Two Sides to Every Love (Gene...

By Shadowlumi

Sequel to "Two Sides to Every Girl" It was almost the end of summer before Y/n's senior year, and she was hap... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1~ Relationships
Chapter 2~ Sudden Vacation
Chapter 3~ Coincidence? I Think Not
Chapter 4~ Kept Secret
Chapter 5~ Rekindle an Old Flame
Chapter 6~ Katelyn's Care
Chapter 7~ Heartbreak
Chapter 8~ Breakups Suck
Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup
Chapter 10~ Big News
Chapter 11~ Work = Fun?
Chapter 12~ The Prospect of Love
Chapter 13~ I'm Feelin' Twenty Tw- Five. Twenty Five.
Chapter 14~ Falling For You
Chapter 15~ Way Home
Chapter 17~ Start Anew
Chapter 18~ Oh No He Didn't!
Chapter 19~ Siblings
Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21~ Business Proposal
Chapter 22~ Worry About You
Chapter 23~ Healing
Chapter 24~ Smile
Chapter 25~ The End of All Things
Chapter 26~ Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 27~ Dear Diary
Chapter 28~ Our Spot
Chapter 29 🍋~ Greedy
Chapter 30~ Maid Café Shenanigans
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Side Story 1~ OKAY I PULL UP
Side Story 2~ A "Little Bit" Drunk
Side Story 3~ Prom Night
Side Story 4~ New Year('s Eve), New Friend

Chapter 16~ Fireworks

102 4 2
By Shadowlumi

Katelyn dragged me to her room, with Kawaii~chan tagging along.

Nicole, who was laying on her bed, looked alarmed. "What's...going on here?"

"Y/n is getting back with her ex!"

"We barely even officiated anything when you dragged me away," I shot back. "We're adults now, Katelyn!"

Nicole shook her head. "I made the same mistake with Dante. We dated back in high school."

"No offense, but Dante's a bit...how should I say this...stupid. Gene and I didn't end on bad terms, so I don't see the problem."

"Y/n, just what, two weeks ago you were saying how you thought it was stressful to be thought of as anything more than friends. Then, on your birthday you had the passing thought that there might've been something there, before saying to forget it, and now?"

"I can't control how I feel!" I snapped. And there were more instances of confusion! I just kept them to myself...

"Katelyn~sama, Kawaii~chan thinks you're overreacting!"

"You're just saying that cause you ship them!"

Nicole sighed. "Guys, calm down! If Y/n is sure about this, then it's her call."

"I've never been more sure about something," I said.

"But you don't even know what he's been up to all these years!" Katelyn argued. "Like if he's been in any relationships or..."

"That stuff isn't that important to me, but we'll find that out about each other as we go out. Katelyn, you're my friend, so I really need you to know that it's going to be okay."

"But...first Aph, and now you?"

"Even if Gene and I start dating, I'm still gonna be living with you and Kawaii~chan! It'd be way too fast for anything else," I assured. "I wouldn't be abandoning you or anything."

"If Aph says yes, that is... Ugh, fine. If you say so! But if he hurts you again, I will end him." She sighed. "So...what's the plan for tonight?"

"Well...Gene wanted to make plans with me, and I know you asked first, but—"

Nicole cut me off, giggling. "I got Katelyn covered, don't you worry Y/n."

I flashed her a grateful smile. "Thanks. And Katelyn, I'm sorry. I just really want to spend more time with Gene."

"Just...be careful, Y/n." Her eyes suddenly widened. "THERE IS NO WAY YOU TWO ARE SHARING A ROOM ANYMORE!"

My shoulders jumped and I felt my face grow warm. "W-We wouldn't be sharing the same bed! There's two separate ones for a reason!"

"Yeah, but you can't trust men! You're sleeping next to me for the rest of the cruise."

"Katelyn!"
"Katelyn~sama!"

I glanced at Kawaii~chan before sheepishly laughing. Well, at least I know someone is on my side. Despite how strange it might be...

Katelyn glared at me before leaving the room. I let out a sigh of relief before I heard her shouting Gene's name. Oh boy. Our rooms are right next to each other, so Katelyn was already berating Gene.

