MISTRESS OF FLAME

By CeCeLib

[ BOOK 1 OF AZITERA: YTHER'S QUEEN ] Consumed by avarice, the four human kingdoms-the Infernal Empire, the Ki... More

SYNOPSIS
SOLLEL
AZITERA MAP
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Rescue
SPECIAL CHAPTER: A peek into the past
WRITER'S REVEAL: How the Azitera Series came to be
[FREE PREVIEW] - The Descendant of Sappher and the Former Elf Princess
SPECIAL CHAPTER: The Descendant of Sappher and the Former Elf Princess
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Bathtub (R-18)
SPECIAL CHAPTER: The Mistress of the Wind

CHAPTER 65

91.2K 9.1K 4.4K
By CeCeLib

CHAPTER 65

SOLLEL IMMEDIATELY destroyed the enchanted necklace Hakkeran was wearing so he could enter the hall earlier without anyone questioning who he was. "You don't need this anymore. As much as I like your handsome Hakkeran face, I want your real face."

Hakkeran just smiled and wrapped his arms around Sollel's waist. "King Tirac will throw a fit if he found out that I destroyed two of his important and expensive creations."

"Tell him the Mistress of Flame destroyed it." Said Sollel because she knew King Tirac wouldn't mind if it was her. "That will shut him up."

"Don't mind if I do." Hakkeran pressed his lips on his lady's forehead and whispered. "You're very beautiful in that dress, by the way."

That made Sollel smile. "You like it?"

"Yes. Very."

Sollel was pleased and she was about to wrap her arms around Hakkeran's neck and kiss her lord when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Your Excellency, Your Highness, may we leave and go to Adral?" It was Gabin, who didn't want to stay in the destroyed palace of Infernal Empire.

Gabin didn't know how the two could stay loving and sweet while they were surrounded by debris, flames, lava, flaming swords, chaos, destruction and death. They are really meant for each other, Gabin thought when the queen turned to him with a sullen look, as if angry that he interrupted their loving and sweet moments.

"My lady," Hakkeran kissed Sollel on the temple before he introduced his trusted aide seeing how his lady's face turning dark. "This is Gabin, my trusted aide. Gabin, this is my lady and my Krahika, Queen Sollel. From now on, you will aide her too."

Upon hearing that, Sollel's face lit up and she even smiled. "Oh. So you're the trusted aide."

Gabin was relieved to see the queen smiling. I will not turn into crisp Gabin. "A pleasure to meet you, Your Highness. I hope that I can be of your service in the future." Gabin bowed his head, respectfully, as he hopes that the queen will not stress him out like his lordship. "I apologize for interrupting your moment with His Excellency, but it would be best if we change location."

Sollel looked around them before returning her eyes at Gabin. "You don't like what I did to the place?"

"Yes, Gabin." Hakkeran seconded as if scolding Gabin. "I think my lady did amazingly with this place."

Gabin had to stop himself from looking at the queen and his excellency flatly. Yes. They are really meant for each other and yes, they will give me headaches in the future. "Your Excellency, we have a guest in Adral, remember?"

As if Hakkeran only remembered their guest, he replied, "oh, yes. We have a guest. Let's get going then." And from his ring, he took out a bead and called Nessus. "Come out, Nessus. We're going home."

When Nessus came out, he immediately went to rub his beak against Sollel's arm making Sollel smile.

"You miss me?" Sollel ruffled Nessus' feather before looking at Hakkeran. "Go ahead first and wait for me in the sky.

Hakkeran just nodded and didn't ask any more question. He asked Gabin to mount Nessus after he mounted and told Nessus to fly up.

Up in the air, where they could see whole palace, that was the only time Hakkeran and Gabin saw the destruction Queen Sollel caused.

"What a scary queen," Gabin muttered under his breath, seeing the ruins below them caused by nothing but flame— destructive flames. Everything was burnt and destroyed. Death could be smelled in the air and even at that moment, the whole city was being devoured by lava and sea of flames as people scattered to escape.

