Fifty Spies

By Jewelsmadeit

America, oh, America. Showing up late at a meeting again and forgetting his project. Before UN could scold Am... More

Chapter 1: Who Are You?
Chapter 2: What I Come Home To
Chapter 3: Meet the States. (Part One)
Chapter 4: Meet the States (Part Two)
Chapter 5: Settling Down
Chapter 6: Meet the States (Part Three)
Chapter 7: Side Stories
Chapter 8: Can You Turn On the Lights?
Chapter 9: Meet the States, in the Dark? (Part Four)

Chapter 10: Preparing for Paintball

1.2K 29 51
By Jewelsmadeit

A/N: Hello! Well, not sure if anyone's aware, but it's been a while since I've posted! :,D Dang... I can't believe it's been so long.. and 50k+ reads? It's absolutely insane how this still has people reading it. Anyway, I've had this chapter kinda sitting around for a while... okay, maybe more than "awhile"? A year? I just never had the heart to post it. Apologies to every single comment that said: next part? And I had it all the time but didn't feel like posting... :,D

I heard that people don't really like long chapters? Personally, I would love a 2.5k+ chapter, but please let me know if I should make longer chapters or just keep it at around 1.8k-2k max.

So, small recap if you're reading this: Lights went out in the house because of a storm, people are like: "What the heck," Missouri comes out with a gun and says, "Paintball!" and here we are getting ready for it.

After everyone had snacked on some chips or whatever they could get their hands on, they started getting ready for paintball.

Iowa was not ready, even with the spicy, super amazing, spectacular outfit she had on. She mentally checked what she needed to have. Black outfit? Check. Creepy white mask? Check. Paintball gun loaded? Check! Sneaky and agile? Uh... we'll work on that. Confident? Absolutely not! We're going to be obliterated... yay.

"Nebraska, we're not going to make it in the paintball fight! We're going to be doomed!" Iowa complained while trying to put on her boots, "How are we even going to go against Texas when he's a billion times larger than us?"

Nebraska checked their watch, "Don't worry. I got back up on our team," Iowa snapped her head towards Nebraska.

"When? I thought that every state got in their typical teams?" Iowa inquired as she finally put in the last buckle for her boot.

"They never said nations couldn't join..." Nebraska smirked while looking through their phone, "They should be coming in.. right now!"

Bursting in like an epic movie scene, Malaysia, Philippines, and Indonesia walked in as cool spy agents. The real deal with shades, black slick outfit, and confident walk.

"Maphilindo, at your service, how can we help you win?" Philippines bowed and shook Iowa's hand.

"Woah..." Iowa could only stare in amazement as she kept shaking his hand.

"I think ya can stop shaking his hand, Iowa," Nebraska commented from the side.

"Right! Sorry," Iowa shoved her hand into the pockets of her jacket, "What's the plan?"

"First we should get a solid base. Malaysia will be tasked with covering our backs and creating a defense. Indonesia and I will take down the larger states, while you and Nebraska can eliminate the smaller states," Philippines explained, "naiintindihan mo ba?"

"Eh?" Nebraska peeped up, "I don't understand Tagalog well, sorry,"

Indonesia laughed, "Whoops, I forgot none of you understand. It means 'Do you understand?', maybe we can teach you guys some of our languages more!"

"That would be nice!" Iowa spoke with a smile on her face.

From behind a wall, a state wrote something on a notepad before leaving.

"New Mexico!" Arizona shouted while running towards New Mexico, "I have some important information,"

"Hm? What could it be, my dearest sibling?" New Mexico said with a sarcastic voice.

"Awww! You're too kind, Mexi!" Arizona teased back, "Anyway, we're allowed to team up with nations. I heard from Colorado,"

New Mexico nodded slowly, "That's an interesting development, any nations that some states have taken already?"

"New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania decided to snatch up Netherlands. Ohio and Michigan... Switzerland?" Arizona takes another look at the papers in her hands.

"They're not going to go far with Michi and Ohio fighting, though," New Mexico added in, "Even with Switzerland being amazing with guns."

"Iowa and Nebraska took Malaysia, Philippines, and Indonesia. Missouri and Kansas decided to team with the Korea Twins. Britain decided to team up with California and Texas for some reason. They're going to have a lot of fights," Arizona listed as she flipped through the pages, "A few countries wanted to have teams of their own."

"Did Spain team up with anyone? Maybe we could do the second part of the prank on him..." New Mexico pondered out loud, "He also wouldn't be bad at paintball."

Arizona had a creepy smile on her face, "That would be amazing! I can't wait!"

"Oh my god! You can't be talking about that part of the prank!" New Mexico gasped, clutching at their heart in playfulness.

Arizona had a deadpanned looked on her face, "It can't be anything else. I hope he suffers for what he did to [redacted]."

New Mexico looked to the side awkwardly, "I... yea, I agree." They gulped, complementing whether or not to tell them the news.

Arizona waved whatever concern New Mexico has away, "Anyway, how is California gonna participate? She's bedridden, remember?"

"I have no idea... but I have a feeling she's gonna do something crazy."