"IF YOU THINK FOR EVEN A SECOND THAT YOU'RE GONNA BE SHARING A ROOM WITH Y/N, YOU'RE DEAD WRONG! I know what you're up to."

"Following our room assignments and spending time with the girl I love?" Gene questioned.

Love?! I shook my head. "Wh-What happened to chill summer vibes Katelyn? You can't let all that relaxation dissipate! You gotta let it carry over for when we get home!"

"Well, after hearing from Aaron, you two sharing a room after...becoming a thing or whatever, is my last straw!"

"I wouldn't do anything to her!" Gene protested. "I'm not an animal. Plus, she and I didn't even get to finish talking! If anything, you're the one to be worried about."

Katelyn whipped her head towards me. "Is that how you feel?"

"If anything, I'm...definitely a bit scared. I appreciate your concern, I really do, but like I said before—"

She sighed. "It's...going to be okay. Right."

I held my arms out and wrapped them around Katelyn. Maybe it's a big sister thing. I've definitely been a bit nosy and protective when it comes to S/n. We broke our hug and Katelyn trudged back to her room.

"Alone at long last," Gene remarked. "Now, where were we?"

"We were going into our room where we can talk in peace." I entered our room with Gene following, closing the door behind him.

"Maybe we should've started with that."

"You think? Anyways...um. The mood went away! Dang it, Katelyn..."

"The important stuff was already said, that's what matters. Now...do you have any hesitations about sharing a room?" he asked.

I sat at the edge of my bed. "I mean, no? You did say you aren't an animal."

His face held a warm hue. "You drive me crazy, Y/n."

"Aww c'mon, you haven't even had me for ten minutes. How do you expect to be in a relationship with me!" I teased. "Y'know, I feel like you're a lot softer than I remember. Not in a bad way, but—"

Gene placed his hands on the bed, with me in between. "Do I need to remind you of my 'underhanded tactics', as you put it?"

My temperature instantly shot up. "W-Well, it's not like you actually did anything. You were just trying to make me nervous."

"Should...I change that?"

I can be bold, too. I wrapped my arms around Gene's neck and he leaned forward, leading me to fall back onto the bed. He eventually pulled away and laid next to me.

"Y'know, I missed you a lot," I mumbled.

"Me or my kisses?" he teased.

"Gene!" I sighed. "Really, who would've thought we'd be trying us out again?"

"By the sounds of it, everyone?" he retorted. "I'm just surprised I didn't have to fight harder to get you to like me back."

"Should I have given you a harder time?" I questioned. "Maybe I'm making this too easy..."

He softly laughed. "I would've done anything to make you feel the same way about me."

"Oh? And what would that include?"

He took my hand in his, lifting my thumb up. "First off, I'd flirt with you a lot." He lifted my pointer finger. "Next, I'd show up to your place everyday so you'd fall for me just cause I'd be so close all the time. If that didn't work," he brought up my middle finger, keeping the other two up, "I'd throw pebbles at your window so you'd notice me." Then, my ring finger. "I'd send you gifts everyday. The ring finger wouldn't be able to resist."

"What do you mean by that...like, you'd propose?"

He rolled his eyes, ignoring my question. Finally, he lifted my pinkie finger. "I'd take a page from your book and kiss you. If none of that worked...maybe that meant I'm not the one for you." He interlocked his hand with mine. "What's most important is that you're happy."

"That's...really sweet, Gene. Hearing your plan definitely makes me like you more."

"What can I say? I'm a likeable guy."

"I guess so," I mused. "What time is it?"

He pulled out his phone. "6 PM."

"I kinda wanna take a nap until the fireworks."

"Works with me. Should I move to my bed?"

The thought of sharing a bed with him already...

He ruffled my hair before moving to his bed. "I can take a hint."

I let out a soft sigh and closed my eyes.

"Y/n, if you're tired, I can drive you home. I don't mind. You didn't even go home before coming here."

A smile spread across my face. "I've had enough of you trying to kick me out, Gene." 

Gene groaned. "You aren't gonna let me forget Saturday, are you?"

"Worst first date in history," I remarked.

"Come on, it was going pretty well until the end."

"Uh, you literally said, 'Maybe I'm comparing you and my ex' while we were eating." And it was bad enough for us to not talk yesterday and for you to ditch school today...