The Mistress of Flame didn't focus on the citizens, but no one was spared in the palace.

Well, there was one.

Emperor Gabrien who lost his mind while watching his beloved empire burning and being destroyed.

And the said emperor was being carried by the Mistress of Flame by the collar as she flew up to the sky, her flame wings flapping as she flew higher and higher to reach Nessus.

"She... can fly too?" Gabin was in awe seeing the Mistress of Flame surveying the destruction she caused from the air. He had heard so much about Queen Sollel, but he didn't know she could fly too.

Hakkeran smiled seeing his lady flying so freely in the sky. Her strength and confidence was truly enchanting. "Yes. She can. Isn't my queen amazing, Gabin? I feel so blessed."

Gabin only nodded at his excellency when he saw how proud the warlord looked while watching his Krahika. "She's very terrifying, Your Excellency. I suggest you don't anger her or you will be Warlord crisp Hakkeran Adral."

Hakkeran glared at Gabin. "Gabin, do you want to die by falling from Nessus?"

Gabin immediately smiled at his lordship. "Of course not, Your Excellency. Queen Sollel seemed to adore you so much. I'm sure she won't burn you."

Hakkeran nodded, looking pleased at Gabin's change of wordings.

Gabin sighed after seeing his lordship suddenly in a good mood. Good thinking, Gabin. He patted himself on the back for saving himself and just silently watched the Mistress of Flame flying high in the sky with the emperor in her hand.

Anyone could see how happy she looked while flying. She looked so carefree. Far from the terrifying Mistress of Flame from earlier. That was horrifying, especially when he felt his condense essence filling the room, suffocating everyone including him.

Gabin immediately sits upright when the queen flew towards them.

"Nessus!" The queen was beaming as she asked Nessus to carry the emperor by biting the emperor's collar. "I'm sorry for asking you to do such a hard task, little Nessus." The queens spoke in a cuddle-like voice. "If you got tired, you can just drop him. I don't mind. Just don't kill him. Okay, Nessus?"

Like his master, Nessus was smitten to the queen and nodded.

Like master, like pet. Gabin thought and he stayed silent and just watched the queen's float in front of the warlord and kissed him.

Gabin wanted to sigh, but inwardly, he was happy for his lordship. He was with him in his every struggle. He was with him when he was doubting himself if he was enough for his queen. He was with him when he's planning everything to free his queen. So, to see him happy after so many lifetimes, he was overjoyed for his excellency.

But— yes, there was a but— seeing them kissing in front of him without care and respect for a single man like him, Gabin wanted to speak his mind and complain. But knowing how the queen hated to be interrupted and knowing how scary she was when mad, he kept his mouth shut and just waited for the two to finish devouring each other's lips like there was no tomorrow.

Gabin nearly sighed in relief when the two finally pulled away from each other.

"Go ahead. I'll follow." Said the queen to Warlord Hakkeran before she flew high in the sky that even Nessus couldn't reach with a wide smile on her lips, like a child that had been unleashed for the first time.

As for Hakkeran, seeing his queen flying freely with her flame wings, he patted Nessus' back and told him to fly to Adral. Immediately, Nessus flapped his wings and flew towards the direction to Adral while Sollel was just flying above them.

When they passed the city gate of Faberion where everyone was trampling each other just to leave the city, Sollel flew down and took the emperor from Nessus's teeth and she just nonchalantly dropped Emperor Gabrien outside the gate, shocking the citizen, but Sollel couldn't care less.

Sollel flew up and once she was high enough, she faced the city of Faberion and raised her hand. In a heartbeat, balls of flames started falling again. It was small in size, but it moves fast and it covers a wide range of area.

Seeing that, Gabin's lips parted and he couldn't help asking. "She's still not done?"

