AFTERGLOW , THEO RAEKEN ( 2 )

By hqleslvr

// afterglow " it's all me, in my head, im the one who burned us down " ( fem! oc x theo raeken ) ( book 2... More

๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
two. parasomnia
three. dreamcatchers
four. condition terminal
five. a novel approach
six. required reading
seven. strange frequencies

one. creatures of the night

1.5K 55 16
By hqleslvr

BEACON HILLS was the town that never stayed quiet. Yet somehow, 6 months had gone by after the events of Mexico and nothing had come up. Peaceful, but unsettling considering how used the pack was to facing dangers.

Malia had completely forgiven Stiles for lying to her about being Peter Hale's daughter, but had to worry about working hard at summer school to get enough credits to become a senior. The same went for Selina who had built a nice relationship with Liam; Scott's first beta and the newest member of the pack.

Scott and Kira were still happy as they could be, but the Alpha became lonesome when the kitsune left to spend time on the other side of the continent in New York. They left things off well, Scott just missed her wholesome personality and her company.

But the best part of it was Derek and Paige's much awaited wedding on July 20th

The couple got married in a park, only with the pack attending as well as another last minute attendees; such as Chris, Braeden, and Cora who wouldn't dare to miss her big brother getting married. As well as Isaac who managed to get a flight out of France at last minute.

With the temporary reunion with everyone, it made Derek's special day way better, also with the rave everyone had back at the loft. Derek and Paige having their first dance to 'Livin' On a Prayer by Bon Jovi' was the coolest, yet the least expected part of the post-wedding party.

For their honeymoon, they did one week in Paris and a second week in Italy since they couldn't decide between the destinations- so they chose both. Then they came home to the annoying teenagers they surround themselves with; aside from Selina and Malia, their family.

The last day before the start of school again was the night of the Senior Scribe for the older pack members, and also a full moon.

Selina ran through the woods of Beacon Hills happily and freely, turned as a full werewolf. As much as the Hale found her ability to fully shift very cool, it sometimes sucked since she could smell things that should never be in the woods and also there was the fear of her being shot.

She would only fully shift if it was absolutely necessary.

Stiles and Scott had finished chaining Liam to a nearby tree for the duration of the full moon at the Lookout Point of Beacon Hills, and when they reached into the Jeep for a few folded up papers, Stiles turned his head to a brown furred, blue eyed werewolf trotting towards them.

The Stilinski whined, "You've got to be kidding me"He said.

Curiously, Scott swifted his head and let out a heavy sigh at Selina's unexpected presence. When the Hale got to the vehicle, she shifted back to human which gave Liam a fluttery sensation as he looked at his butt naked girlfriend at the car.

"Boys"Selina greeted bluntly, swerving her head around the corner while standing at the back.

"Selina"Stiles said awkwardly while Scott reached into the back seat.

Scott threw the Hale a set of her clothes, "I thought we told you to take your time tonight. The moon isn't even fully out yet"He reminded.

"I wasn't keen on running around the woods during the entirety of the full moon when I know you dipshits are doing some kinky chain crap to keep my boyfriend in control tonight"Selina rambled on, putting on her underwear and then pulling her jeans up over her thighs. "Plus, I think he might do better with me here by his side"

"And why are you at the Lookout Point?"The Hale queried, putting her arms through the sleeves of her shirt.

"They want to see how well I do this time close to the moon"Liam stepped in while being chained onto the tree afar. Now fully dressed, Selina stepped out from behind the Jeep with a surprised expression on her face.

"We also need a place to figure out colleges"Scott added on calmly, gesturing to the folded up map of Beacon Hills Stiles held in his hand as he brought out a pair of socks and boots. "Call it multitasking"

Selina hummed, "Whatever"

The girl slipped the socks on her feet and then zipped up her black boots. Without giving the two older teens time to say anything, Selina jogged over to the tree where her boyfriend was chained up with a big grin on her face. Stiles and Scott tried to stop her, but they didn't feel like getting shouted at, especially since it was the full moon and Selina had a vicious personality already.

"You can't convince them to let me out?"Liam queried with a soft look on his face.

