrick close she was worried about Hugh, if he knew she was back, also what Paul told her about a homicide had her unnerved! She would be glad to have Claude's company just someone else to be near her would be comforting.

Ross heard a car door then a knock, it was his farm hand that was plowing the property surrounding Twenwith. He said the Elizabeth came out with her car to the field and refused to leave them plow. Telling them that the property was not to be plowed that could be seen from the house! Ross rubbed his head and said don't do anything more until I talk to the attorney and my father to make sure someone didn't put something into the purchase agreements. He went in and asked his Father if he knew of any stipulations on plowing around Twenwith. Joshua told him it was purchased free and clear to do whatever he wanted. Ross told him he was going to have to check in with Pierce tomorrow. He suggested they drive in together. Joshua told him to let him talk to Pierce, it would do no good for Ross to neglect work that was waiting to be done! Ross didn't think anything of his father talking to his old friend about it, so he agreed.

When Joshua told Claude, to gather, his stuff to take to the penthouse he was overjoyed, he did a little dance singing "Eleanor Carnes but it was really the Beatles song Eleanor Rigby" Joshua was laughing and said you must be quiet, or you will have Ross suspicious. So, Claude whisper song and danced. Claude was so happy that Eleanor was back. Since it had only been a couple of days that they were back on the farm he didn't miss that much work. Joshua knew it meant a lot to Claude; it gave him a sense of accomplishment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575K 17.9K 28
In which Harry and Robyn are breaking apart for completely different reasons... {Book Two - SEQUAL TO FINALLY} {Goblet Of Fire} {Harry Potter x OC}
85.7K 2.5K 119
Is she too damaged to ever trust and love again or does this dark haired stranger rewrite the stars.
23.8K 622 23
What if Mike had kept his word? What if Mike hadn't gone back to Harvey? Set in 3x02
20.4K 2.1K 26