"...Yeah, and that was towards the end! We spent hours together before dinner." He sighed. "I'm really sorry about my mixed signals. I was kinda bad at committing to pushing you away or letting you in. I have to ask you this again, are you sure you want to be with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes! That's why I showed up here despite everything. We've been over this! You're...not always gonna be wishy-washy with me, right?"

"No, I'm ready to be honest with how I feel about you."

"Is that so?" I whispered.

"Yeah, like how I'm glad you want to stay."

"Well, you pulled the blanket over us!" I exclaimed. "I thought we were on the same page about taking a nap."

He kissed my forehead. "You read my mind."

My eyes peeled open and I immediately rubbed my eyes, only to feel splotches of wetness. I shut my eyes. I...think I had a dream, but what was it...? An incessant ringing caused me to glance around the room, only to fall upon a slow rising Gene who was struggling to turn his alarm off. Oh, right. 

I smiled as Gene finally managed to end the ringing and looked towards me.

"What? Someone's gotta make sure we woke up." He peered at me. "Were...you crying?"

"I had a dream about us in high school," I explained. "Tears of nostalgia, I guess!"

"Ah, I see! I hope you'll have dreams about our future, too."

We gazed at each other until I darted my eyes elsewhere as the butterflies in my stomach grew. I felt his eyes linger on me before shifting his focus to his phone. "Dante texted me asking if I wanted to watch fireworks with him."

"Crap, I forgot about Dante!" I exclaimed. "What are you gonna tell him?"

"That I have a date, of course." He sighed. "It's difficult when fireworks mean a lot to your brother and girlfriend."

Girlfriend! "I-I mean, we only saw them together once."

"They go off every time I look at you."

"You should probably get your eyes checked," I retorted.

"Maybe I should if I manage to see something in you."

"HEY!"

*~o~o~o~*

Gene and I managed to find a secluded spot that had a good enough view, and we sat atop a blanket that I recognized from our beach day. The anticipation was bubbling up within me.

"At what point in life do you think the flow of time turned to mush?" I blurted.

"...For me, it had to be at the wonderous age of 10," he replied. "Life had turned to pattern and got boring. I was already categorized as a burnt out gifted kid by the time I was 14."

The pounding of my heart had faded from my ears detection. "Hmm...I can get that. I feel like for me it was around 18. Everything past high school was just...whatever, y'know? I feel like nothing's changed since then."

"I guess turning into a legal adult really takes it out of you, but I do know one thing," Gene said. "It's a bit unrelated, though."

"Ooh, what is it?"

"This summer's been a turning point for me, and I'm glad I get to end it with you."

I placed my head on his shoulder and smiled as murmurs of the fireworks starting soon fluttered about. "Me too. I thought this was gonna be a cruel summer, but I was wrong." It's been my sweetest summer yet.

Loud pops and bangs filled the air as explosions of sparks decorated the night sky. Even still, I was looking up at Gene with his eyes meeting mine, and I couldn't help but think, despite it maybe being to soon...

I love you ain't that the worst thing you've ever heard?
·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·~+·

A/n: HE LOOKS UP GRINNING LIKE A DEVIL! AND IT'S NEWWW THE SHAPE OF YOUR BODY IT'S BLUEEE THE FEELING I'VE GOT AND IT'S OOOHH WHOA OH IT'S A CRUEEEELLL SUMMER IT'S COOOLLL THAT'S WHAT I TELL EM NO RULESSS IN BREAKABLE HEAVEN BUT IT'S OOOHH WHOA OH IT'S A CRUEEELLLL SUMMER WITH YOU 

Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~ 💖Shadow🎮

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 2.2K 23
{ SO PROUD I'M DOING THIS HUEHUE} [RECOMMEND FOR GIRLS AND GENE LOVERS LIKE ME] Summary: Y/N was new to highschool and wanted to start over your l...
165K 5.5K 23
"Come on Little Dove" Gene whined, "Teach me how to be good." After coming in contact with Phoenix Drop High's so called "bad boy", (Y/n) had no choi...
768 14 12
After high school Y/N moved in with Gene and has always hid her wolf traits since. One day Gene gets tickets for an island resort called Love~Love Pa...
5.9K 197 22
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...