Resol || Camilo Madrigal

By AeKa20

Spanish | noun. The Glare of the Sun, Sunlight. Where Camilo Madrigal and Clara Martinez fell in love with pe... More

A Small Beginning
A Short Introduction
A Soft Melody
A Special Day
A Morning After
A Pausing Brightness
A Close-knit Togetherness
A Time of Attempts
A Reason for Rage
A Drop of Courage
A Glare of the Sun
A Note of Thanks

A Solemn Discovery

1.9K 71 28
By AeKa20

Clara steps out of the kitchen, setting down the last of the food. Good, everything is in place and the Guzmans have just arrived.

"Oh my, I didn't know Clarita will be here with us." Señora Guzman said as she enters with her son Mariano. "Buenas noches Señora Guzman, Señorito Mariano." Clara greeted politely.

"Oh my, such a good child." Señora Guzman gushed, patting Clara's cheek. "Señora Madrigal has such a good granddaughter-in-law." She then turned to Alma with a teasing grin.

"Indeed, she is very good." Alma takes the good natured joke with a small laugh.

"Señora! Abuela!" Clara said, embarrassed and flustered as red paints her cheeks red. The older women simply cooed her way and continue doting on her.

"Anyway – I am going to check on Tia Julietta. Please take your seats." Clara made her escape and ran off to the back.

"She's so adorable, Señora. When will she and Camilo get together?" Señora Guzman said with a giggle. Alma lets out a pleased sigh, "I do have my plans." She stated before taking her seat at the front of the table.

"Time to eat!" Abuela Alma then called out to everyone.

The Guzmans were seated by Alma's left. Next to Mariano was Isabela, then Mirabel and Agustin, lastly Antonio and Mateo sat together with energetic giggles.

At the other side of the table was first Julietta, then Pepa and Felix, next to them was Camilo and Clara, beside them was Dolores and lastly Luisa.

With everyone gathered around the table, the dinner with the Guzmans has started.

"Your face is red, Cariño. Are you okay?" Camilo asked as he pulled the chair on his right for her to sit on. "Just flustered... I feel like I'm being doted on." Clara said in response, sitting down next to him.

"Oh? Who teased my poor Corazon to look like this?" Camilo asked in teasing interest. He settles himself next to her, keeping that Cheshire grin on his face.

"Abuela and Señora Guzman – oh please don't question it, Milo." Clara gripped on his shoulder, knowing what he was going to do.

"Oh? And what will you do to buy my silence?"

"I'll give you a portion of my food. Just please."

"You're quite desperate this time." Camilo said, agreeing to the deal as he made himself comfortable on his seat.

'That's because I can feel their stares! They're observing like doting grandmothers!' Clara exclaimed in her mind before shaking her head. "I'm just flustered already. I don't need any more of it." She reasoned.

"I know." Camilo said, looking her way with sincere eyes and an endearing smile etched on his lips.

Their sweet-like atmosphere doesn't seem to register the two old women slightly giggling at their interaction.

'If my Mariano can be like that with Isabela, then everything will go smoothly!' Señora Guzman thought with a bit of giddiness in her system.

Alma only seems to nod in approval, waiting for everyone to settle down in their seats. Once everyone has done so, the dinner has started.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto." Alma said to Señora Guzman.

"Yes. Then, let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." She replied to the matriarch as they both share a laugh.

"To a perfect night! Salud!" Alma said, leading the night as the host. "Salud!" everyone raised their glasses in response.

Thus, everyone went to eating their food and chattering with each other.

Clara pretty much just eats as the chatting goes on. It was normal in the Casa Madrigal for meals together to be filled with liveliness. She would exchange some words with Camilo, turn to look after her little brother, and eat her food.

Clara spots the way Mirabel was intensely eyeing Dolores, as if watching her with warning. Dolores on the other hand could only quietly whimper at the strong gaze.

The Martinez could only hum at that, eyeing the scene in slight confusion. Was something going on?

A tap on her plate then brought her to look to her left. Camilo had an innocent smile on, gesturing for the payment of their small transaction. "Jeez, you can't even wait." Clara grumbled at him.

She slices a portion of her meat, making it slightly bigger considering Camilo's appetite. She then carefully puts it on Camilo's plate.