"I want ya'll to join my team!" Mississippi exclaimed at Australia and New Zealand, "Ya would be a nice addition!"

New Zealand didn't hesitate, "Of course, Mississippi! I'll try my best to help us win!"

"Why not? I'll join. If NZ is doing it, I'll do it too," Australia nodded, "Alabama is also a part of the team, yeah?"

Alabama popped up, still in his fancy suit. He put on shades and took out a paintball gun. "I'm righ' here, and ready ta win."

Alabama took a look at Australia's attire and instantly noted, "Ya remind me of Florida. Do ya like gators and insects?"

"Yes..?"

"Oh no-" Alabama spoke into a walkie-talkie he grabbed out of nowhere, "We have a Florida 2.0 on the premise, evacuate when the word Disneyland is tossed around! Thank ya and 22 is out!"

"Wait, what-"

"New York- For [these words were too extreme to show], put the goddamn gun down!!'" New Jersey was seething, ready to kill New York.

"Mhm," Was all New York replied as he slowly aimed it toward New Jersey's head, "stand still for a second, would you?" He teasingly smiled, chasing him around with a gun. He made sure it had the safety lock before having a little fun, nothing like scaring the life out of your siblings.

"No! I will not stand still, you ugly-looking roach that came from the disgusting sewers back in your stupid city!" Jersey stopped running and yelled in frustration, "Ugh! Why in the world would you point a gun at me? Don't you already know how sensitive-" Jersey started to rant, but was promptly shut down by Pennsylvania.

"Jersey, you know that the gun is-?" Pennsylvania tried to explain, but he wasn't listening.

New Jersey blocked out all the noise, just noticing New York standing there with a small smile. His eye twitched in anger... today wasn't his day, why did NY have to provoke him? What an AMAZING sibling! You don't just point guns at other people's heads unless you're in a war or hunting some damn thing!

All New York did was show a small sign of sympathy at his anger. OH! So now you wanna show sympathy to me! I wish I could shut your ugly two-faced act up-

New Jersey gave a good uppercut to New York, grabbing the attention of both Pennsylvania and New York in the room.

"What?" New York muttered in shock, gently touching his cheek that was becoming redder by the second, "Jersey, the gun was-"

New Jersey scoffed, "Well deserved."

New York stood up and smirked, "Doesn't matter in the end. How about I play paintball on my own? I can't wait to get you out the second we get onto the field."

Jersey gave him a challenging smile, "I bet 1,000 dollars that you won't."

Pennsylvania gave them alarming looks, "No, no, no! Nope! You guys aren't betting like last time during the Super Bowl! I do not want to clean up after you again."

"Heh," New York chuckled, "Coward. 5,000 dollars. What're 1,000 dollars to us anyway?"

Pennsylvania frowned, "It's a lot to me... imagine the number of things I could buy," She shook her head, "Also, no betting!!" She reprimanded them.

While they were fighting over the bet, the Netherlands walked into the room. The smell of smoke and waffles lay heavy on him. He was carrying a plate of food as he wanted them to eat before the game started. It was a sign of goodwill since he wasn't entirely sure if they were still pissed at him for the past.

However, he backed away once New York and New Jersey started to have a fistfight. Pennsylvania was trying her best to break it up but managed to get sucked into it too.

"Is that all, Joisey?" New York taunted.

"Don't call me "jOiSeY" you *sshole!" New Jersey replied, showing him "the finger".

"Stop you two! I swear to god if you guys shatter the glass vase again I will be throwing hands!" She stepped between them like a wall, "No mercy!"

"You want to test me?" New Jersey had a manic smile on him.

New York cleared his throat, "How does a bastard, orphan-"

"For the love of god, NEW YORK! We do not need to hear it for the millionth time!"

Netherlands stood in shock before shaking his head. It was just like Belgium and Luxembourg's fights, except on another level. He already knew what to perform to get them to stop.

He loudly announced, "I have food! But it seems everyone is busy, so I'll be eating it myself." That immediately made their heads snap toward him.

New Jersey looked excited, "Wait, is that Belgium's waffles? I heard it's the best out there. How did you get the recipe?"

New York smacked the top of his head, "Don't be dumb, Joisey! He learned it from her. You could see her teaching him from the security cameras I set up all around Europe."

New Jersey blinked in confusion, "What? You set up cameras in EUROPE!? I thought it was only in our states!"

Pennsylvania was dumbfounded by all this information, "Wait... what cameras? I'm confused about everything! Isn't that an invasion of their privacy...?"

Netherlands awkwardly coughed to end the conversation and ignore his confusion, "So... ja, come eat and stop fighting. Bedankt."

New York nodded, "That means thanks, right?"

"Yes, now let's get going. I also brought a couple of flowers for you." He directed them towards a chair and they sat down and started to eat.

He handed New Jersey a Chrysanthemum, New York a Red Lycoris, and Pennsylvania a White Lily. They all graciously accepted it.