"Sorry dude,"Selina apologized, patting the side of his cheek, "it's just the things we do to keep people like us in control"

Liam let out a semi long groan, making Selina chuckle as she sat herself on the ground with her legs crossed. The young couple talked and talked while Scott and Stiles sat by the Jeep talking about college destinations. Talking was to keep Liam distracted from the full moon- to keep him in control.

Over the 6 months, Liam had still been using the "The Sun, The Moon, The Truth" mantra to keep himself human during the full moons which had thankfully been working for Liam.

For Selina, using the anger technique suggested by Derek had been working like it always had, but if she lost control at any point or if she got stressed by school, she would shift into a full werewolf to blow off some steam as well as if it was necessary.

Also over the 6 months was Selina's 16th birthday; June 12th

It was a fun day full of laughter, especially the food fight after Paige playfully shoved Selina's face in the birthday cake when the girl blew out the candles. The loft got covered in red velvet cake and Dominoes pizza, but it was unforgettable.

Selina was now standing by Liam's side when she realized if she sat down too long, the dirty ground with stain her new jeans. She slowly paced back and forth, kicking the leaves while she did.

"How you doing?"The Hale asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm okay"Liam answered, attempting to shrug his shoulders. "These chains and handcuffs are cold though"

Selina stopped in front of Liam, "You in pain?"She wondered.

"Not really, it's just tight"Liam said, shaking his head.

Selina turned her head to the two seniors afar who glanced up at the sky that crackled with loud thunder. "Can you let him out?."She raised her voice.

Scott and Stiles turned their heads from the front of the car, Stiles with an irritated expression on his face. "Hey, trying to have an adult conversation over here"The Stilinski boy stated. "You're two years older than us!"Selina reminded annoyed.

"I'm fine"Liam joined in. "Just let me go"

Still annoyed, Stiles reached into the Jeep to grab the bag where the chains were kept and Scott started walking to the tree with his best friend trailing behind him. "Thank you"Selina mouthed with a relieved grin.

"It's not that we don't trust you"Scott stated.

Stiles raised his finger, "I don't trust you"

"No shit"Selina bluntly commented as Scott fiddled with the keys

"But after that last full moon..."Scott said, scrunching his face.

"It was one slip up"Liam said defensively.

"Slip up?"Stiles raised an eyebrow. "A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a monstrous dog-boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked, that's a slip up?"

"Why were you naked?"Scott queried curiously. Stiles slowly turned his head to Selina, quirking an eyebrow to the Hale who stood at the side of the tied tree. Then so did Scott when the same thought entered his mind.

Selina put her hands up, "Don't look at me, he was the one naked! I was fully clothed!"She argued.

The two seniors gave Selina an unconvinced look as she folded her arms over her chest. The 16 year old exhaled heavily, "Fine, you caught me"She confessed and Stiles grimaced.

"It was really hot out that night, okay"Liam stated. "Let me go". "You sure you're okay?"Scott asked curiously. "It won't happen again"Liam promised.

"You're in complete total control?"Scott double checked, nodding slowly.

"Yeah, complete and total"Liam responded. Scott unlocked the handcuffs, setting Liam's hands free. "You know, your lucky Derek approves of you two dating"Stiles mentioned, starting to help Scott unravel the chains. "He would've went full protective Dad on your ass"

"He did"Selina recalled.

"He talked to me for nearly 2 hours straight while coming back from Mexico, I felt like I was in an interrogation room"Liam rambled on when Stiles let out a loud snicker from behind the tree. "Stop laughing at it!"

"Sorry,"Stiles said coming back round from the corner, "it's the thought of it makes me cackle". "It's fine now, Dad just gives Liam the iconic "grumpy wolf stare" every now and then"Selina explained to the seniors. The two teenagers managed to completely unravel the chains, Stiles dumped them in the duffel bag lying on the ground and carried it back to the car.

Liam stood in front of the tree now flat on his feet, his fist clenched together until he opened them up. Selina glanced down at them to see indents from his fingernails that made the palm of his hands bleed.