Camilo, pleased with the said payment, poured Clara a glass of water as some exchange of 'thank you'.

This doesn't go unnoticed by the adults, Pepa practically creating a rainbow at the scene they just saw.

Clara, back to facing her plate, was then tapped on the shoulder by Dolores. 'Was their staring contest done? Oh wait no, Mirabel was just covered by the avocados.' She thought as she leaned closer to hear Dolores' whisper.

Hearing the details, Clara's head blanks out. The Madrigal's magic was in danger? And Mirabel will be the reason behind it? And it was from Bruno's vision??

'Was this... what she searched for in Bruno's Tower?' Clara thought as she almost dropped her spoon. Thankfully she caught it before any of the adults could notice.

Clara first turned to Dolores, checking silently to see if it was true. Seeing the quiet message, Dolores nodded, gesturing that she heard it herself.

Clara then turned to Mirabel, who was wincing at her friend's shocked and slightly panicked expression. Slowly, Clara evened her breath and tried calming down, setting down her spoon.

If this was true, then they should at least try talking about it right? Or maybe they just found out? Is that why they're hiding it, so that it can be discussed after dinner? So many questions-!!

A hand squeezed hers from under the table, "Is everything alright, Cariño?" Camilo asked her, noticing her sudden change in attitude.

Clara hummed in thought, contemplating as she felt Mirabel's stare on her. "You can tell me." Camilo urged softly, keeping his voice low.

Clara exchanged glances with Dolores, and once Mirabel's vision was again blocked by a pitcher of water, Clara faced Camilo.

"Well..." Clara trailed off, interlacing fingers with him, as she ushered him to lean a bit down. Camilo obliges, lending an ear as Clara whispered the information she got from Dolores.

Camilo, shocked at the news, shapeshifted into Mirabel and Bruno before ending up with bugged up face. Everyone looked his way, both in concern and confusion.

Clara worriedly tapped on his cheek, "Hermoso, fix your face please." She said his way in a smaller voice. Camilo simply shook his head, and his face was back to normal.

They both exchanged squeezes between their interlocked fingers before turning back to try focusing on their food on their plates.

Camilo couldn't help whispering the same news to his father next to him. Felix spits out the water he was drinking in shock.

Mariano lets out a small gasp at the water landing near him. The dinner halts once more.

Alma takes the initiative to swerve the attention away from what has happened. "Mirabel. The cream, please?" she asked, gesturing to pass the bowl.

Mirabel turned to her father, "Pa, the cream?" she asked her father to pass the bowl to her. Agustin lets out a small nervous laugh and passed the bowl to his youngest.

Mirabel then passes the bowl to Isabela, who could only scoff at her attitude before passing the bowl.

Felix then whispered the information to his wife beside him. Pepa, unable to control her emotions, ended up summoning a stormy cloud in the house.

"Pepa, the cloud." Alma told her child. Pepa nervously combed through her braid, "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies." She chanted her usual calming mantra.

Pepa also doesn't lose the opportunity to tell her older sister about what was upsetting everyone.

In small shock, Julietta could only look at her child in shock and horror. Mirabel, catching the gaze, turned away and focused on her drink.

Mariano, seeing the rather weird atmosphere and the youngest's unusual demeanor, turned to Mirabel. "Mirabel?" he called her, who seemed to be looking under the table.

Mirabel bumps on the table as she sat up straight, turning to the older man. "Everything okay?" he asked in concern.

Agustin piped up, "Everything is great. She's just excited. For you to propose. Which, uh, you should do!" he nervously laughed, covering up for his daughter.

Mirabel nodded along, the father and daughter duo expressing their excitement for the engagement as an attempt the disaster of a news their relatives had learned.

"Uh, I was actually gonna..."

"You were actually gonna. Great!"

Mirabel cuts off Mariano with enthusiasm, facing her sister's chair towards the older male.

Mariano looked at his mother, probably for her opinion, and the older woman hesitantly relented. "Well, since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song!" she informed.

"Luisa, could you bring over the piano?" Señora Guzman asked the favor towards the strong girl.

Luisa bit her trembling her lip, "Okay." She said, voice cracking as if she was stopping her tears before standing up.

'Why do I feel like chaos is going to break lose soon?' Clara thought, feeling nervousness and worry fill her up. Nonetheless, she kept herself quiet as she watched on.