"I found that each flower fits your outfits very well." Pennsylvania beamed at the Netherlands' words as it was true. The white lily slipped right into her hair. New York frowned and pinned the red flower on his suit. Meanwhile, New Jersey just held the yellow chrysanthemum. He was simply pondering on how Netherlands managed to get all the unique flowers.

Netherlands cleared his throat, "So, are you still going to fight each other?" New Jersey and New York glared at each other.

"Of course!"

"I can't wait to get more money! Aren't you rich enough, New York? Having fun being a manipulative *sshole to people?"

"Like you aren't rich, Joisey!"

"You didn't deny the fact that you're a-"

Pennsylvania and Netherlands sighed. Apparently, later on, New York and New Jersey decided they would be enemies to each other, but an ally to Pennsylvania and Netherlands. Why did they have to make it so difficult? For being some of the oldest states, their immaturity towards each other was absurd.

"Remind me why we're teamed together again?"

The room was a mess! Potatoes were splattered everywhere, their paintball gear was frozen, and somehow Minnesota got frozen too.

Montana tapped on Minnesota, "There has to be some way to undo the ice without burning you alive!"

Minnesota glared at Montana, but all that was heard were muffled screams. It was translated to: "Yes, you can! There's a fireplace right there, just bring me over! Are you blind? Did the ice somehow freeze your vision and brain?"

Idaho was tossing potatoes around, practicing to get the perfect aim. A few hit Minnesota, which gently knocked them into the fireplace.

Minnesota popped out from the frost, "Thank god I got out... You two get over here! I know we're about to start, but who says I can't give you guys a little knock in the head!!"

...

In the end, everyone got their butt beat. The "little knock in the head!!" resulted in a full-out brawl that resulted in several dark bruises and sprains.

UN blew a whistle and shouted, "Everyone, get into your positions! When the timer reaches one minute, the paintball fight will start! We have already gotten over the rules, but if you need a reminder and map, it's on your phone."

50 seconds.

California, unfortunately injured, showed up with a silly android in their place. It was in a shape of a cute kitten! Perhaps the adorableness would distract the opponents?

"Pfft, whatcha gonna do with a dang cat?" Texas snickered, "Sorry ta burst ya bubble, but we might get our butt's beat in one round!"

Britain adjusted his gear, "Even so, I'd say we have a decent fight. California is fairly adequate at making these robots. Surely this one can lead us to have some victory over our opponents."

[California cat replied: "YeS! I haVe tOld yoU, agaIn aNd Again, dO noT unDerEstimaTe mE!"]

Texas sighed, "I know already... but why did you have to make this robot have a terrible chat function? I can barely understand what it's saying with the glitches."

[California cat replied: "IT's a WorK in pRogrEss."]

30 seconds

"America, did you check over the guns again?" Canada asked him. He noticed he was slowly falling in and out of sleep, with his eyelids heavy and barely opening. The lack of sleep he had, once again, was catching up to him.

"I'm fine... even if some guns are full of actual bullets, I'm pretty sure the states will have a laugh finding a real gun in there." He tiredly chuckled, "I'll be okay. They know the difference, hopefully. All I have to do is monitor anyway."

Canada shrugged, "True. You're a gun-heavy nation. If they didn't know how to use and identify guns, I'd be surprised."

10 seconds.

"Well, we're gonna start. Are you prepared, Maine?" Massachusetts smiled, "Just remember the route, and we'll make it into the top 15."

"Hm. I still feel guilty, though. Whatever. It's a bit of finding the loopholes, but it'll work."

Massachusetts' smile increased into one of a Cheshire cat grin, "I'm so excited. I've been waiting to use this plan for ages! Hold a second, let me show you-"

0 seconds.

"And we shall begin, now!"

All hell broke loose.

A/N: Finally, the end of a chapter! This is probably one of my longest, I'd say?

I know I didn't mention every state or the group that they would be in. So if you're wondering or want them to be there, just comment (a) state(s) here:

Recommendations for scenarios can also be here! I've been looking at past comments but there are so many... As long as it'll fit into the story-wise, I don't mind writing it in:

I'm tryna feature every state, but it's hard to keep track of all fifty. I wonder how America does it... Although I can guarantee that I will have everyone for the next chapter(s) since it'll be everyone's perspective on the paintball.

For those here until the end: I want to thank you guys! To be honest, I'm not even sure how to manage to accumulate 55k+ reads... but I'm grateful. I grew out of the CH and SH fandom a while ago, but this has a nice place in my heart. Still gonna write it because I love this fic (even after all these years, with all the cringe and editing) and I strongly dislike unfinished fics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 815 10
With the rising concern of nuclear weapons countries and organisations are trying to settle on a safe agreement. Unfortunately, not every country is...
116 3 2
uhh why not i'm bored in class and i want to do this :D so ill probs update when i am in class sooo you don't have to read this it has nothing import...
152K 4.9K 75
Cover done by @NightSky259 (thank you so much!) It all started with a pandemic. The countries, unions, and governments are all working to try and hel...
1.1K 25 21
I suck at descriptions tbh. So how's life? I know, boring, I made this because I need something that I feel good at. I made this because I'm not impo...