As if to answer Gabin, Sollel called her blood of flame and created two volcanoes. The once prosperous city of Faberion now houses three active volcanoes that kept erupting molten lava. One in the palace ruins and now two in the city center.

Satisfied with her destructive creation, Sollel flew towards Nessus and willed her wings to disappear as she wrapped her arms around Hakkeran and kneeled in the front, facing the warlord.

And like a tamed creature, Sollel rested her head on Hakkeran's shoulder as if resting, and she whispered.

"Thank you, Hakkeran." Those words were not enough so she just hugged Hakkeran as tight as she could. "I'm strong, but without you and everyone who helped me, I don't know if I could succeed."

Hakkeran smiled and pressed his lips on his lady's shoulder. "Anytime, my lady. I'll always be there for you."

Sollel smiled brightly and buried her face in Hakkeran's neck. She liked the feeling of being with Hakkeran. She liked being with him. She felt like with Hakkeran by her side, no one could hurt her.

"Hakkeran?"

Hakkeran wrapped his arm around his lady's waist and pulled her closer to him. "Hmm?"

"Stay with me, okay?" For the first time in Sollel's life, she was scared to lose a man— her man. "Don't you dare leave me."

Hakkeran had to control his lips from grinning, but his face was more honest that his lips. It was red. "I already proposed, my lady. And there is no me, if there was no you. I don't think I'll survive without you in my life again."

Sollel knew that Hakkeran would never leave her, but that was not enough for her anymore. Even if Hakkeran didn't want to leave her, there was one thing that could separate them and that was death.

"We have to find Aenwyn fast." Sollel was already ready to go to Nayale Archipelago even though it was mostly made of water. "I want to bond your life essence to mine, so you won't have to die and undergo rebirth. You'll be with me for as long as I breath. Though, only if you wanted to."

Hakkeran would never say no to such blessing. "I would gladly accept, my lady. To love you and stay by your side until our very last breath, I feel like you're spoiling me."

"Isn't it normal to spoil the one you love?" Sollel answered and Hakkeran stilled. He didn't know if his queen realized what she just said, but he didn't point it out and just hugged his queen tightly.

He will let her figure it out herself. He will wait patiently for her 'I love you' like how he patiently waited to see her again. There was no rush. They will always be together from now on.

Hakkeran closed his eyes and he savors the feeling of his queen on his arms. Warm and soft. Ah. I want her so much it'll really kill me if I couldn't have her. What was he thinking before that he'll be happy even if his queen didn't reciprocate his feelings? That was bullshit! Because after spending time with his lady, he got hooked and addicted.

I'm glad she chose me as her hunter that day. Hakkeran smiled at the memory. Yes. I'm glad.

Hakkeran snapped out from his reverie when Sollel pulled away from him to change her position. From kneeling on Nessus back to sitting, her back on him. She was leaning against his chest and Sollel guided his arms to wrap around her making Hakkeran smile.

When they first met in Ashmire, his queen was not talking. She seldom talks. There was no reaction from her even how much he flirts with her. But gradually, she started to change and now, she looked so comfortable while leaning on him.

We've come a long way. He kissed Sollel's on the shoulder and neck before he hugged her tightly from behind.

Meanwhile, Gabin sitting on the rear was suffering in silence because he was single and had no partner. And even though there was someone he likes, his lordship was too much of a stress and now, another one added to his stress.

A madman warlord and the Queen of destruction. Good luck, self. You will need it. Gabin was hoping that the stress would not kill him, but with these two in front of him, Gabin had a feeling that he will die early this time around. And if after rebirth, he had to take care of these two again, he might choose eternal death.

♕♕♕

SOLLEL WAS BUSY teasing and kissing Hakkeran while going to Adral that she only realized the familiar scenery when they were about to enter Adral.

Looking around, Sollel couldn't stop her eyes from watering when she realized where Adral was located.

Yther. We're in Yther!