Mirabel, trying to salvage the moment at least, turned to the Guzmans. "Uh, it's actually family tradition to sing after." She told Mariano as she pushed the man onto his knees in front of his older sister.

"Isabela, most graceful of all the Madrigals." Mariano started, bringing out a velvet box from his pocket.

Mirabel throws herself at the corner, surprising everyone, but Mirabel poses and brushes it off. "You're doing great." She reassured Mariano with a thumbs up.

Mariano kept his composure, continuing his proposal. "The most perfect flower... in this entire Encanto..." he said, facing the smiling Isabela.

Luisa then comes in, struggling to drag the piano in, before starting to cry. This bewildered and paused the proposal once more. Nonetheless, Mariano still pursued his purpose here.

"Will you marry..."

"No!"

Mirabel's loud shout cuts everything off, seeing her jump under the table. Luisa breaks down into tears, crying on the floor. And everything has descended into chaos.

"What is happening?" Señora Guzman shrieked out loud, looking at the disaster around them.

Dolores couldn't keep it in any longer. "Mirabel found Bruno's vision. She's in it. She's gonna destroy the magic and now, we're all doomed!" she screamed, covering her ears at all the noise.

And as if on cue, Antonio's coatimundis laid down a glowing green glass and Mirabel's hand accidentally moved the green glass image to slid to the other side of the table.

It lands right in front of Alma, indeed seeing the image of Mirabel standing in front of a cracked Casita.

Cracks started to form all over the room, the whole house shaking.

Dolores covered her ears at the loud noises, Camilo shapeshifted into a baby-man thing with a moustache, Isabela grew a plant that hit Mariano in the nose out of shock, and despite trying to calm down, Pepa's cloud only thundered.

It was a total mess; everything has just become a real disaster.

The winds opened the doors, revealing some of the townspeople waiting outside with celebratory intentions. "Felicidades!" they cheered before quieting down due to the thunderstorm.

Tonight's dinner was a complete breakdown of chaos.

.・。.・゜✭・.

The Guzmans have left, and a majority of the Madrigal Family had departed from the dinner table, panicked and frustrated.

Clara could only heave a deep sigh, moving to clean the table. With how disastrous dinner ended up, she didn't know if it was possible for any kind of recovery...

Well, recovery can happen later, right now, calming down the panicked Madrigals should come first.

"Clarita, you didn't have to." Julietta, who occupied herself in cleaning the kitchen and the dishes, turned to the girl who had just finished cleaning the table.

"It's the most that I can do." Clara said, shaking her head. She wanted to be of help.

"I can handle the rest here. Maybe you can check on Pepa and Camilo upstairs." Julietta then said to the girl.

"Okay. I'll brew some tea as well." Clara said, moving to brew some in the teapot with hot water.

Clara, carrying a tray of teacups and a teapot, knocked on Pepa's room with her elbow. "Tia, Milo, I brought tea." She said gently.

The door opened, revealing Camilo and behind him was Pepa walking around in circles, stressed as the cloud on her head seemed to get darker and rainier.

"Good timing, Querida. Thanks." Camilo told her as he made for her to enter. Clara walked in, setting the tray down on the table near Pepa's chair.

Camilo had moved closer to his mother, soothing as he guided her to her chair. "It's okay, Mami." Camilo said gently as Pepa sat on her chair.

Clara passes a teacup full of warm tea to Camilo, who gingerly takes it. He then offers it to his mother, "Deep breath in, deep breath out." He told her in a soothing tone.

The wall suddenly bumps Pepa's chair, shocking her at the sudden movement. This resulted to her stormy cloud to strike lightning at Camilo.

The boy flinches at the pain, bumping the table behind him as he shapeshifted into different people before settling back to his own body.

"Camilo, mijo, I'm sorry!" Pepa exclaimed, even more panicked as the cloud above her kept on thundering.

"It's – it's okay Mami." Camilo winced, feeling the pain and the stain of the tea on his pants.

Clara takes Camilo by the shoulders, "Okay, let's all please calm down. Milo, go sit over there too." She said, swerving him to the nearby chair.

"But Mi Vida – "

"Milo, mi Hermoso, go take five. I'll handle this."

Camilo heaved a small sigh, heartbeats slightly picking up its pace, as he nodded and moved to sit down too.