"You lied to him"The Hale said, a slight sympathetic look on her face.

"I'm trying my hardest,"Liam told her as Selina carefully cupped the betas bloody hands, "I think my IED might have something to do with it, getting bitten might've amplified it- meaning I get really angry way easier"

"Then use that anger to control the shift"Selina encouraged. "My Dad uses it, Scott uses it, even I use it. And if we can, then so can you"

Liam hung his head down, feeling disappointed in himself

"Hey,"Selina cupped his cheeks to bring his head back up, "you're doing great. I'm really proud of you, pumpkin"

"I didn't agree to that nickname"Liam stated, shaking his head. "Too bad,"Selina raised her eyebrows with a smirk, "when I say it, it sticks"

Liam chuckled lightly, smiling into the long warm kiss that Selina planted on the betas lips. "Get a room!"Scott playfully shouted from the passenger seat door. With her lips still pressed onto Liam's, Selina stuck up her middle finger up to the werewolf who saw them kiss.

"If you don't get in the car, we're leaving you behind!"Stiles bluntly shouted.

The two young teenagers pulled apart and they started walking back to the car, with Liam's hands inside his pockets and Scott tapping his fingers on the side of the door waiting for them to get in.

Before Selina went into the backseat, she pointed her finger to Stiles who was putting his seat belt on. "You,"Selina said and Stiles turned his head with a confused expression on his face, "shut the fuck up and mind your own business"

~

Stiles drove his Jeep along a long, quiet road away from the woods where they just were. Liam lent closer to Stiles while Scott and Selina spent time on their phone.

"Is it a party?"Liam asked. "It is not a party"Stiles denied. "Then what's at midnight?"Liam queried curiously.

"Your bedtime"Stiles sarcastically replied.

"Aren't you funny"Selina mocked under her breath, staring down at her phone.

Liam put an annoyed look on his face, "Why aren't the girls going?"He questioned.

"They're meeting us there, okay?"Stiles annoyingly answered. "And just stop asking questions, all right? It's a senior thing, you'll know when you're a senior"

Selina let out a frustrated groan. "What's wrong?"Liam asked, turning his head with a slight chuckle.

"Instagram isn't loading, and I'm getting pissed"The soon to be junior answered, gritting her teeth together. And if that wasn't enough, the app stopped showing new posts on her feed. "Great! Now it's not working all together"

"Mine neither"Scott agreed suspiciously, curling his eyebrows. Suddenly, the engine started sputtering and the headlights of the vehicle started to flicker

"Oh, what the hell?"Stiles exclaimed confused. The Jeep continued to move forward slowly until it completely stopped in the middle of the road. "You out of gas?"Liam wondered.

"No, it's electrical"Stiles corrected, unbuckling his seat belt. "Probably the alternator again"With Scott going with him, they got out of the front and went to check the hood of the car.

Selina let out an exhale, "He really needs to get this thing repaired professionally, I swear to god"She whispered.

Liam crawled back into his seat, reaching into his jean pocket for his wired earphones. Selina repeatedly tapped on the case of her phone that laid face down in her lap bored, since it suddenly wasn't working and also had no use due to its low battery.

However, as Liam went to put one earbud in, a loud crackling sound came from not far away- behind them.

Liam and Selina, who both heard it, turned their heads to look through the back window of the Jeep, but couldn't see anything on the road that would explain the sound. This made them slightly nervous. "Boys"Selina said, turning to where they stood repairing the hood of the car.

No response came from Scott and Stiles, but Selina turned back around to double check if there was actually something on the road. Then a lightning bolt hit the pavement, and it was quite close to the vehicle.

Liam jumped and turned his head, "Guys!"He shouted.

"Yeah, give us a second, please"Stiles called out, pulling on the end of the roll of duct tape from the hood of the car.

"Liam, Selina, stay in the car, okay?"Scott added on.

"Stay in the car my ass"Selina hissed.

But as the Hale was about to say something else, another crack of lightning hit the concrete, this time incredibly close to Scott and Stiles, making them jump also.

"That was close"Scott said.