"This was under the empire a decade ago until I asked for it as a reward." Hakkeran informed Sollel when he saw her silently crying. "I built Adral here to preserve the land since it had become a ruin. Lots of other races who live here helped me clean up the whole place. I know I shouldn't have built Adral here, but I want to build a place where you'll be comfortable with when you return."

Sollel's tears doubled when she heard Hakkeran's explanation. She was silently sobbing.

"I can change the name of the town to whatever you want." Hakkeran added. "I can't rebuild Yther on my own, but you can use this place to rebuild your new kingdom. I heard some Ytherian are still alive and in hiding. My warriors are already looking for them. We already found some, but it's a start, right? We won't stop until we find the rest of the surviving Ytherian—"

Hakkeran's words were cut off when Sollel suddenly turned to kiss him hard on the lips and hugged him tightly.

"No. We don't need to change it. Adral is fine. I like it." Sollel said while still crying. "Thank you, Hakken. This... what you did here, cleaning up Yther and building a prosperous town here for every race to live in... it's amazing— you're amazing! You're really amazing! I'm so lucky to have you! I'm so lucky... so blessed... so happy..."

Sollel was crying as they enter the town's gate that she didn't see every race in town welcoming her and rejoicing her return. She was too emotional that the only thing she could was cry. And Hakkeran just hugged her, caressing her back until she calmed down.

"Where are we going...?" Sollel asked while sniffing and drying her own tears together with Hakkeran.

"To your temple," then Hakkeran added. "To our castle.

Sollel's eyes widened and she immediately looked ahead, anticipating and hopeful.

Seconds later, a castle in black and deep red color came into view. It sits atop the mountain where the previous temple of Ignis was located.

It looked too magnificent that it took Sollel's breath away. It resembled the temple of Ignis in a way, but it was grander— and more exquisite. And in front of the castle was a seal— a red flame indicating that it was the Mistress of Flame's abode.

Sollel was in awe. "That flame... didn't the humans noticed that it's my symbol?"

"No. They thought it's because I wield a flaming sword." Hakkeran answered.

Sollel's awe was replaced by a smile. And since she was too excited to reach the castle, she jumped and summoned her flame wings to fly fast towards the castle.

Seeing his lady excited made Hakkeran chuckled.

Sollel was too fast for Nessus to catch up that she reached the castle in only a few breaths. And since Hakkeran said it was her temple, without asking for permission, Sollel just pushed the door open and enter.

Meanwhile, Hakkeran signaled Nessus to fly faster to catch up to his queens. When they arrived in front of the castle, Hakkeran immediately went inside to follow his queen, while Gabin was behind the warlord.

The two were expecting a happy Queen Sollel, but what they saw was the opposite.

It was Sollel, kneeling on the floor, her hands on her lap and her head was down like a child reflecting on bad behavior. A far cry from the Mistress of Flame, the queen of destruction who raze hell in the city of Faberion.

And in front of Queen Sollel was another queen, the Mistress of Nature, Queen Gatria.

Hakkeran who stilled at the scene didn't know what to do or say. Because from where he was standing, he could see Queen Gatria— in front of the kneeling Sollel— looking like a mother scolding a mischievous child.

And that child was Queen Sollel, the Mistress of Flame and the queen of destruction. 

CECELIB | C.C.

Shout out to Nashy and Celine  😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 6 5
''To all the men who pretend to be gods, and all the women who will succeed them.'' Centuries ago, the world was cursed by the gods. A large tree spr...
9.2K 974 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist @YARomance Undiscovered Book of the Month (January 2024) Featured on Wattpad's HighFantasy, StoriesUndiscovered (May 2023), Dange...
24.3K 1.3K 53
One year ago, Prythian suffered an attack at the hands of the necromancer, Melantha. She was ultimately defeated, but the marks of her terrible influ...
66.6K 6K 67
Book 2 #19 in Fantasy #8 in action-packed #27 in dark magic #28 in fantasy-adventure Everything Celestia Armedes has ever come to know is crumbling t...