Clara took a new teacup, thankful that the tea set did not fall, and poured new tea into the cup. She then gently offers it to Pepa. "Tia, please drink. We all need to calm down first." She said softly.

Pepa nodded shakily, taking the cup with Clara's help. "Thank you for this, Clarita. You didn't have to." She told the younger girl.

Clara simply shook her head, "I wanted to. Supporting the Madrigals have always been a Martinez's duty... plus we're close, there's no need for any thanks." She huffed out sheepishly.

Seeing Pepa slowly calm down as she drank her tea, Clara took another cup and poured tea into it. She then walked over to Camilo, offering the cup.

"Drink too, Hermoso. You need it." She said as she faced her friend. "I'm okay, Corazon. You've done enough." Camilo shook his head in response.

Clara lets out a small breath, moving his hands to hold the teacup. "Drink. I know everyone's stressed about what just happened." She told him, cupping her hands over his, keeping him from letting go of the cup.

Camilo bit his inner cheek, slightly cursing at how weak he was against those pretty brown eyes full of sincerity. He relented with a nod and drank the tea once Clara lets go of his hands.

A knock resounded from the door, Clara moving to answer the door.

She opens it, seeing Antonio and Mateo together. "What brought you little ones here?" Clara asked them, letting them in.

"Tonio wanted to check on his Mama." Mateo answered as Antonio talked to Pepa, probably comforting his mother.

"I see. That's good." Clara said in a hushed tone before patting her brother's head. "Thank you for sticking with Toñito, Teo. You did well, too." She then praised.

"Tonio and I are best friends! We support each other through good and bad times!"

"That's right. Good job."

Antonio moved from his mother and brother to tugging Clara's skirt. "Clara, can you sing us a song?" he asked her in a mumble.

Clara tilted her head, "A song?" she questioned, seeing the two little boys nod.

"The song you sing whenever Camilo is sad." Antonio said as Mateo's eyes lit up, remembering. "Dos Oruguitas. Sing us Dos Oruguitas, Clara." He told his sister.

Clara looked at the two boys, surrendering to their hopeful eyes and sitting on the carpet. "Okay, come here." She ushered them into her arms.

The two boys made themselves comfy on her lap, snuggling close to her with her lap as their pillow. Clara chuckled at them softly, hands combing through their hair as she started singing.

Dos oruguitas enamoradas
Pasan sus noches y madrugadas
Llenas de hambre
Siguen andando y navegando un mundo
Que cambia y sigue cambiando
Navegando un mundo
Que cambia y sigue cambiando

As the girl continued to sing softly, as if lulling someone to slumber, Clara feels someone settle beside her. She glances at her right, seeing Camilo seated by her side with a small grin.

The older brother gently moved the sleepy Antonio to his own lap, snuggling himself to the girl's side. Seeing Clara slightly surprised by this, Camilo simply smiled and continued where she left off.

Dos oruguitas paran el viento
Mientras se abrazan con sentimiento
Siguen creciendo, no saben cuándo

Clara heaved out a sheepish sigh through her smile, leaning her head on his shoulder as she completed the verse.

Buscar algún rincón
El tiempo sigue cambiando
Inseparables son
El tiempo sigue cambiando

They both started to sing together, the softness of their voices blending into the melody.

Ay oruguitas, no se aguanten más
Hay que crecer a parte y volver
Hacia adelante seguirás
Vienen milagros, vienen crisálidas
Hay que partir y construir su propio futuro

The song was quiet, the melody soft as if it was simple whispers being carried in the wind. It was calming, serene, and full of emotion.

Pepa watched the children, the song also somehow calming her down. Even if it was just for a moment, she felt at peace.

As if her children were just spending time with the lovely Martinez children.

As if the older teens were just singing a smooth lullaby to their younger siblings.

She watches on with a smile, loving the soft atmosphere around them and wanting to melt.

And seeing the look in their eyes when Clara and Camilo exchanged sincere smiles and weaved their voices into the melody together made Pepa's teeth sore from the sweetness.

Even if it was just for a moment, Pepa indulged to listening further and soaking in the softness. She didn't realize the stormy cloud above her disperse into the air.

.・。.・゜✭・.