"Very close"Stiles specified, catching his breath. The Jeep's engine then started again and the headlights came back on; it was if like it didn't malfunction at all, everything was fine.

Liam reached over his girlfriend and poked his head out the window, "Can we go now?"

~

Still spooked about the lightning bolts on the road, the four continued to drive on the long road to the main town to collect Malia who was going to the school with Scott and Stiles for what they finally revealed to the youngsters was "The Senior Scribe"

The Jeep pulled into the entrance of a parking lot with a crowd of people helping with the damage the storm had done to its surroundings. Selina, who sat forward excited to see the werecoyote, stared at the horn in the middle of the steering wheel that Stiles had his hands gripped in.

"I wanna press it"She bluntly said.

"Absolutely not"Stiles denied, shaking his head. He turned his head to the Hale who had a pondering expression on her face, her lips were pouted and her eyebrow was raised as she continued to stare at the wheel. "Stop thinking about it!"

Stiles put his eyes back on the road, and it was when they pulled into where Malia was when Selina leaned forward and honked the horn three times.

"Oi, Selina!"Stiles exclaimed.

Selina sat back in her seat with a proud grin on her face, not caring about the pissed off emotion coming from Stiles as the car pulled into a parking spot. He stopped the vehicle and leaned his head out the window

"Sorry we're late"The boy apologized. "Hey"Without any warning, Stiles and Malia shared a long, heartfelt kiss between one another, making the people who they were with look away. Thankfully, it ended and Liam put himself forward to look at Malia's adoptive Father who stood behind the were-coyote.

"I'm sorry too"He said grinning. Selina let out a loud snicker before pulling Liam back to his seat. "You kids do remember I own a gun, right?"Tate asked.

"Vividly"Stiles replied. Tate gave Malia a wink before walking away which killed the boys fear of the man doing something to them.

"Well, get in bitch"Selina said excitedly.

Stiles had gotten out the car to let Malia in the back, and when she did, Selina shifted to the end seat so her cousin could sit in the middle. The coyote and Liam exchanged awkward smiles when she got comfortable in the Jeep at the same time Stiles shut the drivers door closed, now sitting back in the seat.

Now that Malia was settled, Scott and Stiles turned to look at her with curiosity in their eyes.

"What?"The girl asked.

"Did you find out yet?"Stiles wondered in a desperate tone.

"Find out what?"Liam said, managing to hear through his music.

"They're gonna email me"Malia responded to the seniors.

"Is this about summer school?"Liam spoke up curiously. Selina shifted her head to the beta, widening her eyes and gritting her teeth.

Malia turned to Stiles, "You told him?"She said.

"Oh, no,"Liam said as Selina did a fast swiping motion at her neck, telling her boyfriend to shut the fuck up, "all they said was you had to go to summer school 'cause the principal said your test scores weren't good enough and you might have to repeat junior year"

With a look of rage on their faces, Selina slouched in her seat frustrated and Malia shot her boyfriend an annoyed expression.

Stiles turned to Scott, "We should've left him chained to the tree"

~

The group drove to the hospital, the seniors were early for the Senior Scribe and couldn't stay outside with the storm and the damage it was doing to Beacon Hills. Stiles and Malia stayed downstairs while Liam and Selina walked behind Scott who headed for the elevator.

"My dad's helping out in surgery, he's not gonna be done for hours"The beta informed with his hands deep inside of his pockets. "So Selina and I are either hanging out here or we could still go with you guys"

"Yeah,"Selina agreed with a smirk growing on her face, "I could go back to the loft and grab some spray paint, we could mark our territory at that shit hole"

Scott pressed the elevator button for the ground floor before turning to Liam.

"Show me your hands"He said calmly.

Liam let out a sigh, looking around before pulling out his two hands that had dried blood on the palms and underneath his fingernails. "Okay, so I'm still having trouble"Liam confessed slightly nervous.

"No, you're still learning"Scott corrected in a comforting tone when the boy hung his head down. "What do you do to stay focused on not changing?"Liam pointed his finger to Selina who stood at his side, and as the Hale smiled, Liam also pulled out his headphones that were stuffed inside of his shirt.

"But it's not working"Liam stated upset. "Neither of them"

"It's working enough"Selina assured, gently putting a hand on his back. "My Dad said you were one of the strongest that he'd ever seen at your age"

"And coming from Derek, that means a lot"Scott added on to Selina's comment. The elevator doors opened and Scott stepped inside, putting a hand on the door so they wont close yet. "Maybe means that things are gonna be harder for you for a while. But it also means something else, doesn't it?"

"That I'm really strong?"

Scott took his arm down, "Hell, yeah"He said.

The elevators doors closed as Scott shot his beta a smile. Noticing that Liam was still feeling guilty from lying to Scott about being in control, the way to cheer him up immediately popped into her head.

"You hungry?"She asked. Liam turned his head to see his girlfriend pulling out her phone and taking off her phone case. Selina took out a ten dollar bill from the back and held it up. "There's a vending machine near the ICU, we can get something there"

"Sure"Liam agreed, a smile growing on his face. He connected his hand with Selina's and they descended down the hall to the vending machine.

~

"His claws were different, twice the size of Scott's, more like talons"Jordan described as he stood in the morgue with the Sheriff, Melissa and Paige; who had been volunteering there for the past few weeks. The three listened to the once injured, now healed deputy who had been attacked while responding to a minor noise complaint.

"If that's supposed the worst part, then that doesn't sound too bad"Melissa said, slightly confused. "It's worse"Jordan stated sternly. "They did something to me, I don't know how to describe it other than it felt as if the life of me was drawn of me through them- through the claws"

Noah turned to Paige, "Is that even possible?"He asked.

"I've never heard anything about something like that, I don't think Derek has either"Paige thought, her sitting on her hips as she shook her head.

"Now he's looking for Scott?"Melissa queried, going back to Jordan.

"Which got me thinking about what this guy can do"The deputy told them. "The rule is that you have to kill an Alpha to steal their power, right?". "But it's different for Scott, you can't steal a True Alpha's power"Paige stated.

Jordan looked up, "I think this guy can"He said nervously.

Liam, who was listening in from the other side of the door with Selina behind him, immediately rose up at the conversation. Scott was in danger, and they needed to warn him- or at least someone. "Let's go"Liam said, telling Selina to follow him and the two werewolves ran through the hospital to outside in the pouring rain.

"Wait,"Selina called out while she stopped in the parking lot and Liam did also before running ahead, turning back to his girlfriend, "how are we gonna get to the school? Neither of us have a car!"

"We run"Liam answered.

"We can't steal a car and drive there?"Selina asked, raising her voice over the heavy rainfall. "I don't mind graduating high school with a grand theft auto charge, you know"

"It's the quickest way, Selina"Liam said. Selina fell silent, trying to think of another way of getting to the school, but her boyfriend was right, plus they also had super speed. Liam held out his hand. "Are you coming or not?"

Selina took his hand and the couple started sprinting to Beacon Hills High School in the pouring rain. The two had gotten completely soaked, even if they were moving as fast as they were going. Selina expected the run to be long considering how far away the hospital was from the school, but in fact, it wasn't too long

The first people who they came across was Stiles and Malia, and they just ran towards them without bothering to find Scott himself.

Selina trailed behind Liam when she stopped in attempt to catch her breath. The beta managed to get to the couple, but Malia had put her hand to his chest and slammed him onto the ground. "Malia!"Selina said, drenched in rain as she stopped at Liam's head.

"Oh my god!"Stiles exclaimed surprised, confused about their presence.

Liam panted heavily, "Scott's in trouble"He said.

Malia turned to Stiles who sighed, knowing it was about time for another threat to pop up. The were-coyote had let go of Liam when she started using her hearing to try and find Scott, or anything that would give her the impression that someone was getting hurt- and after a few moments, she found him.

"This way"Malia said before charging off and the remaining three followed her. They followed Malia to a place they were all familiar with, the staircase near the lacrosse field- the same place where Selina had a fight with the Oni, where Aiden Steiner was killed.