It was slightly late at night when Clara had decided to head back to her home. She had rejected Camilo's insistence on walking her back, telling him that his family needed him first.

"Are you sure, Cariño? It's just a short walk." Camilo asked her for the fifth time, warily watching her carry her sleeping younger brother in her arms.

"Yes, Hermoso. You go tuck in Antonio in his bed, I'll be fine." Clara said back, not hesitating to reassure him for the same number of times.

"I can tuck him in and then walk with yo – "

"Yeah, no. Thanks for being understanding, Milo."

Clara kissed his cheek before climbing down the stairs.

Camilo was frozen in place, eyes slightly blank as he felt his cheek burn red. A nonchalant kiss like that – something they innocently did as children – and yet...

Flustered into a blushing mess, Camilo gulped and tried to stop himself from celebrating. It fails obviously as a giddy grin appears on his lips.

"Camilo, did Clara and Teo leave already?" Antonio asked, groggy and sleepy as he rubbed his eyes.

"They went home now." Camilo answered before walking to his little brother's room. "Let me tuck you in, okay?" he then said to him.

"Okay... why is your face red?"

"That's because Mi Vida has done something good. I will have to pay her back later."

Clara has made her way to the ground floor, nearing the entrance.

"Clarita, you were still here?" Abuela asked, surprisingly still awake. "Yes, I'm sorry for overstaying our welcome." Clara said in an apologetic tone.

"You're welcome to stay anytime. But why have you stayed for so long?" Alma asked. Clara was an obedient child to her Abuelo after all. It's the filial piety.

"I couldn't say no to Teo and Toñito when they asked me to sing them, then they ended up sleeping." She chuckled out her reason.

"I see... I'm sorry you had to see that disaster a while ago." Alma stated, frowning once more at the events of that dinner.

Clara heaved a sigh, "I don't think it's anyone's fault, Abuela. Some visions are just meant to be seen." She said as she looked up to the magic candle still burning bright.

"And the Casita falling... maybe it's because... no..." Clara trailed off, sighing as she decided to rethink her words.

Alma stayed silent, curious of the girl's words as she glanced her way.

"Abuela Alma, you are a strong woman. Someone who is considered the protector of the magic and of your family." Clara started, keeping her voice soft as she cradles her sleeping brother.

"I heard from Abuelo that you stayed strong for your family. That alone is admirable, I look up to your persistence and strong will." She admitted with a sheepish smile.

Alma then watches the smile disappear, "But that strength may also be why the magic and family is starting to crack." Clara stated, keeping it vague to not fully offend the older woman.

"I don't mean to be rude Abuela, you can reprimand me if you think so, but..." Clara faced the matriarch bravely. "Too much strength breaks things." She gently reminded.

Clara didn't have the courage to properly look at Alma's reaction.

"I think we all just need time. The Madrigals just need time to calm down, then you can all discuss about this and try finding a solution." She suggested with a sigh.

"If everything can be seen clearly, maybe things won't be as difficult... of course it is up to Abuela as the head of the family." Clara stated, still giving the final decision to Alma.

"Family feuds are always solved from within. I hope and pray everything will be fine." Clara finished, giving a rather dim and sad smile.

Clara swallows the drop of courage she found and looked at Alma's face. She sees that the matriarch was slightly confused, mostly in thought, and was listening to her words with furrowed brows.

She decided it was time for her and her little brother to go.

"The Madrigals and Casita may be in need of help, please don't hesitate to ask for the Martinez's help." Clara told the older woman in a gentle tone, almost soothing.

She didn't wait for the older woman to reply, walking out of the entrance door after bidding farewell.

Everyone in the Madrigal house needed to rest. Shewill give them time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.6K 16
The Manzanares family. A gifted family from Mexico who traveled all the way to Encanto to meet the gifted family they've heard so much about. In th...
22.1K 211 8
Hola! Mi Amigos! This is a Camilo Madrigal x Male Reader Oneshots! •Will contain Fluff, Smut and Angst :) •I will put down when it's fluff, smut or...
14.8K 243 12
𝐓𝐖𝐎 families are living with each other. The Madrigals and the Gracias because both Abulea's had gotten a miracle. Aurora is a perfect little soul...
11K 237 20
If you know me irl, CLICK OFF AND NEVER MENTION THIS TO ME PLS