When they saw Scott through the heavy fain, the three supernaturals shifted- their claws came out and so did their fangs.

But they were stunned when the group saw a tall creature jamming his claws into Scott, making him stumble to the floor weak. Noticing this, Liam snarled viciously, and then so did Selina.

Scott groaned as he fell to his knees, gasping for breath. A few moments went by and the werewolf was unresponsive, until he wasn't. With his eyes glowing red, Scott grabbed the wrist to bring himself back up, then he twisted the man's arm broken, removing his weird claws and throwing them to the floor.

Scott looked at the man who fell to his knees while holding his broken arm, "I don't know who you are or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice. You can stay and I'll break something else. Or you can run"He spat.

The unknown man turned his head to Scott's pack who stood and watched the scene.

"I'd run"Stiles spoke up.

So the man got up and ran off into the night while growling. The group gathered together, including Kira who held her sword tightly in her hand. But that was when their eyes fell onto somebody else, someone who watched the creature run off. He was the same age as Scott, with brown hair, a gleaming look in his hazel eyes.

He formed a smile with his lips before stepping towards them all. "You don't remember me, do you?"He asked. The boy stopped just inches away from the confused teenagers. "I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade"

Selina's face lit up in realization, "Theo?"She wondered surprised. And with a small grin, Theo nodded his head.

"You know him?"Malia asked, turning to her cousin who had a stunned look on her face

"They used to"Theo specified. "Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again. Couple of months ago, I heard of an Alpha in Beacon Hills, when I found out his name was Scott McCall, just couldn't believe it. Not just an Alpha, but a True Alpha"

"What do you want?"Scott asked curiously.

"I came back to Beacon Hills"Theo answered. "Back home with my family"But the next thing that the boy said would leave him suspicious to nearly everyone standing in front of people.

"Because I want to be a part of your pack"

~

Liam and Selina stood in his room in dry pajamas, Liam put their wet clothes over a radiator and Selina tied up her brunette hair in the mirror. "So, what's the deal with this Theo guy?"He wondered.

"You want to talk about some guy I knew when I was 7 years old before we go to bed?"Selina asked surprised, tightening the low ponytail. She looked in the mirror to see a small, hesitant nod come from Liam. "We were like you and Mason before there was you and Mason"

"Best friends?"Liam assumed and Selina nodded.

"I think we might've been closer than him and Scott actually,"Selina thought, adjusting her pajama shorts as she walked over to her boyfriend, "I was really upset when he left Beacon Hills"

"Now that he's here, are you and Theo going to be friends again?"Liam queried

"I hope so"Selina responded, excitement building up in her. But what stopped it was the sudden emotion that came from Liam; nervousness. It made Selina curious. "Is that going to be a problem for you?"

"No, I-I'm just curious"Liam denied as he turned around. "I've just never met him, I don't know what he's like"

Selina held his hands, "Well, he's kind, genuine, and smart. But it's been years since I've seen him and we've all went through puberty at some point, so he might've changed a little bit"

Liam let out a chuckle when the Hale leaned closer to her boyfriend with a serious look on her face. "Theo and I are friends, and that's that"She promised. "You've got absolutely nothing to worry about, pumpkin"

"Stop calling me that"Liam pleaded, shaking his head.

Selina quickly kissed his lips, "Never"She promised.

As Selina made her way over to the bed for the night, Liam took a moment to clear his thoughts before joining her. It was just the way she looked at him- it was the way Theo and Selina looked at one another when they reunited that got Liam nervous. And just one look can say a lot of things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 117 18
[ BOOK 5 ] COMPLETE โŒ It's been three months since the dread doctors, the beast of Gรฉvaudan, Theo, Katherine was busy, she's been focusing on schoo...
51K 950 51
"maybe when the time is right you will find me again." season 5a: complete season 5b: complete season 6a: complete season 6b: complete [THEO RAEKEN] ...
29.7K 1.5K 45
"๐“‘๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“˜ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ" ๐˜ค๏ฟฝ...
46.6K 179 31
some smut! you can read this even if you haven't seen teenwolf, i would advise you to google the characters name and look at a few photos maybe. (the...